INTEREST CHECK Don't Blink

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
L

Laggy Lagiacrus

Original poster
Not familiar with the Weeping angels? Watch this for a brief explanation of them.

"Possessing a natural and unique defence mechanism, the Angels are quantum locked. This means that they can only move when no other living creature, including their own kind, is looking at them. As soon as they are observed, they instantly turn to stone and cannot be killed.
The Angels have the ability to send other beings into the past. This allows the Angels to feed on the potential time energy of what would have been the rest of their victim's lives."

Now, obviously, attempting to use Weeping Angels without the Doctor is like eating toast without butter or jam. It doesn't work. However, I feel their concept would be brilliant for a horror RP.
Obviously, I'd alter aspects of them (for example, the time-sending), to make it fit in more. I want to base the monsters off the Angels - not copy them.
Question is, would you lot like to RP with these lovely statues as the main enemies?

Oh, and I forgot to mention something.
They can turn off or blow out your torch.

Doctor Who~! *fangasms*

Ok, moving past that, I love the concept of the weeping angels, as they are one of the scariest monsters of the DW universe, and would make a very compelling monster for a horror based rp.

What kind of changes would you make to them, besides their time-moving? Continuing on that, what would they do instead of move you through time?

Well, we've still got the basic concepts of them, so the appearances and 'no blinking' are the same.

We still need to have them feed off of some form of energy produced by doing something to a human. So, I'm thinking that the pseudo-angels take a human's life force, thus causing their body to be unable to hold itself together. The body is absorbed by the angel, and anything else is simply left to rot.
I'd have to change their appearance somewhat, if in a public area. Only enough to make it look natural, or at the very least, not conspicuous.
And there'd be no clever sciencey rubbish either - the angels are a new threat to the people in this RP. They know nothing about them, other than people are disappearing the moment they turn their backs or blink.