Dawn' Sunlight
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
THRALL

Son of Mordecai
"This world is fearsome, yet I want to learn and experience everything it offers."

GENERAL

Name: Thrall, Son of Mordecai
Pronunciation: TH-R-AW-LL
Nickname: Butchi~ & Beard
Titles: Self-Proclaimed God of Butchery

Species: Elven
Race: Lecyri

Date of Birth: Fellsnow (Month 9)
Zodiac: The Horned Demon
Elf Age: 126 years old
Human Age: 27 years old

Place of Birth: Rughena, The Bay of Tears (Marsea)
Current Residence: Lyf, The Water Gardens (Orcosi)

Storyline/Plot: Stars of Skaarsburg
"Don't be offended by what I'm about to say. I know I should have a filter in moments like these,especially towards a client, but I just can't help myself. I'm really starting to think human stupidity is unlimited. Or at least, in your case. "

APPEARANCE

Eye Color: Amber
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style/Length: Brown, wavy, and shoulder lenght.

Height: 6'5
Weight: 205 lbs

Body Type: Mesomorph
Body Modifications: Tribal hunter tattoos around shoulder, chest, and upper back.

Written Appearance: Thrall has an oblong shaped face with a determined, slightly pointed chin and a sturdy jaw line. He has sharp, high cheekbones that complement his deep-set eyes. His eyes are bright and spaced evenly apart sitting below deceivingly fleek eyebrows that seem to naturally curve over his brow. The bridge of his nose is kinda short but prominent. The tip of his nose was slightly hooked over his alluring pink lips giving him an animalistic character to his visage.

His hair is very soft and greatly complements his facial attributes. They are often styled with beads or tied up in a bun. Although, he isn't great at keeping them tied up and there are always a few sticking out. To accentuate his masculinity, sometimes he would let his beard grow and it usually makes him look much more aggressive.

Overall, his sharp features were only a reflection of his entire structure. He has well-defined muscles and a balanced set of abilities. He wasn't too strong, but he wasn't weak. He wasn't too tall, but he wasn't small. Overall, well balanced.

On a small notes, sometimes during summer when he gets tanned, you can noticed his small skin imperfection and his cute freckles over his nose and cheek.

PERSONALITY

Personality Traits:

✯ Simplicity: Thrall is a very simple guy and he enjoys simple things. Either it be in regards to individuals personalities or simply hobbies. The simpler it is, the more he will enjoy it.

✯ Optimism: Thrall, even when he is angry, he will find something positive about the situation. For him, as long as he is alive, he will be grateful for the opportunity the God(s), if they exist, gave him.

✯ Stubbornness: He might be simple, he might be quite smart, and that's a few of the reasons why he is also very stubborn. Once he has a strong stance on an issue, the chances of anyone changing his mind are very slim.

✯ Generosity: Thrall is someone with a lot of heart. He is warm, caring and knows how to welcome someone in his life. Very respectful and loving, he will give his time for anyone in need. He will share his meals even if he is starving and will always consider others needs.

Strengths: (3+)
- Loyalty
- Analyzing situations
- Agility

Weaknesses: (3+)
- Impulsivity
- Irritability
- No filter (big mouth)

Quirks: Stares at people, often, without noticing.

MBPT: ESFP (The entertainer)

D&D Alignment: Lawful Neutral

DETAILS

Inventory: (4+)
✯ Butchery Knife kit
✯ Machete
✯ Crossbow arrows
✯ Wooden Crossbow
✯ Water Flask (leather)
✯ Loaf of sweet bread

Education: Thrall has a very basic education. He can't read or write well, but he tries sometimes. When it comes to knowledge, he is pretty educated but that's because of his social life. Not because he opens books or reads the journal. Although, when it comes to communicating in different languages, he easily captures the accent and the words. It's easy for him to learn a language orally.

Character Arcs/Plots: TBD (message me)

RELATIONS

Social
  • Darnes:
    • He lived a lot with Darnes. He is his childhood best friend, his most trusted non-related brother and also (not known to Thrall) soon to be step-brother. He is moving to Lyf with Thrall for a short period while he helps his uncles before going back to Rughena. (126 years old)
  • Seif:
    • The cousin of Darnes and a close acquaintance of Thrall. He was supposed to move in with Darnes and Thrall, but broke some bones due to some ridiculous accident up in the mountains when he was drunk. (130 years old)
  • Raedemir:
    • He is Thrall's mentor when it comes to butchery. Raedemir actually came from Lyf to live in Rhugena for unknown reasons. He is the person who encouraged him to pursue a life in Lyf and realize his dream. He was the only person to realize early on that Thrall wasn't meant for a traditional Lecyrian life. (598 years old)
  • (Adds a list of Girlfriends cause this mate is a womanizer).

Familial
  • Nihan:
    • She is the youngest sister of Thrall. She was born two years after Thrall. She is almost identic to Thrall, only more pessimistic and silly. (124 years old)
  • Theoduin
    • He is the only brother Thrall has. He is about 25 years older than Thrall. He was a very educated young man unlike Thrall (his parent were reasonably wealthy back then), he moved to Lyf at a young age with his educator. He worked in politics before disappearing without a trace. (156 years old)
  • Aleecia
    • She is the oldest sibling in the family. She lives in Rughena with her husband and her children. She is very powerful and an influential leader in the tribe. Very educated like her brother Theoduin, she also moved around Marsea and Orcosi before settling in with her soulmate. (210 years old)
  • Mariona
    • Mariona is the daughter of Thrall the Giant, a very tall and admired citizen of Rughena. Hence, why she called her last son after him. She is a very loving mother with a lot of nerves. Strong, determined, and very serious by nature, Mariona is what we can call a succesful and balanced individual. She used to be a warrior like her daughter Aleecia, but retired after losing her brother in a bloody battle.
  • Mordecai
    • Mordecai is the father of Thrall. He isn't as accomplished as his wife Mariona, but he had the guts to ask that woman out. She was the prized lady of the tribe and he was only the son of a shepperd. Nothing grandiose, but he didn't care. Clearly showing strenght and courage, Mariona couldn't say no. Well, they ended up having a lot of kids. They worked together and build themselves a life to claim it their own. Unfortunately, they started off strong but with the economy declining and the hunts becoming harder, they lost a lot of their former wealth. This left with Mordecai rather cold and distant with family due to his self-image taking a hit.

ARMAMENTS

Magic Tier(s): Low

Attuned Element(s): Fire

Fleuntia: Luna

Main/ Second Weapon: Once upon a time, he was a hunter and a farmer like his father. Then, after moving to Lyf, he officially became a butcher. To say the least, Thrall simply is good when it comes to cutting his meat. Anything ranging from small daggers, small bows and/or axes, Thrall probably knows how to handle them pretty well. Of course, like anyone else, he has a specialty. In his case, any type of cleavers will do well.

When it comes to hand to hand combat, he isn't much of an expert. He uses his claws and is quite chaotic in his fighting style. Sometimes he will remember some of his moves from youth, but in general, he will go with his gut feeling and just fight to survive. In other words, he will probably flee expertly if things turn sour for him.

HISTORY

Thrall was born in the Island of Rhugena during a cold winter by Mariona, the Daughter of the Legendary Thrall, and by Mordecai, Son of Theolor the Shepperd. There isn't much to say about his childhood beside the fact that he was one of those little demons. He lived, laughed, he was loved and he was cared for.

Unfortunately, the fun times started diminishing as he grew older. By the age of 11, he received some academical education but it was abruptly stopped due to lack of money. His parents were well off before. They actually had two kids that completed their education and were well into their adult life, but Thrall and Nihan came during a rough patch.

His father was less present, traveling more to find better opportunities. The only problem is that he would often be delayed by tribal wars and a lot of conflicts. That made him pretty absent in Thrall's entire life. Only in last 50 years did he start staying home more often since Thrall and Nihan started being financially independent. The household was at peace, but it didn't last long.

Five years ago, news came that Theoduin hasn't been seen for months in Lyf. Which was quite strange considering he was ranking up in politics. This made the household quite gloomy, especially after multiple unsuccessful attempts to retrieve him or at least some information. This left Thrall and Nihan left to themselves. It wasn't all too bad, they had some good moments and Thrall was very grateful to be born in that family. It was just quite unfortunate since he didn't have the same chance as his older siblings to make a life for himself.

Alas, now Thrall wants to be more independent. After much encouragement from his mentor Raedemir, he finally cut the umbilical cord and took a decision for himself. He decided to move to Lyf. There were many factors pushing him to go there such as economical, personal growth, but what really drove him to go there is to find out more about his brother's disappearance.

WRITING SAMPLE

The red beads in his braids sang along the wind, the leafs above danced along as he walked down the jungle towards the ships stationed near a recently build pier. He had a leather bag of belongings. There wasn't much inside, just basic tools to start his new life in a new city. There were his knives, his hair beads, his mother's favorite bracelet - she insisted so much for him to keep it even if he found a good female Lecyrian in Lyf - and a bit of food of course. A few of his family and friends were gathered at the beach already. It was sweet of them to travel so far from the village just to say farewell, to him.

"Thrall! It's about time you showed up! I almost thought you changed your mind as usual!" Darnes said. He was a handsome Lecyrian. He looked nothing like the others, much more delicate in his features and his behaviors. It was the complete opposite of Thrall who was robust, hairy and had strong features like most Lecyrian.

" Change my mind? As hell, I wouldn't do that! I'm not like Seif!" Thrall said with a laugh as he finally felt the sand beneath his feet. His pearly white teeth shone as he finally dropped his leather bag. Seif, who was eating an apple simply rolled his eyes.

" I already told you why I couldn't go! " he said as he looked down at his arm. " What am I gonna do? Starve to death until someone hires an incomplete elf?" he asked rhetorically. Everyone laughed, from Thrall to his mother. The mood was strange of course because, despite their playfulness, it was a pretty darn depressing day for most. Two of their males were leaving the tribe to live in Lyf for an undetermined amount of time. It was bittersweet, to say the least.

" You boys act like it's a day like any other day. I don't get it, " A young girl said. It was the youngest sibling of Thrall and the most sensitive. She walked towards her brother and immediately latched her arms around him. Her head rested on his chest and Thrall could feel her pain. She wouldn't get to see him for a few years, probably not before she was engaged to another Lecyrian if nature dictates it so. Thrall pressed his cheeks against her head as he patted her back.

" Don't worry so much Nihan. I'll be back before you even realize it. Besides, now you get to hunt more, you get my room...and-"

" And you don't get to show me your ugly mug every day, but I'll miss you nonetheless brother, " she said as she sniffed. Thrall couldn't really add anything more without being overwhelmed by his own emotions. He took this decision to move for a better life, for something different. Yet, right now, he was questioning it. His mother was holding it strong, she understood why he was leaving and she never once tried to convince him otherwise.

Nihan took a good look at her brother once more, making sure to engrave every feature in her memory before side stepping. Their mother looked at him and she passed her hand over his cheek. " You stay strong son, " she said. He could see and feel the loneliness she was living right now. The pain she must be living through as she saw yet again one of her sons leave the island.

" Where is father?" He asked as his hands rested on his mother's shoulders. She looked down as she shook her head. " Who couldn't bare come. " She said and

" He couldn't bare come. " She said and Thrall nodded.

' I understand..." He said quietly. He squeezed his mother's shoulder as he embraced her once more.

" Take care of him, please. I will come back before you even know it. " He said encouragingly and the mother gave a small smile.

" You always say that, my son. Yet, you are the most tardive little elf I know. Make sure you don't come back when I start looking like a prune, " She said with a small chuckle. Thrall and pretty much everyone else laughed once more. Thrall bent down to pick up his leather bag, he looked at his sister with his lopsided smile before doing one last remark before departing.

" I think it's already a bit too late, " he said and Nihan couldn't help but place her hand over her mouth as she muffled her laugh. Thrall went dashing down the pier with Darnes, almost falling from the slippery wood as he waved goodbye and said farewell to their homeland.

" That snarky little Lecyrian. " His mother said as she crossed her arms. She let one more tear roll down her as she saw her son leave once more to form a new life.

T H R A L L[/hr]

Code:
[hr=border: 2px solid #7a3700][COLOR=#7a3700][SIZE=7][FONT=book antiqua]T H R A L L[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/hr][hr=border: 2px solid #7a3700][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.