2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

[fieldbox="A New World., red, solid"]

Users: @Ramboing @SoleStride @Kurogane86 @Dakota K5

GM POST (Cal)

Cal felt the cackling of energy on his skin, the strange pulse in the air, and he saw his enemies before him, or rather, his former enemies. Wherever they were, they could not afford to squabble over past issues, and the nuclear holocaust that the First Founder had caused was something Cal hadn't been informed was a backup plan. Then the question came from Otto, asking if he knew where they were, and Cal turned cooly towards the man, replying smoothly. "A better question would be what planet we are on. I've been all over the world in my time alive, and never have I found or heard of a place with so much energy in the air itself. One thing is clear, this is not the Earth we left, if it even is Earth." Cal turned to look at the path, disinterested by the group's reaction, but then turned back around when he listened to the sound of Otto falling back against the tree. Cooly, Cal walked over and pushed Christian and Tyler out of the way like children, grabbing Otto and laying him down in the snow on his back. There he checked for a pulse on him, and upon finding none, began CPR, knowing it was ultimately futile. Motioning to the kit with his head to Christian and Tyler. "Bring me that kit now."

Lucien was the first to react, instead of the two near the first aid kit, he grabbed it and walked over to where Cal was, kneeling beside the man and reaching inside, and handing him a syringe filled with what looked like sponges. This Cal injected into the wound, which was filled up with dozens of tiny little sponges that soaked up the blood and expanded, hardening and applying pressure to the wound at the same time. This Lucien set to work slapping a bandage over and cleaning up while Cal began CPR treatments. However, after ten minutes of everyone staring anxiously and no results, he stopped and stood up. "He's dead. Nothing more can be done." After a moment, Cal shut Otto's eyes and stood up, as did Lucien.

Lucien

Lucien took a cigarette out of his coat jacket and lit it, taking a deep puff on the end. With Otto dead, and them stranded in the middle of no where, on a planet that none of them knew, and the cold coming in. The issues they were facing were rapidly becoming apparent. In any case, Otto's death couldn't be dwelled on, they needed to focus on survival now and mourn later. With that Lucien decided to take charge.

Lucien walked over to where Maine had fallen unconscious and picked him up, carrying him to rest against a tree. After checking for a pulse and finding one, and seeing no apparent wounds, Lucien turned to their current situation. "We need to start a fire and get a temporary shelter up now. The night is closing in and we are in the middle of a foreign wilderness. Immortal or not, we don't need to go stumbling around in the dark, not to mention none of us have winter clothes." In response, Cal walked to a small nearby tree, formed his sword in his right hand, and then cut down the tree, using his strength to walk it down carefully. There he cut the extra limbs away from the main body of the trunk, which he then cut again into small even sections. When all was done, he had a very decent pile of wood, more then enough to keep them supplied for the night, if they were careful. Meanwhile Lucien cleared out a small section of ground by melting the snow with his own flame grabbing large stones, building a small circle, which Cal set the wood up in. After that was done, Lucien used his flame to quickly dry the wood and then set it alight, before turning to the rest of the wood and beginning to pile it up carefully. It was evident that both Cal and Lucien were more then used to this kind of activity, as the pair set about building a large lean-to against the tree out of the thick canopy that the limbs of the tree had created for it after melting the snow around it in a large area. Lucien moved Otto's body carefully to a side where it wouldn't get trampled and wouldn't get in the way, and covered it with the extra pine boughs. When all was said and finished, Cal moved Maine inside the lean-to, and the group had a small camp site to use for the night. When he was done making sure Otto's body was properly taken care of, Lucien looked up at the sky, which was covered in an evening sun, and turned to Daisuke. "Kid, go see if you can't hunt something or find something to eat, we need to keep our calorie count high in this kind of cold.". The next person he turned to was Tyler, "I want you to cut down another tree, we need to build another lean to, and if we have to stay out here longer we'll want more wood for a fire." The next person he turned to was Cal. "Cal, go see if you can't find something down that road, I figure we have about roughly an hour before the sun goes down, so be back before then." Cal nodded cooly, and then turned off down the path. "I'll keep watch for now, we need to be vigilant in case there is something out there that wants us dead.[/fieldbox]

(Credit to @SoleStride for the post. This is a repost for the new IC thread.)
Tyler & Christian Haak

Christian had been cleaning and bandaging Otto's wounds as fast as he could while still keeping quality, but it just wasn't enough. They'd been out on the battlefield for too long with Otto just bleeding out. Even when Otto told him to forget it, the man kept going, trying his best not listen in to the words being spoken to his sister. But of course, he did hear them and could help glare just a little when the dying man kissed his sister. What was with these people? Everyone just starts making out with her whenever they want – was this normal? Is this some sort of polyamorous love group? His hands only stopped bandaging when Otto's body slumped back against the tree behind him and by the look of him, and the expression on his sister's face, he could tell it was over.

While her brother worked, Tyler was doing her best to keep Otto warm but it was clear it wasn't doing much. Otto was rambling about saying things in times of death and foolish actions, so she was caught off guard by the following moment. She was used to being kissed, in her previous life and also by Daisuke who did so whenever he wanted to be hit in the face, but she was not used to it from Otto. In fact, the action was so strange that she could only stare in shock at him because she knew exactly where this was going. And a few seconds later, she was proven right when Otto's body gave out entirely. His words hadn't been so stunning, part of her knew how he felt and she had just ignored it along with everything else that would have made their now ridiculous lives seem more normal.

Her flames died instantly, her body going cold so quickly that her skin faded right back into blue faster than one could say the color. She hadn't moved an inch when Cal came over and shoved her and her brother aside like they were nothing. Tyler just landed on her ass a few feet away, legs strewn out, and eyes staring blankly at the two founders trying to revive the rebels' fallen leader. Failure. She expected no more and got no more than failure.

Lucien took command quickly after Cal announced Otto's death, and the two founders went about their business as if nothing had happened and like no one else was there. Of course, Tyler had no idea what to do at a time like this other than the typical, common sense knowledge to make a fire, make a shelter, and find food and water. Cal and Lucien did most of that before anyone would have even had much of a chance to help out. Tyler pushed herself to her feet, a dead look in her eyes that deterred her brother from even attempting to comfort her. She could see him hesitate to approach out of the corner of her eye before he decided against it moved away to help build the shelter.

She only really moved when Lucien ordered her to cut down a tree, propelling her forward. Worriedly, Christian followed. It only took a few seconds for her to find a decent one, a long, crescent blade of wind forming down wrist and hand and extending passed it. One strong, silent swipe later and the tree was free from its roots. Luckily, Christian was there to keep hold of it, and he mimicked Cal's actions by walking it down to the ground with Tyler's help. The two worked in silence, Tyler cutting the tree to make pieces for shelter and firewood and Christian transporting them to the lean-to and the fire pit.

Maine
-----Sometime after entering the tundra-----

Maine woke suddenly to find himself lying in an empty white room dressed in his combat uniform with all his gear. Looking around he saw nothing but a small table and two chairs. Unaware of where he was, he stood up slowly before a wincing pain in his head forced him back to his knees. After a few deep breaths he rose again and tentatively walked toward the chairs. It took all of his strength just to walk over and sit in the chair, something unusual for Maine.

He tried to think back to what happened. His memory was fuzzy for some reason and even with all his effort he could not remember how he got to this room. The last thing he could remember was being surrounded by Cal in North Korea. Then it hit him... Am I dead? No, that couldn't be possible, he was immortal after all. But then how could he have arrived in such a strange room. Maine was so focused on his thoughts that he didn't notice the giant blob of black substance rising from the floor. Slowly the blob coalesced and formed, to Maine's relief, into the familiar figure of Nyx.

"Nyx thank God. What the hell is going on?" Maine questioned, his voice slightly shaking. "What happened in North Korea? Why cant I remember anything?" It was at that point Maine noticed that expression on Nyx's face. Her usual air of happiness was gone, instead replaced with a srious and somber look. "Maine...." her words felt cold and harsh. "Right now we are in your conscious. I activated a safety feature to protect your mind by putting you in a coma." She spoke calmly with no sense of excitement or energy, just the words. "Ok.... So then what happened?"

"I think it would be better to show you...."
Behind Nyx images from Maine's memories appeared, playing like a television show. First him stabbing Otto to the appearance of Adler. Then there was the nuclear explosions that wiped the planet. All Maine could do was watch as the memories played and tears streamed down his face, hands trembling as he remembered what he did. The memories ended with the whole screen turning completely white and an empty silence filled the room.

It took Maine a few minutes to regain composure, the harsh memories like stabbing knives in his heart. Nyx, meanwhile stayed quiet, wiating for Maine to get a hold of himself. Still shaking, Maine finally asked "So what happened afterwards? Why did the whole screen turn white." Nyx sighed. She had hoped that Maine wouldn't ask anything more yet. "Well you see, after the explosion everyone was transported to somewhere else. Cal was say-" "Wait what the hell do you mean by Cal?" He stopped her midsentence as his blood began to boil. How was that bastard, after everything he did, still alive.

"Everyone got teleported Maine, and apparently we aren't on Earth anymore. We are on some other distant planet. It looks like we are all working together now. That's at least what Otto said before he...." There was a pause as Maine notice something coming out of Nyx's eyes... tears. "Nyx what happened to Otto?" he asked sternly, heart prepared for the worst.

"Maine, I'm sorry to say this... but Otto's dead."

------Back in reality------

Maine bolted up from his resting position with tears pouring down his eyes. Quickly looking around he found himself in a wood lean to. He could see next to him the small light of Lucien's cigarette. "Hey Lucien..." Maine said quietly, in an almost hushed tone. Once he had the founder's attention he looked at him straight in the eyes, the tears still coming. "Is it true... Is Otto really dead?" he said sniffling. "Did I kill Otto?"

Daisuke Hirragi

It was as if he had lost a brother. Otto, the big burly Viking had died." Daisuke's demon form had faded as he returned to his normal look. "We should give him a proper burial." Daisuke said holding back tears. He was instructed by Lucien to go hunt for food. "Fucking wait, I'm not just gonna leave Otto like this. He needs to be put to rest properly."

Daisuke ripped a branch off of a nearby tree and started digging frantically. He didn't know his next step Adam was still lost in his guilty thought and Daisuke didn't know what to do next all he knew was that Otto needed to be put to rest properly so his spirit can pass on.

GM POST (Lucien)

Lucien wasn't going to baby Maine about what he did, what he was responsible for. He turned to Maine for a moment, looked him up and down, stared him in the eye and spoke. "What you did was a lot worse then kill Otto Maine, you betrayed him, you betrayed him so that you could satisfy your own conscience. What you wished for alone was itself a betrayal, not of Otto, but of those who died. Deanta, Jaques, your Sergeant, every single one of the men and women who died in that assault, every one of them you betrayed. They didn't wish to live again, that's not why they died. They died with the goal of defeating the E.I., and to ask them to live again, it flies in the face of that." Lucien stood up and left the lean to, moving to where Daisuke was, and grabbing him by the arm, stopping his digging. "Stop Daisuke. Stop now. Do you know where we are? Because I have no god damn idea kid, and don't tell me you seriously plan to bury Otto in the middle of a deserted tundra. He deserves a proper burial in a place that you can visit his grave, not to be left isolated in this forest. I'll carry him all the way to that place if I have to. In the meantime though, I need you to go find us food, we don't get food, then we might as well end up following him, so go find food now." Lucien gave him a gentle push, forcing the branch out of the man's hand. "We'll leave Otto's body covered until we can find a proper burial place for him." With that, Lucien turned to continue improving their lean to, grabbing the branches from the tree that Christian and Tyler cut up and piling them on the outside for insulation and shelter, while simultaneously working to expand the lean to so they could all fit inside comfortably in the night, turning it more into a makeshift shelter then a lean to. Cal in the meantime was helping Christian stack the logs onto the pile they had made nearby.
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Dakota K5
Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke was digging like a mad man, his hands getting torn up from the rough bark and repetitive motion. He was stopped by Lucien, who he was expecting him to slap the shit out him. Lucien told Daisuke that Otto deserved to be buried in a better place someplace they could visit him. Daisuke chocked back tears and nodded at Lucien's suggestion to find food. Daisuke took off running he looked back at Maine who looked like he was dealing with some crazy emotions. Daisuke turned and headed into the woods, he felt cold and tired.

Daisuke looked around and found no sign of life. Daisuke continued walking, looking under rocks and in bushes for eggs or any insects. He was out there for a while, he was getting frustrated. He did his best to not think of anything other than hunting that's when he saw something moving. He walked up to a hole in tree to see if anything was sleeping inside. As he got closer her heard movement, he got ready and reached in to the hole. A flash of feathers exploded from the hole as whatever was in there flew away. "FUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!"

Daisuke yelled at the sky as he let his beast mode leak out. His demon traits erupted from his human figure and turned him into a demon again. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." Daisuke yelled as he clawed at the tree knocking it down in 3 swipes. "Damnit." Daisuke knelt down and looked around. "shit, what the hell am I doing?" As Daisuke felt sorry for himself he heard a twig snap behind him. he turned to see a strange looking animal. it looked like a deer but bigger and with more horns and spikes along it's spine. "what the hell is that shit?" The animal caught Daisuke's scent and turned to run.

Daisuke sprung from his kneeling position and ran after the animal. The deer on steroids took off and started running a lot faster than a deer should. Daisuke dropped down to all fours and teleported 6 times trying his best just to keep up. Daisuke teleported up to the beast and swung at it knocking it over. The deer on steroids rolled in the snow and stood up, he faced Daisuke and charged his horns growing and aimed right at his attacker. "shit." Daisuke said as he just managed to teleport away avoiding an incoming monster charge. Daisuke decided it was time to end this. he teleported to the left of the beast and sank his claws right into the deer like animal's side. The beast fell and Daisuke stood there with the task of dragging this monster back to the others.

Daisuke grabbed it by the horns and started dragging it along. It was heavy, it was if he was dragging a hippo along instead. Daisuke finally reached the clearing where the others were. He was tired and covered in blood. He walked up to the lean to and dropped off his kill. "here" he said to no one in particular as he dropped the beast infront of the others. It was around this time that Daisuke noticed something, he wasn't as tired as he should be he had teleported a couple of times and he felt as if he could do it 100 more times. where ever they were it wasn't earth.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Quark and Dakota K5
Tyler & Christian Haak

Even though Daisuke began to freak out, digging like a madman because 'Otto needed a proper burial', Tyler continued on with her work like nothing was happening. Her eyes looked straight ahead, focused on her task while she chopped at the tree, cutting pieces clean off with a single swipe of her hand. For a brief second, she paused to stare at the compressed air pulsing around her hand, noting with unspoken confusion that she had more power with it than normal. Two seconds passed and she was at it again, chopping and sliding, chopping and sliding.

Who does that…? Who says something like that, kisses you, and just dies? What kind of asshole would do that? Chop. What kind of leader let's one of their teammates stab them in the back? Chop. What kind of team would stab each other in the back? Pause…What kind of teammate can't protect the other? Too little, too late, girl. Catching one only to let the other slip right passed you. Tyler looked over at the lean-to where she knew Maine was resting his unconscious ass. Her heart squeezed painfully in her chest, the fingers of her hands balling into fists. She could just… show him what it feels like to be stabbed in the back. And for something so fucking ridiculous too. As if his bleeding heart hadn't been a problem before, keeping him from really fighting, backing out of battles. The dude had an alter ego to do most of the real work for him. Probably sold out his own squadron when he was in the military too…

The negative thoughts continued and no matter how hard she tried to contain them, they just wouldn't be pushed down. Tyler couldn't help but feel that she and Otto had been really close since they met – instant friends and teammates. And someone had gone and betrayed him at the very end, taking him away without a thought. The fact that Maine hadn't died right alongside Otto just pissed her off to no end.

In the distance, she could hear Daisuke returning and dragging something large with him. At some point, she'd gone back to chopping wood, but she stopped again to stare at the demon-guy. For some reason, it felt like they were the only two of the group left. Otto was dead and Maine was as good as dead to her. Cal was an asshole and a psychotic tyrant and Lucien was probably still pissed at them for losing Alkura in the first place. Even though her brother was here, he was being a total dick right now, and having fought on opposing sides at the start of the battle had really skewed her image of him. Unknowingly, she just stood there and stared at Daisuke, clinging to the one thing left that she trusted. Without realizing it, tears were already running down her face, but she made no move to wipe them away – lost in her own thoughts.

Reactions: Quark and Dakota K5
Maine
Maine listened silently as Lucien laid into him. Each of his words were like knives stabbing him. And it wasn't like what Lucien was saying was wrong. He did betray Otto and tarnished the memories of everyone he served with and fought with, there was no doubt about it. When Lucien was finished berating him and left to yell at Daisuke, Maine exited the little lean-to, fists balled in anger. Once outside, he felt the heavy eyes of everyone internally judging him. Maine moved quickly from the campsite to hide both his embarrassment and shame. Keeping his eyes down, he eventually found himself in an isolated area a little ways away from the camp.

"FUCK!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs as he punched the nearest tree. The blood began to drip from both his knuckles and the tree as the tears came down again. "GOD DAMMIT!!!" Another punch. Then another. He kept punching the tree out of frustration and anger until he was exhausted and dropped to his knees. Lying there, he reflected on everything that had happened, regretting many of what he had done. Was there anything that being Immortal that was good? Did he do anything good with his Immortality? In his mind, there was nothing good. He did nothing except cause pain and suffering, so what good was being alive for? But no.... Otto wouldn't want that. He would want Maine to keep going... to fight through and beat the shit out of that Adler...

After a reflecting for some time, Maine slowly made his way over to the camp that he had left before, still avoiding eye contact with everyone. He found himself an area separate form everyone else and sat there silently.

Reactions: Kurogane86

GM POST (Lucien)

Lucien turned from his work to look at the animal for a moment, before standing up, drawing a knife from within his suit jacket. With this, he turned to the animal, and began to cut into it. He figured since it looked like a deer, it must be somewhat like one, and overall he was right. Aside from a far larger heart and thicker muscular structure, over all ti was anatomically no different. However, it did make him wonder, if the deer were like this, and from what he saw muscle wise on this thing, adapted to run as fast as possible, just what exactly would it have run from? His question was only given a passing thought as he found himself looking up, and then spotted him.
52b1a74ac37fed3863cec1bd5281dd75.jpg

A cleverly concealed man dressed in fur lined armor, a half shield at his side and a sword drawn and in hand, the cowl and cloak he wore making him nearly invisible in the growing dusk of the evening. Just behind that man he spotted another, dressed similarly, but this one holding a long bow with a broad headed arrow knocked and the string drawn taunt. As he looked around Lucien realized not only were there two, but some two dozen men surrounding them, each (aside from the first) armed with a long bow taking aim at various members of the party. The men gave no words, but the one armed with the sword looked Lucien dead in the eyes, and nodded towards the knife in his hand.

Lucien took the hint and dropped the tool. They were in the middle of some unknown land, and surrounded by a people they were unfamiliar with who were armed with weapons. The worst thing they could do right now is spark up tensions by fighting back with these people. For all they knew they could simply be scared, afraid of the strangely dressed people in the middle of the forest they patrolled.[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke saw Tyler on the verge of tears, he moved on pure instinct and embraced her. Tyler was usually punching him or hitting him with a mace so her vulnerable side was refreshing. As he held her he couldn't help but wonder about Otto's last actions. He apologized and kissed her, it wasn't a surprise he knew they had feelings for each other probably before either of them did. As Tyler cried he looked down at her and wondered if she was crying Cuz of the situation they are in or because of a broken heart, either way there was no room for Daisuke in there.

He held her tighter and said calmly."it's gonna be ok Tyler, we'll get out of this somehow. Just trust in your old buddy Daisuke." He winced at the word buddy it was like he himself admitted defeat for Tylers heart. As Daisuke embraced her, he was completely enveloped in her. Her scent, her soft skin, her breathing it was if all 5 senses were made for Tyler. He wondered if she'll ever see him as any thing more than Daisuke the punch line to every joke, the group clown or pervert.

Suddenly a new smell filled Daisuke nostrils. It was blood, he turned to see Lucien cleaning his kill. As he looked he saw that Lucien was starring off into the distance that's when he saw him the hooded figure. Daisuke saw another one directly behind him, an arrow ready to fly. Daisuke quickly turned and placed Tyler right behind him. "Stay still" He said still eyeing the archer. "Listen carefully Tyler, there are 2." Daisuke suddenly smelled another person he looked around to see others surrounding them. "Shit, we're surrounded." Daisuke, still in beast mode, wrapped his tail around Tylers arm and crouched facing the nearest opponent. He growled baring his claws and fangs hoping to scare the enemies away.

Tyler & Christian Haak

She wasn't expecting it but before she knew it, Daisuke was holding her tight. If she was capable of all-out sobbing she would have started then. But now wasn't the time for that. It seemed like there was never any time to just vent – really let it all out. If she were to speak, she was sure the dam would break and she'd just lose it. They had worked so hard and yet the world got freaking nuked and some creepy, super powerful thing got released because someone betrayed Otto and killed him. Adam was also a traitor. Daisuke was the only person she could fully trust now and the thought made her curl into him more, pressing her eyes shut tight to try and hold back more tears. Christian never approached, but he looked super pissed about what was happening between his sister at the dissociative demon-guy.

How selfish of me, not considering that Daisuke probably feels terrible too. Tyler wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him back, trying her best to return the comfort he was giving her. She wasn't even planning to let go until Daisuke's hushed concerned broke through the silence to let her know that they were in trouble and she was pulled away and moved to Daisuke's back. Confused, teary eyes took a moment to glance around so she could see for herself what was going on. She was reaching down for her mace when something took hold of her arm. She was tugged a little as Daisuke crouched down, but her fingers made it to her mace on the ground which she gripped firmly.

Only when she saw Lucien drop his knife, did she reluctantly let go of her mace. It took a few seconds, but she finally spread her fingers out in a show that she had no weapons in her hands but she sure as hell wasn't happy about it. Worried about starting something, she didn't even move her hands to wiped her face, leaving the tear streaks where they were to annoy the crap out of her. Such a sorely inappropriate time for such weakness to be shown. Tyler kept her back to Daisuke's back, also partially crouched – due to Daisuke's tail pulling her down a little-, giving them as a pair a 360-degree view of their opponents.

Christian followed suit when Tyler dropped her weapon, slowly pulling the gun strap from his shoulder and sitting the gun on the ground. He glanced between each of the newcomers and the members of his own party, wondering where this might lead. It looked like they had survived the destruction of most of the Earth just so they could be taken out by a bunch of guys with arrows.

[fieldbox="A New World cont., red, solid"]

GM POST (Lucien)

The rangers, or at least that's what they looked like, wasted no time once everyone has put their hands up. One ranger for each member of the group carefully put their bows over their shoulder and drew out a long length of leather cord, walking towards each of them. When one of the rangers saw that Daisuke was still crouching, looking like he might potentially resist, one of them rattled something off in the strange language and pointed at Daisuke, and at that three of the archers settled their bows on him, and the two rangers appraoching Tyler and Daisuke backed up and waited at a distance. They began shouting at Daisuke, indicating for him to stand up with his hands and making other wild gestures, possibly indicating for him to stop.

Meanwhile, Christian, Maine, Cal, and Lucien were tied with their hands behind their back. The rangers were not gentle, but not unnecessarily rough, and an attempt from Lucien and Cal to flex his muscles so that the ropes would come loose when he unflexed them earned a kick from the ranger tying them, showing that they were not inexperienced either. Once they were tied, they were helped up, then guided towards the edge of the circle, with each of the archers slowly beginning to turn to rest their aim on Daisuke.

Lucien, upon seeing that Daisuke was still resisting, turned his head and shouted at the man. "You idiot, your scaring them, stand down and go out of that stupid attack mode! You are just making them far more likely to attack you at this rate!" Lucien didn't get to stik around to find out the results though, as each person that was tied was guided to an empty cart nearby in a clearing. That cart was pulled into a circle of other carts, each with other humans dressed in modern clothes, suggesting that what the former E.I. members had suffered was not a unique event. Though these people were covered in fur blankets, protecting them from the cold. There were children in the carts as well, the mothers of these children and the children themselves left untied so that the mothers might comfort the children. There was also a ranger walking around and checking restraints to see if they were too tight, and handing out biscuits to eat among those that might be hungry. It would seem that the rangers, at least from what had been seen, were not being unkind to the new arrivals.

As the former rebels and E.I. members alike were guided to the carts, a ranger with a couple fur blankets came over, and as the E.I. members sat down in the wooden cart, placed a blanket around each of them, before wondering off to help other people trickling in now.[/fieldbox]

Reactions: SoleStride
Maine
Not far from Maine, Lucien and the others were preparing to eat the animal that Daisuke had caught for them. For the first time since they arrived on this strange world, Nyx appeared and silently sat next to him. She wore the same expression from before, solemn and quiet. The two watched silently as the group interacted with each other, noticing in particular the shared moment between Daisuke and Tyler. Maine sighed as he looked at himself and did a quick equipment check. He still had all his gear from before minus his rifle. He had his sidearm with a few magazines and the sword on his back. Everything else was accounted for.

From his side he noticed Nyx stood straight up in an offensive stance. "Nyx what's going o-" he stopped himself as he saw the group of warriors surround him and the others approach their camp, bows drawn. Noticing that Lucien had dropped his knife and the others dropped their weapons, Maine did likewise, holstering his pistol and sheathing his blade on his back and raising his hands above his head. Nyx disappeared into Maine's shadow quickly hiding before the men noticed her. Following the orders of the warriors and the actions of others, Maine waited patiently to tied up. He didn't want to put up any resistance despite the fact he knew they could probably take out the men with ease. The men had the chance to shoot any time before Maine and the others noticed them, but the didn't instead opting to take them as prisoners. Something wasn't right.

He followed his escorts until he arrived at the cart. They were joined by other carts with other people, men women and children. Unlike the men who escorted them, they wore modern clothes and were obviously from Earth. Similar to Maine and the others, they were treated kindly, being given blankets and food by the men. What the hell is going on? Whatever was going on, they were no immediate threat so Maine relaxed as he was thrown in the cart with the others. Maine stayed quiet, diverting his eyes form the others, instead focusing on his surroundings.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as more archers aimed their bows at him. As they did the others tied up his comrades. Daisuke was wondering what to do, he reached back and made sure Tyler was ok. 'Shit, shit what do I do? do I run?' It was than that Adam finally spoke up. "if they wanted to kill us they would have shot already, they have 3 archers on you and havn't fired yet. they obviously are just trying to take us somewhere." and just as suddenly as he spoke Adam went quiet again. "kid? Kid?" Daisuke was still nervous but it made sense only more so when Lucien yelled at him.

Daisuke slowly stood up, he unwrapped his tail around Tyler held his hand out signaling to keep back. "slowly" he said to her. Daisuke stood all the way up and slowly turned back into a human, his fangs were receding as were his horns and claws. His skin finally turned into a normal color. Daisuke raised his arms up in the air giving up. "you better be right about this Lucien." he said as the others approached Daisuke, the archers still trained on him. Daisuke looked back at Tyler. "we can still get out of her Tyler. Just say the word and you and I will be outta here. I can teleport us far away, than we can track everyone later for a rescue. Just give the word."

Daisuke kept his body infront of Tyler doing his best to keep her shielded from any arrows or any of the approaching hooded figures. He didn't want anything to happen to her, not now not ever.

Tyler & Christian Haak

Christian was tied instantly with everyone except for that damn demon-guy who was causing problems, even keeping his sister involved. He was on the verge of saying something himself, but Lucien got to it first and basically told him to stand down. Now she had even more arrows pointed her way. He didn't care if Daisuke was skewered, but just leave her out of it. Gritting his teeth, Christian let himself be led away with Lucien, Maine, and Cal.

Daisuke was being…. Even more unnecessarily protective than usual. Tyler peeked over at him, wondering if she had made herself seem so weak and incapable already. Damn mine eyes… she joked internally, cursing her tears. The demon faded away, leaving only the man behind, and his tail released her arm. She used the freedom to raise her hands a little higher in compliance. At Daisuke's word, Tyler turned her own head to look at him as well, giving him a strangely relaxed smile. "Daisuke… Every once in a while, surrender is the most productive course of action. If we took off now, not only would we instantly be labeled enemies of the indigenous people here, but we would be stuck in an unknown frozen tundra with no plan, shelter, food, or way to find the others again." Her tone became a bit more firm. "Do what they want. We could die or become stranded and lost out here alone. We don't know what they want, but they haven't hurt us yet. If we have to institute a Plan B, then we'll do so at a later time."

She watched as the rest of the group was carted off before them. With her words to Daisuke, she stepped away from him enough so one of the rangers could swoop in and tie her hands at her back like the others without being in range of getting clobbered by the agitated ex-yakuza. It could be worse, they could have been left for dead with bodies full of arrows in the snow. She was shuffled along to a cart with her fellow 'teammates' if that's what she could call them anymore. She was given a fur blanket to cover up with, but she was more focused on getting Lucien's attention by nudging his foot with hers. "Otto...?" She asked, uncertain of whether they should ask that he be brought with them. They hadn't had the chance to bury him.

[fieldbox="A New World cont., red, solid"]

GM POST (Lucien)

Lucien looked up at Tyler's inquiry. She was right, in the commotion Lucien had forgotten all about Otto's body. He turned around and cocked his head back to where they came, where the rest of the rangers were slwoly coming from after gathering up the weapons from the camp site, which were then placed in another wagon seperate from those in the other wagons, where they would be safe from any attempts to break out.

Lucien attempted to get the attention of the rangers, but they didn't understand him, instead one of them just shouted to another ranger and pointed at him. The Ranger walked over towards Lucien and tapped him on the side of the head, catching Lucien by surprise.
The immortal was immediately overwhelmed by sudden drowsiness, and he found himself sinking into a pit of sleep in an instant.

Cal attempted to stand up to take a look at Lucien, but in the commotion he too was tapped on the side of the neck, and found himself falling drowsy and tired. The other members of the group also found themselves being tapped on the sides of the neck, where upon they began to immediately feel tired and drowsy, and sleep would overtake them in a matter of moments.
[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as Tyler backed away from him after just telling him to let them get captured. "This is bullshit!" Tyler was intercepted by a hooded guy and tied up like the others. Daisuke watched the guy closely, growling slightly as he put her arms together. The archers held up their bows and started yelling.

Daisuke glared at them, daring them to shoot. Daisuke didn't like it but he allowed the hooded figures to get closer. He suddenly realized they were about to forget someone. "Wait, Otto?" Daisuke stood up,slowly his hands still in the air. "Wait you prick I just gotta get Otto." The archers yelled at Daisuke, he held up his hands as if saying I surrendered already damnit.

Daisuke shuffled closer to his fallen brother when he was stopped by another hooded goon. "Wait fucker, I said I gotta get Otto." One of the archers grew impatient and let an arrow fly, just grazing Daisuke's cheek. He yelled again as he knocked another arrow. Daisuke reached for his cheek once he saw the blood he stopped. "You bastard!" Daisuke stopped himself from charging and took a deep breath. He pointed at the body of his fallen leader. Daisuke pointed at Otto than with his hands signed that he should come too. Daisuke thought he was getting through as the archers lowered their weapons. He turned to get Otto but was met by a hooded man who touched him on the side of his head.

Daisuke looked at the guy oddly. He suddenly felt very dizzy. He tried to walk to Otto but was so dizzy he fell to his knees. "You cock, what did...you." Daisuke fell to the floor reaching in Otto's direction.

Maine

Maine sat silently as the warriors went around securing everyone in the cart. He was slightly surprised by the blanket on his shoulder, but he appreciated the warmth. However, contrary to what Lucien had said, not everyone was being patient with these men. He saw Daisuke stand up and try to leave. While it didn't look like he was necessarily trying to escape, it by no means worried their captors. They all drew their bows and one in particular shot Daisuke. It was then he finally noticed what exactly Daisuke was being so persistent about. Otto....

Suddenly one of the captors tapped him on the head. It wasn't something harmful but Maine quickly felt drowsy and after a few attempts to stay awake he was knocked out. Everything was initially black but not long after he was in the white room from before sitting at the table. Across from him was Nyx this time reading a book of some kind. There was a period of silence before Nyx finally put her book down. "Just so you know, I don't even know how you got back here again." Another period of silence. "Welp... I guess we have to wait."

GM Post
Mentioned: Everyone
-

Our group of heroes while unconscious would be transported to a small village by the rangers, most EI and Guardian forces would be separated and sent to other villages throughout the forest but the main group would be kept at the first. Tyler, Maine, Adam/Daisuke, Lucien and Cal were put into the same cabin, it was simple but well built it was about a 50x15x20 log cabin with no windows and the fireplace made of brick. An old woman was tending the fire on the side and each of them were laying down in separate beds with mattresses made of straw covered by a large fur while they were covered by a fur blanket as well. The floor was made of smooth half logs that were sawed down the middle and laid down bark first with tar smeared between the cracks to cover them. The woman looked as if she was ancient, milky cataracts filled her eyes and wrinkles made up most of her skin while her hands were terribly worn from toil. Over her head was a light shawl made of silk and seemed to be as old as her, near the door of the log cabin stood one of the ranger's that found them or at least he was part of the group that found them evidenced to his armor.
Each of our heroes would wake to find themselves safe and warm but what would happen to them after that would be determined by their actions when awoken.