1. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Any time except when I'm not.
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
Modern, Fantasy
Hi.

Over the last day, it has come to my unfortunate attention that I cannot edit certain posts in threads.

I can open up the post to edit. But when I try to confrim my edit it comes up with the message

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later."

1542496743335.png

I can edit on some threads, such as my testing chamber forum and the In Character Forums.

But I cannot successfully edit on the Interest Check Forum or the Signup Forums.

I have cleared cache. logged out. Logged in. Turned off computer and all easily thought of solutions. Help would very much be appreciated as obviously editing a rp post is pretty needed.

(Also here's a if I could edit this post. Which I can)

Hi.

Over the last day, it has come to my unfortunate attention that I cannot edit certain posts in threads.

I can open up the post to edit. But when I try to confrim my edit it comes up with the message

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later."

I can edit on some threads, such as my testing chamber forum and the In Character Forums.

But I cannot successfully edit on the Interest Check Forum or the Signup Forums.

I have cleared cache. logged out. Logged in. Turned off computer and all easily thought of solutions. Help would very much be appreciated as obviously editing a rp post is pretty needed.

(Also here's a if I could edit this post. Which I can)
Hmm, I checked and I can't see any reasons jumping out at me for why this would be the case - especially if you can edit elsewhere.
Which browser are you using? Is it possible to try on another browser? I know it seems strange but sometimes I've had luck with weird random error goblins only affecting some browsers.

@Kitti
I have tried on Firefox and even Internet Edge *Shudders*

But the problem remains the same.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitti
@Kitti
I have tried on Firefox and even Internet Edge *Shudders*

But the problem remains the same.
Thanks for giving it a go.
I checked them again and the permissions are giving a green flag that you should be able to edit your own posts, including thread titles so I'm not sure what the issue might be. I flicked it around a bit so you can give it a go to see if it did anything but nothing was incorrect so I doubt it did anything. I'll keep looking but it might be a bit because everything is telling me that you should be able to edit your own posts in those sections.

@Kitti

The problem still persists.
Tell me if you find anything for a solution.

Thanks for contuning to help!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Does the problem persist on another device if you can get access to one?

Another weird thing. I can throw dice on the posts. But I still can't edit them. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also getting the same error on the thread here. Still able to edit posts elsewhere; it only occurs on posts in that thread (for me anyway).

To confirm, so far everybody that has posted on that thread has been bugged?

Last edited:
  • Ah Seen It
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Confirmed. I get a different error upon editing. Database error? @Kitti

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9D\x94\x9A\xF0\x9D...' for column 'content_title' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 160
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/UserLog/AbstractHandler.php at line 160
    SV\UserEssentials\UserLog\AbstractHandler->log() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/UserLog/AbstractHandler.php at line 120
    SV\UserEssentials\UserLog\AbstractHandler->logChange() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/UserLog/Logger.php at line 100
    SV\UserEssentials\UserLog\Logger->logChanges() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Logger.php at line 90
    SV\UserEssentials\XF\Logger->logUserChanges() in src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 141
    SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1145
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Post/Editor.php at line 165
    XF\Service\Post\Editor->_save() in src/addons/SV/StickyAnyPost/XF/Service/Post/Editor.php at line 41
    SV\StickyAnyPost\XF\Service\Post\Editor->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
    XF\Service\Post\Editor->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php at line 139
    XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionEdit() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

@Kitti @Click This

Well, I've cracked the case on the cause (Well I figured it out using that error code) BUT IT WAS ALLL ME (jk)

Testing it in the testing lab. A thread with a title normal font is dandy. I can edit it all I want

A thread with the font I used for the writing club basically breaks the thread and prevents people from editing it. Now, why the hell the font would do that is beyond me (Aside from probably the Site just not regonizing it and freaking out)

Would it be possible to Edit the titles so that they are normal font? And see if that fixes the problem? I'd really hope I don't have to start new threads rip/

@Kitti @Click This Forgot I could just edit it lol. It fixed the problem

I AM A GOD (at fixing my own self caused problems)

Thanks for the help towards fixing this! I appreciate it.

Reactions: Kitti and Astoria
Ah, huh. I'm not sure why that would do this but it's good to have something that seems to solve the difficult part of this anyway.
To the others with this issue, can you try doing the same and see if that sorts it?

Status
Not open for further replies.