Addilan

498a104a5bf445ab642420f10cf506dd.png

girl-art-anime-demon-1130106.jpeg

Name : Tangerine

Bio : Tangerine is definitely not of this world having traveled here from an alternate dimension after a mad science project in this universe cracked a rift through to her’s and snatched her away from her people about 4 years ago.

She lists her age at 18 saying that among her people she has just entered that stage of her growth but that the two universal time coefficient don’t exactly match and it was the best she can estimate.

In her former reality she was a slave / pet to a dark race she calls the Ree’ve whose mistress kept her as something akin to a drug source.

Once Tangerine appeared on this world the Hero's who found her took her in and almost a year later set her up with a form of stipend for stranded aliens and told her to have a nice life. (Her senses are so sharp they suspected she was reading their thoughts when in fact she was hearing them speak in another room or smelling hints on them that either confirmed or disproved the truth of some of the things they told her)

She has since that time drifted from safe space to safe space looking for some place where people might accept her as one of them.

Biology
Tangerine can’t utter a word because her race has gills in place of vocal cords (Amphibious) so she must use a form of limited telepathy which allows her to communicate with anyone she meets regardless of language. (Of course this makes most people uneasy because they believe this gives her the ability to read minds) This also means that she can survive underwater so long as it is fresh water as if she were in air.

Tangerine’s Senses are Hyper-enhanced, her sense of smell could put a bloodhound or shark’s to shame, her eyes can out match the most powerful optics made by man in both Macro and Micro scales, she can read with her fingertips and sense earthquakes better than mankind's most sensitive instruments. She is able to list every chemical, bacteria, amoeba or substance in anything she tastes, she can hear into ranges no animal on earth can imagine or see into spectrums usually reserved for artificial devices and sources.
Her horns are actually antene that her race uses to trade information about their world and to communicate over great distances. Using them to broadcast information is how Tangerine’s power works and they can either focus on a single target at a range of 1,000 meters or line of sight or over a broad area that encompasses anything in a radius of 50 meters.

Powers

Boost : With this power Tangerine links people into her sense sensitivity basically boosting their own beyond their ability to cope with the information they are receiving (candle = 10 million candles / snap of the fingers = 12 gage going off by your ear)

It has a 1,000 meter range but is sight only and 1 target per or broadband 50 meter radius affecting everyone in that sphere.

The result of an unfiltered link is sensory overload which acts to both stun and dull the targets senses for at least 15 seconds or in the worst case days.

Enhanced senses : Tangerine can put any hunting animal to shame and sense things too faint for most tech to pick up.

Retrocognition /Illusion projection: This is Tangerine's strangest ability; when she touches and object or person she can look into their's or its past and as she does so she projects the event as a full sensory replay for any within 20 feet of her (This includes sight, sound, touch, smell, and even taste)

Speech : Tangerine doesn’t make sounds using her mind instead which confers a type of universal translation on her so that she can speak with whomever she wishes and understand them and they understand her. (Trouble is most people hear her in their heads and they freak out thinking she’s a full telepath and now stripping their minds for their secrets)

Flight: A limited form of personal telekinetic flight that can propel Tangerine at speeds no greater than 30 mph

Reactions: Ur Degaton
Okay, so, critique:
First, love the concept. ^.^
Second, the 'Boost' ability seems a bit, strange, in terms of how you have it worded. If you were to boost someones senses to a point beyond their ability to cope, you would kill them. Not stun, kill. Why? For example, say you boost their sense of touch. A single pinprick feels to them like someone jammed a sword through them. Thus, their mind would be like "This hurts so much, I must be dead/dying." Because, yes, that is how the senses work. Also, a worst case aftereffect scenario would certainly not simply be dulled senses, excluding the chance for death, boosting their senses so much could remove them of the sense completely, and it could be permanent, and I'll explain: Boost someones sense of sight, they see a simple 30 watt light and it's like staring directly at the sun, boost their hearing and a snap of the fingers is a shotgun going off, that causes deafness. Of course, I'm not saying you can't have it be so powered as to do such(as the purpose of this is to have powerful heroes/villains that get stripped of their powers and have to learn to cope/get them back to full strength), but it seems to me as though you don't actually understand yourself how such an ability would function on the human anatomy, we weren't built for such things. O.o

Neo was active yesterday and I myself am awaiting this. As long as 3 or more are here, it's alive.

This is still alive right?
This is still alive, I have to finish working on my secondary character(she'll be up sometime this week), and other than that we are waiting upon @Justin's character

I'm waiting for this too, so we definitely will have more than 3.

I've been thinking on how much information I wanted to give you all on her, and I'm still not really sure, but here we go:

Meet the Dark Valkyrie, Emily Valkyre
proxy.png

First, you might notice her last name is coincidentally really close to that of Valkyrie, and well that's not really as much of a coincidence as you might think. The Valkyre family has been around longer than anyone can remember, and are the origins of the valkyrie myths. The valkyries are not, as myths would tell you, viking gods who take the souls of noble warriors to Valhalla. Rather, they serve to keep the balance of life and death. Souls are not constantly reborn, rather only a select few are reborn, most are newly created, and as such a Valkyries purpose is to collect, and eventually destroy souls that would throw the world into imbalance.
There are three known valkyries at any time, Emily being regarded as a 'dark' one because she does not shy from her duty and collects souls of both heroes and villains alike when the time is ready. A rather new Valkyrie who lacks proper training, regarded as a 'light' valkyrie, due to not knowing the true purpose of her abilities and only using them for 'the greater good', she is however unrelated to the Valkyre family. And a third, Emily's elder sister, who nobody knows much about, or even the location of. Rumors say that the third went rogue, abandoning her duty as a valkyrie, though saying such in front of Emily would be a bad idea.
A valkyrie has two abilities, the first being the manipulation of souls. This can be used for a number of things, including extending their lifespan by consuming souls, removing souls from those near death, and even borrowing the powers from souls who had abilities. The second ability allows them to see how and when someone is going to die, and whether or not they should be reincarnated, they use this information to collect specific souls. While extremely powerful beings, Valkyries have laws, the first of which is that they can't tamper with the cycle of life and death, because of this most avoid getting close to other beings, this also means they are unable to kill.

That's all the information you get....unless you ask for specific informations. No, this is not because I am lazy, but because for the most part valkyries are a mystery to everyone but the valkyries themselves.

Yay!

The Valkyrie has arrived so that when we die a heroic death we will become einherjars and fight and drink in the halls of Valhalla!

Time to start soon I suppose?

We will indeed be starting soon. Sometime this week. :3

Glad to hear!

I'm slow sorry, been kinda busy. ^.^"

Guys? Are we going any where with this?
Hopefully! I've just been super busy as of late. Sorry for making you all wait so long. Life is awful with unexpected stuff sometimes ;.;

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: FrozenTear