Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) IC

Vanessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

Vanessa moved with a deliberate ease into the museum. She was not at ease... but she was walking as if she had not a care in the world. In essence, The kind of walk that send she wanted to be ready for anything. With Aimee walking with her, in Vanessa's mind, having her back. She had big sunglasses on, high tech numbers that fed data into her phone.

e9b3063d0ce65859b22f288de35275a0.jpg

Coming into the Greek section of the museum she noticed a couple of things. Her sister's friend Valerie and the tall brunette from that bar. Who, stood in the door way to Medusa's section of the museum for a moment as if she were listening to something. Vanessa then noticed a teenager, being self absorbed. She played tourist and took pictures of everyone, everything, smiling... a tourist having a good time.

Vanessa took Aimee's hand, whispering...

"The sour brunette from the bar, with someone I know, a very talented Attorney who specializes in Collateral cases. There, going into the Medusa area. "

Vanessa waited for a moment, looking for anyone else watching, or even cameras.Aside from the departing crowd and the teenager there was nothing unusual. Then she proceeded towards that same area.

Without hesitation, she lead Aimee into the room where the brunette had gone. Once inside, the Blonde from the bar too was evident and looking relieved, talking to her friend.

( To Aimee, whispered ) " Keep an eye on the teenager, I'm going to talk to the bar ladies. "

She approached, a bit internally excited about the new complication, forgetting any lack of real skills with people for the moment.

" Ladies... Taking a day away from work ? "

@Astroblaze @Huntress @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

April 3rd - 2018 – The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC

"If you didn't feel safe then why did you come?" Ana asked Meg as she stood next to her and looked around the exhibit.

"I wanted to help. I'm involved and I know I told you to go and help the other heroes and stuff but I thought this was something I could do." The blonde looked away with a sigh as she faced Ana. "You've always been there for me ever since we met and I appreciate that, don't get me wrong but I've grown so used to you being around that it feels like I can't go anywhere without you." She looked into the amber eyes opposite her.

Anastasia looked down at Meghan as she swallowed back. "So you want me to stop being around?" She clenched her jaw and looked off to the side, there was a tightness in her chest as she took a shaky breath.

"No, no. I'm not saying I don't want you around Ana." Meghan chuckled. "I like that you're around, what I meant was that I need to regain that courage I had, and not stress about every person I walk by being out to get me. I'm not firing you or kicking you out or anything like that. You're part of my life, I don't want to loose you. You're not the problem here, I am. I just have to realize that sometimes things will come up and I'll have to deal with it on my own." She explained, bringing Ana's gaze to meet her own. Pushing up on her toes she hugged her friend tightly "You saved my life...literally...I have no plans on getting rid of you from it." She smiled.

Ana hugged her back tightly and nodded in response to her words. "Okay." She whispered. Clearing her throat she pulled away from the blonde and looked around. Placing a single hand on her hip she pushed some of her hair back before scratching her head and looking towards the four statues. They had to wait so might as well take a look at the exhibit, not that Ana needed to, she considered herself rather well versed in the myth. Picking a hero name just cause it sounded cool wasn't her cup of tea. "Did uh— Did you get a chance to look around?" She asked Meg. "Looks pretty cool. If we're waiting around might as well entertain ourselves." Ana chuckled.

"I did get a chance to look around a bit, but you showed up just before I finished reading about the big centerpiece." The blonde chuckled and looked at her friend before stepping forward to return to the plaque she had been looking at.

Meg had never been a rude or impolite person. It wasn't who she was. She had always been kind and understanding. Proper. She had practically just told Ana that she was too attached, too close, practically glued to her. She had been nice about trying to get her point across and it was true. Ana perhaps was a little too close for Meghan's comfort and it was fair for the blonde to ask for some space. Did Ana like it? Of course not. There was nothing she could do about it though, she simply had to oblige and give her friend what she wanted, she would find a way to deal with it and she would have to try her best not to let it get to her.

"The legendary indestructible shield." Meghan chuckled as she looked back towards Ana who hadn't even noticed her friend walk away. "Didn't there used to be a hero here in New York that went by that name?" She met her friend's eyes once Ana had joined her.

Folding her arms against her chest the brunette clenched her jaw. "I uh—" She cleared her throat. "I dunno. Maybe? I didn't really pay much attention to all the hero business...kinda just kept to myself." She explained in an attempt not to betray herself.

"I'm pretty sure." Meg turned to look at Ana. "She had this like sleeveless suit with black boots...I think. I dunno if she was around for too long but I remember hearing and seeing the name 'Aegis' on TV, in the newspapers, online. A few places actually." Meghan shrugged. "She probably quit like most of them. Could take a hit but wasn't strong enough to take the verbal stabs." She chuckled. "Do you think that's a common thing with heroes? You know, coming out and showing off but then running away and disappearing after some stabs and hate from people? I mean, if you think about it...They do what they do to help the people, they shouldn't be bothered by a few negative comments." The blonde continued.

"Well...I—I mean...They're still people too, right? They still have feelings. Nobody likes it when people talk shit. It's never a good feeling." Ana explained, shocked at Meg's thoughts towards Aegis. "Plus with all the collateral laws it only makes it easier for mobs of people to hop on the train to fight against heroes." She clenched her jaw.

"You don't think Heroes get a free pass from the city?" Meghan asked, expecting her stated question to be true as she walked passed a display.

"No. They don't. I mean...why would they? It would only cause more bullshit for them." Attempting to keep all this as a casual discussion was starting to grow harder as the brunette wasn't liking what she was hearing.

"Why?" Meghan laughed. "Because they do the cop's jobs better than they do, and they're not getting paid. It's the least this city can do."

Ana walked closer "That's like the biggest cause for problems for heroes." Now she was starting to speak from experience. "The city implemented the stupid laws so they could make more money from the heroes and villains. It doesn't matter if you're trying to help or not. They pay the police, don't pay the heroes and usually, more often than not, if you have powers and want to become a cop they won't let you, or they'll make it hard as fuck for you to get in. It's not like you can use your powers while you're on the force anyway. That just causes more problems." She spoke in a surprisingly calm manner, although the irritation was pretty evident in her voice.

"Did you apply to be a cop or something?" Meg asked with a raised brow as she had noticed the frustration in her friend.

Ana clenched her jaw and looked away with a brief sigh. "...Yes..." She muttered.

Meghan narrowed her eyes and was taken back slightly by the information. "Oh. Okay." She moved closer. "And they didn't take you because of your powers?" She asked, now the blonde was folding her arms across her chest as she looked at her friend.

"...Yes." Another mutter as Ana glanced at her friend.

Meghan scoffed and shrugged. "Their loss. You would've been an asset." She stated as she locked eyes with Ana. "That's a stupid rule anyway." Meg stated.

"Whatever, it's fine. I've been over it." Anastasia spoke simply before she heard another voice speaking to them. Narrowing her eyes she turned around and spotted two of the patrons from the bar. "Actually we're helping with something that might save several lives. Running a bar is a little less important." Ana explained. "I'm pretty sure we're all here for the same thing." She shrugged. "We're all just trying to help." This wasn't her bar or establishment. She was here to help, like they all were, there was no reason for bad blood.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
INTERACTIONS:

ANASTASIA
- Gands - Vanessa O'Toole

MENTIONS:
N/A

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands

Vanessa turned to Valerie with a smile, advancing to give her a hug.

"Nice to see you Val. "

Turning back to Anna and Meg, taking off her oversized glasses. She reached casually into a pocket and pulled out a business card, handing it to Meg.

( Vanessa O'Toole )* phone number*

"I expect we will need each other before we see the end of this. "

She then gestures with a smile to Aimee.

"This is my friend Aimee. "

@Huntress @LuckycoolHawk9 @Astroblaze @Michale CS

It wasn't long after they had ventured further into the park that Draku heard the footsteps of someone other than their own approaching them from behind, he would pause turning slightly as Daniel continued further in towards the fountain at the southwest corner of the park; unawares of his companion's halted steps. It wasn't very uncommon for Draku to be approached by the occasional awestruck civilian or overly curious child, but it wasn't everyday he was approached by a young adult such as the one who stood before him now. He wasn't sure what took him by surprise more, the comment on his appearance, the huge grin plastered across her face or the fact that she was the only other person other than Daniel to ever ask him his name. He looked back in the direction of his friend in the distance, probably too high to notice that he was no longer at his side, before looking back to the young woman. Daniel would probably advise against him using his actual name in this situation, always urging him to use one of his aliases; though no record of any kind would reveal a Draku Rodriguez in existence, but Daniel wasn't around. He was too busy poking around the fountain.

"My name?" he would question in response to her own, thinking for a moment before answering, "My name is Draku." he would say, stopping himself from prattling on with any unnecessary information about who he truly was, "And you are?" he would ask in return, the familiar sound of Daniel's glass jars clinking together within his bag coming from behind.

"Yo!!!!" came Daniel's voice as he exploded into view, playfully clipping Draku as he landed on his feet from the energetic leap he took from behind him, "What the hell are you do..." He would pause as he realized that Draku wasn't standing alone, feeling a tad sheepish at the fact that it took him this long to take notice of the chick standing there with his bud, "Oh shit, Drak, too young!" he'd laugh trying to play off his rude interjection in front of this complete stranger.

Draku would shake his head slightly, eyes closed in disbelief behind his shades,
Yup. High as a kite, he would think to himself, "My apologies for my friend here, young miss, he's an
acquired taste."
he'd say with a small grin.

Daniel would flash a huge smile before speaking once more,
"Yeeeeah, my bad. I don't think I got much of a filter between my mouth and my brain most of the time." he'd say laughing, extending a hand out to her, "The name's Daniel. I'm this big lug's handler." he'd say with a grin and wink.

It would seem that this little lady didn't offer much of a concern to Daniel, it was the first time Draku had ever heard him actually use either one of their names so openly; let alone even joke about their relationship to each other,
"Handler, huh?" Draku began as a voice could be heard from the fountain, "I think that's our cue." he would say bowing his head slightly at the young woman, "Once again, my apologies, but this sounds as if this is why we were summoned here." he would finish with a small wave farewell, turning to walk towards the forming crowd.

Daniel would pull his hand back and point with a snap before taking off behind Draku, the duo stopping just outside the large group as they listened to what the man from Superior Genetic Modifications Industries had to say.

As Nicholas Harris finished and the scavenger hunt was underway, Draku would stand with arms crossed and a brow raised as Daniel stood grinning like a fool at the mention of the experimental technology, "We don't need either of those things." Draku would state matter of factly, causing Daniel to look very suddenly in his direction with a look of surprise.

"What?" He would question with a small laugh, "You've gotta be kidding me! I've always wanted super powers, temporary or not."

"These guys weren't even allowed to perform their research on American soil, Kings. Whose to say that whatever they have in those syringes isn't some type of serum that causes you to go berserk and keel over after it's ran its course?"

Daniel would pull down his sunglasses just far enough to eye Draku with his own two eyes, "Are you serious? Have you always been this paranoid?" He would motion to everyone who had gathered round the speaker, "Do you really think these guys are gonna knowingly put something out there that'll hurt innocent people in the long run?"

"I think you're smarter than this, Daniel..." He'd growl in annoyance, "Even you yourself are always going on about how your people's own government is out to control the population in any way they can."

Daniel would sigh rolling his eyes as he pushed his shades back up, "Fine, Drak. Fine. Let's do it your way, man." he would pat his giant friend on the back, "Let me go and figure out some more about these documents these guys are going on about. I'll be right back."

Draku watched as he bounded off into the crowd, lost in his own thoughts once more as he looked to the sky awaiting Daniel's return.

Meghan looked towards the card she was handed as she stepped up next to Ana, who had turned to fully face the other blonde, arms folded across her chest as she clenched her jaw and watched. Taking the business card Meg was brief in glancing it over, but had lingered just enough to catch the name on it. "Vanessa." She smiled softly and nodded towards the other woman. "I'm sure we'll definitely be working together. Perhaps not myself specifically but my friend here will certainly be more active in helping you guys." Meg looked up at Vanessa before stealing a glance at Ana then nodding towards Aimee. "I'm Meg it's a pleasure." She smiled softly.

Ana had remained in the same spot, a little stiff, as she watched and listened. It was blatantly obvious that this Vanessa character did not like her. This warranted a clench and unclench of the brunettes jaw. Deciding not to linger on the thought of how...childish her reasons seemed to be for not liking her...then again Ana had reacted in a rather similar way the previous night. "I'm Ana." She cleared her throat as she nodded towards Vanessa and Aimee.

Meghan smiled as she looked at Ana and placed a hand on the middle of her back, a small rub following before she slowly let it slide off.

Ana's eyes grew wide for a brief moment, eyebrows rising upon feeling the contact from Meg. Swallowing back she looked away before bringing her attention to all the other women in the exhibit. She could feel the heat on her cheeks but she wasnt sure if it was evident.

"And this Is?" Meghan pointed towards the only unknown person to her among the small group.

"Oh, that's Valerie." Ana spoke up. "We came together." She nodded towards Meg.

"Pleasure to meet you too Valerie. I'm Meg." She nodded to her as well. Was that it then? It would just be the five of them? Meg knew what Ana could do but what about the others? Were any of them metahumans? If something went wrong would it be up to just Ana to help them? Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, hopefully there weren't any issues. Get the file and go, that's all Meghan wanted out of all this. Anything to stop whoever this supervillain was and whatever they were trying to do.

INTERACTIONS:

ANASTASIA & MEGHAN
- Michale CS - Aimee Maria Reed
- Astroblaze - Valerie Newman

MENTIONS:
N/A

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Astroblaze
Logan Campbell, John Clark, Colton Blake, Catherine Harris and Ian Booker

Logan pretended to be flipping through a brochure waiting for the perfect moment to steal the case file. He didn't notice anyone who was a threat, but all of that changed in the matter of a brief second. In walked the detective who could ruin everything that he worked so hard for. He cursed under his breath and looked around to find a break in everything to escape. He couldn't seem to find a way.

"
Hello everyone, I know that I am not the best help in the world, but I'm going to make sure you get that case file," he said, looking over at the others.

"
Case files, John, case files," a voice replied. Those who were at the bar would recognize it as Colton Blake. " Phantom Writer had a feeling that Myst was going to try to steal the files, but we were able to secure two of them and from what I was told from a police officer who was knocked out, Ana got the one that Logan Campbell had gotten." A cough could be heard from a side room. " Ahh, yes, please follow me," Colton replied, gesturing for them to follow him into the side room. Once everyone was gathered, Colton nodded and noticed Logan. " Mr. Campbell, it would be smart to drop your disguise. Myst has been playing you for a long time and I could tell that when I separated you."

Logan grumbled, but didn't drop his disguise. John, understanding that Logan was working for Myst slid the man into handcuffs. After a few moments, the others would hear footsteps as two people walked down the stairs. One was a recognizable face. It was judge Catherine Harris. The other was an unfamiliar man.

"
I'm sorry that Phantom Writer couldn't be in person to deliver in person, but he likes to keep his alias as ambigious. I'm Ian Booker, I'm one of his resident hackers and I was able to bring the file he has procured from the court house."

"
Likewise, Colton was able to secure one, so that brings our total to three. When we got the file though, we quickly noticed something, the case files seem to have the wrong documents and not just one or two pages, it seems that each file has pieces of the other one."

"
To put it simply, each file has five papers of document in it, but those papers are in the wrong folders. In order to see whatever great plan Myst has, you guys are going to have to procure all five of the files."

" Thankfully, my husband, who is not a nice man has started an event at the park. I know that normally you will get more at the tasks, but we need to help the people in the park secure the last two files if we want to figure out what Myst is up too."

" Likewise, it seems that Nicholas Harris is giving out power enhancers and temporary power givers. We need you to destroy those. They are very much like a drug and if anyone uses one, well, let's just say they will want more and more."

While the others had been distracted, Logan slid out of his handcuffs. " I thought those were the power handcuffs... fuck."

"
And stop Logan."

"
I wish we could be more help, but that's all we can do. We'll all meet again at Mr. Booker's house. It's secure."

@Gands @Michale CS @Astroblaze @Huntress

Last edited:
  • Love

Vanessa listened carefully to what was being said and by whom. Curious why the detective was participating and Judge Harris. She had more questions by far than answers, but that would now have to wait. The shifter had decided he didn't want to stay. Unfortunate.

(Mostly to Aimee and Anna ) " I have this one, keep an eye out for others, keep Val safe. "

Vanessa was wearing custom made boots, a little stiff with a good grip on the soles & not a lot of heel. She took off immediately after Logan the shifter. Now, she was not in fact a super speedster. But she was far from slow, faster than any human had a right to be. More of an assistance in this case than her foot speed, was her dexterity and coordination.

Vanessa's intent was to trip Logan by kicking one foot into the other, then tackle his falling form. .

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Astroblaze @Michale CS @Huntress

• Love
Victoria Murphy

Watching the circus with drones from the limousine, Victoria was of two minds. Part of her, the smaller part was curious and wanted to participate.

The smarter part was rather enthusiastic about not participating in the ensuing madness. The promised temporary meta power injectables made her suspicious as hell. She sent a text to her bodyguard.

{ What is your status ?}

@LuckycoolHawk9 @vantas

firefly-jpg.158833

Amiee was frankly, intimidated by Ana, even though she seemed in a better mood now. Her usual pleasing nature had sort have shut down on itself and all she could do is smile and nod through most of the interaction.

Upon getting the instructions from Vanessa, Amiee mostly followed them. She stayed nearby to keep the civilians safe, but she did send out a needle-thin heat blast at the fleeing Logan. If it hit where she wanted it to, it would sever the waistline of whatever pants and belt he was wearing, hopefully causing them to come down and trip him up, to make Vanessa's job of running him down a little easier. She then scoped the area out for any other possible assailants, reverting to keeping the non-powered people safe.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

• Love

Nicholas Harris, Garrett Gunn, Layla Jones, Dean Chambers and Michael Chambers

Dean stared at the TPG and every fiber of his being told him that it was a bad idea. To become something that he had been raised to hate like his brother. It would be so hypocritical to him, but he also knew that if he didn't do it, he had a feeling that the task would be impossible. If he believed the rumor of Nicholas Harris, the man was a genius, but he also could make elaborate puzzles that would force the TPG or the enhancer. What would happen if he used a TPG and then an enhancer to make that power better? Would it be risky? Yes, but he needed answers and he was only human. " I'm about to do something really dumb, Mike."

Michael stared at his brother. Oh god, what did Dean mean he was about to do something really dumb? His brother never said that unless he had a real stupid plan in place. Like the time he had snuck out to a party with Garrett and left their five year old brother to come up with excuses on where he they had gone. They had been caught and Dean hadn't told him he was going to something really dumb since then. He looked over and quickly noticed the enhancers and the TPGs. Oh god, was Dean about to- That was stupid even for him. Who was there to say what the fuck that would do? He didn't get a chance to move fast enough though before Dean shot himself up with first a TPG, followed by an enhancer. A stupid plan. He should have known it well.

Meanwhile, Layla had taken one of both and stuck them in her purse.

" It might be good to examine these to see what components they are made of and used in future cases by desperate anti-meta people,"
she said to anyone who asked her why she was taking both of them.

"
Huh- I never expected anyone to shoot themselves up with both, well, this could be interesting," Nicholas mumbled under his breath.

Dean took a deep breath, wondering if this was a good idea after he had done as he felt dizzy and leaned into a second TPG, injecting himself with it too. He collapsed on the ground and after a minute, he glowed like a Christmas light.

"
I thought you said that there were no side effects."

"
This is a part of the process, he should be fine in a second."

Dean sprung up after a second and looked very confused. " It didn't work.... I guess these things are bust," he mumbled.

"
You might want to check your hands boy," Nicholas replied.

Dean looked down. His hands were glowing fucking light. "
Well, fuck, I guess that was the second power. I could sense this might a small problem..." he mumbled. Dean noticed that after he said small, everything looked so big. Was that a 6 ft tall ant? "Big... big.... problem," he mumbled, as everything seemed to shrink. Why were the trees only up to his knees? " Normal please," he mumbled. He went back to his usual size. " Size and light, well fucking hell, I'm the glowing Ant-Man."

@slifer @Draku69 @Astroblaze

Angelo Rose

Angelo was at least used to her bluntness by now. " That is very true, I imagine that you didn't do everything you did last night for your friend, but you never know. Some people in my field do horrible things."

" I think he definitely knows something about the Mystification character. I wouldn't be surprised if Mystification is a woman. Yes, from what I'm understanding is that he doesn't have his own vehicle. Perks of being the son of an employee of Superior Industries, he gets a ton of money from his father and what he does. I imagine that would be something very nice," he said.

Angelo had forgotten that he had club soda in the fridge, but at least it was put to some good use. " Well, it was certainly a good meal to say the least. Speaking of things, how would you want me to pay for your help in the exclusive interview? In cash or something else?"

@Michale CS

Felicity
Felicity Alerio
April 3, 2018 | noon | Central Park, NYC

Draku (@Draku69), Samuel (mine)
Daniel (Draku69), Nicholas Harris (LuckycoolHawk9), Spectre (mine)

"My name's Felicity!" the teen chirped, beaming amicably. She started to speak again but was interrupted by a sudden outcry as an unknown figure practically leaped onto Draku, startling her into a slight step backward. Getting over her surprise, she couldn't help a giggle at the interchange between Draku and the man who was clearly a close friend. She perked up at the opening words of the speaker, curiously trailing after Draku toward the fountain. At the part about the TPGs, her eyes lit up. Barely on the edge of her awareness she overheard Draku and Daniel's debate about the enhancers but paid them little attention amid her elation. As for that elation, oh my gosh, could she ever possibly get a better opportunity than this? Her only hesitation was that the enhancers probably involved needles. She certainly wasn't scared of needles, but... eck. The temporary discomfort would be totally worth it for the reward, though.

"Felicity, no! It's not safe!"

As she started forward to collect details on the TPG and possibly collect a TPG itself, she froze in her tracks, startled by the horror-stricken outcry of her older brother. Slouching forward with a frustrated sigh, she rolled her eyes to heaven for a moment before turning to meet Samuel as he bolted to her.

"Sammy, come on, it can't really be that bad."

The young metahuman clenched his jaw in anxiety, his face tight and an unsettled breeze picking up around the two of them. "You're seriously just going to trust this total stranger when Spectre just got done saying this is the most blatant trap in the history of traps?!"

"Samuel, this is my one chance to see what it's really like to be like you!" Felicity snapped back, refusing to let her paranoid brother prevent her from taking such a golden opportunity. "You know how much I envy that you got powers and I didn't."

Samuel shook his head, lips pursing and eyebrows drawing together slightly. "It's not as exciting and fun as you think it is..." he murmured.

"Look, Sammy, I know that you don't like that you have powers. That's okay. I don't like that I don't." Her tone turned pleading. "Just let me have this experience, just once."

"You only die just once, too," the young man snapped back, voice unusually sharp in his fear. "You can't do this, Felicity. You have no idea what will happen to you."

"Maybe not, but one thing is assured, and I'm willing to risk it for that."

Last edited:
Reactions: Draku69
Valerie
Valerie Newmann
April 3, 2018 | noon | the Met, NYC

Vanessa (@Gands), Amiee (@Michale CS), Meghan (@Huntress), Colton (@LuckycoolHawk9), Spectre (mine), Detective Clark (@LuckycoolHawk9), Judge Harris (@LuckycoolHawk9), Mr. Booker (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Ana (@Huntress), Logan (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Valerie's curiosity was piqued by Ana's reaction to her friend's comments about Aegis. Perhaps that was who she had been as a hero. She seemed to be taking the other woman's words a bit too personally, anyway.

Turning at a familiar voice greeting her, she accepted Vanessa's embrace whole-heartedly with a smile. "Good to see you, too, Vanessa." She added in a murmur so only Vanessa could hear, "Thanks for picking up my paycheck for this."

Stepping back, she turned to Amiee, offering the other woman a handshake. "Pleased to meet you, Amiee. I'm Valerie." Knowing Vanessa was Emerald Dream and considering the fiery red hue of Amiee's hair, she wondered if she was the Firefly who John had mentioned being present the previous night.

Turning back as Ana introduced her friend, she returned Meghan's greeting with a nod and an amiable smile. "A pleasure to meet you, too. Always good to meet friends of friends."

Just then, she looked up as a familiar detective joined their rapidly expanding gathering with another man whose face she didn't recognize. She involuntarily touched the bag hanging at her hip at the stranger's mention of the file, then turned with a startled abruptness to the nearby teenager who the stranger adeptly identified as the shapeshifter, Logan. So he had evaded the officer, apparently injuring the man in the process? She hoped he was alright. A sense of satisfaction rose within her as she observed Detective Clark clap the disgruntled shifter into handcuffs—he may have gotten this far, but no further.

Turning back to the stranger, who she guessed was the warlock John had mentioned given his knowledge of Logan and mention of separating the man from the other two with whom he had been fused, her eyes widened at his cautionary words about the drugs in play at Central Park.

"Oh wow, okay, I'd better let Spectre know about that right now. He's in the park going after the documents with a couple friends," she explained to give the others context.

Backing away from the group for a bit of privacy, she pulled up her conversation with her metahuman friend, utilizing speech-to-text to speed up the messages.

Valerie: Okay you didn't tell me there were drugs involved? But heads up, they've just been confirmed addictive. Be careful and destroy them if you get close enough
Valerie: Also just learned the case files are divided between the folders so if we don't get all 5, we basically don't have anything. You have to get those documents Spectre

Texts sent, she returned to the group in time to spot the shapeshifter making a break for it.

"I got him," she declared confidently, starting after him, but stopped when Vanessa beat her to it. "A'ight, you got him," she murmured under her breath, turning back to the foursome.

"Spectre has been notified," she informed them, adding in a query to Mr. Booker, "What address should I look for? Also," she continued, "I can hang onto the documents we have so far unless you know of a better option." She again touched a hand to her bag. "I have the one that Ana and I grabbed from Logan."

Last edited:
Reactions: Michale CS
JohnR
John Reidenbach/Spectre
April 3, 2018 | noon | Central Park, NYC

Agent Fury (mine), Valerie (mine), Draku (@Draku69), Samuel (mine), Felicity (mine)
Mr. Harris (@LuckycoolHawk9)

Before Agent Fury could respond, their conversation was interrupted by the announcement from the fountain. The mercenary bared his teeth in a ferocious grin. "Power enhancers, huh? Sign me the fuck up."

"I wouldn't be so quick on that call," Spectre cautioned him, casting a wary glance in the direction of the speaker. "This stinks of foul play."

Fury snorted derisively. "You've got to be shitting me. Don't you want to be a better version of yourself?"

"I'd rather go about it the old-fashioned way."

The mercenary shrugged, lip curling into a sneer. "Well, your loss." As he spoke, his eyes had returned to roving the crowds and he frowned, noticing a familiar face.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..." Spectre murmured, almost to himself, but the mercenary was already walking away to investigate.

Before he could determine what to do next, his phone buzzed in its pouch on his belt. Retrieving the device, he found a new text from Valerie.

Valerie: Okay you didn't tell me there were drugs involved? But heads up, they've just been confirmed addictive. Be careful and destroy them if you get close enough

Well, there go his suspicions being correct again.

Just then, he overheard the voices of his young companions, raised in argument about that very issue. It seemed that Felicity was itching to take a TPG herself and was not taking 'no' for an answer. Hastily crossing the field to join the two, he noticed a relatively familiar face standing nearby as he half-glided to stand near Samuel. He had witnessed the acts of the metahuman who civilians called Silent Thunder in news presentations and a couple viral YouTube videos—a vigilante like himself with an impressive skillset. He greeted the fellow hero with a respectful nod, then turned to the Alerios.

As to be anticipated, Samuel was markedly relieved to see him. "Oh, thank God you're here." The young aerokinetic waved irritably to his sister, whose arms were folded stubbornly. "Tell her she's being stupid!"

Spectre wouldn't do that exactly, but he would put an end to this before it escalated any further. "I've just received confirmation from Valerie that those enhancers are incredibly addictive. Under no circumstances—" although he addressed both, he affixed Felicity in particular with a piercing, authoritative stare— "are either of you to take them."

"But- but-" The teen sputtered for a moment but couldn't argue with 'incredibly addictive' and finally slouched forward with a frustrated growl. "So close but my dreams are smashed by nasty side-effects. This sucks."

"I know," Spectre agreed, sympathetic to the young woman's frustration. He straightened, addressing both again with authority. "We're here for the documents, nothing more. I don't like how this is looking so far. You two need to-" But before he could finish his statement, another buzz from his phone stopped him short.

Valerie: Also just learned the case files are divided between the folders so if we don't get all 5, we basically don't have anything. You have to get those documents Spectre

Noticing how he stiffened upon checking his phone, eyes widening, Felicity queried a concerned "What's up?"

The ectoplasmic mutant released a sigh, closing his eyes for a moment. "The stakes were just significantly raised. The files are distributed between all five folders, so we need to have all five of them to know what we're dealing with. If I can't retrieve them..." He shook his head, leaving the rest of the statement unspoken. "I can't risk that. Change of plans: I'm going to need you two to look for the roses. I hate putting you in harm's way, but we'll cover more ground if we split up. Stick together and if anything happens, call for me and I'll come get you."

He had little concern for Silent Thunder overhearing their conversation, knowing that it would not be difficult for the meta to take his side. At this point, he was grateful for any help he could get. His sneaking feelings about this whole situation only strengthened the further it progressed.

Glancing over at movement in the corner of his eye, he did a double-take as he found himself observing a man suddenly shoot up to the height of a several story building before shrinking to normal again. Well, that seemed to be confirmation that the enhancers worked, anyway.

Leaving the Alerios for a moment, he weaved purposefully through the crowds and snatched up one of each of the shots, snapping off the needles to keep from stabbing himself before stowing both cartridges in an empty pouch. He'd study them when he got home.

Last edited:

Before an awkward moment could take over between all the women present, a male voice rang out. Ana was momentarily relieved, she hadn’t wanted to be the one that had to speak up to break the silence. She easily grew uncomfortable in such moments. Turning around with a clenched jaw she gripped her arms as she looked at another face that had been at the bar. Ana was starting to wish that she knew more about all these people, she was starting to get a bad feeling about things and she tended to trust her gut when it said something bad was coming. Regardless she listened and Meg stood right next to her seemingly listening as well.

There was mention about several case files, the statement itself was enough to raise brows. They were all then asked to move to another room where two unknown faces came into view. A no show on Phantom Writer…Ana wasn’t surprised by this. As the two new people spoke, the meeting carried on with an explanation of how all five case files were mixed up within one another. So they had to fix some paperwork no big deal, once they got the case files. “Surprise, the city workers couldn’t do their job yet again.” Ana muttered. Was it really that hard to keep all the papers from one file in that same file? The woman sighed and shook her head slightly. This seemed to be the stupidest thing to set them back however it may. Regardless at this point it didn’t matter, what mattered was getting everything and putting it in order.

Before Ana could speak up and ask about actually obtaining the files from them the older woman spoke. The brunette’s attention was on her, her expression stern as she listened.

Meg had stood by her friend’s side for as long as everyone spoke. She listened and tried to understand the situation. How could files get jumbled like that? Would they be getting the two files that were mentioned? The blonde had questioned and wondered about a few things but she didn’t think there’d be a question time. Holding onto her thoughts and hoping that she would remember them at a later time, Meghan continued to listen.

And just like that it was over, they were told to head to Central Park, destroy some serums and get the other files and stop the irritating shape shifter that was like a snake, always trying to slide his way into this whole situation. “So what was the point of this meeting then? If you’ve had two files this was unnecessary, the ones capable of handling the tasks should’ve been sent to the park to deal with that quicker and more efficiently…” Ana swallowed back. Catching movement in the corner of her eye she almost snarled as she turned to chase the fleeing rat. Halting where she stood she listened to Vanessa and exhaled sharply. Grinding her teeth a sigh followed. Vanessa had managed to take down the shape shifter, obviously the woman was capable, Ana had never denied that. Turning back to the four that had showed up in place of the Phantom Writer, Ana wanted some answer, better instructions.

“What do you want us to do with the shape shifter? Can you not arrest him? Or hold him? Having to keep an eye on him is only going to hinder the performance of the group. Also where is Mister Booker’s house? Will we be receiving cryptic messages about that too?” Her arms were tight against her chest as she walked towards them.

Meg had watched quietly from the sidelines. There wasn’t much she could say or do and she wasn’t sure that she could help with any of this in all honesty. She was just a bar owner that like to sing and play music. There was nothing special about her other than her connection with Ana. She could do nothing and she was starting to grow worried of what was to come. “Ana, hey.” The blonde reached for her friend’s wrist as she spoke quietly and tried to get her attention. “These people are obviously trying to help, I mean, they know what’s going on. Cut them some slack and maybe trust them just a little.” Emerald eyes locked onto amber ones. “For now just help them, you can ask your questions later. I’m sure they’ve given you enough reason to assist in whatever this nonsense is.” Meg swallowed back. “The sooner this is over with the sooner we can get back to normal.” She spoke simply.

The brunette exhaled heavily, eyes studying the blonde that spoke to her. She could tell that Meghan was worried, possibly afraid even. Shooting a glance back towards the people that had gathered them here Ana said nothing as she sighed in frustration and turned to look towards the three women. “When we walked in here I was listening in on what was happening at Central Park. They’re making whoever is there go on a scavenger hunt for some pink roses and then they have to go to the zoo and find an animal that was donated.” She looked between everyone. “If the clues aren’t followed properly apparently they’ll be facing their doom.” Anastasia finished explaining what she heard, eyes bouncing between the other women. “Meg.” She looked at her friend. “If you don’t have to be there…I don’t want you there. If it was my call I’d say the same about you Valerie.” Before the other could interrupt Ana continued. “I know you’ve got some training and you seem capable of standing your ground and handling your own, but when someone confidently tells a bunch of meta’s they’ll face their doom, that’s not a good thing.” The brunette clenched her jaw. “I can’t do anything to stop you but ask for you not to be involved, but Meg.” She looked at the blonde. “I will stop you from being involved.” Ana swallowed back, eyes bouncing around everyone again. The last thing she wanted to stress and worry about was Meg potentially getting hurt, or worse…

INTERACTIONS:

ANASTASIA
- Astroblaze - Valerie Newman
- LuckycoolHawk9 (John Clark, Colton Blake, Catherine Harris, Ian Booker)
- Michale CS - Aimee Maria Reed

MENTIONS:
- LuckycoolHawk9 - Logan Campbell

Last edited:
Vanessa O'Toole

Vanessa drags the shapeshifter back by his ankle, a hard grip around it with one hand. She hands the ankle to John.

" I'd suggest a different approach for holding him Detective. "

She goes into her purse, getting out a handful of plastic restraints which she uses on the shapeshifter's ankles. They go on tight. She turns away then back to Anna, Meg and Aimee.

" If we are going to the Park, I'm likely the slowest of the three of us, but I have a nice vehicle. I can take Valerie and Meg with me, either dropping them off, or if they are stubborn about it, I can take then to the edge of the park where my lawyer is and join you afterwords. * looking at Anna* I am not going to say I entirely trust you, nor that you trust me. But the fact you care about someone says something about you. * to Aimee* I do think it will be important to get to the park in haste. But it is your choice, accompany her ( indicating Anna ) or wait for me on the slow road. In the long term, this will likely get worse and we'll all need friends. Even those of us who have an attitude that could sour milk." ( She smiles here ).

She turns from her impromptu speech, now towards Meg and Valerie. " Ladies, my vehicle is waiting in the north parking lot".

@Michale CS @Astroblaze @LuckycoolHawk9 @Huntress

and Warren Tanner

Collab with @vantas

Warren wondered if Carter would recognize him as compared to how he looked. He was fully aware he looked different from the appearance he had when fused with Michael. Interestingly, he had learned that the way the fusion worked was how he was imagined by the mind of the child.

He imagined that wobbling was going to be something that was going to be a recurring theme. He could have smelled the puke, but he was going to pretend that he didn't for the sake of Carter's sanity and dignity. He also honestly didn't care and waited to see if he had a million questions for him, but he imagined that he had only one and that was entirely fine with him tooo.

Warren looked over at him and was about to repeat what he said, but he noticed that Carter had stopped mid-sentence and he wanted to confirm what he was going to ask.

He raced through the million possible different questions that he could be asked and had came up with the definition for most of them and knowing that they were going to be simple for him to explain and even simpler to be honest about.

Well, mostly honest about. He didn't know anything about Myst or for that matter, what even happened when he was in the teen's body. The only thing he could honestly remember was two letters. SI and he had no clue what it meant.

He had ideas on what it could mean and that was about it. He rubbed his hand on the back of his head, happy that his anger had been calmed down and he wasn't currently trying to beat up a judge. ( Thank god, he didn't look like the other form and only shared a name at this point with it).

Out of all the possible questions he could have been asked, that was not the first one he had expected, but it was the easiest to answer. " Heat signature. I tracked you by your heat signature. I can detect everyone's unique heat signature and am able to identify people that way, mostly because it is easy to find as each person has a unique one. Heat signature that is." he said, rubbing his foot on the ground. He knew Carter probably wasn't bi, but it was awkward to talk to such a good looking guy without screwing up. Warren cursed himself under his breath for saying heat signature so much.

Through slit eyelids, Carter looked the man up and down, wondering if this was the man he was looking for. The appearance looks the same but there's something different. Mellow, slightly looser in movement, embarrassed? Goddamnit, the stall's lighting isn't exactly the best place to analyze someone. As Warren answered his initial question, he rubbed his temples once more and exhaling. "Of course." he thought, "Powers. He had to be a meta."

He saw him slowly word something out as he exhaled as the person who found him tensed up slightly. Carter wasn't that oblivious but then again, he wasn't that cocky either. The photographer let it slide. "That would make sense." he replied after he was sure his vomit won't gurgle up to his esophagus as the medicine circulated through him. "Thanks for the pill by the way. Mind if we go somewhere..." he raised his eyebrows and glanced at the claustrophobic stall, "more flattering?"

Warren wondered if he would recognize him. It wasn't like he was too much different from the other guy, but it wasn't the same either. But it couldn't be the same at all. If it was the same, then he still would have been fused with the kid. If that was true, it also meant that things weren't better. He took a deep breath as he noticed him rub his temples and wondered if he was like the others. The ones who hated him for who he was. It wasn't like those things that were in control though.

He took a few shallow breaths and wondered if he had made things better or worse. " Yeah, it's kind of simple though. It also helps that I'm not just the flame guy. Sorry that I couldn't get you some stronger meds, but the cheap corner store only had the generic brand and those fancy name brands. It's my pleasure to help someone who is need. I'm not sure if we are going to find a place more flattering than a stall, but we could go back to my apartment, I knew I wasn't stupid for putting down way too much rent that could last for years when I moved in."

"Say no more." Carter conceded. "You were the one with enough cognitive capacity to buy medicine despite not being drunk off your ass. No need to apologize." He had to hand it to him though. He was the one who was helping him, he didn't have the right to be mad. A small seed of unease still compelled him to not get too close, episodes of close experiences with people like him. Carter wondered if this case was akin to racism. Of discrimination not to color but of powers. He prided himself for having a very open mind but....

It's hard to trust someone after.

Carter applied his poker face once more once he realized he has drudged too far in his thoughts. He realized he haven't been paying attention to what he has said, though he assumed he offered a place to go. The man took a look at him and realized he's far too tense. Carter, by experience, learned that it's hard to gather information to someone with a state similar to his unless he was threatened or coerced. And Carter, by experience, learned that physical confrontations aren't his strong suit. Judging by how he seems very open for discussion so far, he assumed the information must be useful but not enough to go around. He was fused with another entity which meant he would either retain memory or know little.

Carter banked on the fact that if this person knew more than what he had hoped, then it would mean the information would be sensitive and dangerous. Didn't quite fit the bill since he was the one who stepped up first. The photographer would've guessed a little more challenge if there is. But, if he pushed his luck, he'd guess it wouldn't take more than just a few questions, eliminating any need to go to somewhere elaborate. "Just outside of the stall is good, pal." Carter answered, "Or maybe around the curb if you're not feeling up to taking nauseous puke scent for the rest of this conversation."

He first had to break the ice before he could fully get the answers he wanted. "It's uh, Warren right?" Carter smiled crookedly, holding up his hand for him to shake. "I'm Carter."

Warren wanted to say a lot more. He wanted to apologize for what happened in the bar when he was in Mike's body. He wanted to be clean, but most of all, he wanted the truth to what had happened to him and why the other man who had existed in them had killed the other sister. He wanted answers. " I'm sorry, I'm so used to apologizing for things that I did that it became a force of habit. I have broken a few things both as myself and in Mike's body, that I feel the need to apologize. Probably isn't the best thing to feel guilty about things that are out of my control, but I am."

It's hard to not hate himself sometimes.

He saw him apply his best poker fake and wondered what he was trying, but he wasn't about to open that can of worms. Everybody had their own problems to deal with and if he opened things up, he could make things much worse. He noticed that he was tensing up, but it wasn't like he could alleviate himself of the stress that he cared every day of his life, he wished he could remember more, but there were gaps and other things. Something that had bugged him was that even if they had murdered them, what was the point of the robbery? Was it a diversion or was there a bigger picture that he was missing altogether. He understood from his limited memory that this was a recreation of old collateral cases, but there wasn't much else he could tell.

There were other things that Warren wished he could forget that had nothing to do with the cases or the murder though. Memories of a lab, of a needle being injected into his arm, memories of wanting more of the needles, memories of still feeling dependent on whatever had been in there. Memories of two younger kids in a trick with him. There was something weird about that particular memory, the fact that there were two kids when the other form had been an adult. " Outside of the stall sound like a good place. I don't mind the puke smell, I have dealt with burning buildings amongst other things. A little puke isn't going to repel me away from this."

Warren had forgotten that his name had been named. " Yeah, Warren Tanner is the name, " he said, smiling back and taking his hand to shake it though. " It's nice to meet you Carter," he replied.

After shaking hands, everything else was natural and fluid. Carter allowed himself to ease, trying to make Warren follow his lead. His cold stance remained but his eyes grew warm. He stepped out tapping Warren in the shoulder in the process before turning back at the man, glad that he's away from his own reminder of his night. "I know you're better off doing something else instead of entertaining me so I'm gonna go keep this short and sweet." Carter licked his lips, before asking one smooth question. "I know it's not much but tell me everything you know about Mystification." Carter put his hand on his pocket and clicked the recorder shortcut key on his phone.

It was great that things had become better after they had shook hands. He noticed that Carter's stance was still cold, but his eyes were still warm. It was nice to see someone not being a cold and unfeeling monster. He didn't mind the tap on the shoulder and took a deep breath as he approached the curve with him though. He didn't mind when things were kept short and sweet, it made things a lot easier to answer.

" You are right that it's not much though. I know that I was forced out of forms when the other older form met her. I know it's a her and I can't-." He had a quick flashes of needles and children. " remember much else. I want to say she's a meta though, there was this thing she did when I forced my way through once in a talk and there was something- pardon the pun-mystifying about it that made me forget whatever I saw."

Carter analyzed what Warren has said, racking through different abilities and powers as if it was second nature to him now. "Mystification. Ability to wipe out memories as well? Would tie to her alias." he thought, "But that wouldn't explain the electromagnetic interferences that made her appear on all our screens. Maybe illusions via the mind? Thought manipulation?" He kept one theory to himself however that also involved being the CEO of Apple, but that was a different story.

"Thought manipulation seems valid. Memory wiping, explanation of her appearing on screens, potential mind control. Ties up but doesn't add up" Carter inwardly winced. "Dangerous." Carter eased on his right foot as he nodded at his answer. "Were you ever aware of what you were doing last night? Like maybe glimpses? Were you forced to do so or maybe compelled?"

Warren looked over at him and wondered if he was piecing abilities or possibilites through his mind. He was wondering what was happening between the conversations. He had wondered what had happened to him that made him not trust anyone. What was the thing that had made him not want to trust any meta-human ever? What was his turning point? He didn't dare to say these words a lot though because he didn't want to upset the man who was interviewing him. He could only answer his questions to the best of his ability.

" I can lie and say that I remember everything, but that would be just that a lie. Let me be canid to you, I can't remember much of my time fused with Michael. All of it is flashes of the life I lived through him and that person isn't me. He's a version of how he viewed me I believe. It's why I look-" He gestured to his form. " So different. All I see is flashes of both the life I lived before Michael and life as a part of Michael. I know who I was and who I might become, but nothing more and nothing less."

Carter looked at him square in the eye with a bemused tint in his glean, then he eyed Warren up. It fascinated and scared him at the same time on how was it possible for a body to change explicitly from the perspective of one person alone when fused. He made a mental note to brush up on his ability lore when he's free. Squashing any other instinctive urge to ask him what was it like and the machinations that allowed it, Carter decided it would be best to keep the interview Myst-centered.

"Alright, I can see where you're coming from."Carter judged his words, knowing full well he might get burnt with the fire he was playing with. "So you had no say on the matter while in that form? You have no recollection of doing anything, just being there?"

"If this may be the case then it must've meant that Warren was innocent when he was forced to fuse. Maybe even controlled." Carter thought. "Then maybe in that form, him and Michael were being controlled by Myst which can explain how it reenacted the case so perfectly."

He had to gather some info on Michael for his theory to concrete, however.

Warren wondered why he couldn't keep a straight face around nice guys, but he didn't know what else to say. It was so weird to be back in his real body and in to look so different from how the world viewed him and how different he was. His ID in his pocket was strangely right, though the picture was old and faded. He wondered in what ways he would remain damaged and what ways he had changed. It was one thing to pretend to understand what had happened and another to answer the questions of the interviewer even vaguely.

Warren wondered why he couldn't keep a straight face around nice guys, but he didn't know what else to say. It was so weird to be back in his real body and in to look so different from how the world viewed him and how different he was. His ID in his pocket was strangely right, though the picture was old and faded. He wondered in what ways he would remain damaged and what ways he had changed. It was one thing to pretend to understand what had happened and another to answer the questions of the interviewer even vaguely.

" I'm being completely honest on the matter too. I wish I could be more helpful," He paused and gave some thought about. " It was.... at times where I have control as Warren, but when it came to everything that made me, it wasn't my personality or even my mind. It was a warped version of it. Let me put it out this way. I think without even knowing it, Michael projected an image of what he thought I was and sometimes it would take control and I was there- but I wasn't. It's like I was there, but I do know one thing. The third form remembered more and was pushed aside more. I feel like if he stayed in that form, he would have known everything sooner... but I also feel like he had more control then I ever did."

Suspicion bloomed within him. Carter may not have found the exact informant to dig information about Myst, but he did open up a clue. He absentmindedly tapped his pocket, hoping that the voice recorder was picking up everything despite the white noise of both the noodle shop and the bustling roads.

"This third form would be more useful than I originally thought." he monologued mentally.

"Okay." Carter said as he took the information in. The intel he's been receiving heavily points to mind control but he knows that there must be a twist in the branch somewhere. He wouldn't put it against himself nor Myst if this was the case. She's a smart bastard.

Carter wondered whether he should take notes if ever decides to go crooked.

"Was there any implication that, at the very least, you knew what was happening or did it all seem normal to you?" Carter questioned. He wanted to see how deep this fusion rooted his mental capacity. "Was there ever any suspicion that this wasn't normal, like being lucid in a dream?"

Warren ran his hand through his hair as he looked over at him. He took a deep breath and wished he could tell him more about Myst. All he could remember was the needles as of right now and just like that... a flash. A whisper. ' I need to make things better for my boy, I hope you understand Warren, I have nothing against you, but it has to be this way. They have to see how broken this world is. I know by the time you remember this, it will be when you talk about me, let that Carter kid know that if he wants to learn more... well, he isn't getting it from you... and oh to watch his back. Snitches and reporters get stitches'. A shiver went down his spine and he looked over at him and he took a deep breath.

He wasn't sure if he should tell Carter, but he felt it was good to know that he had remembered something.

" It seemed normal to me as long as I never saw my reflection, but at times, it felt less than normal and there were times I wasn't sure if I was really me. But that's not important. I remember something that she told me in my form at least. She is doing this for her son and she doesn't seem to hate heroes.... I think she wants to break the collateral system or show its flaws. I can't tell you more. Actually her exact word were " Let that Carter kid know that if wants to learn more... well, he isn't getting from you, and to watch his back. And then a play on snitches get stitches."

"Break the collateral system." Carter muttered. Pinpricks of anger began to worm under his skin but he kept his cool facade. The collateral system was placed in order to stop metas and 'superheroes' from doing any more damage than they should. The young photographer wasn't one for judicial and legislative works but he knew, even if he hated being controlled, that checks and balances are always needed.

If it wasn't for that system, his grandmother would never have survived. Fractured spine and loss of two limbs and him and his family have to pay for medical expenses for the shit that these alleged heroes do? Not to mention the others. And.

Carter began to smirk, snarky cynical sarcasm downplaying rage as a calming mechanism. "Watch my back. She can go kiss my ass and call me Queefus." For him, it may be bullshit but there had to be a motive.

"Doing this for her son. Maybe he died because the metas were too pussy to save him due to the collateral law." he simpered, but he didn't reserve pity.

"What a way to advocate something. Next time when I advocate pacifism, I'll go kill my neighbor." His words stung but his outward disposition never changed from his calm and collected pose. "Tell me anything relevant information you know besides the things you've said before." Carter casually told Warren, being careful that his anger towards the Mystic Bitch doesn't branch.

Warren took a deep breath and tried to not lose it. When he knew that things were going to get worse, he also knew that he felt a prick.... and then another. Mystification. ... Myst... God, it was mind control, but it was something else that bugged him. How did she know he would be talking to Carter now? And that had been a whisper, but had the whisper been a memory or had it been... had it been a projection of her thoughts into him and through him.

' So many questions for such a smart man. I would think you had everything figured out by now. Mystification is short for Myst and when one is mystified, one's mind is not its own. I'm sure that you will love it if I do things as you, but I won't. I won't, my dear though. Just let him know that everyone has a part to play and tell Queefus is doing his just well'

Warren was breathing heavily. " I think- no, I know that whatever she is doing is still affecting me. I think it's like a ... parasite. Her power lingers and she can still give messages through me... I think she wanted. No- I know she wanted me to be not a part of Michael... because she plans for him to do something. I don't know one... but I also can't believe I'm saying this. But I don't like the idea that she is in my head. Only other relevant thing that seems to be left is that I feel like she isn't working alone. it's just a gut feeling, but I feel like she knows what is coming. Also, apparently everyone has a part to play and she said that you are playing your part just well. Oh and she called you Queefus."

Carter grinned at the realization that Myst was aware that this discussion is taking place. Maybe the reason why she knew about this was that she can somehow read his thoughts as well by area of effect. Would her plans change if Carter jumped off a cliff while singing Jesus Is My Best Friend? Carter tried to think about that hard to throw the parasite off a loop but by now, she probably would've known if that were the case. The photographer smirked. "You forgot to kiss my ass." he projected with his mind. Just in case.

Mass mind control, thought manipulation and projection.
Seems to fit the bill well. Mystification.

Carter was more worried by the fact that Myst has the potential to tell Eloise about this and spawn another nickname hell with his face plastered al over it. He thought about "You forgot to kiss my ass." harder.

"Thanks for answering well," he simply said.

"If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be too comfy to answer some questions from a random guy you've only met last night through a nigh drunken haze of Steven Universe bullshit so I appreciate it."

Warren was not doing well on the end and couldn't really know what was happening. It would seem that she had forgotten the other thing... or so it would seem. As a gift to Carter, she let an ant climb up him and kiss him on the rear. She knew that she couldn't manipulate the man to do it. ' Tell, Queefus that the ant friend was from him. I would rather not want to do it with you ' Warren hated being a messenger but it was all that was left for him now it would seem. He was relaying a message between two powerful beings, one human and one annoying.

Mystification was in the name of the game. Mass mind control, thought manipulation and projection.
There was only thing left for Myst to do. She text the villainess with the nickname Queefus.

Warren looked over as he felt her leave. " I think she is gone for now, but I don't know if that mean she can do it over great distance or if it just means that she is out of range. Thought, I am leaning towards the later though."

He took a deep breath. " Listen, it is not the first time I ask interview questions, but I like helping how I can. I try to not break things when I save lives and I don't let people get hurt, no matter how horrible they are or how much they hate me. Now all there is to do is remember the rest of my past."

As Carter felt the ant pinch his ass, he didn't need Warren's confirmation to know that this was Myst's doing. His face never winced nor betrayed any sign of pain as he smiled and raised his middle finger to the sky.

It could've been worse.
He could've said she could kiss the place where the sun doesn't shine.
Carter swears to god if Eloise calls him Queefus the next time they meet.

"Gone for now?" Carter pondered.

"There is a time when she can eavesdrop and when she can't." The man realized. "Does this mean it's only possible when the person was originally controlled at first?"

He kept this in mind, as his expectations for Myst was slowly being grounded by reality. It wasn't much and it wasn't less but it is equally deadly. Carter couldn't help but smile at the thought of a magnanimous powerful figure such as herself can drop low and be childish.

He didn't like that. This humanized her, and Carter needed all the conviction he can get in regards to her. She'll rue the day she made an innocent ant peck Carter goddamn Quimora in the rear.

"For what it's worth, even though you don't know much, this was very informative. We finally have a base to work with and I have a clue on what Myst can be." Carter conceded. Warren should be thankful Myst was gone from his head, or else Carter would've told him to relay her a streaming fit of expletives that can make a sailor piss his britches, and he figured he wouldn't like that one bit. "Good luck on your endeavors, Warren. I wish the best for you."

Warren looked over at Carter and saw him raise his middle finger to the sky and he didn't even to ask. He knew that Myst had done something to make him curse him out and he assumed that it had something to do with what he said earlier.

What exactly had he said though?
It had something to do with kissing a certain area, but the place was escaping him.
He tried to push the dark thought away from what had happened to him though.

Warren paused to think abut it. Was she gone just for now or was she gone for good? He honestly couldn't tell and that made him feel uneasy about everything that had just happened and finally decided to reply to Carter with an honest answer, though he was sure it was not the answer he had expected to hear." I'm not sure if she is gone for good or only just for now. If I could tell you which it is someday, I hope that it will be good. news and not me being controlled by her. Maybe I should leave the city."

He considered the option for now, but decided to push it away as he didn't want to make things any worse for himself. He knew that things couldn't get much worse after all then how it was going to be after all.

" I am happy that I can help in any way that I can," he said, as his phone rang with two texts. One for Wildfire and one for Warren, the mortal form.

" It seems that some sort of thing is going down in the park at noon and the infamous Phantom Writer wants to meet the people at the bar for a talk in the museum," he said, as he heard Carter's phone ring. If Carter were to check, his phone would have the exact same two messages on them. Who was to know when they had been gotten? " I'm heading to the park, being compromised and all. I think heading to the museum might be good, Myst might send a spy there."

Last edited:
(Note, the time frame might be a little skewed as multiple replies came out before mine and this was supposed to be set up later but it's pretty much been a month. It might seem a bit disjointed, as there should be three parts to this that were written at different times for different characters but oh well.)

Icarus Valaith

A panting, sweating Icarus stumbled out of a tree, looking slightly disoriented. Travelling through trees took a lot of of him, especially since he had traveled about halfway across the park. Due to the nature of his powers, it actually felt like he had jogged through the whole of Central Park, instead of only half that distance. Thankfully, he could hear voices that he recognized that belonged to other heroes, and that he had found the right spot. Now all he needed to do was catch his breath for a moment and get his head in the game. He didn't need to rush in right away, as there were no screams or sounds of distress. Carefully, he hid behind a tree as some new voices loudly called out for everyone to hear about the tempting but sketchy giving of powers to anyone who wished it. The temptation was there, sure, but fortunately he wasn't an idiot. The syringes were unreliable at best and could kill people at worst and that was not something he wanted to mess with at the moment. IF Felix touched one of them and used it, well then the boy was never going to leave Agent Fury's side until he died of old age. Well, he would take a few syringes anyway, but not for himself. They could be used as a weapon. Felix had a decent self-defense technique, and he could stab someone in the eyes, nose, ears or neck with the syringe and hurt them.

After the speech was over and he had caught his breath, he walked out from behind the tree, pretending that he looked cool as a cucumber. First off, he assessed the area, finding that it was safe, for now. Then, he zeroed in on Felix, giving him a quick look-over. His little brother seemed fine at least, and he had made...a new friend, acquaintance? Either way, it still seemed like good news for him. Another scan of the heroes assembled revealed that two other familiar faces were in the crowd- Spectre and Agent Fury, more intimately known as Reed. Reed was...he didn't know what he was to the other man, but he did know that the anti-hero was a distraction, a pain in his ass, and someone who looked good in the non-paint part of his costume. Speaking of....shit, Felix was fine. Idiot, he had just hired Reed to protect him. The situation had seemed wack, and his mama bear instincts had gone into overdrive to protect his Felix. At least Victoria would be fine. She had Stumpy to protect her and her drones. If they were attacked, Stumpy would automatically bring her to him no questions asked, because the Guardian could find him, due to the nature of their bond. Right now, he had to go to Felix.

IT seemed that Felix noticed him instantly. The other teen he was with seemed to be Judge Chambers's younger brother? That was weird, but life worked in weird ways. The judge had taken one of the syringes because he had literally grown large and small at the top of a hat. For a judge, the man was either weak-willed or an idiot. What kind of dumbass actually trusted some else's word on some thing so sketchy?
"Well, you're ok at least." Icarus said after a moment. "Though...I don't know who I should help get the documents. Flowers are kind of my forte. Though, I can try to replicate it, but I don't think it would work. There's something...wrong with the flower. It's not totally natural. We should probably find it." Felix just gave him a look, as it felt again like he was going to be shoved to the side again. "I can help too you know." Sure, everyone here was probably dangerous, but come on, he wasn't an invalid. Maybe if he proved himself, Icarus would let him free from his iron grip for a little bit.

Mentions:
@slifer - Felix Valaith
@Astroblaze - Agent Fury, Spectre
@LuckycoolHawk9 - Micheal Chambers, Judge Chambers, Nick Harrison the scientist guy.
@Gands - Victoria Murphy

Logan Campbell, John Clark, Colton Blake, Catherine Harris and Ian Booker

Logan had every plan to get out of here and not be caught. That was the last thing that the shapeshifter he wanted to happen as it meant he would have to answer questions, some of which he didn't feel like answering as they would make him want to be truthful. But as a distraction, he knew his role.

Though he hadn't expected to get far, he hadn't expected to at least make it out of the exhibit

The shapeshifter debated if it would be a smart idea to turn into a smaller animal, but he didn't think the woman would catch up with him so fast. He had underestimated her and Logan knew that was going to be his downfall. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for something horrible to happen and to be taken down by this superheroine. God, this was why he hated heroes.

He had not expected to be tripped, so when that had happened, he fell forward, not having the momentum to stop the fall.

Logan didn't think that it could have possibly get too much more embarrassing, the universe loved to prove him wrong as he felt a small bit of heat destroy the belt and waistline of the jeans that he was wearing in this form and his pants fell down as Vanessa finished it off with a tackle. With so many attacking going on, he had been shell-shocked by his actual appearance and was shown to be a teenager who looked to be around 15 or 16, close to Felix's and Michael's age. He groaned, knowing there was no escaping it now.

The shapeshifter couldn't exactly resist Vanessa dragging him across the floor of the Met, but he could pout about it.

" I'm invoking my right to remain silent and also my right to an attorney."

John watched as the shapeshifter was tied up and he found the correct handcuffs this time to make sure he couldn't shapeshift out of the mess. " They really should color cut the powered vs non-powered handcuffs."

Ian raised an eyebrow at Ana and decided to be frank and honest with the woman. " To put it quite simply, the point of the meeting was to hand over these files and to see if it attracted the attention of any of the less then savory characters, or that is how Phantom Writer phrased it to me. It may be have been more efficient to send everyone to the park, but also, the one who is running the event at the park isn't a nice guy and would have found a way to make things worse. But to put it mildly, it also was important for this second piece of information. Did any of you find it strange that Myst picked only five cases to prove her point? Well, PW figured it out. One for each of the five boroughs in the city. A set of cases that would devastate the tri-state area. Also, Phantom had a feeling that while you were running around for the case files, Myst had already put down the first case into motion and I pray that is wrong. Also, thanks Miss Valerie for informing your friend," he replied, also handing her the files.

" Actually, we can't. Especially now that he is in yet another form. If this is the same one I think my husband used one of his less savory experiments and why I divorced him, there is no proof that he did it as his DNA in each form is different. As for where is Booker's house, Phantom Writer will be sending you a text book on the location and it will be very clear."

" You should hurry and get over to the park. I just got a text from one of my many friends at the event that Dean Chambers has already done something done with those two things and I can't imagine it will be too good if anyone else uses them. The faster you destroy them, the better things will be. But I can help you a bit on that end. It looks like the scientist is holding back his attacks for now and he has someone who can manipulate bullets with him, so it isn't going to be easy to destroy the serums," Colton replied, looking at the group and knowing that it can't be good if the judge had done the dumb thing. He paused before he looked up and added. " It also seems that he has some sort of creature in peril as part of the challenge.

If anyone was wondering how Colton knew all of this information, they would notice that he had an earpiece in his ear to inform of this information.

@Michale CS @Gands @Astroblaze @Huntress

All seemed quiet at JFK. Perhaps it was because all the people who had gone out for the holidays had left or perhaps it was just too early. Of course, all was not fine in the skies as it seems that a plane was falling out of the air and heading straight for the glass terminal and towards the innocent workers of the airport. Hopefully, someone could save them or yet another collateral case was possibly going to open up.

@Minerva

Last edited:
  • Love
Valerie Newmann | Ana Kestner | Meghan O'Neill | Amiee Reed | Vanessa O'Toole
April 3, 2018 | noon | NYC—the Met

collab with @Huntress, @Michale CS, and @Gands
Spectre (@Astroblaze), Martin (@Astroblaze)

Ana watched Vanessa as she spoke. Her jaw remained flexed as she let out a small puff of air through her nose. "The park isn't far. If you were to drive it would probably take you longer considering all the traffic you'd come across." The brunette spoke simply as she looked between everyone. "To walk or run would take no longer than five minutes. Flying would probably take two." She looked towards Amiee. Ana's assumption based on Vanessa's words was that Amiee could fly.

Meghan watched Anastasia speak, choosing to remain silent throughout most if the situation. Most of her agreed with Ana's words, the tiniest sliver of her subconscious wanting to prove to her friend that she could stand her ground, but in a situation like this, it seemed that perhaps it would indeed be best for Meg not to be involved in something that requires the capabilities of metas.

Amiee shrugged, that cascade of red hair splaying in response. "Flying's fine, if someone takes my purse for me." She chuckled. "Superman had his phone booth, I literally change in my heat-resistant purse." Amiee indicated the rather large purse on her shoulder.

She looked to Vanessa questioningly, assuming she'd take on the job. Amiee just had to find some kind of costume that would take both her heat and size-changing abilities. She'd found them individually but not together in the same material.

At Ana's warning, Valerie lifted her hands with a reassuring smile. "Not to worry, I'm staying put. I know my abilities and I know that if I were to join you, I'd only be one more thing you guys'd have to worry about." She straightened with a brisk nod to Vanessa. "I'd drive, but unfortunately—" she grimaced— "I left my car back at the courthouse. Not sure what to do about that, unless you're okay with me driving your vehicle? You should go with Ana and Amiee." She turned her attention to Ana, adding, "If that's alright with you, of course." The implication was, of course, that Ana would carry Vanessa as she did Valerie. "I can hold your purse," she added in reassurance to Amiee.

"Alright Val, here are the keys. It's corporate registered and you are on the list, all the paperwork in the glove box. Before we go, I think I'll find a restroom as I don't fit in a purse at the moment."

She handed Valerie the keys to her car and headed to a restroom, disabling the camera nearest to the restroom for an added measure of privacy.

"She's gonna carry two of you?" Meghan asked Ana with a raised brow after glancing at Amiee as she watched Vanessa walk off.

Clenching her jaw, Anastasia exhaled sharply as she looked away from the blonde. "I dunno who's carrying who and who else may be capable of flying. If I have to carry two people, that's fine. We're not going too far." She stated simply as she could feel Meghan's eyes on her. "Just stay safe and stay with Valerie." Finally mustering up enough courage, she glanced towards her friend.

Meghan remained silent as she listened to Ana explain. A small nod came from Meg as she muttered an 'okay' before looking away from her and towards Valerie. 'She lied to me,' Meghan internally spoke. Was she upset? Of course she was, they almost had an argument about this just last night. 'Why would she do that?' she wondered. Was Ana trying to hide something? What could she have to hide? Halting her mind from carrying on, Meg sighed. "Maybe we should get going then, there's no reason to stick around if there's a plan in place. It's gonna take us a bit longer to get there anyway." She spoke simply. Emerald eyes not returning to the brunette at all.

Ana couldn't help but feel the coldness coming from the her friend, it was sudden and abrupt. She would have a lot of explaining to do later, about the car, perhaps about who she was, what she was capable of. Ana worried slightly about where the conversation may lead, but she hoped for the best possible outcome. It's all she could do.

"Perfect. Be right back." Amiee followed Vanessa into the restroom, ducked into a stall and stripped off her clothes. After packing them into her purse and getting her Barbie doll-sized costume out of it, she slid it over to Vanessa.

She then reduced to her smallest size and tugged the heat-proof unitard on. "We really need to work on those carbon nanotubes for a costume that changes size with me," she commented to Vanessa.

"Don't worry, Ana, I'll keep her safe to the best of my ability," Valerie reassured the woman as she accepted the keys from Vanessa, lifting a hand to Meg in invitation.

When Vanessa and Amiee returned, each in their own hero uniforms, the young woman couldn't help a slight smile upon sight of the familiar shamrock-green armor.

"It would be wise for us to stay far away from the park right now, I'd think. Where should we meet you? Also..." She looked between her hero friends, dark brow furrowing slightly in budding worry. "Be careful."

Meghan looked towards Valerie and clenched her jaw before shooting a glare towards Ana. "I'm not a goddamn child. I can take care of myself," she stated rather abruptly before stepping away from the two. "I'll just go home on my own, I don't need a babysitter for that." The blonde turned around and started walking away.

"Meg, wait, please," Ana called out as she followed. The blonde showed no signs of stopping. Halting where she stood Anastasia watched her friend. "Meg!" Clenching her jaw and flaring her nostrils as she watched her keep going, Ana eventually dropped her gaze to the floor as she sighed and chewed the inside of her bottom lip. "Fuck..." she muttered before bringing her gaze back up to Meghan's fading figure.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Emerald Dream spoke up. "I am in no position to give advice, so I'll keep silent on the matter. I believe we'll need to meet up at the park, perhaps that bridge, or maybe the zoo?"

"...Huh. I'd give her a day or two and then go to her and admit you blew it on that one," Firefly's curiously loud voice for her size chimed in. "Maybe bring a peace offering?"

When Vanessa suggested the meeting place, she shrugged and said, "I'm easy. The bridge or the zoo?"

Valerie blinked, startled by Meghan's snappy retort. Realizing that there were underlying issues between the blonde and her metahuman friend, she tactfully kept silent as Meghan stalked off. As Amiee apparently did not notice the same, she cast a quick look to the tiny figure, shaking her head in a silent warning to not get involved.

Returning to the subject at hand, she commented, "Ana mentioned overhearing that the zoo will be involved in this 'scavenger hunt' going on, so probably not there. I'll meet you at the bridge, then. I guess that means I don't need your car anymore if I'm not driving anyone anywhere," she added to Vanessa, tossing her keys back to her.

Swallowing back as she clenched and unclenched her jaw, Ana looked towards the doors where Meg had been just a second ago before they clicked shut. Folding her arms tightly across her chest, she listened to the words of everyone else, her back towards them as she flared her nostrils with a subtle growl. She had hoped that she herself would be the one to sit down and ease into things, but truthfully, the brunette wasn't surprised that Meg had found something out from someone else. Not that anyone had outright said anything, but the assumption and insinuation had obviously been enough. She tapped her fingers against her arm with one more deep exhale. She couldn't get angry at anyone else in this room, nobody but herself was at fault for this. She shouldn't have lied or kept secrets. It was that simple. Yet she had still done it and now she would have to deal with it when that time came.

Turning around, she dropped her arms and approached the others. "Just tell me what I'm doing so we can get this over with." She looked off to the side with another sigh.

"Alright, it appears we need to head to the park, pronto. I don't fly so I will meet you at the bridge as we discussed." She looked for a moment at Ana, her expression neutral. "Everyone still in the game? Valerie, take that car, get where you need to go."

"Fine by me. I don't know how fast the rest of you can travel but I can get to the Bow Bridge from Central Park in just under a minute, flying casually." Firefly responded.

Vanessa pulled out her phone and accessed a picture of the bridge in question.

"Got it! See ya there!" Firefly circled the rest of them once and flew off in an orange streak.

"I'm still gonna help deal with this situation. I want it over with so I can deal with my personal shit sooner than later. I don't let other aspects of my life bleed in where it's unnecessary." Ana clenched her jaw once more and chose to remain silent as she looked between them and then to the picture of the bridge. She had no costume—casually flying around wasn't the smartest thing for her while her face was exposed.

Sighing heavily, she stepped back from Valerie and Vanessa. Looking towards some of the windows, she approached one. Thankfully they could unlatch and open, it was one of the few positive things about older buildings that were open to the public. Looking out the window she watched people go about their business, oblivious and unaware of what was happening in that park.

Reaching down to the bottom of her shirt, Anastastia tore off a thick piece of fabric, going around the whole shirt. Hiding the bottom half of her face with it, she opened the window and turned around to glance towards the other two. "Suit's being upgraded," she spoke simply before placing her foot on the windowsill and jumping out of the window. Pushing through the air as quietly as she could, the brunette chose not to pay any attention to the onlookers below and slowly made her way to the rendezvous point.

"The only place I need to go is that bridge, and like Ana mentioned, I'll get there faster by walking." All the same, Valerie held onto the keys that Dream returned to her, just in case. She turned to watch Firefly and then Ana disembark, then turned back to the remaining heroine. "You go on ahead, you can move more quickly than I can. I'll meet all three of you at the bridge after the event. Try and rendezvous with Spectre—he'll probably need the help."

Vanessa looked around watching the others leave. She thought to herself how close things were to disaster. A group of strangers had to come together in the heat of this disaster. She hopped gracefully out the window, running down the wall and tumbling into a run to the park.

As Dream left, Valerie lingered for a moment to retrieve her phone from her bag and pull up a familiar contact. Starting a call with him, she finally headed out of the exhibit, taking the stairs at a brisk pace as she listened to the dial tone.

Last edited:
Michael Chambers and Felix Valaith

Collab with @slifer

Felix turned around, gasping in horror as Mike's brother (they did look vaguely related) became gigantic, and then itsy bitsy before returning to his normal size. "Mike. We have to find the flower and then possibly ask that scientist what some previous side effects were, because I have a feeling your brother is in danger." Felix sidled over to Mike while Icarus was focused on something else. "Maybe we might be able to help out. I mean, I might not have powers, but I have eyes and I don't have that many allegiances except for Icarus and you."

Mike was still trying to process what had just happened and was doing his best to not freak the fuck out about everything. He stared at Dean and looked over at him. " It might help to find the flower because things aren't going to get better. I'm not sure if he will help us, but I'm still trying to get over the fact that Garett is alive, but yeah, side effects," he said, looking over and doing his best to resist using the enhancers. " Yeah, I have eyes too. How hard do you think it will be to find a pink rose in the park?" He asked, realizing how stupid that sounded aloud now too. It was a park.

Thinking it through, Felix realized something. "Duh. This is a park. Pink roses aren't exactly planted everywhere. We're in a bushy and tree filled part of the park. We can find it soon. I have these to protect me." He pulled out the syringes that still had the capped needles on them. Even scientists weren't stupid enough to have uncapped needles on them or else every person would have gotten stabbed by now." Felix rationalized while scanning the area.

Mike paused to think about it. " Yeah, those should be a good way to protect yourself if you need to, but you also have me and my ice powers," he said, looking over at him with the best smile. He paused and realized something. " How did my brother stab himself with a little syringe?" Dean shrunk to a small size. " Oh, normal sized," he said, realizing that the power was voice activated about it. " Where do you think we should start our search for the pink roses?" He asked him curiously.

"Oh...that's cool," Felix said, for a moment wishing that he could make Dean grow huge but suppressing it instantly before Mike stopped being his friend. Mike...wanted to protect him. This was an odd but welcome change from before when the ice meta was practically afraid of his own shadow. "I guess look for really obvious spots to look in..." By the stand with the syringes, hiding behind a table leg was a single, perfect rose that was actually pink. "I need a distraction. It's right there," Felix whispered under his breath, stealthily telling Mike where it was without anyone else hearing him. That or no one else was paying attention as usual.

Dean mumbled something under his breath that sounded vaguely like a mix of a curse and a compliant. Mike wasn't sure what had changed in the moment of seeing his brother use powers and literally seeing his brother, but there was a fundamental shift in things. He took a look and had to blink that the rose was in such an obvious spot that was good. " Hey, Mr. Scientist guy, can you tell me more about your work as a scientist and what it is like to develop these syringes?" He asked, hoping that it would distract Nick long enough for Felix to pluck the rose. For those around him, he silently froze the floor, hoping that it would work and cause people who got suspicious there.

With that, Felix was left to his own devices. Icarus was looking towards Agent Fury, and was distracted. No one noticed a teen like him, not worthy enough to join them because of his lack of powers. Well, he had other skills, and he too could go retrieve the flower on his own. He uttered a single phrase to Dean, almost a taunt for giving in to the temptation to have powers, even if they could possibly only be temporary and could hurt him. "Enormous to tiny to normal." Hopefully, the wordplay would work enough to force Dean's power to shift in the order in which he said the words. With that, he snuck off, going around the table, approaching it as if he was going to take a syringe for himself. He picked up a syringe and "accidentally" dropped it. With a swift movement, he crouched under the table, picked up the syringe, and reached out to rip out the rose from the ground. The thorns on the stem bit into his skin, but Felix gritted his teeth and accepted the pain, managing to rearrange his grip so that he barely avoided the sharp thorns. With that, he dropped the cursed syringe back onto the table, keeping the rose shielded with his body as he walked back towards Icarus. In the back of his mind, he had the weird though that maybe he'd give Mike his number, in case the meta needed him. They were becoming friends or something. Maybe it was too soon, but the childish part of him that had very few friends rejoiced at having a friend like Mike to rely on, instead of Icarus and only Icarus. As if he would trust Agent Fury. The man only protected him because Icarus was paying him to do so.

Nicholas turned over to Mike. " Well, that is certainly an interesting question. I haven't worked on a lot of experiments, but besides the enhancers, I helped Mr. King to develop the Molecular Atom Different DNA Internally Efficiently, or the Maddie for short. It's a device that allows animals to have a human form of themselves. It is massively popular back home, but it's very hard to get it on the market, mostly for the fact that it has yet to be proven harmless to the animals who undergo it. Also, there are some bugs for animals who can't talk. I also worked with saving your brother Garrett's life via his gun. But that' s a more complicated story to explain to you and others who are in the area as well. As for the development of the syringes, we managed to isolate the gene that gives meta humans and even some supernatural their powers and managed to put them in the syringes. From the test subjects we ran in Starlight, none of them seemed to have any side effects. As for the enhancers, we simply found a way to create a compound that finds the gene that gives superpowers and then amplify it to the max to improve the current meta-humans," he said, looking over at the floor before turned back to see what had happened to them though. Meanwhile, Dean didn't even blink as Felix did that to him. Felix would found that the roses were thornless and organic and easy to pick up. " You know that it was unnecessary to distract me as well, I wasn't about to stop you from getting the rose," he replied, handing over a piece of paper and there was two simple words on it. Talking Penguin. "That means exactly what you think it means, asking me about my other experiments proved to be helpful to you after all,"he replied, waiting to see what the boys would go. " It's the Central Park Zoo by the way." Mike wasn't sure he bought anything Nick was saying, but he imagined that questioning the scientist would only cause more problems or grief on both fronts.

As Felix was coming back, he heard some of Nicholas's words, and frankly, they sounded like nonsense. Someone with a basic high-school education knew that the explanation was probably nonsense, because it would have been done by now. The talking animals thing, maybe, but the syringes with the compound sounded like a lie. Dean's reaction only strengthened his opinion that something was wrong. Mike's brother hadn't made a reaction, which was scary. He should be angry, even indignant, but not unblinking. Either way, his cover was blown, and he had to share his findings with Mike. Nicholas was acting like a shady guy, but he wasn't about to tip him off that anything was wrong. So he politely thanked Nicholas for not stopping him, gripping the smooth rose in one hand and soon pulling Mike away from the scientist. "You do realize that he's shady, and the syringe did something to your brother, right? He hasn't even blinked, and I said a word that should make him grow larger." Felix whispered to Mike. "Oh, and if we're going to be friends, then I'm going to give you my number." Let Mike chew on that, for a little while.

Mike had a hard time believing that any of what Nicholas said made sense and he knew that there was probably something darker at work that he had yet to understand and probably didn’t want to know about. Though the talking animals seemed possible, the syringes seemed like a lie. He knew that his brother wasn’t going to react to anything Felix did. That was just the type he was. He didn’t believe in getting angry or indignant. He was stone cold and always planning. He wondered if Felix suspected something was wrong, but he didn’t want to ask him this. He watched as Felix pulled Mike away. “ Oh yeah, he’s shady as fuck, you didn’t need to tell me twice. I’m used to Dean being distant and that might not have to do with the syringe, though that stuff has to be dangerous in some way. Maybe it messes with the mind, but I’m not sure about that. I’m more worried about what he did to my supposed to be dead brother. I just know with a name like Superior Industries, they aren’t up to the best things.” Mike nodded when he told him when he was going to give him his number, but tried to keep his composure. “ That would be very good for us to stay in touch.”

"I mean, it depends...hold on a sec." Felix walked away for a second, handing the flower to Icarus, receiving praise before going back to Mike so the two could be alone. Reed wasn't his first, second, or even 26th choice for anyone for Icarus to date, but Icarus wanted the man, so that what it would have to be. Maybe he'd get along with the man. Or naaaaaaah. Besides, even if he hated the pairing, he could see that they were a lot more alike then even Reed or Icarus thought. Reed thought that Icarus was nicer than he was, but that was only up to a point. That was for another time though. It was the time to deal with the stupid syringes and Mike's brothers. "I don't know about the name, but the fact that the Nick guy spouted what equated to science fiction science is troublesome. Though...what did happen to your brother? He may be a lot different then how you knew him if he shows up over here. I don't know. All l know is that I'll try to help. Or something." Felix had to ask, not entirely sure what was up, but knew that he was going to try and help Mike. "So, here it is." Felix took out a pen and a post it from his bag, scribbled his number down, and then gave it to Mike. "Text me or something so I can get your number too."

Mike looked over at him and was uncertain what to say about the situation as he looked over at the flower that he handed to his brother, but he knew that it wasn’t going to be needed. He had a memory that told him where he needed to go. He wasn’t sure to say, but he wondered how he had gotten a cute guy’s number as a friend so soon. He did his best to keep his cool though and to not go into a full meltdown over this. Maybe things were going to go better or maybe they would get worse.

He took a deep breath and looked over at his brothers, wondering if Nick had broken both his brothers. God, how was he going to explain this to his father without getting into trouble. “ I feel like he’s lying about it entirely, but I also know that there is something off about all of this. Why did he take his files? It doesn’t make any sense and I don’t know why our brother doesn’t know who he was.. Garrett and I were close before he left to go to war and I know they say war changes people, but there is something else that makes this all so much worse,”
he said, taking the number and putting it into his phone. He debated what he could text him and he finally decided on a simple "Hi, this is Michael Chambers…. I’m bad at ending texts." He should have stopped hi.

A thought came to Felix, one that he didn't quite like. "Everyone here's getting manipulated, even us. Not sure why. Whoever is behind the scenes is going for everyone even remotely related to a Meta. Or nah. It's a working theory. Also Icarus tells me stuff. More than he thinks he does." Felix concluded. "I have a feeling this is personal, because it's focused on a few people. Though...what made it all worse? Both your brothers aren't really themselves right now. I need your experiences as a reference, as I've really met only one brother once." Felix laid out his thoughts for Mike, even though they probably sounded a bit all over the place and disjointed. Even though Mike was upset right now, he couldn't help but feel joyful that Mike actually accepted his number, and texted him right away! Now, what to respond with. A few seconds later, and he had a response. "Awesome, it worked! :D" Felix texted back quickly, just as Reed came to him, ignoring the awkward text. Mike just needed some confidence in himself. Either way, it meant that he had to quickly text. "Follo me ih you can. If not then I see u later." Here, he reverted to some shorthand, messing up some of the words as he typed quickly on his phone. Hopefully, Mike didn't mind that as his text was somewhat messy because of his hasty exit. Normally he prided on having proper texts, but when he was kind of being forced along by a psycho in clown makeup that wanted to date his brother, it was hard to make a perfect text.

Mike had considered that for sure. He had wondered if they were all being played by some powerful meta, but he was afraid that if he said it aloud it might be true. “ I don’t disagree with you, it almost seems like everything is happening exactly how Myst wants it too, but it also feels like there are some darker forces at work here pulling the strings, maybe someone in the shadows or right in front of our eyes. I don’t know who I can trust, but I trust you and I know that you are right about Dean. I hope whatever he took didn’t seriously mess him up, but I feel like it might have. I just don’t know, but what I do know is that we need to figure out what is going on here and fast before someone gets hurt.”

He was still upset, but knowing that he had at least one person on his side made him feel much better, even if it was a new friend that he had just made. He ran his hand through his hair and smiled back when he mentioned that it had worked. It was his first time using his new phone and texting so it was good that it worked. He noticed that Reed had come back and he tried to remain calm in the face of a supervillain. Just had to think of him as a normal guy who just happened to sometimes bodyguard and murder people. Nothing weird about that. He raised his eyebrow at the text, taking a few minutes to figure out what it said and replied back. “ Will do meet u by the zoo. I have an idea on what to do next. :D.” Mike nodded at Felix and muttering small under his breath, shrunk his brother into his pocket, still not responding and headed for the zoo.