3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
WzoKzE2.png

A very cool video that captures the essence of Epic Crossover
(though not necessarily the plot)
Player characters will not be allowed to be "Villains" except on a case by case basis after being vetted by the admins and clan owner.

I am aware some really disparate comics are under the umbrella of IDW specifically, but we're doing a basically Marvel/DC merged world, with many leak through characters from other universes, so, no Mickey Mouse or Twilight Sparkle, sorry. Keep to a modern, comic/movie Superhero genre. This earth is Earth-51693 (Earth-EPIC)

Please Join us on our Discord Server

A bunch of our previous threads:
Epic IC - Gotham
East Coast Freeplay
West Coast Freeplay
Elsewhere Freeplay
New York City Freeplay
Gotham City Freeplay
Metropolis Freeplay
Schrodinger's Universe Event
It is a Double Treat to Deceive the Deceiver (Atlantic City) Event
Body Parts (NYC) Event
Prologue (Gotham City) Event
Hub City Freeplay
National City Freeplay

New Threads, active!
Suicide Squad "Take Your Leader To Me" Event
Gotham City
Flippin, Arkansas
Star City

Character Index:

Info on the merged world:
The Year is 2018, and the merger between the two worlds took place on December 21, 2012

Atlas of the DC universe, which has more cities than Marvel

STAR Labs and Advanced Idea Mechanics were once a single legitimate above board business until a schism among the top officers caused the split off and subsequent alleged criminal activities of AIM.

Approximately 85% of the world's defense contracts are held between Wayne Enterprises, Stark Enterprises, LexCorp, and Lord Technologies. Justin Hammer was bought out in a hostile takeover and now serves as a Senior Vice President at Lord Technologies.

Mariah Dillard has bought out OsCorp and rebranded it UsCorp.

Metropolis is in Delaware and Gotham City is the capital of New Jersey. Dakota City is laid across the borders of North and South Dakota similarly to how Kansas City is in two states. National City is a major metropolis situated between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast.

In the "edited" merged world history...
New York City survived "The Incident", an alien invasion thrwarted by a joint effort of the JLA and the Avengers, where Loki and Brainiac made a deal with a combined force of Chitauri invaders and the Adaptoids to take over the planet, starting in New York City, but a plan hatched by the combined ingenuity of Tony Stark and Ted Kord defeated the invaders.
It survived Harlem being torn up by the fight between the Hulk and the Abomination.
It survived Inferno, the invasion of Starro, and so much more.

In 1998, and again in 2004, Congress proposed the "Metahuman Registration Act." It failed miserably both times, but there are still strong supporters for it on both sides of the aisle, and a third version of it has been stuck in committee for the past two years.
As a side effect of this Senator Kelley (D - Michigan), who is the biggest proponent of the MRA, never got the funding to fully enact his Sentinel program. There may well be some dark money projects that have a few prototypes about, but squads of Sentinels, the Master Mold, and Nomad were edited out of history for the most part during the merger thanks to the generally very positive light on superhumans in the DC universe.

Lex Luthor ran for President on the Republican Ticket in 1996 but backed out of the primaries and backed Bill Clinton, stating he was changing his affiliation to Democrat. He ran again in 2008 and just missed getting the nomination then, mainly due to the fact that he still had a lot of business interests with Haliburton and was a golfing buddy with George HW Bush. There are rumors of him running a third time as a Democrat in 2020. Lex Luthor is 58 years old but still looks surprisingly young.

HYDRA(Marvel) and Kobra(DC) are a single merged organization.
Cobra (GI Joe/Marvel canon) and Venom (MASK/Marvel canon) splintered off of the HYDRA/Kobra group to form their own High-tech mercenary/terrorist for hire organization
GI Joe (Marvel) and MASK (Marvel) are both special divisions of SHIELD. [/question]

It has been six months since the events of the Schrodinger's Universe mission, and Nyx made a few changes to the world, mainly to protect herself and to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. Reality Shards are now unable to be granted sentience, except by Nyx herself.Darkseid, Apocalypse and Thanos remember only vague echoes of what happened, and all have an instinctual terror of Nyx herself, and a desire to avoid the Reality Shards, with an ingrained fear that they will somehow change them into inferior versions of themselves. The alternate universe created by the two incarnations of Franklin Richards, still exists. It is hard to get to from Earth-51693 (aka Earth-EPIC), having to be accessed via Earth-C137 which is policed by a certain brilliant yet callous mad scientist.The new Character Sheets are going to use the Classic Marvel superhero game rules.
Thankfully, all you need do is give Michale a good idea of what you want and he can craft the character and tell you what power level it is in. There are more power levels, now, by
the way.

Use what you choose. You can lose access to a character if you register it and never use it.

The character power levels will be based on the Classic Marvel RPG That can be found HERE. You don't have to know how to use/play the system, the GM staff can help you get the numbers straight. This is only used to determine which power level your characters are - you're allowed one character per power level (with the exception of Supporting Cast, of which you can have as many as you can actively play) , but you can trade a higher power level character in to get two of the level immediately below it. For example, if you don't have a Metahuman level character you could have two Enhanced level characters. This is just so people don't get way too many characters in the game that get left behind and not used.

There's some overlap in the levels to allow flexibility for people who want to play multiple characters, but this a general rule of thumb (and can be changed on a case by case basis via the clan owner):

Power Level

Description

Point Level

Example

Supporting Cast

Normal Folk

up to 150

Foggy Nelson, Rookie Cops

Talented Normal

Just a cut above

up to 200

SHIELD Agents, SWAT

Extensively Trained

Cinematic Action Hero

up to 400

Nick Fury, Det. Bullock

Street Level

Somewhat Super

up to 600

Daredevil, Batman

Enhanced

Powers? Yeah I got em

up to 800

Iron Fist, Steel

Metahuman

With Great Power comes...

up to 1000

Beast Boy, Spider-Man

Superhuman

I'm the best at what I do

over 1000

Martian Manhunter, Vision

Global

You have few peers

over 2000

Superman, Hyperion

Cosmic

I have walked on the surface of the sun...

over 3000

Adam Warlock, The Spectre

Character Creation on your end will be pretty easy: Classify your character in seven abilities, list your powers and talents, and submit it to me. I'll crunch out the sheet and we can discuss it to make sure it fits your concept and the campaign.
There are seven abilities: Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reason, Intuition and Psyche.
See what they mean here: http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/alternate-ranks.html
Fighting: Combat ability: trained and/or natural.
Agility: Flexibility, balance, coordination; agility and reflexes.
Strength: Physical muscle power and brute force.
Endurance: Constitution, Aerobic, Physical Toughness, Fitness.
Reason: Ability to think logically, intellect, learning.
Intuition: Intuitive, deductive reasoning, instinct, perception.
Psyche: Resolve, willpower, strength of focus.

You can also rate your character on: Resources, Popularity, and Appearance but for the most
part these will not affect your character's Power Level (But yes, being rich is a power)

The Adjective Scale: Each of the abilities is rated by an adjective, from Shift 0 to Beyond (though some of these are well out of reach of players) and each of these adjectives are
called ranks.
They are: Shift 0, Feeble, Poor, Typical, Good, Excellent, Remarkable, Fantastic, Incredible, Spectacular, Amazing, Sensational, Monstrous, Awesome,Unearthly, Shift X, Shift Y, Shift Z,
Class 1000, Class 3000, Class 5000, and Beyond.

However, most player characters will use the ranks from Poor to Unearthly, the far ends being impractical for meaningful game play. Each of these ranks has a point value. Pick your ranks and add up the points. Most times, this total is about half of the points your character will be worth when abilities and powers (if any) are added in, so this will give you a good idea of what category your hero will fall into.

Rank Name/Points
Shift 0 (Sh0) 0
Feeble (Fb) 2
Poor (Pr) 4
Typical (Ty) 6
Good (Gd) 10
Excellent (Ex) 20
Remarkable (Rm) 30
Fantastic (Fn) 35
Incredible (In) 40
Spectacular (Sp) 45
Amazing (Am) 50
Sensational (Sn) 60
Monstrous (Mn) 75
Awesome (Aw) 90
Unearthly (Un) 100
Shift-X (ShX) 150
Shift-Y (ShY) 250

Each Power Level has a suggested maximum rank for the seven abilities, and it varies by ability, and is on case by case basis.
(Mainly to keep in line with what “human maximums” are)

Level

Fighting

Agility

Strength

Endurance

Reason

Intuition

Psyche

Supporting Cast

Ty

Ty

Ty

Gd

Ex

Gd

Ty

Talented Normal

Ex

Ex

Gd

Rm

In

Fn

Rm

Extensively Trained

Fn

Fn

Ex

Fn

In

Fn

Rm

Street Level

Sp

Am

Sp

Sp

Mn

Am

Am​
Enhanced
Sn

Sn

Am

Am

Aw

Mn

Sn

Metahuman

Mn

Mn

Mn

Mn

Un

Aw

Mn

Superhuman

Aw

Aw

Un

Aw

Un

Un

Aw

Global

Un

Un

Un

Un

Un+

Un

Un

Cosmic

Un

Un

Un+

Un

Un+

Un+

Un

Last edited:
Below are some snippets from a Clan discussion called "The Daily..." from the previous run of Epic Crossover, these are canon for this universe.

cropped-banner-copy1.png

METEOR SHOWER BRIGHT IN SKIES, IMPACTS IN KENT COUNTY
by Bob Harley
Sep 9, 2014

At a place known as Marvels Crossroads in Kent County, Delaware several meteorites slammed to earth last night. There are no injuries reported but several out-buildings were reportedly damaged by the fragments from space. The Planet spoke to Brock Hampton, a local dairy farmer regarding the incident.
"I heard a big boom and then a crash. I figured well, maybe it's one of them superhero fights that they always try to take out of the big city so's people don't get hurt. Don't that beat all that it's just a buncha rocks. But they got fellas in spacesuits with metal detectors or sommat out in my field, so I reckon I'm gonna wait before I turn my cows out til they find out if it's safe."
When we approached the site we were turned away by people in clean suits who were apparently with the Center for Disease Control, but this reporter saw at least one van there with the logo of the DEO - the Department of Extra-Normal Relations. It appears anything that falls from the sky falls under the purview of this once-secret organization. As always, you can depend on the Planet to keep you informed.

dailybugle.jpg

AMAZONIAN SUPER FEMINIST TO SWITCH TEAMS?
by April O'Neil
Sep 9, 2014
WW_Cv41.jpg
The superheroine who goes by Wonder Woman was seen Wednesday afternoon entering and several hours later, leaving Avengers Tower, at which time she was seen shaking the hand of one Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America.
Just yesterday afternoon Wonder Woman was spotted in the skies of New York City, in an entirely new outfit, that looks more like she took fashion tips from Captain America and Iron Man.
Does this mean that one of the core members of the Justice League of America has defected to become one of the Avengers?
It's unclear at this point, because both the JLA and the Avengers have not returned our calls.
The Themiscyrian, who recently accepted a dual-citizenship in the United States, also could not be reached for direct comment. In the past, she has ostensibly aligned herself with the Pro-Registration movement but has since backed down from that position stating that, "Those gifted with such abilities should be under a moral obligation to be open and honest as a citizen of this nation, but I understand there may be fear of revealing oneself in the face of persecution. I still feel that those who have such abilities also have the courage to face the world with the truth."
I understand where you are coming from, Wonder Woman, but it's easy to talk about truth when you wear a magic lasso that can compel it from anyone you rope up with it.
What this reporter wouldn't do for one of those lassos.

latest

HAS THE ONE KNOWN AS 'THE FLASH' RETURNED? MISSING AFTER JLA / AVENGERS ACCORDS.
by April O'Neil
Sep 17, 2014

When you look up in the sky and see that it's not a bird, nor a plane, but it's some menacing wannabe trying to be the Superman they never could out of malice, we all get that sense of foreboding & peril, that it until the Man of Steel would show up and save the day in the incredible All-American swagger that he does so elegantly, but what about the boots on the ground? And I mean so quite literally, the heroes who run the streets up and down where the real struggle is. I'm not talking about the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, nor am I speaking of the Neighborhood Friendly, I mean someone...or thing that has recently gave the common populace both the zest of hope and joy, as well as the sense of caution and skepticism. I'm of course, talking about the streaks of golden lightning that have been seen in the streets of New York in the past month. From my investigative reporting and gathering intel from local residents...the only instance that they've ever heard of with a streak of lightning is none other than a hero named The Flash, and rightfully so.
They tale of this mysterious being as capable of running faster than lightning and light itself. They also tell the tale of how this Flash has been missing and presumed dead for quite some time now. The rumor and gossip differ depending on who you ask, some saying he simply got too tired of the fast life and decided to call it quits, and others saying he lost a showdown with an alleged other speedster, and was replaced. It's these stories that create the fluctuating demeanor of the citizen upon the sight of the pictures above. Has The Flash truly returned? Or are we looking at something more? Someone...or something else entirely? We've sent out a few questions to AIM here in New York, and STAR Labs in Metropolis regarding any satellite imagery and derivation to cracking what this was, but no comment as of yet.
Reported sightings have been upstate New York, Times Square here in NYC, and unconfirmed sightings and reports to the south in the reaches of so much as Gotham City. I can only help but wonder if this streak of lightning, be it a being or not, will reveal itself and purpose to the public sooner of later, and when that happens... with the Justice League and The Avengers scattered, will we be ready?
Is The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man in the WRONG hood of Gotham? Read more in Section 3B.

dailybugle.jpg
by Kat Farrell
Sep 29, 2014
STRANGE ATTACKS IN GOTHAM, METROPOLIS, NEW YORK

vampire attack.jpg
The latest in a string of attacks being labeled as "vampire attacks" has struck closer to home. Several attacks, some resulting in deaths, others in injuries and still others who avoided injury, have been increasing in the past few months.
Josephine Smith, a resident of Queens and licensed Nurse Practitioner, was the latest victim. She survived her attack through what she proclaimed was both her faith in God, and her scientific mind.
"When the thing jumped out of the alley, I thought at first it was a large stray dog, because all I saw were these teeth. Then when it went for my neck, and recoiled because of the cross on my necklace, I thought this is crazy, it can't be a real vampire. But then, well my mind went through all the things movie vampires are repelled by. All I could think of was that vampire versus werewolf movie, so when I got out my superbright flashlight, you know with the high UV rating? Well I got that out and flashed it in it's eyes and it backed off. Then I held out my cross and starting saying the Lord's Prayer because that's really the only scripture I know by heart, and it seemed to back off. Then I heard a lot of dogs barking and the next thing I know it was gone. It scratched me, but I've been tested for every kind of infection since and I'm clean. But you never know."
Daily Bugle: "So, do you believe it was some sort of supernatural vampire that attacked you? "
Josephine: "I don't know. That's silly right? But if... if you're a crazy person and believe you're a vampire, that kind... that kind of stuff is going to work on you, psychosomatic, right? - Continued on A12 -

national city news.png
TERRORIST ATTACK ON NATIONAL CITY AVERTED BY "GI JOE"?
by David Winslow
September 12th, 2014

national city story shooting.jpg
Two officers were wounded battling one of the terrorists, seen wearing heavy body armor and firing an automatic shotgun. The whereabouts of the terrorist is unknown at this point.
It looked like a war zone near the docks yesterday evening. On the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, it seems the terrorist organization known as Cobra sought to launch an attack on National City University. Members of an elite group of soldiers known as GI Joe, a division of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division - better known as SHIELD, drove the attackers to the ocean where they later stormed and took over a cargo vessel that the terrorist organization had highjacked.
GI Joe member, Sergeant Major Wayne Sneeden made a public statement last evening. He could not be reached for further comment at this time.
"We're sorry that this engagement took place in town. We were hoping to drive them back to their vessel and engage them only when civilians were safely out of the way. But sadly this was not possible. We lost good people today, and to that effect, I am being instated as a liason between both local law enforcement and you, the public. If you see something say something. I've provided the press with a hotline. I'll take no further questions at this time until we've had a chance to do a full assessment"
In related news, the mercenary known as Bullseye was turned in to the National City Police Department last evening, tied to the light pole in front of the downtown precinct . It is thought that perhaps he's suffered some sort of psychological trauma because the only statement that a reporter for NCN was able to extract from him before the police came out to take him into custody was, "Squirrels. So many squirrels."
- Continued on A7 -

national city news.png
LORD TECHNOLOGIES TO INTRODUCE SPORTS DRINK
by: Elizabeth Brant
Oct 5, 2014
Lord Technologies, which has until recently been known for its more practical science, such as the EM-Monorail used in New Jersey capital Gotham City and Central City, has announced that they are nearing the launch of a sports drink.
The following are quotes from a recent Press Conference held at Lord Technologies this afternoon.
Maxwell Lord, the CEO of Lord Technologies, had this to say.
"Lord Technologies has always been about making human life easier, and though it has gotten far less press than say, our MagLev projects, has been working with top biochemists on every aspect of the space race. This includes the nutrition and health of future space travelers. It is from our advanced pharmaceutical division that this development comes. I turn the floor over to my vice president in charge of that division, Vaughn Du Clarke"
-Vaughn Du Clarke steps up to the podium-
"Thank you Max. Actually, when my division came to me with these amazing developments in not only sports medicine but human health as a whole, I thought to myself... 'What name could possibly be associated with a beverage so advanced, so perfect, as to advance the human condition as a whole?' Well not those exact words, my thoughts aren't as eloquent as my press conferences -"
E4tyOVt.jpg
-Audience Laughter-
"Then it came to me. If it weren't for Max Lord, I wouldn't have had this opportunity. My company was on the verge of failure, and Max was there to give me a hand up. When I insisted that we were close to a breakthrough, and the rest of the board thought my project was a waste of funding, Max was there. When the Wall Street speculators downgraded Lord Technologies stock by a tick, Max was there. Granted, he was there to tell me I was running out of time to finish the project-"
-Maxwell Lord Laughs and waves his hand-
"...but he was there. So, it is with great pride that I unveil Lord Technologies' newest advance. A sports drink that is clinically shown to improve body metabolism and performance more than any beverage ever has. I present to you... Max Rager."
-Maxwell Lord steps up to the microphone and the two say the next line together-
"Max 'til you live. Live 'til you die."
The executives refused to take any further questions but simply relayed that they would be staging a series of secret sampling events scattered throughout the US, hinting that they would focus on college athletes for their 'reaction team', as they called it.
lTnylnW.jpg
02C63wH.jpg

Left: Vaughn Du Clarke Right: Maxwell Lord Photos by: James Olsen

EpGRMvd.jpg

SCHOOL TEACHER ARRESTED AFTER CRIME SPREE
Unexplained Crimes Continue
by Renee Montoya

OpQt06p.jpg
Lauren Redfern, a teacher at Central High School in the LAUSD, has been arrested after several crimes, increasing in their boldness. The latest caper in which she was attempting to steal a school bus equipped for special needs students, was her last, as she was caught by tracking the GPS locator the radio on the bus was outfitted with. She was pulled over at the Alameda exit of the 10 freeway, near Union Station this afternoon.
Like the other strange crimes that have plagued the area, Miss Redfern claims no knowledge of her crimes, which have not been released to the press. Through our sources, it is known that there were a series of crimes that seem to be attributable to Redfern, not the least of which is the theft of a shipment of iPads that were supposed to be delivered to an undisclosed LAUSD school.
Miss Redfern, aged 34, is a mother of two and has gotten numerous accolades from her employer. Her husband declined to comment when questioned.
It is not known if Miss Redfern is simply a 'copycat', feigning ignorance of her crimes or if she is the latest victim turned criminal in this ever growing, and ever disturbing, crime spree.
- Continued on A8 -

Attachments

• lordtech.jpg
    lordtech.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
  • max lord over shoulder smaller.jpg
    max lord over shoulder smaller.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
  • arkansas times.png
    arkansas times.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 66
  • The_OsCorp_Logo.jpg
    The_OsCorp_Logo.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 68
  • gothpostmasthead.jpg
    gothpostmasthead.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
los_angeles_times_67772.jpg
LORD, OSCORP TO COOPERATE ON COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT
By Raimundo Perez
Oct 8, 2014

lordtech.jpg
the_oscorp_logo-jpg.168137
Lord Technologies and OsCorp Industries filed a press release today stating that a joint project both companies had been working on was about to come to fruition, and right here in Los Angeles.
"This technology is going to revolutionize the communications industry." Said CEO Maxwell Lord. This is right on the heels of his announcement about entering the energy drink market. When questioned about that, he replied, "I did say that Lord Technologies was looking into every aspect of the space race, and communication is a key component."
Oscorp, which is now run by Mariah Dillard after the incarceration of founder Norman Osborn, declined comment at this time, but did confirm that they were working with Lord Technologies.
-Continued on B12-
arkansas-times-png.168136

KID FLASH CAPTURES "ARKHAM KNIGHT" IN DARING HIGH SPEED CHASE, MOTHER AND TWO CHILDREN INJURED
Oct 26, 2014

In a surprising incident yesterday, Little Rock had a couple of unusual guests, causing an accident and damage to Highway 530. The self-titled "Arkham Knight" as quoted from the Instagram account of the metahuman known as "Kid Flash" pursued a long haul trucker, broke into the vehicle while it was moving at high speed, abandoning his vehicle, which then careened out of control, striking a SUV and injuring a mother and her two children, one critically. Names are not being released at this time pending investigation. We did however get a statement from Kid Flash.

"So I was just out for a run, and I hear sirens. I figured, okay, let's give the boys in blue out. They were waaay back in traffic so I ran ahead and see the crash. So, I get the mom and her kids out of the car real fast and to the nearest ambulance. Then, I notice this dude crawling on the outside of this big rig! I was like, that can't be good. So, I run up, close the back doors of the truck because they're banging wide open and who knows what would be inside to cause more damage, then move up to find the guy bashing in the passenger's side window! So, I think he's the Winter Soldier, right? Scruffy hair, bad attitude, chiseled almost heroic jaw then... well I grab the dude and tie him up with his own grappel-gun-gizmo and he doesn't even have a metal arm! I was so disappointed but hey, he says he's the Arkham Knight and he was one of the good guys and he was just trying to question someone. I'm so not buying that so... I kinda knocked him out then so he'd stay out until the cops got there."

- Continued on B3

gothpostmasthead-jpg.168138

GANG VIOLENCE ERUPTS IN DIAMOND DISTRICT, ICEBERG LOUNGE FIREBOMBED, NINE DEAD, DOZENS INJURED IN MASSIVE ATTACK
By: Kevin McCullen
Oct 30, 2014

burned out iceberg half size.png
In what appeared to be a coordinated attack, suspected gang members and the criminal mercenary known as "Firefly" attacked and burned down the famous Iceberg Lounge last evening. Nine people lost their lives to the attack that reports say included not only flamethrowers, but incendiary devices. The gang members had access to advanced weaponry, and as of this time the GCPD is not disclosing if they know just how so many of the devices fell into the hands of alleged criminals.
"This is a tragedy and as far as I'm concerned, a disaster scene. Our immediate focus is on helping our first responders provide their needed services to the victims of this tragedy." Said Police Commissioner James Gordan, who refused further comment, pending investigation.

Uncorroborated reports show anywhere between three and five known vigilantes on the scene, two of whom are known proteges of the Batman. The vigilantes, although they helped bring the violence under control, may have contributed to it in some way. An anonymous tip received by the Post states that there are bounties on the heads of all such masked vigilantes in Gotham.

One question looms in the wake of these attacks - Just where is the Batman?

- Continued on B12 -

usa-today-logo.jpg
The Nation's Newspaper
Nov, 7 2014
STARGIRL A STAR TO THOSE WHO NEED IT MOST
Whitmore Hotel a haven for displaced metahumans​

7WhitmoreHotel.jpg

Courtney Whitmore, a former member of several superhero teams recently removed her mask publicly and took up a new path in her life just over a year ago with the founding of the first of three "Whitmore Hotels" across the nation. These hotels help people displaced or homeless people - but not just any type. Stargirl focuses on helping those people with metahuman traits deal with their problems and tragedies to move forward towards productive lives.
"It just came to me all of a sudden." Says Whitmore when asked about her inspiration for the hotels. "I saw a lot of programs for homeless and displaced and I realized, none of these places are equipped to deal with people who have gifts. These people are often frightened, confused or worse - and no one was providing help for them."
Whitmore's first hotel, pictured to the left, was established in Los Angeles. Now there are three such facilities, with the second in New York City and a third in Dakota City. Stargirl plans to expand to other cities eventually as well such as Central City and Hub City, but no definitive timeline has been set for the expansion.
30c2b52e75c51e2fc2e6d3c496317569.jpg
Stargirl used her own money to begin the project, but donations are continually made to the Whitmore Hotel project via her social media outlets such as StartSomeGood and IndeGoGo. Stargirl also keeps up with other social media to reach out to the community such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Continued on C4 -

usa-today-logo.jpg
The Nation's Newspaper
Jan 05, 2015
Strange Anomaly Has Experts Baffled

a09926cff067682f357a847e1882feb1.jpg
Today at exactly noon GMT, timepieces all over the world stopped for a full minute. Not only that, it appears from preliminary reports, that everything and everyone stopped as well. People report a strange paralysis in which they were aware of the world around them but were unable to move. Religions and cults across the world are heralding this as the start of the end times or some apocalyptic event, and financial markets worldwide are in an uproar, with both the FTSE and the DAX halting trading for the day while the futures markets for the NYSE, NASDAQ, TSE, and SEHK are all wildly volatile.

Experts in Astronomy and Physics are baffled, so some are turning to other explanations - either some sort of divine intervention or, strangely... Magic. Special divisions of SHIELD and other international organizations focused on such things are working diligently on an explanation.

Still recruiting.