Crusaders (1 more character wanted)

Renegade
Otto White.jpg
Interaction: Apex and Havoc
-----

Otto stood tall when the creature fell and Coyote worked her magic to blank out the creature's mind, while Apex made a move to tackle the creature down. He grabbed four more of those large metal fragments and looked to make his way towards the creature while Apex held it down, the metal shards were about four feet long and jagged and they were getting hotter and hotter as Otto approached. "Watch yourself Apex." He spoke in a calm cool manner despite the internal injuries he probably had from the smack earlier. He went around to the arms and feet of the creature and planted a spike through each limb, one in each wrist through into the ground below them and the same treatment to each ankle effectively crucifying the beast against the deck.

"Havoc quick, get the family out when he changes back we can get him closed up and the wound cauterized." Otto spoke to the fourth member of this gaggle. "Where the hell is Douglass?" Otto thought to himself, the leader of their group would be more than adequate in helping them subdue this beast Gats had become. It was no use thinking more on, Douglass wasn't here and he and the others had to make due.

Havoc used the badge to teleport behind Gats in order to avoid the acid spray. He teleported back to his room to grab a med kit and reappeared almost within the blink of an eye. "No guarantees that he'll change back after this." He warned. He moved once Otto had Gats pinned. This would be easier if he was knocked out, but whatever. His knife cut with surgical precision, finding the least damaging portion to cut through. He was unfazed by the screams as he worked. The contents of his stomach dumped. Fortunately the positive charge Havoc was currently running at made the suit fairly resistant to the acid.

Otherwise this would be major nightmare fuel rather than minor nightmare fuel.

The med kit had about the same charge as him, same with its contents, making it ideal for the acidic environment. He was quick going about cleaning the injury he caused, aware that the stomach acid could cause immediate infections if left in the body cavity. The gloves on the new suit were more suited for this kind of thing, more dextrous work. He quickly sutured the stomach lining, keeping a careful eye on those utter things to make sure he didn't get shot while doing all this. He was no doctor, but field stitching had turned into his specialty over the years. He went through with putting the body cavity wall back together with some more sutures, then finally spared a glance at Otto. "Go ahead and cauterize it shut. Those stitches will dissolve as it heals." He informed Otto.

Havoc moved on to the wife and kid, carefully moving them a safe distance from the downed Gats. He swiftly went about cleaning them up as best as he could, logging the extent of their injuries, and forwarding that to Meg. "Renegade, I'm going to need your help teleporting these two. The wife'll probably shock you when you go to pick her up, they picked up a charge from me moving them. Coordinates are already set into your badge." He spared a glance at the two remaining. "Apex, Coyote, keep him down until either Behemoth shows up and tells you different or I come back with something."

"Mage, we're going to need three medbays, now." He commed in to Meg, and didn't wait for another response. "Also got you another blood sample to work off of."

"B, I'm taking the wife and kid to my doctor, she's got a healing power and should be able to take care of them. Gonna leave Apex to sit on Gats for now until we can sort something out. Too high of a risk bringing Gats to the doc when he's mutated like that. Renegade's coming with me, and sorry about the damage." With all his bases covered, he carefully picked up the kid into a fireman's carry and teleported to a basement that had been converted into a part-time emergency room and part-time lab. Convenient when there's a bunch of mutate kids learning their powers upstairs.

"What the hell is that smell?" Mage's voice sounded from behind a block of machines. "I'll be over in a second, just gotta finish pouring this."

Havoc let out a sheepish little chuckle, and motioned Otto over to one of the hospital beds that were set up and waiting. "You don't want an answer for that one."

"I hate you, Volt."

Even beneath the armor, it was easy to see the full cringe that Havoc went through. "Probably should also mention we have a fully conscious guest."

"Shit."

Otto
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Havoc
----

It was quick or done as quick as he could as he burned Gats' flesh closed when Havoc told him to help take the wife down and the shock he would get a grimace found it's way to his face, he couldn't touch her with his fire. He threw his ax on his back and let his powers fade away as he approached Gats' wife, wrapping his arms around the woman in a bridal style he felt the muscles lock up in his arms as well as the leftover acid start to burn his skin as he teleported down to the medbay right behind Havoc who motioned for him to put the wife down on one of the available beds. He went and sat down with the same grimace on his face as before while his arms started to relax though that didn't help with the pain from the acid any, he felt something warm running down his mouth and a quick pass over with his finger showed blood on his lips. If he had to guess he didn't have enough time to heal in his fire form and was feeling the effects of the blow from Gats earlier, made him wonder what would have happened if he hadn't blocked it with his ax.
He leaned forward and let his ax clatter to the ground as blood dribbled from his mouth and his arms burned. "Hey Havoc, I think I got a bit more fucked up then I thought in that last fight." Otto spoke as he looked up towards the other hero. "When you get a moment after the wife and kid are checked out I could use some help ya?" His voice sounded like liquid was in his mouth as he spat out a glob of blood on the ground and cleared his throat.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Behemoth was still on the Justicar's moon base, The Tower Of Order. He was worried about the situation back at the ship but he trusted his team could handle it. He was worried about the condition of Zenith. He cared for his old friend, plus he might have some insight into the situation from earlier involving the bomb. His team sounded like they needed him. Gats wasn't dead and his family was safe.

"Blackbird, you still working on those Mutate suppression collars?" Behemoth asked. "I'm in need of one."

"Sure. You'll own my company 200,000 too. Can't give out freebies anymore. Members only. You understand." He said with a smug smile.

"Fine." Behemoth grunted.

"Dream can you plea-" Blackbird was cut off.

"It's like I'm the maid or something." Dream flew off towards the upper levels to where Bird's workroom was located.

Behemoth looked at Blackbird. His eyes said it all. Dream was still Dream. "Bet Dream is still chewing ears off when she's drunk."

"You have-" Blackbird heard the flap of her star-spangled cape and shut his mouth. "Thank you Dream."

"Here you go Doug. Whatever the problem is, I offered a hand. Now get out my tower, please and thank you." She looked at the rest of his friends. "Ladies, have a good day." Behemoth opened up a wormhole and walked towards it.

"I'll talk to you when Zenith wakes up. Maybe our teams could work on this case together." Blackbird told Behemoth before he walked into the portal.

Having his meal being ripped from his stomach left Gats tired, weak, but part of him was happy to know they were saved. They would be hurt, chemical burns on most of their bodies for sure. Possibly hair lose from the acid. They would be dead already if Gats subconsciously slow down the liquidation process. It laid there, pen to the ground thanks to Renegade and Apex's teamwork. The illusion had left and he was fully conscious of Havoc operation.

Gats's wife and son were taken to Havoc's doctor and left Coyote and Apex on the ship. When Behemoth the others arrive they see the hallway graffitied with acid burns. "What did you kids do to my ship?"

"Oh, we took care of the problem you bald prick!" Coyote screamed. "Where were you! I almost died!"

"I was busy." He responded. Behemoth went to Gats and lifted his head up and slapped the collar on. Gats didn't fight, he was too tired. The collar did is just and slowly turned Gats back to normal, unfortunately, he'd need the collar on until a cure is found. He then contacted Havoc and Renegade. "You guys did an okay job. Family going to make it?"

@AshenAngel @Dakota K5 @Gands
@Kazuaki Yoshioka @Michale CS

Last edited:
Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Douglass and Havoc
---

Otto heard Douglass radio over coms to ask about the family. He raised his hand to activate the com piece, with more than a little difficulty, before spitting another wad of blood out of his mouth. "We got em' down here alive, Havoc will have to tell you if they're gonna make it or not. I'm fucked up to if that was any concern Mr. Leave the non-invulnerable people to deal with the acid cow." Otto Rumbled is discontent thought that didn't last long as he grunted in pain from the speaking. "Also if that was only okay I'd hate to see what perfect is to you, especially when most of us can be injured or killed by our opponents." Otto sometimes wondered if Douglass thought they all had the same power set as he did, he'd ponder the thought more if he did feel like his skin is melting or that his ribs were mush.

Havoc nodded slightly when Otto spoke to him. "Why do you think I asked you to tag along?" He asked with a little bit of tired humor to his voice. He quickly went over and grabbed something to clean up the acid with, tossing it to Renegade. "Here, get that crap off of you."

A woman dressed in a pair of fluffy pajama bottoms, a tank top, and a laboratory apron stepped out from behind the machinery and hurried over to tend to the family. Her curly brown hair was tied up in a ponytail at the moment. "Havoc, go clean yourself up. I got it from here."

He didn't argue, instead settling on getting as much of the acid off his armor as he could manage. He was fighting his own exhaustion from the extended use of his electrokinesis. He rolled his eyes slightly when Behemoth finally got on comms. "They'll make it. Probably gonna be out cold for the next couple days, but they'll make it. Not sure what the damage is mentally yet, but it's bound to be there after what happened." He stated with a small yawn. "I'm just lucky I guessed the right charge to power up on, otherwise I would've been royally screwed."

The woman flashed a small grin to Renegade as wisps of white light radiating from her towards the two unconscious people in the room. "I'm Mage. I can heal almost anything without leaving a scar, though it does take a lot of energy from the people I do it to. You'll probably get knocked out for a little while once I start on you, if that's alright." She introduced herself.

APEX

The moment havoc and Renagade had removed Gats family, Apex remained silent while continuing to hold down the creature until Behemoth had arrived and snapped a collar around Gats neck reverting him to his human form. While Behemoth and Coyote were talking on the coms, without warning, Apex picks up the knocked gats and holds him up in front of him. "Its pointless to use this one now" Apex says forming a first with his other hand. Expecting Behemoth and Coyote to step in, his grip on gats slightly tightened While he glared at Behemoth "your still going to play it by the bo.... aw fuck it" Apex says suddenly dropping Gats. "I'm to tired to be an asshole right now" he says turning around and opening a portal. "I'm going to kill terrorist until I feel better" He says leaving the ship

Apex's attitude was beginning to become tiresome. The frustration was understandable, all this bidding time and waiting it out. It was...exhausting. He was acting like he was still with his old team, but this method would get his team legitimized, more than just a trigger happy execution squad. With the recent fiasco, Douglass best got he'd get into contact with his FBI and CIA friends. First, he needed to give Havoc the okay to burn Kauffman. "Havoc, that incriminating info you got on our boy Kauffman and his corporations. You can release it, burn the bastard and everything he touched."

-5 days later-​

Gats stood in front of the senate, singing like a trained canary and implicating Arlic Kauffman and others in treason, racketeering, blackmailing, third to first-degree murder, human and drug trafficking, illegal experimenting on patients, conspiracy to commit murder, aiding terrorism and a list of other crimes. His testimony implicating Kauffman and his associates such as other board members and billionaire oil tycoon Solomon Buldan with info being leaked on the web by journalist though a secret source. Gats also explained that he went into hiding with the help of The Justiciars(Lies) and the had been keeping him safe until this trial.

Honestly, Douglass wasn't happy with having to give credit to the Justicars, but his friends in the government decided it would look better if the Justicar wear the face of this. They were more palatable for the media and government to get behind. This was what The Crusaders wanted, justice right, now Kauffman image was being destroyed before his eyes and he couldn't worm out it this time. His underbosses were being raided along with some guilty board members. It was only a matter of time they had undeniable evidence of his crime. Right now they were calling for Kauffman to testify for congress. Doug only wanted one thing, for this shit head to try to run.

-Kauffman Industries HQ-​

Kauffman walked through the halls of Kauffman Industries headquarters in Geld City. He was smoking a marijuana cigarette. Usually, he wouldn't such a thing, it was a fireable offense. Today, however, was a celebration. The Triumvirate had killed the old men who ran things and were making moves of spreading the news through the dark web. He knew Gats would snitch on him if didn't die, and to no surprise, he snitched. Kauffman was furious at first, watching everything his family built be destroyed, but that was nothing, he'd have everything and more soon enough.

Kauffman walked into his office where Firefly was waiting, sitting in his chair. She looked at him, her eyes said it all. "Really? Are you crazy?" Arlic smiled. "Don't look at me like that." He told her. "Enter code Crashing Babel, let's leave this shitty tower. I'm not wasting my time having congress investigate me for something I'm obviously guilty of. I don't wanna make a meme of myself like Zuckerburg." Firefly logs into his computer and typed in 'Crashing Babel' into the console.

Kauffman pulls out a doorknob from his pocket and held it out into the air. He twisted it and pull like you would like would when opening an actual door. Space opened up in the shape of a door and Kauffman walked through. "Before you come through, tell everyone they have a minute to leave. Emergency evacuation. And fuck them. From the bottom of my black heart."

Firefly did as she was told and got on the mic. "Evacuate the building in a calm and orderly fashion. Thank you...And fuck you. Loved Mr. Kauffman. Also, blame Havoc." Firefly smirked and followed her boss through the portal as it then closed shut.

Most workers stood there confused, what the hell was the about? Was it a fire? They complied but not with enough haste. They had their chance and they didn't act. They suddenly heard an explosion from the top of their tower and sequential explosions a couple of main levels of the building. Soon they were in a panic the tower collapse and things exploded around them. This continued until Kauffman Tower fell down on itself into the streets of Geld City and the screams of its citizen's screamed.

Behemoth received the alert from the Crusader. It picked up on multiple explosions coming from Kauffman Industries HQ. He was busy in Jersey City. A police raid on one of Kauffman's underboss's had gone wrong. He and his men were armed with energy weapons capable of destroying police vehicles with a shot. The police couldn't stop them, but a man with a dermal armor capable of taking rocket fire and similar attacks.

Behemoth arrived on the scene through a portal generated by his wormhole belt. He walked out of the portal and joined the officers who were guarding the perimeter. They looked shocked seeing him appear almost out of then air.

"Oh shit. It's him. Be-Be-Behemoth! Man, you are as big as they say." One officer said. "You were my favorite growing up. I remember when you knocked out all of Crimson Valkyrie's teeth out. That was so cool." He had wide eyes. He was seeing a hero. Like a kid meeting his favorite athlete.

"I saw what you and your new team did in Udal." The officer lowered the pitch of his voice. "Gave those terrorist bastards what they deserve if you ask me. Kinda worried about that lizard thing. Looks like trouble."

Behemoth gave the officer a hearty laugh. "He's as harmless a housecat. Don't worry."

"Didn't he...like eat a guy?"

"Fake news. Now excuse me. I got a few trouble makers to teach a lesson." Behemoth walked past them and into the perimeter towards the house the criminals were held up.

Behemoth's skin started to excrete to protective metallic mold as he started to jog. From a window, a man was aiming a firearm at him. Suddenly a beam of energy flew out of it and hit the ground in front of Behemoth, nearly hitting him. Behemoth picked up speed and his jog became a run. The shooter fired to more blast, just missing a direct him. 50 feet away now, Behemoth jumped towards the window like a ball of lead firing from and cannon and crashed through the window, landing on the shooter, his chest was caved in and lifeless on the ground still clutching the firearm.

"Fuck!" A man screams dropping his soda as he fumbles with his rifle. Behemoth charged at him and elbowed him in the head causing it to cave in under the pressure. He flew into a wall and dropped like a sack of bricks.

Behemoth looked around and saw tall stacks of wooden crates filled with drugs and illegal weapons. Behemoth wonder if this would take long? He hoped not, just needed to release some aggression on the deserving people. "You idiots got one chance to give up. Run out the boys or deal with The Behemoth!' He was offering them a chance. He was loud with his naturally booming strong voice. He heard footsteps running across the floor and the sound of gunfire. "Tsk. Cold bastards ass usual."

Behemoth walked out of the room and was met with a blast of energy to the side of his head. It packed some punch, but not enough. He looked at who fired at him. It was a big bald man in a suit. Behemoth liked the guy's style, maybe it was the bald head. On the ground were his henchmen and they were all fried.

"I am not going to prison! I worked for years to get where I am. Kill men that were my brothers. Butchered Folk. I put in work! Now I'm held up in this shitty trap house with some cowards. Let's go Behemoth. I ain't going to the pen. You gonna kill me." He lifted his rifle and start firing randomly. Behemoth took cover back in the room. "You big bitch! I thought you were someone to fear. What a jo-" He heard the sound of a portal opening behind him and a cold metal gripping his head. This went black just as his head hit the wall. The underboss would later wake up in a jail cell, lamenting his fate.

Behemoth contacted his team. "Crusaders. Not sure if you got the alert but there was an explosion at Kauffman Industries in Geld City. Time to do something besides killing scumbags. We need to save some people." Behemoth delivered the underboss to the police who gasped at the brutality of Behemoth's hands-on approach. "He got off lucky." He then ported out to the Kauffman industries.

Ground zero was covered in a cloud of dust, fire, and screams for help. Debris was everywhere, some people could be trapped and in need of help. Behemoth got to work and marched to the collapsed building and started removing rubble blocking the entrance. He wasn't sure what was going on? Did Kauffman do this? His friends? Were they that desperate! Was that slick-haired bastard dead? "Hello? Anyone there.! The building was leaning, but 3 levels were still there. Maybe someone was on the other side.

@Michale CS @Gands @Dakota K5 @Kazuaki Yoshioka @AshenAngel

• Spicy
Reactions: Michale CS
Otto
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Behemoth
-----

"Already here." Otto spoke into his com piece to Behemoth, he was a few blocks away directing people away from the destroyed building and away from the path of any type of debris should the rest of it come down, many firefighters and other emergency personnel were scrambling past him trying to get to the main sight of the devastation. Otto looked past some of the firefighters and other people running, seeing a vehicle partially crushed with what appeared to be a dead family inside, the sight made him grimace. "This is a goddamned clusterfuck, Douglass, we got debris and injured civilians all around this fucking thing." Otto paused as another firefighter ran past but away from the main site of the former building, suddenly several more ran past before he saw some black smoke rising from the direction they were heading. "Fuck." Otto cussed to himself, not censoring himself at all. "Douglass we got fires starting away from the blast zone it looks like and if you can get a line to your justicar friends they are gonna be needed it looks like for this if they ain't already on the way."

Otto was again directing fleeing civilians, it was times like this his powers weren't of much use. He was really good at fighting and destroying things with his flames but rescuing people was never his forte and this situation very much sent him out of that zone about three times over and on top of all this he wasn't about to use his powers now for fear of starting more fires and making the whole situation worse then it was already.​

When Cynthia arrived, she just smiled. "Don't worry, strangely enough, my power set is almost made for shit like this." She went full enticing beauty form for this - noone wants to see a demon when they're not sure if they've just died - and dashed from fire to fire, using her elemental control to snuff them out by absorbing them.

The next move would be using her ability to sense souls to find people trapped in the wreckage and point out to first responders and Behemoth what debris to move to dig survivors out.

@Dakota K5 @Cush Almighty

Alexandra aka Gloom

Alexandra arrived immediately after Behemoth's notice. She quickly determined where she could be of help. Like Cynthia, she could absorb the energies of the ongoing fires. When directed by Cynthia, she could absorb and weaken the rubble to the point it could be more safely moved. In some cases she could give energy back to those who were close to death. She tried her best not to think about what kind of person could do this to his own people.

Matthew Volt has been a little too close to the headquarters when it blew. He'd been checking in with a journalist friend in Geld, making sure everything was going according to plan. He had a pretty good scare when a chunk of concrete crashed to the ground feet away from where he was walking. He teleported and suited up, grabbing his emergency crash kit too.

Havoc was working fast, a small fleet of remote controlled drones at his command. They were equipped with heat sensing cameras in order to spot people in the rubble. He had a workstation set up on an undamaged rooftop that overlooked the rubble that once was the Kauffman Industries HQ. "Alright, I'm gonna link in with emergency services and manage comms with any other hero that comes on the scene. We've got numerous civilians trapped in air pockets within the main building collapse. I'm logging their locations and sending them to all of you." He quickly compiled a virtual map of the area, showing where the civilians were trapped in the rubble. "I'll be keeping the map updated as more of this shit gets cleared. Reminder for everyone, be careful sifting through the rubble, a bad shift could crush trapped civilians, or trigger a collapse onto yourself."

"The city power grid is unstable due to the overload that the explosions caused. I'm going to shut down power in a five block radius in order to prevent any more electrical fires from the power surges, so we shouldn't have to worry about those too much." He continued with a few key swipes, finding it easier to manipulate the data manually then relying on his technopathy. His mind was already too many places at once. "I'm gonna have to go to the power substation and regulate it until ground crews can make their repairs." He added over the comms. "I'll still be keeping an eye out, but my hands will be full."

Around them, things were going to hell. Fires starting from overcharged electrical grids along with power outages. Clouds of toxic smokes blanked the area making it difficult for people to breath. He wished they had someone capable of generating an updraft of wind to help clear the zone. Hearing Otto's suggestion pissed him off, but it wasn't a bad one. "...Fine"

Behemoth continued by removing the amount of rubble from the entrance and entered the building. He saw men and woman on the ground, dead, some still breathing covered in white dust making then look almost like ghosts. He pulled those trapped under rumble as first responders rushed in to get them to safety. He then touched his communicator to get in contact with Coyote. "Coyote. I need you to connect me with Blackbird of the Justiciars! We need their help. We need Zenith." Last he heard Zenith was still recovering. It's been 5 days, his cells were nearly repaired from the intense blast radiation he took. The fact he was out this long was concerning. Seems Ultimatum's people have created even more potent bomb.

Behemoth followed Cynthia's or rather Nadir's direction, each time finding someone still hanging on to life. Behemoth couldn't take his mind off Kauffman. He couldn't make up his mind about this situation. Did he do this or his partners? "Nadir! Can you feel if Kauffman is by any chance alive in the area? Gloom, any chance you can do the same trick you did with Zenith back at the Tower of Order(Justiciar HQ)".

"On it. Least I can do to help."
Coyote hated being stuck on the ship. Even gloom was able to do something to help the situation. Coyote wasn't a wizard with computer's like Havoc, but she wasn't any slouch herself. She tapped into an open channel and ringed Blackbird on his personal communicator. On the computer screen, it showed an out of date house phone ringing. When Blackbird picked up the image switched to live video.

"Coyote, We are on our way." He then ended the call before she could even reply.

"How did he even know it was me?"

The first was arrive was American Dream, the hero descended from the sky with a star-spangled cape billowing in the wind. She touched down with the nearest authority and got to work. She was lifting rubble with her hands and dispatching of fires with her telekinesis.

The next to arrive was Blackbird. His jet almost silently entered the area and sat above the destroyed tower that was Kauffman Industries. He then jumped out of his jet and glided into the 3rd floor of the destroyed building.

As Dream was lifting rumble and freeing civilians she received a message through her communicator. "On my way." She then turned to Renegade and shouted. "You...Burning Man! Do me a favor while you brute of a boss in busy on the lower level. I'll be lowering survivors from the upper floors and I'd like if you catch them! Please don't burn them to a crisp if you can help it!" Dream then flew off towards the upper-level wear Blackbird was. Dream was then lowering the surviving employees down and hopefully, Renegade or someone would be there to catch them. She was gentle enough not to make any injuries worse.

The other Justiciars, including Zenith, were nowhere in sight.

@Michale CS @AshenAngel @Gands @Dakota K5 @Kazuaki Yoshioka

As they continued the rescue, they heard a sonic boom in the sky nearby. Those who looked into the sky would see a humanoid clad in a deep red, black and gold. The man slowed down, knowing slow his speed down before causing any more harm. He then opened his mouth and closed his eyes. He sent out a silent sound that blanketed the area. He then moved with incredible speed saving civilians one by one, rushing into buildings and saving the trapped and injured. He drops them off, descending upon the medics on sight like some angel. The rescue operation went quickly after that, With Zenith's help, things were clear up successfully. Zenith then communed with his teammates, Blackbird, and American Dream.

Behemoth stood in front of the fallen building, skin covered in his dermal black metal. The anger and sorrow displayed on his face was even palpable in the air around him. He failed them, all of them. Him choosing to do- Behemoth heard a wormhole opening behind him.

"What a shit show." Jack says stepping out of a portal that opened up a few feet behind Behemoth. "if I knew this is what you meant by playing by the books, I would have signed up sooner." He says with a sarcastic tone looking around with an indifferent attitude toward the chaos. "Why the fuck are we still playing hero!" Apex says pounding the ground in front of Behemoth. "The longer you leave Kauffman alive, the more innocent people die!"

Apex says suddenly unleashing a punch on Behemoth seeing him still ignoring him. Behemoth absorbed the punch and turned his neck towards the ass behind him. "I'm going to speak my mind, and you're going to listen," Apex says growing slightly bigger while his eyes started to glow red. "People like us don't get to play heroes, but you should know all about that." once again referring to Behemoths past.

Apex's prodding was getting to him, he was tired of it. The punk didn't wasn't wrong, but if something needed to be hit. He clenched his fist, thickening his dermal organic armor on his knuckle. "APEX! DON'T-"

"Douglass!" Shouted Blackbird who was running over to him. "We need to talk."

"About what?" Behemoth asked angrily.

"About this damn mess standing in front of us!" Blackbird pointed towards the collapsed.

"Fine. Let's talk." he responded bitterly.

"Tower Of Order. Now." Blackbird responded aggressively

Tower Of Order

The Crusader arrived at the Tower Of Order, Justicair's base of operations on the moon. It was 21(really 20 with the 13th not 'existing') floors high. The Tower composed of steel. It was warm, the heating system constantly running to combat the cold of space. They walked towards an elevator, rather a rising circular platform with a glass surrounding it. The slowly ascended platform floated thought each level, an invisible force pushing it upward.

"Crusaders..." Behemoth said with his arms crossed and his team behind him. "No more playing by the books. For now on, we are looking for blood. We find Kauffman and any other vile pieces of garbage with him, we kill them, no questions asked, no chance for them to rant. We take their skulls and crush them. He had turned towards them, the same stern face he usually wore now more intense. His eyes were red, the stress of his failure eating at him. "I was wrong. I lead poorly."

Eventually, they reached the 20th floor and stepped off down a white hall. Along the walls were portraits of different incarnations of the Justicairs. Some portraits were of them group together for a team photo or them in a fight with a villain or monster. Some photo's dating back to 1940's, the oldest picture feature American Dream in it along with the hero being pictured in many more pictures throughout the century. There was even a photo of JFK giving them each the presidential Medal of Freedom. "Can't believe some of these people inspired me..."

Behemoth kept walking until he reached two large doors and pushed them open with his hands. As the doors pulled back, the sight of round white table with 5 people sitting there greeted them. At the table Zenith, Dream and Blackbird sat there with 2 other heroes. WhiteOut, a masked man covered in white with a cape as if he was dressed for tundra and Armory, a young woman sporting a high-tech cherry red armor.

"Welcome Crusaders! To the Tower Of Order! The base of Earth's greatest team of heroes." In the center was Zenith with Dream on his left and Blackbird on his right. "Please, sit." Chairs for all of them popped out of the ground for them on the other side of the large table.

Behemoth to a set in the center chair on the Justiciar side. "Alright, what do you guys want." The more polite thing would be to see how Zenith was doing since the explosion, but he had more pressing matters. "You wasting my time right now!"

"No, we aren't." Blackbird responded.

"My team I could be looking for Kauff-"

"You think I'm not keeping a thousand eye out for him too. I have every avenue I have access too keeping an eye out for that man! We're here to talk about what you guys will do when you find him. We need to know what you plan to do. Will you bring that devil to Justice!" Blackbird explained.

Behemoth laughed. "Justice? Of course. I'm throwing his head on a pike. Not only him, Hakim the Immortal Man is dying too. Then Ultimatum! I'm done playing softball!"
The rouge hero shouted as he slammed his fist on the table causing it to crack. "The death toll is in the hundreds because we played by the law."

"We are Superheroes Doug! We don't kill." Dream shouted jumping in. "I've done this longer than anyone here-"

"I'm no Hero! You've been a failure! How many lives lost compared to the ones saved. How many many Villain's did you reform when you could have saved time killing them when they first took a life! How many Heroes died because of Justiciar's not snapping a fucking scumbags neck!" Behemoth shouted now standing up from his seat.

"I will not give up on people! We are not executioners! We need to work together to take this Triumverate down! And not with the intent of killing them! If we do that-" She responded trying to keep her cool.

"We're no better then they are? What a fucking stupid platitude. An outdated ideology stopping anyone from changing shit. What to expect from a foolish old bitch!"

WhiteOut then jumped in. "Watch that mouth of yours Behemoth. I'll have you iced over in a second if you don't show Dream some damn respect! And everyone here for that matter. You're in our house! "

"Boy don't think you can start giving me orders!" Behemoth shouted at him now boiling with rage.

Havoc was silent as he trailed along with the Crusaders. He knew better than to say anything, since it wouldn't be of much use. Walking through the hall of memories or whatever, something left a nasty taste in his mouth. Some picture taken right around when he tried to call for help from that hellhole. He was still quiet, his temper slowly bristling as the shouting match began around him. "Enough." The words came out with a harsh crackle of electricity.

He was quiet for a beat, hesitating with whether or not he was actually going to do this. "When my powers first manifested, I got taken to some child-soldier facility in the US. They turned us into killers there. I managed to send out a call for help to the Justiciars during my technopathy training. Too bad you guys were busy with picture day." His tone was harsh and scathing. "When my team escaped on our own, we tried to burn the guys running the place the legal way. While he was smiling in court, buying the judge and jury, the rest of the kids got moved to another facility, just like the one we escaped from." There was another crackle of electricity as he took a calming breath.

"There is no such thing as justice, just right and wrong. And for as long as I've been around, you guys have landed in the wrong far more often than you've landed in the right. You turned a blind eye to so many people. Hell, probably the only reason why I crossed paths with B here was because you guys heard about some mutate putting down crimelords and needed to correct their view of justice." There was a hint of a mocking tone to his voice as his glare from behind his mask swept over all of the Justiciars. "This is a waste of time. I refuse to use your methods and you won't change my mind. I could go and kill Kauffman all on my own. Any one of us could. You can't stop us and we refuse to be reformed."

Otto
Otto White young.jpg

-------
Otto followed and Otto also listened to both behemoth's bluster and his old team's responses along with Havoc's own opinions on the subject of justice. He rested his chin on top of his hands while his palms rested on the top portion of his ax and if Otto was honest he didn't care one way or another about how the bad guys were handled. Death or prison, it mattered little to him. "We could go the cynical route and assume you Justicars get some sort of endorphin rush off being the hero so you hold back less you make the world not worship y'all anymore but I don't believe that." Otto stood a little straighter. "The world needs heroes to believe in but they also need people willing to do what needs to be done, not just what they feel is right or wrong. Regardless of how we deal with Kauffman at the end, we need to focus on actually finding and capturing him. Or we could all sit around here in our little pissing contest while more civilians die." Otto spoke with a nonchalant tone to those listening as he found himself a chair and sat down, he didn't feel like getting lectured about how superior the Justicars felt for not killing nor did he want to listen to Douglass throw a fit because he hadn't gotten his revenge yet, because frankly, that's what this was mostly about in Otto's opinion.

Alexandra aka Gloom

Alexandra followed her team to the Tower, impressed with the sheer majesty of it. The history, she remembered back in her childhood how much these people meant to her back then.

She was quiet during the initial .. loud ... conversation. When Douglas looked like he was going to blow and take on all comers...

She got up and stood by him. She spoke softly.

"The deaths of these people aren't your fault. You are a fine leader. These people, these Heroes, were your friends once. Theoretically we are all fighting Kaufman here Behemoth. Fighting these people, these Heroes would only achieve Kaufman's ends. You don't want that. "

She then turned to the Justicar team. Specifically to Zenith.

"I am glad you are in fighting trim again Sir. I may not be your idea of a proper hero, but I was glad to help in your recovery with my small actions."

She takes a brief calming breath now, listening to Havoc, then Otto. Managing by sheer willpower not to look at Whiteout and threaten him with extreme harm.

"I agree with Otto, whatever our differences, we must concentrate on our goal. He is too much for any of us to take lightly "