Cool Stuff On The Internet: October 2018

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
cool_stuff.jpg

HI I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME BROWSING AROUND DUMB SHIT ONLINE INSTEAD OF WORKING.

I thought I'd share some of the hypest shit I found online last month with y'all motherfuckers.

COOL TECH SHIT
  • Sans Forgetica - Some design nerds and some behaviourial science nerds got together and were like "yo lets make a font that's designed to help people retain information better". Use it for your study notes or something, I dunno.
  • Bypass Paywalls - Stop allowing news companies to hold their content hostage despite listing it openly online with this handy-dandy little addon for Firefox.
  • Snap Camera - All of Snapchat's lenses/filters, no longer trapped on mobile devices. Looks like they're making a push for the streamer market with this, which is an interesting idea if nothing else.
  • Chunks - I'm a sucker for writing apps that try new and novel approaches to getting the words written, and this is certainly that.
  • Witeboard - Start a collaborative online whiteboard that you can invite others to contribute to, no logins required. Handy for game planning or an impromptu D&D scheming session.
  • Primitive - One for any Mac users out there. Take a picture, and have this program re-create it in geometric stylings.

COOL ARTICLES

That's all my coolest cool internet shit from this month, chums. If you've got any cool shit of your own you wanna share, feel free to sling some links below.

Oh shit. Oh shit. That WIRED article was utterly amazing. If you hadn't told me the posting date, I would've thought this was posted yesterday.

The idea of modern technologies going awry is certainly not new to me, but the author explains it so well I'm having a hard time not loving it.

While I'm yet an uneducated pleb, my idea of a solution rests on limiting expanding into other fields, and rather focus our efforts, and actually cooperate, on making superhuman AI that'll actually want us around, to take over the planning. Excited to see what happens, however.

Oh hey, thanks for the mention. How far into the posts are you? I'm almost don't with the last arch myself.

Amazing idea for a thread, I feel like assembling some stuff I've found as well.