A Multiverse of Moms and Dad's -- Evrensel Letters

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Wade Von Doom

All Caps when you spell the Man's name
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, modern, horror, a bit of dark romance stories.
1706992799005.png

Need mail from across galaxies? At IPS, (Interdimensional Parcel Services,) we post from all corners of the multiverse! From letters to packages, we guarantee no matter how far from home you are, you'll always get your mail on time!

IPS
We're Built to Serve!

Once more, the IPS comes around to deliver letters across the multiverse, and with mother's day happening, why not send something their way?

Write a letter to a parent/parents of your characters of your choice.

Pip crumbled the parchment and tossed it into the bin, frustrated at her inability to write anything concise. Pip was lucky with her room selection, having explored a bit below with a few civilians who were curious about other lodgings. They'd found a hotel of sorts, if the puzzling mechanical layout could be called that, and Pip was allotted one of its suites. The bedroom was small, true, but it was quiet, had a small porthole window and an attached bath. The nicest thing about the suite was the two adjoining rooms that connected to the sleeping quarters. She'd set up a desk, refurbished the dilapidated couch, and even spent the night before conjuring a Phantasyan tea set.

She dunk the tip of her pen in ink and on her seventh try, began again. This time she started with the envelope.

Delia Delaney
11701 Corvaeni Boulevard
Hallowed Gardens, Prieri, Phantasya
Guarded Worlds Universum

Hey Mama,

I hope yer doing well. I hope dad is too. I

Pip hesitated, the tip of her pen hovering above the parchment in frazzled, frustrated confusion. She wanted to tell her mother everything— about the green flash that stole her away from the Hallowed Gardens, about how she wasn't even supposed to be there and had she followed the rules the Guardian Sphere's magic would have prevented all of this and how even though she probably won't make it home any time soon she'd already made a buttload of friends, saved a swathe of people, and continued to fight for the continuation of peace. But telling her everything didn't feel all that good.

She wouldn't lie, not again and not... wholly, but what point was there in worrying her with half truths and conclusions there'd be no way of her verifying? Pip sighed and refilled the nib of her pen.

Hey mama,
I hope yer doing well. I hope dad is too. I just want you to know I love you both so, so much. What I'm about to tell you sucks, but just know I love you and I won't ever give up. You both taught me that, even before the Grail came into our lives. Please remember that. Please remember that I love you and that I'm using everything I've ever learned and everything y'all have ever taught me to get back.

I won't be coming home, not for a long while I don't think. The Void Beyond sent me somewhere and it's hard to explain without going into unnecessary detail— just trust me when I say I'm looking for a way home. For all of us, because it's not just me who got scattered out here. "Here" is also hard to explain, but I have a bed to sleep on, food to eat, and people to laugh with.

Some of them are hard to understand and harder to get along with, but I still remember what you told me about Noxiana's attitude after our first meeting. You were right, of course, to give people a chance to prove their colors, but hollow hells if it isn't hard.

I had to write to you because I knew you'd find a way to tell dad that wouldn't make him feel miserable. I knew you could handle the news. I'm sorry, and I'm sorry for having to ask you this again: but could you tell Noxiana? I'm sure the other Wardens have already felt something amiss and I'm sure she's going to be a handful when you tell her I won't be coming home any time soon.

Tell her I would if I could.

The situation here is just as dire. I can't be on both battlefronts at once this time.

I love you mama. Tell dad I love him too.

P.S. I don't want to be morbid, but if I do happen to... not make it back, make sure you get the reclamation fund yer entitled to. It will set you and papa up good. Neither of you'll have to work again and the health packages are better than his retirement one. It's not much but it's the least I can do.

Pip<3

Pip wiped away shed tears and waited for the ink to dry. It had been much more emotional than she thought, but it was therapeutic, in a way, to get it all out there. To lay bare her hopes and dreams. She got up and stretched, not too fond of that kind of vulnerability, and loosened the built up tension in her shoulders.

Now to find that IPS guy.

There is an attachment on the letter. A high resolution picture 1,200 by 2,500. The image itself is of Alec on a leather couch, wearing nothing but a leather N7 jacket. His legs are spread wide open, with one leaning against the arm of the couch, while he hangs his head back against the cushions with a flirtatious grin on his face. His hair is a mess, and the lighting of the room perfectly captures his hairy chest and muscular abs, while his... privates, are on full display with no attempt to hide it.

To my loving partner. I can no longer picture my life without you in it, giving me purpose and hope of a brighter future after this long conflict ends. When together, I feel the weight of such issues lifted. It no longer becomes points of military interests on a map when I think about the multiverse, but a playground for us to explore and adventure through. A life of travel, love and happiness waiting to happen together. When we're apart, it breaks my heart to sleep in our bed without your warming body to snuggle into. And face the unknown of our enemies out there amongst the stars.

When this ends, I hope we find a place to continue our life in peace. To give you a marriage you deserve, and as many children as you desire. To ravage you between the sheets, and share that joy of ecstasy withe others we have brought together in this crazy relationship we've made. You are everything to me, and never forget that. Without you, I am nothing. Even being your slave in bed will bring me more joy than I have ever believed possible.

Your ever loving partner, and soon to be husband,
Alec
MESSAGE SENT

REPLY:

HI MOM!

UHHHHHHHHHHHH.... PLEASE DISREGARD THE MESSAGE ABOVE, SENT IT TO THE WRONG PERSON.

AND DON'T CLICK THE ATTACHMENT.

I LOVE YOU, BUT NOT IN THAT WAY.​

Last edited: