6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
April 2nd, 2018- 8:43 PM

Johnathan Clark sighed as he looked at another dead body and all the broken glass around him. It wasn't like this wasn't an open and shut New York collateral case. It was. The camera had caught someone with powers murdering this person, but it also caught the dead body stealing the jewels. He sighed and looked over at Layla. " This seems like a pretty open and shut case for me, we got a camera feed of the murder and the property damage. Of course, the only problem with this case is that I don't know who cause with. We got corpse over here taking the jewels and the powered- individual killing them, but it is too obscured for anything useful. I'm going to look at some different angles," he said, turning over to the ME.

" Well, if I am going to be honest, it doesn't sound as open and shut to me. It looks like our victim was also burned and then cooled. Of course, as of right now, I can't provide the time of death or anything of the short, it's a giant mystery to me. Of course, before you say it. I know that leave us with a ton of metas and the last thing we want to do is give the news guy Angelo Ryan Rose anything that he could use against us to make us look bad. We're already the city with the highest amount of collateral cases on record, we don't also be the one who can't solve a case, I suggest we look over the feed and make sure the scene is close off.... especially with the sensitive nature of this case," Layla replied.

John sighed, nodding, understanding what she meant. This was the daughter of the biggest collateral judge in the state and the newest. it was certainly sending a message. Hopefully, none of them would arrive- he turned, seeing both the brothers of the deceased girl approaching it.

" Is that my sister's body? Do you know what the fuck happened or how the fuck she was murdered?" Dean asked, slowly losing his cool.

" We don't-,"

"That sentence better not end with who murdered her. It's your job to figure this out."

Mike covered his ears, not liking where this was going in the slightest. He knew that nothing good was going to come out of it and he slowly rocked himself.

John placed a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder, hoping to calm him down.

It seemed that anyone in the area or even just exploring would immediately notice Dean arguing with the ME and John trying to comfort Mike. You could try to help defuse that situation, comfort Mike or you know, investigate the dead body and the immediate area to see if you could find it before the detective or ME knew you were doing so.

@superwolfgirl @Michale CS @Gands @Astroblaze

Last edited:
It seemed that anyone in the area or even just exploring would immediately notice Dean arguing with the ME and John trying to comfort Mike. You could try to help defuse that situation, comfort Mike or you know, investigate the dead body and the immediate area to see if you could find it before the detective or ME knew you were doing so.
cyndee omg.jpg
"Omigawd Amiee you gotta get here!" Cyndee said into her cell phone, semi-quietly. "There's like a dead person here and I kinda overheard them talking about powered people."

"I'm not off shift for another twenty minutes. I can't bail again, Mr Garcia will kill me. Hold on..." Amiee was away from the phone for a moment then came back. "Okay, I got out early by promising to come in early to wrap silverware. Ugh. Where are you?"

Cyndee told Amiee where she was, which was a good 20 minute drive - or a five minute flight...

So it wasn't too long before she got there in her smallest form, but not exactly a hundred percent stealthy - even when she did her best to not glow like a damned spotlight, occasionally the air around her would contain enough impurities to flare brightly. Being over 2000 degrees had its trials. Like flying too close to ceilings of places with great fire suppression systems that tended to get her doused.

But, she'd been practicing, so when she zipped in, she hovered near the bright portable spotlights the M.E.s usually bring in, to camouflage herself as best as possible. To cover her entrance, Cyndee was just as annoying as possible, acting like she wanted to get onto the crime scene herself - with her phone no less.

Amiee wouldn't stay there long, just long enough to get an idea of just how hot the heat was that burned the victim before zipping away and formally 'arriving' in her secret ID a few moments later - that is if she wasn't caught before then.

AmieeMarieReedArt2.jpg Amiee didn't want to reveal herself, but hung around, trying to overhear what she could. She didn't want to risk hanging out long in her hero form, because the victim was burned and that seemed kinda bad to suddenly be there right after the authorities arrived. But... Cyndee had gotten involved and she rarely let anything go. If Amiee hadn't come, Cyndee would probably have gotten in trouble somehow here. They'd pulled this act before, so Cyndee knew not to 'know' Amiee.

@superwolfgirl @Gands @Astroblaze @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Vanessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

Vanessa had been listening quietly to three or four things at once and somewhat watching four screens while traveling in her limousine. Her sister Victoria was also in the car.

( Nessa ) "Driver, take us quickly to the expensive jewelry store on Fifth avenue and park around the corner"

( Driver ) Yes Ma'am

( Victoria ) "You are going to indulge yourself again aren't you?"

( Nessa ) " Sorry Vick, it's what I Do!"

Vanessa summoned her staff and armor. She then took a few things out of a hidden box in the limo, attaching them to her belt. Lastly, she drew up the hood and put on the green goggles, and as part of the armor summoning, her hair turned a bright Kelly green. Exiting through the sun roof, a leap brought her clear of the vehicle and an acrobatic landing brought her to the sidewalk. She made her way towards the shop in question and decided to examine the perimeter of the area.

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 2, 2018 | night | NYC—the crime scene

Valerie (mine), Martin (mine)
Dean (@LuckycoolHawk9), Layla (@LuckycoolHawk9), Firefly (@Michale CS), John (@LuckycoolHawk9), Mike (@LuckycoolHawk9)

From his vantage point hundreds of feet above the ground, Spectre's glowing green eyes spotted the activity far below, leading the young ectoplasmic mutant to redirect his casually observant flight course, angling invisibly and steeply downward. As he drew near, pulling up on the roof of a nearby building, the words of the people who he had spotted became clear.
"...my sister's body? Do you know what the fuck happened or how the fuck she was murdered?"
"We don't-"
"That sentence better not end with 'know who murdered her.' It's your job to figure this out."

The vigilante grimaced in sympathy for the young woman who had to deal with the wrath of the one speaking, wishing he could intervene but also aware that his sudden appearance would not be taken well.

His boots settling on the slanted surface with barely a whisper, he lowered to crouch on the balls of his feet with a steadying hand to the shingles, pulling out his phone with his other hand and opening the group text he shared with his two closest friends and allies.

John: just came upon a police investigation—there's a lot of broken glass and I think I see a body in there
Martin: alive?
John: don't think so—someone mentioned "murdered"
John: I can see two officials from my location preoccupied with a few civilians out front. One of them's causing quite a ruckus—sounds like the body was his sister

Martin: oh dear
Valerie: Can you get in there?
John: I think so—security's tight but they don't seem to have prepared for an invisible intruder

Lifting smoothly from the roof, Spectre swooped over the police line and into the building to crouch half-kneeling beside the corpse of the victim, noticing a flicker of light near her as he swept an observant eye around the room. When his gaze finally settled on her, he shuddered.

John: oh
John: oh wow
John: she's been burned, badly

Martin: burned?
John: yeah
John: this was definitely a meta
John: I'm going to stick around, see what I can pick up

Valerie: Careful, John, don't get yourself in trouble
John: trouble seems to find me anyway but I'll do my best

Cautiously drawing up straight, he lifted into the air and left the way he had come to resume his earlier vantage point, taking up a state of quiet observance in preparation for potential necessary action.

Last edited:
Michael looked around, not certain what to make of it. He just knew that if he didn't calm down soon, he would accidently use his powers. He didn't want to do it.... especially not near his body.

" D-d-o you k-know who d-d-did it?" He asked, looking at the detective, wondering if there was any answers to what had happened. He knew it had just happened, but he figured there was some evidence around to help the detective. He tried to read the detective's expression.

John let out a sigh, not wanting to make the kid any more scared, but he also didn't want to lie either.

" As of right now, we don't have any leads to what happened. The only facts we have gathered so far is that your sister was killed by a powered individual and that there was a jewel theft involved. Now, the problem is the footage is corrupted and it is uncertain if it was the individual stopping her from stealing and the killing was an accident or if they were stealing and she was trying to return it and was murdered."

Michael tilted his head before he decided to ask a question. " D-d-do you know where the jewels are?" He asked the detective. If the jewels were gone, maybe it had been a robbery gone wrong. At least it would offer some closure to his brother and things could get back to normal, or well relatively for his family at least though.

John paused. " The jewels are missing. The cameras were out, so it is impossible to know if they were stolen by the powered individual, taken by a thief in the area or were burned with your sister." Mike somehow remained calm throughout all of this.

" Do you at least know how she died?" Dean asked, looking over at the ME, wondering if she was going to answer him on the matter. As Dean was questioning the ME, Aimee would notice something strange about the heat level. It wasn't that it wasn't hot, but it was certainly NOT hot enough to kill the girl. Actually, it wasn't even hot enough to melt the ice on her dead body. That was strange.

" It is difficult to pinpoint the exact moment of death here. It seems that there are two possible causes of death. One option is that the fire that was burning killed her or pushed into the glass.... however, she could have just as easily been killed by the ice. We don't even know what happened yet. The camera angles were changed." Sometimes Layla hated her job and this was one of those moments.

When Vanessa explored the perimeter of the area, she would find that all of the other cameras in the area had been destroyed. It seemed that whoever did this only wanted that one camera to work. If Vanessa also looked closely, there seemed to be a garbage bag poking out, ripped open and garbage on the floor. There seemed to be something glimmering in the pile. She could investigate that, but there was more thing of note. There was a second dead body..... exactly opposite the current dead body.

John who had finished calming down Mike turned and also noticed the other body. " Well, that's problematic.... that's the powered individual from the tape."

Layla sighed. " It couldn't possibly get worse now, could it?"

As if on cue, a man walked up. "
Well, a double murder case, this was certainly make an interesting story," the man said, looking at the scene.

" Angelo motherfucking Rose, you are not about to make my sister's murder your next story," Dean said, glaring at the man.

" Freedom of the press says I can," Angelo calmly replied, not even blinking and ignoring the glare entirely. Well, it seemed there was certainly things to investigate and more importantly, a lot of people around to help figure out this murder.

@Michale CS @Gands @Astroblaze

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Vanessa looked closely at the sparkly things peeking out in the trash bin. Summoning her staff, to turn very slightly the face of the dead body.

" Hello Detective Clark, CSI Jones. It appears Blaze had something to do with your crime. The jewels seem to be near the body by the way. Judge Chambers, Mister Chambers. "

She gives a polite nod to each of them in turn.

" Forgive my intrusion gentlemen. I will offer both my condolences and any assistance that you would like. "

She turned back to Clark...

"Detective, you will notice that every other Camera in this area has been tampered with in the extreme. They only wanted that one camera to be witness to this deed. "

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Now that she knew that she wouldn't be a suspect, Amiee 'left' the scene. At least long enough to duck into someplace nearby and come back as Firefly.

Meanwhile...

"Oh Em Gee, another body! Geez, I gotta Instagram this! It'll totally go viral!" Cyndee tried to push her way in, cell phone held out in front of her, when she collided with the reporter, literally.

"Oh Hel-lo there honey! I'm Cyndee. Cyndee Climbon. Nice running into you!" She tucked her phone away and extended her hand to him.

A short time later...

Firefly arrives on the scene, at about two feet tall. Enough to blur her face from the heat she was giving off, but not enough to where being close to her was dangerous - unless they were right above her, she was creating a thermal so she didn't cook anyone within five feet of her. "I was in the area. Can I help?" Glancing over at the body, she shook her head. "I think you'll find the heat didn't kill her. worst that could have done was cause a draft to knock her back into what did kill her... maybe."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Astroblaze

April 2nd, 2018- 8:55 PM - The Nook, 161 Lafayette St. New York

The shop was pretty dead. The switch over from coffee to booze had been quick and simple enough, Meg and Charles were in the back doing whatever prep that they needed to for the night, a single man almost sleeping on the bar the only soul in the establishment as the tall brunette wiped down the taps. Clenching her jaw as she glanced over towards the shaggy, dirty, slightly foul smelling man that was nodding off, the woman tossed her rag over her shoulder. Slamming her palm against the bar a couple times she glared at the man who almost fell off the stool. Wide, terrified pale blue eyes staring at her.

"Finish it, pay and out." she pointed from the pint to the door.

Garbled nonsense was from the gravelly sounding man who looked away and struggled to take hold of the pint before sipping at it.

"You can barely sit up and you can barely speak. I am not serving you anymore, don't give me lip and hurry up. You do not want to be on my bad side." she leaned towards the man who slowly turned around to eye her.

Taking back the last quarter in one gulp the man slammed the glass on the wood and tossed a few bills upon the bar before stumbling off the stool and making his way towards the door. Ana watched him closely, flinching at the sudden sound of sirens bursting through the air, only growing louder for a brief moment as the door was opened. The vehicles sped across asphalt as the sirens grew distant enough to still pierce the woman's ears but perhaps not register as loudly to others. Looking out the window with her mouth slightly agape she stood tall and folded her arms across her chest before walking out from behind the bar. Switching on of the TV's to the local news channel she took a seat on one of the stools and simply watched the scree. Should anyone walk in she would see them or at the very least hear them.

Meghan stepped out of the kitchen wiping her hands on her apron as she approached Anastasia. "Something going on?" she asked curiously as she looked from the woman up to the screen.

"Don't know yet." amber eyes stayed focused on the screen as the brunette started to rock herself on the back legs of the stool. "Cops just flew by, sirens went off like maybe a minute ago." she stated simply as her whole head turned, her eyes falling upon the blonde with a small smile.

"Oh." Meg looked back to the TV as she cleared her throat and swallowed back. "I guess you'll be keeping an eye on it." she chuckled awkwardly.

"Well whoever looks up at that TV when the crews arrive will be keeping an eye on it." Ana explained with a small laugh, her attention returning to the screen.

The silence grew thick between the two women, the front door opening as a young man wearing a fedora, maroon pants, loafers and an oddly patterned shirt stepped in. Both women turning to look at the man. "Damian, thanks for coming by." Meg commented as she approached the man and gave him a hug, Anastasia's response was to simply clench her jaw. "We've got a few people coming in tonight Ana. Are you good to help with set-ups? Once I finish with prep in the back I'll come out and give you a hand if you need it."

"Yeah, it's no problem, go do what you gotta do. I'll help him."
She placed the remote on the bar and got off the stool as she approached the other two and started helping Damian with his things.

Last edited:
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 2, 2018 | night | NYC—the crime scene

Valerie (mine), Angelo Rose (@LuckycoolHawk9), Emerald Dream (@Gands), John (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Firefly (@Michale CS)

Spectre glanced over as two other heroes, recognizable as Emerald Dream and Firefly, joined the rapidly growing group in front of the crime scene, voicing their intents to help. Noting that an all-too-familiar reporter had also shown up, he frowned reproachfully.

John: Oh joy—Mr. Rose just showed up. Sounds like he's going to be as obnoxious as usual
Valerie: oh lovely
Valerie: because he's always fun to deal with

John: I think I might try to convince him not to turn this into a front-page headline just yet
John: He doesn't usually listen but hey, maybe he'll grow some respect this time

Valerie: that would be a welcome miracle
John: For sure
John: In any case, I think I'll get more information if I speak with the others directly—ttyl

Lifting from the roof, the mutant invisibly glided over to land beside the journalist, folding his arms as he dropped invisibility.

"Mr. Rose, do us all a favor and put away your notepad. If I've read this situation correctly, it would be in everyone's best interest to keep this on the down-low for the time being. I'm sure you'll have your chance to build your story at a later point in the process."

That said, he turned his attention to the others, dipping his head to Emerald Dream and touching a wrapping-bound hand to his forehead as if doffing a nonexistent cap with a polite "Ma'am." Having encountered her a number of times in the field, he had grown to admire her strength and clear dedication to training and self-improvement. She was also quite attractive, but that was hardly relevant in this circumstance.

He then turned to John with a nod and a greeting "Detective." before straightening, his tone turning practical and business-like. "Firefly is right: the heat was severe but couldn't have killed her. The ice might have?" —his brow furrowed as he spoke, shoulders raising in a slight shrug—"but it's difficult to tell and I'm no doctor."

Turning his eyes back to Emerald Dream, he continued, "You found the body of the super captured in the security footage, correct? What would you figure their powers were and how might they have been killed?" He paused for a moment, considering what he had seen. "I could also see something sparkling in that ripped garbage bag but couldn't tell what it was from my vantage point." The implied question would likely be obvious.

Last edited:

Emerald has a serious expression on the parts of her face that are visible.

" You'll forgive me if I am hesitant to offer any guesswork just yet Spectre. "

With a gloved hand she takes out a small cheap notepad and a pen. She writes on it, handing it to Spectre. (( The body's nickname was Blaze... you can extrapolate what his powers were from that ! Something odd happened here. She was burned... He was killed and the jewels weren't taken. Smells of mind control ? Did someone know she was Judge Chamber's sister ? ))

"You can hand that to Firefly when you are done with it. I would assume she'll burn it. No offense mister handsome reporter, but I don't trust you ! As for looking at the body, I'm trying to be a good girl and wait for CSI Jones to look at it. "

@Astroblaze @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

When Vanessa would look closely at the sparkly things peeking out of the trash can, she would see that there were jewels peeking out of the trash can.

" Hello, CSI Jones. I would say that from the other dead body, that was obvious. So, if the jewels are near the body, it had nothing to do with the jewels out. That rules out petty thievery as a motive for the murder," John replied.

Dean wondered how long this was going to be a spectacle for.

" Forgive my intrusion gentlemen. I will offer both my condolences and any assistance that you would like. "

" It's only an intrusion if you have nothing to offer the case. I would say that offering assistance, you belong here."

John looked back at her too.

" Yes, it does seem that all of the cameras had been tampered. Actually, I noticed that they had been frozen. Perhaps there is another meta involved with this. Blaze wasn't known for his ice making skills."

" Of course, it would be more than one meta. My family doesn't exactly have the best track record, seeing as my father has put a lot in jail for not paying their bills," Dean replied, running his hand through his hair.

Meanwhile...

Angelo didn't mind that there was someone else who wanted to take an Instagram photo, or he wouldn't if she had knocked him over. Of course, in his line of work, he expected this short of thing.

" Well, hello to you too. Angelo Rose," he replied, extending his own hand to shaking hands with her. It wasn't every day a pretty woman ran into you.

Layla tried to not roll her eyes, but at the rate that people were arriving, she was starting to want put an open crime scene sign in front of. It made her job more difficult. She ignored the two foot tall hero and went to go and examine the body. " It seems that our other meta was supposed to appear to be strangled to death However, whoever did this was a novice murderer at best as he used the same MO on the other victim. A burn that wasn't enough to kill and the ice post mortem. Whoever did this made it so they appeared close to these two. Maybe a shapeshifter."

Dean looked around and noticed that Mike had left. Kid was probably terrified that he had left for home. He would sent a text to his father to check up on his kid brother when he got a chance. Hopefully, he had taken the safe streets home and wasn't doing something stupid.

Angelo turned over to Spectre who had landed next to him. Sometimes he wondered if he would get used to people from thin air.

" It's fine if I put my notepad away, I got a photographic memory. The notepad is mostly just for show, and I can't promise that I can keep a secret. I mean, a murder like this is once in a life. Kind of Romeo and Juilet. A girl from a meta-hating family and a boy who was a meta. Kind of New York's worst kept secret. Might want to get those cameras working again.

Dean growled when Angelo mentioned this. Yes, his family knew and didn't approve of the relationship, but the way he made it sound just sounded so wrong. This wasn't a murder. It was a suicide and never had he wanted to punch someone more in his life. He however, kept his calm, trying to remember better times than what had just happened.

"
That is an interesting theory you have. It might be possible that the ice did cut off their breathing and killed them. Though that only leaves one problem. How could the burns be on both bodies? I have never met a meta who can wield both fire and ice at once. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't encountered one though."

It seems that the only thing left was to try to see if the tampered cameras had accidently caught something, double check the body the ME examined or to search the surrounding for any strange happening. There was a bar not too far. Maybe somebody there had seen something?

The Nook- 9:15 PM

At about 9:15, a blonde man walked into the bar. " I'll take one beer when you get a chance," he said, looking at the bartender. Whenever his beer would arrive, he would carefully warm it with fire and then mixed some ice. " Not quite a hot drink, not quite cold and certainly not for the faint of heart," he replied, looking at the TV. That was certainly a crowd for his murder. " Could you turn that up?" He asked. Hopefully, his shifting from Mike hadn't been caught on camera, but only time would tell. It wasn't like anybody knew he existed, not even the other minds he was forced to share this one body with.

@Astroblaze @Michale CS @Gands @Huntress

JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 2, 2018 | night | NYC—the crime scene, The Nook

Angelo Rose (@LuckycoolHawk9), Emerald Dream (@Gands), Firefly (@Michale CS), John (@LuckycoolHawk9), "Mike" (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Layla (@LuckycoolHawk9)

"It was a figure of speech, Mr. Rose," the mutant sighed as he accepted the notepad from the green-clad heroine. He nodded thoughtfully as he read the note, finally agreeing "That is entirely possible, but frankly I hope you're wrong—it always makes things more complicated." Wondering if she wanted Firefly to read the note as well or had just forgotten about his own limited pyrokinesis, he tore off and passed the paper to the smaller heroine anyway in case of the former. Taking up the pen, he wrote a more detailed response to Emerald Dream in his own left-handed scrawl:

One major facet that confuses me is the presence of ice on the girl's body. If Blaze had already killed her, why did the other meta feel the need to blast her again? Trying to take credit? If that is the case, why did they freeze up the other cameras so their involvement could not be seen? It's also unlikely that Blaze would have killed himself, meaning that the other meta must have burned and frozen him, unless the other meta had a companion and each of them used their respective powers on him and the girl. Why also were the diamonds found in a garbage bag near Blaze? Why would he kill the thief and then become the thief himself? That might support your mind control theory unless Blaze had already been on his way to steal the exact same jewels. I'm unfamiliar with him so I don't know if he's good or no.

Glancing up at movement in the corner of his eye, he noticed Mike slipping away from the scene, heading down the darkened street with a posture and stride that raised the mutant's suspicions.

In the meantime, I think I'll go check why that guy's off in such a hurry.

Handing the notepad and pen back to her and taking note of the ME's exasperated look, Spectre declared, "There are too many people here as it is and I doubt that I'll be of any help, so I'll be on my way." He turned to the detective, offering the man a quick two-fingered salute. "Good luck. If my help is needed, I'll be in the area."

With that, he activated his invisibility and slipped away, tailing Mike quickly but silently, boots gliding along the asphalt with barely a whisper.

But the man was no longer Mike. He had become a taller, blonde-haired man, anxious shuffling turned to confident strides. Spectre frowned: a shapeshifter then? Oh boy, those were always fun to deal with. Plus, hadn't the detective mentioned something about a shapeshifter?

Once he had reached a sufficient distance from the crime scene to be out of the all-too-revealing glare of the brilliant spotlights, Spectre ducked into a shadowed crevice between a couple buildings and with a smooth shifting of colors and form, he switched into his human alias. Shrugging his dull brown leather jacket closer around him, John slipped his hands into his pockets and followed "Mike" as he walked into the bar, keeping back far enough that he wouldn't realize that he was being tracked.

When he entered the establishment, "Mike" had taken a stool at the bar and was sipping at a full mug of beer, eyes fixed on the television fastened to the wall where John was surprised to note the crime scene that he had just left was being broadcasted—so much for keeping the incident on the down-low. Sliding onto the stool next to the other man and noting in the process how much bigger than him this form of "Mike" was, John scanned the menu, not terribly partial to alcohol but aware that he needed to get something to avoid raising suspicion. In the meantime, he needed to find some tactful method to strike up a conversation to get the answers he was looking for. Hopefully that would be possible without fighting the guy: John was certain that he was much stronger than the other man despite the size difference due to how the mutation had enhanced his own strength, but he still would rather not have this come to blows.

"Pretty crazy, huh?" he noted, nodding to the scene on the television with a friendly smile cast to the other man. "What do you think happened?"

Last edited:
CynDee:

" Well, hello to you too. Angelo Rose," he replied, extending his own hand to shaking hands with her. It wasn't every day a pretty woman ran into you.
"So yeah, I just happened to be here. That kinda thing happens to me a lot. I end up places where interesting stuff is happening. It's kinda like my super power, except I'm just a normal woman. Even the boobs are real." She adjusted her bra for emphasis. "What're you doing after this, Angelo? We could go grab drinks somewhere? Dancing? Karaoke?" by this point she'd entirely forgotten she was supposed to be running interference for Amiee and went into...

tumblr_ov7jz0ADcL1v4u49oo1_400.gif
Super Pursuit Mode.

Firefly.jpg
(( The body's nickname was Blaze... you can extrapolate what his powers were from that ! Something odd happened here. She was burned... He was killed and the jewels weren't taken. Smells of mind control ? Did someone know she was Judge Chamber's sister ? ))
Paper was an issue, but she managed to backbreeze the heat around her long enough to read the note. It combusted afterward, quickly. Probably best anyway. She flit over to Emerald and whispered an address to her. It was a small Ma and Pa pizza shop not far from the scene. She added "Us hero types will meet later." to the whisper.

" That is an interesting theory you have. It might be possible that the ice did cut off their breathing and killed them. Though that only leaves one problem. How could the burns be on both bodies? I have never met a meta who can wield both fire and ice at once. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't encountered one though."
"My guess would be a power mimic, or someone really horrible at trying to frame someone... I'll let you get to the actual forensics, I'm only an expert on thermodynamics, not the rest of this."

With that, Firefly headed off to go to the address she'd whispered to Emerald. Really all they'd be is in the way now. They had plenty of clues to discuss.

@Astroblaze @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Date: April 2, 2018
Time: 9:11 p.m.

Faint thuds echoed almost lonesomely amidst the empty alleyways as Eloise dropped down onto the metal stairs that were attached to an apartment complex, safely away from where her recent crime has took place. She surveyed the alley, searching for any sign of any moving figures before slumping down on the Fire Exit she landed on, taking a deep breath. Blood that was definitely not her own slightly smearing onto the walls.

Sprain on the left ankle. Two of her needles lost. Damn, she really has to work on her escape routes.

That's worth no activity for at least three weeks lest she becomes conspicuous. She groaned, taking off her medical mask. "Great job Poltergeist." she muttered under her breath, slowly rubbing her left ankle and testing her pain threshold. She'll have to frequent the pawn shop less until her sprain heals.

She couldn't steal any money from the endeavor. One might say that performance was a failure. But with three casualties, a broken car, and a thrashed establishment, she felt proud of what she has accomplished despite the sprain. Small price to pay however, she thought. She's had her fill of destruction now; that's going to have to make do for now until her itch returns.

A police alarm blazed through the road, surprising Eloise. She instinctively raised her medical mask and took a needle from her upper right arm pocket, before it slowly faded in the background. She steadied her breath and clambered down the Fire Exit, making sure to land on her right foot first. Visualizing the routes on how to get back to her home without being seen, she ran to the best of her capabilities back home, activating Shadestep.

Even at this wounded state, she wouldn't miss a beat in getting a story out of this.

She has a job to secure, after all.​

--------------------

Time: 9:12 p.m.

The night was still young when Carter walked out of his doorstep in search for an early night inspiration.
Beat up iPod in his pocket and his camera in his hands, he walked around well-worn pavement in what he speculates another fruitful attempt to will away his Photographer's block, which was becoming a nuisance to be frank.

Sure enough, after two hours of walking to the sound of vintage Maroon 5 and the Bee Gees, he assumed that he lost more calories in a day trying to grasp for something that will not be given until Life gives up adding more weight his already arduous life. Reshuffling his playlist until he heard John Denver and smiling, he took it upon himself to go the long way around the place before promptly passing out onto his bed.

He opened his bag and placed the camera haphazardly inside it while readjusting his earbuds. After walking almost mindlessly onto the roads, he saw the flashing lights of telltale red and blue. Curiosity piquing, he steadily roved faster, stopping slightly on his tracks after hearing what appears to be footsteps from an alley before trudging onto his destination. Crime scene, great. Just what this backwater city needed.

He couldn't gain a clear visual on the account of the amount of people circling the scene itself. He could make out what appears to be a body that's nigh on its way into being a cadaver amidst the distorted shadows that draped it from the lamp posts and the moon. A figure seemed to peel away from the distance with one going into a bar called The Nook. Although he was on the middle of his sober streak and he only drank on two occasions with both leading to more than one hickeys and a lot more bruises than necessary, it was more interesting than what he had in mind anyway.

Holding the straps of his bag tight, he walked towards the bar, opening the doors silently as he walked and sat in a polite distance from the two individuals, eyes quickly scanning the establishment, them, and the bartenders. He glanced at the TV that appears to be reporting the aforementioned crime scene before fishing his wallet out from his right pocket.

"Do you have anything sweet?" Carter asked, fighting his smartass smirk from revealing.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Emerald Dream

She didn't say anything, especially with Cameras and reporters around. Nor did she interfere much more with the female CSI that was working the scene. She noted the positions of other cameras in the area. After the small flaming girl whispered to her she gave a brief nod, watching her leave.

She left her card with the Detective and Dean Chambers. Then she walked over to the reporter Angelo, giving him a respectful nod. She figured he'd know how to get ahold of her if he really wanted to. He had been useful. She rarely paid much notice to the society stuff anymore.

Walking away, she was aware of some cameras going off or simply following her. She tapped a gadget on her belt that emitted a signal that blurred digital cameras a bit as she rounded a corner. There in a brief moment, her armor changed into street clothes, with a thin cute hooded top and dark glasses. She pulled up the hood as she walked.

From a completely fashion less fanny pack she retrieved a couple of tools and climbed up to work on one of the damaged Cameras. She retrieved the memory, copied it onto another small gizmo and put it back intact.

From there to the pizza place then the bar.. She had a hunch... She always listened to her hunches. A brief discussion on her phone...

" Hey Sis, a couple of things. By now you'll know who the bodies were. Look into her as discretely as possible and her entire family. Reason to suspect one of them might have plenty of reason to be involved in some way. Have one of your staff check into any reported metas that use both Hot and Cold powers or mind control or possession from our database. Lastly, have a cab go pick me up at a neighborhood bar called the Nook. Use Jimmy's Emerald Cab Company and aim for about 45 minutes"

From there a quick walk to the pizza place.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Astroblaze @vantas @Huntress

Last edited:
April 2nd, 2018- 9:05 PM - The Nook, NYC

Ana had spent a good amount of time helping Damian set up. The bar was dead and thus she was in no rush. This way, by the time he was ready for a sound check Meghan would be finished the prep in the kitchen with Charles and she'd be able to come work her magic in making this guy sound phenomenal. The brunette stood by the small sound mixer with her arms folded across her chest as she watched the man wait. Catching a glimpse of blonde locks come around from the corner of her eye, Anastasia looked at Meg who approached with happiness in her eyes. Watching her work and listening for the differences in the projection of sound and how the frequencies were adjusted, Ana found herself watching the blonde closely. The adjustments being made to knobs and sliders almost passing through her sensitive ears unnoticed; yet somehow Meg knew exactly what needed to be tweaked and by how much. Amber eyes flicked up from the soundboard and towards Damian as the young man strummed and sang along. Eventually she stood tall with a deep breath and looked over at Meg again. "I still don't know how you do it." She commented simply.

Her boss chuckled and looked over at her. "It's really not that hard to grasp. Once you know what you have to do and know what all the buttons and knobs do you're pretty much set." She explained as she finished and looked towards Damian, giving him a thumbs up she nodded to him as he responded with his own nod and started with his first song.

"Maybe I'm just not musically gifted or inclined." Anastasia spoke with a hint of sarcasm as she chuckled.

"Don't make it seem like it's a bad thing Ana." Meg seemed a little offended but was still calm in her words.

The tall brunette looked at the blonde and shook her head. "No that's not what I'm saying at all Meg. I'm jealous of it, is what I'm trying to say." She explained and looked towards the front door. It seemed that some customers had stumbled upon their little establishment.

9:15 PM

Meghan scoffed as she looked at Ana. "What reasons would you have to be jealous of something normal like that?" Cloudy green irises shifted to the incoming patrons. Sighing the blonde stepped in behind the bar to reach the couple customers on the other side while Ana dealt with the blond man and the darker haired man.

Choosing not to make much conversation with the odd and off putting blond man, Ana watched him with a clenched jaw after placing a pint in front of him. His odd mumbles causing a dark brow to come up as she took hold of the TV remote and turned up the news. It seemed the reporters didn't know much at all about what had happened information was coming in sporadically. The name of the jewelry store was mentioned, casualties were mentioned although names of the deceased had not yet been released and of course the first question to come up was, 'were mutants involved with this?'

Ana scoffed at the sound of the word she despised as she cleaned and put away some glasses that were coming out of the steamer. Humans had played a much larger role than they were aware of in the creation of 'mutants' and 'powered people',whatever else they wanted to call them, and now they were implementing every possible law or rule against them just to stay in control. 'Don't run stupid experiments if you can't handle the outcome.' she told herself as she finished with the minuscule task at hand and approached the customer who had taken a seat next to the blonde man. Hazel eyes were looking towards the menu before he seemed to try and start a conversation with the odd large fellow who liked to speak to himself but was also very interested in the local news. "Can I help you find something on the menu or maybe get you started with a drink?" Ana asked, amber eyes looking towards the man, brows coming up in conjunction with her question.

Meghan had found herself glancing over to the television as Ana turned it up. Clenching her jaw the blonde couldn't help but notice her employee grow irritated with the first question brought up by the reporter. Keeping an eye on her for just a moment longer she was quickly pulled back into work as the man sitting at the other side of the bar brought up a question. "Anything sweet?" She asked, cloudy green's looking at the man as the blonde pondered for a moment. "I'm sure we could figure something out. Do you have anything specific you're looking for?" She asked.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

INTERACTIONS:

ANASTASIA
- LuckycoolHawk9 - Logan Campbell
- Astroblaze - John Reidenbach

MEGHAN
- vantas - Carter Quimora

[ Gands , I wasn't sure how you wanted Vanessa involved so I'm leaving it open to have you come in however you please.]

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Astroblaze
firefly-jpg.158833
From there to the pizza place then the bar.. She had a hunch... She always listened to her hunches. A brief discussion on her phone...

" Hey Sis, a couple of things. By now you'll know who the bodies were. Look into her as discretely as possible and her entire family. Reason to suspect one of them might have plenty of reason to be involved in some way. Have one of your staff check into any reported metas that use both Hot and Cold powers or mind control or possession from our database. Lastly, have a cab go pick me up at a neighborhood bar called the Nook. Use Jimmy's Emerald Cab Company and aim for about 45 minutes"

Firefly was sitting at the pizza place when Emerald arrived. She was at like 95% of her full size, just enough to get a good face blur from the heat but not enough to stand out as being freakishly short. The girl arrived alone, and Cyndee was who knows where with that reporter by now, so this felt like she'd been mostly stood up. Amiee knew that there were several metas at the scene. Eh, she wasn't the leader type, she knew but maybe the others were late or something? She waved at the woman when she arrived - it would be hard to miss Amiee's red almost-costume and naturally red hair.

@Gands

Reactions: Huntress
Vanessa and Amiee meet. {{ AKA Emerald Dream and Firefly }}

Vanessa, now in civilian clothes, green hooded top, jeans, green belt and boots with sunglasses, walks over to Firefly's table and sits down.

" Hello again "

"Oh... um... didn't realize we were going casual here or I would have done the same." She returns the last couple inches to full height which kills the heat blur on her face. "Kinda new to working with others in this job, if you follow."

" Indeed, However It is probably time some of us join forces I think. "

"Yeah. Though, I do this like... extremely part time. I have a job which barely pays for my expenses and I don't need to tell you that the other job doesn't pay. I'll do what I can, though. It'd be nice if I were a trust fund baby or something but... I'm a waitress." She shrugged.

Vanessa tilted her head for a moment,

" if you can get me a resume, I'll see what I can do to help. Meanwhile though, we should discuss the crime. I have resources looking into some things. "

"Uh, sure. I wasn't fishing for a job, just giving you a heads-up about my availability." She looked decidedly uncomfortable. "Well, we all figured out that that crime was... very strange. I mean, if someone was trying to frame someone, they did a horrible job of it. And the way the powers were used... well it may not have even been powers. A little gasoline and laundry detergent could make sticky fire like we saw on the vic, and for the ice... well, tap water and a liquid nitrogen fire extinguisher... so it may have been a meta or someone trying to make it look like metas..."

"Two things I noticed, first, the reporter said that the primary victim and the meta had a relationship going. I'm fairly certain her family, two of which were present didn't like that idea. One of them left the area quickly... seeming distraught. "

"Second, it seems odd in the time involved to affect so many Cameras so quickly, still murder the two.. not take money or Jewels.."

" Makes her our best candidate for intended victim "

"Prejudice. I get it. So that ties in with what I was thinking, that it was attempted, badly to make it look like a meta did it but, it's probably someone in the bigoted family that did it."

" yes, and being part of the family doesn't preclude them from being Meta, and if they are... to me, makes them a good candidate for mental issues of some sort with the family being so anti meta"

"Yeah, I guess if you were a meta and your family hated them, you'd be kind of stuck. Couldn't tell anyone, and would have to tow the line of being anti-... well anti-you. That would twist anyone up, I bet." Amiee replied.

Vanessa smiled. " You have a good head on your shoulders I think. Do you believe in hunches... ?"

"If I didn't I wouldn't have gotten far doing this. I've just had a handful of community college courses on the absolute basics of forensics, though I do have a degree in thermodynamics because... duh. Did you have an idea?" She replied, cocking her head.

"One of the meta's who was there at the scene... a phantom like fellow... He set off after one of the younger brothers... remember the one who left rather quickly and prematurely from the scene of his sister's death ? One of my lesser known abilities is... luck... and I had a strong hunch that we should go find that bar... The Nook"

"Luck. Well, that's something I wish I had. And if you think that's where we should go, I'm in for it. To be honest, I don't usually do the mystery busting kind of case. I kinda fly up to bad guys and melt or burn stuff - usually their costumes - until they give up. Not many people will continue to fight you once they're basically sunburned and naked." She stood up. "Lead the way."

" Do you want to take a moment to change into ... something more casual ? "

"Oh I have a set of clothes tucked away in the restroom here. Was going to swap into them after whatever confab we had here. Gimme a few and I'll be back." Amiee darted off to the back of the place."

Though Amiee was 26 and intelligent, it was obvious that she had some growth to do maturity wise.

Vanessa waited as she thought about Amiee and how far & how soon to trust her.

She popped back out in a denim jacket white blouse and jeans. "All right...so, we should exchange our actual names, huh? I'm Amiee."

Vanessa smiled wider, Amiee having pushed the issue. " Vanessa "

"Cool. So, Vanessa, I sort of was my own ride here, if you get my meaning. If we're going to that bar you're going to have to be my ride." She shrugged. "I tend to be a little impulsive, and well, getting to that scene was faster that way."

" Not to worry, it's very close, a quick walk I believe " She pulls out a fancy phone and enters the name of the Bar, quickly the phone app comes up with a nearby address.

She gave Vanessa a thumbs up. "All right. Let's get going then."

It was in fact a rather short walk by how both women measure such things. From the bright of day into a darkened Bar, which already had a few people inside and a television set to news, with a familiar crime scene in the background.

Vanessa and Aimee sit down in a booth with a good view of the other bar patrons.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Astroblaze @Huntress @vantas

Time: 9:15 p.m.

"Anything sweet?" a blonde woman asked Carter, seconds after he asked. "I'm sure we could figure something out. Do you have anything specific you're looking for?" It was retarded for him to ask for something non-alcoholic in a bar despite the obvious choice to just choose soda instead, but then again he was only there to investigate the occurring events that made this night a good deal less lethargic than the others. Unintentional fitness regime, a crime scene, and now a massacre on the neighborhood pawn shop from what he's deciphered from the TV.

Yeah, this night is turning peachy keen.

"Just something that doesn't eat my money all that much like Honey Boo Boo's bank account to pizza poppers." Carter clarified, willing away any thoughts of the expected outcome that's doing its best to pull out a grin from his mouth. That parenthetical was uncalled for, but then again that was a habit he's trying to break. It could've been worse, really. He could've asked for apple juice.

Of course he kept his face composed. The last thing he wanted to do is get on the lady's bad side at this time of night. He pulled out five ten dollar bills from his pocket, as if signifying that this is the amount of money both of them were working with, and placed it down the counter. He took one last look at her eyes before inching slightly facing the TV. A reporter stringing out questions in stereotype reporter format.

"Bunch of asinine idiots." he muttered, eyes involuntarily rolling. "As if it's the situation's gonna get any better by asking questions to the camera and not the actual staff working on it." He pockets the wallet and pausing his iPod before devoting his attention to the bar. One of the bartenders were seemingly agitated by a question revolving mutants, so it's either they too acknowledge the idiocy of the question or that they're mutant. He wouldn't be surprised if it was either. He rested his side on the counter as he took a view of the place, immediately visualizing escape routes subconsciously despite his lack of control over the matter.

It only takes only one infrastructure fracture and a broken camera for a person to be paranoid.

Out of his stupor, he saw a woman walk into The Nook, for what he doesn't really know. One of the patrons were chatting up the person, slightly fidgeting as the report drones on. Carter caught his eye, recognizing the well-worn subtle nervousness in his eyes he has seen before. Suspicious, but then again who was he to actually judge. Here he was breaking his sober streak just to know what was actually going on.

He nodded towards the bartender serving him, entrusting his beverage on her hands, dirty blue eyes sweeping casually towards the TV eager to know the extents of how far the reporter's gonna embarrass herself further, his peripherals trained on the two gentlemen across him and half his concentration on the surroundings around him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Huntress
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 2, 2018 | night | NYC—The Nook

Ana (@Huntress), Emerald Dream (@Gands), Firefly (@Michale CS)
Carter (@vantas), Logan (@LuckycoolHawk9)

John looked up at the waitress' question, locking eyes with her for a moment. He sensed something off about her, an aura of superhuman strength similar to the kind he sensed from others like himself. Perhaps she also was a mutant? It was hardly a surprise if she were: he had long since gotten used to encountering other powered folk among the general public and work-force, especially since becoming one of those folk himself.

Realizing that his gaze was probably more intense than he intended, he defused it with a friendly smile. "Oh- yes, thank you. I'll take a small Pepsi."

As she turned away to get the drink, he glanced up at the sound of another person entering the establishment, discreetly using the reflective surface of a glass cabinet behind the counter to observe the newcomer. He seemed relatively young, perhaps close to John's age but significantly taller, dark hair, carrying a bag—wait, had he been watching John just then? Realistically, he was probably just curious—John himself had always kept a habit of observing the other people in any restaurant he entered even from a young age—but the mutant had learned always to be wary of strangers in his time as a vigilante, especially those giving him unprovoked attention.

Shortly after, a pair of women entered as the waitress set a glass in front of him, and John took his twisting around to retrieve his wallet from his back pocket as an opportunity to identify them as well. Well lovely, this place was filling up rather quickly: first an identified shapeshifter, second a total stranger, and now these two women who he also did not know.

Or did he? The blonde seemed oddly familiar. Something about her face-shape perhaps... John did a quick mental run-through of the faces he knew, comparing them to hers, and found that a certain green-haired individual in a hood and mask kept matching up. Could she really be Emerald Dream? He had to find some way to ask her, some way to identify himself without drawing unwanted attention, especially if he was wrong. But perhaps that wouldn't be as difficult as he had initially thought.

He quickly paid for his drink, then turning to the blonde over his shoulder, he dipped his head and touched a hand to his forehead in the exact same gesture that he had offered Dream at the crime scene. To anyone else it would probably seem weirdly formal but dismissible, but if it was Dream... well, she would know.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!