"I don't want it to end either," he admitted after a moment of silence, though he didn't turn to face the other, rolling instead to face the skyline with a soft frown. Despite avoiding eye contact, he did pat in front of himself and, once again, he paused before shyly whispering, '... can you at least spoon me? That isn't too much to ask for, right?"

Dante was petty but he wasn't petty enough to ruin his chances of getting physical affection. He was so starved for it that he was willing to stop being a bit petty and angry.

Reactions: potassiumboron
Again, Xavier hardly needed to be prodded into agreeing - as soon as he was given the single prompt, he barely hesitated in wrapping his arms around the other and resting his head in close, his eyes drifting shut within literal minutes. He would have stayed awake and reiterated just how much he cared for Dante, just to get his point across, but the combination of his drunkenness and the warmth that came from the affectionate embrace wasn't easy to fight off.

By the time morning rolled around, having slept in the best bed he'd ever slept in in his whole life, Xavier was suitably refreshed... despite suffering with a raging hangover that didn't seem to settle down, however much water he had forced down his throat during the night. Stirring awake from his sleep, he glanced across at Dante with a small smile, deciding to help wake him up through the aid of a few playful kisses along his neck, pulling away when he heard him stir.

"...Do I get to stay for breakfast? I'm kinda starving. I always have bacon sandwiches when I'm hungover, so that'd be cute to share with you."

"Ugh, what time is it...?" He groaned, rolling to face Xavier, pouting a bit. It was proof of his alcoholism when he only had a minor headache compared to the other's hangover. Reluctantly sitting up, he rubbed his face with a heavy yawn. When he fully came through, he offered a slow smile to the human.

"Yeah, I guess you can stay for breakfast," he decided before moving to offer a quick peck on the other's cheek. "You gotta cook it, though, yeah? Not my job to feed you," he purred.

"It should be. I'm just a helpless, broke-ass human, and you're one of the city's most famous -and rich- designers. You should be making me a three-course breakfast or something-- it'd be charitable of you to take pity on someone as poor as me. And hey, I wouldn't find it patronising or degrading, I'd be all for it," he drawled slowly, grinning to himself as he easily slid from the bed, albeit with a quiet groan at how sore everything was. Being hungover wasn't the greatest feeling in the world, and he only had himself to blame for drowning his guilt in several bottles of beer and some tequila.

"I'll make it, obviously. I'm just joking with you. We'll have omelettes and whatever else I can cook up-- it'll be cute. We deserve to do something cute together, right? We haven't really... done anything in our relationship, other than bicker like a married couple and go through some drama-- all my fault, I'll own that."

"I just wish you came and talked to me, Xavier. I understand you're mad at Sandra, she can be a bitch, but I just wished you would have texted me," he admitted before motioning the other to hurry out of the room. "I'll take a shower while you cook, I feel disgusting. I don't know how I managed to sleep in this outfit," he admitted with a small smile.

"I know how you can make up for it," he reassured before moving to offer a quick peck on his cheek. "You can take a shower after me, or... maybe during...?" He offered, his brows wiggling lightly under his hair.

The most heated thing he had done with the designer was to share a kiss, and even then it was mostly tentative on his end. He did have a fear of getting too intimate with someone too soon, being worried that it could lead to a break up as it had with his previous relationships. Given how much he liked Dante, he didn't want that to happen, but it was difficult to knock down the offer, especially after he had promised not to be so cautious and to just do what felt right.

After everything, sharing a shower and moving things forward a few paces definitely felt right.

"...Don't go judging me, I haven't gone to the gym in, like, a week," he joked, rolling his eyes to himself. Dante had already seen him shirtless just yesterday, but he hadn't gotten up close and personal, as he would do in a shower. Normally, Xavier wasn't too self-conscious about his body, knowing he was in good shape. There was just something about Dante that made him want to please him, and he quickly grew worried that he wasn't good enough for him - but pushing the sudden insecurity aside was necessary if he wanted to get over the drama he had caused in their relationship. "I can share a shower, sure. Might as well get all the hot water I can before I head back to my friend's place. I don't like using his shower, it's cold and the water pressure is terrible."

"I would offer you to stay with me but you seemed pretty adamant on not wanting to 'use me' or something like that," he commented with a hum as he, too, hesitated. The only people outside of his parents who had seen him naked was Sandra, on account that he hadn't been with anyone up until that point. It hit him hard, but he took a deep breath. After all, he said he would do it and he was a man of his word.

"You want to be a model yet you're afraid to be naked in front of me? I don't think you understand how this industry works," he decided, playing everything off as casually as possible as he, in reality, kept himself from having a panic attack as he slid out of his clothes, his cheeks completely beetroot as he nervously shifted his weight on his heels. "I mean, you're beautiful. If anyone should be anxious, it's me. I mean, I'm nothing like you."

"It's not the same, Dante. I can get naked in front of industry people, but I'm dating you. I don't care if they critique me, that's their job, right? If you started critiquing me, I'd get upset and-- I want to please you more than I do some guy at some job, I guess," he shrugged, awkwardly holding his shirt in his hands. Growing self-conscious wasn't ideal for him - he wanted to show off the confidence he normally exuded, though his desperation to please Dante easily undercut that.

"I'm beautiful, huh? You're such a charmer," he snorted, trying to break the seriousness of the conversation up by joking a little, going as far as to lightly nudge him as he stepped into the shower, humming in appreciation. "...We can joke about how ugly we think we are, but it's not true, is it? I don't think I'm dreadful to look at, and you're clearly attractive, so... I'm not saying boast about it, because that's dumb, but... if I tell you how cute you look, don't counter it. Just accept the fact you're fucking cute, Dante~"

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I'm 'cute' but I'm not handsome," he replied as he stepped once as well before fiddling with the faucet, his face growing a soft pink when his nervousness suddenly caused him to somehow fail at doing something so simple. Once properly turning on the shower, he was thankful that it was much larger than his own shower from when he was growing up, sighing heavily at the warmth of the water.

"It's cute that you're all shy and whatnot," he commented as his tail swayed a tad, his satyr-like legs moving him a tad closer to the water. "I mean, im honored to have such a cute guy in my shower," He cooed as he avoided gaze.

"I'm cute-- you think that? Like, if you weren't my boyfriend, you'd still think I was cute enough to make it in the model industry? It's the only thing I have right now, you know? It's not easy, I get that, but I need to excel in this or I'll have nothing and that's... fucking terrifying," he laughed weakly, doing his best to put a brave face on things when, in reality, the whole situation could either make or break him. He had confidence that dating Dante would help push him forward in terms of finding a good agent and propelling a career on from there, but then again, that was no guarantee. Dante always gushed about him, but he was obviously biased in his favour - others might just see him as an average human who should have stuck to his job at the garage.

"Nah, I'll obviously make it big, right? And I know I'll get some backlash for dating you-- maybe you'll get some for dating a human, but we can make it work. The first thing I'm going to do when I start making serious cash is buy that fur coat from your collection-- I honestly loved that, I wasn't saying it to, like, please you. I'd wear that every day of the week if I could."

"I told you that you could keep it," he reminded as he grabbed the hair clip on the side of the shower to pin back his hair and keep it from his face, his many eyes blinking individualy. He had a routine and Xavier's presence wasn't going to stop that.

"I'm not bullshitting you, Xavier. I think you're a beautiful human being, in your demensions and features. You've got muscles and a very chiseled chest, plus you've got a jaw for days," he praised, his tone simple as he stated the truth. "I think that, if you let me help you, you could be huge."

• Bucket of Rainbows
"And I told you I wanted to buy it, rather than just be given it. I want it to be my first purchase, I guess. It's dumb when I could get it for free, I get that, but... I want to buy it using money I make from this whole venture, assuming I make anything," he snorted, hiding his red cheeks by tactfully turning his body away to make it seem like he was reaching for shampoo when in actual fact he was just waiting for the blush to subside.

"...I also told you that it's... people might not like you helping me. I need to go into the human world of modelling and-- some humans are still fucking jerks, Dante. They might not give me any jobs if they knew you were helping, which sucks-- but I can deal with that. I need all the help I can get and you're my boyfriend, so... sure. It makes sense. Just don't help me get into your market, okay? I don't want to intrude on monsters' careers. I'll stick to the human side of things."

"Fine, Just... don't be afraid to come to me for help, okay? No need for you to sleep at a friends or a motel when I want to help you and have the money to do so," he insisted quietly before glancing over, letting his many eyes take in the human curiously. While he could blush about a guy being nice to him for days, his line of work desensitized him a tad to seeing others naked whilst he grew nervous and giggly the moment someone set their eyes on him.

"Ah... we can talk about all of this later. I just want to be close to you right now and focus on better things, like improving our relationship~?" He offered, daring to make the first move by pressing closer and taking Xavier's chin to lean him forward for a kiss. "I mean, we're both off today so we have the whole day to get to know each other more."

"...We've only been dating a short while, right? I couldn't ask you to, like, help me out financially. That's too much. I'm fine with crashing at a friend's place until I get my own money to get somewhere for myself, really. It's not ideal but it's... better than being in debt to someone, or going home. I don't want to do that," he shrugged, smiling quickly to cover up how emotional the talk of home made him. It wasn't somewhere he wanted to go back to after hearing his parents insult who he was attracted to, but they were still his parents. It wasn't easy being effectively disowned and made homeless by them over one argument about how he was dating a 'monster'.

"Anyway, today will be fun, yeah? We can do whatever you want, I owe you that at least," he decided, happy to do whatever it took to get their relationship back on track after the huge bump it took the previous night, which he obviously took full blame for. "Just us though, no... Sandra. I don't want her popping around to talk to you after what she said-- you know I wouldn't hurt you, right? You don't think I could ever do that, do you?"

• Love
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I... I don't know," he admitted before laughing nervously. "I don't know, you might? You might get tired of me or get drunk one night and get mad. I've seen this happen before, with humans dating my kind. There's always a high chance that something could happen and, like you said, this is still a new relationship. You might find I'm too annoying," he reminded before moving to offer a soft kiss to the other's neck.

"Just you and me, yeah. That sounds nice," he purred, pushing aside the very real possibility of being abused by the other. "Well, I have a few plans. I think we could go out and veg some food and just come here and relax, eh?"

Xavier was well aware that the two hadn't known each other that long and had been dating for even less, but that didn't mean it hurt any less to b told by someone he cared about that he had the potential to abuse him. That was far from anything Xavier was capable of and while he knew the relationship between monsters and humans was a tenuous one, he still hated the fact he was being judged as being a threat. He hadn't shown any animosity or hatred towards any monster, and to hear from his own boyfriend that he thought it was entirely possible for him to lose his temper and react violently was shocking. He couldn't handle hearing it from Sandra, let alone someone he was actually dating.

"You really believe that don't you. I... that's fucking disgusting, I-I-- fuck you, that's not-- I can't believe you," he laughed incredulously, instantly moving to get out of the shower and dry himself down. "I'm going, this is mental. I'll just see you on Monday for work, get this modelling thing rolling. Other than that, I don't want to see you right now-- I'm a threat, right? If I'm such a threat, you shouldn't be near me, I'm a potential abuser after all."

"O-Oi, don't you dare go and throw this back on me!" He squeaked, stepping out of the shower to follow suit (not before wrapping a robe around himself first. He wasn't one to stand up for himself but Xavier's outburst was hardly warranted and he wasn't going to let that go, his gray skin pink in embarrassment.

"I know you're a human and you'd never understand how dangerous it is to live like a monster. I mean, we're called monsters for Christ's sake! D-Don't go turn on me and act like my worries are offensive, you know damn well why I'm afraid. I... thought you would be understanding of that," he whispered, his hooves awkwardly hitting the floor as he adjusted his weight. "If you really like me, you would know all of the death threats from humans I've gotten just over one picture."

"You think I'm dangerous to you? Don't you get how hurtful that is? You're overgeneralising and-- and that's disgusting, actually. You are aware some of your kind have attacked innocent humans, right? How would you feel if I told you I thought there was a possibility you could turn on me in resentment and murder me in my sleep or-- or abuse me? Would that be fair, huh? To accuse you of that?" He countered, turning to face him when realising that the other had stepped out of the shower and was apparently intent on defending his and Sandra's words. If he chose to stand by them, the human really couldn't see himself being comfortable in a relationship if his boyfriend held a belief that he could be a danger. It was insulting if anything, and he wasn't going to make himself uncomfortable for however long the relationship lasted.

"...It's fucking stupid, Dante. You ought to know that I'd never do that. I... don't want to be dating someone who thinks I'm capable of that. Some humans are wrong; not all of them. You can't just simplify it by assuming we're all a danger-- especially me who has done nothing but support you, right?"