Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Fieldset:
Aachen_Rizen_Banner_B_-_Copy.jpg

This is the In Character Thread for Kenno Matsuri.
[ (Initial Wave) Interest Thread ] - [ Out of Character / Signups ]

Previous Entries
[ Hymn of Origin ]

Fieldset:
[ Journal ] - [ Bestiary ] - [ Manual ]

Last edited:
Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Outside Village Apothecary]

"...gh! My Lady!"
"L-lady Moriya where in the world are you off too!?"

Lady Kiri by the rest of the party's standards, ran at a very slow pace towards the Maplegrounds.
The travelers were left generally awestruck.

Gyoku dusted herself off and spat out another heckling of blood out of her mouth. She walked over to the heap that was Saburo.

"...Just as I said, there was no chance of me winning that battle."
"Meddling Doven. My lady would've been quiet for just a bit longer if you hadn't interfered."

The shadow turned to the party.

@Rithas

As she did so, she lifted Saburo up off the ground. Giving him and encouraging push forward.
Interestingly enough, despite the severe pounding, he stumbled forward.Though aching and a bit dazed he hadn't actually bled.
In truth, Tsubaki had actually received actual cuts. Though the blows only tore up her dress a bit.

Still, Seeing Gyoku like this.
Was she holding back the entire time?

"Goodness. My lady always causing so much trouble for everyone."
"Your collective combat skills leave much to be desired. But, given the number of you who stepped forward. I suppose that's enough to keep her from getting killed."

Gyoku crossed her arms, looking very displeased with herself.

"Our match gets cut off right after I got to say all those cool things too. How non-climactic."

The doctor ran up to Gyoku. Inspecting over her worriedly. He.. rather heartlessly went right past the stumbling and disoriented Saburo.

"Gyoku! Goodness. What sort of stunt did you just pull!?"
"Testing their strength and trustworthiness. I remain unsatisfied by the way."
"You're bleeding!!"
"...Yes. Bit into the side of my mouth. Not an issue."

The doctor gave a long sigh.

"By goodness."
"Gyoku."
"Yes?"
"...Apologize."

Gyoku gave a skeptical expression.

"As your FATHER. I say apologize for fooling our guests like this. They helped Lady Cirika defeat the dragon."

The shadow heaved her shoulders. Ultimately, she did as she was told.

"...I'm very sorry."
"Explain yourself."
"A whole lot of that. Most of it anyway. Was but a ruse to gauge your power and intentions."
"Though, I'll reiterate. I remain unsatisfied."

"That's enough."

The doctor looked to the travelers. Shaking his head at his daughter's behavior.

"...Gyoku has wind affinity. Thinking it through, given Lady Kiri's physical regimen, she likley made herself faint trying to overpower Gyoku's wind force that was emulating the sound of strangulation on her."
"Yes, that suprised me as well."
"Basically, my daughter, as disrespectful as that was to Lady Moriya, didn't actually do anything to her."
"....Yes. I had also tried best to hold back when fighting you all as well. But... I'm afraid my muscle memory took over when I attacked the purple haired one there."

Off to the side, Saburo almost fell over. He was almost fully recovered though.

Gyoku's expression eased up a little.

"I had no intention of harming my Lady. I assure you. Though of course, that may be hard to believe since I'm such a talented actor."

The shadow have a sly expression, showing her confidence in her acting ability. For the rest of the party... they were still in varied states of confusion. Certianly, if this was some type of video game, there would likely be some kind of comedic background music playing.

"....No hard feelings?"

@_Everyone

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

The shadow began to close the gap between her and Saburo a lot faster then he was comfortable with. Catching her eyes beofre she rained down upon him. Saburo got the forboding sensation that this was going to be quite painful.

It was.

Pain exploded from all of his sides as Gyouko slashed at him. Yet he couldn't help but get the underlying feeling that somehow eyebrow girl was still inflicting pain on him.

Of course, the assualt on him was not over. As he was knocked over by a particularly hard hit. Before being lifted in the air. Saburo would have winced in anciptation, but his whole body was spasming with pain already. So that seemed kinda moot.

"Dancing Blade Chaos!"

The getting smashed into the ground didn't hurt Saburo too much. Seeing as by that point he had already fainted from the pain.

Nothing was there.

He had awoken to the sight of Kiri running. She wasn't dead then. At least. But something else seemed amissed with this view...

There was nobody fighting.

"W-wuh-"

He felt himself picked up from the Saburo-shaped hole in the ground. Turning his head the fraction he could without potentially feeling like he just tore his head off. It was none other but the very person who had caused this to him. He blinked a few times, but even through his blurry vision he could tell it was her. Surely she wasn't about to keep beating on him.

No, rather he was push forward. Saburo stumbled forward for a few steps. Before transitioning into a forever half-falling half-running type of stride.

As he wandered around aimlessly, he picked up on what had actually happened.

"....Yes. I had also tried best to hold back when fighting you all as well. But... I'm afraid my muscle memory took over when I attacked the purple haired one there."

It did not improve his current mood.

"I had no intention of harming my Lady. I assure you. Though of course, that may be hard to believe since I'm such a talented actor."
"....No hard feelings?"

Saburo whipped around, finally able to at least stand in the same spot for longer then two moments. He stared at Gyouko with an muddled expression.

"Y-you...."

And for just the tiniest of moments. Saburo had quite the violent thought involving his whip and her neck.

If only you could.

Saburo shivered to himself, this ghost world was getting to him. "Whatever....You're dead anyway. Stupid...."

@Ehb
@Whateves[/hr][/hr]

]
Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds]

He froze. When he saw Saburo go down and his knives just fall uselessly he froze. He moved quietly away, as Runara and the others attacked. Well, he always had a bad vibe about Runara anyway so this really didn't change much, he told himself.

Was he just afraid of really hurting someone? As everyone charged forwards, Kei fell further back. Were they really going to kill her? He couldn't... how could he...

Suddenly Gyoku started to laugh and say that the match was done. That it was all some kind of joke and that everyone was fine. However, Kei couldn't forget that he'd stabbed her. Everyone else left her fine or used the back of their blade -except for Tsubaki but that didn't really leave much of a mark- but he'd stabbed her. Then he froze.

"....No hard feelings?"

Kei closed his eyes and suddenly the fear seemed to have vanished. Just like putting on a mask, it was easy to make it all go away. Lock it up in a small box.

"I won't apologize for stabbing you though. We don't have time to be playing around when a coup is going on."

Kei brushed them off and leaned against a tree. He looked indifferent. He told himself that he was.

@Ehb
@Everyone

Rumiko Mitsurugi
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Apothecary, streets?]

Furrowing her brow at the small Gyoku, this reason was one of the more idiotic things she had heard, reminding her of the Shang Official that landed her in this mess in the first place, blind to the plight of others, the starvation of her people, this one did need a lesson taught aftercall. Noticing she was ignored, the insults and cries of Traitor being thrown back and forth seemed to bother her more than the Miko's own assault, preparing to rush forward, Rumiko fully intended to make good on her threats to drop the small girl on her head...

At least until the little Princess finally woke up, shouting her own heartfelt plea and demands of the situation.. Still reaching her arms to grab the eyebrowed shorty, even as Tsubaki got a bit of the slice and dice treatment, the Miko stops her grab with a disappointed gaze to her face as the situation is peacefully ended, with the Apothecary hurrying over to Gyoku.

[color=#[/COLOR]b30000]"I didn't punch her in the face.."[/color] Rumiko says quickly and defensively at the Apothecary's worried words, both hands up and to the side with palms outstretched. Furrowing her brow and reaching into her robes, Rumiko grabs her journal and quill pen, writing a few things in it in a hurry while mumbling to herself. (@Ehb )

Taking note of Subaru awakening, there was also the small issue of Tsubaki's clothing.. She didn't have any deep cuts fortunately.. And the Pirate Lord didn't seem no worse for the wear, though the Doctor seemingly did not care about him and he seemed more than a bit confused.. "Eh just walk it off pirate lord, the little Princess doesn't want to let us rest it seems." (@Rithas )

As the mentioned Apothecary and shorty began their own conversation, it seemed she wasn't satisfied with the battle, and in testing them, earning a dead pan stare as the Miko scribbles more in her journal speaking flatly. "Oi, do you want to get hit like that again? I rather hit the people in that tower who are actually corrupt." (ehb)

Turning her attention now towards Kiri, she was in a hurry it seemed, taken the Doven in tow in a quick walk towards the tower, seemingly insistent on dealing with this problem here and now.. "Wai-...t. Okay.. We'll just have to cook on the move." (@Luma )

Closing her Journal, the Miko shoves it at the Apothecary, then pulls out the leek she had found, dropping it, she quickly dives down snatching it up. "It's Mine!" Likely as hungry as the Bear she matched in size, the Priestess is quick to take a bite out of garden weed like object, before breaking the roots off and separating them, she didn't have any intentions of sharing it or even telling them about it, justifying her actions as she chewed as a gift of the Kami.

"First part of my journal..skip the first fifteen pages.. You'll find a glossary of Roots and edible plants for the next few pages. It won't feed you all alone, but it will help, set about cultivating them according to instructions, get help with it." Hitting a fist into an open hand as if struck by a sudden thought, Rumiko runs into his house, "borrowing" a robe of some sort, the rice and a needle with some suturing thread, stopping to look at the doctor, she smiles her not so friendly smile.

"If you read the other pages and tell anyone else what's in it, you'll find the Kami will be highly angered at this.. And I'll be wanting that back." (Ehb apoc again)

Tilting her head to say goodbye, Rumiko turns her attention towards Noriko, pushing the bowel of rice towards him and then inclining her head towards Kei. "Amagawa, on the way, put this rice into those water bottles and stir them around vigorously. We'll pick up some birds I can dress and split, have Kei get the bottles boiling, a poor man's Chicken and rice, we can eat that on the move." (@Accelerator @Karyra )

"Tsubaki, would you like for me to try fixing your clothes, or do you at least want this robe?...I mean you are still better dressed than your master..." (@Miya technically loud enough for @LowDefinition to hear)

Finally turning her attention back to who or may not be eyebrows chan from their own world, the Miko gives a quizzical look. "Why would I hold that against you? I actually am a Shrine Priestess... Don't look at me with such doubt.." She says in advance before looking around the roadside for any other items she could add to the soup collection, or possibly whatever meager handouts the villagers would give them. Normally the Miko wasn't so take charge of the situation, but she wanted this madness done and over with before the coup forces could dig in and fully take control.

Last edited:
#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

Tsubaki stalled Gyoku long enough for Rumiko to deliver a decisive blow. The battle went on as planned, although she finally realized that she had cut Runara's feelings, but this was not the time! A little bit more and it will be over. Tsubaki held her ground when Gyoku attacked her with everything she had. It was painful, yet she managed to stand and even threw a smile at Gyoku. The noble was going to retaliate, until...

Kiri suddenly regained her consciousness after being held by Runara. However, it seemed like she did not receive any permanent injury. She then stood in front of Gyoku as if she was shielding her. She even offered an invitation towards Runara, telling her to follow her to the Maplegrounds.

("... What the heck is going on here?")

Tsubaki could only look at Kiri with a gaping mouth, frozen in her combat draw stance as she was unable to comprehend what has just transpired. Did she made a fool of herself and made fun of? What happened next however, had blown whatever was left of her senses. Gyoku and the apothecary noticed that Kiri was running off. Tsubaki merely watched the scene unfolded between the apothecary and Gyoku, while still frozen in her previous pose, with her awfully shocked expression. Then her mouth opened even wider when the apothecary announced that he is Gyoku's father, angrily demanding her daughter to apologize to the party.

"A whole lot of that. Most of it anyway. Was but a ruse to gauge your power and intentions."

Tsubaki felt an imaginary blade stabbing at her heart when Gyoku explained her actions, forcing her to let out a painful, but stifled grunt.

("SERIOUSLY?! What in my ancestors' hell with this world? I know I'm crazy but I'm not crazy enough to do that!")

At least the father felt extreme remorse from Gyoku's actions. That was the saving part, if anything. After listening to both the apothecary and Gyoku had said, it also seemed like Kiri took the advantage of the situation as well. Then...

"....No hard feelings?"

Another imaginary blade stabbed at Tsubaki's heart once more. This time, she could not stifle her own grunt of pain. Saburo immediately gave up at the scene, although Kei remained indifferent. As for Rumiko, she remained the same, although she got ticked off by Gyoku's antics.

"Tsubaki, would you like for me to try fixing your clothes, or do you at least want this robe?...I mean you are still better dressed than your master..."

The noble tried to respond to Rumiko, but ended up dropping her weapon, before letting out an incoherent speech. Once she has turned to the Kousen Priestess, Tsubaki collapsed to the ground, twitching and foaming due to unbearable humiliation and shame. If anything, this is her first time feeling so embarrassed that she wants to crawl into a hole and die.

"Gyoku... Hagakure...! I hope Hell... will be a permanent residence for you...!"

She angrily but weakly muttered to herself.

@RedArmyShogun
@LowDefinition

Reactions: Rithas
Runara
Runara_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Outside Village Apothecary]

Persistent.

Why? Why did Gyoku kept on fighting even though her view is warped and she was outnumbered? And why did she keep up with this petty fight when there's a crisis at the Keep currently happening!? Even going as far as insulting everyone's views.

Kiri woke up, but strangely she didn't seem all that wounded, even she didn't had some signs of sustaining choking damage. Now that she thought of it... If Saburo were to receive that attack he wouldn't come down like that, he'd probably already in pieces... Kiri went on to go between the travelers and Gyoku in an attempt to stop this fight. Before deciding to head to the Keep herself.

She would then reaches out to Runara as if inviting her to come along. "Come along, Runara. We ‘useless’ people will take the lead."

Runara nodded before glaring at Gyoku, there were slight hint of embarassment and a whole lot of anger. "You're despicable." She said before making her way following Kiri to the Keep.

While on their way to the Keep, Runara couldn't help but to wonder if Gyoku really meant that. But to go to that end just to probably 'test' them... No way, that would be too stupid. But... It wouldn't hurt to ask, right...? With that in mind, on their pace to the Keep. Runara glanced at Kiri as they kept walking.

"Kiri... Did Gyoku really... Strangle you?" She asked that question in particular, to confirm what she suspected about why Gyoku acted that way earlier...

@Luma
@Ehb
@_GOODBYEANDGOODNIGHT

Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds]

"Amagawa, on the way, put this rice into those water bottles and stir them around vigorously. We'll pick up some birds I can dress and split, have Kei get the bottles boiling, a poor man's Chicken and rice, we can eat that on the move."

Kei grabbed the rice and began to follow the orders of the Miko. She had a point, while they were hungry, Kei also really wanted to get as far away from this spot as possible. Enough had happened here and he didn't want to stick around for someone to ask any further questions. "Got it. But we should hurry. I'm pretty sure that things get worse with time, people settle into their spots and create more order..." (@RedArmyShogun )

He quickly moved to keep up with Kiri and the rest of the group once the water bottles were set. It seemed like Runara and Tsubaki were upset about the things that happened and if Kiri was okay. He should ask too... but after Runara's and his own 'confession' there was no point in him butting in now. However... he did also really, really want to know.

"So... Runara. About that Doven Princess business you yelled about earlier..."
Kei said. "Was that true or were you just trying to get Gyoku to stand down?"

Well, somebody had to ask and they had a moment. Plus, any other time wouldn't be right. Plus, at the rate things were going they didn't have a lot of time for casual chats. Certainly couldn't when they were under fire from crossbows and swords and all sorts of other things.

@Ehb
@LowDefinition
@Everyone

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

The purple haired boy was able to start garbling out some words as he started to come to.

"Y-you...."
"Hm?"
"Whatever....You're dead anyway. Stupid...."

@Rithas

Saburo generally seemed to be dissatisfied at how his luck had turned out for that battle. Gyoku couldn't blame him. While he didn't actually get hurt in any lasting way, his pride probably took a big hit there. There was no use trying to cheer him up about it though. Given the circumstances, he'd probably just end up being more resentful if she tried to reach out.

Kei spoke up next. He voiced an unapologetic sentiment.

"I won't apologize for stabbing you though. We don't have time to be playing around when a coup is going on."

The boy with the knife whisked themselves away.

@Karyra

"How cold. Brrr."
Gyoku sighed. She looked away from him as she did so.
That fight did reveal one thing for her though. That person was most certainly not Hiro. Despite all appearances. Comparing this traveler to him was like comparing an adult to a child.

Rumiko did quite a few things. Commenting on the general state of things, the most notable things the muscled woman did was hand the Doctor her journal. Citing that in it's contents that it detailed edible plants and growths that would otherwise go unhindered. She was also particular about not wanting him to read anything else.

The doctor received the journal gratefully, though hesitantly.
There was the possibility that given the woman's apparent travels there was something to be learned from the entries written. But somehow, it felt like the slim chance of learning anything new (given that he was already the town's Apothecary) was not worth the possibility of invoking the muscled woman's wrath. He had seen the things she was capable of firsthand. While Gyoku could stomache it, it was likley that he'd snap a bone cowering in fear.

The doctor could see she did seem to be trying to help as she could. So he voicelessly expressed his thanks with a slight bow.

Finally, Rumiko directly gave a passing reply to Gyoku's question:
"Why would I hold that against you? I actually am a Shrine Priestess... Don't look at me with such doubt..

@RedArmyShogun
"What in the Neithare is a Shine Priestess?" Gyoku questioned. That was literally the first time she'd ever heard the term before. Sure, people made 'shrines' in reverance to the dead or like. But what in the world was a priestess? "Does it have something correlated with your physical stature?"

There was no chance to capitalize on a discussion of the finer points of Rumiko's sect and it's hierarchy sadly. Tsubaki plopped onto the ground. Cursing her fate, she caught everyone's attention.

"Gyoku... Hagakure...! I hope Hell... will be a permanent residence for you...!"

"W-what? You were serious about all that?" Gyoku said in a half laugh. "Ah... sorry! I just.... that's...Ahaha!"
"Gyoku! Do not laugh!" The doctor scolded.

The shadow tried, and generally failed to hold back her amusement at how that turned out for the Swordstress.

"You're despicable." The doven spat as she went off after Kiri.

Gyoku wrapped her stab wound from Kei. She cut it with a spare Kunai Knife and tied it secure. She looked to the people remaining.

"Well. I shall see you at the maplegrounds, then."
"Also, Dad?"

"Yes?"
"Can you Step back a couple?"

The doctor backed away. As soon as her father was at a safe enough distance, Gyoku disappeared in a puff of smoke. Actually in truth, it was a puff of dust.
With the aid of wind force she propelled herself towards the meeting place. Crossing over rooftops to arrive at the entrance to the Maplegrounds.

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Maplegrounds Entrance]

The way into the Maplegrounds was cordoned off. The gate that was guarded by a couple of sleepy guards was now heavily guarded by guards still loyal to Daimyou Ikkikari.
Irritatingly, by the time Kiri and co. arrived, Groku was beyond the blockade. She was talking with other shadows and guardsmen. Likely planning the next course of action.

"Ah. Doctor Hagakure. Please go on by. The wounded are in the storage room by the gatehouse."

The doctor, carrying his equipment and supplies in his arms was allowed on through. Though, when one of the party members attempted to follow, they were blocked crossed spears wielded by the guardsmen manning the gate.

"No entry to townspeople or nobles until the situation is resolved!"

The guardsman bellowed loudly. It sounded like they were getting annoyed at having to repeat it.
It seemed that as fast as Gyoku arrived, she did not bother to give Kiri or any of the travelers any special permissions. Or more than likely, things were still generally chaotic and it was an insignificant thing to relay.

But, Kiri already got a glimpse of how bad things were getting. Off to the side, Guardsman and even townspeople were being treated for injuries. Based on passing conversations there were people who were shot at by people in the Keep, and some servants and guards who had escaped from the castle before it was locked down. A couple of the townspeople were worrying over the fate of the Lord's Family, and about Cirika's fate after she went with the travelers to fight some sort of dragon.

In a more festive tone, some Villagers were roasting some of the Swallow Beaks that they managed to gather. The guards were actually having more trouble trying to keep that under control than anything else here. As people were huddling a little too close, threatening to trample the fire and gathered up birds.

The party had the option to mull around for information among the gathering of people here, or try to get past the guards, involving themselves with taking back the Keep.

@Luma

"Hi Kiri, check out my armor! Oh- I mean, Lady Moriya I've a message!"

Suddenly, a lone guard approached Kiri and the party.

"From Gyoku: They say that this is as close as you're to get. You wanted to... see it for yourself? So here it is. Please save some of the Swallow Beak for the townspeople. Unqote."
"That is all."

The guardsman finished. Curiously to the party though, he awkwardly remained where he stood.
Kiri knew though. As a noble she had to properly 'dismiss him back into his duties'.

Kiri recognized this particular Guard. This one was named Tsuma. Though he was a commoner he, Kiri, and the other village kids played together when they were all kids.

It seemed like Gyoku wasn't letting Kiri or the travelers close to the keep that easily. What should they do?

@_Everyone

Last edited:
  • Love
Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

Saburo sent a dirty look at Rumiko as she told him to walk it off. "Y-You weren't the one used as a human shovel!". Dammit, now the prevailing thought in his head was that if it was Rumiko had suffered that she would have still been going through the soil at this point. (@RedArmyShogun )

The Pirate King jumped when Tsubaki collapsed to the ground. At first, the dread of there being seriously wrong her physically filled his mind. But as another second passed and the image of what was happening got clearer, He frowned. He knew this feeling well. When Gyouko had the gall to laugh at this scene that she herself had caused. Saburo felt his hand grip the handle of his whip.

Hopefully she had died a terrible death. That was a weird sentence, Saburo mused. But it was true.

As the disliked shadow left. Saburo shuffled over to the flailing body of Tsubaki. "Erm...I don't think many people were listening anyway. I-I'm pretty sure I w-was unconcious...so...um...." (@Miya )

"Yeah....."

"No entry to townspeople or nobles until the situation is resolved!"

Saburo raised an eyebrow. Of course Gyouko had not bothered to tell the guards that they were coming in. He wondered how far his opinion of her could go down. He was reaching new lows here.

Adding to his irritance. The villages were eating their food! Oh you could go on about helping those less fortunate and all. But fortune and him hadn't seemed to meet yet and most importantly the villagers hadn't fought a bloody dragon to get those swallow beaks!

Saburo's stewing was broken by a guard approaching them.

"From Gyoku: They say that this is as close as you're to get. You wanted to... see it for yourself? So here it is. Please save some of the Swallow Beak for the townspeople. Unqote."

The Pirate King's head turned slowly. In such a way that one would feel obliged to add the noise of a door's hinges creaking. His head seemed to turn just a little farther then any healthy sapien should be able to do. Kiri felt Saburo's eyes on her. "Huh. Isn't that interesting." (@Luma )

He smiled in a way that one could only describe as daintily. "And you mentioned Gyouko was your own personal shadow. Yes?"

[/hr]

Eimi
EImi_2_2.jpg

A girl ran through the crowd and group. Dressed in an almost military style uniform. She stop herself with a simple stamp to the ground as the guards blocked her with the spears. Tiredly repeating the same statement that they had to have been for the last hour or two. Despite the girl's best efforts at diplomacy. Which seemed to amount to a few grunts in differing tones. The guards refused to let her through, citing "orders".

"Stratocumulus! I am here to assist! To be blocked here is a missed face!"

Eimi seemed blind to the fact that her friend was close behind her.

"Is it not a Knight's honour to be there for their lords and ladies. Family and Friends!?"

@Ehb
@Luma
[/hr]

A Discussion of Dreams - Noriko Amagawa and Runara Blazeheart
iBJmVVk.jpg
Runara_Ico.jpg

Runara lays down on the wooden shrine floor. Wondering whoever else to approach in the group that got screwed over by other competitors in the tournament.There were a lot of interesting fellows to meet, even with her servant around. She still needs to get along with some of the people here to survive.

Looking around, she noticed a black haired man. She would approach him... But the thing is, with her outfit being as it is, it probably gives off an imagery of her being a brothel worker if she approaches first. So she rises up to a seated position and looked at that man.

Stare...

Wagging her tail around, she kept staring at the black haired man. Probably unaware that she's being weird herself. But she would keep staring, and staring... and staring until the man noticed her and approaches her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even though he was one of the first to wake up, Noriko made no sudden moves to get a bearing on their current situation other than his conversation with Tsubaha earlier.

He felt the need to pace himself since it really wasn't a good idea to overexert one's body after just being poisoned. The best way to relax would be to go back to sleep but he feared that if he decided to doze off after just waking up from being poisoned then he'd truly bite the dust this time around.

So he settled for the second best method that his master taught him: meditation. As he was trying to focus, however, he couldn't help but get the feeling like he was being watched.

Scanning his surroundings for anyone eyeing him suspiciously, his eyes inevitably met with a black haired fox doven who seemed like she was trying to punch a hole right through Noriko with how intensely she was staring at him.

"Meditation's not gonna work unless I get the thought of being watched out of my mind. Better sort things out with her first."

After an exasperated sigh, Noriko approached the doven casually before asking her a question in an uneasy voice.

"Um,... have we met before? Because you've been staring at me super hard for quite a while now. I haven't done anything to offend you, have I?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Upon noticing that the black haired man see Runara staring intensely at him. Runara immediately looked away, realizing that she's been staring at him. It was probably rude of her to just stare at him.

Oh no, he's approaching! Is Runara going to be in trouble?. . . She squeaked in surprise when he adressed her uneasily. "Umm... Uh... No, it's nothing of the sorts really..." She looked down, visibly fidgeting her fingers. "I um... Just wanted to get to know you... I mean!" She suddenly looked straight at him, but she turned down once again. "You know... I just doubt myself on how to approach you, considering how I dressed and all that so um... Sorry for staring..."

The black haired swordsman could be seen sighing in relief upon realizing that he hadn't done anything to wrong the Doven woman in any way. It seems that she was just curious about him, though knowing that in itself was a bit weird for Noriko.

Usually, he was the one who takes the initiative towards befriending others. He just hasn't been actively socializing with anyone in this disgruntled group of people because everyone looked like they'd rather keep to themselves at the moment. No surprise there, since that's what getting set back worse than square one does to people.

"If there's any better time to get to know each other, then it's right now. I'm guessing we won't exactly have any time to sit around and talk like this once we get moving since everyone should be adamant about getting their bells back." He explained.

"And if you're worried about your dress, don't. I may be from the Jiao Jing Wushu School but I wasn't born in Shang land. I'm a Tousawan Migrant, and I practice a style of swordsmanship developed by my Master, who's also a migrant. It was her connections that got me admitted to the Wushu school in the first place." Noriko said enthusiastically

"What I'm trying to say is that I've been exposed to different cultures and met different types of people. Sure, your attire is, how can I put this... a bit of an eye-catcher, but it does have its charm and makes you look very alluring. I haven't met many Doven in my life but most of the stories my Master told me held very high regard for your people so I would assume there's a perfectly good reason regarding your attire. If I have to make a guess, it's either a ceremonial or traditional outfit."

Realizing what he had just blurted out aside from the fact that he had been prattling on without so much as telling the Doven woman his name, Noriko blushes from ear to ear and breaks his gaze from the fox-girl in embarrassment.

"Whoops... there I go again. Being a chatterbox without even introducing myself. Sorry about that." He mused.

After clearing his throat and regaining his composure, Noriko extends his hand towards Runara and smiles at her warmly.

"My name's Noriko Amagawa, a student... of sorts... at the Jiao Jing Wushu School. Hobbies include, reading, training, and fishing when i have the time to spare. I'd rather we would have met in more favorable circumstances but it's a pleasure meeting you regardless, Miss..."

Crap. He forgot that the Fox Doven hadn't given her name yet. He didn't even know if handshakes were acceptable gestures in Doven culture. This was certainly awkward and Noriko hopes that she wouldn't find it more awkward than he's feeling right now.

Turns out the black haired swordsman are in the same idea as Runara. Getting to know others should be done now when everyone had the time to talk. Who knows when the time like this could happen again.

He seems to be nice enough to not consider Runara a... well, what most people would see Runara in first glance. She was relieved to hear that. Though the man seems to blabber a lot that Runara tilted her head and wonders if she should cut himself from talking any further before introducing themselves.

Thankfully he stopped himself from going further "It's alright, it was quite fun to hear you talk." She giggled at his rather amusing long talk.

And then, he extended his hand to Runara and introduces himself as Noriko Amagawa. Upon hearing that his hobby includes fishing however... Runara looked up to Noriko with bright eyes, mouth open wide, like she just saw an idol. She began fantasizing Noriko fishing big fishes for Runara to eat... And then realizing that she's been leaving him hanging on that handshake...

She immediately went to hug him... "My hero!" She said as she hugged him. But she quickly let go as she realized she just hugged a stranger without even introducing herself.

"Ah... Sorry, it just excites me that... Well, you can fish..." She looked away, visibly blushing red, her tail moved to cover her face from Noriko. "Um... I'm Runara Blazeheart, a dancer from a Doven Kingdom. And as you can obviously tell, I... like to dance, originally came here to perform for the festival, but somehow..." She trailed off, Noriko could probably guess what words would complete that sentence.

After some pause, she looked back at Noriko "I... also like to fish..."

Noriko didn't know much about Doven gestures so he didn't know how to feel except being quite embarrassed when Runara reciprocated his handshake with a hug.

Turns out she's a huge fan of fishing and gave him a hug out of sheer excitement. Though he certainly has never met anyone who referred to him as a "hero" even though he firmly believes how much an honest work fishing is.

"I certainly didn't think I'd find a fellow fishing enthusiast here of all places. Tell you what, after we're finished with this tournament, how about we go fishing, just you and me? I know some spots around Jiao Jing that other fisherman would be envious about!"

The fox Doven's attire finally made sense when she explained she was a dancer. Though how outdated was her information for her to not realize the change in the festival from a jovial celebration of Shang culture to a not-so-friendly competitive festival where people risk it all to get favors from the emperor? If everyone here did not get tricked into drinking poisoned water then they might have already been at each other's throats by now.

"A dancer huh? Could it be that you didn't know the major change about the festival before you arrived here in Shang Land? It's been quite a few years since the festivities were replaced by this battle royale style contest for a wish. Don't tell me you got roped into this by accident?"

An exasperated sigh escaped Noriko's lips as he thought how unlucky Runara had been to be an accidental participant.

"In any case, I'm actually half glad that we've all had this sort of crappy bad luck happen to us. Otherwise, I don't think we would be in such friendly terms had we come across each other. Everyone here has that one desperate wish that they want to be granted by the emperor. I'm no exception to that."

Indeed, if they had met under different circumstances, they may have had to cross blades, or worse, take each other's life for the sake of getting the other's bell. After all it's not every day that you get a country's leader to personally fulfill a request.

"How about you, Runara-san? Even if you ended up joining the Festival of Swords by accident, do you have a wish that you want fulfilled?"

Hearing Noriko offered to do some fishing when this tournament is done made Runara hopeful enough to want to survive this tournament. Just to fish... And have a feast of fish... And perhaps...

Wait that was too soon for her to think about being together forever with a stranger. Especially one that she didn't know much about yet. And for how she got here however...

"Ah no actually, there's still some cheery festivity, and I was actually hired to perform there. But somehow I got lost in town. And then well, I got myself into the sign ups for this battle royale thing..."

Yes, she was actually, really, going to dance for the festival. But being a small little fox in a big town... She got lost, and well...

"... Yeah... That was really embarassing, I signed up for this by accident..."

Runara blushed red and looked down in embarassment as she realized it. She got lucky that she and her servant, Tsubaki got themselves in a group like this. Although some of the members left a lot to be desired. She was confident that she could get through this predicament safely with a group like this.

Onto the topic of wish... Runara heard that the victor of the battle royale could have a wish granted by the Emperor. She knew what she wanted out of this. Although she doubted that if the Emperor would get what she meant by that...

"My wish huh..." She said, putting her hand on her chin as if thinking of something. "Please don't laugh at my wish..." She continued, blushing red once again... It was a wish that was simple enough in words, yet in reality... It would be hard to grant her wish.

"I wish I could find my true love... Like... Someone that I would spent my entire life together forever..." Runara revealed her wish to Noriko, she then sighed before noticing that she should ask him about his wish as well. "Now that I said my wish... What about yours?" She questioned.

Noriko felt a bit relieved that Runara still managed to do what she had set out to do in Shang and enjoyed herself... until she got herself mixed up in this mess that is.

With that said, it was really weird how she "got lost". Getting lost was one thing, but this was the first time he's ever encountered someone who got so lost that they accidentally joined the festival?

"Maybe the recruiters were desperate for participants and ended up forcing her to join against her will? That's pretty sick though, all things considered. Sure she gets a wish if she collects three bells but it was fortunate that she knows well enough how to handle herself or else she'd end up as just another dead participant." Noriko thought as he pondered on Runara's explanation of how she ended up joining the Festival of Swords.

"I'm just glad you're alright despite signing up for this by accident. Most of us train the entire year just to prepare for this event. You must be really skilled in combat to make it this far." Noriko said in a genuinely impressed manner.

Regarding her wish however, Noriko noticed that she pondered quite a bit about it but with the way she asked him not to laugh at her wish meant that the Doven dancer already knew what she wanted from the start but must have been hesitant to share it with anybody else, specially someone she had just met and barely knew.

"True love, huh?"

Noriko took a moment to ponder Runara's wish. Most participants would have requested an exorbitant amount of money or a prestigious title that grants them the status of a noble. Since the festival was open to everyone including criminals, they'd most likely use the festival as an opportunity to buy back their own freedom and erase their criminal records. But wishing for true love? That would stretch the limits of the Emperor's power considering that "True Love" isn't something one may come across in his/her lifetime.

"In my opinion, wishing for true love is no laughing matter. Sure some people may consider your wish to be vague or unachievable, perhaps even trivial... but there are very few people who manage to find true love in its romantic form within their life time. So seeking true love is a very noble cause." The black haired swordsman says in a calm yet serious manner.

After pausing briefly for a bit to heave a deep sigh, Noriko continued his response in a more sincere tone.

"With that said, however, the Emperor of Shang may not be able to completely fulfill that wish. Sure he could arrange for a countless number of suitors for you to choose from but the likelihood that one of them would be your true love is very slim. It feels fake... An artificial bond created out of fear and compliance to the Emperor's order and your wish. That's not true love at all, in my opinion."

Finally, he voiced his opinion on how he would imagine Runara meeting her true love should be.

"I believe that you'd have a higher chance meeting that person naturally rather in such an arranged fashion. The way your relationship would develop in such a natural course should weather the tests of fate and time and ensure that the two of you would be able to remain and create happiness for yourselves until death do you part. Sure beats the only thing keeping your relationship together is the guy's obligation to the Emperor's orders, right?"

It seemed only fair to reveal his own wish to Runara but there was a matter of uncertainty in him. What did he truly want? Sure he wanted to settle down, own a piece of land for himself, preferably near a lake where he could fish whenever he pleased and make a home there, perhaps even have a family... but those were all things he could attain without the need to request them from the Emperor. Until now, he never really thought too hard what his wish was but after being placed in a situation that requires him to describe something more concrete rather than abstract, he realized that deep inside, there was one thing that has been gnawing on his mind ever since he officially became a student at thee Jiao Jing Wushu School.

"Embarrassingly enough, I never had a clear wish until you asked me about it... I entered this tournament with a vague desire to settle down somewhere I could pass my days in peace. " That meant that he really had no business chastising Runara for entering the tournament with such a vague wish. The realization made him blush from ear to ear in shame.

However, a fiery resolved now burned in Noriko's eyes as he revealed to the Fox Doven his honest wish.

"But I realized that wasn't what I truly wanted... To find the whereabouts of the woman who "saved" me and taught me what it's like to be human. My mentor left me under the care of the Wushu school one day and never returned. I needed to get some closure about what happened to her and only then can I say that I can be at peace."

Runara listened on as Noriko talked about her wish. It seemed that it's true that the Emperor might not be able to actually grant that wish. As perhaps the relationship created with the wish would feel untrue and fake. Her wish is just too vague and have a lot of uncertainties. Runara realized this, she knew she wouldn't have her wish actually fulfilled... Though listening to Noriko's opinion...

"So are you saying I might meet my true love here...?" Runara asked hopefully. She already had some of the guys attracting her in the first glance. And she wouldn't mind sticking with one of them if she knows them better. "Oh right... This is fate that we're talking about... Who knows if fate says I wouldn't meet my match here right?" She sighed, resigning to the fact of the uncertainty of what she seeks.

She would then continue listening to Noriko with full attention. She giggled as he admitted that his first wish was just as vague as her's. "Well, I mean, having peace had many definitions no? Maybe a full retirement, or freedom of doing what you want... Or something else, I dunno." She said after giggling.

But then, he explained his actual wish. Hearing him explained his wish to find the whereabouts of his mentor. It seemed that she had a lasting impression to Noriko that he's uneasy to the fact that she went missing.

"Oh... Um... I... Don't know what to say... Maybe, if she's actually alright when you find out, maybe you could show her how you've progressed. Um... Maybe have a true love, or something...?" She seems to put an emphasis on true love, perhaps hinting at something... Yet she quickly realized it and...

"ActuallyforgetthatIeversaidanything." She said quickly as her face reddens and hastily walks away from Noriko.

Noriko felt a sense of guilt crawl up to him when he heard Runara's response. It had seemed that all his talk about fate had significantly discouraged the Fox Doven while his sole intention for it was to open her eyes to a more realistic perspective of viewing her dream.

"Ya' know, it's also bad if you leave everything to fate and live a passive lifestyle. There's an old saying in my homeland that goes like this. "The gods provide to the man who earns it." I'm not saying that I'm a philosopher but If I'm to interpret that, it's go like "Fate would reward the person who pursuits their dreams in earnest." So you're really on the right path, Runara-san. But I don't think leaving it to other's people's power would get you what you want." The black haired swordsman replied skittishly as he scratched the back of his head.

He was rather taken aback when the fox doven said something about finding true love once he finds out what happened to his mentor. It was as if she not only provided him a goal beyond what he already had but was also providing him the means of attaining said goal. It only made him more suspicious when she left in a hurry, seeming all flustered.

The thought of settling down and having a family of his own was still fresh on Noriko's mind as he saw Runara off with a satisfied smile could be seen on Noriko's face.

Noriko Amagawa CC : #54ACD2
iBJmVVk.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Outside Village Apothecary]

When Noriko saw that everyone was giving their all, fueled by actual murderous intent mind you, in taking out Gyoku, he felt like his attempts at minimizing damage dealt to the Shadow was worthless. He had figured that even though Gyoku had resorted to harming her mistress, Kiri would feel more upset to see that everyone had severely injured her servant.

"So much for that idea. Even if I keep using the blunt side of my sword, it's useless if they're gonna just stab her anyways."

Still in hindisght, it had seemed that his decision to back away was well meditated as Saburo suffered an onslaught of attack when he and Kei decided to get too close to an unconscious Kiri. It seemed rather peculiar, however, that the Pirate King wasn't torn up like a treasure map when Gyoku unleashed her combo on him. He figured an attack like that should have dealt more damage as he would have gauged its lethality to be on par with a Swordsman's Secret Techniques.

Something was definitely off here but he didn't have too much time to ponder on that when Tsubaki and Rumiko launched their respective counter attacks. Although the white haired swordstress failed part-way in her attack, she did manage to give the Priestess an opening for her respective attack which arguably dealt the most significant amount of damage among all of their attack to Gyoku.

Despite Runara's attempt at stopping the bout by revealing her true origins, it would fall on deaf ears for the Shadow who, in turn, launched a "more serious" attack at Tsubaki who shared her fair share of revelations.

Finally, Kiri managed to regain consciousness and afterwards, Gyoku revealed that everything had been one big act to test their trustworhiness. It left a bad taste on everyone's mouth but it had seemed that Noriko's decision to hold back in his own way was a correct one.

"While I find your deceitful means of testing our trustworthiness to be most Ironic, I am still glad I did not use my blade on you. I'd advice against pulling a stunt like this in the future though. It would seem like I was the only one willing to show some restraint against you among those who decided to fight you. " Noriko told Gyoku in a solemn tone before his attention was shifted to Rumiko's instructions.

Since he was feeling quite famished himself, he wasted no time carrying out the priestess' orders in anticipation for the first morsel of a meal he'd get since arriving in this place.

The situation looked even more bleak than the descriptions the group received. People lay wounded, hastily being treated by medical personnel that were clearly understaffed and ill-equipped to tend to such numbers. The sight of the festivities taking place as people took advantage of the fallen swallow beaks was almost too surreal. Even though he, himself, was starving, Noriko couldn't stomach the thought of enjoying fried bird with a complimentary view of people in varying states of injury and suffering around him.

"Things are all kinds of messed up here, huh?" He mused.

Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Apothecary, streets?]

Staring at the..very violent reaction of Tsubaki's the Miko was somewhat concerned, but it seemed no one else was.. "I can't just leave her like this..what were the rules on moving passed out people again... Oh well it must not be important!"

Throwing the cloak over Tsubaki as she laid there having her episode, the Miko grabs her by the legs, dragging her behind her, to a casual passerby it would seem as if the Priestess was dragging a dead body, it's face covered under the cloak. This fact not being lost on the Miko she even shouts to what few groups of curious villagers that gathered around to;

"Bring out your Dead! Bring out your Dead!"

It wasn't like there were any guards around to stop her and they all quickly ran at the mention of it.

Nodding at Saburo, she smirks slightly. "Well you did look comfortable taking that dirt nap. I'm afraid I'm too big to make a good shovel, fire wood though.."

Nodding at Kei and Noriko they seemed willing to follow her instructions at least, dragging Tsubaki along, she would eventually get up at some point or the Miko would just drag her like a sack of feed the whole way, while she felt sorry for the girl this was no time to be staying behind having a seizure. Turning her attention towards Gyoku, the Preistess scoffs.

"No wonder this part of the Country was so corrupt, the Kami have been forgotten by your people."

Going on about the tennates of the faith and how it tied into worship of the Elemental spirits, monster slaying, education and honoring one's Ancestors, the Miko highly doubt that Gyoku was listening, but at the very least she had to preach to the heathens.

@Miya

Following the rest, the Miko sets about ripping apart some of the birds, adding their meat to the bottles of half assed soup, staring at the guards and noticing how Gyoku had ditched them all, Rumiko seems to have a sudden increase of strength in her tending of the animals, muttering aloud. "I'm punching her again.."

Looking at those who were hurt or dying, maybe at least this guardsman knew something of the Mountain faiths that she practiced, or some of the people here cared more for their souls than Money.

"Well I'm neither a noble nor a townsperson. Think you could let us pass, I mean you may have people in there that have final requests, prayer rites or at the least I can lift more than any of you guardsmen."

Voicing this out to the guard, the Miko then turns her attention towards some of the towns people, deciding to stay within earshot while assisting with the birds and the large fire.

Maybe from that she could get some sort of information, or at least give her teachings, even if all of these souls were dead and this wasn't some sort of reality bubble they could find atonement and embracement with the Ancestors. There were also some other options she had considered, such as sending Tsubaki in as an injured party, attacking the guards, or just seeing what Kiri could do, either way she would hold off on her idea of threatening the guards for now, this one that came out seemed nice enough and didn't wear the airs of nobility.

@Ehb, @others, yer soup should be done.

First it was being mauled to death, now it was birds...and while she had more ideas she was still further away from solving this madness. While Cirika had dismissed them as always, Kiri seemed open to it but..not fully there.

Of course there was also the trauma of those around her and they still needed to do a job, her own interest still laid with investigating the ghost, being a ghost in a world of ghost that the ghost seen as a ghost, while confusing might be promising. She had to find a way to end this madness.

Sighing heavily, she just didn't know how. "Maybe I should check on some of the others. The Pirate Lord seemed to have really lost his nerve after that death.." Searching for Saburo, the miko walks about humming a tune to herself.

He had to calm himself. With everything that had recently happened.

This would not calm him.

There, in his view. Was Rumiko the Priestess. A woman who not so long ago had tried to murder him. Sure, things could be forgiven and all that. But Saburo felt like that little tidbit of history had faded into the background was because they had been abducted into the Nethaire. The whole thing of becoming great friends with her had not gone to plan. Neither, he had to point out to himself; Had the whole not dying aspect of his life plan.

Alas, at this very moment. He hadn't much else to do but try to do this whole 'becoming friends' thing again. Hopefully this would involve less of him being chased by a hulking woman. He was probably gonna be stuck in this hell forever, it seemed ill fitting to not be buddies with those who could actually remember you past a month.

Rumiko's eyes landed on him. It seemed she was looking for him. As she began to pace towards him. Perhaps this cycle would end faster for him then he thought.

"A-Ah, yes. Priestess. Well met!" He gave a painful smile. "What may I ask you seem to want? Hopefully something in the present or future. Those are you know...t-the really important points of time."

"Oh? The past is also important, sadly to escape this madness our freedom may be in the past..sadly I am not a scholar..." Drifting off into her own thoughts the woman sighs, shaking her head side to side as she thought aloud;

"I'm sure we can still escape here but a direct way won't be it.. I need to escape that dead woman's gaze.. I.. Ah sorry, sorry..ahaha.."

Getting side tracked the woman playfully knocks herself against the head with her right knuckles, stirring back on topic, or rather why she was seeking him out in the first place. "I'm trying to find the others and see how they are holding up, including you.. I still have faith we can get out of this, but only if we all don't end up like Vlad.. We have to."

Saburo listened to Rumiko uneasily as she seemed to talk about something that he most likely had no way to know the meaning of.

When she mentioned her current mission. Saburo looked a little suprised, if happily so. "I-I see! That's, um, good of you. To do I suppose!" Saburo felt a little guilty for being caught off guard by the Miko's words.

But he supposed personal history clouded his judgement. Although he liked to think that his particular history would cloud the judgement of even the fairest of people.

"The last thing you said. T-That is easier said to done. That man...who knows how many times he went through this...this.." Saburo shived slightly, he was best off not thinking too hard about it.

"I must admit, You seem the most optimistic about our chances, what gives you hope of us getting out of this?"

"What gives me hope?" Pondering to thing of an answer to this, the Miko just shakes her head side to side, to say no, giving a shrug in kind.

"I do not have hope, I have Faith and no choice but to succeed, if I were to fail then that's the end of my Order, of my countrymen.. I believe truly that only in common ground can the wounds of these wars finally heal.. Maybe it is self serving to use my faith to the bases of that.. but so be it."

Smiling lightly and oddly a bit motherly, at odds with her muscles, the woman chuckles before taking a more Amazonian approach to her proclamation.

"Hope is for those that wait, as one of my masters was fond of saying; The Kami will help those who make effort to help themselves. I will see to it we all get out of here, anyway that I can."

Upon that proclamation, Rumiko smiles lightly while borrowing a bench to sit on behind some structure or another. "It's okay to be afraid of this you know? I think it's only through blind devotion that I do not fear.. Are you alright Saburo? We can talk about anything.. Well within reason, I am a priestess.."

"Oh...erm." The Priestess had quite the interesting view, The Pirate King had to admit. Rumiko's motives would stir someone into action. It was liable however that if he was the one who held the mantle of Miko's burdens. The cause would surely have crumbled by now. He was uncertain on how the priestess managed to cope with the pressures of that.

Though perhaps she was right. And it was only blind faith keeping her going.
He could use some of that.

"I doubt, um, you would like to converse, even listen to me for too long uninterrupted. I-I have been told I'm not the best conversationlist." He gave a embarrassed smile. Why did it feel like he should start confessing his sins to her!?

"It is...comforting, to hear your words. If the rest of your order were like you. Then perhaps the world is missing something."

"No, it's fine, I've listened to dying people, criminals, children, gossipers, I'll admit some times it gets tiring, but that too is my job. At times people need guidance or someone to hear them, for some it's the only peace they'll have. The Kami and the Ancestors see all, at times it is us who need to see."

Rumiko says somberly, having a strange look to her face as if reflecting on a bitter irony.

"It is not easy being a Priestess at times you have to do things you rather not in the name of the greater good. Plus it doesn't pay very well, a Pirate like you would likely have more wealth than I."

Smirking at Subaru's next words, she tilts her head to the side slightly.

"Well.. I like to think we did more good than not. And right now people need a bunch of monks going around teaching the people to find some sort of peace. The temples also need to be repaired..so much to do.. But first, is solving this problem and getting us out of here. Until then I can listen at least...though I can't promise I won't zone out, hahaha.."

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, at least she was honest.

Giggling at the last comment from the Priestess. Saburo took a step back. "My mother did always say it's the thought that counts." Saburo tapped his head, as if to emphasise his point...somehow.

"I may have grand fortunes. But wealth isn't everything. T-there's also the many other things I hold. Like....stuff." He gave another nervous chuckle.

"Ah, that gives me an idea! I need to see if there are any inspirations for art. I, must take this burden alone. But I, um, thank you for your words, Rumiko." Bowing slightly, Saburo waltzed away.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / On da road ]

"Strangle me..." Kiri asked, confused? "Why would Gyoku do that? She’s supposed to protect me after all. It can get a bit hard to breathe when she uses that silencing technique though, so if you’re not careful, it’s easy to faint.

Kiri sighed, "I don’t get why she wanted to fight you all though. It was probably some absurd plan in her head." Kiri spun her head around long enough to notice a few people following. "I’m glad that was resolved before anyone got seriously injured."

The two wandered ahead for a while longer before Kiri spoke again, "Thank you, by the way. I didn’t even know Dovens had nobility. Truthfully, I don’t know much about your culture at all... though I know you make amazing pillows." Throwing a warm smile towards Runara, it wasn’t clear whether Kiri was referring to them making real pillows or just sleeping on Dovens themselves.

"You must miss your family, right? Not knowing what will happen to them? I hope we can both reunite with our family soon."

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds Entrance ]

Sniff, sniff...

"Fresh swallowbeak..."

As the party neared the Maplegrounds, Kiri’s mouth began to water at the tantalizing scents. Fresh, roasted meat; now this was the ultimate test of will. Resisting such a thing to stay focused on the mission took everything she had, but ultimately, lives were on the line here.

"No entry...? Honestly..." Kiri sighed, turning away to ponder her options. She offhandedly waved ‘hello’ to Tsuma before realizing he was there for her.

"Yes, she’s my shadow, and I was afraid this might happen," Kiri admitted, more to Saburo than the others. "Oh, right...! Sorry. You’re dismissed, Tsuma... if you want. Nice armor too. Very shiny~ she casually commented on the side.

"You can remain here and enjoy some of the meat if you’d like," Kiri suggested to the travellers. "This isn’t the first time this has happened. The ‘no entry’ rule, not the coup..."

With that, Kiri began to circle the wall. After a while, she recognized the specific place by the one Maple tree and began to feel each stone carefully until she felt a special, familiar crevice, digging her fingers in and pulling. Unlike before, the stones didn’t budge. Not one bit. On closer inspection, while the bricks on the wall did appear disjointed, there was a newer layer of mortar hardened between them.

"Ciriiiii...! It’s not a ‘security problem’ if no one knows about it! And they got in anyway!” Sighing in disgust, Kiri started off in the opposite direction, passing by the travellers again. "Not yet," she answered preemptively on the way past.

Selectively brushing the fallen maple leaves away from a patch of ground by the wall, Kiri revealed a small tunnel leading under the wall. This was one she’d never really told anyone about, but sadly, she’d far outgrown it, and even if she could squeeze through, there was zero chance someone like Rumiko could fit. Plus… it was dirty. Incredibly dirty. Definitely not a good option.

Kiri returned to the band of travellers, head hung in defeat. "I… really hate to say this, but… I don’t think I can get in without hurting someone. Rumiko was right though, they said townspeople and nobles were forbidden, and you are all neither, so if I vouch for you as a noble, they might just let you in."

A look of confliction spread across Kiri’s face. As if every choice she made had to be considered carefully, down to each word she spoke. Eventually, she made her suggestion, "I’m worried about Mother, but I think if all of you are helping at the same time, she’ll be in good hands. The one I‘m actually more worried about right now is Cirika.”

Kiri gazed down the road they’d arrived from, explaining, "If this really is a coup, then all of them would love to capture or even kill her, but there’s only a couple guards there right now. So I was thinking…" Kiri turned back to the party, "You can go save everyone in the keep, and I’ll go protect Cirika. You’ll be okay without me, right?"

@LowDefinition
@Rithas
@_everyone

Runara, CC:#ffa64d
Runara_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / On the road to Maplegrounds]

Kiri's answer had confirmed Runara's suspicion on Gyoku's behavior earlier. It made sense but it seems to only upset her even more. "Well she could just do it in a better way than that, we just fought a dragon afteer all! Sheesh, no need to make a play like that." Runara said, sounding quite upset on the answer. "Seriously, I'd really kill her for that stunt she pulled." She continued, letting out an exasperated sigh.

And then, Kiri thanked her for standing up for her. Runara nodded and smiles as she expressed her gratitude, but that remark about pillows... "Eh!? What do you mean by pillows? Um..." Runara looked surprised and seemed at a lost of words from that remark. Unsure what to say to Kiri... The next question that came out from Kiri however...

"You must miss your family, right? Not knowing what will happen to them? I hope we can both reunite with our family soon."
"So... Runara. About that Doven Princess business you yelled about earlier... Was that true or were you just trying to get Gyoku to stand down?"

Kei also butted into the question, the question about the truth of her noble identity. And that of how was the standing between her and her family...

Runara opened up with a sigh. "It's true, I'm a princess of the Moonsky Kingdom. I guess that means you'll hate me even more than before huh?" She turned to Kei, who have been rather hateful on nobles in general, she couldn't help to think that... She ran away from home because of a very stupid reason.

"I do miss my family, but... I really don't want to see them, not yet... Not right now at least." She answered Kiri's question. Although at the last part she seemed to answer it in a rather conflicted tone. She didn't spare anymore answers than that...

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds Entrance]

The travellers approach were denied by the guards, what's more upsetting was that there's Gyoku past the wall of the guards and not intending to give everyone a special pass.

Hearing the guard passing the note from Gyoku only serves nothing but to upset Runara some more.

She would then look at the guards who were standing in line, putting her hands on her hips. Her expression resembling someone who probably have had enough of all the bullshit that they went through. Flame could be seen conjured around her. And her tail swings around aggressively.

"Excuse me...?"

She already had enough.

"We've taken out that dragon... And gave the people food with those birds as a domino effect from that..." The flame grows larger, gradually starting to cause the temperature to rise.

"Saved Cirika from an assasination attempt... Yet... You've had the guts to deny US!!?" She tilted her head, raising her voice gradually...

"My race is known to be a delicious treat for those dragonkins... Yet I've beaten them! What are you all dimwitted peasants doing!? HUH!?" Flames grew even more larger surrounding her body. In an attempt to intimidate the guards enough to let them through.

"So please, unless you want your silly little village to be ruined in the near future. You better let us through and let us help this village." The flames were then shrunk down and disappears as Runara finished. There were a huge tone of arrogance in her words, but she only wanted to have a clear way ahead. And to save this timeline from dooming itself once again. If only that dimwitted servant of Kiri didn't turn her mood even more foul than before.

@Ehb
@Luma
@Karyra
@_Somad

Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

Kei didn't have an answer to Runara's question about hating her more. It balanced out, really. She had a servant, and carried herself in some dumb way that told him that she thought everything would fall into her lap. He already kind of knew, but not that she was some princess. He really didn't know much about Doven politics, though.

Seemed that the way in to the Maplegrounds was blocked off. Kei figured that gathering some more information first might be the way to go... Kiri seemed to be looking for something. Kei waited for her to circle around, answer a nonverbal question, and then dust off some tunnel. After that, Kiri said that she'd stay behind and protect Cirika.

"Kiri. You were the one who tried to join us only a little bit ago. You insisted on going. I said there was no turning back, and I meant it. Always face the things you hate and fear, and you'll know more about the world."

Kei laid a hand on her shoulder. It was not meant as a friendly gesture but as a 'you can't run because I literally won't let you' gesture.

"Also, you know the castle better than the rest of us. You also literally just found a secret tunnel without trying too hard."

He pushed Kiri at the guard. "So, vouch for us, get us in and get this coup taken care of without letting anyone harm someone you might know. If you're so worried about your mother, then fix it by your own hands. In the end, that's the only way to guarantee the ending you want. Also, none of know what your mother looks like, either." Kei shrugged at Kiri.

That's right, he didn't care about all those awful things she said. That she was just a tool to get through to the castle. To clear the circumstances. He could joke and laugh too. He was good at burying the emotions, he had to be. He could pretend to be this tough guy like the others. It didn't matter, anyway. Because he really should know better than expect to live through his plan. He had already been dead for a long time, so it was more surprising that Kiri was more alive than him.

Gods, how could she be so happy and keep going. It wasn't fair. If they all died, would she forget? Just act like she did before? Kei hoped that she did.

"Now come on, we've got some crossbow jerks to kill."

@Ehb
@Luma
@Everyone

Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

Wiping some sweat off his forehead. Saburo reminded himself not to make Runara angry as he watched the scene the Doven was causing. He'd like to be kept raw in all honesty.

Hearing that Kiri wanted to stay behind. Saburo shoulders visibly deflated. Disappointment floated in for a moment. Before being replaced by annoyance. This Bloody girl had him nearly planted as a tree for the cause to stop this coup. And now she wanted to stay behind while they did the dirty work!?

This revelation seemed to snap Saburo out of whatever urge he felt to help this girl. Good riddance why was he risking himself over people who were already dead and to be honest complete assholes? As he thought about it, he wondered why he wasn't sitting down right now and eating the birds he killed. Gods, if everyone was gonna keep preventing him from going in there. Then why was he resisting?

Thankfully, Kei opted to be the one to point out Kiri's cowardice. Good, he hated confrontation. And since he stumbled upon this group trying to stop things himself had only gone poorly. Albeit, all of this him an idea.

"E-exactly! You can't back out now. Your mother is in danger! You fought hard to get to this point! Now, er, If you want someone to stay behind for Cirika. Fine, I'll do it." The Pirate King said with the straightest of faces. "T-there's your problem solved. Now, go deal with the coup THREAT-EN-ING your fam-i-ly." He gestured sharply in the direction of the castle.

@Luma
@Karyra

Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds Entrance ]

Kiri stared at Kei with a conflicted range of emotions. Eventually they settled on a faint trace of fear. More and more, several of these travelers were showing just how little they cared about the lives of Haschou. Ripping through guards was just a casual subject they tossed around like what to have for supper. All in all, it was getting harder and harder to trust these strange travelers now that there were real problems, real deaths, and real stakes. Maybe they were guardian angels from the future... but there was also the chance that...

"Now, go deal with the coup THREAT-EN-ING your fam-i-ly."

Kiri's eyes glared straight into Saburo's. That tone of voice... "Are you implying they're not important to me...!? That is a horrible thing to say to someone... even to me...!" Sighing in resignation, Kiri turned away. "Sorry... you're right, this is important, I just....... you're right. Be sure to keep Cirika safe."

With a renewed resolution, Kiri strode up to the guards, covering her ears until the inevitable shout had passed. Pointing to the party behind her, she explained, "These are mercenaries hired by Fath-- hired by Lord Moriya to aide in retaking the Keep. I give you my word they are neither townsfolk nor nobles. Step aside so they can join the fight," Kiri commanded with a powerful sense of authority and finality. After standing there for a few moments, she stalked off to return to her tunnel entrance around the corner.

"It's so... filthy," she whined quietly to herself, weighing the options of 'squeezing through a tight, muddy hole,' and 'having a living mother.' Obviously, the second would win immediately for just about anyone, but standing there, staring at the fresh dirt, it was a lot more competitive than it should've been. "It's a pillow fort. You're crawling through a pillow fort..." Kiri repeated to herself like a mantra, taking a deep breath, and cramming herself in face-first.

It felt like dirt. It SMELLED like dirt. It even TASTED like d-- blech, she promptly spat it out. Although a very tight fit, Kiri slowly managed to squeeze through, inch-by-inch, until about the halfway mark where the tunnel arched back upwards. She could see light filtering in through the leaves on the other side, but no matter how much she struggled, she wouldn't budge an inch. Her heart started to beat faster, her breath quickened, and as a result, it quickly grew more and more stuffy in the tunnel as the oxygen was used up. She had to get out, now!

Pressing her hand to the walls, she felt the earth around her, and PRESSED. She pressed with all her might and then some, using the natural power that only a forth of all sapiens possessed. It wasn't the dramatic shift Kiri had hoped for, but it was enough. Mustering the strength to push forward, she continued this way, compressing the earth, squeezing past, compressing, then squeezing. Finally, her head struck the leaves, and her shoulders soon followed, allowing her to lift herself out.

Having squeezed through such an impossibly small space, Kiri should've felt triumphant, but laying there in the leaves covered in dirt and muck, the only thought running through her head was 'eww' on an endless repeat cycle. She wiped off what she could with the colorful maple leaves, but she was still horrendously dirty, clothes ruined, and nothing short of a very long and thorough bath would ever make feel like a presentable human again.

@Ehb
@Karyra
@Rithas

#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

The party seemingly took no pity of the ashamed Tsubaki, and merely moved on to the Maplegrounds. Rumiko on the other hand covered the immobile noble with a cloth and then dragged her as if she was a corpse. During the walk back to the Mapleground, Tsubaki remained oblivious to her surroundings. When the party arrived and stopped at the checkpoint...

("Hey... Hey! Seems like your pals are trying to get into the castle. It's time to wake up!")

A sudden jolt made Tsubaki regained her senses, causing her to twitch under the cloth that was covering her. A sense of dread has fallen on her, realizing that she is still stuck in this nightmare memory. She also felt that her legs are held by Rumiko, who possibly had sensed the sudden movement that she did right now.

("Oh God, I'm still in this hellhole!")
("Sadly, yes. You are.")

Tsubaki closed her eyes and sighed, as if she attempted to pass out again. Then, she heard the conversations between Kiri and the others. It certainly feels like Kiri wanted to leave the job of saving her mother to the party again, only to get herded back in by Saburo and Kei. If anything, the situation is not serious enough to warrant an intervention from Tsubaki, although she does need to explain her words to Runara.

With that in mind...

("I'm... going to take a nap.")
("Then you better wake up in time.")

@RedArmyShogun

Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

It was almost fortunate that Saburo was beyond tired, because he only flinched a little bit when Kiri glared at him. She did, in the end however, seem to agree with him. Which was quite the new experience for Saburo. Stepping back, Saburo watched the group be let in by Kiri using her noble status. Which made him wonder why she didn't do that in the first place. But that mattered little now. He could have waited longer to see how Kiri would sneak herself in. But he thought it best to leave before people started asking too many questions.

First, however. Saburo wandered over the swallow beak roast. By now, it seemed a noble girl had taken it upon herself to organise the villagers. Most of it boiled down to her just spacing people apart and shouting "Five steps away from the fire!" a lot. Weaving between the crowd, Saburo waited till the Noble had her back turned on him. As soon as she did, He grabbed a cooked meal from the fire with his whip.

Grabbing it with his hands, The Pirate King had the genius realisation that things straight from a fire tended to be rather hot. He found himself playing hot potato with the bird. "Shi-ow-ow-hot!". Ultimately, he managed to get the meat between his two sleeves. Exhaling a sigh of relief. Saburo looked up to meet the eyes of the Noble.

"Um-..."

"I don't remember giving one out to-"
Saburo spun on heels.
"Hey! Get bark here!"

@Ehb

He had thankfully managed to lose any trouble between here and then. Trying to jog and take a mouthful of bird was quite difficult.

"They were right. This is delicious!"

Gnawing at the bones to get at the last morsels of meat. The Pirate King had arrived back at the apothecary. He could even see the remaments of the hole shaped like him. The sight creating a small grumble from him. Saburo knocked on the door, "Er...Hello? I'm here for..."

Guarding? Normally there would be a fat chance of that happening. But since if Cirika died this whole thing would start over anyway, He really had no choice in the manner. Plus, it sure beat storming a castle to stop a coup that frankly had nothing to do with him. Thinking about it, this would be a good oppertunity to ask Cirika some questions without someone else stumbling over and ruining everything.

Seeing as this world was forcing them to assist her in someway, Perhaps she could give off some info on....

Gods, her greatest regret or something. He wasn't Rumiko, He wasn't an expere on helping spirits 'Pass on'. But if it helped him finally get the hell of here he was willing to try.

"Watching over Cirika! I-I brought some Swallow Beak!"

[/hr]

• Spicy
Fieldset:
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, The Maplegrounds]

@Luma

Eventually, with great difficulty, Kiri Moriya was able to to reach the other end of the tunnel. Emerging from it, she found herself in what must've once been a Koi pond. It was located in an overgrown and neglected portion of the Maplegrounds. However, within walking distance loomed the Keep where the Coup traitors were currently held up at.

The urge to move towards the keep was there, from what she overheard from the people at the gate, there were rangers who were firing down on anyone approaching the castle. Right now, the overgrowth of this area provided a good hiding spot. The muck she was covered with did well in hiding the brighter colors of her clothing. Kiri knew the castle ground well enough to know where to get into the castle. Even if the coup organizers blocked the main way in, she knew a multitude of alternatives. There was indeed a possibility of her breaking into the castle itself....

Kiri was grabbed by the scruff of her clothing and off to the side.

"Got ya you little rat! Thinking we're slacking off eh?"

Two guards. Traitors mind you, Illuminated Kiri with the light of their torch.
After crawling through that tunnel, Kiri was blinded by the light of that torch. Her eyes took a moment to readjust.

When they did Kiri saw a spear pointed right at her.

"I really don't want to spear you if I can help it, Lady Moriya. Please surrender."

Judging by their current posture and attitude they were a part of the coup.
Kiri didn't know their names, but she was familiar enough with the townspeople to know that the people who'd just caught here were indeed from the village. Which, unfortunately meant that indeed this was a Coup. They had betrayed the village, and Daimyou Ikkikari.

Kiri can attempt to run from these guards and evade capture! However, there is risk involved with not complying. @Luma roll a 2 sided die. If 1, Kiri escapes. If 2, Kiri gets speared by the guardsman and taken into the castle. Surrendering will immediately take Kiri into the castle, but under arrest.

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

@LowDefinition

Runara's nobility appeared to be showing as she chided the guards, and by extension the whole village. This lead to a squabble that was so pointless that it's not even worth detailing.

Ultimately though, curiously enough, Kiri's command to led the party through worked. As she walked away, the Sentries at the gate quietly motioned the party through. That fact only became apparent after she had already walked off into some unknown direction. The way was open. The party without Kiri proceeded towards grouping where Gyoku was waiting. She was flanked by other leading figures within Haschou's guard.

She turned around. Facing the travelers. She looked over them, noting the omission of one or two of them.

"You folk. I presume that my lady got the message and is staying back over there like a good little girl? Well, whatever. Not that any of that matters anymore."

Gyoku wore this grim expression. After hearing a briefing of the grave details of the current coup it was no surprise she was feeling that way.
There was a different aura about her compared to before. That of an authority figure.

"...So then. Any of you travelers know the art of infiltrating Castles? Or were you planning to offer to run right up and rush the gates?"

Behind the Shadow, the party could see the top tiers of Haschou Castle peeking over the trees. The lighting of the rooms in the castle indicated some form of chaos going on. A given considering the already chaotic nature of a coup in general. In addition to that, the vague outlines of rangers walking the ramparts could be seen. They were eying down any potential intruders.

But, going back to Gyoku's question, to put it simply, the party had not a clue on how to answer it without sounding misinformed. It was unlikely any of them had ever taken an entire castle before. They weren't even fully aware of the layout of the castle or anything else. They only thing that they could say for certain was that charging right up would leave them riddled with arrow and bolts. A suicide charge in any sense.

"Since Lady Runara seemed to be so confident. It sounds like you all must have a sound plan for taking this castle with minimal casualties as opposed to anything we could come up with? Enlighten me, for I'm about past due for some humor on this rotten day."

All eyes fell on Runara.
This was no doubt stemming from her squabble with the villagers earlier. Probably, again, any answer they'd give would probably come off as misinformed. Regardless, Gyoku, seemingly out of spite, waited for some kind of answer. Just so she could how ignorant of an answer the Doven could come up with.

Still, that route would go nowhere.
They had to get to the castle and resolve this crisis. It was going to take someone else to try to move the conversation towards cooperation.

@_Everyone

Fieldset:

@Rithas

Though Saburo adressed the closed door to the Apothecary's Home, he was met with no answer.
Rather, instead her heard the steps of a man in armor approach him from the side. A little too late though. Right, indeed, there were those two guards that had been guarding the home previously? How did he forget that...?

Or rather, why was the guard that approached him holding on to his sword and looking at him with a very distrustful expression.

"...You. You're the fellow who made that crater over there, but walked it off. Funny you're back."

Saburo felt the subtext.
The guard was wondering why exactly he'd returned. From his surly tone, it sounded like this guardsman wasn't buying the whole part of a complete stranger watching over Lady Cirika out of the goodness of their heart. Guarding this girl was the job of her father's own guardsmen. Not some random outsider who at first glance appeared to be blatantly lying about any Swallow Beak given the bare bone in their hand.

"Lady Cirika is resting. Off with you and the Swallow Beak that's resting in your hand and stomach."

Saburo ran into the equivalent of a brick wall.
The guard simply was not going to allow a complete stranger in to see someone in such a vulnerable state.

The guard looked at Saburo with a hint of pity. Annoyingly. The guard thought: If this guy is some sort of assassin then they'd best just leave, then. Already been huliliated enough for one night, I would say.

• Ah Seen It
Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

Oh what in the Kami's name is going on now...

Looking at the commotion it seemed the Doven had lost it, the Miko had not yet been able to speak to the Doven in private about her..death and all of this smiling at some of the villagers, the Miko throws Tsubaki over her back in a sort of piggy back ride that counted on the Miko holding the girl up. It was better than her dragging around a dead body act at least.. How had this girl lived for so long in her profession. Shaking her head with a sigh now was not the time and the villagers had provided no useful information, though she did manage to gain a few odd items from the older people and even some merchants from the interior, nothing of any major value however.

Laying a hand on top of the Doven's Right shoulder, Rumiko smiles, tilting her head towards Tsubaki on her back. "Regardless of how you may feel about all of this, even I am concerned she's been out this whole time, here try this and give her some food, she is your servant." Handing a cloth packet to the Doven and setting the swordswoman down, she opens the packet with a pull string, showing a collection of salt.

"Just put some under her nose, I could have done it any time, but I don't want to deal with her having another breakdown over her clothes."

Sighing with a head shake she turned her attention towards Gyoku with a look of disappointment on her face. "I can't speak of them all, but as you seen first hand I can move surprisingly silent and fast. I don't often speak of this, I told you of my religion, we provided services to the mountain clans and other villages, but we also kept the peace, lots of monsters are up there you know, bandits too."

Steeling her gaze the Miko almost seemed to be another person, one hardened by Flame and Steel, the sorts of Fanatics that would carry on past the point of reason and bash it into the ground with religious zeal.

"I've snuck into bandit holes and set fire to them as they've slept, I've drowned Goblins in raging torrents and cracked the skulls and necks of their young. Set traps and pitfalls and fought demonic beings at the gates of villages. Each of these scars are a mistake or a mark of toughening."

Laying a hand on the gateway, Rumiko begins applying pressure as the wood and masonry groans and starts to crack locally. "I have stood on open waters and did sit ups in the snow, lived on roots and depending on the charity of others.. We were priests and exterminators."

"I can come up with a plan that involves light losses to us, but how much of the castle must stand, who is still alive or behind this? I can't make a plan from nothing, information is gold. And as I said we have our own reasoning, plus if things go wrongly, I can at least knock down most of the doors in our way. I might be a Bear, but always remember, bears often sneak up on hunters in the woods."

Stating that, the Miko didn't seem to be blowing hot air, offering to work with Gyoku and presenting the fact she was no stranger to dirty work or stealth, which was likely a bit surprising considering her size, but considering her sudden and blindly quick movements, it wouldn't do any good if you could see something that large if it mauled you before you could scream.

"I for one cannot ignore this, if I were to do so the situation would only repeat I fear.. So please at least let those of us who can help, help. If you could take that place so easily you would have already done it shorty."

@Ehb @Miya @LowDefinition