--Closed For Reboot--

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_lonqu_crit_full.png

Doran Kol
Mentioned: @RedArmyShogun

Working up the strength to yank the wagon into motion, the man stiffened, paused, and glanced at the poor pun the woman had retorted with. Were he more energetic, perhaps he might have laid on the charm a bit more, or at the least teased her. Shaking his head, Doran continued his efforts as the woman made her own effort to help push, wheeling the cart into motion, though the second thing she said did cause him to scoff.

"Wow... you aren't really trying to hide that you're foreign, are you?" Doran inquired. Then again, she had just stated she made the trip from Vale.

Still though, in Vacuo, even if you couldn't use something, there sure as hell was someone who could. One did not simply see this kind of haul and go 'Meh, I don't need any', least not here in Zramore. Regardless, he would keep the fact that he didn't exactly deal with bandits. Brigands, especially the kind he was familiar with, wouldn't have been worth the confrontation.

"Pfft... Alright, sweetheart... You need to be a lot more subtle," Doran stopped her in her request. "Now, I could kind of guess who you are from those little bars on your clothes, but still. If I were someone less handsome and more scummy, you would have one hell of a tab."

He assumed from her rank insignia on her clothes, but from her speaking, she gave away too much information; enough for anyone with the answers she was looking for to gauge exactly how much she needed those answers. And the more desperate someone was, the more their bill was.

"There's plenty of Info Brokers here. Probably have what you're looking for... but if you go in there all 'Hi! I'm trying to find some criminals! I'm from Vale and am a...'" Doran paused a moment before shrugging. "Okay, I'm gonna be honest, I don't know exactly what those bars on your coat mean. Sergeant, Commander, whatever. But I know where it's from, and so will anyone else worth asking."

Doran wondered why he was giving all this friendly advice. Perhaps he was just tired or feeling generous. Regardless, the woman wasn't going to get very far acting as she was, without spending everything on her, at least.

"There's plenty of brokers in the ghetto, the good ones keep track of anyone interesting that comes through this city. But the moment you act or tell them that 'The fate of the city rests on apprehending these criminals' is the moment where you're gonna get swindled out of everything you have, told to screw off, or just leave with nothing." Doran repeated bits and pieces of what the woman had said in impressions with a sort of mock-heroic tone. The way the woman had worded some of what she said did have a sort of comic book righteousness feeling to it. "A lot of people in this city are dangerous. Regardless, I might be able to point you to a broker, or depending on who these guys are, I might've seen'em. As for transit, that ain't my area. I tend to steer clear of military types. Usually not a fan of people like me... but before I do give you some names, who the hell are you?"

<br /> Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Forest In Between Vacuo and Vale
Tags - No one. They've all left me behind ;(
The clown watched from a distance as the military lady conversed with some others further down the road. From the looks of it, she was going to get a ride with them. The clown doubted he could get a ride as well without a uniform so he continued his walk. Luckily for him, he eventually heard a vehicle coming down the road, going the same way as him and, stripping off his mask for the moment, was able to hitch a ride into the city.

Upon reaching Vacuo, the unmasked clown's first concern was to find a place to sleep, then to find some work. The first was easily done by finding a cheap inn. It provided a simple room to rest in and a place to store some of his personal belongings during his stay. For the second, the clown changed out of his outfit and into something more civilian. Leaving even his mask behind, the clown left the inn and wandered the streets.

6a3abc1b81f77c1cd845015443ae31c0.jpg
Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Zramore: Cafe Kyrie
Tags - @happydeath @R-9 Pilot @Karyra

Verse smiled back at Chro. “Oh c’mon. This is far from the worst I’ve done in twisting your arm. Think of it as ‘for old times’ sake’ twist of the arm.” Although, he then ruefully thought as the café’s owner walked away, if this is twisting an arm, I can’t wait to see how she reacts when I’ve told her about why I’m here. That would come later, though. For now, he tucked into the tantalizing sandwich he had left upon his plate. Sinking his teeth into the bacon, eggs, and toast, he was quite gratified. Chro’s cooking had not diminished whatsoever. In fact, it had only grown.

Despite eating and listening to music, Forest kept his ears open. Well, his bobcat ears. Able to discern between the music and conversation, he was able to effectively listen in on the entire café. Almost all of it was irrelevant to him. Talk of Grimm incursions, robberies, and the ever fluxing but eternally expensive cost of dust was hardly irregular for any nation’s café, let alone one inside Vacuo. However, near the end of his sandwich, he did hear mention of one of his key words: Atlas. Coincidentally, it came from the two young men he had just donated to. He didn’t let himself visibly react nor get excited by the word. Forest had been down this road before and talking about Atlas was still far from common. Usually it was either to sing their praises or talk about how much they were strong-arming their way into the other nations.

Despite this, Forest could also not afford to ignore it. At the very least, it was quite possible that they only did something minor, like steal some dust. Or they may be full scale terrorists, or resistance fighters, who regularly worked to bomb Atlas convoys. Or they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and the Atlas military blew things out of proportion. It could be any of them, or none of them. The ravenously eating men could also have an entirely different problem with Atlas, or rather, Atlas could have an entirely different problem with them. Forest relaxed, taking his time with his green tea. There wasn’t any rush. He had no plans till meeting with Chro in the evening. All the time in the world was there for him listen in and sort out the situation.

But even as these thoughts entered his mind, he wondered how much time was left in the world. Forest chuckled at his overly dramatic thoughts.

Setting/Location
Mid Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Vacuo -Zramore
Tags - @EmperorsChosen

"Well, would it do me any good if I did? I figured coming in here cloak and dagger like I'm trying to slit someone's throat in the woods would have been a worse idea." Smiling a bit at his later response Juniper had dealt with his sort often enough, Mercenary or a Smuggler of some sort, generally she left them be on about their business, but in this case, his responses were all just, wrong.

"Sweetheart huh and calling ourself Handsome, my, my, isn't someone confident in his looks? Either way, if you were more Scummy I would have hit you or shot you. I might not know a lot about your delightful city, but I've been dealing with bandits for awhile now. I can at least spot those. If some old guy in shades shows up offering Candy if I get in the back of his van, I know to tell him no, or to shoot him, thanks Dad. And like I said, doubt my ammo is in there.." Saying her piece, the redhead seemed to at least knew, or claimed to know a little about how to spot bandits at least.

"Well you missed pretty badly. I'm a Captain...and no in this case, those two may be a grave threat. Let's just say with how one of them attacked me and what little info I got from two allies I trust less than a nest of vipers, the Grimm could very well be a very immediate problem, if those charging or already being inside of your walls doesn't matter to you all, then point me to where I can get on a flight out, or a transport convoy to Vale."

Stating this matter of fact-ly, there was a tone of seriousness to her voice and gaze, softening briefly as she tilts her head towards the man; "Juniper Garnet, so, what's your name or do just like being called Handsome?" Judging from the tone alone the woman likely had a smirk of some sort plastered across her face.

"Given I doubt you are bringing this to a Police Station and the city isn't a smoldering wreck, how far is this dust store or warehouse? And why in the Gods name are you doing this job alone..that's just asking for trouble, what with how you are going on about the city."

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Location - Black Market, Wakikata, Mistral
Tags -
@Nunali @RedArmyShogun

She smashed and charged amidst the storm of bullets, and as the first fell to the rusted pipe, there was an audible shift as weapons shifted to melee form, the glow of Aura clear amongst the crowd. They were thugs, vagrants, and hired muscle, yes, but such definitions could be applied to Hunters now as well. Aura was a weapon, not only for hunting monsters but for oppressing one’s fellow man, and when compared to the rusted pipe in Carmen’s hands, the weapons her foes used were so much more keen, sharpened with this day in mind.

It was with a whimper, not a bang, that spelled the destruction of her sole weapon, sliced into quarters by a swordsman’s blade.

And with that, hell was unleashed. Tooth and blade, spike and claw, the slicing and the bludgeoning, a horde of hatred directed upon the weaponless woman. Flesh was what they wanted, an outlet for days, weeks, months of festering wounds, of indignant rage, of meaningless sadism.

“Look out from above!”

But she wouldn’t let it end so easily. Sailing from the second floor with a jump that belied her heritage as a rabbit, a beast that could leap seven times its own body length, Azalea flew over the heads of all the men crowding up the stairs. One viciously firm hand grabbed a bundle of Carmen’s hair, before the momentum of the surprisingly heavy rabbit’s jump yanked her airborne as well. There was an unpleasant squish as the sneering, fat owner of the motel had his head caved in by the flying kick, before the two women tumbled out of the door, right before Malach Roes’s eyes.

Facing away from Carmen, Azalea flashed the mob boss an impish smile, before sliding back into an expression full of concern and fright. “C’mon,” she said, switching hands and now yanking Carmen by the arm, “Run!”

But from behind, the thirty men had already reorientated themselves, and Malach himself had drawn his own weapon, a giant-slaying sword from myth, gently rasping out of its cane-scabbard, sucking the very light out of the morning. Run together, and they would be chased together. But if one stayed...

How much of a hero was Carmen, really?

• Carmen Mathur - The Crimson Flame
    wo2fMNY.jpg

"The fire that burns within will serve as a beacon to those lost in the dark."​

Role
    Former Beacon Professor, Bodyguard
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Wakikata, Mistral | Black Market District
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode, @RedShogunArmy

Well, that didn't last long at all. Nearly ready to use her semblance, Carmen dropped down into an offensive stance, relying on hand-to-hand should their assault continue. Then came a shout from above! A sickening crunch could be heard as Azalea's foot collides with the motel owner's face. Carmen's face showed shock but she felt a joy in the way Azalea crushed the fat pig's face -- he had it coming. Then she was lifted away with the bunny's face-vault. Carmen was plucked from the crowd of gathering men, now being tugged along by the 'little' faunus girl. "Th-Thanks!" she laughs lightly, this gave her some time to regenerate aura and prepare for the inevitable moment when they are caught.

Darkness would creep towards them, spawning from the hotel as the mob of men and their leader would give chase. There were far too many for the two to fight together or alone. A decision needed to be made, and fast. 'Run, run little mice...right into a dead-end trap...' Their feet would splish and splash in the puddles of water that laid in the potholes of the street. No one questioned why these two women were out and about, running in the middle of the morning...No one ever asked questions in a district of town run by gangs and rampant with crime. 'This is pointless, Carmen...You can dispose of them quickly and yet you don't. What are you afraid of?' Oh that voice, that damn voice...was laughing at her pathetic display. He was right, she could have but she was holding back. Why?

Carmen eventually rips her hand free from Azalea's and kept running beside her. "I told you to run. This is pointless! They're just going to chase both of us until we run into a dead end! So, are you going to do what you're told this time or resist?" This situation was dangerous, that much was clear. Perhaps the woman wanted to keep the supposedly sweet little girl away from the coming carnage...perhaps she just wanted some stress relief...maybe she was afraid of the Grimm getting out if she gets too into the fight. This was the largest group of humans she had fought at once. A challenge!
  • Carmen Mathur - The Crimson Flame
    wo2fMNY.jpg

"The fire that burns within will serve as a beacon to those lost in the dark."

Role
    Former Beacon Professor, Bodyguard
    Race
    Human, Aura Grimm
    Wakikata, Mistral | Black Market District
    Interactions
    Azalea Prayers
    Mentions
    @ERode, @RedShogunArmy

Well, that didn't last long at all. Nearly ready to use her semblance, Carmen dropped down into an offensive stance, relying on hand-to-hand should their assault continue. Then came a shout from above! A sickening crunch could be heard as Azalea's foot collides with the motel owner's face. Carmen's face showed shock but she felt a joy in the way Azalea crushed the fat pig's face -- he had it coming. Then she was lifted away with the bunny's face-vault. Carmen was plucked from the crowd of gathering men, now being tugged along by the 'little' faunus girl. "Th-Thanks!" she laughs lightly, this gave her some time to regenerate aura and prepare for the inevitable moment when they are caught.

Darkness would creep towards them, spawning from the hotel as the mob of men and their leader would give chase. There were far too many for the two to fight together or alone. A decision needed to be made, and fast. 'Run, run little mice...right into a dead-end trap...' Their feet would splish and splash in the puddles of water that laid in the potholes of the street. No one questioned why these two women were out and about, running in the middle of the morning...No one ever asked questions in a district of town run by gangs and rampant with crime. 'This is pointless, Carmen...You can dispose of them quickly and yet you don't. What are you afraid of?' Oh that voice, that damn voice...was laughing at her pathetic display. He was right, she could have but she was holding back. Why?

Carmen eventually rips her hand free from Azalea's and kept running beside her. "I told you to run. This is pointless! They're just going to chase both of us until we run into a dead end! So, are you going to do what you're told this time or resist?" This situation was dangerous, that much was clear. Perhaps the woman wanted to keep the supposedly sweet little girl away from the coming carnage...perhaps she just wanted some stress relief...maybe she was afraid of the Grimm getting out if she gets too into the fight. This was the largest group of humans she had fought at once. A challenge!

Setting/Location
Time - Evening
Weather - Clear
Location - Road to Zramore
Tags @Astros

As Medusa explained her actions through her lack of explanations and rather with an insight to how she'd created a way for them to track the two, Nick tilted his hat down with a sigh. "You know, I don't mind your methods if they produce results, however... That's usually the kind of plan you want to talk with me before doing it. It's not like they were immediately aggressive towards us, after all." Despite his words, he didn't much bother to look at the slithery lady, given she wasn't any interested in his words, as usual. As she walked away, his Aura moved around to return to him briefly, forming a small puddle of blood-hued water-looking element below him.

What followed after however, was the most surprising, causing him to chuckle in response. "I should teach you that lesson, given your inappropriate attitude. If you hadn't attacked them, we would have had a longer window for your... Analysis than that dumb approach." The agent said as he stared back at her with a grin veiled by the hat. "Besides, you know full well I didn't go for the Captain for her usefulness. My expectations of her meddling were spot-on, if I say so myself. Even then, there's nothing to worry about. You do things your way, Snake, I do mine." With that, his hand slowly moved towards the gun. "Unless you want a reminder of the fact you're still here just because of your usefulness." With yet another sigh, the puddle of Aura below him shifted and squirmed before various lines moved towards what remained of the Jeep they had before.

Although it had been cleanly cut in half, there was still a means to use it, if anything, for transport. The Aura lines connected with the vehicle to form a shell around the plate and iron. Eventually, the entire remains of the car were covered in this blood-hued material. Slowly, the remains were lifted from their place and pieced together, part by part, until it was entirely complete and working again. Dropping the vehicle in front of the two while his Aura was still connected to it, he motioned for Medusa to step in, with a small smirk across his face. "...I'll give you one thing, though... My Aura is indeed... Very versatile." With that, he hopped onto the Jeep as well, and it quickly started up as it was once.

~~~~~

It wasn't long before they were reaching Zramore, on the trail that Medusa had created. Given his free time, Nick had already contacted his superiors to inform them. Right now, Vacuo was informed not only of their presence, but also of the two "terrorists" within their territory. So long as collateral damage was kept to a minimum, Nick and Medusa were given free rein to their approach. "So... What do you have on those two? From the looks and feeling that I have from the Jeep, that guy's Semblance is probably some form of physical manipulation. His sword seems to have forced it's way through the jeep rather than cut it cleanly." Nick mused out loud as he drove the jeep. Staring through the mirror at the slithering woman in the back, he was more than curious to what knowledge she accrued.

Maybe if his luck looked up for once he'd manage to do things silently this time around. His partner rarely allowed him to, but this time one thing was clear... The two wouldn't need to rely on anyone else other than their own skills. Infiltrating the city was the first step, easy enough, but then after that, the next step would be to locate and capture the two. Negotiations weren't a choice anymore unless he managed to speak to them on his own, since Medusa was far too overzealous in overseeing their death rather than allowing them to live.

"This time around, no negotiations. We've already thrown out our chance to do so. You know what this means, right? You can do whatever you want, Medusa, so long as they're still alive by the end of it..." He told her with a small smirk and a tip of his hat.

Burgundy.png

Burgundy Silt

Mention: @Jessica2477 (Talking to)

“Yah I guess,” Burgundy let out, “I do need help some time to time like we need to repair things. I am no good at working the tarp or fixing bullets. I will try and do better for myself and the Caravan. More importantly you,” Burgundy went on.

“I don’t want to let you down again,” Burgundy stated. It was true. Inside she didn't want to hurt her relationship with her friend again. Even if she did overvalue her friendship, which seemed to be the case, Burgundy could lose everything failing herself not just Blanche.

She took another sip of her coffee it smelled like a so sweet and honey like. The cream made the brown haze viscus in its cup. “This places makes some good coffee” Burgundy complimented.

“How is the muffin?” Burgundy asked. Her finger pointed at it. She was actually a bit more hungry then she thought.

Setting/Location
Time - Mid-Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo --> Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @Karyra

It hadn't taken long for the two males to eventually finish the last of the sandwiches that were given to them by the woman; if only whoever had told her to do so would've said something so that Axel could thank them for their kindness at the very least and do something to repay them as well for the generosity. Though, since they did not wish to be noticed he also respected that; Axel understood the whole thought of not wanting to be known too well when trying to help others, it could easily attract unwanted trouble to a person when they only had wished to help without anything else to follow along on them in the end.
After wiping his own mouth with a napkin, the male made sure to slip his bandaged arm back underneath his cloak before pouring himself a small cup of the green tea that he had originally ordered to begin with. Taking small sips due to the drink still being as hot as it was, Axel had nearly spit out his drink when Phan had decided to speak up out of nowhere about how the two of them should talk about the 'Atlas business'. Allowing himself to swallow the tea he had in his mouth at the time before exhaling a low sigh and placing the cup back upon the round wooden table once more; the male only remained silent for the next few moments to debate whether it was wise to speak of Atlas in such a small confined area.

Taking a moment just to turn his head around the café as his gaze shifted from one person after another, it appeared as though all the patrons were minding their own conversations. Hoping that no one was paying mind to anyone else's conversations too much he would return his attention back onto Phan. "Yeah, I guess we should...You know as well as I do...considering they already came for us once...surely they'll come for us again. Not to mention...how did they find us? I mean, the Captain gave us the pass to enter one of those supply bunkers but I'm sure we checked that it wasn't still being used...Do you think we could be putting the city in danger by being here?" Questioning him as silently as he could without making it too much of a whisper, Axel took his gaze soon towards the window of the café just to take a look outside.

Even without the help from Atlas since the constant development of Zramore, there were families who appeared rather content with what they had. Not to mention, even if there weren't as many Faunus as there were in Menagerie, there were still many others who walked around outside along with humans side by side. Not to mention there also appeared to had been Hunters who were walking around as well without being forcibly rioted out of the city. The idea that Atlas might be barging into the city at any moment with their troops just to look for the two of them just to arrest them could break this whole peaceful scenery of what the city was.

Doran Kol

"I said more scummy, not less competent," Doran interjected at her mock threat. "I wouldn't count me an easy win, just cause I don't have access to fancy training, equipment or nice clothes."

The woman replied with some hostility to his comments, not entirely unexpected. People either found his personality amusing, or aggravating. With military types, he garnered it'd be the latter, easily. Regardless, Doran couldn't help but see the woman as having misunderstood him. Possibly she thought he spoke in a tone that inferred she was stupid or something, which was wrong. Well, she could be. Fuck if he knew. However that wasn't the intention of his speech. As far as he knew, she wasn't so much stupid, as foreign. She didn't understand the differences between Vale and Vacuo; and boy were there differences, he assumed. He had never actually been, but going off travelers, it was in a better spot than Vacuo. It wasn't exactly Atlas, but still, preferable to the desert in terms of comfort and safety.

"And coming here cloak and dagger would have been less conspicuous. There's plenty of thieves and pickpockets around. Mercenaries? Sure. Army? That's a bit more rare, and those that you do see aren't very popular," Doran corrected her. In most places, his type would be the kind that stands out. In Zramore though, he was just another face. "And I wouldn't joke about the pedo-van shit. Lotta urchins; happens more often than you think."

With that little bit of optimism, Doran's face shifted into a scowl before altering back into a sad smirk. "Good for you... you can take some bandits. But even if that meant you were safe on the road, it doesn't shit here. There are no bandits in here."

What she said next made him scoff in amusement, however. "What Grimm? I think we'd all know if there were Grimm in the city, Captain," He spoke her title with a hint of sarcasm and amusement, obviously not caring for the rank as much. Then again, who the hell in Vacuo gave a damn about Atlesian Military rank and file? "And as a matter of fact, I do enjoy it, but in case you're shy, you can call me Doran. Doran Kol."

Then there was the question of distance, which was no easy answer. "In the less shitty part of town, not far up now. And because, Juniper, this is what I do for a living, and I'm damn good at it. When people need some heads knocked, they pay me. And if anyone did try to rob me, well, they wouldn't have a very fun time."

Setting/Location
Morning
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo -Zramore
Tags - @EmperorsChosen

"I'm not sure how much you think the Army pays, but you'll likely be disappointed, a good number of Merchants in this city make more alone than all the Generals of Atlas combined." She says arching an eyebrow, that was Vacuo for you alright.. It would help matters if she just showed him one of her shell casings, though he didn't know she was a walking machinegun nest, that might prove valuable if what he was saying on the city was true.

"Yeah, I get the Army isn't popular here, but where was Vacuo when Vale was in need? Either way it's a big city and I'm not sure climbing into the 50th window wouldn't get me shot...and really? You would think with all the huntsmen around here some of them would bother with law enforcement."

Shaking her head, while Vale wasn't as rigid nor prosperous as Atlas, it also wasn't as cutthroat and free-for-all as Vacuo, while allies in the distant past, Vacuo in recent times seemed to have just turned isolationist, even towards it's own people, though at least the Faunus and Humans weren't at each others throats more than they otherwise would have been.. "Bandits, Grimm, whatever comes about, plus I'm a Ranger, this isn't exactly my habitat, I'm pretty sure I would stick out either way."

Course the conversation would only worsen, were all the people of this city like this? Flashing a bit of her temper the woman snarls under her breath before speaking up, shoving the cart with a bit more strength, not to harm him so much as hurry it along. "Look, I was dragged from my base, because I let two huntsmen go, one of those huntsmen tried to shoot me with a Nevermore feather and another person turned into a pile of snakes that looked a bit too Grimm, I ran across the woods and grassland, was followed by a Clown I'm sure is a serial killer and rode on the back of a work truck across the desert as I have a Duty to the people of Remnant! Now do you really want to tell me you would know if those bastards are inside one of us?"

Sighing, he doubted he would believe her tale, at times she didn't herself, either way it wasn't likely this talk would get either of them anywhere and she did have to help finishing up with this. "Doran Kol huh..yeah Handsome might be the better name." She says half mockingly.

"Up?...joy.. And you move boxes, kill or beat up people and track others down, sure you aren't a bounty hunter? Might get more work marketing under that, come up with a catchy slogan that you can market. Ah well if I can find anyone of importance to Atlas maybe I could get funds to hire you for this then...I want to capture them if possible, hear their side of it, they pull the same tricks..well that's where my part in all this can also help."

Setting/Location
Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Tags - @ERode @Nunali

"Run, run before you are done, done!" Laughing at the pair as they made their grizzly and inventive escape, she was already jumping over the balcony, watching the rabbit kill the building owner, she was an odd one alright, a very, very heavy odd one. Either way the situation had amused her, by passing her original objectives in being here, but if he didn't like it, well that was just too bad. Sadly the whole situation quickly unfolded into an absurd old world music video, the brave strapping young lad..err lass, grabbing the damsel by the hand and running through narrow streets, while angry men chased them, not having the presence of mind to form a volley line and gun them down right there in the alley... Good help was so hard to find.

Malach Roes was even getting in on the stupidity bringing out some huge sword, that his big, aging, balding self had no business swinging around in the first place. Why they made use of these fools at times was simply beyond her. Either way the natural order of people forming up single file with faster ones up front and slower ones at the back took shape, all the while the Redhead seemed to be keeping the Bunny safe from harm.

Smirking, she remembered this one.. They never met much, or anything more than in passing, but she had seen many of the test subjects from the window in her cell or from the observation rooms, and older woman..or was that so correct to say given her own age? Either way she was getting tired of that self sacrificing attitude, that lack of strength, what was her plan to stop them by dying, hoping they would give up and go away if she ran far enough? What a weak test subject, what made it all the better was she was running around as a lion guarding the sheep, when all she was guarding was a Wolf in sheepskin.

Either way, that was enough running, enough of such a picture book story. The beauty and the beast would be revealed, in this case two beasts that would lie and claim to be beauties. Picking up speed and jumping forward, the straitjacketed woman runs alongside the walls, using aura to aid her, jumping forward and using trashcans, ladder runs, even a clothesline, closing in rapidly to cut off the pair, grinning in a wide smile, the fox eared girl would put an end to further retreats.

Suddenly dropkicking into the rabbit by surprise, she takes her through a storefront window, leaving enough time for the other men to catch up bit by bit. Smiling at the Rabbit, as she looks around, it seemed they had landed inside of all things a Teahouse.
"My, my, my, my. You're late, you're late, so very late! Why you will miss your date!

With a Jump on his head, you made that poor man so very, very dead. Ahahaha, so which of you two are more the monster? Who is more the fraudster? Maybe it is we, mayhap all three?

Either way little rabbit, shall we jump about as a flea? Or shall we break the habit and talk over some tea? Its time for your Prince-cess in crimson armor to show if they belong in the dirt like a farmer."

For whatever reason the woman who radiated a sense of both muddling confusion and of dreamlike serenity had blocked their path and assaulted one of them, while not seemingly directly hunting them, she had presented an obstacle.. Though curiously it didn't seem she was one of Roes's people, simply stopping them as she wanted to force Carmen into a battle.

Either way the Bunny had went through that window far too easily and willingly. She hadn't kicked her that hard, and the fact she was just laying there after all of that.. While normally a sign of a dead or knocked out person, that self same girl had just literally took another woman by force, jumped with her as she caved a man's head in..

While Jyn was crazy, she wasn't stupid.. least stupid enough to just walk up to the rabbit faunus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nunali

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Light Clouds
Tags -
@Nunali @RedArmyShogun

“There’s more than thirty, and not all of them are just thugs!” Azalea shouted back in return, her legs jogging at a light enough pace that Carmen could keep up with. “You saw what some of them had, right? At least half of them are former Hunters, and you don’t have anything!”

A breath, a twitch of the ears. On that narrow path, with the cliff’s sheer drop on one side the shantytown on the other, Azalea turned, her eyes moist with withheld tears. “I don’t need anyone else to die for me, Ca-”

A bolt from the blue? No, there was nothing so blue about that faunus. With a terrible crash, Azalea flew through the streets, her body breaking through the exterior wall, splintering through a half dozen chairs and tables, before bouncing off an oaken counter and smashing into the glass cabinets and chipped china within. A second later, she fell down with a thud into a wreckage of her own making, unmoving.

Within the Teahouse, the prescence of the launched intruder and her assailant caused those within that humble teahouse to quickly file out, some quietly, some loudly. No one wanted to get involved, not in a situation like this.

Slowly, blood trickled down the side of Azalea’s face, pale white flesh dyed a black crimson.

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location -Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @happydeath
At the near spit take Phan couldn't help but feel mildly irritated. How was he supposed to put it? 'Remember that snake jeep? Yeah we should probably talk about that.' At least 'Atlas Business' could be explained away by saying that they were talking politics. Not wise, but also not painting them as criminals. What a pain.

"Well, I'm not sure how they found us, but she probably assumed we'd stop at a nearby shed. We did stop, and we did sleep for a bit. Not to mention there was a patrol nearby..."
Phan mused. "But that's not my question. Before, I tried to ask what you did to attract the attention of... our new friends. But you're twitchier than I am, and didn't respond. I know it's not my business... but I have to ask..."

He really hoped he was wrong. As far as he cared, Phan was the only person to ever walk out of that project. He never looked back. He was grateful that he couldn't remember most of it, because the parts he could... were horrible. And everything left gaping holes in his memory, which left even worse questions. Did he volunteer for it? Did he intentionally try to become this... thing?

"If they're after both of us, I want to know what you did. Quid pro quo, and all. You tell me, and if I believe it, I'll tell you why I think they're after me."

You should lie. Then let me kill him. Avoid all these questions and get right to the good parts. The killing!

Phan had almost forgotten his annoying voice in his head.

Come on... you can sense it can't you? The bandaged arm is not a hidden weapon, child. You saw the sword. And he still uses that hand, you are surely smarter than the rock you want to hide under.

"Plus, I may or may not have shot at that Captain lady... so... she might be pretty mad at me in particular."
Phan mumbled something close to 'itwastheheatofthemoment,I'msorry', and shifted in his seat. "Still, that was after her trying to capture us. So why would she flip so quickly?"

Spineless coward.

Doran Kol

"I think I can guess. Why do you think I didn't join up? Well... that among other reasons," Doran admitted with a sheepish chuckle.

One was a lack of trust, in the military or Atlas. It had been a long time since he placed his trust in other people in general, a group such as Atlas-funded armed forces ought to have motives, and he wasn't too sure they were as 'for the people' as they advocated. Second was the issue with authority, as the mercenary didn't much care for a life which was controlled and monitored by someone else. Third was—likely as they wouldn't have his smartassed charm on board.

"Being buried in sand and Grimm," He replied to her rhetorical question. "Vacuo has always held a survival of the fittest mentality... Short of Menagerie, people give a fuck about Faunus here least of all the other countries. Long as you pull your weight, people could care less about that, or at least they'll overlook it. People of Vacuo were too busy scrounging to save themselves to get organized enough to lend aid to someone else."

It was funny that Juniper mentioned huntsmen though. If there were any in Zramore, and likely there were, they didn't much advertise it. True huntsmen were rather wary of letting their profession be known. He supposed that any of the other sellswords in the country could classify as huntsmen as well, albeit for hire. They'd stab anything for some coin, Grimm weren't an exception. Doran himself could fall into that category as well.

"Yeah? You could call me a Huntsman too, for the right price," Doran remarked jokingly. "I don't know any actual Huntsmen... Well, least not anymore..."

With that said, his face once again shifted from the bemused smirk he wore, though he didn't let his speech drag and moved right on to the next topic, even if the last one seemingly stirred the wrong memories. Though perhaps that was just slight irritation from getting prodded with the wagon from behind.

"Nevermore feathers? Tha' hell are you on about, woman?" This Captain was a strange one, either crazy or delusional. Or, Doran just stumbled onto some weird Atlesian conspiracy. Another odd story to add to his reservoir. "Alright! Alright! Slow down! Gods... What are you talking about? What bastards and inside who?"

Maybe it was some weird semblance these huntsmen had that confused her. Doran's tended to have that affect on people, though no one had ever accused him of—whatever that was. Regardless, she earned a playful scoff with her next comment.

"Ah, so you agree huh?" It was jest, one which he went straight into and ignored questioning if that meant she actually thought he was handsome or that his name was just stupid. "Yeah, I am. I'm a lot of things depending on the pay. And, hey, if you have the lien, I can get these guys for ya'... but capturing is gonna cost extra."

He could predict that she would say something about the 'cost extra' part, but it wasn't so much out of selfishness and greed than hassle. Taking people in alive proves more troublesome as Doran has to watch himself and pull his punches whereas his marks are typically—less inclined. What makes it worse is these people the Captain is chasing are apparently huntsmen. If they are such in the traditional sense, then that upgrades them to an S-tier pain in the ass.

"That's the building up here, we can park it outside... I dunno where the girls want it, but hey, I got the damn thing back, my jobs done."

Setting/Location
Time - Near Noon
Weather - Clear
Location - Road To Zramore, Vacuo --> Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @Karyra

After giving his own opinion about the situation the two Huntsmen had to deal with when it came to Atlas, it wasn't until Phan brought up the same question that he had asked earlier on their way towards Zramore that Axel brought his attention away from the front display window of the café back onto him. For a moment, the cloaked male only kept silent as he debated on whether or not he should reveal the truth to the stranger; clearly enough the fact that the two of them being Huntsmen wasn't going to cut it and him revealing that he was a Faunus surely wasn't going to be enough of a reason for why Atlas was chasing after him. Eventually, he'd place his free hand over his bandaged arm underneath the cloak as he squeezed a firm grip onto it easily causing light amounts of pain to surge through his body due to the plain fact that it was Grimm and his body still rejecting it internally.

Soon enough, as the moments passed and Phan stating he'd also give the reason behind why he was being chased by Atlas as well. Axel only returned a sigh at first to respond, if he was going to gain any kind of trust from Phan traveling beside for at least the time being, maybe revealing the truth wouldn't be so bad since the two of them obviously weren't going to be traveling together forever. "Okay...Fine. Though, you must promise that you cannot tell this to anyone else. This stays between you and me." Attempting to keep his voice as silent as he could about the next few words that would leave his lips; right after speaking he would lift his arm out of the cloak once more, this time just to let it rest upon the table.

"I am not...exactly normal. Let's just say...I share a body with...another." As he explained his own situation, he clenched his right fist several times just in remembering what was underneath the bandages. "At least, that's my own belief as to why they're after me at the moment...For all I know, I believe Grimm are quite attracted to me...And I think they want to lock me up or silence me completely to avoid any possibilities of an invasion of Grimm."

<br /> Setting/Location
Time - Noonish (I think)
Weather - Clear
Location - Vacuo, cafe place thingy
Tags - @Verran @R-9 Pilot @happydeath @Karyra
"Bob", as he called himself without his mask on, had been walking the city for a while now. While he did not carry any time keeping device, his internal clock (and stomach) told him that it was almost lunch time. His nose caught a sweet scent which he eagerly followed to a cafe. Perhaps he could get inquire working here after getting something to eat. Entering inside, he quietly picked up a menu and seated himself at an open table. He read through the menu and, after picking out a pastry he would order, looked around the room as he waited for a waiter to arrive.

It was a rather nice place that gave off a warm atmosphere. It wasn't fancy but its humble appearance certainly had its charms. Its patrons were also quite friendly looking. Well, except for two whose appearance caused Bob's eye to wander over them a couple of time to confirm what he saw. He casually turned around to peek out the window. Yup, there was the bike, leaning outside the shop. He had somehow managed to find the bikers from the forest. He leaned back and shrugged to himself. Vacuo might be smaller than he thought.

Spotting a dark haired woman who he assumed was a waiter, Bob raised a hand, signalling that he was ready to order. He'd also take the opportunity to ask if the store had any need of another worker.

Setting/Location
Noonish
Weather - Clear
Location -Vacuo -Zramore
Tags - @EmperorsChosen

"Let's just say I tend to know them by sight." Ramming him again with the cart as they went on, as a result of him questioning her Sanity. "Opps. This is a heavy Wagon, even if it's going up hill." Listening to the rest of what he had to say, she smirks with a chuckle at his later remark. "Let's just say better than most worse than some Mister Handsome, though at least your name isn't Flynt Kol, that would be really stupid."

Pausing a bit to think over his offer and the situation she had now found herself in, listening to his remarks about just leaving the cart where it was she gave a frown and a sigh. "Come on Mercenary, I don't know much about Zramore, that's true, but your work depends on reputation, let's at least put these boxes some place where you won't need to be hired a second time, then we can talk more about this job..now let's see.."

Searching the location for the next few minutes, Juniper didn't much like the fact the employer didn't seem to arrange for this, she wasn't even in the store.. Luckily and with a bit of physical force she had made her way into the storeroom for the building, as the pair brought the crates in she explained the events of the day. "Like I said, I was letting the pair escape, every huntsman on the road is twenty less Grimm. Either way two agents, and how they know, well that I don't know came for a visit and-" Carrying on with the story the boxes were stowed in the storage area relatively quickly as the Captain reaches into her baggy pants with her free hand, showing him her scroll.

Among it was her rank, name, position within the Rangers and her years of service. "I know what Grimm look like, more so those attacks, I've fended them off and lost too many men to not know. But I don't know about this and I want answers, if I can't get answers then I want to see if they are some sort of Grimm threat. And if they are a threat to the people of Remnant.."

Suddenly a harshness that was at odds with the woman's normally smiling face appeared, a look of determination, of military discipline and sternness... The rest hardly needed to be said. "Either way, I'm afraid can't pay you much, at least not now, if I can contact command the Lien wouldn't be a problem, I know the names of the two men and what they look like, until all of this I had given them safe passage.. I don't want to be here, but I can't let harm happen to Zramore, you said Vacuo was the survival of the fittest, what good is strength if we cannot protect anything or anyone..? I won't stand by and let those twenty years happen again."

With a hint of her golden aura shinning in her right hand, the woman releases it before smiling, it didn't seem to be on purpose so much as out of righteousness. The man was right, she was out of place here, but in these days and ages a person like her likely stood out no matter where they were, that shinning light of the righteous.

"So Mister Kol, I can pay you a little upfront and the rest you'll have to count on honor, finding me a long range Radio or following me to the border of Vale. I want to have a talk with these two before my..allies show up if I can, if they resist or show any sign of what I seen before, well I'm not about to give you difficult orders. Also don't stand in front of me, it'll end badly for you if I have to fire."

Reaching back into her pockets the woman pulls out one of her .50 Dust rounds, whatever that green box she carried was, it seemed to make use of that and also explained why she wasn't interested in the stores Ammunition, unless they sold more than small arms munitions it was highly unlikely they would have bullets for a crew served weapon. Showing him the round she wanted to make it clear this wasn't some boast or attempt to show she was better, it was likely her weapon would went through him and the next three houses if he didn't have a strong enough aura or ability to defend.

"Either way, I think I can spare a bodyguard wage.. And if both men aren't here or cooperate with my questions, I'll just leave, I'm not interested in arresting huntsmen. Either way you still get paid. For now all I can offer is two thousand, if you don't want to accept that, then I'll give you 500 to take me to someone that will."

Setting/Location
Time - Noonish
Location - Zramore, Vacuo - Cafe Kyrie
Tags - @jeshem

The unassuming young man waved Chro down, and she arrived shortly to take his order. It was perhaps a bit of a busier day than usual, with more new faces than regulars. Not that it was so busy that she was run ragged. "Hello. May I take your order?"

When he also inquired about a job, Chro stopped for a moment to think before answering. "You mean here," she asked. "Or just in general? If you mean, here, I'm the one you want to talk to." She warmed up with another smile. "I'm Chro, and I kind of own this cafe. And do everything else. I'd say you could take an application, but I haven't exactly made any." She hadn't exactly needed any help, yet. "Unless you can brew coffee, cook, or want to wait tables, I'm not sure I have much to offer, to be honest."

"There's plenty of work you can find around town, though, so I might be able to point you somewhere better if you've got a more unusual set of talents." She wasn't exactly a fixer or anything, but she knew people as well as anyone else did. So she could probably at least put in a good word and send the man along to someone who could make good use of him. Zramore didn't exactly have a jobs quarterly floating around to look through, at least as far as she knew.

Doran Kol

This woman was a piece of work. Aside from using the wagon as a stick to prod him along with, she was a massive smartass and could switch between that and seemingly having a pole up her ass like a typical soldier at the drop of a hat. Doran, however, was still the indefinite champion of smartass.

"Eh... talk shit all you want, I think you just want an excuse to call me handsome," He mocked in turn, as he parked the cart. She made a good point, assuming he would've just dropped it off and left it there. "Well I'm not gonna-"

But—it was too late. The Captain had already improvised a skeleton key, causing Doran to sigh. That was not going to come out of his pay. Regardless, the door was now open, no point in not unloading the cart in the shop where it wouldn't be jacked again.

"A Huntsman sympathizer... how did you get your job again?" Most people seemed to fear huntsmen—for whatever reason. Doran never really understood it. To him, the superstition of huntsmen bringing bad luck was like religion or those old fairy-tales. Then again, Grimm follow negative emotions, so if everyone's freaked out by huntsmen and one rolls into town, he supposed the huntsman did attract the Grimm in some ridiculously roundabout way. "Ya keep mentioning these agents... what're they, spies or something?"

If they were going to unload the cargo, might as well keep up conversation with it, besides, it wasn't every day that Doran could get some free intel on Atlas military movements, even if the sound of agents sounded kind of stupid. Were they going to roll up in a suit and shades too? However, he might have bit off more than he could chew with that conversation as it quickly led into a spiel about righteousness and duty, or at least the woman's idea of it. It was a nice speech. It gave the impression the woman actually was somewhat selfless and considerate of others—but she was much too late if she believed that mentality would connect with him now. Once, it had. Unfortunately, any good will he shared was typically spit back in his face, leading to his current distrusting and rather selfish disposition. The world was always so keen to cry for help when they were desperate, but when you might need it? You'll often be left to rot.

"Strength... ain't always enough, Garnet." Doran face went solemn after they completed unloading, and after her little speech. "The idea of, 'I'm going to protect everyone!' is a generous statement, too generous for this place, but ya' can't just expect to act as everyone's shield. Or you could, but it sure as hell ain't worth it."

He learned that all too well. Much as Doran was confident in his abilities, there was always someone stronger. The sentiment of protecting everyone was naive; it didn't work. Most huntsmen had learned that it just wasn't worth it, especially when you get bile in return for your efforts.

"Regardless... if you need an escort, I can do that. But know that that ain't gonna cover me tracking them down for you; I'll be making sure your heroic soul doesn't get killed, that is, unless you can get in contact with your little military friends and get some more," Doran estimated, pairing with it a little joke. "Hell, if they can shoot feathers out of their ass, I might even give you a discount."

"So... if you're fine with that, gimme a description. How they look, and what to watch for in case things turn ugly, and we can get started."

Setting/Location
Time - Morning
Weather - Clear
Location -Zramore ; Café Kyrie
Tags - @happydeath
The silence stretched on. Phan wondered if he'd pressed too hard. Even offering his own secret was a bit much. He probably shouldn't have said that. He really was just a fool, wasn't he? He would probably be vulnerable soon, leaving him open to being stabbed right here and now. Alabaster would be so disappointed him.

At last, Axel spoke up again, making Phan promise. Who was he going to sell Axel out to? Atlas? Well that'd go over as well as a lead balloon. Phan wasn't about even think about dealing with Atlas again. He hated snakes.

Axel explained it poorly, but Phan caught on quickly. It was easy when Phan was in a similar situation. Did this guy remember? Was he lying? Phan wasn't sure. The bandages in themselves were pretty clear indicators of something going on behind them... but if Phan just said it, he'd be in trouble. Especially if this guy was a con man.

Phan sat back in his chair. "That wasn't the clearest explanation..." he said. "But I might understand."

Truth it was.

"Let's start with a basic explanation of my semblance." Phan said. He held his breath and then waved his hand through the table. It was casual enough that it might not attract the eye. "Let's just say I'm kinda hard to hold on to. Which is a huge problem for Atlas. I kinda got away from them a while ago. I wasn't arrested or anything, but they sorta... well they don't like it that I'm walking around as-is. They're probably afraid of the same thing happening with me that they are afraid of happening with you."

Phan was probably going to reveal more than Axel in this little explanation, but it'd be worth it if he could confirm this. Phan wasn't sure about so much of what happened... if someone knew anything that he didn't... then it'd be worth showing his hand a little. Besides, what was this guy going to do?