INVICTUS

Template credit to darkflames13
Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Seier (@Mars Walker) Kent (@Sanctus Albert (@SoulwroughtOfTerra), White (@Dao Ma)
Mentions: Mara (@rissa)

HSlSVw4.png

Atticus looked at White as she approached, asking if he partied too hard. He scoffed, waving such an accusation away as he nodded his head towards the table where Seier and Mara still sat.

"Nah, ah mean yah should see her, she's a mess. Nah I ain't partied too much, more like," He paused, turning to yell at Seier, "She tossed me through a fuckin' shaky portal! Ya Scottish shlub!" He then lowered his voice once again to speak properly to White.

"And that there portal thing is prolly why," He sniffed the back of his hand, coughing and gagging lightly, "I smell like some fuckin moldy ass cumin."

Before he could confirm that he very much so wanted to get out of the place and take at least ten showers to get the multicolored goop off of him, he caught movement coming towards him. In the first few seconds he assumed it was another worried patron, and was about to wave him off, but he soon realized the look in his eyes. It was not friendly. Adrenaline started to pump, and temporarily give him a slightly more sober feel again. As the hand went for his throat, he heaved his weight against Kent to get out of the way, less than gently smacking the hand away from him, before tipping back to his original stance, much like a Bobo doll.

"Ay ay ay, what in the fuck you think you doin there chief? You gotta lot a shit wichoo ya think you can just go round doin that kinna shit." Despite the adrenaline, he was once again starting to revert into completely feeling the effects of the alcohol. Still being mostly supported by his newfound homeboy, he turned to look at Kent, gesturing at Albert.

"Look at him Kent my bo', he really thinks who he is." He paused for a moment, a concentrated frown appearing on his face, feeling his guts rumble something fierce. The motion sickness from the portal was getting to him. He looked back to Albert, pointing a finger at him.

"Now if ya don' wanno puke on ya shoes, maybe ya go see where ya gotta go, ya Coney Island whitefish lookin fuck. Mkay? Mkay." He looked back to White, giving her an affirmative nod.

"I would love nuttin more than to get outta here, cuz I don' even wanna know what that portal did tah me, but ah feel like absolute shit and I need at leas'... Eight showers."

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Matsui Yuka
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ゆか ▬▬
Interactions: Gabe (@Dao Ma), Nike (@The Red Sage), Yun (@ShiroKiyoshi)
Mentions: White (@Dao Ma)

PXaqWlZ.png
Yuka sat, rubbing her head and elbow, trying to make sure she wasn't dazed before she decided to stand. Things were getting crazy. Before she could finish assessing her damage, a huge frog leaped next to her, splitting the table where she had stood just a few moments ago. She froze, looking up at it, saying the only thing that came across her mind.

"That's a frog."

Just as Yun hopped off and held her hand out to Yuka, asking if she could stand, she heard the shouts of Gabe from nearby. He finally ran over to her, and with him and Yun, she stood, grabbing the woman's hand.

"Yeah yeah, Gabe I'm fine, okay?" She said, straightening her skirt. "Thanks Yun." She added, taking her hand from her. As he mentioned that they should wrap it up, she nodded.

"Nike, I agree, you've had your fun, time to go." She called over to the woman, before turning her attention to her android. She wasn't sure if she could hear Yuka from where she sat, but she'd try her hardest to get her to follow orders. She cupped her hands around her mouth to get more volume.

"Tomomi! Come here!" She yelled across the room. For a moment, she thought it might not work, but the android came to life, moving robotically towards Yuka, stopping in front of her. A small flutter of excitement coursed though her, knowing her receptors worked even in a loud room and far away.

"We're going back to the lab. I need to get out of these shoes. Gabe, come by tonight, we had plans and I want to get it over with." She looked over to Nike again, shaking her head slightly at the ridiculousness of the situation unfolding around them. "And if you don't see me there, you know where my room is at this point, right?" She looked sadly at all the free food she would be passing up, but she wanted to get out of the drama.

"Okay, Tomomi, follow me." She ordered her robot. "Thank you again Yun, you should help White I think. I'll be fine." She started off, giving a small smile and wave to Gabe as she left. She felt like she might have a mild concussion, and she did feel slightly dazed, but nothing she couldn't deal with. If it got worse she'd go see someone, but until then she just wouldn't sleep. Like usual.

Back at her lab, she sat down too hard in her office chair, nearly rolling across the room with how hard she sat down. She kicked off her heels, tossing them into the nearest corner. She looked over to a nearby cabinet and drawer where she kept some spare clothes, and scooted over in her chair.

"Tomomi, take off current clothing and return to your normal outfit." She ordered while she dug through the drawer, finding a pastel turquoise sports bra and some black sweat pants. She stood, taking off her dress, and slipping on the much more comfortable outfit. Tomomi managed to undress, which was a feat in and of itself and Yuka was just happy she didn't ruin the dress, and return to her normal outfit which was much more sterile looking, but Yuka made sure it was still fashionable.

"Tomomi, connect to charging stand and sleep." She told her, rummaging through another drawer for a small flashlight. She took a compact mirror, shining the light in her eyes. Her pupils constricted normally, so she wasn't worried about having a concussion. If she got worse, she'd go see White or something. Until then, she was ready to sit her ass back down and continue working on that little project she was told to do by the powers that be. That tracker wasn't going to build itself.

Sable Mereworth
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⛥ ▬▬
Interactions: Vi (@Candi Cosmo)

Mentions: Drago (@Friend Maou), Leo (@Dao Ma)​

[Collab with Candi Cosmo]

It hit like a freight train, whatever it was. A dark force feeling like a solid wall that made Vi feel like doubling over and taking a nice, terror nap. She shuddered and grumbled, feeling suddenly queezy. This is what she would call heeby-jeebies. Her eyes shot around to see what from, only drawn to another person who entered. Not surprised considering what this place they all worked for was.

A muttered voice said something in a language she didn't quite understand. Or maybe a thick accent. It made her shake her head. "What?" Her eyes fell to Sable-- oh, he was talking. She must have overpassed it? Maybe. It didn't feel like it. "Uh... Mm. Yes. Maybe-- you know maybe I should just-- wait... you aren't close to my uncle are you? Don't tell him." Don't tell him what? She didn't even really know what this was yet.

With everything seemingly going to hell around them, Sable was, for the most part, only concentrating on Vi. She seemed out of it, dazed, and that made him worried. Was it a fever? He wasn't sure. He wanted to get Leo, tell him what was happening, though it seemed like he was busy. That, and Vi mentioned not telling him about… something. That she was sick? Probably.

"I won't, then, but you should lie down. Do you want me to help you to your room?" He still wasn't entirely sure what could have caused this, though he wouldn't be surprised if it was Drago's presence.

She was less and less concerned with the ebbing feeling, more with the new development of voices. Did she actually smoke too much? No... couldn't be. Maybe she was actually going crazy. That's believable. Her hand went to her head and she hummed a but under her breath.

"I should be okay.. Maybe.. Erh, yeah I'll go... You uh- you don't have to walk me. Really..."

Sable's brow furrowed a bit, and he gestured to the door of the auditorium. He wasn't about to let her, really anyone, just go off on their own when they were feeling ill. If anything would happen to her on her way, he definitely would feel terrible.

"I'd feel much better about it if I knew you were safe. At least let me walk you to the elevator, if you'd rather me not bring you the whole way." He told her, gently taking her arm in an attempt to stand her up.

"It's no bother. Honestly I was planning on leaving early, this isn't exactly my scene." He joked a bit, hoping to add at least a small amount of levity to the situation.

"This is the literal monster mash, I don't feel like it's anyone's actual scene." She gave him a caustic look, then shook her head. "Alright, but I'm telling myself you're using me as your escape route. And because of that-- rude. We just met and you're already using me."

As much as she was laying on her humor and sarcasm, that underlying uneasiness was still very much there. She was just lathering on some jokes to push it back. She's not about to spill about this to someone she just met. Regardless, she welcomed the help, if at least partly.

Sable did chuckle at her comment on him using her, continued to help her up and walked her out to the doors and down the hall to the elevator. The living quarters were pretty far from the auditorium, and he likely wouldn't be back to see the rest of the "festivities". Not that he really cared. He just had to be back to help clean, like he had volunteered to do already. That, and he hadn't been able to talk with Mara yet, meaning that the night may have been a total failure on his part.

After some directions, Sable finally found his way to Vi's room. So long as he knew she made it inside safely, he could at least rest easy.

"Well, please do get some rest, some water, anything really. Take it easy, and I'll be talking with you later. It was good to meet you Vi, and I look forward to working with you in the future." He gave her a final parting smile before turning back in order to return to the auditorium. If all went well, mostly everyone would have left by the time he returned.

White Foster

Despite Atticus being so drunk, his speech was rather... oh, well, nope. That accent was far too strong and some things got lost in translation. But at least White could understand the gist of it. What she did understand, was that this was indeed Seier's doing. Not entirely, she would assume, but at least a good portion. The report about the incidents happening at the mixer would be amusing at best.

White began to reach out to take Atticus's arm to help Kent guide him on over to the infirmary when a blur of a figure entered the scene. Taking an abrupt step back, White turned enough to see that now Albert was there, reaching out at Atticus, fully prepared to strangle the shit out of him. Now normally White wouldwould not condone this kind of violence. She wasn't sure how in the world the two were connected, and what Albert was hissing didn't quite make much sense to her. What in the world did Atticus do? She shook the thought from her head. What he did or didn't do right now didn't matter much. What did matter was that Albert had murderous intent right now.

"Oh don't you worry you Aryan Sociopath you'll get yours and I will surely live long enough to make sure you do~" seethed on in his unusually usual lyrical tone.

"Albert." She called out, not even bothering to raise her voice. Her tone was mild, but the aura that exuded from her was anything but. It was almost as if a chilling dark malice radiated from her, settling in every crevice within her range. "Your revenge on my patient can wait till another time, can it not?" She knew Albert's advances on Atticus wouldn't stop just because Atticus bobbled away. She expected more lunging, swiping, or grabbing at Atticus' shirt to lift the man into the air. Whatever may have occurred, White was not going to have it.

She walked closer, her focus now on Albert as she extended an arm. "Now Ianuaria if you would be so kind as to see to this man's healing. With a sledgehammer if possi--" Open palm quickly turned into a fist as she reeled back and gave a heavy jab to Albert's shoulder. "My good friend," She pulled her hand back and just as quickly sent her other fist flying into Albert's side. She then reached out, placing both hands on him to keep him steady as she leaned in toward his ear. "Let's have a chat later, hm~?" Without lingering too long, she slipped her hands off of the vampire and took a step toward Atticus. "Let's get you out of here before this becomes more of a mess, hm?"

As White placed her hands gingerly on Atticus, she looked over to Kent and noticed his uneasy disposition. Surely he would have been ready to spring into action if more had happened. "Come on, both of you~" she chimed and started to guide them out, but not before glancing over her shoulder, giving Albert one last gleaming look. This little incident would not be forgotten. She wanted the details. What sort of stories would this lead into? With a small pet to Atticus' head, he was lead out.

[fieldbox="Mara & Seier, black, dashed, 10"]
Seier stared at Mara for a good minute, swaying and struggling to understand how legs or anything else worked anymore. Not that she knew how things worked anyways.
If anyone else had spoken to Seier, she hadn't heard them, not was she in any state to even begin to respond. She took a few excruciatingly slow steps over to Mara and chuckled, as if something funny had happened.
Seier held her hands up and patted Mara's shoulders gently, "Oi..Oi...Murrah. I cannae- hic!" Seier paused for a second, making an odd scrunched up face, "I cannae 'memer whurr me focken roooom es! Ah jos' know tha' there's lotsa hallways n' shite. If ya can jus...show me a couch...Ah'll be good. Ah've slept en a lot ae weird-arse spaces, bu' a coouch soonds naice!" She looked up to Mara, as if waiting for a response, but really, she had mostly just lost her train of thought- as if she'd had much of one in the first place.

With a gentle touch Mara hooked one of her arms with Seier's and started forward slowly, mindful of the drunken step of the woman beside her. "Lean on me if you need to," Mara mumbled above the din of the mixer. She had drunk her fair share, but Mara had a solid grasp on her body and her surroundings. Truth be told, she couldn't wait to get out of the auditorium and away from the heavy presence within.

"Don't remember where your room is, huh." Mara said aloud, though it seemed as if she didn't expect an answer as she continued after a short pause. "You can bunk on one of my couches. Hopefully Olly doesn't wake you in the morning."

Seier leaned on Mara almost immediately after they linked arms. The world seemed to spin in multiple different directions, making Seier's stomach churn ominously. She was quiet again for a long moment as they made their way out of the mixer, focusing on not puking from the massive amount of alcohol she'd downed in such a short amount of time.

"Oi, y...ye smell le-leik magic, Mmmmurrah.." She stuttered and slurred her way through her words, not really knowing how she wanted to say 'thank you' to the woman for offering her couch, "An' hoo's Ollee??? Soonds leik Olive. Ah like olives, y'kow ,salty things aer mah life force. Prolly whay ahm soo salty boot errythin. 'Ave ah told ye ya smaell leik magic??" Seier inquired, moving to rest her cheek on Mara's arm tiredly.

Mara chuckled as she continued leading Seier down the winding and seemingly endless grounds of Facility 287.

"Like magic, huh?" Mara said with a soft smile, sparing a glance down at Seier. "Olly--Olivine--is my daughter," The expression she wore was a mixture of pride and softness and as she continued to lead Seier towards her living quarters, Mara rambled on.

"She's a little hellion, believe it or not. Up before the sun peeks over the horizon, she'll scream bloody fuggin' murder if she doesn't get her food served as promptly as she'd like, and don't get me started on bath time."Mara stopped herself with a chuckle and glanced down towards Seier before continuing. "She's always willing to help though… And her favorite thing to do as of late is lick all the frosting off of my baking utensils." Mara inhaled deeply before almost whispering. "She reminds me of Alessander so much…"

"Olly soonds pure fire. There's jus sumn boot lickin bakin tools tha jus hits the soul spot awn! Ah used tae do tha same wit me own maw!" Seier burped promptly after finishing her sentence, her legs wobbling as if from the force of it.

Seier's brain was still swimming and swirling with alcohol, and she looked up to Mara, her eyes blinking at different times, "Ye kaenda luk lik me maw, c'ept not rilly, she wer muggle as awl shite. Broon arse haer wit uuuuh...grey eyes lik myne. Bofa me parents wer tawl, it disny maek sense wai ahm shorter n' a dwarf wit benjamin button syndrome. Oi at least ah cn pack a feckin ponch, ye donny wonne git en no fite wif my angery arse, ahm like 50 tons a pist awff en a 10 poond baggy!" Seier ranted, her laughter echoing down the hallway.

"By tha feckin way, wur's yer feckin room? Amma boot tae feckin pass oot." She finished, hiccuping.

"It's just at the end of this hall," Mara said with a lazy flourish of her free hand. She was tired and that much was evident, but there was a primal grace in which the woman held herself. It took her a bit to reply, contemplating--deciphering--digesting everything she'd said. There was a pang in her chest, one that almost took her breath away.

A moment later Mara belched as well and nudged Seier softly with the arm she leaned against. "You'll always have a couch here to crash on," Mara said with a sly, tired smile. With her free hand she fished for her key and realized with an annoyed jolt that her phone was no longer on her person. After Seier was safely passed out on her couch she'd have to return to the auditorium and see if the volunteer staff had found it.

With a sigh she unlocked the door and led the way into her quarters. The space was efficiently used and felt homey, if a bit quaint. Warm lighting casted a yellow glow and an ambiance that seemed to welcome you in. Leading Seier into her living room, she nodded towards her two couches.

"Your choice."

Seier looked around, her glazed eyes giving the place a good look over, "Murrah….yer playce es leik a home. Awl coozey, leik a waerm hoog. Smells leik magic en 'ere too." Seier spoke, slowly leaving Mara's side and landing lazily on one of the couches. The soft surface made her groan in pleasure, since her tired, drunk body could finally relax. Mara's room was the first to make her feel safe enough to get some proper sleep.

"Murrah…Ahmma stae 'ere, es a nice pad ye got. Pure coosey. Ya wonnae e'en know ahm 'ere awright? Quiet as a mouse…" She muttered, closing her eyes.

Mara smiled, despite the annoyance she felt, and treaded quietly throughout her quarters to grab a few things before heading towards the auditorium once more. From her guest bath she removed the small trash can, from her storage closet a soft blanket, and from her fridge a bottle of water. Mara laid the blanket atop Seier, the trashcan within chucking distance from the couch, and the bottle of water not too far away.

"Sleep well," Mara whispered as she opened the door to leave.
[/fieldbox]

@rissa

INVICTUS Mixer Wrap-Up[/hr]

And the battle raged on. I mean party. It was clear once the music was down and the mosh pit focalized on Vigdis, Sorin, Daniel and Rostam that the party must come to an end. To clear out the space, Nike was allowed to give her final messages, and with prompting from Leo, had her give instructions for agents to file out.

Once the room was a little more clear, they were able to take on the other mess. Some agents stayed behind, helping separate the group. Vigdis was subdued enough to get her focus on Rostam to waver. That gave agents the opportunity to pull her away with as little carnage as possible. It was requested Rostam go with his mother to help clean up the rest of the mess, and Daniel was requested to escort Sorin to his room for the night. Though, maybe a second donut run was in order in attempt to smooth over any sour feelings remaining about the lost delicacies (yes, Vigdis would get donuts too).

Meanwhile, Leo would have had to explain a little bit more about what kind of people became agents in Invictus, and would show her to her temporary room. He would get the notification that her processing was almost finished, though through obligation, would go back to help the clean up crew.

Geoffrey would have been collected by Yun and her assistants, and hopefully by now, Albert had calmed enough to return to the probably now overly disgruntled Eliza. A moment could have been shared. Maybe an apology for how things went? Or just awkardness. Who knows.

Dragovich and Sibylla, being late arrivals would have most likely been absolutely confused by the entire thing. But at least it would give them a real good excuse to go back to each other's company. And similarly, Crowley would have been able to cart Venn off to be sure that he was okay from whatever had afflicted him.

Those that were left may have ended up staying. Either because they're just good people, or because they were obligated to, the auditorium was cleaned as much as it possibly could.

It probably took about an hour in total to dissolve the conflict, but it would take another hour or so to clean up the mess that had been left at the auditorium. Storm was fortunate enough to not have had to put out too much force in helping with Vigdis, and was able to come back to the auditorium in one piece. It would be there, though, that he would have his small side conversation with Nike about the speaker incident.

By the time Sable came back to the auditorium, most of the speakers were picked up. People were busy working, and it would be easy to join in on the mix. The work eventually slowed down, and as there became less and less to do, agents began to peel off to go back to their rooms.

Sable happened to be one of them, with a particular intent in mind...

Incoming Bonus Scene with Sable and Amaranth

PLACEHOLDER FOR THE BONUS SCENE

TIME SKIP - Arc One[/hr]

Two days have passed since the mixer, allowing the newest of agents to be processed and given a map, a tour, and a schedule for the beginning of their 6 month training. Otherwise, agents have had time to relax, interact with their assigned (those who do have assigned) partners, and/or get whatever they needed straightened out.

Being an agent means that you are always on call. Agents that had gotten a call for a mission would have received a special alert notifying them of their missions handler, the briefing location and the difficulty of the mission. All other information would be classified until the briefing.

Some agents have been requested to pose as backup for the agents on missions. Those that agreed to be backup must be somewhere near the location of the mission.

Yes, Yun. That means you get a mini vacation in England forests just in case they need you. And yes, Albert. You can hit up the local bar nearby the corporate building.

Mission handlers are to remain in contact with their respective groups. They are their communication back to Invictus, as well as responsible for transportation, getaway, and calling of backup or more resources.

• The time frame for each mission will begin roughly around the same time.
• However due to mission distance and traveling, mission actions may not occur within the same time frame.
• (example, both mission briefings are at 10:00am, however one mission is in Texas and the other is in England so the former mission may actually begin at 12:00pm while the latter mission may actually begin around 6:30pm due to travel time)
• Those not on a mission will begin within the 10:00am time frame as well.

Those who are not in missions may do the mini-events. Though some agents are "assigned" to them, they are not required to stay strictly in those events. Yes, events can bleed into one another. They're meant to be a little more on the silly side and fun. But also remember it is equally important because we are introducing an entire shipment of new characters. Try not to teleport from scene to scene. Remember there is a little bit of travel time between locations within the facility.

Those who are not assigned to a mini event may also join in if they please. And if you don't want to, then feel absolutely free to find something else for your characters to do! Sandbox mode has been activated.

So let's get the show on the road!

Reactions: Fallen Star
[imga]https://i.imgur.com/5fbDvcK.png[/imga]​

[bg=#bdb5c4]Mornings were just too quiet lately. Even with the TV on-- as it always was, it felt too quiet. It left too much room for rabbit hole upon rabbit hole of thoughts. Not a good thing for a man who was a tall, lanky ball of anxiety most of the time.

This morning felt worse than most, for some reason. It took more force to get out of bed, to shower, to trudge through the routine to get ready for the day. For reasons he couldn't explain, Zander had this foreboding feeling. It was paranoia, he was sure. He could just imagine Pierce grinning and telling him it was just his imagination. Exactly the thought he clung to in which to give him the motivation to move forward with the day. Besides, having something like a mission to focus on was always great for keeping those bad thoughts and worries away.

As Zander stood in front of the mirror, paint shifting over him to create different outfits over his body, hair stood on end at the back of his neck. Eyes moving from the paint weaving into a red and white sweater vest, he glanced into the reflection of the room cast from the mirror. No one was there. His brow furrowed, fully turning to look around. Nothing. No one. Maybe ghosts.

"Go away." Zander huffed to the nothing he felt watching him. "Or I'll get Venn over here to shoo you out." He absently continued as he finished dressing. These one way conversations were oddly soothing...

Part of his work was at home, fortunately. Looking over emails, making sure he had all the information he would need for the upcoming mission. Making calls to set up support, reading over dossiers, computer work, for the most part. After that was set, he was on the move to do equipment checks while simultaneously on a conference call. Zander took on as many projects as he could, it kept him busy.

Once he was sure everything was ready, he went to the conference room to wait for briefing time. It would be a while yet before agents were supposed to start showing, and Zander was once again left in silence. Absently, he looked over the dossier, and when he got bored of that, he pulled out his phone. Blank eyes scrolled through a random art forum, and after seeing someone's painting of a ghost, he was reminded about his apartment. Right, Venn. Since he had time, he found the angst kind's number and sent a quick text.

[ Hey, I think my quarters are haunted. Or I'm crazy. I don't know. Anyways, mind checking it out? It's scurry. ] He stared at his phone, knowing full well there would be no instant reply. Hell, Venn would probably see this a week from now, and Zander might be ghost fodder by then. Chewing his lip, he typed up another. [ There's one of my world famous fruit smoothies in it for you if you do. Pleeeease. ] Maybe two texts will get his attention better. Probably not.

After what felt like a good, mind numbing fifteen minutes, a notification alert snapped Zander out of it. His work email, he expected it it be a response to one of his requests. Not thinking anything of it, he opened it up and skimmed over it. A breath caught in his throat as he read the first few words. It wasn't a response, that was for sure.

'. . . after much investigation, the case to find Agent Sterling is in processed to be on hold as we . . .' yada yada '. . .attached are two forms, Relations Status and Housing. In the event that the case is closed, it is suggested that we update . . .' Zander sat up as he re-read the email, his chest getting tighter. They were giving up. It hasn't even been two whole months and they were already giving up. Did they have that much doubt? Then to make matters worse, they are suggesting he do the same.

"You send me this now of all times?" Zander muttered, voice cracking with emotion. Of course he was going to deny the suggestion-- he knew better than to give up. It still didn't make him feel better. His emotions were a mix of so many spectrums, but it seemed as though anger was outweighing the rest.

Focus on the mission, worry about this later. Zander mentally prepared himself, temporarily smothering his uneasiness. His usually positive mood and easy-going expression was completely gone, however. Replaced with the darker, taut expression of held back frustration.

This was not going to be pleasant for anyone near him today.
[/bg]​

Last edited by a moderator:
VJg2IJn.png

Scrolling through the information on the tablet, Leo's leg bounced allowing his mind to give total focus. Shoulder length hair draped around his face as he leaned forward, eyes too intense on the words he read over and over. Even his cigarette was left unattended to in the ash tray beside him. He had been there for a while, seeing as how far gone the cigarette was, and the several butts found already dead in the tray. The mission Leo had been requested to handle seemed to be a curious one. But no matter times he went over the information, he couldn't put two and two together.

Who was it that left Invictus this mysterious tip? And what made the organization so sure that they should follow it? Maybe it was the idea that they didn't want to leave any stone unturned when a potential threat arose, but something still felt off. There was something that he wasn't being told. Or maybe, he wasn't allowed to know. Biting his lip, he let out an dissatisfied breath through his nose. Before he knew it, the door was being opened and someone was entering.

Leo relaxed his position, leaned back in his chair, and then slowly stood. Seeing that his cigarette was barely enough, he simply reached over and snuffed it out. "Good mornin'." He called out, not looking up at his newly arrived audience yet. He reached over to turn on the table so that every personal screen in front of every seat lit up. From there, he assigned seats according to which agents he was allotted. Each screen would have an agent's codename assigning where they would sit at the long, oval table.

The assigned seats were split between the left side and the right side, corresponding with the two teams that would be heading into the mission. On the left side would be the infiltration group, consisting of Adam Kane, Atticus Quinn, Aerith and Sibylla Anatacia. The right side was the backup group, in case something didn't go quite according to plan. Dragivich Vollrath and Albert Fieraru were among them. From what Leo had heard about the incident at the mixer... having Atticus and Albert in the same room may not have been the best idea. He would have to play it by ear with those two.

Once the names were lit up and all that had to be done was a simple screen touch to initiate the information reel, Leo settled back down in his seat and leaned back. Time to just wait.​

Aerith & Veirkhar

Mixer parties. Get togethers that a younger, more innocent version of herself would've loved to be at. However, people change. Elves change. Nobody stays pure and innocent forever, even an Angel can have end up having the blackest of feathered wings. To her, she saw no point in getting involved with loud music, drinking, and actually trying to socialize with people. But, a certain familiar tried to tell her otherwise. Stating that it would slowly help build up a "Team Player" trait that she is so horribly lacking in order to become a Senior Agent. That did not get her to budge from her below freezing bedroom or even attempt to close the current book she was reading at the time.

Aerith and Veirkhar, two of the many newer transfers into the Texas Branch of INVICTUS from the Moscow Branch where they originally started and what ended their days as Bounty Hunters. She was aware of the supposed "Meet and Greet" that is meant for meeting partners and having a good time before all the serious shit happens. Aerith refused to go though and if she was going to get heat from the higher-ups for not being there, so be it. One of the many reasons she didn't force herself to partake in the event is because she didn't even know who her partner was going be. No message, email, or file to study. She believes they're finding it difficult to match her with someone that will have the mental capacity to put up with such a cold hearted elf and constantly remind her that working with others is not such a bad idea.

Even if she did get a partner, it would take a lot of time and effort for her to even trust them because of the elven's habit of wanting to be a solo act with Veirkhar as a familiar. It isn't to say Aerith would leave her partner to fend for themselves should situations grow dire. A small part of her previous life still resided in the depths of her subconscious mind, hiding in the shadows of the current elven necromancer. This meager part of Aerith's person is the reason she still does certain things like stick her neck out for people and at least try to keep them protected at all costs. Veirkhar also has a hand in making the necromancer rethink about abandoning people to save her own ass.

Bzzzzzzz!

A device sitting upon Aerith's desk sprung to life, shattering the peaceful silence of the elf's room for a moment as a message arrived to alert her of an upcoming mission. Narrowed emerald orbs steadily rise up from the text they were heavily focused on for the last few hours. Despite being underground, the sense of morning being here was trickling the elf's body. Did these last forty-eight hours really go by that fast? All she had done during that time frame was stay locked up in her room reading a small collection of books or exploring certain parts of the facility to familiarize herself with this new location. "Are you going to read that message sent to you or not?..."

A deep, calm, and ghastly voice broke the silence of the room even further as something or rather someone, came into Aerith's line of sight. A not so normal looking skeleton body took form, hovering in the air having just a torso, arms, head, and glowing violet eyes that had no pupils and no white background. Only that one color. This spectral body sported a boney six pack while the arms seemed like a single swing could knock the air out of someone real quick if they were not prepared. In addition, the being had one simple piece of clothing on. A dark purple and blue hooded cloak covered the back, left, and right sides of his body while the lower half of it was being held together by the extra bits that would've hung down to a person's legs.

Veirkhar, the necromantic entity that is apart of Aerith's being and the same one who helped her reach her goal of becoming a Necromancer. His question to the elf made her shut the book in hand and placed it down on the bed blanket. Emerald hues shift between the entity and the phone sitting on the desk across from her bed before she exhaled some breath from her lips. "I will since my mood for reading has seemingly darted off elsewhere." Her voice had very little enthusiasm even though this will be her first mission at this branch. It remained null and void of all emotion just like the rest of her.

Tearing herself away from the comfort of her bed, Aerith rose to her bare feet with her arms stretching upwards and bending her back a bit to relieve the body of its stiffness from sitting in one spot for so long. Putting one foot in front of the other the elven woman carried herself to the closet that held the only other outfit she wears, pushing the wooden doors open to reveal a big empty closet with a full body mirror on the wall behind where her outfit hangs. Both hands grab the bottom of her pitch black t-shirt that was a few sizes too big, lifting it up over her own head and letting it drop to the floor as this left her with just a black bra and her grey sweatpants.

One hand extended out to push aside her outfit for a moment so she could have a look at herself in the mirror. Aerith was hoping that her everlasting scars that tainted her upper body would be gone… Sadly, she's wrong. The same hand that shifted away the outfit came back to her as a single finger traced one of the two scars that lie on the surface of her, starting from just above her right breast all the way up to her left shoulder. There were clues hinting that it was a deep, werewolf slash just like the one below it and the other beneath her right eye. Her mind was quick to spiral into the memories she tried to keep locked away with the rest of her demons, reminding her of how these scars came to be.

The elf's head moved itself down slightly while her teeth sunk themselves into the flesh of her bottom lip, frustrated with herself for being such a fool. There was a very good reason as to why werewolves were banned from her home land and yet she ignored the rules anyway for love. She learned the hard way however and the cost of it was far too steep. The tracing finger stopped as Aerith managed to pull herself out of dark thoughts and strip her body of the sweatpants as well, kicking them into the closet. Now standing in only her bra and underwear, the necromancer grabbed hold of the first piece to her outfit and slipping it on with ease. This part was a rather small breastplate that has seen better days and did one job only, cover and protect the small jugs on her chest while leaving the upper and lower regions of her torso completely exposed to the elements, scars included. The armor piece also had faded brown cloth pieces hanging down both sides of her waist, stopping just past her hips. These served no purpose except adding to the outfits dark aesthetic.

Black leggings was wiggled into next clinging to her lower body which could potentially grab unwanted looks in her direction. The leggings were accompanied with all black combat boots that came up to her shins. A brown, leather belt which sported several small pouches around it, was clipped to her waist. This belt is mainly used for keeping small things on her person like her phone, wallet, a pack of gum, and whatever else she may want to have. Pulled onto her arms wear dark brown cloth sleeves paired with armguards adding more protection to the elf. The last piece for this outfit was her favorite black, hooded cloak which has shoulder pads that helped clip it on into place. The right shoulder pad is decorated with the skull of a Springbok, an animal she probably killed for food and kept the skull as a trophy. The rest of the cloak reaches down to her ankles, littered with holes of varying sizes, and the hood being lined with grey fur from another animal she slew.

The elven woman gave herself a once over in the mirror before squatting down to pick up her tossed t-shirt and sweatpants to fold up and place on her bed for now. Letting them be ready for when she returns. Meanwhile, Veirkhar had his back turned away that entire time Aerith was getting ready. Simply hovering in front of a wall and kind of just admiring the paint job. Yes, he was that bored. "I'm decent, Veirkhar." Were the only words that left her lips to let her familiar know she was clothed. "When will you expand on your clothing selection? I've seen you in the same two outfits for the last… What, four years now?" The entity questioned as the necromancer herself merely scoffed, saying nothing. Instead, she sauntered over to her desk to pick up the cellular device and briefly skimmed over the message, pulling her hood off her head since she wasn't going to be entirely outside just yet.

"Well fine. I'm just saying, perhaps a changeup in apparel would do you some good." Veirkhar folded in his arms in a pouting manner. How he has put up with such a woman for so long is beyond this old necromancer. "Shut up and let's go get our mission details. I believe that is more important than fashion advice from a thousand year old necromancer whose only piece of clothing is a cloak." Biting words came out as Aerith's response as she stuffed her phone away into one of her pouches, grabbed hers and Veirkhar's bow off the wall mount above her bed, and proceeded to leave the room with the familiar behind her who had stuck his rotted looking tongue out at her, making a raspberry noise. What a child…. "Sheesh. What crawled up your ass and died?"

The walk to designated room wasn't too long of a trip, though long enough to think over a few things. What was this mission going to be? Who else is going along? Are they leaving the state or staying? Many questions piled up in the elf's ever busy mind with every few steps taken. Soon enough though, the necromancer and her entity buddy found themselves entering the room taking notice of the man already there. Both of them studied the room for a moment as they roamed around, inspecting every little detail of it. There were assigned seats on the left and right sides of the oval table but Aerith had no idea who these people were. Mainly because the names were going by codenames it seems as the elf noticed hers; Reaper.

Putting her bow in its proper place on her back having the cloak covering it up, Aerith took her place at the table while Veirkhar hovered behind his host's seat. The necromancer folded up her arms under her small breastplate, leaned back in the chair, and waited for the other agents to make their appearances. Seeing as the elf wasn't going to give a greeting, the entity would do it for them. "Morning."

• Love
Reactions: GuanYue
Alexander Ray was going to be in trouble. He knew that this was a fact and chose not to do anything about it. Yes, he did receive the email that there was going to be an mixer for the agents, new and veteran. Yes, he was informed that refreshments were going to be provided. Yes, he did receive a follow up email sent to himself personally stating that this mixer was mandatory for him since he had apparently gone the extra mile to avoid having to meet or introduce himself to the other members of this branch of Invictus since his arrival.

In truth, Alex thought to himself as he navigated his way through the halls of the complex, he hadn't purposefully been trying to avoid the other members though meeting them were not his priority either. It was just that with his transfer and certain business he had to take care of with his own kind, Alex found very little time to actually sit down and mingle with his fellow agents. Hydras, afterall, were isolationist and a very secretive kind, and whenever Alex did any diplomatic work for them, Invictus was only informed on a need-to-know basis. As a result, very few people at the Texas branch knew Alex and vice versa. Now, as he was about to be deployed on his first mission, he hoped to change that.

Passing a restroom, Alex decided to duck inside for some last minute grooming. He first tried to get some of his messy hair out of his face but gave up after a while, compromising with his hair to allow it to cover up only half of his face. He made a reminder for himself to find some hair clips later. Looking himself over, Alex's current attire was composed of a pure white jacket, a red t-shirt, ripped jeans, and sneakers. In terms of size, he landed on the smaller side of the scale for even though his height was average, his muscles made him more lean than muscular. All in all, Alex looked remarkably like a normal pale human considering he was a shape shifting, multi headed, giant lizard.

Content with his appearance, not including his hair which he continued to push aside as he exited the restroom, Alex continued on his way to the meeting room to meet his teammates for his next mission. He wondered what they were like. Were they humans? Perhaps they were shapeshifting creatures like him. He had met an undead agent before in the NY branch, did the Texas branch have one of their own?

He stopped in his tracks again when he reached the closed doors of the conference room, trying to clear his head of questions and anxiousness before entering. Taking a deep breath, Alex slowly pushed the door open and peeked through the crack. There was already a man in the room. Good, Alex might not be the first to arrive but at least he wouldn't be the last.

After ensuring that he had not missed anybody else in the room, Alex straightened up and pushed open the door and entered the room with a bit more confidence. He gave the other man a toothy grin and opened his mouth for a cheerful greeting before seeing the man's face. Almost immediately Alex's mouth shut closed and his grin disappeared, replaced with pursed lips. The blond haired man was in no way threatening in appearance on his own but something about his expression told Alex that he was in no mood for fun right now. Instead, Alex gave the man a quick nod of acknowledgement before silently moving to the opposite side of the room. He leaned against the wall as both men waited for the rest of the team to arrive.

Otto Kraus

Otto's time at the mixer was an uneventful one, as he mostly spent his time either talking to random agents or help getting refreshments for people.

He was tempted to join in the drink off that had occurred, but stopped himself as he not only lacked the body needed to consume alcohol. Which in turn caused his mood to slightly sour, or was sour until a group of people rode in on what appeared to be speakers. At that point, he mood jumped back into its normal happy-go-lucky state.

From the looks of it, the culprits were Gabe, Nike and Yuka?

That was surprising. Though Otto could only be happy that the Frauline had been expanding her horizons.

After that, it seemed the Mixer was ending with the sabotage of the speakers, a brief fight over donuts and whatever else occurred. Otto stuck around to help clean up the messes left by the various agents before retiring to his room for the next few days. He wasn't assigned to any missions unfortunately.

So he spent most of his time either reading books while classical German music was playing or watching his shows on the TV device, this time avoiding the horror section. Having learned his lesson with that damned Clown movie from a few weeks ago. The mere thought caused him to shudder despite the lack of flesh to shiver. Though the shows quickly got boring, which forced Otto to resort to using his phone. Which took a few minutes for him to open up contacts, after brief 'detours' to various other apps. He sent out texts to the contacts he had for ideas on what to watch. Some of the results were either things he had already seen or he had a lack of interest in. That is until one contact suggested to him something called an "anime."

An odd name for something, though it was described as a cartoon. Otto became moderately interested. He was directed to one about a Pirate Captain and his misfit crew looking for a big source of treasure while being chased by other pirates and the Military. Needless to say, this immediately took up some of Otto's time. As not only was the show interesting, Otto absolutely loved the energy that the characters had in their own respective ways.

Eventually though, Otto had to pull himself away to avoid sitting in his room for too long. A couple of days was enough.

Getting up, he left his room to just wander. Unless something had changed, he had no missions to go to, he wasn't listed for assistance in training new agents. And he had little to no plans in terms of doing anything.

So he just walked around. Whistling one of the songs that his comrades and himself had sung during The Great War....

xx8ckfg-png.161769

Adam Kane aka Akira
Location - room, Gym, shower, room, conference room.
Interacting with - @Dao Ma
Mentions - @Fallen Star

Adam woke up early this morning. He rolled out of bed and stood up stretching his arms and back. He yawned which sounded like the growl of a monster. He looked around his room and found some shorts, a t-shirt, socks and some running shoes. He got dressed, grabbed his phone and exited his room headed to the gym. Adam walked down the long corridors until he reached the gym. He opened to door and the bright lights of the gym almost blinded the werewolf. He groaned and walked in, he grabbed a towel and jumped on a treadmill.

After an hour of running Adam jumped off the treadmill and hit the weights. He grabbed 120 pound barbells and started doing bicep curls. He always wondered if it wasn't for his increased strength what his normal body would be able to curl? He shook off his weird thoughts and continued. Adam made his way around the gym lifting impressive amounts of weight and repetitions. As he was finishing up an alarm sounded on his phone. Adam knew it was time to get ready, he had a mission briefing to get to.

Adam headed to the locker room. He stripped and hopped into the shower. He got cleaned up and hopped out, as he towelled off he remembered he forgot a change of clothes. "Damn it, I did it again." Adam finished drying off, since he didn't want to smell like wet dog. He transformed into a wolf and walked to the door scratching at the door knob until it opened. He walked down the corridor to his room, He scratched at the handle and made it into his room. He transformed back and smelt his arm just to make sure he didn't smell like wet dog or wolf.

He got dressed in his black dress pants, white dress shirt, dress socks, dress shoes and his holster which held a gun, collapsible baton, and clips of ammo. He put on his tie, tied it then put on his jacket. He walked over to the mirror and fixed his hair. Tucked into the corner of the mirror was a small picture of his parents holding hands with a young Adam. Adam looked at the picture and sighed, he picked up the picture looked at it and put it back. "Ok, I'm off." He said as he left his room.

Adam stuffed his hands into his coat pocket and started walking to the briefing room. On the way he started thinking of how he became the human werewolf hybrid he's become. It was thanks to his parents research that he can control his transformation. It was thanks to that incident that he even came to invictus. Lost in thought Adam didn't realize he was standing in front of the briefing room. He took in a breath and smelt stale cigarette smoke. He opened the door and greeted Leo. "Leo, nice to see you." He saw two others, Aerith and her ghost like companion. He nodded to the two and took a seat at his designated area. He looked over to Aerith's Spector companion, it really was off putting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taqqiq Selene Amaruq
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❆ ▬▬
Interactions: None
Mentions: Leo (@Dao Ma)

Even the morning after her rescue, Selene was exhausted. Yet today she was feeling quite well. It was half-past seven when she had woken up. She took another half hour to get out of her warm, and surprisingly comfortable, bed. When she finally did get up, she sat on the edge of her bed for another few minutes, still in awe that she had her own room. Her superiors told her it might not be permanent, but even still, she had an actual room. And it wasn't a prison cell.

Her gaze moved to the closet directly across from her and the clothes inside. She was given some money to get necessities, like clothing, toiletries, shower products. She even bought a few snacks. It felt weird buying stuff using money that she hadn't earned in some way or another. She didn't even use much at first, fearing she'd get in trouble if she spent too much. When she realized they wouldn't give her money if they didn't want her to spend it, she began to buy more things. The place was surprising her more and more.

The most surprising thing was learning there was an entire freaking town in this place. They had shops, restaurants, and all sorts of other things. She was not expecting it at all, and when Leo had told her about it, she hardly believed him. She thought there were a few simple shops for the agents to restock some stuff, but nothing like this.

With the thought of Leo passing through her head, she looked at her phone. She had been given one to keep in contact with people throughout the facility. It was another surprising gift. Leo gave her his number in case she needed anything. Picking up her phone she stared at the default lock screen for a moment, hesitating. She opened it, looking at her empty contacts. Well, empty except for one. Her thumb hovered over his name for a moment, she debated whether to text him. Should she say good morning or something? Would that be weird? Yeah that would be weird. That was a dumb idea. She locked the phone again, tossing it on her pillow as she stood up, moving to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Washing up felt nice. As did changing into clothes she could call her own. She felt as if her first outfit to show her fellow new recruits had to be special. Something that announced who she was, but was still pretty comfortable. She felt like she would be making her first good impression today with training. Meaning she needed clothes that were easy to move around in. Granted, she doubted she would be in her human skin for much of it, but it never hurt to be prepared.

Finally, Selene chose the more important thought of comfort and versatility. She could announce her fashion tastes another day. She chose something light and simple. A black camisole with a black and olive green plaid flannel over that. Stretchy black leggings would be good for bottoms, as they moved well with her. She slipped on her trusty burgundy chucks for shoes. They had never let her down. Putting her long black hair into a messy bun was the last thing she did to prepare. She did so to keep it out of her face so anyone wouldn't be able to grab it. The explanation to her was that the training had no fighting, but she didn't trust any of the others too well. If worse came to worse, she wasn't dying because her hair was too easy to grab.

Finally, she felt as if the was ready to face her new home and its denizens. She still hadn't introduced herself to anyone other than Leo. She had seen people at that party a couple days ago, but didn't interact with anyone other than him. Everyone else past this point was a stranger. She had to learn who to trust and who to stay away from. She'd need to stay on her guard.

With a heavy sigh, she opened the door to her room. She looked down both sides of the hall, giving her left breast a quick patdown. She had to make sure she had her room keycard tucked away. She didn't exactly have pockets, so the boob was the next best place to store her key and her phone. Her phone. Phone.

"Forgot my phone." She muttered to herself, turning back inside and snatching it from her pillow. She shoved it into the left side of her bra along with the card. Her left was getting a little heavy. Anything else would have to go with the other girl. Now armed with her keycard and her phone, she once again walked outside. She closed the door behind her, turning to make sure the lock had actually caught. Taking a moment to orient herself, she started to walk as confident as she could towards the elevator. Before training, she wanted to get some food. She had been to the cafeteria the days before, so could get there pretty well. She was told she could go to any place that was very public, including the cafeteria. To get to the training room, though, someone had to escort her. She assumed someone would come to get her at her room. That meant she had to be quick getting food to not cause inconveniences to the person escorting her. She secretly sort of wished it was Leo, but she knew she also had to meet others.

At the cafeteria, breakfast food assaulted her nose. Taking in a big whiff, she proceeded to get a big plate of said food. It was 80% bacon and ham, her favorites, but she also scooped some scrambled eggs and fruit salad on her plate. For at least some variance. The last thing she grabbed was a coffee with an extra dose of caramel creamer. Sitting down to eat, she took a quick glance at her phone clock. She had to get to training pretty soon. Putting her phone back into her boob pocket, she began to practically inhale her food.

Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Leo (@Dao Ma), Adam (@Kurogane86), Aerith and Veikhar (@Fallen Star)
Mentions: Seier (@Mars Walker), White (@Dao Ma), Kent (@Sanctus)

HSlSVw4.png

The fact that Atticus wasn't dead the next morning was a miracle in and of itself. He remembered mostly the important parts of the mixer, such as being thrown through a portal, wrecking some speakers, and getting threatened by a vampire for no apparent reason. He was rescued by Kent and White, and ended up waking up in the infirmary. Still not dead. Still smelling like cumin.

Today was his mission. He was emailed some details as well as where to go for briefing. He had woken up early, as usual, did some warm ups in his room before going to the gym. His routine consisted of a lot of cardio, some lifting, and training his magnetism using dumbbells of varying weight. Returning to his room to shower, he couldn't help but notice some strange spots on his skin. It was itchy and yellowed slightly. The skin was rather springy to the touch, and each spot smelled worse of cumin. It was mostly centered around his arms. He'd go ask White about it when he was done with the mission.

Showering and changing into good clothes for the mission, Atticus grabbed his phone and keycard to his room to shove in his pockets. He wore a simple navy blue shirt and blue jeans along with combat boots. Leaving his room, he made his way to the elevator, and eventually towards the cafeteria for some food before leaving.

After getting a small bite to eat, Atticus made his way to the conference room where he would be briefed on what they were to be doing. What he had gotten from the small amount talked about in the email, it sounded like he could pretty easily make use of his gun skills and corporate knowledge.

Finding the conference room was easy enough. He could smell smoke from outside, which likely meant one thing. He opened the door, seeing three people sitting at the table. Leo, the handler and source of the smoke. Adam, who he had encountered in training and had been stabbed by Seier. And one who Atticus wasn't totally sure on. He felt like he had seen her around before, but never really met properly. The ghost-like figure made him think she had something to do with magic involving death.

"Morning." He greeted everyone, taking a seat. He nodded to Adam. "So, how's the leg?" He asked Adam, knowing full well it had probably healed by now. From what he recalled the guy had a much better healing factor than others. Still, Atticus felt like it was his job to poke fun.

He looked over at Aerith and Veirkhar, giving them both a polite nod. Apparently even after a few years, he hadn't completely met everyone. He got a moderately unsettling vibe from the two, but mostly ignored it. A lot of things in this place were unsettling. He had been a normal human with no real knowledge of the supernatural world until he was taken in, so unsettled was a common feeling he could ignore.

"I'm Atticus, by the way. Pleasure to work with you." He greeted the woman and her ghost, his tone switching from slight condescension from Adam to a brisk politeness with them, his voice tight and almost militaristic.

1e5Nwvh.png
After being escorted back to her room by-- what was his name... she couldn't remember-- Crimson Daddy, Vi was left alone to calm her jumbled nerves. The Remnants of someone with such a powerful spirit shook her to her core enough that she was sure she'd have either collapsed or gotten sick if she lingered much longer. Something she'd need to get a hold of if she wanted to survive here. That wasn't the first, and wouldn't be the last time she'd run into such a spoopy feeling working for this place. Fortunately, it wasn't hard to fix. Some herb, some meditation, and some crafting got her back on track. Eventually she was able to sleep- however unrestful it may have been.

Her morning started with a jolt. Almost as if someone had snapped their fingers over her head to wake her, she was up and looking around. Brow furrowed, her eyes looked over at the clock on her night stand. Earlier than her normal natural wake up time. Oddly enough, it was on the hour as if she had an alarm. With a grumble, she'd plopped back and covered her face with her arms. She could go back to sleep- she had nothing too important to get to today.

Rise, girl.

Her eyes shot open as the scratchy, echoing voice registered in her mind. She stared blankly at the ceiling as she mulled over what had just happened. She knew for sure no one was in here with her, it was just her and her thoughts. Her brow furrowed and she sat up. Somewhere in the pit of her stomach, she knew what it was. It just wasn't something she was about to admit to herself yet.

Get up. Move on. Start your day.

And that she did, just as she did every day. Wake and bake.

After forcing herself past that moment, everything went pretty normal. Morning smoke, morning snack, morning stretch and meditating. No more voices, no more bad juju to cope with. Fortunately with her free time, she was able to get some personal stuff done. She'd made her pen pal wait long enough, and Vi felt terrible. She'd last sent out a letter before the transfer, and was more than overdue. Fortunately, that meant she had a lot to write about- however vague it may have to be due to being part of some crazy secret agency of sorts.

She got so lost in writing, an hour or so later she was closing the letter. Ten pages, hopefully this would make up for her lack of communication. Feeling accomplished, she dressed and gathered the letter to get it sent out. Meaning she had a reason to leave the safety of her bedroom. And for pure amusement, she enthralled a doll to sit on her shoulder and hold the letter. Why? Because she wants to, that's why.

On her way, she was hit with yet another odd feeling. This one not as strong as last night, but definitely off putting. Curiosity driving her, she followed the direction her hair stood on her arm. This led her to what sounded like--- No. Hitler wouldn't be at Invictus. . . Would he? Vi would not put it past them to find out Hitler was some kind of supernatural being.

"Shut up Vi."
Unnatural.
"You shut up too."

She immediately snapped back, trying to cull the vague feeling of fear ebbing into her gut. As if to fight it, she marched up to the man and confronted him.

"That is a lovely tune. What's it from?" She blurted out with confidence while making her way to be in view of the man. This close, the twisting in her gut got stronger. He really wasn't something natural. "I'm Vi, by the way. This is Broccoli." Her thumb jabbed in direction of the doll on her shoulder holding the envelope.

Daniel Collins

After the Mixer had finally wrapped up, and the altercation had been dealt with. Daniel was requested to escort Sorin to his room, which was done with a bit of minor chatting between the two. Nothing extravagant. Infact most of the topics were what people would talk about in times of mild awkwardness. Like the quality of the food at the cafeteria, music or something on the television.

After that had been done, Daniel began the long trek back to his own room. Taking care to keep an eye out for anyone following him, or anyone in the halls closest to his room. The reason for this was the simple fact he didn't want anyone that didn't really need to know where his room was. There were obviously people that knew of the location of it. Sable, Albert and Melicent came to mind. There were a few others, though their names didn't immediately come to mind though. Daniel would have to inquire about that.

But there was one individual whom had managed to find his room, by tailing him without knowing that he was being tailed. Her name was Saku, if Daniel remembered correctly. Thankfully the task had been done out of curiosity's sake and not with ulterior motives. Daniel did keep an eye open at night just in case.

After double checking that the coast was clear, Daniel entered his room and closed the door behind him. Making sure to lock it to prevent anyone from popping in uninvited.

Daniel's room was modest to say the least. A television on the wall incase he was bored, a closet for his masks and uniforms, a wardrobe for his more casual clothes. A simple bed and desk that had a laptop for both mission related things or personal stuff. On the walls, there were a few posters that Daniel kept from the times of his early days in Invictus. A united kingdom poster, a Daft Punk poster as well as a Gorillaz poster. While the bands' members were long gone, their music was nice to listen to on occasion.

Deciding to switch into more casual clothing for bed, Daniel began the task of taking off his uniform and putting on a simple black long sleeved shirt and plain grey pajama pants. He had also taken off his mask, as the ballistic mask was less than ideal to wear to bed. Taking a look in the mirror, he couldn't help but be off put by the young face that gazed back him. It wasn't because the young face, but by the scars that littered his face. Some of the scars' origins, he couldn't remember. But there were ones that he would remember for a long time. The ones he gained on missions. As evident by the four faded scars of claw marks around his jaw. He remembered that mission. It was one of his first ones. He had been foolish and let a lycanthrope get too close. And the beast had torn his jaw clean off in one go.

Not wanting to look at the other scars and be reminded of their origins, Daniel decided to head to bed. Where he slept a dreamless sleep.

The next two days passed without incident for Daniel. He spent his time either training, listening to music in the confines of his room, or checking up on certain agents that he'd go as far calling them "liked acquaintances."

When it came time for Missions, and his name was pulled. He suited up in his uniform and ballistic mask and made his way down the halls to the conference room where the other agents that were going on this mission were. Walking in, he couldn't help but notice Zander, the mission handler had a sour look on his face. He would go up and ask Zander if everything was alright, but the matter of the mission came first. He would have to ask when the mission was over.

So he took a seat and waited for the details of the mission to come forth.

Teiresias Demetriou
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☼ ▬▬
Interactions: None
Mentions: Ortega Brothers (@SoulwroughtOfTerra), Almira (@The Red Sage)

760382d0b404f39cac83d60c2ce82937.png

With the soft sound of his phone alarm chiming in the new day, Teiresias yawned and rolled over in his hammock. As he stirred, so did the dozen snakes on his head, all silently rising, tongues flicking as they surveyed their domain. While they may have been a part of Teir's body, they did all seem to have a mind of their own as well.

Teir stretched his arms above his head, his long tail dropping from the hammock to the floor. He sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, before climbing off the hammock and lowering himself to the ground. He turned off his alarm, but left the phone there as he cozied himself in front of his vanity mirror.

"Kaliméra ta morá mou~" He greeted the snakes who rested upon his head. They became very excited when he spoke directly to them. He caressed some of them before going about his daily routine of caring for them. While regular snakes did not need any sort of skin nourishment unless shedding, his snakes loved a small amount of coconut oil rubbed on them. He could feel their happiness when he did so. Taking some in his hands, he applied it to each one, relishing in their pleasure and happiness. He would do it to his own tail, but he didn't like the oily trail he would leave. He was no slug.

Teir instead moved on to applying a small amount of makeup to his face. He never bothered to put anything around his eyes, but he enjoyed lip gloss and some powder for his face. After applying both, he moved to find clothing for the day. He was put in charge of greeting some new transfers so he wanted to look extra special. First, however, he would grab some breakfast. He had some lovely fruits that he still had to finish, so he cut those up for his meal. Once finished, he moved on to dressing himself. While he could go about "naked" and would show nothing inappropriate, he found that many people preferred him to wear at least something over his torso.

He chose a white translucent shawl that had clear teardrop gems sewn onto the ends of it, as well as a large, gold bib necklace, with some simple golden hoop earrings. On his wrists were many thin, golden bracelets.

Looking at himself in his mirror, he nodded in approval of himself, before going to pick out arguably the most important and practical things about his outfit; the blindfold. The one for today was a soft white silk which clasped at the back of his head. Underneath his eyes were small strands of crystal beading which hung delicately on his cheeks. It was more simple than many of his pieces. It was also one of his blindfolds in which he could actually see through it somewhat, but others were still protected from his gaze.

"How am I, morá?" He asked his snakes, gauging their excitement as very good. "Okay morá, time to go make friends!"

Teir left his room with a bounce in his slither, excited to show the new people around. He had stayed away from the last party as he didn't do well with large crowds. His size and lack of clear sight made his movement through crowds hazardous, for his own health and those around him. Instead, that night he dined on his own, sipping on Masseto Toscana and nibbling on beluga sturgeon caviar on toast. He sometimes wished he would be able to go to such parties, or at least have someone to come to his room and keep him company, but until then he occupied himself with American television.

Entering the elevator, Teir was thankful it was empty. His tail took up a lot of room, so sometimes it got crowded. Pressing the button that would take him to the landing bay, he coiled his tail as tightly as he could in case others got on. It seemed his journey was to be uninterrupted, however, as he made it to the landing bay unhindered.

As he exited, he now had to wait for his trio of transfers to enter the facility. He could only hope his appearance wouldn't scare them off. He was incredibly excited, as this was the first time he had ever been asked to show transfers around the place. He felt as if he was finally starting to feel like a part of Invictus, instead of just being that one rich boy who came to study.

Otto Kraus

As Otto hummed the song, he couldn't help but hear the footsteps of someone rapidly approaching. For a second, Otto pondered as to why someone would be walking at that speed. Could be possible that they had a meeting and they were running late, or was suffering from nature's call. He could personally understand that, despite lacking the parts needed for such a task.

That was until the individual made themselves known by them stepping infront of him.

He vaguely recognized the person as the young lady that had walked into the mixer and called out for Sable by a new moniker. "Crimson Daddy." Which was strange to Otto mainly because of the fact that Sable and this young lady didn't seem like blood relatives.

But back to the matter at hand. "Hallo, Frau Vi. Und to you, Broccoli." He bowed his head. "I am Otto Kraus, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Otto's attention soon found itself on the doll perched on the shoulder of the lady. Stranger still was that it was holding an envelope. Deciding to not let that distract him, out of fear that he'd appear disrespectful to be ignoring the girl.

"I do apologize, zat doll on your shoulder is interesting. But anyvays. Vas something ze matter?" He couldn't help but notice that the girl had on a look of confidence, but looked like something was wrong. Maybe she needed to use the bathroom, but didn't know where to go.

ROLAND L E E CROWLEY
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
mister crowley

Mister Crowley had learned a painful lesson after the shenanigans of the mandatory office party. Venn didn't find it charming that the magician attempted to woo him through the art of dancing (despite the fact that he and Fuzzy swooped in to save the day!). Rather than ending the night as he imagined, the agent was given a harsh punishment: banishment… to the couch. Throughout the night, he tossed and turned, imagining the ways he would dispose of this uncomfortable couch.

Teleporting the couch into a volcano. Conjuring a large fireball to explode the monstrosity. … giving away the damned thing to one of the new recruits of Invictus! Then, dreams fluttered about the perfect couch. Leather cushions; plush backing; pulls out into a recliner despite being an oversized loveseat. Maybe, squeezing in a combo loveseat/chaise in here?! The first chance he gets to step off base, he'll find the first example of civilization and make that purchase…!

His phone alarm wasn't the first thing that woke him up but the smell of frying meat. Grumbling, Mister Crowley attempted to sit up on the couch. He was met with a hard pop and discomfort, causing him to lean forward. Damn this couch to Hell! Salt and pepper hair stuck up strangely as he rubbed whatever sand he managed to get in his eyes. Then, he eyed the silhouette in the miniature kitchen. A grin spread across his scruffy mug as he rose from the couch slowly, another pop and muttering curse escaping him. Making his way over, Mister Crowley slipped behind and wrapped his arms around Venn's waist. "Gud mornin', Luv," he kissed the back of Venn's head, "It smells delicious."

A quick bop to the head and a temporary ban from the kitchen later, Mister Crowley got ready for another long day (or weeks) with his next upcoming mission. Dealing with the farm was a cakewalk (along with waiting to be lectured about his late report). This… well, he'll find out soon enough. Today, he decided to wear something basic: white t-shirt, grey cardigan sweater (sleeves rolled up), and slim jeans. On his left, he sported a watch that seemed a bit too old for wear. Forced to wear loafers (without socks damnit!), Mister Crowley finally appeared as he noticed a plate on the small kitchenette. The omelette called out to him along with his first mug of tea.

Goddamn, he missed this back in England.
location ● dorm room ▏ status ● do I really have to go to work? ▏ theme ● X