Fate Grand Order: Chaldeas Defense Force

Angela nodded at the Saint’s suggestion - reasonable enough. After the man spoke for a few moments, he began another Summoning Ritual. He tossed a coin in the air, and she got the briefest glimpse of a face on the surface. She blinked, then looked away as the bright light from the concentrated Prana grew too painful. After several moments, the light faded to reveal an elephant. Her eyes widened; she’d never actually seen one in real life. It was...large, to put it mildly.

——
——

Travertine-white and the cold gray of iron gave a placement to Hannibal Barca. After so long a time - or no time at all, depending on how you look at it - on the Throne of Heroes, it was refreshing to have physical surroundings. She gazed around at the group of people around her, before patting her elephant gently on the neck, just before where she sat. It amused her that this was part of her Legend - that she, and presumably the rest of her soldiers, rode elephants as if they were horses. It was a tad more difficult than that, but she wasn’t complaining. “Easy, Fil. Easy.”
After a moment, the elephant stopped moving, and with a thought she dematerialized him, letting herself fall to the ground. Her purple cloak also vanished, which she wasn’t quite happy with, but she’d survive. The click of her shoes against the steel below was followed with the soft brushing of fabric against the ground. Her dress was too long, but there was only so much she could do. She closed her eyes, letting her Magic Resistance fight off the traces of Prana around her. Indeed, they were from the direction of the oldest of the non-Servants in the room. Turning to him, she knelt, and looked into his eyes, a smile dancing on her lips. She was glad to finally be doing something. “Rider-Class Hannibal Barca of Carthage. I ask you, are you my Master?”

Reactions: Takumi
Diana chuckled at her servant's introduction, he was surely a character. His laugh was akin to thunder, shaking glass and reverberating off the walls of the room. He then pulled Diana towards him by her arm and asked her to finish their introduction. "Like Theodore said, I am his Master." Diana stepped forward before continuing. "My early life is of little importance, just know I am a mercenary that has been hired to save the world. If things go well, I'll walk away from this set for life." She gave them a smile before stepping back to her Servant's side.

Saber gritted his teeth at his Master's mocking of him. Who does this girl thank she is? He may be her Servant, but he couldn't help but imagine drawing his bronze sword and running its blade into her stomach. It was just a fantasy that lasted for a moment, but it was how he felt when being disrespected, especially by someone of lower birth. She called his life dull, something that he knew was a lie. "Dull? What an inane opinion Master. I put myself through the ringer every day to remember the dishonor I suffered as a slave, the embarrassment I brought upon Yue and my Father's grave. What man do you know that willingly place the bile on his tounge every waking day and sleeping on sticks every night? To call my life dull shows a lack of care or understanding of one's Servant." He turned his head away from Angela and let her go and address Ruler, he had enough of her for now.

Once Sirus and Martha finished explaining their duties, Saber couldn't help but roll his eyes when they mention building rapport between Master and Servant. "That might be difficult on my end." He said under his breath not caring in Angela heard him or not. Diana, on the other hand, was sure Archer and she would get along quite well. "Well that should be easy, I already in love with my big lug of a Servant. I think have most enduring of them." She said complimenting her Servant's personality.

Sirus walking to the summoning circle and summoning yet another servant was surprising, could he handle two servants? Saber wondered if he could handle a third, but that seemed like a lot of strain and could bring his stats down in the process. The Servant that was summoned and stepped through the light announced themselves as Hannibal Barca, a Rider class servant. Once laying eyes on her, his heart fluttered for less than a second but Sleeping on Sticks and Tasting Gall took effect. What skills did this one have?

Reactions: Takumi
The young mercenary wasn't really paying attention. He knew what the job was: kill the enemy, save the world, try not to kill irritating teammates. In all honesty, that last one is going to be the hardest of them all, especially considering some of these people. He pulled out his knives and started sharpening them as Sinus and the bitch were talking. It was a bit noisy, but he didn't care, this was all formality anyway. Which of these morons didn't realize that from the get go?

He tuned in just in time to hear him to hear the line about no price being too small and had to stifle the urge to laugh in his face. He realize that he just said that to two mercs, right? That's definitely a statement he'll regret. He chuckled.

They told the group of masters and servants to go learning about each other and explore the facility. Jason went over to Sinus and waited for him to be done with what appeared to be the summoning of another servants. He planned on discussing his rate. First an inquisitor and the saint bitch, and now that assassin? These guys will be lucky he doesn't triple his rate, or even double it, which he was considering. Yeah, that sounds good. He has a deal with Sinus and the bosses going where his payment is every so often and comes in 3 forms: Money, weapons, and artifacts. He knew they had vaults and galleries of weapons and magical artifacts so he added it to his contract from the beginning, and they agreed to it and everything. Suckers.

Upon his master's compliments, Teddy put his arm around Diana to give her a side hug. "Awww, well I am the lucky one to have ended up with such an amazing master." He grinned down at her. "So, shall we be off to discuss a strategy and discuss both of our skills?"

@Cush Almighty @Takashi @MixedUpGuy

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Even now that introductions were over with and all the servants in the room had given their true names, Lævateinn still didn't know that much about them besides what information they'd shared when introducing themselves. Nothing extra from the Throne either. He would just have to do without that knowledge then, save for what they'd already divulged of course.

The master called Sirus had also said something about how the masters and servants in the room needed to bond. Personally, Lævateinn didn't think he would have any hostility or major problems with his master so long as Jason didn't betray him like Freyr or misuse his power like Surtr. If that were to occur however, there would definitely be problems and possibly a pile of ash for the workers here to clean up. He wouldn't dwell on the possibility though, or it could weaken him.

Suddenly there was another bright light as the man called Sirus summoned another servant, for whatever reason. She sat atop a grand beast like nothing Lævateinn had ever seen before, grey and leathery with large ears and ivory tusks, not to mention a very long..nose? And then it disappeared, dematerialized before he could take in its full glory. He had hoped the Throne would have at least given him the knowledge of what this creature was, but it only gave servants the minimum required to be able to fit in in any era and apparently these beasts weren't essential information. In that case, he would definitely have to ask the new servant-Hannibal, as she introduced herself to the master of Ruler-about this creature later.

[fieldbox=" , blue, dotted"]
xiao-png.164012

"I'll have to be even more biased it seems if we are to bond." Xiao said with a friendly tone. With the final speech of the day done by the beautiful Martha and her master, she basically glossed over the fact of there being a new servant being summoned. Her mind was busy wanting to very much leave this place as it looked like there was not much else to do here, and she really didn't want to be around another outburst from the ones who acted like children. "Let's leave the kids to play if they still want to, we can go do something fun like..." She put a finger to her fair colored chin, trying to think of anything that wasn't the first thing on her mind.

She failed to do so.

"Let's go see your skills as a lancer!" The master clad in black attire stated. "I can go grab my spear and we can spar!" While Xiao was sure there wasn't a chance in any form of mythological hell for her to be able to be able to win against a servant in the weapon's they were summoned as legendary heroes for, she figured maybe she could learn something from having such a strong opponent with her. Also just the thought of fighting such a powerful opponent made her shiver with glee. "Wait... maybe they have practice ones! That will be easier! Less travel, more fighting! Bonding~ Bonding~ Nothing better than a fight for bonding, trust, and uh... rappart!" Xiao seemed very enthusiastic about the whole thing, failing to even get the last word correct, grabbing onto her servant's arm as she began to pull Nagamasa with her, risking dragging him if he wasn't going to keep up.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=" , hotpink, dashed, 10"]
cao-cao-png.164011

Cao Cao gave her master a warm smile to her master, and motioned to get her attention after the conversation with the leaders of this operation were over. "So now that you have heard that, what shall we do my Grand General?" The way caster saw it, it would be good to be able to establish a workshop inside of Nanami's room, but that could always wait until a bit later. With how the irregularities sounded, she wasn't even sure if she would be able to access it anyways. It was going to be annoying to have to set one up constantly if that was the case.

She unconsciously bit her lip over the though as her eyes went over to the new servant that was summoned. The rider rode a grand beast alright, already Cao Cao's mind was thinking of the potential possibilities of it's use for the future. The servant herself, and the rest of them for that matter were a lot more troubling to place than an animal though. She would have to learn about them more naturally during their first mission together before she could start making her best laid plans.

[/fieldbox]

"Very well, Master." Nagamasa chuckled as she playfully mentioned becoming more biased towards him. What an amusing Master she was. Shaking his head fondly, he felt as if he was watching an excited child, something that didn't bother him whatsoever. Once a father, he took her energetic attitude well, and let her lead him, keeping up with no problem. Taking note of the summoning of Rider, for a short moment anyway before his Master toom his attention when she spoke, Nagama was momentarily interested.

"Rapport. Now, Master, there is no need to get too excited." He chided softly to Xiao, though still amused, he couldn't help but momentarily reminisce to a time long ago, before his death. There wasn't much time to think about that, despite missing those days.

---

"Grand General?" Nanami questioned in a lightly playful tone, before opening her mouth to speak again and answer Cao Cao's question. She was interrupted by the summoning of Rider, and rose her eyebrows at the sight of the elephant. "Hm..." She muttered, hand on her hip while the other rest on her chin before she noticed Caster worrying her lip as she seemed to be thinking about Rider's steed. Removing her hand from her chin, her pointer finger gently booped the Servant's nose. "Hey, Cao Cao, don't let the wheels turn too fast right now okay? We can simply get know each other better, or try to learn whatever else we can from those around us before our first mission if you wish, however." She suggested, small smile on her face as she let her hand fall to her side.

@Ailucia @MixedUpGuy @Shiki @Cush Almighty @Takashi @Archpigeon @ERode @Anybody I missed

Jason turned to Berserker. "We'll head out to strategize in a few minutes. I just need to discuss a few things with Sinus, once he's done with the new servant, Hannibal. Considering the history behind him, it's not very surprising that he'd be a rider, nor that his mount would be a war elephant."

@MixedUpGuy @Takashi @Ailucia @Shiki @Cush Almighty @ERode