Last edited:
Friends 01- 8/02/18

[spoili]
Friends.png
[/spoili]

SE OC Emery & SE Raquel

• OMG
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Don't know why I suddenly wanted to post again but here are some works that helped me figure out the direction I wanted my art to go in.
25703321_VcG4SoBHdt90y5q.png

26164121_cNpSszOUWvwZEYe.png

32874648_uLHXQFTmQCb2CcT-1.png

33825635_sb6k1Ur3ljwNZYv.png

More on these characters respectively: Eri Keifer and Cale Gaither. The Other characters belong to some friends of mine x)

• Wicked
Character App for an art roleplay o/
Lilly.png

• OMG
Because I want more compliments
Illustration-3.png

Declan knew he could find his sister at this hour.

He also knew where. Of course at, that would only be if she were alone. As angry and abrasive of a person as she was, at her core she yearned for social interaction. But he had an inkling tonight she would try to isolate herself. He noticed it earlier when they were on the way to the great hall for dinner and having a quick chat. She kept rubbing at her temple and she seemed more irritable than usual. Not that, that was a major change from her norm but it was still worthy enough to take a mental note.

He strolled to the halls that saw the least amount of foot traffic and upward to exposed rafters, because Raina had a habit of seeking out high places and then cramming herself in tight spaces. Sure enough, just short of the astronomy tower, she was folded up in a window above the staircase leading to the ground floor, a book braced against her lap, scowling at the words as she continued to rub at her temple. Even with the moonlight hitting the window just right, it was pretty poor lighting to be reading in (and more than likely she didn't want to attract attention with a luminos spell nor could tolerate it).

"Don't you ever sleep?" He goaded. The look she gave him was absolutely affronted.

"Is this where I point out the irony of you also being awake and here to ask me that?" Raina snapped, hand moving from her temple to press against the open book.

He fought back an eye roll and tossed her the potion he had in his pants pocket up until now. Predictably, she snatched it out of the air before looking to see what it was. "Grounded willow bark, ginger root, woodworm brewed in lethe river water, and, for your benefit, lavender. For your headache since we both know you won't go see anyone about it." He explained. Her trust issues in adults especially extended to the healers in the hospital wing. It wasn't unusual for Declan to be the one to notice she was struggling and treat her himself. Because for her, for whatever reason, pain was something to endure whether than to be treated. And when she did wind up in the hospital wing? Well, she wasn't an easy patient. Everything got worse before it got better with Raina.

"I could've brewed it myself!" she argued, popping the cork and peering inside the bottle as if that would some confirm the ingredients. "And won't the lavender make me drowsy?"

"You would blow through batches trying to make it taste better then give up and suffer it." If she wasn't trying to make a potion taste like chocolate, she was trying to add more of an ingredient trying to improve the flavor and that wasn't how potions worked unfortunately. Of course that was only an example of how she liked to fiddle with potions. "And making you drowsy wouldn't exactly be a bad thing here, now would it?"

The look she shot him was unimpressed.

"No, Raina, it's only used in the sleep drought for it's calming affects." She grumbled some more about it before pinching her nose and knocking the concoction back. She smacked her lips, broke out into a yawn soo after, and her expressions immediately went accusatory as if it was his fault she was suffering from symptoms of stress and exhaustion. The potion was barely in her system. "As fun as this was, dear sister, I have classes in the morning. You do too, by the way."

"I'm fine! And I do sleep by the way."

Not nearly enough for someone as active and everywhere as she was but he kept that thought to himself as he made good on his promise to retire to the dungeons for the night.

• OMG
Raina was on the "table" the duels were held on and at some point she had adjusted her sitting position to have her leg dangle off while she wrote in her notebook. Duel club had concluded half an hour ago and dinner would be starting soon, leaving her a lone with her thoughts. No matter how many times she told herself she didn't have time for a personal project the idea that had gotten into her head was hard to ignore. So once again she set about tackling it, only-- no, because then-- her brow furrowed with frustration before she took it out on the poor page, scribling it out to the point of tearing the parchment, which only made her even more aggravated.

She growled and chucked the stupid thing, the impact against the far wall echoing in the otherwise empty room. It doesn't matter how I do it, it isn't going to work. Raina wasn't one to shy away from conflict and considered herself one to look upon a situation with many layers and nuance as a welcomed challenge-- only there was a flaw in this mindset. She never quite figured out how to address the fact she was a pureblood. Wasn't that ridiculously? But for someone who wasn't politically inclined - to put it politely - everything she did was politically charged.

You're friend is a half-blood? Doesn't that make you a blood traitor? What did that even mean? "Blood traiter". The word was said around her with such dripping disdain in low voices proper ones spoke with while speaking on unproper topics. Such as muder and the murdered. There was nothing good to associate the word with so it made her skin crawl. It would sit wrong on her tongue because she would never truly understand the word and what it was supposed to represent.

She knew what betrayal felt like, wouldn't wish it on others so she chose to be the person those around her could depend on without a second thought, and to her the worst thing you do was kill a fellow wizard. Killers and those who whisper to each other that others that don't align with the same train of thought deserve death. Those were the traitors.

I don't particularly condone murder, you know I wouldn't hurt a fly, and it really is ashame he was killed in his own home, but my heart sooner goes out to the family more than it does him. He was a bit of a blood traitor, wasn't he? Mourning him just feels... wrong. She wasn't supposed to over hear the well dressed lady sipping on wine with her hair done up all prettily with gleaming diamonds in her ears. If she wasn't wearing black you could hardly tell she was attending a funeral. But Raina was small, and eight, and empty and she did. Her father, she learned that day, wasn't a well respected man in their community.

The act of befriending someone and thinking perhaps not everyone deserved punishment for simply existing was betraying her blood caste? Not killing them and then gossiping over their death bed? It would never be something Raina would be able to wrap her head around. It was a bloody mess, that's what it was.

But if she wasn't a blood traitor then she was a pureblood.

"You are an ungreatful child. The utter petulance." Her grandmother was right, wasn't, she? She came from old money with a Fireball Supreme rotting up in her room while she rode on a Cleansweep she bought with her own money and all she could cry was woe is me. Raina was a terrible person, but she never claimed to be otherwise. In the end it didn't matter what her stance was, did it? She was privileged, was given a better hand than many, so she was always going to be pureblood and that was going to overshadow everything she did.

Even in an impossibly perfect world where she was an impossibly perfect person with the most purist and well intended thoughts; she would never truly understand where everyone was coming from. Because where she came from was a beautiful, large, generational home, with talls walls and sparkling metal bars.

No. being a pureblood in world where purebloods were the enemy was something she'd never learn how to tackle. The anger she felt melted into something else entirely. It was calmer, heavier, made her shoulders sag and her head hang with the weight of it, her hands clutch folds of her skirt. She would rather be angry.

She gathered her notebook. Sat against the wall. And wrote about something else.

Last edited:
  • OMG
Raina hissed as the bandage was wrapped around her arm and tried very hard not start fighting with the nurse again over touching her arm (she didn't know why she ever bothered; it was one of the few fights she could never win). The urge to jerk it away was very much there but she some how managed to sit still and not make the wound worse.

"There, was that so bad?" The nurse had the audacity to inquire.

Raina's eyebrow twitched as she nursed it close to her body and as far away from her as possible. "Yeah you can leave me alone now," she snapped, not in the mood to humor pleasantries.

"No need to be so rude," the nurse replied with a disapproving frown. Raina watched her pack up her supplies with narrowed eyes, upper body turned away from her, and the nurse finally left her be to tend to the only other person in the wing. The Hufflepuff was far from an accomodating patient and the sooner she can leave the better. If there were two things Raina couldn't deal with, it was adults and touching, and it made recieving medical care an absolute nightmare for everyone. It didn't help she didn't want anyone pointing their wand at her for any reason.

She made a move to get up leave thinking her little visit finished but the nurse just turned back around and made an na-ah noise at her. "You better park it right back down missy! You are not going to around ruining an hour's work! You're sitting there and letting the potions run their course."

That made Raina bristle "What the fuck does that mean? Are you making me stay here just to spite me?!" She just cut her arm, that's all! And it was more than a graze really. It wasn't like she broke it!

"The utter arrogance in youth today," she heard the nurse grumble before turning back to whatever she was doing.

Raina groaned out loud and threw herself back in the bed across the width of it. All this because some idiot in class thought it was a great idea to start waving around a knife like a wand and nearly gouged someone's eye out. Why Raina thought she should insert self in the situation was beyond her but she did, shoving the unsuspecting victim and raising her arm up in defense.

What happened after that didn't register for the Hufflepuff as she tore into the idiots and it wasn't until she realized they were just gawking at her arm that it sunk in; oh my arm is feeling kind of wet. Then the sting of her skin having been split open set in.

Nevertheless, jostling it around did hurt like a mother, so she held her arm close to her body and stared up at the vaulted ceiling until she sound of the grand doors opening echoed through the wing. Ugh, did she even want to look? Hurried footsteps and past experience told her yes, she very much did. She sat up and stuck her foot out, stopping the other Hufflepuff in his tracks.

"Rude," he stated, lowering the arms he had raised for a hug. She flipped him off. Kyler stepped away from her and made the wise decision to face plant into the bed next to her instead. "Ugh I don't even wanna look at whatever landed you here this time."

"Then why did you come???" She asked the afro of curls now growing out of the blankets. As the youngest Kyler would be the only the that didn't have wire thin and straw straight hair wouldn't he? It also wasn't as dark as the rest of his siblings, his generics seeming to come straight from their grandfather on their mother's side. Now didn't that get people talking? He lifted his head from where he stuffed it in the bedding as if he did have an answer, but a second figure had made himself known.

At 6ft, Declan towered over them with sharp blue eyes and an apathetic expression, hands tucked neatly in his pockets. The only thing that truly gave him away how his previously styled hair was now looking a little disheveled from running his hands through it. He stared at Raina's bandaged arm and then sighed, lifting his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Well..." he started, speaking in that slow, deliberate way of his; voice low but by no means gentle, "At least you aren't having us find it before someone discovered it missing."

Raina huffed out a laugh but beside her Kyler groaned. "I would laugh but that's too close to being real."

She rolled her eyes at him. "You two are dramatic."

"No!" Kyler abruptly sat up. "I'm traumatized and look! You made Declan ruin his perfectly styled hair!" Said Slytherin's eyebrow twitched. Coming from Kyler, that sounded more like a dig at his styling preference than a compliment. "Remember when you broke your arm?"

"...you panicked and reset it."

"And then the docters had to rebreak it and re-reset it!"

"Hey, give credit where creits due! They said I did a pretty good job and the bone was only off by a few centimeters!" Raina snickered remembering all too how low key traumatizing that was. Raina and injuries just did not go together.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were just being nice," Kyler said, stuffing his face back in the comforters and missing (ignoring) the look his sister gave him.

Seeing a lost cause she turned back to Declan and asked, "Where have you been anyway?"

"Hm?" Was the only response she got from him. He was alreadying starting to look at the watch on his wrist. "...not spending my time in the medical wing." Raina wanted to kick him.

"Hey, wait!" Kyler once again sat up and this time turned his full attention to their older brother. "What's with this rumor I keep hearing about?"

"Rumor? What rumor?" Raina pressed.

"Don't you ever just talk to people?"

"Yes I--" she paused, really reevaluating what that would mean to Kyler. "Not in the way you do." Because the guy could and has just walked up to people and inserted himself in conversations as if it was the most natural thing. For a 4th year, he was pretty well liked.

Declan meanwhile was staring off into the void also trying to figure out what Kyler could possibly be referencing to. Unlike Kyler, no one ever actually said anything to his face. "I... don't have the faintest idea of what you're talking about."

"Apparently you made another Slytherin guy disappear."

"Yeah, that's something you would do," Raina said with a gremlin grin.

"The only thing I could consider remotely close to that is the argument I got into with Charleson... Last I heard of him, he had to leave Hogwarts for a family emergency."

"Whoa wait! You, quiet and brooding, got into an argument? And I was under the impression you didn't even think other people were worth the time of day," Raina said, now fully invested. It really wasn't like Declan to confront people. He was tall and broad and he fully used that to his advantage to intimidate people out of conversation with him. If that didn't work, he always had his sharp glare. He and Raina had the same eye color, but she only ever heard his described as icy and cold. But talking back? No, he would rather leave. In fact, until he was around 8 or 9 he didn't talk at all; he was a selective mute.

Declan's eyes returned to whatever void he liked staring into. "...he told me I made my potion wrong." He took another glance at his watch.

"Fine, I get it, you're busy," Raina huffed. Talk later. She signed at him.

He gave a curt nod and left the hospital wing.

"I don't envy you two," Kyler grumbled. "Seeing him was hard enough before with him being in a different house. How I only get a glance at him."

"Yeah well, that's seventh year for you," Raina grumbled, knowing that would one day be her: too busy for much else. Well... if that wasn't her already. 6th year was kind of kicking her ass, especially with potions.

"I'm not returning for my sixth and seventh year," Kyler abruptly announced. Raina glanced at him before looking back at the door Declan just left out of. It made sense. Students only returned for the last two years if they needed the advanced classes or just wanted to look good for future employers. Raina wanted to be Auror, and Declan wanted to be an Unspeakable. Kyler? He was good at a lot of things, but being a jack of all trades meant we would never specialize in any given area. He liked drifting from one thing to another and picking up various skills.

Raina understood putting him through the final years wouldn't do him much good. He would struggle with the work load and stress and would eventually get up and leave. Raina could see this clear day and it didn't worry her in the least. The rest their family though? "Don't mention that to anyone else."

Last edited:
  • OMG