A White Bunny meets a Dark Wolf (ScarletNovaxShinku⭐Kun)

1a3e7ef7c5f574f19e578ffd78e93cf7.jpg

Shiro and the Resistance turned their heads to look at Mei, hearing her response to Shiro. It seems that Mei, obviously, sees Shiro as her friend, her first friend, to be precise. She hated to admit it, but Mei was right. Ryunosuke was just a teenage guy like everybody in this school. Being ruthless and mean to him like he treats everyone wasn't the answer to solve everything. Maybe there was a pacific solution they could take and finally free Ryoo High for once.

As Mei kept talking, she wasn't backing out from her goal of defeat Ryunosuke and his evil reign. She will definitely teach him a lesson but in her own way. She also wanted to help Ryunosuke, explaining why she thinks he needed somebody to help him. That was like a bad joke for the Dark Wolf. Every villain has a backstory that explains why they decided to be evil, and it was obvious that Ryonosuke had one. Too bad he won't reveal such a thing, though. At least, not now.

When Mei smiled at her and told him once again that she will be always her friends and would never join Ryunosuke and his lackeys, Shiro smiled back and nodded happily. "You really want to help the Dark Wolf that badly, huh?" she asked Shiro. With a deep sigh, she nodded and turned around, crossing her arms. "This is not what I had planned, but... I guess we can help you with that. Mei-chan," said Siro, scoffing. "We have to "torment" him if we want him to tell us his backstory, though," she said, slowly turning around to face Mei again.

Sighing, Shiro took Mei's hands and smiled. "You can use the Resistance to help you with that new plan, Mei-chan, by the way. We will do pretty much ANYTHING to assist you."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ScarletNova
cecc3e625a2f50c96ebae9da470b953c.png
Mei was still a bit worried, afraid that they still would be upset with her, especially Shiro. But Shiro was an understanding person, right? And they might still be new at the friends thing between each other, but Mei was sure that they already had a strong relationship. It was stronger than just having a little disagreement with their reasoning and ideas.

But Mei felt sudden relief when Shiro said she'd would help out. Of course, she probably still had her doubts and would most likely want to do things a bit differently. But she finally understood some of what Mei was talking about. She was so glad to see Shiro back to normal when she took Mei's hands and smiled at her.

Mei returned the smile. "I'm sure you're still not too happy about my idea, I can understand. But we'll just see what happens, okay? I won't make you do anything you won't like or don't want to do either," she responded back. She knew that Shiro had said she would do pretty much anything, though Mei wasn't going to be someone who made anyone do anything they didn't want or agree with.

Then Mei let out a little sigh. With that out of the way, sort of. She figured that some planning was in order. "All right. Well, I guess, considering how many followers and power Ryunosuke has right now, we might need to add some more members to the Resistance," Mei then said. That was her first idea, at least for now.

"We need more people on our side." It was going to be tough to stop someone that had so much power, so they would need more people. Plus, they might be able to change some of his followers mind too, he'd lose power then. Other than that, she wasn't quite sure what else to do at the moment. She had to think about it and do some planning. Maybe the others would have some ideas.

And there was working on Ryunosuke personally, if he'd even talk to her again. He didn't seem to happy when they left each other at lunch. He might not talk to her at all anymore, besides rude comments though. But she would see what happens. That's all she could do. "We'll try to do some recruiting and go from there. You all okay with that?"

• Love
Reactions: Stray Shinku

"Oh, I can do something about that," said Hiro with a smirk, swooshing his hair to his right. "You see, as a member of the Student Council, I believe I can use my charm to get more people to join our cause." Hana scoffed and looked at Hiro with a mocking grin, putting her right hand in front of her mouth. "Aren't you that member of the Council that everyone ignores mostly all of the time?" she asked him, chuckling. Hiro widened his eyes. blushing embarrassed. "W-W-Where did you heard that Hana!?" he asked her in shocked, quickly looking at her. "I-I mean...! That's not true, baka! I'm as important as every member of the Student Council!" Yin and Yan chuckled after hearing that from Hiro, which made him glare at them as well, angry. "Oh, my God! You guys are bullies! With friends like you, I actually don't need enemies, damn it!"

Sighing and shaking her head, Hana turned looked at Mei. "I will help Hiro to recruit more people," she said and lightly patted the top of his head, making him pout cutely while crossing his arms, blushing a deep red. "I have some connections that could join us and even help me get more people as well."

After hearing Hiro and Hana volunteering to help with the recruiting, Yin and Yan quickly turned around and gave their backs to everyone. Then, they began to mumbled something between them. Shiro blinked in confusion as she looked at them. "Oh, what's the matter, Yin and Yan?" she asked the twins out of curiosity. "You guys know that the golden rule of the Resistance is to have no secret among us, right?"

After a moment, Yin and Yan quickly turned around to face everyone, smiling mischievously. "My sister and I decided to prank the Dark Wolf to show him that the Resistance is officially back," said Yin with a chuckle. Yan nodded. "We also planned to give his hangout place a visit too. We have to let his lackeys know that there are people in Ryoo High that will fight them back." Chuckling, the twins looked at each other and high five themselves. Hiro and Hana scoffed and smirked, kind of surprised. "I like your guts, twins," said Hana and Hiro nodded in agreement. "Just make sure the Dark Wolf don't catch y'all red-handed. I don't even want to imagine what he will do to you if he captures you."

Shiro smiled happily and excited after seeing everyone with plans to help the Resistance grow. "Alright, people, we got work to do then," she said, clapping her hands with a smirk. "Our next reunion is within a week. In the meanwhile, let's try to recruit and harass the Dark Wolf and his lackeys. Remember, though, to always be safe. Nothing of this will worth if we get captured by them or our Resistance hideout discovered."

Hana, Hiro, and the Twins nodded in agreement. Nodding as well, Shiro turned her head to look at Mei. "I'm going to call this the Phase 1 of our operation "Freeing Ryoo High", she said with some pride. "What do you think about it Mei-chan?"

• Love
The moment Mei heard that Hiro was part of the student council, she thought that might be very helpful in their endeavors to dethrone their 'dark wolf'. Like he had said, it might help them get more followers and if he convinced the student council to help them in their cause? That was be even better. After all, usually the student council were more of the leaders in school. It might be easier to get them on their side since they really didn't do their own jobs with Ryunosuke the way he was.

Though, it didn't seem like there might be some problems, as they claimed no one listened to him. Still, they would probably be able to work around that. Anyway, it seemed like some of them would work on getting some more members somehow so that was good. However, Mei wasn't so sure about what was going on when the twins had turned away. They appeared to be talking about something. Then they came back, stating they pulled a prank on Ryunosuke.

It was obvious on Mei's face that she grew a bit concerned about that. She was a bit worried. Pulling a prank on Ryu, that might not end well right now. It might be too soon for that and might cause some problems. Though, it appeared that everyone else enjoyed the idea. "I really hope...that it turns out okay then," she muttered. "A prank might make him angry and he'd be worse to deal with then."

At least Shiro was thinking about some of that as well, considering she was mentioning about everyone being safe. Mei nodded. "Yes, the most important thing is to be safe. I don't really think you guys should really mess with Ryunosuke directly right now. Just give me some more time to work on him myself. Some of those lackeys might actually be really dangerous, so just play things safe and think smart about it."

She glanced over at Shiro when she mentioned about the name. Really naming them? Mei let out a sigh but smiled. "Sounds good to me." She guessed they had to call it something, especially if they really were something as big as a Resistance. "All right, I think that's good for today." The meeting probably wasn't long, but Mei needed to think about some plans before they could do much really.

• Love

With nothing else to say and everything settle, Shiro left the HQ Room with Mei, leaving behind Hana, Hiro, and the Twins because they said they wanted to stay a little longer to play some board games. Shiro left them the keys of the Building so they could lock it after they leave. While walking through the hallways, Shiro was telling Mei how happy she was that she decided to join the Resistance. She also confessed that she was a bit skeptical about her plan in helping Ryunosuke in whatever issues he has, but she wanted to trust her. After all, that's what friends do and Mei became such a special person for Shiro since she met her yesterday.

As Shiro and Mei reached the Main Entrance of the Old Building, Ryunosuke slowly came out of nowhere and blocked their path. "You guys are really going to be stupid enough to go against me, huh?" he asked them, looking at them with a serious expression. A scoff escaped his lips and moved his eyes to glare at Shiro. "And you are back at it again with that silly Resistance. That's cute. Too bad it won't last that long, you fool."

Shiro squicked with fear and shock, automatically jumping behind Mei for protection, even when she wanted to be brave. She also was surprised to find the Dark Wolf right into the Resistance hideout. "W-W-What are you doing here, A-Aisaka-san!?" she asked him and Ryunosuke lifted his right eyebrow. "That's what I was about to ask both of you," he replied. "I thought you were the kind of girl that hated haunted places like this. Oh, wait, it actually isn't that way because you made everyone believe that with your tricks, right?" Apparently and unfortunately, Ryunosuke heard the whole reunion of the Resistance.

Mei widened her eyes and slowly held her head with both of her hands, tears forming in her eyes as she realized that her biggest enemy and target discovered everything she wanted to protect from him. "Oh, no..." she mumbled, sniffing and trying not to cry, but it was hard. "This... This is it... It's all over."

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Ryunosuke crossed his arms and rolled his eyes away from them. "Ugh, relax, you drama queen," he said and moved his right hand in a dismissive way. "I won't reveal anything of this to my gang." Then, he smirked and glared back at them. "I'm actually curious to see what you have planned this time. I hope you come with something better than the last time, though." Chuckling, he turned his head to look over at Mei. "I mean, you have the Bunny in your side," he said while pointing at Mei. "You want a war, huh? Well, it's on! I'm officially accepting your war declaration, White Bunny."

• Love
Mei left the room with Shiro, leaving the others behind. They had reached the entrance of the building when Ryunosuke suddenly appeared out of nowhere. In an instant Shiro had hide behind Mei. So much for being strong and brave but Mei understood. After all, this man probably did a lot around the school that Mei didn't even know of since she hadn't been there long.

What was worse though was that Ryunosuke apparently heard everything which meant he had been eavesdropping on them. How did he know where they were and how did he get there? Did he follow them? Why did he do that? Was he trying to figure out what Mei was doing because of this war she had called on him. Or was it something else?

She listened to what he had to say and when he officially accepted her war declaration. Mei's hands balled up into fists. "What the hell are you doing here anyway! Huh, puppy?!" she finally shot back at him after he was done his angry speech towards her. "Are you following me or something like that?" Though, it was odd that considering her tone was also a bit angry in return, there might actually be a slight blush on her cheeks. If he was paying attention enough, he'd probably notice it.

"And I was coming after you whether you accepted my declaration or not." She looked him into his eyes and for a moment, she might have actually smiled at him. Was it weird to do? Perhaps. But there was something about him. She had the feeling that it was going to be the end of her but she was going to throw herself head first into it anyway.

Because she actually liked this guy for some completely stupid ridiculously insane reason.

"And once I win, we'll have lunch together again."

• OMG

Ryunosuke growled with annoyance when Mei called him "Puppy", mocking him without showing a single sign of fear. He expected something like that for her, though. As he glared back at her, he noticed a slight blush on Mei's cheeks and he swore he also caught a cheeky smile as well. Did she was enjoying going against him that much or this was part of some plan the Bunny was working on?

Clicking his tongue, the Dark Wolf was opened his mouth to say something, but when Mei said she would've come after him whether he accepted her war declaration or not, a knot on his throat blocked his words. Blinking in confusion, Ryunosuke took a step away from Mei and glared at her with a serious expression, a faint pink blush covering his cheeks. "W-What the hell you are talking about, baka?" he asked her, stuttering because what Mei was saying caught him off-guard. She wanted to have another lunch with him when she wins this fight! Well, if she ever wins, which Ryunosuke thought it was impossible.

Scoffing and putting his hands inside his pockets, Ryunosuke stepped closer to Mei and looked down at her, grinning. "You already stating that you will win this fight?" he asked and chuckled with a mocking tine. "How cute, little Bunny. Too bad this big, bad Wolf will do ANYTHING to prevent that and defend what it his."

Gasping with anger, Shiro pushed in her glasses before stepping aside from her hiding, which was behind Mei. "You... How dare you think that Ryoo High is your property, you... Stupid Wolf!" Realizing she yelled at Ryunosuke out of anger and adrenaline rush, Shiro widened her eyes and covered her mouth with both of her hands, blushing a deep red.

"You better stay out of this, stupid sheep," replied Ryunosuke, slowly giving Shiro a death glare. "This is between me and the Bunny." Then, he snapped his right fingers before pointing at the exit. "Now, get out of here. I have some business to deal with you "savior angel." Shiro quickly shook her head and stood within a fighting stance, trembling with fear even when she tried to do her best to look cool. "I-I-I'm not leaving Mei-chan alone with somebody like you, bully!" she shouted at Ryunosuke. The Black Wolf sighed with annoyance. "I won't hurt her if that's what you mean," he said after a moment.

Shiro stood beside Mei and pushed back Ryunosuke away from her. "I said I won't! Now, leave alone Hime-sama." Ryunosuke widened his eyes when Shiro pushed him. However, what caught his curiosity was the words Hime-sama.

"Oh, they call you "Hime-sama"? Ha, that is hilarious and hysterical."

• Love
This guy was driving her crazy, especially with his replies. He was always trying to scare her or something like that. Well, frankly, Mei wasn't even scared of him at all. She didn't know why. Perhaps he really could be scary, yet she just didn't feel that way around him. Sometimes she was a bit hesitant because she was unsure what he would do. He seemed unpredictable. And she didn't want to put Shiro in danger. But she wasn't afraid. Not at all.

Though, the moment he got closer, Mei was more concerned about what he might do towards Shiro instead of her. Judging by his words, he didn't seem too happy by what she had said. And now he wanted to talk to her alone. Although, was that really a bad thing? It wasn't like he was going to be the other Ryunosuke she met the other day after school when Shiro was around.

Mei couldn't help but temporarily smile at her friend when she tried to act tough and protect her. In fact, she was just as shocked and surprised as Ryu when Shiro pushed him away a bit.

Suddenly Mei blushed when Shiro called her Hime-sama again though, and Ryu even made a comment about it. It's not like she told them to say that. It was just something they did. "At least it's better than 'Dark Wolf' and 'Big bad wolf'. What are you? Some type of fairy tale character?" she attempted to make herself feel a bit better. She almost felt like she was even more embarrassed about this than before, like it was even worse that Ryunosuke heard it.

Mei then released a sigh. She was getting too worked up about it. He wanted to talk to her alone, right? All right then. "Shiro-chan, it's okay. Just go ahead and go. Remember what I said to you earlier. There's more to this than just the rebellion. So, it'll be fine." She gave her pink-haired friend a smile, trying to prove to her that some alone time with this little puppy would be fine. Besides, Mei really wanted to know what he was going to say to her once they were alone.

• Love

When Mei replied to him that Hime-sama was better than being called Dark Wolf or Big Bad Wolf, Ryunosuke scoffed. He kind of agreed with her with that point, but on his mind, he didn't have the need to force people to call him with some random royal name because he knew he already was like some source of emperor around this school. So, instead of lashing out at Mei, he stepped back from her and turned to face Shiro, waiting for her to leave them alone.

Shiro widened her eyes when Mei told her to leave the building because she would be okay. What was confusing for the Dark Wolf was when Mei also reminded Shiro that being with him was more than just the rebellion. What in the world did she mean with that? Ryunosuke didn't have any clue and it was apparent that he didn't hear when Mei told the Resistance about her plan to help Ryunosuke become a good person.

Shiro didn't want to leave her best friend alone with somebody as dangerous as Ryunosuke, but she also knew that complaining about it won't make Mei change her mind. So, without anything she could do and totally worried, Shiro sighed and nodded. "F-Fine, I'll go, Mei-chan," she said and gave her a quick but tight hug. "But, please, call me when you reach your home or something happens. I won't be able to sleep if I don't hear from you after this, okay?" After she realized Mei from her hug, Shiro smiled at her before turning around. She gave Ryunosuke a quick glance with a serious expression before beginning to walk away, mumbling something under her breath that couldn't be heard by anybody.

Now that Shiro was finally gone and he was alone with Mei, Ryunosuke blinked once before turning his head to look down at Mei with his typical solemn expression. He locked his olive eyes with Mei's blue eyes for a long moment, all silent and without moving a single muscle. "Mmh... Do you really think you can win this fight, Mei?" he asked her, finally breaking the probably awkward silence. "They already lost this fight once before, you know? I guarantee you that nothing will change if you help them with this lame "Resistance" thing."

Even when he was speaking calmly, Ryunosuke's eyes was beating so fast that he was afraid Mei could hear it. It wasn't because he was scared or nervous with her. He has been feeling this same way since his encounter with her yesterday in her apartment when they touched their hands for the first time. Mei had something that somehow manages to make him feel so weak and vulnerable... And so exposed as well. What was more surprising for him is that, deep inside him, he actually enjoyed feeling all this awkwardness.

Was that a bad thing? He cannot tell.

Did he finally lose his mind? Probably, and the only one to blame was the beautiful girl with the sapphire eyes that was in front of him. How much he loved her eyes. And her lips... He didn't know why, but he felt this strong urge to grabbed Mei by her hips and pulled him closer to him and kiss her.

Realizing that he got lost in such wild thoughts, Ryunosuke quickly snapped out of them and cleared his throat, blushing a deep red. "W-Whatever, I don't care what you do," he said, swallowing hard and slowly looking away from Mei, trying to hide his flustered expression. "Don't you come crying to me after you and tell me that I didn't warn you about it."

• Love
Mei wrapped her arms around her friend when Shiro hugged her, then she patted her head to reassure her. "Don't worry, Shiro-chan. I'll be fine," she told her. "And I'll call you later to let you know about it." She could understand Shiro's hesitation. Ryunosuke did appear scary, but Mei just couldn't be afraid. She never felt like she was in any danger when she was with this guy.

She gave Shiro one last smile as the girl left the building, mumbling something that Mei couldn't hear as she left. She then turned her attention to the dark wolf and locked eyes with his. She really hated the fact that she could get lost in those eyes of his. Okay, that was a lie. She didn't hate it at all.

It was silent between them but Mei didn't have any urge to speak at all. In fact, she enjoyed the silence because that meant that they didn't have to go fighting each other. If only they could just stay quiet and enjoy each others company. Wouldn't that be nice? But he finally spoke and she released a sigh as she listened to his words.

She honestly wasn't sure about the outcome even when she was being so confident about it. But when she thought she caught the glimpse of a blush on his cheeks before he turned away, Mei's thoughts completely changed. He said he didn't care what she did but for her not to come crying to him after he warned her about it.

Damn. She just couldn't get angry at this guy even with the things he was saying to her. She looked away from him for a moment, putting them in silence again. It appeared like she might be contemplating something but a light pink blush was along her cheeks as she did so. Then her face finally turned back to his.

"Ryu," she finally said. "I'm not doing this because I hate you. I'm doing this because I want everyone to be happy and that includes you." Because despite having the rule of the school, he just didn't seem truly happy. She released another sigh and then gave him a small smile.

• Love

Ryunosuke's heart skipped a beat when Mei called him by his name. Blinking with surprised and with a faint blush on his cheeks, Ryunosuke slowly turned his head to look back at Mei. It was the first time in a long time that somebody, Kyouko being an exception, called him by his name. He tried to be cool about it, but deep inside, Ryunosuke was actually happy that he wasn't being called "Dark Wolf" for once, but hearing his name coming out from Mei made this moment more special.

What Mei said after calling Ryunosuke was completely unexpected. Even when they declared themselves a war and were practically enemies, Mei said she didn't hate him, which made Ryunosuke's heart sink with joy. She also admitted that not only she wanted to make everyone in this school happy but also wanted to make Ryunosuke happy.

After hearing such kind words and watching Mei warmly smile at him, Ryunosuke's olive eyes glistened while staring at her, thinking, for the first time ever, that Mei was a wonderful person. She was beautiful inside out and apparently knew what to say to slowly tame the wild and rebellious heart of the Dark Wolf.

Ryunosuke opened his mouth to say something to her, but nothing came. He was still dumbfounded by Mei's words. Blushing deep red, Ryunosuke stepped closer to her and stared back into her blue eyes, contemplating its mysteries. Noting that some of her black hair was covering the right side of her face, Ryunosuke slowly lifted his right hand and gently moved her hair aside and behind her ear. His heart was racing and his body was weirdly getting warmer than usual. Suddenly and again, the urge of kissing Mei stroke him and afraid that he wouldn't be able to control himself, Ryunosuke quickly stepped back from her while looking away, sighing deeply.

Scoffing, he put back his hands in his pockets and turned around. "Let's go to our place, Mei" he finally said, trying to distract his mind from thinking about everything that just happened. "My aunt will ask for you if she doesn't see you and will definitely scold me for leaving you alone around here at this time of the day. This place is quite... Scary and dangerous in the evenings." Those were a couple of excuses Ryunosuke said to hide the fact that he simply wanted to return to his apartment with Mei as he actually enjoys being around her.

Not minding waiting for Mei to reply, Ryunosuke took her right hand and began to walk out of the Resistance Building. The warm of Mei's hand was so familiar now that he blushed of embarrassment. But, yes, he admitted that his heart began to beat with excitement.

Last edited:
  • Love
The moment Ryunosuke drew closer to her, the pink in her cheeks turned to red as her blush darkened. His hand went up to her face and gently pushed away some strands of her hair that had covered face. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. She could hear her own heart pounding loudly and it sped up as she stared into his green eyes in silence.

It was at that moment that Mei remembered the dream she had earlier that day and her eyes drifted from his eyes to his mouth. In that dream he was about to kiss her. And suddenly right now she wanted---

He scoffed then turned away and spoke to her again. "Huh? Oh, y-yeah," she muttered back. She could still feel the rapid heartbeat in her chest and her cheeks felt like they were burning with heat. What was even weirder was that she was actually enjoying this feeling and she wanted to experience more of it.

Then she felt the warmth that was growing too familiar to her when Ryunouske suddenly took her hand and started to lead her out of the building. What was he doing? Why was he holding her hand? She could walk on her own. It wasn't like she needed him to lead her out of the place. Was it his way of trying to feel superior or something...

Still, the blush stayed along her cheeks. Was it so wrong? Was it so wrong to admit that she actually enjoyed when his hand was holding hers? She liked that warmth. She liked the way his hand just felt right in hers. She didn't want to let it go. It made her so happy. And she just didn't even know why.

They left the school building. Some clouds had covered the sky. "It looks like it might rain," she said to break the silence. "I hope it doesn't storm tonight." Mostly everyone at the school had left and if anyone was still around, it was obvious they weren't really anywhere that would notice the two of them leaving the old building together. Or them holding hands.

There was just one problem. She still didn't want to let go.

• Love

As they left the Old Building, Ryunosuke was glad that most everyone already left the school, which was good because nobody will be able to see him leaving the school with Mei, holding her hand like if they were a couple. When they exited Ryoo High, Ryunosuke was still holding Mei's hand and he had no intentions of letting it go yet, and he didn't have any particular reason for doing so. He was just enjoying her warmth, which somehow managed to calm him. He wondered if she felt the same way and hoped she wasn't uncomfortable with him holding her hand.

As they walked through a sidewalk, people that passed by Ryunosuke and Mei stared at him with smiles and giggles, thinking that they were such a cute couple. Noticing so many eyes on him, Ryunosuke blushed, but kept walking, not letting go of Mei's hand. They haven't said anything after they left the school, but as a group of dark clouds began to slowly cover the sky, Mei commented something about it, finally breaking the awkward silence. Ryunosuke looked up at the sky and nodded. "Yes, it probably will rain later this evening," he replied, agreeing with her. "I just hope it doesn't pour sooner because we don't have an umbrella."

After a quick while, Ryunosuke stopped in front of a pedestrian light. There's when he finally decided to slowly let go of Mei's hand and put his hands inside his pocket, staring at the light that was red. He wanted to hold her hand a bit longer, but because they were heading to their complex, he felt it was ideal to let go of the hand now or else he would forget, making his aunt see them. Even worst, her father could catch them like this and that was something Ryunosuke will definitely want to avoid at all costs. He hasn't met Mei's father yet, but it was pretty scary to think what he could do if he sees her precious daughter holding hands with a random guy.

"I'm hungry," Ryunosuke randomly said as he waited for the pedestrian light to change from red to green. It wasn't that surprising for him to be hungry by this time of the day and his aunt probably already cook some dinner for them. Suddenly, he remembered that Mei's father wasn't at her home when she arrived yesterday and he had the hunch that he arrived late at night. Blinking once, Ryunosuke turned his head to his right and looked down at Mei. "What about if you join me with dinner at my place tonight?" he asked her, inviting her to his home with his aunt. "Ko-chan makes a lot of food for just the both of us, so you joining us will be quite helpful to eat all of that."

A faint blush covered Ryu's cheeks and he slowly looked away, a little embarrassed and hoping that Mei to accept his invitation.

• Love
The feeling of warmth from his hand ran through her entire body. She knew that she shouldn't be holding the hand of her enemy. They were supposed to oppose each other and there was no way that involved holding hands. But there was something in her that refused to release his hand. Mei tried to ignore the stares they got. It wasn't like any of these people knew them, it wasn't like she was concerned about that, but they all seemed to be so giddy to see them together.

Were they that interesting? Did they like the two of them like this so much?

Was that so bad? She kind of liked it too.

She nodded when she heard him mention about it not pouring because they didn't have an umbrella with them. She hadn't known anything about the possibility of rain, so she hadn't brought anything to school for it. Though, the rain didn't really bother her as much. It was just a bit of rain. Eve if it was pouring. It was something else that she didn't want.

They paused at a red light and waited. But that was the moment Ryunosuke released her hand and slipped his into his pocket. Mei felt...disappointed. Yes, that's what the feeling was. It was like her heart sank into her stomach. The warmth had left her body. She had the urge to reach out and take his hand again. But she held it back.

She was so distracted by it though that she hadn't noticed he had spoke again. He said something about being hungry, right? But her blush darkened again when he asked her to join them. He added that his aunt always made too much so it would be helpful if she ate some with them, but to be honest, with the way he had asked her it didn't feel like that was the real reason.

"Well," she began to say. She really shouldn't. It probably wasn't smart. And she still needed something for her dad. But there were already some leftovers he could have. And he probably wouldn't come until later that night. And...

She glanced up at the clouds again. They had grown even darker. She fidgeted for a moment until she looked away from the sky and towards Ryunosuke again. She thought that she might have saw some pink on his cheeks before he turned away. "Okay. Your aunt would probably be upset if I refused again, right? So, all right."

The light changed to green and she continued to walk with him back to their apartment complex.

Ryunosuke was kind of surprised that Mei accepted his invitation for dinner after he sensed that she thought about it deeply. He was extremely happy about it, but act it cool to not let her know that. Still, he couldn't hold to genuinely smile while looking away from her, the blush of his cheeks darkening a little bit. When the pedestrian light changed to green, Mei began to walk forward and Ryunosuke followed her from behind, observing her attentively. Her beautiful black hair that reached to her knees was another feature he loved about Mei. She could be a little skinny, but Ryunosuke noticed Mei could still flaunt about her body, which was just perfect: she has long legs, nice hips, and butt, and a chest that even when it wasn't big, it was just right for her size.

Realizing that he was checking out on Mei out of the blue, Ryunosuke widened his eyes and quickly looked away, completely embarrassed and blushing the deepest tome of red a human can do. He cursed under his breath, telling himself to just calm the hell down and to stop trying to be such a pervert. He also hoped for his blush to fade soon so Mei couldn't see him like that and ask about it. "Why in the world I was checking her out, goddammit!?" he thought, sighing deeply while making a facepalm. "This is too weird, man. Why I have to feel and react this way when I'm exactly with her? I have no problem when I interact with other girls." Blinking once, Ryunosuke slowly uncovered his face and looked back at Mei with a faint blush now. "She's driving me crazy since yesterday. How can somebody do this? What does she have that makes my heart beat with force?"

A couple of minutes later, Mei and Ryunosuke arrived at the building complex where they live. Like if it was a dejavú, Koko, Ryunosuke's aunt, was sitting on a bench near the entrance of the complex. Nevertheless, instead of smoking, she was holding a portable device and a cup of coffee was laying on the bench beside her. It was apparent that she was reading or watching something funny because she laughed. When Ryunosuke saw her, he raised his right hand at her. "Yo, Ko-chan," he said with his usual cool attitude. "What are you doing?"

When she heard his favorite (and only on) nephew, Koko slowly lifted her head to look at him and smiled brightly. "Ah, Ryu-kun, you're finally here," she said excitedly, putting on the bench her device. "I made dinner already, so you can go ahead and serve yourself what you want, mmh?" As she noticed Mei's presence, Koko's eyes widened a bit as she stared at her for a while before looking back at Ryunosuke, scoffing with a smug face as she picked her cup of coffee. "Ho... Konbanwa, Mei-chan," she said, sipping her coffee. "Glad to see you again, my dear."

A drop of sweat appeared on the right side of Ryunosuke's forehead as he stared at Koko, obviously understanding what was going on. "I, um... Invited Mei to eat dinner with us," he said, already knowing that Koko will tease him a lot afterward. "I hope you don't-"

"Of course I don't mind!" Koko quickly said, interrupting Ryunosuke and smiling widely, truly excited. "Please, feel free to visit our humble home any time you want, Mei-chan! I'll be more than excited to receive you and maybe I can share with you some pictures of baby and toddler Ryunosuke." Gasping with shock and blushing deep red, Ryunosuke growled with annoyance and turned around to face Koko completely. "What the hell, Ko-chan?!" he shouted and Koko just giggled evilly, covering her mouth with her right hand. "Eeh... But we all know that those picture of you are the cutest, Ryu-kun!"

"B-B-But you don't have to show them to everyone, baka!"

• OMG
Mei wanted to turn back to look at him. She wanted to walk beside him. She wanted to hold his hand again. She knew all those things were crazy. Those thoughts shouldn't even be in her head. It was like she was going insane or something like that. But there was this weird feeling that kept coming up every time she had anything to do with Ryunosuke. Even weirder, it wasn't a bad feeling either.

They finally arrived at their apartment complex. Unfortuantely, Mei had never gained the courage to turn back and look at Ryunosuke at all, especially not any of the other things that had been on her mind. She stopped when they saw Ryunosuke's aunt waiting outside the complex like she had done the other day when they first met. She appeared to be reading or watching something she was into, but as soon as they arrived, she was focused on them.

"Ah, yes, it's nice to see you again too,"
Mei replied back. She didn't know why she suddenly felt so embarrassed to be there with Ryunosuke all of a sudden. It was like his aunt was catching them in something they shouldn't be doing together. But all they were doing was walking back home together. They did live in the same area after all. Even if they hadn't walked together, they probably would have ended up like this anyway because they had to go the same direction. Although, they really did walk home together...technically holding hands too.

Mei's blush started to return just when she thought she was getting rid of it, but having Ryu tell Koko about how she was coming to dinner, that embarrassment just seemed to come back even worse. "Oh, uh, thank you," she commented a bit surprised when she was invited to come any time. But somehow, when Koko mentioned Ryunosuke baby pictures that were super cute or something like that, and him getting a bit embarrassed about it, for some reason, Mei just started to feel better.

She smiled and let out a little laugh. "I don't know. I just might have to see those pictures," Mei finally said. Seeing a baby Ryunosuke, she really did bet they were adorable. And now she kind of wanted to see them. "To make it up to you, I just might let you see pictures of me too, how about that?" she added as she looked over at Ryunosuke and gave him a smile. Then she started to walk again so they could head inside. It was getting pretty late after all, and those clouds in the sky were getting darker.

• Love

When Ryunosuke heard Mei giggling, he turned his head to look at her and clicked his tongue with annoyance. "Tch... W-Whatever," he mumbled, pouting while crossing his arms and looking away, still blushing with embarrassment. But when Mei suggested that she can show him her baby pictures in an exchange of his, Ryunosuke widened his eyes a bit and slowly turned his head to look at her, kind of skeptical. He didn't know if she really meant that proposal, but when he saw her smile, he realized that she may be telling the truth. Surprisingly enough, he was actually glad about it because he was curious to know how Mei was when she was a kid. She probably was as cute like she is right now.

"We have a date then!" Koko said, breaking the short moment of silence between Ryunosuke and Mei as they looked at each other. She stood up with her portable device and now empty coffee cup. "Let's get inside, shall we? I have a feeling that it will be raining soon."

When Mei began to walk away, Koko quickly got closer to Ryunosuke and lightly bumped her right shoulder against his, chuckling mischievously. "Ne, ne... Do you like her?" he asked him out of the blue and Ryunosuke scoffed with shock, blushing deep red once again. "O-O-Of course not, baka!" he replied to her, but not loud enough, so Mei couldn't hear him. He sighed with annoyance and glared at Koko with a frown. "Cut it out already. You are embarrassing me and probably making her uncomfortable with your weirdness." Gasping as she felt offended, Koko scoffed and pouted cutely, filling her cheeks with air. "Ryu-kun you don't need to be so mean," she said and bumped him once again with her hips. "I'm just happy that you finally found somebody to love Aren't you happy as well?"

Ryunosuke sighed deeply and rolled his eyes, giving up completely in trying to make Koko stop teasing him. "Again, I don't like Mei. So, stop messing with me and stop talking like we are something. It's really... Weird." With nothing else to say, Ryunosuke began to walk inside the complex, following Mei's trail.

Sighing weakly, Koko stared at his niece from behind for a few seconds and smiled, shaking her head before following him from behind.

"Ko-chan... Did you make more food than you usually do?" asked Ryunosuke while sitting in front of a table filled with plates of food, and a big teapot of tea in the center of the table. Mei and Koko were also there, Koko sitting in front of Ryunosuke. The table was the typical Japanese food table that was short, so they had to sit on the floor with a cushion.

Koko giggled and nodded. "Ah, you noticed?" Koko replied with a question, picking a plate of some kind of sushi. "Believe me or not, I had a feeling you would be bringing somebody to eat with us tonight, so I did more food than usual." As she picked a couple of chopsticks, Ryunosuke blinked his eyes and frowned in confusion. "But... Why did you make more food than usual when you already cook that much anyways?" Koko shrugged and ate a piece of sushi. She munched happily and turned her head to look over at Mei. "Oh, darling, go ahead and eat anything you want," she said and swallowed her food. "You can also take some leftovers for your father." Giggling, she winked at Mei before eating another sushi.

Shaking his head and just letting this be, Ryunosuke picked some chopsticks and picked a bite-size riceball he ate at once. "You can feed the whole complex with all of this food," he mumbled, taking a piece of fried pork before eating it as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Mei headed inside the apartment building, unaware of what Ryunosuke and Koko were talking about behind her. In fact, she had no idea they were talking really, though considering they were aunt and nephew, they probably were chatting about something together. Mei took one last glance at the clouds covering the sky, then headed inside.

When they arrived at the apartment, Mei joined them at the table, sitting onto a free cushion that they gave her. There was a ton of food on the table. She was sure they wouldn't be able to finish it all. And it seemed that Koko really did make too much because she figured they would have company. Maybe she was planning attempting to invite Mei again or something like that before Ryu did. But there seemed to be way too much.

"Oh, thanks," Mei then said when Koko said she could eat whatever she wanted and also keep some leftovers for her father. She felt a bit strange. She rarely ever ate with anyone else. Her father was never home for dinner, so she usually ate all alone. And she didn't spend dinner over at other people's houses much because she had to make the food for her father. So, it was a bit strange to be sitting, eating dinner with Ryunosuke and Koko. Not to mention that it was Ryunosuke too.

But it was actually kind of nice. She might feel strange about it, but the atmosphere was nice, comfortable, and friendly. She picked up her chopsticks and grabbed some food to put on her own plate from the serving plates there were. The food did look really good. And it was nice to eat something she didn't cook for once. She took one bite and was in love. The food was great.

"You're an amazing cook, Koko,"
Mei told her after she swallowed her first bite of food. It was totally better than hers. She'd be embarrassed to give any of them their food after this. She took another bite. Then she could hear the sound of raindrops starting to fall outside. At least they had gotten inside before it rained.

"I don't remember it saying anything about rain in the forecast today." She glanced out a nearby window to look out at the dark skies. Rain was fine, of course but... She shook something out of her mind and looked over at Ryunosuke. They seemed to be eating a lot together, but she liked that. It was nice. She ate some more food.

• Love

Ryunosuke was skeptical of how this dinner with Mei and Koko would turn around and was totally surprised to see everything was going pretty good. All of them were enjoying the delicious food Koko made with effort and lots of love like she says. Once in a while, Koko talked about random things and Ryunosuke secretly looked over at Mei, realizing that she was enjoying this dinner time by just looking at the expressions on her face. He was glad she was happy with this and honestly felt good inviting her here. He knows how lonely it is to eat all alone and it's even sad when you have a father that's practically absent most of the time. He lived that when he was a kid, so he knew how hard it must be for Mei. He wondered why she wasn't angry at him or don't have any resentment towards him as he did. She even kept that little gift he gave her on her birthday a long time ago.

"Oh, you're such a sweetheart, Mei-chan!" Koko replied with a giggled as Mei praised her food. "I'm glad you are enjoying it. Cooking is not really that hard when you follow up the recipes and use a few tricks to give the food that unique touch." Ryunosuke shook his head with a scoff, rolling his eyes to his eyes as he heard Koko all excited after being preached by Mei. That only fed her ego more than it already was. "You know that a little bit of modesty is not that bad, Ko-chan?" he told her, looking at her while devouring a sushi. "You should try it someday." Koko scoffed and made a smug face while sipping some tea. "Ho... A little bit of brag is not that bad either, Ryu-kun," she replied. "You will learn this someday, my dear. Now, keep eating and don't forget to save a little bit for Mei's father."

Ryunosuke scoffed and looked away with a smug face as well, eating a squid leg. "Ho... I'm not making any promises..."

After a few minutes, Koko stood up from her cushion. "Oh, I'll be right back," she said with a smile. "I'll bring now the dessert. I hope you guys saved some space, mmh?" Ryunosuke smirked and raised his right thumb at her. "Huh... I'm always ready for some dessert, my dear Ko-chan." When Koko head toward the kitchen, Ryunosuke turned his head to look over at Mei and heard her saying something about the rain that finally began to pour from the sky. He was glad that they made it here just early. "Weather is unpredictable," he replied with a shrug.

When Mei shook her head to apparently ignore something that she probably was thinking, Ryunosuke tilted his head to his right, curious. As she looked at him, she couldn't hold himself to talk about it. "Are you okay, Mei?" he asked, taking a sip of tea that was in his cup. "I have the feeling that the rain is reminding you of something."

• Love
There was something about eating with others that made the meal so much better. She wasn't sitting there eating all alone like she normally did every night. And she was enjoying herself a lot. They just chatted and ate. It was a little surprising that it felt so comfortable. After all, she was with Ryunosuke and it was obvious that they really shouldn't be eating their dinner together. But maybe in the long run this would actually help with her plans. All she wanted was for him to open up more and treat people a little nicer at school.

Mei finished up her food just as Koko said she was getting dessert and she was left with Ryunosuke while his aunt was gone. But unfortunately, he had to notice that something was a bit off about her. How was he able to tell? What was she supposed to do or say? She really couldn't go telling him the truth could she?

She looked down at her empty plate as he mentioned the rain. "It's...it's nothing really," she mumbled. "It isn't the rain." She felt too pathetic to tell him about it to be honest. It wasn't like she was afraid to tell him the truth, even though he was supposed to be her enemy. It wasn't that she didn't trust him with the information. It was more like she was just feeling too embarrassed to tell him the truth.

Then just when she didn't want it to happen, a sudden loud rumble and a flash of lighting went through the sky. Her body jumped out of surprise and fear. Her eyes widened and her body started to shake a bit. No, it wasn't the rain that got to Mei. It was storms. Mei was terrified of storms. She closed her eyes, like she was attempting to make herself feel better but it was obvious it wasn't working at all.

She always hated it, being alone during a storm. She had dealt with it even when she was young. Every single storm, small or big, she was always alone during them. She could remember every time when she was little, all she would do was run into her room and hide in her bed, holding a stuffed animal in her arms and trying to ignore what was going on outside. Even now she struggled to keep herself calm when a storm came up and the best thing she could do was hold onto that same stuffed animal. But that stuffed animal wasn't available at the moment.

Another loud boom of thunder rumbled outside.