Comatose

Duncan followed the man and he had a feeling that the absent minded nature of the man was an act. there was a keen awareness just below the surface that he could see and almost touch it was so palpable. He was being tested. He didn't mind that since he knew what was at the end of this little test already, or at least he thought he did. Anisha.

"I've heard of the sleeping death," he admitted as he watched the man flick a tiny light over the patient's pupils absently and then scribble a few notes in a chart hanging at the end of the bed. "How long has this man been asleep?" he asked motioning to the patient. he thought he saw an odd twitch in the nurse's hands when he asked but she continued to work ignore them both, or trying to at least. Watching the doctor leave the room he moved closer to the nurse, "Hello, I am Duncan Campbell." he leaned forward to read her name tag, "Cherise...Would you mind if I shadow you today so I can get a feel for the routine?" A sideways smile flashed in her direction as he turned on what little charm he possessed in an attempt to win her trust and possibly her interest.

What he really wanted was to see how much information a nurse would divulge to a resident. Some were very open, others were as closed off as the Great Wall of China. This was a gamble of epic proportions, and he knew it, but it was worth it to get to the bottom of this whole mystery that was costing sleep and a small part of his sanity.