1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
What's the closest to death you've ever come?

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun and Greenie
When I was a kid, I went out to Boston with my parents to visit some family and we all went to the beach because I'd never seen the ocean before. No one warned me and my cousin about tide pools for some reason, so we were out there swimming and splashing around in blissful ignorance. I took a confident step thinking there was more sand under my feet and it turned out to be a really steep drop off instead. I immediately went under and sucked in a bunch of water in the process because I was panicking. Luckily I know how to swim or else it would have been over because my cousin froze up and just watched it happen.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Kitti and Spekkun
One time I crossed a busy road. I'm usually careful, but I was in a hurry and had a lot on my mind that day. Anyway, I didn't notice the car throttling at full speed in my direction until it was almost too late. I got out of the way just in the nick of time, but boy, those few seconds were horrifying. I was so close I could actually feel the car rush past me.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Driving down a steep hill during heavy rain I couldn't brake and there were several intersections below. It was just dumb luck and little else that I didn't end up smashing into a car. It was surreal to me because I was very calm and just did the best I could to avoid an accident.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Fell into a canyon doing... something. Can't remember. Probably stupid. I was fine, surprisingly, with only some nasty bruises and scrapes in weird places.

:cookie:

• Sympathy & Compassion
I once went swimming at a YMCA pool with my brother when I was around 14 or so. I had only practiced in a smaller pool so I was pretty excited to splash around in a really large one! My brother suggested that we race across the pool to see who's the fastest, but what he forgot to mention was that instead of slowly getting deeper as you went down the pool, it has a shallow area and then drops into a super deep part.

So the race began and I was in the lead (don't worry Iwaku, your boy Specugami didn't let ya down >:D ). I had crossed into the deep end and my brother called out for me to turn around, but I didn't hear everything he was saying, so I stopped to listen and that's when I started to sink. It was unexpected, so of course, my first move was to thrash around in a panic :"D haha. I just kept sinking deeper and deeper and eventually, I couldn't hold my breath anymore. I barely remember being saved by the lifeguard or anything after that. As far as I really recall, I was drowning one moment and the next I was out of the pool and being checked on by a nurse on staff while my older brother freaked out.

Surprisingly, I'm not afraid of water. I mean, I'm wary when it comes to large bodies of water but not enough to avoid them. I'm scared enough that I try to avoid water deep enough that I can't touch my toes to the bottom (good thing I'm 6'5!).

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Kitti
Climbed a very, very high mountain on a rainy day. Was with my 3rd grade class on a school trip and absolutely nobody thought it was a bad idea. The steps were 1. slippery and 2. Very high for small kids. There were no railings. The climb took an hour and half to complete and, as kids do, I got tired and my legs turned to rubber a third up the mountain. Every step felt like I was going to trip and fall. But kids are stupid, I didn't say a thing.

My legs shook the entire way from a lot more than soreness.

Now I'm afraid of heights, and stone stairways without handrails.

• Sympathy & Compassion
When I was three a swan tried to pull me into a pond.

On a more serious note, I did have a close call a month or so ago when spelunking in a very muddy, very slick cave that had no light and minimal grips. My foot slipped when I was trying to shimmy along a narrow pathway and I nearly slipped into the death abyss to my right. Weirdly enough, that scared me less than the perfectly harmless but slightly muddy ladder I had to climb twenty minutes before this incident.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Kitti and Dipper
I got hit by a car and fuckin got thrown onto the pavement last Janurary. It was a blessing i was wearing leather bc my arms were alright but my legs got fucked up. I was only left with a broken foot and some hella road rash but if my head hit the curb I would have deffo been wasted.

I'm also a suicide attempt survivor, and i deffo could have been dead if it wasn't for my mother

• Sympathy & Compassion
1 - I studied chem in uni. I heated a chemical past the temp where it is known to explode in reaction with the air. The product of that reaction is hydrogen peroxide, which is notoriously toxic to humans.​
2 - My brother was driving himself, me and our mum to the cinema. A cargo truck passes on the driver's side. Our mum freaks the fuck out yelling like 'pull away, pull away, the slipstream will pull the car under the truck!'. My brother's like 'Getcha getcha fucken comments out of this'. And I swear to god our mum was a hair close to yanking the steering wheel away from the truck, which would have caused my brother to turn the other way - directly into the truck. I'm underselling the panic contagion that was coming off my mum D<​
3 - I had an abscess coming from my small intestine across the span of six days. I didn't call the hospital. They called me over something else. Its said to be able to kill you in two hours once it bursts.​

I got hit by a car and fuckin got thrown onto the pavement last Janurary. It was a blessing i was wearing leather bc my arms were alright but my legs got fucked up. I was only left with a broken foot and some hella road rash but if my head hit the curb I would have deffo been wasted.

I'm also a suicide attempt survivor, and i deffo could have been dead if it wasn't for my mother
I have never attempted suicide. Though I did call the helpline once. They're such great people. Making that call is a must for anyone contemplating suicide.​

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: King
I once realized I was stuck in a ghost fishing net about five seconds after watching my buddies fins disappear into the gloom. That was a very sobering couple of minuets in which I burnt through about half an hours worth of air. Still haven't told my parents about it.