• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I'm back! Again!

So I've been invited to take the rival role and I'm thinking of someone that's antagonistic philosophically to An Ling's sense of justice. And possibly even a visual opposite, but I'll have to find a good fc. I'm thinking yandere vibes. Very gentle and polite but inside, they think the world is meaningless.

I'm back! Again!

So I've been invited to take the rival role and I'm thinking of someone that's antagonistic philosophically to An Ling's sense of justice. And possibly even a visual opposite, but I'll have to find a good fc. I'm thinking yandere vibes. Very gentle and polite but inside, they think the world is meaningless.

Nice.

So kinda opposed to Fuwa as well, since she's all about living your best life and appreciating what you have.

• OMG
Reactions: Banana
I'm back! Again!

hmm, sounds more like cynical/utsu/yanderu/menhera than yandere, based on that description. Out of curiosity, are you aiming for this rival to be a fellow vigilante, or rather a villain who frequently clashes with Hien at night, but maybe gets along fine with An Ling & Fuwa during the day as like a coworker or something? If the former, I'm very curious what would've led them to do hero work, but if the latter, I can easily see it as them doing bad just to blow off steam or something XD (which also kinda gives me vibes of a more recent anime called "Gushing Over Magical Girls" lol)

• According to Plan
Reactions: Banana
Well damn Magus, now I wanna do both! 😅🤔 Like, An Ling and Fuwa's coworker can be one antagonist and the one I'm already planning can be the latter...

I'm imagining this coworker as a bit older than the two, and if we make it so they don't know each other as heroes, this character of mine would be doing that work to make the world safer..........for cats

So to make sure I'm understanding right: you're gonna go ahead with a coworker character that doubles as a villain, and a vigilante character with a cynical outlook that fights for the safety of cats moreso than people, with societal benefits being more of an unintended side bonus, but which one is gonna be the rival for Hien & Fuwa? For clarity, when I talk about a rival, I'm thinking of someone in direct competition with Hien; someone who obsessively wants to prove that they're better than Hien specifically, or who has established some kind of history with Hien such that they'd almost be like old buddies if it werent for the fact that they're constantly at odds. To give some examples, I'm talking the Endeavor to my All Might (My Hero Academia) or the Kageyama to my Hinata (Haikyuu!!) if they're both heroes, or the Joker to my Batman, or the Slade to my Robin (Teen Titans) if it's a hero-villain rivalry. Basically, someone Hien is repeatedly in active competition with or who he repeatedly needs to foil, but neither side ever gets a total victory over the other, although they do get some partial or smaller victories interchangeably here and there.

EDIT: Shizuo & Izaya from Durarara are also a great comparison for what I was thinking of

Ohh, I'm thinking my Character A the "opposite" could be the rival, then Character B could be a villain maybe?

So if the "opposite" character, the one I believe is the cynical guy who fights for the safety of cats based on the convo so far (please correct me if I'm confused), is the rival, how do you picture their interactions with Hien, and the driving force of their competitiveness with each other?

Wait wait I'll shelve Cat Guy for now so I can cook them more, and go with Meaningless-Life guy

Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store is a go.

._. Okay, so is Meaningles-Life Guy the rival or the villain?

Sorryyyy
He'll be the rival!

Hi there!

I don't know if the role has already been taken, but if not, I'd be interested in playing the investigator/cop. ^^ I have a couple of ideas cooking if the role is still available, though I realize I'd probably have to play them alongside another character, since they likely will have limited interactions with the other characters. O-O

Reactions: Ariel
Your cop could be a regular at the convenience store. Kinda like donuts but he/she drops by for fried chicken or oden or something.

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
Severe weather and surprise IMPORTANT PROJECTS!!!! are keeping me away from home and tied up, but I'm still checking in.

Welcome, newcomers!

I could imagine my info broker might have an interesting relationship with the police. I imagine they work together sometimes, but my character worries about being seen hanging out with a cop damaging her brand. Tries to keep it professional. "They're just another client. Everybody is. People get whiny when you show bias. "😎

Or something.

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
Your cop could be a regular at the convenience store. Kinda like donuts but he/she drops by for fried chicken or oden or something.

Ooooh yeah, that could work very well! Especially if the convenience store is close to the police station 😁

Severe weather and surprise IMPORTANT PROJECTS!!!! are keeping me away from home and tied up, but I'm still checking in.

Welcome, newcomers!

I could imagine my info broker might have an interesting relationship with the police. I imagine they work together sometimes, but my character worries about being seen hanging out with a cop damaging her brand. Tries to keep it professional. "They're just another client. Everybody is. People get whiny when you show bias. "😎

Or something.

Honestly? Love this. If YC has a bunch of shady clients and maybe doesn't obtain her info through the most legal means imaginable, I would imagine that it would be in both of their interests to keep their affiliation on the DL. But yes, I could definitely see my character coming to yours if they've got a particularly difficult case to crack, and too many pieces are missing.

I still haven't decided whether I'd like to make my character male or female. On the one hand, I find middle aged male detective a little boring. Because it's so overdone. On the other, if we have an overwhelming amount of female characters I'd rather round things out a little. I do have ideas for both (which could potentially work as a duo?) if that would be permitted, but it depends a little on the overall setup of the RP and their specific role in the story.

Female Cop 1.jpg
Male cop 1.jpg

She'd be a bit older/more experienced, while I imagine him being more of a rookie/green. Definitely overly excited golden retriever vibes, whereas she's a little more serious and focused. XD

@Lore Magus What is the general age range you're imagining for most of the main characters? I imagine an experienced detective/cop would be a bit older, but if the rest of the cast is high school-aged, and if I go with the female cop, perhaps she could have a younger brother or sister around the same age as the rest of the cast. Just an idea though.

Last edited: