IC EVENT Dionysus's Night of Terror

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
August Yilmaz
Ah, she hadn't told her brother Declan. Momentarily August felt bad for ousting a secret like that, or what had been meant to be a secret, but he moved on quickly enough, a rumble escaping his throat as a subdued laugh.

"Perhaps I will, will you be fine alone?" he throws back, though August knew Raina would always be fine. Even if she ended up in jail, she always ended up just fine. A mixture of extreme luck, or perhaps skill, the hybrid could never determine what it was. He just knew he didn't have it.

But reality reached him soon enough. The mention of the murders. Stories that August had followed himself, all too aware of the stigma against him, even if his kind were the most common, even if he was lucky enough not to seem too much of a hybrid.

"Elkwood has been wonderful, much calmer than Black City, fewer murders as well," he responded lazily, not too interested to delve into the murders too much. The newspapers and tabloids always made everything sound so much worse than they actually were.

"I wasn't expecting you to let me go in peace either," August smiles, knowing that Raina would want to continue the party until the late hours. Hours he didn't mind, nor the threat around the corner against his person. If anything, it felt like a welcome change from the safe borders from which he came.

Text colour: #97B6AE

@Noctis the Devious - Raina Sumners

HALO
The two girls matched, though one seemed to have a more intricate costume than the other, seemingly more invested in socializing as well. Halo gave the quieter one a friendly nod, but did not seek out further conversation without a signal that she wished for one, since it'd always been against he was to force strangers into interacting with him. His mothers had raised him better than that, of course! The group he'd treated retrieved their drinks around him as he reached out and clinked his glass cordially against the younger woman's, his smile warm and pleased. "Cheers to that. The cape is a favourite of mine, but perhaps next year I'll invest in a dress like yours. I quite like all the bows." he purred, though his expression filled with a more childish joy when she revealed to him that she had an entire parcel of croissants inside one of her pockets.

"My my! You're full of surprises, I see. You have my thanks." Halo took the croissant, feeling the delicate, fluffy layers within compress even at the slightest pressure, as croissants usually did. Without a moment of hesitation, he took the pastry to his lips, a bite taken to mingle with the fruit juice and mint already on his tongue.

Chewing and swallowing before smiling and giving the two girls a slight bow, his blue hair so glossy that it caught the lights above them, Halo introduce himself. "Halo Al Nuaimi," his accent thickened around the syllables of his own name, as syrupy as his demeanour, "At your service, Anya and Violet. Are you two looking to join the costume contest later tonight?"
code by wren.

"Well," began Violet with coyness, "Princess Anya wanted to enter the costume, although" and she took a sip of her drink, "I don't know what she is dressing up as. It seems like mostly everyone here looks great, but I don't see much of a theme here."

Because you are all already monsters.

She stood up straight, lest she pushed her manners too far. There was still a hierarchy to be kept, no matter how much she thought Anya liked her, no matter how friendly this thing that stood in front of the two of them seemed. The synthetic weave of her dress brushed her too-bare legs, where there would have been a holster along the inner thigh, and sheathes at her ankles, the loss of which made her feel more naked than the dress.

"Anya simply insisted that I come, so I am here with an open mind. Please teach me the ways of your revelry."

You've been watching too many movies. Snap out of it!

She tried to laugh it off, then turned sideways to bury her burning face in the dark of the club and her drink.

@PavellumPendulum @Nemopedia

VINCENT ABBOTT
VAMPIR

LOCATION | INTERACTION | MENTIONS

All things considered, the Fishers (yes, plural) were wearing a lot more cloth than Vincent had expected. Though Cordelia's dressing held a sort of ethereal elegance attached to it, giving a message of a glamorous presence, Isiah's costume's message was more bold in terms of where his priorities were for the night. In a storm of vulgar to spooky dressed people, the top of his golden head was easy to spot when it was the only one devious enough to make a pass at his bouncer. Nimble fingers, close proximity, and his warm breath on the neck of his employee, his methods of seduction were becoming all too familiar.

A snakish smile weaseled its way onto his face when Dominic, the bouncer, lifted his face and his eyes stared into the holes of his pumpkin head. He couldn't see the smile on Vince's face, but he was well aware he wouldn't have a job if he left his station to curry favor with Isiah Fisher. Vincent made no secret he didn't want his men associating with the minx dressed up as a noble. He was a nuisance and a bitter after taste Vince couldn't get rid of. Even if he did let Cordero go, though. It was partially spite that kept the man under his employment anyway.

Dominic left and Isiah blew him a kiss. An unwelcome one, but unwelcome company was something the Fisher was excellent at giving. Vincent rolled his eyes, relieved that the pumpkin head prevented him or anyone else from seeing it. Though that relief was short lived and replaced with his heart stuttering at the new but familiar voice.

Vince turned around to face his daughter, small in size but grown in every other aspect. He grinned at her face made of clown makeup and responded as he removed his pumpkin head. "As if I ever tell you about anyone I get into bed with," he snorted. Though Vince wasn't one to get into bed with anyone and not often. His last excursion still made his heart thump with a dull and uncomfortable ache. But that was more information he wouldn't divulge his daughter with.

Despite having head piece to his costume, Vince did not skimp on the makeup in the case he would go without it, having a gothic look like that of Tim Burton character, with smokey tired eyes and defined lines. Of course, his hair had been done, though it was down and not in its usual style. It was mildly uncomfortable but easy to forget when he was standing with Anais who hadn't seen in what felt like years.

"Besides I'd sooner castrate myself then end up in a bed with him." Vince was barely able to contain his snort. "That," he gestured to the blond with his head, "is Dionysus's pest problem. I'll deal with him properly sooner or later though."

Vincent dropped his pumpkin head into the table where his drink sat and pulled Anais into a tight embrace, squeezing his arms around her and pressing his cheeks into hers. There were rare moments where Vince's heart pounded with excitement and even rarer moments where it didn't force him to be aware of his surroundings. At that moment, all he cared about was holding the woman he called his child. "I've missed you. You have to tell me where you've been, what you've done, and what you've procured." He said laughingly, and reluctantly pulled back from their hug, tapping her playfully as he did. "Everything is boring when you're not around."

@peach 」​

• Love
  • Sweet
Reactions: peach and wren.
LOCKE
"A better personal assistant than an actress," Locke said with a light chuckle. There was nothing quite like knocking the rabble down a peg. Sandra was a pretender, and even her best work had been middling. "But I'd hate to see even my PA dressed like that." His gaze moved in the direction where Sandra had been before she vanished into the crowd of costumes, most of which were leagues better than hers. Locke looked back to his date right as they wrapped their arm around his once again. He smiled down at his short partner, and allowed them to easily lead him to their new destination in the VIP section. The blond gloated the entire way, delighted by the beautiful companion on his arm.

Upon arrival, Quim relinquished their hold and threw themself onto the sofa with surprising grace, or it would've been surprising if Locke didn't know them. He eyed the others present — nobody he'd ever heard of. Locke took his place of the couch beside Quim, his arm finding its way around Quim's exposed waist.

"Want a hit?" One of the others asked. Quim didn't hesitate. They leaned forward, taking a drag without using their hands in what was an incredibly enticing manner. A slick smirk was on his lips as he caught one of the other patrons looking at Quim lasciviously. Once Quim had pulled away, Locke made his own move. He leaned forward and retrieved the pen from the person's willing fingers. The tall blond drew in a long tasteful breath. It was not an unappealing flavour, tasting of rich fruit with floral notes. He exhaled the smoke into the club air, and passed the pen back to its presumed owner, who passed it on to someone else.

Locke's arm was back around Quim's waist, with his hand resting on their far thigh. His fingers stroked small lines against their skin. His attention lingered on the insignificant guests for only a second, as they took a moment to speak of previous parties Locke had not attended, before it was drawn back to the star at his side.

"So dear," he said to Quim, "do you think we can find anything stronger?" If Locke was going to get fucked up, he was going to do it all the way, and he was going to do it with his drug of choice — cocaine. His question, not whispered in the least, caught the attention of one of the women draped along the couch. She was a fine looking creature with dark and darker eyes, dressed in a velvet black dress and diamond heels. If it was a costume, it was not an obvious one.

"Hey, aren't you…" Her brow furrowed in thought as she looked between the two, eyes lingering on Quim longer. She took a hit from the pen. "Oh, don't tell me…"

Locke wouldn't be surprised if she knew who either of them were, as most respectable people did, but he also wondered if maybe she was just trying to score points. Locke certainly didn't recognize the woman.
Code by wren.

• Wicked
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Raina and Declan
"I wasn't expecting you to let me go in peace either"

Raina cackled. "Listen, listen, listen, the night life in any city is never one to miss. If you're only going to be here for a night or two we got some planning to do. We especially need to to find a night market. Nothing like some dumplings after a night of drinking."

"I still haven't forgiven you trying to drag me to a fish market at 2am. Who needs fish at 2am?" Declan grumbled as he handed a virgin vodka sunrise. It was mostly just fruit floating in fruit juice but it was something.

"And I will do it again!" She turned to August with a toothy grin. "Kyler and I went out for drinks this one night and originally we were going to get some chicken and waffles afterward. So here we are driving around... I forgot where we were but it was nowhere with chicken and waffles and as we're driving around Kyler spies a fish market. By then the uber driver - we had an uber by the way - gets fed up, drops us off at Declan's place because his was closest, and--"

"That's how I wound up with two drunk idiots banging on my door demanding to be taken to a fish market. I should have called the cops and went back to bed."

"Instead, he takes us to the fish market were Kyler finds a fresh tuna and Declan cooked it up for us for breakfast."

"I didn't do it out the kindness of my own heart. I did it to shut your annoying asses up," he huffed, a sounding a tad too amused than he meant to.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway; we can pregame here, explore the city a bit - maybe crash some parties, but we definitely need a market, and from there see where the AM finds us," Raina said, already taking out her to do some googling.

@Nemopedia- August

Last edited: