Adventures at Luna Hall

Estelle grinned as Lin responded to her many questions, enjoying his amusement as she began to dig into her own food. She gave a little squeal of delight at the different flavors and textures, wiggling a bit in her seat at the experience. "If I'm being honest," The young girl began with a tiny grin on her freckled face, "I mostly came here for the food. I really hope to be able to cook something this magical one day." While she was eating her food, being careful to treasure each bite, she also kept up her questions to Lin. Things ranging from "what classes are you taking this year?" to "are you going to eat that?".

Once she was done with her meal, and once she saw that Lin was done with his, she attempted to follow him around. It was so rare that she found someone who didn't tell her to shut up that she latched onto him immediately. That was until she realized that Lin clearly lived in a different dorm and took her leave, waving enthusiastically at him as she walked backwards. Estelle almost tripped, since she wasn't watching where she was going, but kept on smiling and waving until he was out of sight. Then she booked it back to her dorm.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi
Lin couldn't really answer the barrage of questions from the girl. Not at first, but luckily, after holding up a finger he left and, after a minute or two, quickly returned with a small whiteboard an eraser and a marker. Then he would be able to answer each question that deserved more than a nod 'yes' or a shake of his head for 'no'. Still amused even after they ate and left for their respective dorms, he compared Estelle to a puppy, following him around. He had no problem with it, it wasn't annoying or anything. Besides, the nurse always said to make friends or something like that. While she waved to him goodbye he wrote something on the whiteboard for a moment before holding it up for her to see, and he had rather neat penmanship-when he wasn't rushing that is.

See you!

Giving a brief wave as she left, he erased the board before checking his dorm. After changing into his new uniform, the mute young man made his way to the Nurse's office to check up on the Nurse with a small hum.

The sock eater shuffled closer to the boy but not close enough to grab. It's body was thin and covered in soft tan fur, the trunk bore white stripes and it's little elephant like tail wagged slowly. Carefully it stretched out it's trunk for the sock before pulling back again, almost like it was afraid to take what was freely offered. All in all the creature resembled something like a lost puppy. A puppy that loved to eat socks.

The nurse was busy trying to revive the student that had been found unconscious by one of the staff. They seemed to be un injured except that their entire body had been drained of magic.
"He'll recover," she was telling the headmaster when Lin entered, "but with that much pulled out of him it could be several weeks before he can cast any spells. Of course the barrier is up so there's a chance his magic energy is running around loose somewhere. if we find it, it could be restored."
She offered Lin a smile and a wave as she continued to work.

The sock eater shuffled closer to the boy but not close enough to grab. It's body was thin and covered in soft tan fur, the trunk bore white stripes and it's little elephant like tail wagged slowly. Carefully it stretched out it's trunk for the sock before pulling back again, almost like it was afraid to take what was freely offered. All in all the creature resembled something like a lost puppy. A puppy that loved to eat socks.

The nurse was busy trying to revive the student that had been found unconscious by one of the staff. They seemed to be un injured except that their entire body had been drained of magic.
"He'll recover," she was telling the headmaster when Lin entered, "but with that much pulled out of him it could be several weeks before he can cast any spells. Of course the barrier is up so there's a chance his magic energy is running around loose somewhere. if we find it, it could be restored."
She offered Lin a smile and a wave as she continued to work.

Ah, so the nurse was busy. Waving, he approached a little hesitantly. Tilting his head curiously, he wrote something onto the whiteboard before holding it up for her to see. He didn't want to intrude or anything, but the last but of conversation heard did interest him. Did the student lying prone accidentally use too much? Or did something force a large amount of magical energy from him? It wasn't his busuness, but that didnt mean he couldn't wonder.

Need any help? Brown eyes glanced up at the employee, before shifting to the Headmaster present.

@Falcon

Wynthera went along with the crowds, a skirt-swishing bounce in her step bordering on outright skipping, and happily chatted with the younger students. Along the way across the bridge, she spotted Estelle bringing up the rear of the crowd. Wynthera smiled and slowed her pace, letting the others pass her by until she was beside her junior. "Hey Estelle! Sorry I didn't see you earlier. How was your summer break? I went back to the orphanage to see my family and showed off my new magic cooking."

She giggled remembering the stunned, almost euphoric looks on their faces when they bit into the meal she first made for them. The whole summer, they kept begging her to keep cooking, a couple of the boys slightly younger than her asking her to marry them. When she wasn't working or flying around the city, she spent a lot of time coming up with recipes and really stretching her creative muscles and the ways she used her magic to enhance the dishes - both in presentation and in taste. Her most successful result being a cake that shifted flavor and texture while being chewed, sweeping your taste-buds along on a blissful ride.

By the time she had to return to Luna Hall, she had to pry herself out of their collective arms and make a flying dash for the nearest airship yard.

"I might have to start sending food packages home," She mused and leaned forward, hands clutched behind her back, smiling towards the shorter, younger girl. "What electives are you taking this year, by the way? I might be able to help you study."

@BoredAsUsual

Estelle beamed up at Wynthera, always happy to get the attention of one of her favorite upperclassmen. She had noticed her in the dining hall, but had been too distracted by the wolf to say hi to her. "I'm jealous." She said, a smile easily forming on her face as she fell into step with the other girl. "You'll have to show some of it to me as well, you know much I love your food." Her own mouth watered at the very idea of food, even after eating.

Estelle came from a very simple home, but one with a big garden. During the break she had tried to make her own greenhouse, much to her mother's dismay since things went a little hectic. Estelle had a habit of getting bored halfway through projects and leaving them lying around for some poor unsuspecting person. The worst was when she was in the middle of practising her cooking magic and something caught fire. Suffice it to say that the greenhouse did not get finished, but her father had promised next time she came home that they'd work on it together.

"I volunteer as a food tester for your packages." Estelle blurted out as she stared up at Wynthera, eyes going wide at the thought. She realized this might not be an actual position she could take, but putting herself closer to food was her only goal. "I'm still doing the culinary magic and would love any help you get give me. You know how I get with all those ingredients in front of me." Her mother had a saying about how if you were trapped in a full of socks it was best to focus on the ones at your feet lest you trip and fall on your way to the ones across the room. Considering the bruises covering her short frame it was safe to assume Estelle did a lot of tripping.

"Oh!" One of her hands reached out and gave a small tug on Wynthera's clothes, as if not realizing she already had the girl's attention. "Did you see the shifting professor in the dining hall? I wish I could do that." And then her smile turned into a shy grin as she looked down at her feet. "You're working on shifting yourself too, right? Could you help me with that?"

"Oh absolutely!" Wynthera beamed and gave her a pat on the shoulder. "I've got some ideas and a second opinion always helps!"

She considered asking Estelle if she wanted to go with her later to help mind the campus gardens, but remembered how bored of it Estelle seemed before they were done - and the mess she left behind. The school gardener wasn't pleased with that even though Wynthera was quick to clean it up.

"And I'd be happy to help you learn," Wynthera straightened up and pushed her slim glasses back up her nose. "Cooking is already fun, but cooking with magic is even better!"

And potentially more hazardous. She remembered all too well the number of fires students set off the first few weeks last year. She'd hate to see Estelle have her eyebrows burned off - or her hair for that matter!

Estelle's tugging her back out of reminiscing and her face lit up with excitement. "I did! I wanted to talk to him, but then he went and sat with the teachers and I didn't want to be a bother. I think he looked cute as a cat though."

She dug into her back and pulled out her sketchbook/diary. "Speaking of which, once I figure out how, I'm planning on making some adjustments to my looks." She flipped to the same page she tried to show Pandora with the kitty ears, tail and wings. "What do you think of this? I think it would look good on me!"

She paused, realizing she didn't answer Estelle's last question. "Uh, well, I don't know if we're allowed to teach underclasmen who haven't taken the class yet. I'll ask one of the teachers later. But if they okay it, then sure!"

@BoredAsUsual

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Falcon
@Takumi

The nurse looked at the headmaster for a brief moment before nodding to something he said. A moment later she offered a cheery wave, handed the clipboard to one of the other nurse's present and moved across the room to speak with Lin.
Mbali Okeke was on the tall and thin side, with beautiful ebony skin and her hair intrinsically braided with festive beading and pulled into a ponytail. Her apron bore the official symbol of the Luna Hall nursing staff but beneath it was a knee length pencil dress striped in the colors of the sunset. Her smile could warm up a room and most students found her presence soothing.

"Hello, Lin," she greeted clearly happy to see him, "it's good to see you well. Have you settled in alright?"

Headmaster Scritch, meanwhile, exited quietly. Moving behind the talking pair without causing much notice. He still have to figure out what had happened to the student and that meant investigating the matter. That also meant assembling the security team as they had the most practice and skills when it came to such things.

The headmaster was as yet unaware of the fuzzy sock loving creature that had appeared in the West gatehouse, or that some students were trying to make friends with the animal.

Attachments

• mbali.png
    mbali.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Takumi
@Takumi

The nurse looked at the headmaster for a brief moment before nodding to something he said. A moment later she offered a cheery wave, handed the clipboard to one of the other nurse's present and moved across the room to speak with Lin.

Mbali Okeke was on the tall and thin side, with beautiful ebony skin and her hair intrinsically braided with festive beading and pulled into a ponytail. Her apron bore the official symbol of the Luna Hall nursing staff but beneath it was a knee length pencil dress striped in the colors of the sunset. Her smile could warm up a room and most students found her presence soothing.

"Hello, Lin," she greeted clearly happy to see him, "it's good to see you well. Have you settled in alright?"

Headmaster Scritch, meanwhile, exited quietly. Moving behind the talking pair without causing much notice. He still have to figure out what had happened to the student and that meant investigating the matter. That also meant assembling the security team as they had the most practice and skills when it came to such things.

The headmaster was as yet unaware of the fuzzy sock loving creature that had appeared in the West gatehouse, or that some students were trying to make friends with the animal.

Lin smiled at Mbali, nodding at her question. Writing something onto the small whiteboard, he held it up with one hand, and pointed to the student she hd been helping moments before. A curious look came across Lin's face, mostly because the question written on the whiteboard (said question being "Is he gonna be okay?" In green marker) but also from noticing that the Headmaster was suddenly gone.

@Falcon

Xander hurried down the stairs from his room in the RocCliff dorms and across the bridge in through the east gate of the main building carrying a very large, very heavy, leather briefcase the like of which traveling salesmen form the forties used to carry. Today was a free day, which it meant it was a perfect day to conduct business. Setting up just outside the great hall Xander set down his bag and breathed life into the runes surrounding the clasps and stood back.

With theater and grace, the clasps flipped up and the case fell open to either side. Then, as the magic he'd spent most of his brake crafting into the runes on the case sprang into full gear, a full market stall unfolded and sprang up there besides the main hall entrance. A bright pink sign with garish blue lettering read "Xander's Runic Gifts & Gags!".

"Come one come all! Xander's Runic Gifts and Gags is hereby open for business! The classic 'Stress Ball' and complaining chess set of last year are once again available! New items this year include fuzzy rainbow animated socks and self-indexing notebooks to ease those studying woes!"

The response from the nearby students was immediate. the brightly colored, and objectively garish, stall was stacked high with now familiar items to the students of Luna hall. Xander had started making and selling magical gag items back in his first year as a hands-on way to practice his runic breath magic craft and most of the items had been an immediate success with the student body. Except for the elcairs that turned into frogs when you tried to bite down, those hadn't done so well last year. This last summer he had done his best to come up with new ideas. The self-indexing notebooks, modeled after his own book that indexed the wyvern enclaves' entire library, had taken most of his time along with the endeavor to make the briefcase that unfolded into a stall; but there were a few other new items among the bunch too. The day was sure to bring other new ideas as well as students regularly made requests for new gags and gifts as the ideas came to them.

"I'll be here till just before lunch! so tell your friends!"

• Love
Reactions: Falcon