IC Turner City

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
hh
hh
ELODIE
It wasn't as though they weren't used to sharp teeth. Their mother had always gotten on her back about her bad habit of not watching her fangs, always nicking up her lips as a child. She had only slightly outgrown the habit, but it still followed her in her adult life, even after her teething phase had long left her. Between Elodie, Estelle and all the other vampir that frequented the shop, The Witching Flour saw more than a few sharp teeth every day. But still, going from complete, terrifying, mind-numbing silence, to one of the heartiest, sound-barrier-smashing laughs they'd ever heard, with gnashing teeth nearby to boot, well...

It was a hard adjustment to make. She worried her lower lip between her teeth, feeling her fangs threatening to descend once more as she was awkwardly shook about by a single hand dwarfing her entire shoulder. He was strong. They could feel just his mirthful blathering threatening to toss her body against the counter if they didn't brace for it.

Elodie's eyes met the merfolk's again as the hoodie was lowered, his approval bright on his face. They weren't even sure what he was saying at this point, something about rapids and rocks, but... It was sort of nice, being so enthusiastically praised like this. The shorter vampir took his hand, even though it disappeared quite easily within, shivering slightly. Cold and clammy.

"... Okay." she said softly but pointedly, "... You forgot to say your name."
@TerraBooma
code by wren.

Ok, so Daniel might have gotten ahead of himself. And by ahead of himself, he of course meant behind the plot. He had been so caught up in Elodie's burst of spirit that he had completely forgotten to share his own name. There was something really cute about the way that she pointed it out too- there was a little puff in her cheeks, was she even aware that she was doing it? Maybe he was just seeing things. Regardless, he thought that it was both a very funny thing having done it, and a little embarrassing.

"Woah-hoah-hoah! Shit. You're right. Totally right. That's entirely my bad there Elle." He waved a single hand, expressing his dearest apologies with a stoic nodding of his head. For a few moments, it looked like he would forget a whole second time to introduce himself before he opened his eyes and slapped his cheeks. "C'mon! Don't slip up eh boss?" It was directed at himself- something of a self depreciating joke. "My bad. Name's Danny. Well it's technically Daniel. Daniel Rivergash, but most folks just call me Danny if we're friends. Or whatever else they wanna call me really. Big D. D-Man. D-money. I've heard most of them. Though Danny seems to be the only one that really sticks regularly..." He scratched his chin, as if pondering why this could possibly be the only iteration of his nom du jour to take off. "The people who like me give me lots of other names too, but they're not as fun to say in polite company. Starts at thug and ends at no-good-fish-bait-bastard. Not as much a fan of that one if I'm being totally honest." He growled that out in an almost pouty way, but there was something about his frame that made it more imposing than a simple upturned lip.

"Anyway. I'd say put 'er there. But you already did put 'er there. So to be totally honest, I'm not sure what to do at this point. Believe it or not, you're actually the first person I've ever revealed my secret identity too. Swimming around some turbulant waters there, but you seem like a trustworthy type y'know?" He went to slam them in the shoulder with his fist, but for once in his life thought twice about it instead standing to his full height once more.

"Now, your food is delicious- seriously good. I'm definitely gunna come back for more eh? But my rib's still aching like someone ran an icebreaker into it, so I'm figuring I should probably get home before it gets so bad that I can't walk. Be bad if I end up getting jumped in the streets because I'm too dizzy from the pain to defend myself again." He sighed in reluctant memory before pulling out a beat to shit flip-phone. It looked like it was getting held together with duck-tape and dreams...and he was running out of dreams. "Can I grab your number? I wanna come by sometime you're working- you make great stuff, so I bet it'll be double tasty next time." He wasn't remotely phased about asking her for her phone number. He had not only revealed his secret identity to her but she had gone and fed him. As far as he was concerned? That made them fast friends- even if she was a vampire. Something about her...lacked a lot of bite that other fangs had spit in his direction. They were just nice to be around, and he liked watching them light up. Maybe that was worth coming back for besides the food?