Fairy Tail AU: Open Haven IC

Quill Neviris

Fairy Tail Guild hall, Magnolia

Hearing Chuck's response to his comment, Quill figured the man was right, and he also let a small laugh at the man's concern. Watching the older man stand up, he kept on eating for another moment. He was a bit surprised when he was Chuck stopping briefly before finally approaching the man.

By the time he finished his meal, Quill stood up and watched as most of the people were by the Bar, some eating, some receiving a guild mark. It still seemed a bit weird to him, to just do so without the guild master needing to talk to them first. Getting up from his seat, he turned to look towards Chuck and the guild master, who both still stood near the entrance.

Walking to the two of them, Quill decided to let out a small cough to catch the Guild Master's attention "I hope I am not interrupting anything, sir, but I'm Quill Neviris. I came to join your guild, but I wished to discuss some matters with your first, same as the gentleman standing besides us." He said, clearly indicating he was meaning Chuck "I heard you said you will approach all of us, but I still wished to introduce myself, seeing how many others did so as well." Quill explained. While he managed to keep a calm demeanor on the surface, he couldn't help but fear that he would just be blown away by the magic force the man gave off him. It certainly explained why Chuck stopped for a moment.

[fieldbox="Ivo Evictus, #1589FF"]
And another young man, who was eating before, stood up from the table. Before the man approached him, however, Ivo realized Chuck had extended his hand. He quickly grabbed it, shaking it with decent strength "Apologies for letting you hang, Mister Lionheart. I guess I am a bit distracted with some things, considering I didn't expect so many new recruits at once." He apologized to the man once more and let go of his hand.

When the young man finally arrived, Ivo listened quietly and nodded "It is nice to meet you, Mister Neviris. Mister Lionheart here also wished to discuss some matters with me, and he did say several people wanted to talk to me before joining. Considering the two of you already approached me," He said, briefly glancing to the blonde young woman "I think it might be good if I spared a bit of time for the both of you." He said, with a bit of indication towards the young woman that he understood it might be overwhelming to her and how he still wanted to make sure to not push her into things.

Motioning to the two to take a couple of steps aside, so they wouldn't be by entrance anymore, Ivo would look at them both "Alright then. First of all, allow me to properly introduce myself. I'm Ivo Evictus, Fairy Tail's Guild Founding Master. Now, what questions do you have? If it is a matter of doing the proper interview that the other guilds do, then I am willing to do so." He said, speaking with a smile the entire time. Even though he made the guild have an Open Door Policy, he did appreciate people who wanted to do things the old way.
[/fieldbox]
@RoleplayE
@aprilrose

[fieldbox="Eve Galeheart, yellowgreen"]
Hearing Viera's brief explanation, Eve glanced towards Ivo, who appeared to be looking around briefly. She knew they had an open door policy, but the council would ask for his head if something happened to a blind woman under his watch. Was he really going to just let her join? Figuring it was his guild, and thus his choice, Eve kept on listening to the ongoing conversation.

Ken's interactions towards the others made her wonder if he was hiding something. The way he kept trying to reject everyone only made her more suspicious, but she decided to keep it to herself. She did agree with Pompey, Ken did need to decide on what kind of act he wanted to have, because saying he is a loner and wants to be left alone, and afterwards reacting on things made it ever more confusing. Hearing Pompey's words to Viera made her smile.

Dj, who was the last one to approach the bar, talked to the people all around, including her. He made it rather clear that he wanted to make Ken into his new friend, join the guild and also take an overall interest in everyone. Being a member from Lamia Scale made her wonder why would he leave such a guild. It was a rather well known guild, and one noted for having quality wizards. When he mentioned he wanted to know how to join the guild, Eve offered him a smile "Our guild has an open door policy, meaning you just need to tell me your name, your preferred mark colour and where you would like for it to be! Then you are officially in the guild! Although the Rank B transfer will need to be verified first in front of the Council, though that shouldn't take more than a day. Communication Lacrimas are useful that way." She said with a smile.

When DJ mentioned gold would look good on Viera, Eve couldn't help but feel he was right. If you didn't know what colour to go for, the colour of your eyes can be a good option. And even if Viera didn't see it, her eyes certainly had a nice colour to them. Turning the stamp to match the colour, Eve would move to a spot where she could stamp Viera from "I'm stamping you, don't be alarmed" She gave Viera a heads up before performing the action. She afterwards quickly went back to behind the bar and wrote down Viera's name on the list of people that have joined the guild so far.

Putting another steak to cook, Eve grabbed the money Ken put on the bar and put it inside a register that was hidden under the bar "Thanks. Any and all money goes to supporting the guild." She told him with a smile. Hearing Dj's question towards Pompey, she couldn't help but feel curious about the title as well. Pompey hadn't mentioned if she was in a previous guild, and she knew titles given to people outside of guilds were possible, though not very common.
[/fieldbox]
@SolemnOath
@Kurogane86
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty

Ken Tanaka
Celestial & Sandstorm mage
Fairy Tail Mage

84ad5129f77ddd2b3132231ec48badeb.jpg

Ken's eyes remained on his meal as he listened to the dark skin woman speak once more. An action that caused him to roll his eyes a snicker leaving him at the same time, making it evident he found what she was saying more amusing than anything. "Thank you miss...whats your name for putting me in a category. But see, turns out despite the fact I do enjoy being alone, I can form my own thoughts and opinions about something I hear, especially if that something annoys me in some shape or form~" Turning his gaze over to her, his eyes having more of a mischievous look rather than anything he continued. "That, and I do love the sound of my own voice, not my fault other people were in my presence when I choose to speak to myself~" He mused a light hum leaving him as he turned his attention to his food. As he went to eating, he listened as both the boy and girl started to speak to him.

When Dj commented about him caring about others Ken could only scoff as he ate his rice. "Stow it, I was just saying my opinion on the matter, it wasn't to protect or defend anyone." As he ate his eyes turned to the blind girl and he silently listened to her speak. For the most part he just didn't care, and eventually brought his attention back to his meal, with full intent on just ignoring her. Then she began to clarify how great her senses truly were. He certainly couldn't deny that the attention to detail she had for her to notice such a subtle shift around him when he was messing with his magic. But...did...did she have to mention he had a pleasant scent?

Blinking a few times at the compliment he didn't have anything to say right off the bat. "...…….Hush....its just some shampoo...someone forced me to use......but ya...I get it, you got some damn good sense" He muttered, a dusty rose color had been added to his cheeks as he took a large bite of his meal. As he ate, his free hand went to his hair and softly rubbed a few strands of it (the gloves on his hand having changed from fingerless ones, to one that covered only his middle two fingers). Rather than say anything else, he instead just started to eat his food, paying only a fraction of attention to things going on around him. When Eve took his money he simply nodded. "Figured as much, this place doesn't seem to be the richest guild, but meh, looks like it suits my needs all in all. At least, I hope."
@Cush Almighty @Kurogane86 @PurpleSnowDrop @Nim

pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glasion
Fairy Tail - Guild Hall
Pompey smiled when Viera said she wanted to learn from her. Hearing she has laughed away from guilds wasn't surprising. "Such idiots, the should at least give you a chance to prove yourself first." Pompey didn't notice the nervous laugh Viera gave her when she learned of her title. "That's great, I would love to show you some things. One day you'll earn a terrifying title that would leave evil quaking in their boots." She gave a hearty laugh of her own and return to eating her eggs. When she was asked about her eggs she was finishing the last one. "Amazing. Perfect. Spectacular." She responded. "These things are the best. I wonder what else can she make? I can't wait for dinner!"

Dj than turned to her and asked about her rank, which caused her to pause and give DJ a perplexed look. She wasn't sure what to say about that. Her previous guild had her rank at B, but being apart of a new guild she saw it differently. She would just tell him that she's a D and let it rest until she was given an assigned a ranking officially. "I am a D...for now." She gave a smirk and look that suggested more. "But don't be foolish enough to take me lightly." Pompey had started anew, and she would like to keep it that way.

Pompey then heard Ken's snicker and looked back at him. Listening to his reply, Pompey started to finish the last bite of her steak. She focused on the food than his reply, but she heard it all. The bastard admitted to loving the sound of his own voice. She gritted her teeth slightly and continued to chew her steak. She knew this guy was arrogant but was he too a sarcastic asshole? Hearing his reply to Dj gave her an opportunity to pounce on. "You play cold-hearted, but when you when you see something you dislike, you'll speak. I bet if some wizard brought harm to Viera, you'll be very upset with them. It's cute." She couldn't hide her playful smirk, maybe that would get her a decent reaction. A show of some human emotion.

@Kurogane86 @PurpleSnowDrop @SolemnOath @Nim @RoleplayE @aprilrose

xx8ckfg-png.162549

Daniel James "DJ" Greenwood
Currently in the Fairytail bar
interacting @PurpleSnowDrop @Cush Almighty@SolemnOath
@Nim

DJ listened to Dave's explanation of how the guild worked then he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Wow open door policy? At my old guild the guild master put you through a rigorous testing course he built himself." DJ's smile faded when he remembered it took him 17 tries to finally pass that course. He shuddered from the memory then looked at Eve. "Ok, I'll choose the color black please and as for location, is like it on my right forearm please." He looked at his bare arm and remembered his old guild emblem stamped there, but he needed to move on.

Ken started trying to defend himself as a bad boy but he wasn't fooling DJ. He smiled and listened to him argue with Pompei, "you two seem to get along just fine." He said chuckling to himself as he heard Vierra's explanation about how everyone smells. DJ pulled at the chest of his shirt and took in a quick sniff, he did smell a small trace of sweat. He looked at Vierra and hoped she didn't think he smelled to bad.

Pompei responded to his question about her rank with a pause then an answer. "D?" He looked confused. "I would think you'd be at least a B rank with all the wild stories I heard about you. I mean your title is the witch of cinders, that's some high class title, much better than mine." He looked at the others then cleared his throat, "I'm DJ, the support mage." He said lacklusterly. "I earned it by enhancing the magic of any mage I pair up with, be they caster, summoner or whatever."

Seychelles-hetalia-seychelles-32843520-500-522.jpg

Viera Delmonte
Fairy Tail Guild Hall

When the Grumpy one didn't have any sarcastic come back towards her remark, Viera let out a little giggle and smiled at the nice smelling man. It was nice to know that her teasing didn't really offend him all that much and that Mr.Made-of-Stone can get flustered too. It was at moments like these where Viera wished she could see.

Hearing his mumble about how it was shampoo and someone's say in the matter made her smile. "Well, whoever that person is, they have my eternal gratitude. If you meet that person anytime soon, could you make sure to give them my thanks?" A gentle rustling of fabric came from the direction of the other wizard. She could only assume that he was smelling himself and confirming the fact that he too smelled of sweat.

Viera turned towards the other wizard, DJ, as he made a remark about gold being her new guild mark colour. It was strange to hear that her eyes were gold, she always believed that they were brown, that's how anyone has ever described them to her. She heard Eve moving around the bar towards her, so she figured that she agreed with the colour as well. Eve's warning before touching her was greatly appreciated as she stamped the emblem on her side.

She was now officially part of Fairy Tail, and nobody could say otherwise. Viera felt a jolt of guilt go through her once Eve removed the stamp, this was the final break with Slyph Labyrinth. There was no going back from this moment, from now on she was her own person, she was a Fairy Tail wizard.

Pompey was certainly enthusiastic, Viera would give her that. "As much fun as having a terrifying moniker would be, I don't think it will suit me all that well, but you never know." Viera tilted her head slightly to the side and smiled at the woman beside her. The confirmation of how good the food was made her stomach growl in approval. Maybe later on Eve could show her around the kitchen. While she may be an alright cook, she was pretty damn good at baking if she said so herself.

While Pompey and DJ were talking, a terrible thought came to Viera's mind. Where the hell am I going to live now? She couldn't stay in the guild forever, she would need to find a place of her own. She would probably need to take someone with her when she went looking to make sure she wasn't being taken advantage of and to read the contract to her. With the exception of Grumps over there, any of her new guildmates could help her out if she asked, but she didn't want to inconvenience them. Maybe if she spoke to Eve about her living situation, they could come up with something. But that was a problem for future Viera, right now she just needed some food and would go on from there.

As DJ explained his magic, Viera couldn't help but be intrigued by his magic. She didn't even know that there was magic like his, she couldn't wait to discover this whole new world. Maybe she could ask him to help with her training, to improve her control over her water magic, and stop the large drain on her energy when she uses her healing magic.

"That's really cool, I don't think I've ever heard of magic that does something like that." Viera flashed him a huge grin, "I'm just an average water mage, but yours would be helpful in any kind of situation." Viera decided to not tell the others of her healing magic yet, while it may be useful, she couldn't use it consistently. Until she got a decent hold over it, she would just rely on her water magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eve nodded with a light smile as she put a pair more of steaks, one for DJ and one for Viera. Listening to DJ's surprise about the open door policy and then his choice of a colour and the location, she grabbed a hold of the marker and adjusted the colour. It was rather evident on his expression that his old guild mark was probably there, but after a bit she gently grabbed his hand "Welcome to Fairy Tail, DJ." She told him with a smile as she stamped the black mark onto his right forearm.

As she listened to the ongoing conversations, Eve couldn't help but be somewhat amused. It certainly seemed like all of the new members could make quite the interesting group when put together. It also made her curious to see how they will choose to take jobs. While big groups were always appreciated, she knew some people didn't always go with everyone they liked due to needing more Jewels for themselves or such. Expenses were always an issue.

When the steaks were prepared, she chopped up the steamed potatoes and put a plate with the prepared meal in front of DJ, before quickly turning to where Viera was "Take a seat Viera, I have a meal for you right here." She said as she placed down the meal on the bar, on the other side of Pompey.

Having noticed before DJ mention the ranks, and Pompey too, Eve decided to explain "Well, even if both of you have titles, the rank upon joining is D, until we get a confirmation from either the Council or the previous guild you were at. That never takes more than a day though, and I was actually about to go do it now, considering I also need to inform the council of all the new members we have now." She explained to DJ with a smile before grabbing a hold of a communications Lacrima, the list with all the names, and also a few extra papers.

"I'll return in a few minutes! Enjoy your meals in the meanwhile!" Eve told them all before leaving her place behind the bar again. Quickly walking to the job board, she hung up most of the papers she held in her hands and then went to take a seat at a more distant table, so she wouldn't have much noise in the background as she performed all the needed confirmations and updating.
[/fieldbox]
@SolemnOath
@Kurogane86
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty

Reactions: Kurogane86
Ken Tanaka
Fairy Tail Mage

Ken simply continued to eat as he half listened to what was being said around him. "Since you so desperately want to have the last word with me, go ahead. There is no point in me telling you your assumptions about me are wrong, if you are just going to continue to do such pointless assumptions." He hummed as he ate the last of his trout. At DJ's comment, Ken just rolled his eyes as he stood up. His eyes moved from the empty plate to the guild master, he figured he should tell the other about his...situation. Seeing as when it comes to finding his pervious guild, there may be questions raised. However, it certainly wasn't something that should be talked about in public. Rubbing the back of his head he moved away from the bar without another word.

Unsure as to what he should do as he waited for the guildmaster to finish with the other people he was talking to, he soon found his eyes land on the job board. After a moment of silence he found himself drifting over to the board to check it out. With his hands in his pocket's his eyes scanned the board for anything of interest. 'Been ages since I had to take such cheap, low ranking jobs.' Rubbing the back of his head, he couldn't help but groan out at the missions. 'I need money for bills, a house and an apartment, medical, food.... I got plenty right now. But if my pay is going to be constantly this low...and assuming I get someone to go with me as well. That means even less. Factor in that the pay varies all the time...…' "Damn....starting over is going to suck."

Out of all the jobs there, he saw at least three that caught his eye. With the one that had the biggest reward being the main one of his attention. None the less, despite needing to take a job, he didn't want to do one on his first day here. Hell, he still needed to get to his new place to settle down in. Taking one more glance over the job board he moved away from there and merely found an empty table to sit down at. While there was nothing much for him to do, he figured he could simply wait for the guild master to be free before leaving the guild hall. As he waited he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small book, as well as a pencil (his gloves having changed once more). Opening the book the placed it on the table and with that started to silently draw as he patiently waited.
@Nim @Kurogane86 @PurpleSnowDrop @Cush Almighty

Fairy Tale Hall

Chuck sat down at the table next to himself and the master. "Thank you for taking a little time to talk. I understand that you have a lot of new people here today so I will be quick." Chuck keep his eyes locked with the masters. The man has only really smiled since Chuck approached him but, that didn't mean Chuck could feel the pressure of the masters magic coming off of him.

"Basically, your open door policy does bring some, concerns, to mind. If you just let anyone come in and join, what is to stop rival guilds from sending in spies? What is to stop someone with the intent to kill to join up and begin to hurt everyone here?" Chuck hated thinking like this but it was questions that needed to be asked. He has never heard of a guild being an "open door policy". You usually had to have a proper interview or show off your magical power.

"I can agree with you that you should always help out others when you can, especially, if you have the power to do so but, this policy you have does seem a bit far out there. I can't judge it too strongly though as I do not have the mindset of a guild master as you do, sir."

Chuck needed to make up his mind fast on if he would join this guild or not. He hadn't worked any jobs lately which meant he hasn't sent any money to his family back at his village. He needed to get moving on some jobs.

@Nim

Quill Neviris

Fairy Tail Guild hall, Magnolia

Moving to sit down at the table besides the Master and Chuck, Quill watched as the master introduced himself and then allowed them both to ask any questions they had. It took little time for Chuck to begin raising his concerns, which were very legitimate ones in Quill's eyes. Spying on other guilds was certainly a thing, and letting people who dared hurt, or even threaten his guildmates, also join, was certainly a worry.

When Chuck finished raising his concerns, Quill was quick to begin talking "I'm sharing Chuck's concerns, and I have to say they only became more solidified upon seeing the way a member of your guild threatened Eve. I think his name started with Al, but that just seems wrong in my eyes." He stated quickly, glancing briefly towards Chuck.

"Another concern I had about the open door policy is how this could easily make the guild into a target. If innocents can take shelter here at any time, and the open policy is known to all, then doesn't that mean anyone else could potentially target the guild as an easy place for casualties?" He further asked, and then waited to see how Master Evictus would respond to them.

Listening to the two as he sat across from them, Ivo nodded lightly as the concerns were brought up. Each and every one of the concerns certainly had a strong basis behind it, and each one was one he also heard of before. It indeed caused a few people before to turn away, but then again, no one was forced to join.

Once Quill finished speaking and expressing his concerns, Ivo would look at the two. The smile that was on his face would go, making way to a more calm expression "All of those are very good points. Allow me to tackle them in the order they were presented forward, beginning with Mister Lionheart's." He said, looking at the man who looked impressive in his size.

"The open door policy means everyone can join. Other guilds can send as many spies as they want, but they will not discover anything that won't already be publicly known. The guild holds no secrets, and I intend on keeping it that way. As for people who could potentially want to hurt everyone, I already had such a case. That is why I have added a safety guard." Ivo said, and pointed at his guild symbol that was visible on his lower right arm "The mark has some runes written into it that prevent people from trying to harm other members who have the same mark. It is always concealed, and had allowed us to remove a former member who tried harming others. As long as there is no real intent, the mark is harmless. As soon as the intent to harm other members comes up, the person trying to harm will pass out. Doesn't matter if its from purely their will or due to another reason." He explained as stopped pointing at the mark.

"This may sound a bit much, but it is something I learned from my own time in a previous guild. As for what you have seen, mister Neviris," Ivo turned to look at the younger man of the two "If the mark hadn't acted up, then it means there was no real intent. But that does not mean Alberto will not face punishment for such actions. Hostility between guild members, between family members, is never taken lightly by me. I can tell you that Alberto talks a big talk, but he does care. Just a big mask to conceal his lack of confidence." He added about that matter.

When he arrived at the second point of Quill, about the risk, he slightly narrowed his eyebrows "Every wizard guild that is formed becomes a place of risk as soon as it is formed. Even if people won't usually try to attack the guild halls, that doesn't mean there aren't fools who still dare to do so. The day I see the guild hall become a hazard for civilians, that will be the day I will set up a new building, separate from this, where taking care of the civilians will take place. Until then, I want to make sure the civilians feel they can be safe alongside the wizards of my guild." Ivo told him with a hint of stern tone in his voice, as though he was hurt by that remark.

Moving his sight between the two of them, Ivo briefly pondered on something "I have been a guild master for only two years, but I can assure you both, I have no intention of letting the guild fall in any sort of manner. Be it through its members, outside threats, politics or nature. As long as I am still here, I will keep it going." He finished speaking and decided to wait and see if either men had any further questions to him.
[/fieldbox]
@RoleplayE

Ken Tanaka
Fairy Tail Mage

While Ken sat at the table trying to think on ways to explain his situation to the current guild master, his thoughts came a halt when he couldn't help but over hear the conversation the man was having with the others. Now letting his focus go to that, he said nothing as he purely listened to everything the guild master had to say. He couldn't help but slightly flinch when he heard that the guild had no secrets and the man intended to keep it as such. A sentence that made Ken bite the inside of his cheek a bit. For that was worrying to say the least. Does that mean, he would be turned in if he revealed the truth? Yes, he was a minor when he was in the dark guild, but still....even if he was younger, and changed his ways...his heard some of the things that happened to dark wizards that were taken in by the council. Their freedom stripped, only for them to be tossed in a cell without any means of see the outside world, all alone.....unable to be there for others if needed. Closing his eyes Ken had to take a small yet deep breath, before shaking his head softly. 'Not yet then, or maybe ever.....Its just too risky.'

To get his mind off his worry, he let his attention fall back to the group as the master now explained how the marks worked. An idea he found interesting, after all that seemed to be one good way to stop any member from hurting one, at least intentionally. After listening for a few more moments he soon stood up, no longer seeing a reason to speak with the guild master. For he had chosen not to reveal who he truly was for fear of being turned in, that...and he didn't want the knowledge of him being a pervious dark mage, affect anyone's perception of him. Sure, he could be a bit of an ass, but he preferred to be seen as an ass than as someone that would kill gods knows how many to get what he wanted.

Moving away from the chair he made his way to the mission board once more and looked over the missions. Since he knew his guild wasn't in the records, there would be no way he would be higher than a D. Which meant that him taking a B mission was possible. However...would it be for the best? Sure, he could handle it, but he knows the looks D ranks get when taking missions above their ranking.... After a moment of silence he let out a sigh before turning his attention to the bar, and well anyone that bothered to listen. "Hey! I want to take a mission, not to go today, but within the week. Anyone want to come along!? I haven't picked one out yet, but still putting the offer out there!" He called out to the group, not shouting at the top of his lungs, but making sure his words carried over the conversation any of them may be having.
@Nim @RoleplayE @Kurogane86 @Cush Almighty @PurpleSnowDrop

xx8ckfg-png.162549

interacting @PurpleSnowDrop @Cush Almighty @SolemnOath @Nim

And just like that his connection to his old guild was severed forever. He watched as Eve marked him a member of Fairy tail and his usual cheery demeanor disappeared for a moment as he remembered his family at his old guild. Just as suddenly as it disappeared, his smile appeared. "Well, looks like I'm officially a member of Fairy tail. I look forward to working with all of you." He said as he raised his arm showing off his new guild crest.

Eve served him and Vierra a meal most likely to congratulate them for joining the guild. "Thank you very much Eve." He said as she grabbed her communication lacrima to make a report. "Lets dig in Vierra" he said as he cut into his meal and took a bite. "Delicious!" He said as he enjoyed his meal. As he ate he spotted Ken looking at the job board. "I'd be happy to partner up with you Ken." He said to the grumpy wizard, he finished his meal and walked over to the job board.

"What kind of job were you looking at?" He said as he started reading. "Most of these are fairly simple, but this one requires a B rank wizard. This one also has the highest reward. What do you say to a team up? Maybe the four of us should tackle this one?" He looked over at the bar and called out. "Vierra, Pompei, what do you guys think of doing a job with Ken and I?"

Viera Delmonte
Fairy Tail Guild Hall

Viera lost herself listening to the noises around the guild hall and if she didn't know any better she would think she was back in Slyph Labyrinth. She could almost imagine Remmy running through the doors to tell her about his day, or the laughter from the men as they told lewd joke when they thought she couldn't hear them. The smell of food coming from the kitchen, the gentle hum of conversations, it was all the same, yet different.

The scrape of a chair broke her out of her trance, and Viera blinked a few times to reorientate herself. The smell of lavender was drifting away, letting her know that Grumpy one had left the bar. It was almost a shame, but the smell of food being placed before her was a welcome distraction.

Thanking Eve, Viera placed her bag on the ground and scooted her chair closer to the bar table. Viera gentle raised her hand and tapped the wooden counter to figure out where her utensils may be. Picking them up, Viera took a moment before gently moving her fork to the middle of the plate. While the steak smell was coming more from the outer rim of the plate, she could also smell the potatoes and hoped that she got one as her fork pressed into the food. She lifted it slightly and smiled when the weight of the food didn't fall off the fork, so she knew she had gotten that potato.

Smiling slightly she raised her hand and ate the tiny morsal and almost died from the flavour. It was absolutely delicious, perfectly flavoured and cooked to perfection, not too soft, yet not too hard. Viera quickly dug into her meal, taking small portions of everything as she went.

She heard the grumpy one call out to the others asking for anyone who wouldn't mind partnering with him on a job. Viera smiled gently and moved her hands around the counter looking for a napkin to wipe her face and hands. Not finding one readily made her sigh, but she accepted the fact she would have to ask someone for help.

DJ moved away from the bar towards where Grump's voice came from, so she could only assume that he was going to go on the job with him. Although he was cold to everyone, Viera kind of wanted to go on a job with someone and since he offered it seemed like a good idea. But depending on the difficulty of the job, and what was entailed, she hoped that she wouldn't be a burden. If they chose a job with reading... well, she would be out of luck.

DJ asking both her and Pompey to join them on chosing a job made her smile. To think people would actually want her to join them on jobs, it made her feel all warm on the inside. Viera decided to join the men over where they were, even if she didn't go with them, they would still read most of the jobs out loud and she could find one that suited her just fine.

"Well, seems like we are being summoned, want to go join those two?" Viera said turning to Pompey. Stretching her arms above her head, Viera gently pushed out her chair, picked up her bag and staff, then walked over to the men. "So, what did you guys have in mind?"

@Nim @RoleplayE @Kurogane86 @Cush Almighty @SolemnOath

Reactions: SolemnOath
pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glashion
Fairy Tail - Guild Hall

It seemed grumpy was going to take on a job and he surprisingly asked for help. Why? That was out of character, but she welcomes the change in attitude. DJ took up his offer quickly, a supporter like him would be useful if the job involves a lot of fighting. Dj than asked Viera and Pompey with they would like to join them. Viera seemed she wanted to join them which prompted Pompey to join as well. "I guess we should at least work together, at least once. I'll join you guys, as long as the reward is big."

Pompey got out of her seat after Viera and followed her over to DJ and Ken. "As Viera said, what's the job? If it will be the four of us, well need a big reward." She was looking at Ken when she spoke since he knew the job they would be taking up. "We should take the job soon as possible, not today, of course, but tomorrow sound ideal to me. We wouldn't another guild member taking the job." Getting money as quick as possible was the best idea. She needed a place to call her own.

Ken Tanaka
Fairy Tail Mage

A mild look of annoyance went across Ken's face when DJ not only was the first to offer, but also offer the job to the others at the bar. "I said someone, not half the guild." He grumbled under his breath, making sure to stress out his word to make it clear he wasn't fully intending to see an entire group form in mere moments of the question being given. When the two girls declared interest and asked what job they would be doing, a hefty sight left the black hair mage lips. "For the love of..." Turning his back to them he looked at the board again, his eyes gazing over all the quests that were available. There was one he had his heart set on already, and with a group this large? It seemed like it was their best choice. Reaching up he took off the quest which had the largest reward, but also seemed to have the most danger.

His dark eyes read over the words once more, taking in every word. When it came to water, he was always hesitant with quests like these, for a variety of reasons. Still....it was a B rank quest.... His eyes moved to the group for a moment. Not to mention there were others with him. So should something unpredictable happen they could....well...help him. With his eyes returning to the sheet, he closed his eyes and took a small breath as he had to come to terms with the fact it seemed he was going to work with a group of people this time around. Something of which he hadn't done in.....well, now that he thought about it, he couldn't recall the last time he worked with a group or even thought of asking for any assistance. 'I'm only doing this to make sure whenever gave us this job thinks we are capable, since I no longer have my S class ranking.....this is going to be a pain.' "If we want all four of us to do one damn job, this will be the only one where we will turn a good profit. Hell, even if we split it evenly between us, it still pays better than some of the other jobs." He stated, his eyes moving to Veira. Knowing full well she couldn't read it she looked back at the job and with that shrugged.

"Basically, it seems to be the defeat the monster kind of quest. A harbor town wants our help, some creature in the waters is frightening the sea goers, to an extent that some trade has come to a halt. The town of Hargeon, wants our help. Though it hasn't attacked anyone yet, its causing worry none the less. Rank B job, with a 350,000 reward." H
e stated casually, letting the other girl understand what this job required from them so she could have her input. After doing this he turned the page around and held it out for the last two to see. "This will be the job I want to take, gives out the best reward, and as long as you guys dont mess it up, it could put in a good word about our skills. Assuming of course, things turn out decent and we dont end up losing the reward."
@Nim
@Kurogane86
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kurogane86
pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glashion
Fairy Tail - Guild hall

Pompey heard grumpy mumble something under his breath, something that she would ignore because commenting was a waste of time. He didn't seem too interested in working with such a large group, she could understand that. Still, with a large enough reward, the four could walk away happy. Pompey watched as the grump went for a job, and grabbed the one that had the highest reward. Taking Viera into consideration, grumpy read aloud their job and told them their reward. He then showed her and Dj the job. She then gently took the paper out his hand without asking and read it for herself.

As he said, they would be going to Hargeon to deal with a sea monster...fun. Pompey wasn't worried, but fire and water obviously didn't mix. She would be at a disadvantage on the water, but the job was still doable. "350,000. 4 ways that should be..." She paused and did some math in her head. "87,500 each. I can work with that." Pompey returned to paper to grumpy and looked Viera and DJ. "This should be a real learning experience for us. If things go well, I'll happily pair up with you three again."

Pompey than looked towards grumpy. "I promise you we won't screw this up. All I ask is that you don't make any mistakes yourself. I sincerely hope we can get more acquainted with this mission. We've gotten off on a bad start, yet I sure I can win you over eventually." She handed him the job paper and continued speaking. "Maybe after proving our worth, you change your bitter attitude." She gave him a smile before turning around and walking back to the bar. "DJ! Would you like to share a drink with me, nothing much to do as of now but get buzzed." She wanted to get drunk, buzzed was just her word for it.
@Nim
@PurpleSnowDrop
@SolemnOath
@Kurogane86
@RoleplayE
@aprilrose

xx8ckfg-png.162549

interacting @PurpleSnowDrop @Cush Almighty @SolemnOath @Nim

DJ watched the girls approach the job board. He was about to explain the details of the job for Vierra but Ken beat him to it. He was about to compliment him but decided not to, it was enough for him to know Ken was a good guy. He looked at the more specifics of the job and wondered how each person would perform on this mission. He took a minute to think about how each person's magic would work.

Ken - uses sand magic. Depending on his magic levels he may be able to control the sand on the ocean floor but generally water breaks down sand. Ken may have a rough time.

Vierra - uses water magic. Her biggest issue is control. He overheard her talk to the master about her lack of control. That being said she would be the biggest asset.

Pompei - fire magic user. If the tales are true shes able to burn a monster to a crisp in seconds. The water may be an issue but if she can get hot enough she can turn the monsters strength into a weakness.

As for himself. Strengthening and attributes up magic. He can support everyone of his teammates by strengthening their bodies or magical creations. He can also increase their speed, senses, agility and physical strength to a degree.

All in all DJ was confident his team would do well. "I agree with Ken big reward, a chance to show our stuff to the world and we'd be helping a lot of people I'm in. I'll do my best not to screw up Ken." With that they all seemed to be in agreement. Pompei called DJ over to get buzzed since they were waiting to start their mission anyway. "Sounds good Pompei. As a matter of fact first round is on me. Let's celebrate our partnership." He walked over to the bar and set some money on the bar for a few drinks when Eve got back.

Viera Delmonte

Fairy Tail Guild Hall
Viera listened as Grumpy explained the job, silently thanking him for reading the job out loud. While she appreciated the gesture, she couldn't help but feel guilty for having to rely on someone for something seemingly mundane. She also realized that she probably wouldn't be allowed to take any jobs on her own, based solely on the fact that she couldn't read any of the job requests. It was at times like these where she hated being blind.

The job at hand was a water-based one, so she should be in her element, however, she couldn't help but feel like she would be in over her head on this one. Viera didn't want to disappoint her new guildmates or dishonour her guild because she couldn't handle the job Maybe she shouldn't go on this one. Starting small and working up her courage and confidence might be more beneficial to her then jumping straight into the deep end.

But as she listened to the others plan and get ready, she knew she couldn't back down. Out of all of them, she had the advantage, magically speaking of course. Fire can only do so much against water, and sand isn't that much better, DJ's may come in handy and help the others, but it would still be a difficult battle if they got into one that is. She decided that she couldn't let them down, plus the money earned would do wonders for affording her own apartment.

"Ok, I guess I'm in." She took a deep breath to calm her racing nerves. This was her first job and she refused to screw this up. Before she could say anything, both Pompey and DJ left her with grumpy to go drink at the bar. While she couldn't fault them for wanting to relax, she couldn't help but feel frustrated by the fact that they weren't thinking about the logistics of the job. How were they going to get there, what was the budget, what would be the plan once they got to the town. These were basic things that anyone should be worried about.

While they wouldn't be going on the job for a few days yet, it didn't hurt to be slightly prepared. Rolling her eyes at the pair, she turned towards the Lavender scent. Viera knew that he was not the biggest fan of the group so far, and was pretty anti-social, maybe he wouldn't mind helping her get things ready."I don't know about you, but I think I'm gonna go look into our transportation options before leaving. While taking the train may be the fastest option, it's also very expensive in the long run. We are all pretty new to town, and I can't imagine housing here being cheap, so we should save where we can. I know you have the whole Lone wolf thing going on, but your welcome to join me if you like."

She made sure to flash him a smile before continuing. "I'm also going to explore town afterwards, get a lay of the surrounds you know, maybe look into some apartments nearby." She let out a little giggle. "Hehehe, look at apartments" she muttered under her breath. After a few moments, she focused back on Grumpy. "I honestly don't know why I'm telling you this, I don't even know your name, which is strange because we are going on a job together. I'm probably annoying you, so I'll leave you alone now." Viera awkwardly turned towards the bar hoping to speak to Eve about her apartment search as well as to stop making an utter fool of herself in front of the good smelling guy.

She only got a few steps away when she got annoyed with herself and paused before straightening her spine, Why should she feel embarrassed for wanting a basic human connection with others. Turning her head slightly in the man's direction she addressed him. "The offer still stands you know, if you want to. It'd be kind of nice to have company for once, plus you get to avoid the others for a while. You've seen them sober, imagine them drunk off their asses. I at least will know how to keep my hands to myself." A gave him a soft smile before walking back to the bar, going just a little bit further down than the other two.

@Nim @SolemnOath @Kurogane86 @RoleplayE @Cush Almighty

• Love
Reactions: SolemnOath
As both men who sat in front of him decided to ask for a bit more time to think over this, Ivo nodded, understanding. Considering how both asked to talk to him first, he didn't expect them to make an immediate decision. The fact both Chuck and Quill had asked to think about this a bit further only made him think of the two more highly. Jumping head first into some things wouldn't be the best thing, after all.

Standing up, Ivo looked towards the fresh recruits of the guild "I will let you think this over then. You can feel free to stay in the guild hall for as long as you feel needed." He told both Chuck and Quill before stepping away. Seeing as they were all discussing taking a job together and then begun heading back to the bar, He couldn't help but feel a smile come to his face. People bonding in some manner, on their first day in a guild, was a splendid sight in his opinion.

Approaching the job board, where Vierra and Ken stood, Ivo listened quietly to what Vierra said while briefly watching Eve, who had apparently finished talking to the Council, make her way back to the bar. She tossed him a piece of paper that was folded into an origami bird, which flew to him, exposing her magic at the same time. Catching the origami bird and unfolding it, Ivo nodded lightly and coughed, to ensure Viera knows he is there and about to talk to the both of them.

"Eve just finished her call to the Council. Both of you are now on all accounts members of Fairy Tail, and as neither had been members of a Wizard guild before, both of you will be D ranked. With that being said," He continued speaking as he put the piece of paper in his pocket "As members of the guild, you are eligible for a discounted residence in the Guild Dorms. They are separated by gender, and normally cost 50,000 Jewels, but with the discount it will only cost 35,000 Jewels. Not to mention, new members can get the first couple of weeks free, to offer a place to stay if you still desire to look for a place outside of the guild." He explained to the two of them in a polite fashion. He hoped what he said would help Viera with

Offering a smile to Ken, he would approach the man and pat his back "You never gave me a chance to thank you for the help in the train station earlier. You certainly seem to have quite the expertise with Sand Magic." Ivo told him briefly before speaking to both of them again "If either of you have any questions or concerns you'd like to share, then I'm here to help." His tone would be a polite and welcoming one, with hints that slipped how overjoyed he was about so many people joining the guild already.
[/fieldbox]
@SolemnOath @Kurogane86 @RoleplayE @Cush Almighty @PurpleSnowDrop

As Eve finally finished talking to the Council member, who she could swore only typed things down faster and faster each time she talked to him, she quickly wrote down a note to Ivo before beginning to fold it. The note would let him know of each person's name, rank, and how each one looks to help him identify the different members. As she finished quickly folding it into a small origami bird, Eve would grasp it lightly before throwing it towards Ivo, who had approached Ken and Viera by the Job board.

Seeing DJ and Pompey go to the bar once more, Eve made her way quickly back there, going behind the bar and beginning to pour a pair of glasses "A drink of each person that comes here, coming up!" She called out with a smile to the both of them, still having the communications lacrima under her arm and a note in one of her hands. After putting a drink in front of both Pompey and DJ, she quickly put the Lacrima and note away before offering them both a big smile.

"So, good news. There are records of both of you being in previous guilds, so DJ, you are our currently highest ranking recruit, at B rank, which is of course the highest rank one could have upon a transfer from another guild." She told him with a smile and a clap before looking towards Pompey. The smile remained, but there was a hint of sadness when she looked at Pompey "And you Pompey, have been assigned C rank, the same as you had previously. That being said," Eve looked at the both of them "I'm sure both of you will show you are so much more in no time!" She told them, her smile growing slightly bigger as she did.
[/fieldbox]
@SolemnOath @Kurogane86 @Cush Almighty @PurpleSnowDrop