Day 28 - Favourite RP Genre

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
5 STAR GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
My bread and butter is fantasy. Mostly high or urban fantasy with some romance thrown in. Although I am a sucker for Scifi, but boy howdy does it take some brain power. It's a beautiful genre but there are days I cannot put two words together for it. Otherwise I'm very prone to steampunk influenced styles and generally don't much care for modern. Mostly cause we live in this era and this not always much fun!

What are some of your favourite RP Genre's?

High fantasy, followed by low fantasy followed by this strange mash-up of cyberpunk/biopunk and generic dystopian followed by "classic" sci-fi

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Megasis and Lyrikai
Fantasy is absolutely the easiest to do because it's pretty sneakily easy to just be "It's magic!" and not have to explain shit. You can throw anything into a fantasy and somehow explain it so it makes sense!
Plus, there's dragons and dragons are my favorites. I love writing fantasy because it's so versatile. And it's everywhere. Everyone knows fantasy.

HOWEVER.
I am a huge sucker for sci-fi genres. I will watch any sci-fi show or movie that it presented to me and it's given me the ability to be able to bullshit a lot of honky science and spaceship jargon pretty easily. But it's also so much harder to write for some, I totally understand! It's definitely harder for me, too! Takes more brainpower!
And not everyone is into that and I don't get as many chances to flex some good sci-fi whether it be a gritty cyberpunk or a grand space opera. I swear I squeal with glee anytime I find someone willing to write sci-fi cuz I just don't get it as often!

I love aaaaalll the punk genres honestly: Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Dieselpunk, Solarpunk, Atompunk, Arcanepunk (or I think a better name is Aether or Magicpunk), etc ... I somewhat dabble in all of them or borrow elements, but a looot I've just never gotten the chance to write a full setting immersed in one. Maybe someday 🤣

FANTASY! \o/
Or Sci-fi. And Supernatural genre is fun too.
But the best one has to be Science-Fantasy where I get to mash all three of then in one. :P

I can't pick... I'm not strong enough.

Gothic/Victorian Dark Fantasy? I literally have to look up the genres. I think those might be my favorite! At least right now, I'm sure that'll change soon enough lol Apocalyptic settings are a close second, I love the survival aspect of a run down world.

But whatever the genre, give me romance or give me death! O.O

I am more partial to modern with contemporary, freeform, and romantic elements and with a dash of drama and angst. I am also open to medieval/historical, supernatural, and light fantasy, along with some fandoms, whether canons or ocs. I also enjoy retellings of fandoms, too, or Disney.

I have tried and still want to broaden my horizons. Taking my time, though.

• Love
Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Definetly really high fantasy background with all the mythical humanoid creatures and others. That followed by science fiction and dystopian settings. I also love mixing romance into these, but a lot of the times, depending on the plot, I'm fine without it!

I guess, because of my writing style, I also like to add humor/comedy aspects to the RP. It's funny because I absolutely despise reading romcom novels and such, I just can't read them.

Slice-of-life is also really fun.

If there's not a romantic subplot I'm not interested. >:[ So that is my top tier favorite thing across the board.

I think Modern Supernatural has to be my biggest favorite because MOST of my plots end up landing there, with vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witches, and whatnot. Realistic Modern is okay, but I always end up sneaking in something spoopy even if it starts off normal. 😂

And then Fantasy and SciFi is tied for number too, even though it's harder to get SciFi rps. Bonus points for Science Fantasy O_O that is always fun blending magic and space travel