Food that you just can't eat

The smell of freshly cut papaya makes me want to vom. Ò,Ó

And anything gelatinous unless it is actual jello.

I can't manage to deal with mushrooms. I feel like I'm chewing on an eraser. I have been told if they are cooked properly that isn't the case, but I've obviously never had them cooked properly. I agree with Jorick though, if something feels weird in your moth it's tough to eat it. Raw onions have that kind of feel to me unless they are diced very small. However, I am a med rare kind of steak eater, so I guess the mouth feel is a subjective thing.

I can't eat Kiwi Fruit due to an allergy, and have to be super careful around bread at the moment (don't end enough of it in my diet so bloat and feel sick after eating too much). Strawberry flavoured milk made by two brands here in Australia get me too.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Dipper
77273e935f2f8802edb42521f62d204262020cd0_00.gif

Onions. Everything about them is repulsive. Their scent, their consistency when they're not cooked to the point of being soft, the taste itself, etc

Way too strong.

Whoever found these things, decided have a taste, then brought it over to civilization is a horrible person.

It doesn't help that they're in so many dishes, you can't really escape them unless you just stick to dessert for the rest of your life.

I think the only way I can have them without getting sick is in soup. Since it ends up soft and the flavor is evenly distributed, it poses no issue.

Aside from onions, there are also mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, lettuce (cabbage is yum though), chicken, cottage cheese, shellfish, any fish that isn't mahi mahi, anything even mildly spicy, tofu, bananas, apples, fruit juice, cherries, peppers, shredded coconut, peaches, celery, beans, bacon, liquorice, and the list goes on.

I'm not picky. I'm just against anything that tastes, smells, or feels horrible.

• Haha
Reactions: Aero Blue
Olives make me gag, I can't even smell them without being grossed out.

I also can't eat fresh bananas or raw almonds, even though I wish I could. They make my mouth itchy :(

Reactions: Maggie
Mackerel in a can, just the look and smell is enough to send me running for the hills and the fact sometimes people put ketchup with it. I don't like mushrooms. Not a fan of beans either.

I hate green olives, peaches, apples spinach, lima beans, pork rinds, annnnnd lastly . .. . .
brussel sprouts! Yurrg.

Kiwi, licorice, raw mushroom, fried food, fast food, bacon, and cherries. There may be more, but I'm usually not very picky.

Kiwi, licorice, raw mushroom, fried food, fast food, bacon, and cherries. There may be more, but I'm usually not very picky.
Oh no, not bacon!

ALL HAIL BACON!

Mashed Potatoes. I need it to be a very particular texture and that texture is hard for people not to screw up. I don't like them too watery or too mushy, otherwise I won't eat them.

Seafood. Like, I can tried to get myself to eat it, but can't get myself to. The mere smell repulses me, and I get reminded of some gross, salty-as-hell shrimp or something I tried from a Chinese restaurant.

Also, eggs. I am fine with them being ingredients for things like noodles, cakes, or puddings, but eggs themselves are a no-go. Apparently I might've been traumatized by egg as a child from being forced to eat them, but I dunno.

Finally, I dislike mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, ranch, things like that... And also beans. Except for adzuki beans, and whatever the heck kind of """bean""" us Americans can and label "green beans".

Tomatoes. I've hated them since I was little and I just can't stand them. I've tried to eat them, I really have, but the thought of them turns to my stomach. If I even see a tiny chunk of one in spaghetti sauce or on a piece of pizza, I won't be able to finish it. I don't know why I hate them so much, but I do.

Onions are a big one for me and I hate it.

They're in everything I enjoy, and it's not that I dislike them for taste or texture... but they just murder my innards and make me sick. I can stomach a lot of things* but apparently onions are where my body draws the line.

*(Mayo doesn't really go bad, it just becomes Miracle Whip)

Also, sweet pickles. There are just certain things in this world that should not be and among them are those monstrous things.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Mustard. Something about yellow mustard makes me sick to my stomach. It might be a little bit of a mind trick from my childhood because my dad is allergic to mustard.

Other than that, coconuts and marzipan. The texture and flavor gets to me. Can't do it.

Oatmeal.. The texture bothers me to no end

Flavor-wise, I detest pineapple.

Texture-wise, I can't stand sweet potatoes. If they're prepared in a certain way (like, cut into medallions and then cooked until crispy) I can usually force them down. Or if mixed up with tuna and fried.

But yeah, unless prepared in a way I find palatable, I can't even force myself to choke down sweet potatoes, I'll wind up gagging.

I'm lactose intolerant so I tend to have to stay away from dairy related products(which is hard if you're a mac n' cheese lover like me) but I also haven't been able to eat strawberries ever since they made me sick one summer evening. They're so watery that they just don't sit in my stomach right and I have to be careful with how many I eat-- though lately even the smell is overwhelming to me. c':

Also banana's-- You could offer me a million dollars and I wouldn't be able to eat the dang thing, I hate the texture and I just don't like them.

I love sushi and I enjoy most types of fish. However, I just cannot get down with ikura. I've tried it a few times and I find both the texture and the taste so unappealing. :( And I don't like the way they pop in your mouth.