Communication

It goes text, then face-to-face, then calling. Calling someone for something that can be swiftly dealt with in text is silly. If I call someone I want it to be meaningful, not "What time you free? 'Kay, bye." Face-to-face comes second because businesses are more likely to take you seriously if you are physically there.

But yeah, text is my favorite. It's always been easier for me to comprehend by reading something than listening to something. Often I have to listen to audio dramas more than once to understand everything. And with text I don't have to worry about balancing my phone in the crook of my shoulder as well as whatever I'm doing at the time. I don't miss the sore neck and ears from the corded days. x'D

Reactions: Dipper
Fun fact: Not being able to make eye contact or avoiding it can be a sign of anxiety. That threw me away because I do have anxiety and it was something I always did.

I prefer face to face communication even though I'm a huge introvert. It took me a while to get past the awkwardness that is me, but work got me used to it. I love to write, doesnt have to be text. Sometimes I write letters if I need to organize my thoughts.

I really really hate phone calls. I hate having to deal with the phone and keeping a conversation going.

I miss the days when you HAD to go find people, or call them. I use texts, email and the like but I hate being chained to a phone and considered ALWAYS available. I have also come to realize that texting (As far as my children are concerned anyway) is an easy way to be passively rude and ignore people while you do something else. Oh mom...sorry i didn't see this. yeah sure you didn't...pft.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Fun fact: Not being able to make eye contact or avoiding it can be a sign of anxiety. That threw me away because I do have anxiety and it was something I always did.

I prefer face to face communication even though I'm a huge introvert. It took me a while to get past the awkwardness that is me, but work got me used to it. I love to write, doesnt have to be text. Sometimes I write letters if I need to organize my thoughts.

I really really hate phone calls. I hate having to deal with the phone and keeping a conversation going.

I get what you mean! Phone calls are that weird in-between: you can't see their face like in-person conversations, but you also don't have time to think about what you're saying like you do in writing.

I miss the days when you HAD to go find people, or call them. I use texts, email and the like but I hate being chained to a phone and considered ALWAYS available. I have also come to realize that texting (As far as my children are concerned anyway) is an easy way to be passively rude and ignore people while you do something else. Oh mom...sorry i didn't see this. yeah sure you didn't...pft.

I'd say take solace in the fact that almost everyone is guilty of ignoring a text in favor of something more important or interesting, haha.

:cookie:

Face-to-face terrifies me. Give me text with smilies and shit. x_x Voice is ok, if it's on my terms. I have pretty bad social anxiety.

I like messaging, either text, skype, PMs, emails, etc. Etc.

I don't like video calling though, there's really only one person I've video called since good ol' MSN days and I highly doubt it'd happen again or with another person haha! Heck. I don't even like being face to face with anyone unless I know them well and like them. I don't even like regular calling! What is wrong with me. o-o

-succumbs back into her hole-

• Bucket of Rainbows
Depending on the situation if it's something very important, I prefer communicating face to face. I can't imagine hearing over the phone or through a text even email bad news. It has happened and it rocked me to my core. If I'm just talking casually with friends sure a phone call or texting will work for that quick back and forth.

Text / chat for me. I tend to overthink it when it comes to emails, specially when composing one when I'm on a pc. Like I see all that empty space and wonder if I should make it longer / how do I even make it longer when I only want to say is something short.

Phone calls are my least way of communicating. Group calls with friends over discord are finee, but phone calls? Nope. Nope. Nooooooooooope. I hate making a phone call and I absolutely hate having to answer one. I get so nervous and awkward when I'm in a phone call. Sometimes they are unavoidable tho. When I know I have to contact someone (usually a government service) over the phone, I have to mentally prepare myself a script and stall for as long as I possibly can xD

I'm most comfortable with text chatting online, I get nervous when doing face to face talk and I need to react much faster than when I'm texting. With texting I can take my time and really think about what to say if I need to.

Phone is what I hate the most, not only do you have to have the same amount of reaction time as in face to face situations, but there's also the problem that you have no body language (or emoji language). I use my hands a lot when I can't find the right words which usually helps people figure out what I mean, and when it comes to online chatting I can use emojis to show people if something's a joke or serious or whatever, but in phone calls there is nuthing. Only your voice! And I suck at talking! In a day when I'm not working I might say three words xD

• Bucket of Rainbows