--Closed For Reboot--

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Cafe Kyrie
Tags - @Accelerator @Karyra @happydeath @Verran

Chro nodded upon hearing Ael's explanation. "I see, I see. That does sound about right. At least you handled the actual problem." Bars could have it rough, although completely thrashing them was a little rare. Shame she missed the brawl, though more people stepping in probably wouldn't have improved matters. "Don't worry about being missing when I turned up. You could have done a lot worse with the door unlocked than a patron or two wondering what had happened."

Chro smiled back just as enthusiastically. "Yeah, it's pretty busy some days. I really ought to hire someone to help out." Case in point, she had yet to get to several of the newer arrivals. "I'll remember to take you up on that generosity some other time, but for now, I've got to do my job. Enjoy your breakfast." And with that, the aging huntress danced off to greet the new arrivals and take their orders.

The two newcomers seemed to have just arrived, judging by the bike one of them left outside. And the dust of the road still clinging to their clothes. "Welcome to Cafe Kyrie," Chro greeted them from wherever she was in the room at the time. "I'll be with you as soon as I can." Once the two gentlemen were seated, she took their orders and was prompt as she could be with the service. There was something about these two, though. One was clearly not dressed for the desert, with the long scarf and other gear better suited for colder weather, and the other kept that cloak close around him. They also looked armed, but she didn't comment on the gear. She had her sword back behind the counter if she really needed it.

"I hope your trip wasn't too taxing. If you're new to Zramore, hope you enjoy your stay here. It can be a little rough, but we all tend to stick together when we really need to."

The older man looked familiar. Chro couldn't place him at first, but she knew she recognized him from somewhere. It wasn't until after the usual pleasantries and her return with his order that she recognized him. "It's been a while, Verse," she said when she returned with his food. "I don't think I've seen you in years, not that it's too surprising. We all had our work cut out for us." She laughed. "What brings you all the way out here?" As curious as she was to really catch up, she couldn't do more than a few questions. She did have a job to do, and even if the tables were beginning to fill up, she couldn't sit down for a few hours to chat in the middle of the morning shift.

• Carmen Mathur - The Crimson Flame
    wo2fMNY.jpg

"The fire that burns within will serve as a beacon to those lost in the dark."​

Role
    Former Beacon Professor, Bodyguard
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Wakikata, Mistral | Black Market District
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode

Carmen had finally fully woken up. She was laying on her stomach, arms cradling the pillow her head was laid upon. "Ah..." the woman was speechless, looking away at her as she mentioned how it felt to sleep with another person. The professor would push herself up, seated on her knees on the bed as her disheveled lengthy red locks would fall over her body. After a stretch, Carmen would reply. "Yes well...it was an interesting experience..." yeah, that was probably the first time she had been with another person in bed let alone another woman! It honestly felt nice...

Carmen's sleepy eyes caught the bunny girl hopping off the bed and slowly putting her clothes back on. Well, it was a lovely view... What was she thinking?! Clearing her throat, Carmen hops off the bed and runs her fingers through her hair to straighten it out. "Was so exhausted, I forgot about eating!" she would chuckle slightly and slip on the long black coat before covering herself with the tattered cloak from earlier.

"More like breakfast, don't you think?" she would smile and giggle softly and gave her a playful wink before heading for the door. "Ladies first." Carmen gestures out the door, being sure to help maintain the 'closeness' the girls had when they rented the room for the night.
    wo2fMNY.jpg

"The fire that burns within will serve as a beacon to those lost in the dark."

Role
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode

Carmen had finally fully woken up. She was laying on her stomach, arms cradling the pillow her head was laid upon. "Ah..." the woman was speechless, looking away at her as she mentioned how it felt to sleep with another person. The professor would push herself up, seated on her knees on the bed as her disheveled lengthy red locks would fall over her body. After a stretch, Carmen would reply. "Yes well...it was an interesting experience..." yeah, that was probably the first time she had been with another person in bed let alone another woman! It honestly felt nice...

Carmen's sleepy eyes caught the bunny girl hopping off the bed and slowly putting her clothes back on. Well, it was a lovely view... What was she thinking?! Clearing her throat, Carmen hops off the bed and runs her fingers through her hair to straighten it out. "Was so exhausted, I forgot about eating!" she would chuckle slightly and slip on the long black coat before covering herself with the tattered cloak from earlier.

"More like breakfast, don't you think?" she would smile and giggle softly and gave her a playful wink before heading for the door. "Ladies first." Carmen gestures out the door, being sure to help maintain the 'closeness' the girls had when they rented the room for the night.

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Location - Black Market, Wakikata, Mistral
Tags -
@Nunali

“Thank you, Carmen~” Azalea replied, adding a provocative growl to the ‘r’ in the woman’s name, before stepping out. Even though it was morning, it was quieter than the norm, the creaking of the floorboards much lighter than usual. Taking in a shallow breath, she took in the stench of sweat and cigarettes, semen and dust, before that lovely smile took shape once more. A hand reached out to grasp Carmen’s again, before Azalea lead her down the enclosed stairwell of the building. “C’mon, I’m practically starving at this point!”

And then, on the second flight of stairs, she heard the ‘click’ of three dozen doors opening up. Within instants, the top and bottom of the stairwells teemed with all manner of thuggish men, from the bald, muscular type to the skinny druggie type to the suited slick type, all wielding all manner of weaponry. Immediately, Azalea shrunk beneath Carmen’s cape, her heart jackhammering as the leader of this mob of thirty-six, a rugged man with hawkish eyes and an ornate cane walked up.

“This isn’t your concern, lady,” he spoke, voice booming like a mountain, “I don’t know what your connection is with this bitch, but if you walk away, I swear no harm will befall you.”

In the corner, the owner of the hotel flashed that same seedy smile as he had last night.

Setting/Location
Time - Mid-Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo --> Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @Karyra @R-9 Pilot

After entering the café and directing his gaze around the room to see the large amount of customers that were already gathered inside it was almost difficult to tell who exactly was serving and who was simply a customer waiting for their orders. With the crowd of people around, Axel had only just remembered that because he was in an actual place where people tend to come in; he was supposed to 'buy' what he wanted to eat or drink. Reaching for his back pocket underneath his cloak he had opened up his wallet only to find that he didn't exactly have that much money on him to be buying a large sum of food like he needed. Shaking his head to himself at the sad sight of his wallet, he tucked it away only to be greeted by a dark haired woman who he could only assume was working at the café.

Heading over to the same table as where Phan had taken his seat since it appeared to had been separated from the crowds of civilians, once the very same woman came over to take the two men's orders, Axel made sure to keep in mind his spending amount at the moment. "Um...some hot green tea please." Even though he knew well enough that wasn't going to be nearly enough to fill his stomach, if he could keep his spending amount low for the time being he could head around town after here to head into the market and buy some ingredients to prepare himself something to eat as well as repay Phan for the rations from last night. "Hey Phan. I had almost forgotten...After we get some rest here. If I can find a market around here, I can make you something for the road to repay you for the food you gave me."

Now the only thing left to do was just to wait and hope that the Captain did not decide to come barging into the café with a squadron of Atlas troops just looking to arrest the two men. That or the idea of the strange man and woman that was with the Captain earlier, the fact that the woman just vanished and nothing more than snakes appearing out of nowhere was still on Axel's mind; never once had he seen a semblance that allowed one to completely turn their entire physical form into tons of serpents. The only other thought was the idea that she could've been another experiment from Project Grimm but yet even then that made things all the more confusing since she appeared to be working with Atlas and not to mention seemed almost like she was in control of what she was doing. There were too many unanswered questions.

wo2fMNY.jpg

Role
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode

The duo would reach the bottom of the stairs and be set upon by countless men, all seeming to be focused on the bunny. The crimson woman would move into a defensive stance, putting herself in front of Azalea as she shrunk back in what appeared to be fear. Carmen's scarlet hues move her eyes along the crowd of men and for a moment, Carmen would look back to Azalea. 'You should do what they say, Carmen...The faunus is not your concern...' that soft raspy male voice whispered in her mind.

"Shut up..." she murmurs aloud, of course, the thug boss would assume she was speaking to him. "You've made it my concern..." again, Carmen would look back to Azalea. Whatever the little thing might have done to incur the wrath of these gangsters must have been big. 'Just what have you gotten yourself into...?' Carmen's eyes then flash over to the boss. "You're all pathetic. You look scared..." Well, some of them did that was for sure. Their boss though? Totally stone-faced, perhaps even amused.

There was a spark in Carmen's eyes, sure the young woman that cowered behind her was probably more than capable of handling herself. "Honestly, you need this many men to take on one woman?" Carmen scoffs and shakes her head. "At the very least, I can take on half of you..." she chuckles and looks back to Azalea. "I'm sure she could take the rest of you piles of shit." 'Carmen...Don't.', the Grimm growls in annoyance.

"I won't let you harm her.", as Carmen said this a fire literally appears in her eyes. Those scarlet hues seemed to glow menacingly. She was trying to scare them yes. Using her power in such tight quarters would be a mistake...but showing off the destructive power she wielded well it'd make plenty think twice.

What a foolish white knight...well, crimson knight; giving her all for a complete stranger.
    wo2fMNY.jpg

Role
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode

The duo would reach the bottom of the stairs and be set upon by countless men, all seeming to be focused on the bunny. The crimson woman would move into a defensive stance, putting herself in front of Azalea as she shrunk back in what appeared to be fear. Carmen's scarlet hues move her eyes along the crowd of men and for a moment, Carmen would look back to Azalea. 'You should do what they say, Carmen...The faunus is not your concern...' that soft raspy male voice whispered in her mind.

"Shut up..." she murmurs aloud, of course, the thug boss would assume she was speaking to him. "You've made it my concern..." again, Carmen would look back to Azalea. Whatever the little thing might have done to incur the wrath of these gangsters must have been big. 'Just what have you gotten yourself into...?' Carmen's eyes then flash over to the boss. "You're all pathetic. You look scared..." Well, some of them did that was for sure. Their boss though? Totally stone-faced, perhaps even amused.

There was a spark in Carmen's eyes, sure the young woman that cowered behind her was probably more than capable of handling herself. "Honestly, you need this many men to take on one woman?" Carmen scoffs and shakes her head. "At the very least, I can take on half of you..." she chuckles and looks back to Azalea. "I'm sure she could take the rest of you piles of shit." 'Carmen...Don't.', the Grimm growls in annoyance.

"I won't let you harm her.", as Carmen said this a fire literally appears in her eyes. Those scarlet hues seemed to glow menacingly. She was trying to scare them yes. Using her power in such tight quarters would be a mistake...but showing off the destructive power she wielded well it'd make plenty think twice.

What a foolish white knight...well, crimson knight; giving her all for a complete stranger.

Burgundy Silt
Mention: @Jessica2477 (Talking to)

Burgundy couldn’t help but tear up at what she was saying. The realization that she had lost almost all of her friend’s trust was unbearable and that fact that she had nearly ruined them with an easy’s avoidable mistake was like someone was choking her.

With a movement of her finger, she wiped away few tears. A long moment of silence passed between the two. The only sound that could be heard was the chatter about the cafe. Burgundy scared into Blanche’s eyes with weak conviction. She was either broken or about to run. Her eyes looked towards the door the opinion was clear in front of her a crowd as parted and a straight b-line to the exit was there.

She would hide out in Vacuo and abandon or caravan she didn’t need any of that right. Burgundy didn’t want to ruin another business partner nonetheless a dear friend. Burgundy could run away and hide in the ally and become a street vendor. That would work a lot better she wouldn’t have to work with anyone but herself and if she could live off what she sold, but Burgundy knew better. She needed Blanche.

She looked over from the door and into Blanche’s golden eyes. She couldn’t work without her, she barely even survived before. Burgundy couldn’t just run away. She had to make it up to her.

“I agree,” Burgundy let out meekly. “I am sorry. It hurts me so much what I did and I know I put so much in jeopardy and I can’t be careless like that. Only if I could be more like you Blanch, you always have a smile our face and you're so much more competent,” Burgundy explained.

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Tags -
@Nunali

“No,” the mob boss chuckled in return, “They’re all just here for their pound of flesh. The whore behind you couldn’t even take one of us down in a fair fight…but I suppose you’ve become addicted to her taste too, hm?” A low sigh, and then he turned away, disappearing into the crowds once more. “It was for good reason that the academies fell. There is no place for heroes in a world like this.”

And with the disappearance of that coldly rational leader, the bloodlust within the room tripled, all restraints now lost as that hawk eyed man silently gave his approval for whatever methods the thugs used. Beneath the cloak, Carmen could feel Azalea’s form trembling, but before her eyes, there were larger problems unfolding before her.

Safeties off, ammo locked, targets sighted, the thugs on both sides rained heavy ordinance down upon the two girls, a veritable barrage of metal and energy descending upon Carmen.

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Mentions: @Neko_Green

Empathy was a hell of an emotion. It really was.

How many times had she had girls and boys cry in front of her? Plenty. She was the one responsible to give the talks to her grandfather's employees and fire them when things weren't working out. Manipulative tactics were used often to try to make her change her mind; guilt, pity, compassion, etcetera. It's what she adapted to, and what made her appear cold-blooded. However, each time the tears weren't crocodile, Blanche felt just as terrible. It always reminded her that she was not much older than those teenagers, and so long as she worked under her grandfather, she would never be in their position. She had been in their shoes when it came to mistakes though. Blanche knew what it felt like to believe you were useless, or nothing more but a burden to those she was supposed to help.

It was harder to not feel terrible about Burgundy though. The weasel Faunus was her friend and a kind young girl. It didn't help that she looked so much younger than Blanche despite being older. Did that excuse her mistake? No. But that didn't make her a terrible person either. People have done much worse and experienced less guilt than the girl across from her did. Blanche didn't mean to make Burgundy cry. She just forgets how fragile her friend's heart was.

Blanche really needed to adapt to sensitive individuals.

"Come now, no tears." Blanche opened the pouch she kept close to her and pulled out a handkerchief. She then handed it to the other girl. "You know as well as I that my smiles aren't always genuine."

She called it her customer service face for a reason.

"One mistake hasn't ruined my faith in this partnership. There have been worse and there have been less. We just need to be more careful with the merchandise, so don't completely beat yourself up over this."

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Near Vacuc border, Vale Roadway
Tags - @RedArmyShogun @Yzmael
@Karyra @happydeath

The snakes reflexively bit at the large red palms of aura. Coiling around its fingers and up its wrists after the source of intrusion. Making no effort to distinguish them from enemy and ally, Medusa held much the same attitude as she was hoisted up and out of the wreckage onto the snow. Like a child who had made a mess and subsequently was hoisted up by the shirt collar. Her first reaction was to snort and respond with a smug grin and turn of her head in disbelief.

"My. Have we forgotten? ... Perhaps... you choose to forget... Yes. It doesn't suit your... conscience."

The grin widened at the word, her eyes narrowed, and Medusa seemed for the first time since entering the cold to truly be amused. But quickly enough all emotion faded from her face, it's capacity for expression reverted to stone as all play and mockery in her tone disappeared.

"I always nudge them. You should know that by now. Mutt..."

Turning away from Nick, the snakes surrounding them halted their assault on his aura and slowly began to reconvene. Holding our her hand, as they eagerly coiled up her arms and legs and around her body, they slowly seemed to sink and merge with it.

"You and Atlas never bother with subject files or ability analysis. So I must do all the data collection myself. Not to mention uncovering our targets disposition. ... ... These two seem to be skilled at eluding capture. Mostly as they're still laundering about freely and not hiding in the shadows like the other lot.

Hmm... the Jeep's momentum shifted when his blade made contact. As did the bike... Interesting."

Dissecting the encounter as the last of her serpents seemed to heed her call to regroup. She abruptly stretched out her opened palm toward Nick, instead of offering to answer with words. There, resting in the cold white basin of her hand appeared to be a thin black worm. Wiggling about in a circular fashion, it appeared to be chasing after its tail until managing to hook it, revealing a small jaw and upon closer inspection scales. It would become clear that the worm was in fact a thread snake. Watching as Nick's agitation and slight confusion transformed back to his collective calm and understanding, Medusa eyed him with mixed boredom and irritation.

"Do you get it now? Our targets are going nowhere. Not so long as the biker keeps his wheels and that boy around..."

Satisfied with the explanation she had given or lack there of, Medusa withdrew the palm and began to walk in the direction the two escapees were headed. Not waiting up for Nick or wanting to listen to his drivel on better approaches or methods of handling things. She had grown tired of his presence mere days after It had appeared. And now thanks to his meddling and request for assistance from the locals. she had to act as she did. Or else accept the chance of the two Frankenstein escaping once more. There was hardly need for another loud mouthed Goody Two-Shoes to get in the way. Thinking on this, the Captain and how relatively easy it had been to get rid of her, Medusa's good humor returned once more in a smirk as she turned and added.

"Better hurry. The Captain you fancy so much might get away... Why not... go teach her a few new tricks? The nights out here must get lonely. I trust you could offer more to a bitch in heat than her men. Hmm Hmm... That Aura of yours is quite... versatile."

Intending on leaving him with these words, Medusa would gladly have taken the chance to be severed from her watch dog. But, knowing that he was a loyal dog to his master, she could only mock and carry on with the mission. The two were travelling away at blinding speed and ordinarily would have evaded capture yet again if not for Medusa's actions. But, like many prey that escapes the clutch of death to live on. They too would eventually let their guard down, whether it be from the perceived safety of the city with its walls and crowds of people or the lack of immediate danger. Whatever the reason, there to greet them and remind them of their role, would be a cold blooded reptile. Watching... waiting... patiently for the right moment to strike.

Setting/Location
Mid Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo -Zramore
Tags - @EmperorsChosen @jeshem
Hating this heat, Juniper sighs heavily, thankfully she and the..Clown who's name she still didn't know, nor why he was following her.. She had gotten something to the extent of, he was following her as she was following them and that in and of it's self was reason enough, and something about a coin toss.. Well either way he wasn't trying to kill her at least and thankfully a small bit of luck was on their side, a survey team was working on the road, gathering some plants and herbs and testing the Oasis waters. It was just a little more down the road where she would see the broken down bike...

"They couldn't have gotten far..Zramore huh...?" Having her suspicions that the pair would head that way was all but confirmed, they would have no choice unless they wanted to die, plus she needed to find a way back to Vale in either case, it also seemed the agents hadn't bothered to catch up.. Did that mean they had some other means to travel? With so many questions it would be best to just focus on her duty and to do that she would have to figure how best to go about this, the last thing she wanted was an incident, but those two huntsmen, if what she had seen earlier was correct, then every man, woman and child in this City was in danger of the Grimm, Huntsmen or not..

Of course to do that she would need information and she wasn't sure Zramore had a city hall..or maybe it did..or should she try "questioning" the pair alone.. Special Force Group Officers were expected to make their own decisions in the field, but this wasn't what they meant by that in training she was sure.. Either way they had arrived, near noon but still with some time to spare. "Thanks for the Ride back into town, will you all be alright going back out there? I didn't notice any Grimm, maybe they don't like the sand-" Having a short conversation with the Survey Team, Juniper turns on her heels, letting the Clown do as he pleased, if he wished to follow or ran off on his own accord.

Passing through the streets and past a bar...no, a Café that seemed overly busy the young Officer notices a young man trying to move waaaay more boxes than was reasonable.. Munitions crates at that.. Was he insane, a thief, overworked Laborer? Either way he was one cart tip over from testing just how stable refined dust was.. "Err, hey there, you need a hand? I can help you with these boxes and maybe you can answer a few questions for me?" She asks tentatively, after all the man might not even stop to answer, he did seem fairly tired and annoyed...then again if she had to carry what looked like twelve to fifteen crates of Munitions she might be the same.

Setting/Location
Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Tags - @ERode @Nunali

As all hell broke loose on the floors below one of the bosses immediate guards was quickly alerted an unnerved by a sudden chuckle, turning to see a Faunus with slit pupils and golden fox ears atop her head, the woman sat there as if she had always been there and had always belonged. Turning his gun towards her as he noticed the fact she was in a straight jacket, the woman had unnerved him and he was acting to protect his boss, taking aim, he suddenly found the Fox Faunus was missing...

"..am I see'n shi-" When suddenly the smiling face came from below him, a summersault aimed upwards taking him right under the chin and to the floor as the faunus chuckles.

"Oh me, oh my, with such glee, were you about to tell a lie? To call us Shit.." Kneeling down over him, a fanged smile lurks on the guard as he shudders. "When we are clearly more fit." Kicking him again a couple more times, the other guards not engaged with the shooting only watch as the Boss holds up a hand keeping them from acting, smiling with a sence of glee she steps on him a few times for good measure, only stopping once he begins to bleed. "Ahahaha... Ah..Ah yes, yes indeed, now where We? Mulch Roses, it's been far too long! Or have I been here all along?"

"Malach Roes.. Boss Roes to you.." The man says with a glare at her, he really didn't need this shit right now, was she dense? Returning his attention to the two below, that Bunny Bitch was going down, and so was this redhead if it was needed...then.. Casting a glare at the monster who was now in his presence..well some Fairy Tails were better left alone.. More so insane ones that spoke as if they were some sort of deranged Royalty, speech aside her coin was always good.

"I'm a bit Busy. Trying to deal with a problem down there."

"And?"

"..Now isn't a good time."

"Aaaaaannnnddddd?"

Shaking his head, he was about to say something else, till he caught the smiling woman staring at him as if he were prey more than a person.. Saying, nothing more he just turns his attention down to the battle below.

"Ah..I don't think it will be enough. In fact I think most of your men shall go out in a puff. The Bunny is Funny, but that Red, oh does she smell of dead. Eheheheh.."

"Heh, I don't care who they are, they aren't stopping 30 guns from all around.. Though if they do, you... want to fight them?"

Laughing at that, the straightjacketed Faunus shrugs her shoulders with a sense of glee to her expression. "Ah, maybe We just want to see the blood, like some sort of great flood."

Last edited:
Burgundy.png

Burgundy Silt

Mention: @Jessica2477 (Talking to)

Burgundy took the handkerchief and wiped her eyes. “I am sorry I don’t want to make you feel bad for having this talk. Thank you though, I needed this,” Burgundy said she looked almost relieved now. “I needed someone to make me know that I need to fix myself. I am too dependent,” she went on to say.

“I didn’t really tell you much of this, but before you joined the caravan I was really a mess. We really didn’t get much done and I think if you didn’t invest we would have been bankrupted,” Burgundy explained.

It was true, while she never really talked much about it, she had only her and another girl working for her. She could barely pay for her meals and wages. Her supply chain was all messed up and she had been too incompetent to try and fix it. Getting what she could from suppliers failed mainly to her inability to be prompt, while she was good with finances she wasn’t much a people person when it came to formal things. Negotiations prices led to the investors seeing her company as pompous and full of themselves.

Blanch’s collaboration with the caravan was one of the main reasons Burgundy has gotten the supply chain fixed she had her routes sorted out and goods in order; minus the fact that Burgundy was incompetent with safety.

“I will try not to beat myself up. I will take this as a means to improve myself,” Burgundy claimed mindfully.

Last edited:

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Mentions: @Neko_Green

Blanche had known that Burgundy was in trouble when the two had met up to begin traveling, but she hadn't known what the extent of it was.

Had it begun around the time the two had first met? She remembered her friend not being so...meek around Blanche, but the longer their trips became, the more reserved she had become. Was Burgundy okay? Had the loss of financial stability affected her? Blanche wasn't sure, and honestly, a crowded cafe was obviously not the most appropriate place to ask.

"Well, I'm happy I could inspire you to become happier with yourself. I can help you if you need it." She said to her.

Burgundy wanted to learn independence, which was great! Though it didn't mean she had to do it all alone from day one. Baby steps first, then it wouldn't be long before Burgundy could walk all on her own.

6a3abc1b81f77c1cd845015443ae31c0.jpg
Setting/Location
Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Zramore, Vacuo: Cafe Kyrie
Tags - @R-9 Pilot @happydeath @Karyra

Verse grinned, happy that she had gotten around to recognizing him. The place was certainly filling up quick, a good sign that Chro's cooking hadn't tarnished over the years. From the aroma of the plate of a simple bacon-toast and egg sandwich, and age old staple, his inclination was looking to be right. Sadly, business came before most forms of pleasure. Even food. So forestalling the temptation to delay his answer and take a bite, he pulled out and on his headphones and cut to the chase. Not that having them on made him hear any less. The bobcat ears on Verse's head took care of that. No, it was simply that, to him, life was significantly more poor without music in it.

"Business brings me," he replied, "much and more business will either keep me around or hurl me elsewhere. Who knows yet. Anyway, every blind-man can see that you're busy and my business can wait. In fact, it had best wait. Perhaps you're free this evening? We can meet up after your work is done for the day and catch up." Vesre casually passed her some lien. Too much, in fact. "And kindly serve those two gentlemen something filling. The ones who just claimed those seats," he said, jerking his head to Phan and Axel, "compliments of someone not paying attention."

It was said in mild jest. Forest had indeed been paying full attention to everyone in the room. Nothing too interesting on the rumor radar yet. At least, nothing worth barging into due to it not being related to 'business.' However, he had recognized the look of the two young men who had entered. One only having a meager green tea. It wasn't their garb, nor their faces. In fact, Forest hadn't truly recognized them at all. At least, not who they were. No, it was their bodies that told him the tale. Hunger. Not starving, but lean bodies in need of some sort of nourishment. Built strong due to hard work and hard living. Forest knew that body quite well indeed, having had it himself for more than half his life.

wo2fMNY.jpg

Role
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode, @RedArmyShogun

Carmen's brow furrows as the mob boss would speak his piece, anger welling inside of her as the hawk-eyed thug leader walked away. The cocking of guns and brandishing of weapons made Carmen scan the crowd of men once again. Carmen reached for her weapon, which was unfortunately in-shop being modified and maintained. "Shit...", the woman curses under her breath. "Run!" The guns unloaded, thankfully Aura existed or the girls would be swiss cheese! Her eyes looked around, trying to spot anything she could use as a weapon. Thankfully, this place was plenty rundown to expose all sorts of lengthy and durable pieces to use as weapons.

Yet even in the heat of gunfire, the fire from Carmen's eyes had not died. Her hands gripped a rusted pipe long-unused pipe and tugged hard. The joints of the pipes creaked before the metal finally snapped from its place and into her hands. It would have to do for now...

Carmen charged forward, aiming for the first scum she saw to crack him in the side of his head. Unfortunately, there's only so many bullets her Aura could take before it shatters and Carmen can only take down so many men. One. Two. Three... Shit, there were far too many of them. She would either have to rely on her semblance at the last possible second! 'Come on, Carmen...You know this is pointless.' the raspy ashen voice would groan in annoyance. 'You could squash these men with such ease...yet you still try to act normal.' the male's voice would laugh.

Her heart was pounding. Was it the passion she felt for the faunus, the adrenaline running through her body, the threat of releasing the Grimm within, or the threat of death? 'You know I will not let you die...' it sounded more like a threat more than a reminder. "Just...Shut...Up!" she cries out as she kept swinging. Focus....focus...she needed to focus!

Hopefully, Azalea had started running already...if not then she'd catch hell from the gang members once they were through with Carmen!
    wo2fMNY.jpg

Role
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode, @RedArmyShogun

Carmen's brow furrows as the mob boss would speak his piece, anger welling inside of her as the hawk-eyed thug leader walked away. The cocking of guns and brandishing of weapons made Carmen scan the crowd of men once again. Carmen reached for her weapon, which was unfortunately in-shop being modified and maintained. "Shit...", the woman curses under her breath. "Run!" The guns unloaded, thankfully Aura existed or the girls would be swiss cheese! Her eyes looked around, trying to spot anything she could use as a weapon. Thankfully, this place was plenty rundown to expose all sorts of lengthy and durable pieces to use as weapons.

Yet even in the heat of gunfire, the fire from Carmen's eyes had not died. Her hands gripped a rusted pipe long-unused pipe and tugged hard. The joints of the pipes creaked before the metal finally snapped from its place and into her hands. It would have to do for now...

Carmen charged forward, aiming for the first scum she saw to crack him in the side of his head. Unfortunately, there's only so many bullets her Aura could take before it shatters and Carmen can only take down so many men. One. Two. Three... Shit, there were far too many of them. She would either have to rely on her semblance at the last possible second! 'Come on, Carmen...You know this is pointless.' the raspy ashen voice would groan in annoyance. 'You could squash these men with such ease...yet you still try to act normal.' the male's voice would laugh.

Her heart was pounding. Was it the passion she felt for the faunus, the adrenaline running through her body, the threat of releasing the Grimm within, or the threat of death? 'You know I will not let you die...' it sounded more like a threat more than a reminder. "Just...Shut...Up!" she cries out as she kept swinging. Focus....focus...she needed to focus!

Hopefully, Azalea had started running already...if not then she'd catch hell from the gang members once they were through with Carmen!

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Vacuo -> Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @happydeath @R-9 Pilot @Verran
Phan quietly sat and listened. Seemed like something happened between the two women at the table, one had burst into tears. Phan wasn't sure, but he wanted to believe they were merchants. There had been a scuffle according to the guy who walked in, at his business not the lady who was the waitress', Phan figured.

"Oh, it wasn't too rough. Don't worry though, I'm just passing through. Got business elsewhere,"
Phan lied.

After that, Axel offered to make something. Phan really wanted to leave soon, but at the same time he would sound rude... Yet he had a bad feeling about only being an hour's walk from that Snake filled Jeep. Big city or not, if they had photos... that big crowd to hide in could turn hostile. Even more so if they labeled him as a dangerous monstrous half-grimm.

"Oh, okay I can hang around for a bit. I mean, they are probably gonna take a bit to, uh, get here."

The movement of the man's head in their direction caught Phan's attention. Phan looked a second away from bristling up like a small bird, trying to look bigger and tougher than the enemy. They couldn't catch him, he couldn't go back...

"So... uh, wh-what do you mean by 'make something'? Do you make like... trinkets?"

Which reminded him that he should probably deal with those feathers soon. With all the crazy chases around the border he was quickly lamenting his lack of alone time. He just wanted to sit somewhere quiet and be by himself. Hopefully, his back wasn't too far gone and he still had aura if they were still looking for him.

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_lonqu_crit_full.png

Doran Kol
Mentioned: @RedArmyShogun

Squatting down, Doran hoisted one of the heavy cases up in his arms with a grunt, transporting it from where it was dispersed in the old warehouse and into the wagon. The process repeated until the dozen crates were piled neat-ish into the wheeled pallet and slowly dragged outside the building. The fact that the wagon served as a medium for the transportation eased the mercenary's burden, but it was still a fuckton of munition. With little sleep, this was by far the worst part of the assignment.

Sighing, the man complained to himself. "Why couldn't I just—stab more people... Way less exerting..."

Pausing as he exited the compound, a woman approached him. At first he was worried it was someone seeing a single man dragging along a bunch of shiny crates and thought it was an easy target, but whoever the girl was showed a different intent.

Doran opened his mouth to reply, but then stopped once again as something else caught his eye. Was it her looks? Sure, but with Doran's recent expenditures in energy, there wasn't much in the tank for his typical quippy flirtations. No, it was an insignia on her overcoat. There were many like it, depending on the various continents, states or even branches correlating to the hierarchy. Regardless, it made one thing sure; the woman was military of some kind. Now, this was Vacuo, meaning she could have just as easily shanked its true owner and threw it on, but anyone with half a brain would've gotten rid of the rank sign unless they wanted all the attention it'd draw. Furthermore, the woman appeared foreign almost with her proactive aid, but she obviously knew how things were done as she immediately after stated she needed help with something in turn.

"Long as you don't try to rob me and help me wheel this to a shop I know, sure," Doran agreed with a grunt. This was why he didn't just get a normal job. 'Hard-work' was a bitch. "And, lady, I would not advise the prior, seriously. You're plenty hot, and everything, but I spent all night tracking down these amateurs and loading this shit up. Trust me, bad idea."

Well, maybe there was a little left in the tank for his quips. Regardless, he'd keep his notice of her affiliation secret for now, at least until he thought it'd be beneficial to bring up.

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Tags - @Karyra @happydeath @Verran

Chro nodded. "I'll be free this evening," she replied to Verse's question. "I usually am, although the early mornings can mean an early night. Come back later and I'll fix you some dinner or something." As for the request for the other table, she understood that just fine, and smiled. "Twist my arm, why don't you," she added quietly as she left to prepare something for the two young men.

Axel and Phan might be surprised to get more than their original order when Chro did return to their table. She brought their drinks, and a few other things besides. "Seems like you two need a little more than tea, though I do hope you enjoy it." It was a little early in the day for most people to order them, but she had built a couple sandwiches off the lunch menu. Seemed more substantial for breakfast than a scone or croissant. Turkey, bacon, spinach, cheese and mayo, in large quantities would probably do a better job. "Don't worry about the cost," she headed off any protests before they could be voiced. "Just thank someone not paying attention." It was a shame she hadn't started the day's curry yet. That would have been a more interesting meal.

She went back about her business, clearing tables, occasionally stopping for conversation, and eavesdropping as she could. Not that she gatehred much of real interest around town by listening in. It was more a case of something that happened. Business partners, strangers passing through, old friends, didn't really matter much. Chro did know better than to butt in too far, not that she expected many really unsavory types to frequent a place like hers. But no reason to invade privacy too far, either. She did let her mind wander a bit. Verse must still be in the huner business, unless he's decided to settle down somewhere like she had. Probably had plenty of stories if that were the case. Not that she didn't have her own share. Zramore wasn't the sort of place safe behind high walls or the strong arm of Atlas. Peaceful as her days were, Chro couldn't kick her old habits.

Setting/Location
Time - Mid-Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo --> Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @Karyra @R-9 Pilot

Keeping to himself throughout most of the time the male remained seated at the able. Axel's attention had made sure to shift around the room to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary occurred that might cause the him to have to quickly get up and leave the area. It wasn't until Phan responded with the fact that he would hang out for a bit and bringing up the fact that it would be a bit before 'they' actually had arrived; knowing all too well what he meant by such words, there was no doubt in his mind that sooner or later Axel was going to have to find some kind of disguise or at least hide away somewhere in the city if he was going to be able to get out of the clutches of Atlas. Though the very fact that Zramore was known for the fact that it prospered because of the assistance of Hunters and random travelers rather than fully relying on the assistance of the Atlas Military to come and help restore or even build a new city; it made the male question whether Atlas troops would even dare enter the city to start any problems around, surely that wouldn't go well with the city's citizens.

Soon right after as Phan questioned him about what he had in mind to make for him, Axel would only let a quiet chuckle be heard from him before shaking his head in response at first. "Not exactly...You had given me food out of your own rations. So if anything, I do plan to at least repay you for the kindness by giving you some food to keep you stocked in your future travels...I know it might not be much...however it is really all I can offer at the moment. My apologies." Though he apologized for what he had in mind for the repayment, the sudden return of the female from earlier who took their order had brought Axel's attention to the table only to find a rather large plate of sandwiches followed by his drink that he had ordered. The sight of the amount of food compared to what was originally ordered had him almost dumbfounded; there was no way he was going to be able to pay for all of this. Although before he could even so much as protest about receiving so much food in case it was a mistaken for a wrong order table, the very woman stated that there was no need to worry on the cost and it was just to be thanked by someone who wasn't paying 'attention'.

Leaving him with even more questions than answers after the woman had taken her leave, Axel eyed the food cautiously for a few moments in silence. The smell of it all only made his stomach growl all that much louder before he took the chance of taking one sandwich after another just to practically gobble down one after another. With having a Grimm within him, each time the male had to eat it was almost as though he were feeding for two stomachs rather than just one. Due to just how long it had been since he had a full meal, at this point he didn't show any bit of care about hiding his bandaged arm as he reached for each sandwich after finishing one to eat, making sure the whole while that he had Phan eat as well.

Last edited:

Setting/Location
Mid Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Vacuo -Zramore
Tags - @EmperorsChosen

Gazing at the man, his intial reply was a bit concerning, while the soldier had heard much about Vacou she had assumed that the Country couldn't be that bad.. And he seemed like an honest fellow,. Well honest as anyone carting enough ammunition to supply a couple platoons of soldiers under questionable circumstances could be. Looking at him, he was attractive to most standards, but something in his gaze seemed hard, sad even. Smirking at his comment, the Captain responds with a bad pun of her own as she walked to the back of the Wagon. "Of course I'm hot, I just got done traveling through the Desert from Vale. Or did you mean something else?"

Listening to his other remarks, he didn't sound like, nor looked like a merchant, a cop or a bounty hunter of some sort? A huntsman doing such work would be odd, but this was a city made up mostly of them.. Either way it seemed she was in luck; "Ah don't worry about me stealing, I doubt you have the ammo I use in any of these boxes. Sounds like a rough night, I've had a few runs like that against Bandits myself.

Speaking of I'm looking for two fugitives, normally I wouldn't care to come this far, but they may be extremely dangerous and unpredictable. Is there any sort of leadership or information brokers in the City? Any Flights back out towards Vale or long range radio, military bases?"

Sighing a bit as she begins to push the cart from the rear, the Captain shakes her head, being reminded of Farm work and her first days in the Atlas Military as a heavy weapons operator, all things considered this was just another haybale stack needing to be moved, work she didn't like but was no stranger to. "Ah... it's important I find and question these two, provided they don't try attacking me again, a couple other people are looking for them and one of them is a crazy bitch with a bit too much of a liking for Snakes..."

Shuddering at the memory of that, she was a bit glad to be away from the Suit, how clean he was in spite of everything was slightly unnerving, even if he were polite, and the woman, well she was deranged and dangerous, she was thankful to continue the chase without them but she knew they would be back, or rather here sooner or later. "...let's just say, things could get complicated, for everyone in this City. But for now, let's get these boxes where they belong."

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location -Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @happydeath @R-9 Pilot @Verran
Axel offered to buy rations for Phan. That made sense, Phan figured. He settled down a little bit, but one couldn't blame him for the paranoia. Speaking of, he should probably throw that ration bar away. Too high of a chance of it being drugged, and Phan didn't want to waste a day on it. He was limited on time, anyway. He needed to get moving soon, far away from the border. Every moment he wasted here was another mile he could be free.

However, Axel had a point. He needed food. He'd packed extra for that reason. He was always starving if he ate enough for just one person, but he was always poor if he ate for two. There was always a catch. Phan hated that.

However, the waitress soon came and dropped off a bunch of food. "We didn't-"

The man who nodded at them. Maybe that was him?

The paranoid thoughts quickly vanished as sandwiches were put in front of them. Phan quickly started stuffing down the food, pausing only to suppress a growl when Axel's hands got too close to Phan's food. However, the bandaged hand caught Phan's eye. There weren't many reasons to do such a thing... but asking outright wouldn't be wise.

Not somewhere this public anyway. Stupid cloak and dagger failed him.

Between the two of them eating voraciously, the sandwiches were gone quickly. Thanks werid guy, Phan thought.

"So... we should probably have a talk about the whole uh... Atlas business."