"Well, I'm glad for you to find a low-life like me so fun," he replied, his own wide smile practically permanent to his face before striking a pose. "Probably not as nice as your mates but I look pretty good, eh?" He bragged, radiating his typical confidence in comparison to his more, rare timidness from the night.

"So does this mean you aren't afraid to get intimate with me again?" He confirmed. "I don't want rock be lied to and get my hopes up, Joseph. If this is something you plan to continue, I don't want you to suddenly fall back, especially when I had just as much fun as you."

"...If you're up for it, I suppose we could set up another arrangement? We can have a professional, working relationship and... a sexual one, I suppose. To put it simply, this is something I plan to continue, yes. My philosophy on my love life is that it's too good a risk to ignore. Life's too short, isn't it? I have no desire to get caught, and I've had people be suspicious of me in the past, but... I won't neglect myself," he clarified, his own smile continuing its presence as he eased into his thick Winter coat, straightening his shirt out as best he could. Even though nobody outside the room would know what went on, he still felt as though people could automatically tell that he and Ricky had been intimate. It was paranoia, he knew that, but he couldn't easily ignore it either.

"I'll see you in a few days, then. With a body, preferably, but... you know where to find me if you decide you want to... continue what we did last night. I can give you my home address, if that's easier for you. We can't exactly get intimate at the school," he murmured, reaching into the pocket of his coat to pull out a card, one with his work and home address written neatly across it. He always kept a few cards on him for whenever he might meet an influential person at social parties - it was always best to hand over a card in case he hit it off with them. "I don't mind you paying a visit, Ricky. Not now we've headed in this direction."

"Who says we can't get intimate at your school? I mean, there's a floor, isn't there?" He protested teasingly with a quick wink before slipping the card into his back pocket before properly slip on his suspenders. He planned on possibly heading out himself, possibly spend some of his money to buy a proper winter coat. He didn't need to look fashionable, he just needed to be able to remain warm because, in the past day, he certainly was feeling the cold in his bones. Like hell did he want to have a cold be the thing that killed him.

"I'll a fresh body for you, don't worry," he reassured with a childish grin. The whole few days had gone far smoother than he expected - which wasn't a bad thing. He had a good amount of cash in his pocket and had a pretty saucy night with a handsome man. He was going to be able to at least look a bit more put together and things were on the right track. It took him long enough, he internally noted and snorted softly to himself.

Of course, that pleasant time only lasted so long. Zero word came from Ricky until the day he was meant to deliver a new body. He did, staying on time with yet another surprisingly high-quality body, though he was in far less proper shape. He was sporting a swollen eye and more bruises under his clothes, all thanks to getting robbed the day before. He was at least able to pay for the rent at the hotel but he hadn't been able to eat much, all the leftover money completely gone...hence why he was so eager to show up. Wheezing a tad once at the door, Ricky coughed hard into his sleeve before pounding on the door, his face red and sporting a wary frown.

While he was the one to ask for a few days to go by, Joseph couldn't help but worry that Ricky had gotten cold feet about everything. About both the body deliveries and the potential romance. He could confirm or scrap those worries by finding Ricky and asking him in person if he was really that concerned, but he knew better than to head to that tavern again. Once was quite enough; twice would be asking for trouble.

So, he was left alone for days to wallow about, constantly fretting about the short supply of bodies and the fact a new love affair might be over before it had even begun. For the most part, work distracted him. He had no time to think about anything else when he was teaching his students, but every minute after it, his mind was full of fears and worries.

When he heard the door at the dead of night, his initial reaction was elation and relief... though that ended the moment he actually set eyes on Ricky. As soon as he motioned him in out of the cold, he set the candlestick aside and, with one more glance at his swollen eye, leapt into questioning.

"What on earth has happened to you?" He began, trying to be as soft as he could in his approach, but the protectiveness in his voice came through nonetheless. "Did you get into a fight? Were you robbed? What's happened? I... I was worried, Ricky. And clearly I had every right to be."

"Yes," he replied simply in response, groaning as he flopped the body on the floor, his eyes darting about nervously. "Right after I managed to pay off my debts, some terrible man decided to pummel be in the back alley and steal my cash. I'm not feeling too well, spent most of yesterday trying to heal my wounds and whatnot. I suppose it's good to know a doctor, yeah?" He teased weakly before rubbing his neck.

"It's... fine. It's sweet that you're worried about me. I figured you'd stop caring after that night or get sick of me. I mean, I know I'm pretty amazing and hardly a face you want kept out of your life, eh? Just... be careful with me, I suppose. It was a pain to drag him here."

"I certainly don't want to do anything with you if you're hurt, Ricky. That'd be irresponsible. Just... I'll carry the body. You shouldn't have brought one if you weren't up to it," he sighed, grabbing the bag to drag towards the theatre himself. If he was finding it difficult, he could only imagine how much of a strain it was for someone who was injured and bruised.

"...Do you need extra money?" He asked slowly once at the theatre, with the body safely on the operating table. "Because I have no qualms against that, Ricky. You're no use to me if you're dead, hm? Now, let me see your injuries. Like you said, I'm a doctor. I can help."

"No, no, I'm not gonna leech off of you," he reassured with a laugh, only to cough roughly into his arm. "I'm not that kind of guy. I like to earn my way, I don't want to just take money from you. If I need the extra cash, I'll... get another body, or something. It's enough for you to Pay me for working at all, you know? I'll just need something to stop the pain and I'll be fine."

As he spoke, Ricky's eyes locked on Joseph warily. He was never one for the doctors, the only time he ever saw one in action was when a doctor tried to help save his mother... and failed miserably. It didn't help seeing the corpse flop onto the table, the idea of him being on that table if something were to gone wrong was terrifying. "Just... yeah. I'll just need to rest. Get some hot food in me - I wasn't able to buy any the other day so I'm feelin' a bit wobbly, but I'll be fine."

"You haven't eaten anything? Ricky, that's... idiotic. Why didn't you come to my house? I gave you the address. I could have had my maid make some meals for you to take away to last you a few days. I... I can't believe you didn't even attempt to tell me about this," he criticised with a surprising amount of anger behind his words. After all, he was not only reliant on Ricky to bring him bodies, but he had grown strangely close to the other. He would go as far as to admit he liked him not only as an acquaintance, but as a potential lover too.

So yes, he was pissed that Ricky didn't think it was a good idea to alert him about how tough things were. He understood that some pride might be affected, but surely that was better than suffering with injuries and going hungry?

"We can get you something to eat. My maid's gone home for the night so that's not a possibility, because I can't cook for myself-- we'll head to my social club. They still serve food at this time of night, surprisingly. We'll go there. You're a guest; I'll make up some excuse to get you in. I can't imagine many people are there this time of night anyway, so nobody will question me about why we're... in one another's company. Besides, I can risk it if it means getting some warm food in you, Ricky."

"I didn't want to just stroll up to your fancy home unannounced and have a maid or whatever called on me," he explained with a wary smile, his hands nervously fiddling with one another as he was yelled at.

He knew it was childish and far from manly to get upset at being yelled at, especially at 19, but he wasn't exhausted and starving, leading him to grow teary-eyed. He didn't mention it, though.

"I mean, I'm no master chef but I could've whip you something together," he suggested casually as he held his side, grimacing at the pain. "I can make a mean stew, given the time and materials. My mum used to show me how to cook before her passing."

"No-- No, I'll make you a stew. You can direct me from a chair, tell me what to do. You'll come home with me and we'll get you a hot meal and somewhere warm and comfortable to sleep. I insist, Ricky. If you think it's too soppy of me to do that because I like you, then think of it in strictly professional terms. You're the only one supplying me with bodies. I'm not able to... dig a grave up myself, so I'm reliant on you. If I need to be somewhat charitable to continue the business dealings, so be it," he murmured, figuring that it would be far too weird to admit that he was doing this purely because he liked Ricky. How was he to know that Ricky wouldn't get uncomfortable and walk out if he admitted it?

"...Anyway, I'm still disappointed you didn't turn to me for help, but I suppose that's understandable. I might make you uncomfortable. Is that it? I'm trying my best to be... friendly, Ricky. It's just difficult to talk to you about things when you and I have completely different lives. It doesn't mean you should stay away and starve yourself," he sighed, shaking it out of his head. He was furious, but banging on about it wasn't going to help anyone. "It doesn't matter, ignore me. Here, borrow my coat-- I insist. You need the warmth, you look ridiculously pale."

"It's just... you have more 'polite' company or what have you, in addition to your students. Imagine me, walking in all bloody and beaten up. You'd be laughed at, or I'd have the police called on me. I don't know, I'm not the brightest," he reminded with an awkward laugh, rubbing his neck with a small smile. "I mean, I get a pleasant meal from a handsome man though, so I suppose it isn't all for naught, yes? I'll be able to watch you fail miserably trying to do something on your own," he noted before leaning against the wall with a soft sigh.

"Let's clean this all up and just go out. I'm exhausted and I wouldn't mind a proper bed... assuming you'll let me sleep in it." he cautiously suggested with a wiggle of his brow. "We can cook first. Ah... I assume your pantry is full of delicious food that you'll ruin."

"I don't know why you assume I can't cook. I admit that my previous attempts have been... lacklustre, but who's to say I can't produce something marvellous under your guidance? You don't have the greatest confidence in your teaching, do you?" He retorted with an arched brow, forcing back the smile that threatened to show. Too much had happened between them to guard his emotions, but he also knew it was wise not to get too friendly whilst at the school. There was nobody to find them, but he didn't want to get too comfortable just in case someone did enter. He felt far more safe in the comfort of his own home.

"Let's get a move on then. I'll pay you for the body once we get to my house-- and I'll pay you a little extra. I don't want any arguments about that. You need the cash, Ricky."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"... I won't deny it," he eventually decided despite his wariness. The guilt of not earning the extra money on his own hit him hard and he could hear his father chastising him from his home back in Ireland, though he wouldn't express it to Joseph. He, much like the other, wasn't one to talk about certain things and his family was a bit no-no.

"Let's go. Do you have a carriage? I don't want to walk very far," he admitted with a cheerful laugh. "It was bad enough to come on over here with a fat man on my shoulders but I did it, I don't think a carriage would be asking for too much," he insisted as he quickly left the room with the body.

"It's approaching 11 at night, my chauffeur is tucked up in bed in his own home by now-- but my home isn't that far away, Ricky. It's a five minute stroll at the most. I would offer to carry you, but I suppose that'd look strange if there were passersby taking a stroll at night. Considering we're entering my area of Edinburgh, it's probably best not to walk around with a handsome man in my arms-- but I'm willing to at least lend you my arm. I'm sure I can find a reasonable excuse for that if we did bump into someone," he laughed, wiping his hands down on the surgical coat hanging up before taking his leave from the operating theatre, smiling happily at the three bodies he now had on the tables. The previous bodies were already in the process of being examined, the very first cadaver almost completing its purpose, so having another ready and waiting to teach with was a huge weight off his mind. He was by no means happy with the short supply, but he had no doubts that Ricky would continue to do his best to help him out.

"You don't need to retrieve another body, not until you build some strength up. I'll continue to pay you, or you can always just have a meal or two at my home. I live alone, and when I have guests, I tend to meet them elsewhere. My home is my private space, really, so you're not in that much danger by visiting me there."

"You wouldn't mind me hanging around?" He questioned warily, all the whole watching Joseph so raged over his delivery. It made him happy to see the other so eager for science and that he was helping, it was proof that he was at least doing something right. While he couldn't really see the whole appeal of cutting up bodies but that didn't mean he wasn't curious himself.

"It's fine, really. I don't want you spending unnecessary money on me, makes me feel like a proper leech," he insisted before wrapping an arm around the man's waist, a cheeky grin on his lips. "I feel like a mistress, you know? Hiding from everyone and whatnot. I find it exciting though, if I'm to be honest," he babbled on before daring to offer a quick kiss.

"Would you rather be open and honest about our... whatever this is? I can assure you we'd be imprisoned without hesitation and sentenced for countless years. I suppose I could get out sooner than you could, which is unfair, but... I won't pretend that I don't get considerable advantages in life. Again, it's not fair, but I can't change it single-handedly," he remarked with a faint smile to himself. Just because he entertained within the social circle that often looked down at the lower classes (which Joseph knew he was guilty of himself now and then), didn't mean he was entirely cold-hearted about their plight. He wasn't so ingrained in the social scene that he was ignorant of the struggles Ricky and his class went through, and how ignored they often were. Hell, he didn't like it, but what could one man do? He wasn't in a position of power where he could initiate change, and he didn't see it happening anyway. At least not in his lifetime.

"...Let's just get going," he sighed, heading outside and locking the school up behind himself. "I would love to be able to be open about... us, but it's not possible. You should know that by now. There have been infamous cases of men being imprisoned across the country for being caught for their sexuality. I don't want to be one of them; you shouldn't either."

"I know, I know. I'm not dense, Joseph," he reassured with a roll of his eyes before moving his arm around the other's neck to give the appearance of being helped rather than affectionate romantic action. He craved affection, especially after getting a brief taste of it from Joseph, so Ricky was going to get as much of it as he could. The fact that getting even subtle bits of affection in public was also incredibly exciting.

"Could I perhaps stay the night?" He offered. "I would love a nice dinner with another romantic night, eh? We could get all affectionate by the fireplace... that I'm sure you have in your fancy home," he drawled with a purr before pushing open the door with a grunt. "Come on, old man."

Joseph had never felt old before. Thirty wasn't that old, all things considered. He was the youngest doctor at the school, and his students often remarked how strange it was to have a teacher as young as he was. Everywhere he went, his age was often commented upon, but he was used to being called 'young'. Admittedly, he couldn't help but feel incredibly old around Ricky. The other wasn't even 20 yet. He was energetic, lively, adventurous... everything Joseph inherently wasn't. He never had been, even at 19, but the lack of those qualities only made him feel ancient now.

Being reminded of the age difference did make him laugh a little, though it was slowly becoming an insecurity of his. He wasn't going to end his acquaintanceship with Ricky over it, but he was now aware of the age difference and growing more awkward as a result of it.

"You can stay the night, I suppose. There are plenty of rooms you can stay in," he smiled as he headed out into the night, taking in the crisp air happily. "I... like to sleep alone. Our night together was an exception because I was drunk and unable to sleep elsewhere. I don't want to sound mean, but I like my own space when it comes to sleeping. I don't know you well enough, Ricky. We're... still strangers."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Well, let's stop being strangers," he countered with a smile, his hand reluctantly moving to his side. He knew the boundaries he had in public and he sure as hell didn't want tic end up in jail, even if it was nearly midnight.

"I get it, though. I'm serious, Joseph, I want to be more than good buddies in the bedroom. You're so interesting, yeah? You're a spry young man and I'm left wondering how you managed to get yourself in the job of some old, decrepit man?" He praises openly. He didn't need alcohol to tell the truth and the truth was that he was genuinely fascinated by the other. "I mean, I don't want to force you into anything."

"How do most people at the top of society get where they are, Ricky? Think about it. I'm sure some are there through hard work, but it always helps if you have a good family background. I worked incredibly hard to get here, but I'm well aware I wouldn't have been given this job if my father wasn't first an army man, and than a doctor himself, with good connections in the city. I'm not afraid to admit that, even if it's mildly irritating that they didn't hire me on merit alone. I get certain privileges, Ricky. I'm aware of that. I'm just not strong enough to reject them, I suppose," he mumbled, growing more and more quiet as he took into consideration the considerable advantages he had had over Ricky, just because of who he was born to. It wasn't fair, but again, he couldn't change it alone.

Even if he tried, he knew he'd be shunned by his friends and kicked out of certain social clubs, which themselves gave him advantages he didn't want to lose.

"...My family home was the one I grew up in when I was a boy. My parents moved back to my hometown in Aberdeen and left me the house, so... it's rather large for a single person, I admit. We have a home in the country too, I use it for parties mostly-- I don't want to sound like I'm boasting. This is the problem with telling you things about myself, Ricky. I feel like it's coming across as... me boasting. I don't intend to, you know?"