Bounty Hunters (Supremacy)

S

SugarGrrrl

Original poster
Planet 22 is not a lawless place, but it is a safe haven for the most criminal in the galaxy. It is a planet overgrown with poisonous flora and species of fauna microscopic, to gargantuan. There is one city, within this cities walls there are many towns and beneath the surface is the galaxies largest black market. Here the shadiest of criminals could get away with any sort of deals because it was a rule of the planet. The only other rule of the planet was the the illegal dealings had to stay within the confines of the planet. Recently, someone has broken this rule.

A rogue team of bounty hunters has entered the planets atmosphere and plans to investigate the nefarious planet for any clues to the whereabouts of the bounty. What they do know is that he was last seen at the black market. What they don't know is something much bigger is about to unfold.

"We shouldn't get completely split up when we arrive. Groups of two. 10 minutes. Gather as much intel as you can, I will collectively receive it with these brand new ear buds I designed," Captain Dreshza handed each of her team members a small clear, squishy ball.

"You're saying it's gonna latch onto our brains and your gonna cyber suck the information out of us?" Wyn, the sassiest member of Captain Dresh's crew. He smiled as he tucked his blonde hair behind his ear and inserted the ball. "Ooo," he closed his eyes and wiggled his whole body.

"We will even be able to communicate 'telepathically', not just with me. We will all be linked." Dresh mentioned, ignoring Wyns remark as she continued leading them through what seemed to be a desolate town. Dawn was approaching, they did not want to spend too much time on this planet.

"Are we close to our destination?" Imogen, the small, but deadly secret weapon of Captain Dresh's crew asked.

"Yes. I especially do not want you by yourself Gen. Gregor, please go with her when we begin our search." Dresh gave the Russian man a look as they stopped in front of a huge gateway. He was their most talented mech pilot and the captains right arm. "Also, from here on out remember to use code names. Wyn you're with Ace. Mr. Fixer you're with me." Without waiting for a response she stepped forward and placed her hand over the scanner, at first it turned red before quickly turning to green and then flashing bright blue. A blue geometric pattern began to light up and the gate began to slowly break apart. A massive staircase that seemed to go straight down into a dark abyss was revealed.

"Well, shall we?" Dresh asked telepathically.

The man Dresh was referring to as Gergor was standing with his back against the wall. His arms crossed as his head perked up from the mention of his name. A wolfish grin formed on his face once he heard of his assignment from his captain. "Don't worry, Captain. I will make sure she comes back home without much of a scratch on her." His predatory gaze shifts from her to Imogen before continuing. "It will be like a date with the two of us, wouldn't it, Imogen?"

To break the mould from Gregor's usual antics is Damon, the team's pilot referred to as Ace. "Enough flirting you too." A small chuckle escapes his lips while he is in the process of putting the device into his ear. The more you look at Damon, the more you realize the number of implants this man has subjected himself to. The most striking being the one he acquired for his eyes. The implant making them a striking bright orange colour. The iris of his eyes seeming to zoom in and out as if it were a camera's lens; constantly scanning his surroundings, relaying whatever information back to him. "This is an easy job. Ten minutes seems to be giving us more time than we would need. Knowing this place, he can't get far."

It's true unless you had a personal craft off this rock, there aren't many options you have available to run away with. This makes tracking the target down through whatever method they have to escape with, much easier.

The one who seems the most out of place decides to speak up in a rather geeky tone, fitting for one such as he. Zackery Haden. His short blond hair makes it easy for him to place the device in his ear as mechanical parts and devices cover his orange jumpsuit. "Um, can my codename be something cooler? Like Deadshot! Or Hunter!" The moments from his body while he talks appears really expressive but laid back. He continues to try and sell his case about wanting a better nickname, despite knowing that neither of those fit him at all.

"Once you manage to do something better than fixing up things, then you can earn one, but until then, Mr. Fixer. You deal with the hand you have been dealt." Ace speaks up with a wide grin. He loves to poke fun at Zackery for his nickname, especially since he was the one who suggested it.

Despite their back and forth with each other, they were more than ready to get this job done.

Gen shook off Gregory's gaze and ignored his date comment merely muttering "I'd be just fine on my own" under her breathe. She hadn't interacted much with the older man, but she wasn't sure she wanted to. Up till now she had kept her distance. Her and Wyn usually paired up, but after the last mission she was certain Dresh did not trust the dynamic duo together.

The captain was a pretty emotionless sentient being. She was built with compassion and resilience. She waited for their banter to subside before taking the first steps down the stairs.

"Remember, on this planet, the darkness is a doorway," she said to everyone. Both Imogen and Anwyn's eyes went wide as they stared into the darkness. Wyn gulped in fear, Gen nudged his rib picking up on his mood.

"You're usually the first to wanna explore a new place. Afraid of the dark are we?" The dark haired girl chided him, giggling a little. They were close friends and two of the most recent additions to the crew. She stepped past him following second behind Dresh. Her brown eyes full of fear themselves now as she watched the captain walk into the darkness, and seemed to be completely consumed by its maw.

"Who's laughing now?" Wyn retorted. Gen huffed before rushing into the darkness and vanishing.

Wyn looked around at the others before huffing himself. "Well let's not all go at once," he said as he held up his palm and a ball of fire burst to life, floating just above his palm. He walked slowly down into the dark, his flesh felt sweaty and he couldn't tell if it was the heat of the fire or the continued rise of his blood pressure. As he entered the void even the light from his flame was extinguished.

"Is everyone alright?" Wyn could hear Dresh's voice in his head as his vision adjusted to the incandescent lights strung above them. "Welcome to the dark market."

The scenery had changed from desolate to tightly packed in an instant. The creatures and beings surrounding them were all mostly no good criminals. This would not be the place to pick a fight.

"Let's split up, remember, ten minutes" Dresh commanded aloud, motioning for Mr. Fixer to follow her as she headed North.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest of the hunters followed suit and entered the darkness in front of them. The Dark Market before them was expansive in size, comparable to that of a large city. Neon signs attached to the sides of the buildings provide enough light to see inside the Market City. This market is constantly alive and moving. It never seems to rest or sleep. Perfect for those on the move, or those wanting to hide.

One could find anything they want here. Whether it be rare implants, exotic materials, or private services. Basically, if you want it, there is probably a place here that sells it. Just don't expect it to be of a legal nature.

Gregor gave his captain an affirmative nod. He understood the time frame they are being allowed and would like to get moving as quickly as they can to get as much as they can here. Every minute they spend on trying to find their target is a minute they are giving them to get further away. "Glitch, stay close. I want you to stay within arm's length. Let's take the west side and see what we can figure out." With a motion with his head, he tells her which path they should head down if they want to use the time they have as efficiently as possible.

Damon placed his hands inside of his pockets as he walked beside Wyn. A smirk appearing on his face as he eyes up the person he is paired with for this part. "I believe this is the first time we're paired with each other, huh?" After telling him that telepathically, he let out a small chuckle before heading his way into the market. This wasn't the first time Ace has been here so he has some idea on how to navigate through this place.

Mr. Fixer ran to catch up with his captain, although, a bit about Ace's response to his request for a better nickname. Like he had anything to say back to him anyway. "So Dresh, What do we have on the guy we're after so far?" This was his attempt at small talk to take his mind off from the dangerous beings around them. Mainly they didn't pay much mind to others, but that didn't stop Zackery from worrying about them.

As Ace and his partner were heading down their path, Ace decides to speak up to Wyn, having been curious about something but never really got the chance to ask until now. "So, Wyn. What happened between you and Glitch on our last mission? I heard some details, but I think it's best to hear from the source if you catch my drift." He couldn't mind but be nosy towards Wyn. He sees it as simple fun and games. As he is talking to Wyn, his eyes are constantly scanning each person as he passes by them, collecting data and information on each of them, sending to Dresh after he has collected enough. Some protective programs could detect when a device is doing this to them and alert them of his presence, but Ace didn't care. It was part of the thrill after all.