2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

[fieldbox="A New Sense of Resolve, red, solid"]

Lucien nodded, then pondered the question put forth by Otto, though the thought was intially Tyler's. "Actually, children won't be a problem. The serum we were all given modified our genetic sequence, so any children you choose to have will all have the same life span, infinite." He cast a glance over to Alkura. "Everyone except Alkura that is. Whatever happened to her, the serum obviously is no longer effecting her." Lucien grabbed one of the spits with rabbit on it, and tore a piece off, thinking as he ate the gamey meat, staring at the cooked meat left. "Well then, tomorrow, we can start off towards the capitol, use the King's network to find out what we can about the shadow man, then we find him, and kill him. IF we stick together at that point, that's fine." He yawned and then looked up. "Well, I suggest everyone eat up and then get some rest. We have a lot of running to do tomorrow."[/fieldbox]

Tyler Haak

Tyler gave Daisuke and his annoyed tone a shrug. “When I’ve been fucked over this bad for this long and no one’s even offered to buy me dinner, I think it’s about time we start thinking about ourselves. We’re struggling to survive; it’s stupid to to take on the responsibilities of an entire society when we can’t even go a day knowing that we have a bed to sleep in or food to eat. We’re roasting rabbits over and open fire in the middle of nowhere right now. Think about it just a little bit and you’ll understand my point of view.”

With a sigh and a shake of her head, Tyler watched Lucien pick at a charred rabbit. It wasn’t visible, but she was incredibly relieved that she’d be capable of having kids eventually. Though, it did bother her knowing that if she did ever have children that they too would be immortal. She wasn’t really sure that she wanted to impose that fate on anyone else.Though… it meant that’d she’d never have to outlive her children. There was no point in saying anything else, so Tyler just flopped down onto her back, resting her hands behind her head and closing her eyes.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke looked at everyone who made up their minds to work together to take down this shadow clone of Otto. He could see they all had the resolve needed but what bothered him was the after plan. He especially was surprised at Tyler, she used to be so innocent. The once kind high school teacher turned bitter, it was sad. Daisuke opened his mouth about to say something but felt there was no changing their minds. He was going to lay down and sleep but suddenly felt strongly about something.

"So, that's it you all agreed. We super friends one more time then we each go our separate ways huh?" He struggled to get to his feet. "You know, it's not lost on me the magnitude of this situation." He got to his feet swaying trying to stay up. "But, I've been here before, I've been forced from my home and suddenly found myself in a strange place where I knew no one." Tears welled up in Daisuke eyes. "And I did what you guys thought I ran from my new life, I drank, I smoked, I fucked a lot of people but." His soulful face was replaced with one of resolve. "It didn't make me feel whole again."

He looked around the fire. "So yes, let's crush this shadow tool but." He took in a deep breath. "Lets stick together. I haven't felt at home since I left my family home, well not until I was brought to be with all of you." He looked at Lucien then Cal. "You guys are like our mother and step dad that we don't really like." He looked at Otto. "You're like my big brother who watches out for us." He looked at Tyler. "You're like our hot step sister we both try to get closer to." He looked at Alkura, "you and Adam are like our kid brother and sister. He looked at Christian. "You're the dog, that pisses on the rug. So, your part of the family but we wouldn't be to sad if you ran off." He looked around and said. "So, let's not break up. Let's stay the happy family we are now. We don't have to fight crime we can disappear into the night but, let's run together."

Daisuke legs gave out as he plopped to the floor. He smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks. "There. I said what I wanted."

Otto White
Interaction: Daisuke
-

He hummed at the point Lucien made but Otto wasn't meaning children in general he was more interested in...if they would get powers like them, though Lucien said it was genetic now so he assumed that they would get something but he put it to the back of his mind as he listened to Tyler speak, the evidence of something much deeper then annoyance in her tone and while he didn't quite agree with the sentiment he empathized with how she felt about the whole situation. He turned his attention to Daisuke who gave a emotional argument about how they should stay together as one big family as tears welled up in his eyes. "Daisuke, while I sympathize with how you feel but you gotta think about this from two points. First point is that no matter where we go, hell even if all of us went and walked in separate directions after all this was over until we couldn't walk anymore we would still all be able to find each other since it's not like we all are what you'd call...inconspicuous save for Lucien but then you would just have to look for where ever the biggest sales of this worlds version of tobacco is. Second point, we are a threat to everyone and everything in this world together, we could shape and destroy entire nations here so do you think for one second anyone in power is going to want to see any of us together in one place? Rulers are paranoid and we represent a threat to big for them to ignore and if not them then their children or grandchildren. Though all this is moot since we may all change our minds by the time were are finished with this, so dry those eyes little brother we aren't at the end of this journey together just yet."

Reactions: Kurogane86
GM Post
-

The moon hung high in the night sky while the six of them slept, the fire long since burnt to embers that floated high into the sky. Whatever dreams each one of them had or were having would be uninterrupted as a gentle breeze carried on through their small camp but for they would be one of the few groups to experience peace this night. All across the continent word of the attack earlier in the day was spreading, via messenger, bird or just by word of mouth. Most of it was hearsay and rumor then actual truth due to how fast the word was spreading but it was enough for Kings, Queens and leaders of all sorts mobilizing their troops and closing off the walls of their cities but this was not to be the end of what was to come. In every major city, village or town a long shadow stretched across the land, a shadow of plague spread by the one called Adler as fleas in everyone of the major cities suddenly became infected with the lethal Bubonic plague when ever Adler's shadow fell upon them. Before the rising of the sun the land would be affected by both a pestilence and a coming war.

[fieldbox="A Meeting of Someone Thought Dead, cyan, solid"]

GM POST

As the days passed, the group would travel along on the path back to the capitol, walking and running to make the journey. It would be many days, weeks, and perhaps even months before they would return to the city, but everywhere they went, they would see evil. Evidence of disease that ran rampant, people piled onto roads and outside of gates of cities. Refugee camps of citizens fleeing the war that was approaching, bringing news of the destruction that followed. Columns of soldiers, some looking weak from illness, marching down the roads to join the front. But it wasn't just the people that suffered. The sickness seemed to leap into animals, and plants. Groves of dead trees once flush with leaves, fields of dead crops, herds of maggot ridden animal corpses. All of these were common on the road back. Little would the group know, this would be the hardest trial they would endure. The group would be walking on the trail, tired, bedraggled, and eager for the rest that the end of the day would offer. Scavenging was how they survived, but it would be difficult. Animals that were once fat quickly grew lean and thin. They grew weary of hungry people looking for their next meal, and as a result hid themselves well. It was in search of food that would bring a few to halt in front of the cabin while the rest went on to make camp.

It was a veritable paradise that Tyler, Otto, and Daisuke would find themselves looking at. A grove of apple trees stood beside the house, branches filled with ripe, delicious fruit that was sweet and refreshing. A small pen holding chickens sat off to the side of the place, and a dog rested lazily on the porch of a masterfully crafted cabin. A bit behind the house was a red barn. The place was untouched by the calamities ravaging the land. In the place of devastation and war was peace and prosperity. Wild animals rested in the large fields surrounding the house, and paid little mind to the travelers that arrived in the peaceful little thicket that had been so carefully hidden by a dense network of trees and shrubbery that yielded to none, and only the mistaken discovery of the hidden entrance had left the three that had gone inside the opportunity.

On the porch, resting in a large rocking chair, was a man. One that all three would be stunned to see. He was tall, around six foot five. His white hair curled around his head in a long messy, tangled mop. Unnatural red eyes were set in a cheerful smile on the man's face. His build was strong, and yet as he rested he read a book the belied intelligence in the hulking man. Only when the travelers approached did he look up from his reading, and the manor in which he did so showed confidence, and almost god-like arrogance. And as he did look up, the three would recogonise him as the man who had given them their powers, and taken their world away. The man who had orchestrated the uprising of the E.I., who had ordered Cal to carry out multiple heinous acts in the name of progress, and had tortured a little girl with an experimental drug.

It was Nicholas.

It was the First Founder.[/fieldbox]

Tyler Haak

Daisuke’s rant, though filled with emotion, really did nothing to change Tyler’s mind. She was still undecided about sticking together with the group for many reasons. Too many pros and cons on both sides of that argument. Part of her wanted to say that no matter whether they stayed together or not, she didn’t care. But that wasn’t entirely true. The only truly good thing they would get from staying together would be a family feeling, like Daisuke tried to explain from his point of view, though she was a little concerned about the hot step-sister comment. If she stayed with them, the chance of her getting to have a family one day was… well, very slim. After-all, no one actually marries the hot step-sister.

Thinking about it, what humanoid from this planet would want to marry and start a family with an alien from another planet who does nothing but draw in trouble? She’d made such a point earlier about wanting that for herself, but she wasn’t actually sure it could ever happen. She was going to live forever and probably never get to experience that kind of love. They probably all were. At least Lucien still had his daughter. Instead of inspiring them to live together like a family, Daisuke’s rant only depressed Tyler more.

It had take too long to find their way back. And the closer they got, the more death the saw. On one hand, at least it wasn’t death caused specifically by them. On the other hand, this wasn’t something they had any control over. Everything was dying. Food was so rare now, that anything they found would suffice and Tyler’s previously bottomless stomach felt as if it was shrinking into nothing. They may have been immortal, but they still needed to eat.

Tyler and her brother were leaning on each other as they walked, weary and weak from lack of food. The two separated so Christian could go help with the camp and without thinking, Tyler trudged on with Otto and Daisuke as if her instinct was stay with them. In a daze, she wandered on for another minute before a green glow invaded her peripherals. She stopped, lifting her head to determine where the sign of life was coming from. Somehow, the three of them had wandered into some sort of ranch. Tyler stared up at the trees, ripe with fruit - the first life she’d seen in days. Her mouth instantly began to water, and her eyes tore themselves regretfully away from the beautiful green giants to sweep across the land in front of them. Animals… fruit… food.

“Ah. We’ve died guys. Finally. Probably starved to death days ago and didn’t realize we’d crossed over. Despite our sins, we’ve been welcomed through the gates of Heaven.”

She muttered her words out with some combination of dry dramatization. There was even a dog, so awesome… Tyler nearly was able to smile at the creature until she spotted a person near it. Which she would have been happy to see if she hadn’t instantly recognized him as the man who destroyed their entire planet.

“Oh… Spoke too soon. We’re in Hell.”

The woman glanced around briefly.

“Shouldn’t Cal be here?”

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke could feel that he was in the minority. It felt like everyone had made up their minds already. They were on their last mission and it hurt every step of the way. As the walked back to the Capital Daisuke tried to lighten the spirits of his comrades but it was as if he didn't exist. Otto, Tyler, Lucien, Cal, Alkura, and Christian seemed to be lost in thought. eventually Daisuke stopped trying to lift everyones spirits instead he just walked.

Days turned into weeks, they walked for what seemed like an eternity. As they travelled they found disease, starvation and war break out on a monumental scale. People were dying, crops were drying up and livestock were disappearing. It reminded Daisuke of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. War, Pestilence, famine and death were exactly what they had met on their journey. Never had Daisuke felt so helpless. Every time it was as if they had just missed a thriving community one yo be greeted by one full of sickness.

Eventually they set up camp for the day. The three comrades set off to find food. They walked for a while until they came upon a farm that was untouched by the ravages of war. Tyler started talking about heaven but Daisuke was to focused of the food. He was just about to reach for an apple when he heard her say hell. He turned to see the reason for their suffering "Nicholas!" He yelled out. He tried running but he didn't have the energy instead he fell right beside Otto. "You dick." He said as he tried getting up, his stomach growling loudly.