【The Variable Project: Psyche】

Yvette Lecce

"If both our groups run into Droopy at the same time, it'd definitely be best if we both work together to take him out. It's a gamble, but he did say there was—"

"Alright, free planning is over." Professor Gaz's voice had sounded over an intercom. "From here on out, you plan on your own time. Oh, and just one more additional rule. To make things a little more interesting, no levitating, and no using your Psychokinesis on anything but your own variables. The formal stuff outta the way...uh...yeah. Begin. Or something."

As soon as the intercom went silent, a buzzer resounded throughout the map. They were on each other's time now. Every second wasted was a second given to the enemy now. Eevee wasn't expecting things to start so abruptly. Droopy definitely isn't one for flair... The raven haired Constant would've chuckled to herself if it weren't for the situation. Flying really cut their options, so any travelling would have to be done on foot. Climbing buildings to get a better vantage point would be too risky now. All it would take would be for Haruka to come smashing through a wall to send them all falling to their demise.

Gaz said he wouldn't attack unless provoked, but that could've very well been a ruse. It was the smarter option not to attack, lest he give his position up to Team Haruka or Team Prier respectively. "I think it's safe to say he's probably somewhere in the center of the map. That'd be the most fair placement, anyway... That being said..." Yvette traced her finger along the holographic map. "He's probably along the river's edge, opposite our side. Meaning the bridges will be dangerous to cross if he was lying about not attacking us first."

@R-9 Pilot @Kit-n-Kat

Oho, no flying? Gaz certainly liked to introduce new features out of the middle of nowhere.

"Anchovy, take my eyes," Haruka said, turning towards the shorter girl, "Trey, start with a shield. You two stick behind. I'll serve as scout and distraction. Without the ability to fly, no one can keep up with me."

With a moment's pause, Haruka began to run off, heading towards one of the buildings near the northern bridge.

"Assuming they're on the other side, they only have two lanes in which they can cross the river. We'll get into position first and figure out which path they take and figure it out from there. Sounds good?"
@Iwazuma @Crow

Anchovy swerves and makes eye contact with Haruka, allowing her to see what Haruka saw.

"There is 10 minute time limit, but this timer can reset when the action is performed again. We will stay here, form this sign with your hands right in front of your eyes when you want us to home in on your location," Anchovy says, making a handsign as she stands beside Trey.

@ERode @Iwazuma

No flying? Well, that made dodging those long ranges much more difficult, which was equally as obnoxious as the fact that he was a third wheel. Trey was going to complain about it, but Haruka had already decided on the plan of action, which of course meant he had no say in the matter. Trey huffed, putting both his hands on his variable, shaped in the form of his favorite bo staff. When told he ought to go shield, he nearly protested, then decided against it, allowing the variable to shift and mold into a small armguard.

"I really hope you know w-what you're doing." Trey stood his ground beside Anchovy as instructed, apparently acting as her guard for the time being. As Haruka left, Trey stood at the ready, even though he was certain the other group was on the far side of the makeshift city. "I wonder what their plan of attack is." It was an errant thought from the albino as he seemed to quietly enter the zone, his concentration rising as he slowed his breath. This was what he had prepared for. Now it was time to show it.