A Not-So-Serious Fantasy Roleplay

C

Crispy

Original poster
Good Morning, Afternoon, and or Evening people of Iwaku.

I've been away from writing for a bit and would like to go about a not-so-serious fantasy roleplay that doesn't drag itself out over a very long time. Because of this I'd like to use the approach of Guilds sending out adventurers in order to allow shorter stories to take place in a consistent setting with lore that may change depending on exactly what's done. I haven't got much of a story or a setting right now, but have some previous settings I believe I could drum up into something fairly decent given a few hours or days time.

Overall the roleplay would be on the lower level of things and most problems would be a mix of lesser hindrances to the public like kobolds stealing sheep and goats or ransacking food stores in an effort to keep the roleplay away from hunting mythical creatures on day 2, as well as more serious events such as trying to prevent a necromancer from sacrificing children, or kids. Further to this I'd like to try and include some open ended events that would allow people to investigate or try and problem solve and see where it leads as opposed to railroading everything from the first step.

I would like to do a medieval fantasy setting complete with magic and other races the workings of which I would leave to you, but that I'd like to discuss obviously. I'll be available to post at least twice a week unless work has me away from home for that week, in the event of which I would inform everyone and or try to wrap up the adventure to allow for downtime. I'm also open to multiple characters and different characters for different stories if that might get more people interested in this.

Before I go any further though, I'd like to know if there's any interest in this or not and if anyone has any ideas they think would fit well in a not-so-serious roleplay about swords and magic and stolen sheep.

anyone has any ideas they think would fit well in a not-so-serious roleplay about swords and magic and stolen sheep.
Magic talking sword that won't shut up.
Werewolf farmer not knowing he is eating his own sheep at night.
Rat problem at the tavern.
Orcs/Bandits robbing merchants on the road.
Alchemist or other magic user looses control of their golem.

Reactions: PoetLore and Poofy
I would like a role play like this, and I may or may not regret this later, but I also like the idea of a talking sword that won’t shut up. No idea why, I just think it would be hilarious to have a sword bothering everyone for who knows how long and continually attempting to shut it up. If there’s no talking sword, for obvious reasons, I’d still like to join.

Reactions: Elle Joyner
This sounds horribly amusing...

Princess goes 'missing' and her father insists she needs rescuing, despite being completely aware she's run off on her own (with the court jester)

A plot to stop what is thought to be an assassination that ends up actually being a surprise party for the king...

Last edited:
Reactions: PoetLore and Toogee
Count me in. :D

I find this to be interesting as well :)

Damn, drive out of town to fix a fence and look what happens.

I'm going to get to work on something, but this is going to be a fairly generic kind of setting with regards to your typical fantasy tropes, so feel free to blast out some character ideas. I'm probably going to roll myself a cynical mage who's really just in it to test out some spells.

I'll probably have a rough enough to work with OOC up by Wednesday, or so.

Also, got the first two missions up for anyone wondering how kind of lighthearted / not-serious I intend for this to be right now.

“To all you at Silver Cat Guild, I got a job for you.

Someone's been nabbing my goats from me in the night and smashing up my fences. I've lost 4 of em so far and last night they even stole my mule. I'll pay whoever brings me the thieves three (3) gold pieces. Bring back my goats and I'll double it.

You know where to find me.

Reddi.”
“This matter must be completed with utmost discretion.

Recently there's been a growing infestation at my Tavern, and they aren't just rats. I think there's something in the river that's getting into the place and wrecking all the beer, but I'm not sure what.

If you clean out whatever it is I'll pay you three (3) gold pieces. No one outside of the guild can hear about this.

The Millstone Tavern, East of Ebrum by the Grazers River.

Artolt, Owner of the Millstone Tavern.”

I'm just going to work out a general description of the area and some basic limits to what you can expect in terms of technology and magic and I'll update it here before I create an OOC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Poofy
I think this sounds hysterical and I love medieval time myself, I think that can set up a lot of good jokes.. (Like the talking sword that won't shut up) Or something with the Court Jester, like he is really sad and making everyone else really upset, only to find it's a small problem.