Ģરίɱɱ ώλરȘ (OC RWBY RP)(Still Accepting; ignore post count of roleplay please.)

happymech99

Broken But Never Forgotten
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Monday Through Friday 3:00PM to 11:00PM EST. Saturday & Sunday 6AM to 1AM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Post apocalypse

6VdMjdP.jpg

Within the world of Remnant, it has always been known there are things that can be explained, things that can be accepted, things that can't be and others that are debated on. Each kingdom does things differently and this is one of the things that has been accepted amongst the citizens, each kingdom dealing with their own set of problems. This includes the disappearance of Dust from Dust shops all across Remnant. Causing Dust to go through the roof. While it is believed to be known who is causing all of this, no one is able to locate the person. But this isn't the only issue, another issue is the Grimm. Monsters who have been fighting against humans and Faunus for as long as anyone could remember. As far as anyone knows, there are many different types of Grimm, but only a few have names and have been reported for some of the abilities they can do. However, the Grimm are still an enigma and the current kingdoms don't like that. Wanting to solve the Grimm problem as well as the Dust disappearance, a special project which had been resurrected after being abandoned decades before.

A project involving only the highest of military officers as well as Dust manufacturers. The project was given the proper name...Project Grimm. Nothing has really been said about this project, just it has something to do with Grimm, humans, Faunus, and injections. While there have been many failures, there have been a handful of successes, but they have been placed under heavy medicated comas. These beings were named Aura Grimm, mainly because they are considered the first creatures of Grimm to use Aura. Sadly, even with the most sophisticated technology and soldiers watching the patients every move. Some still managed to escape and have been living on the streets or living out with the other creatures of Grimm.

Years after the project was supposedly said to come to a halt because of the escaped patients causing an uproar within the facility where everything was being done. A number of Grimm had started to rise at an uncontrollable manner, creatures of Grimm that have never been seen before started to go on a rampage; the four schools were immediately attacked by waves upon waves of Grimm that even the teachers and headmasters were quickly overwhelmed. Eventually, the schools came crumbling down; some students were unable to escape the fighting but those who were able to escape thanks to the help of the teachers and headmasters now wander the land.

Many students during the attacks had come into witness the sight of how some of their own classmates were actually using powers of Grimm and have either come to hate or accept their classmates to work with them. Others who were able to escape have either given up their lives as Hunters and Huntresses after the death they witnessed while others plan to take back Remnant from the Grimm one creature at a time.

Years passed and present day has now come about the land of Remnant, nowadays the ordinary civilians show both fear and distrust to Hunters and Huntresses; believing it was their fault to this day as to why there are so many Grimm all around and the attacks becoming almost constant on any village or town. The only trust people put in nowadays is the military of Atlas, whenever the sight of a Hunter or Huntress comes about they are normally shunned and at times even run out of towns in riots all because of fear of Grimm possibly being attracted to them. All Hunters can do at this point is just remain in hiding and help from the shadows to protect the world from the Grimm as much as they possibly can all while attempting to find the truth behind who started the project all those years ago that caused so many Grimm to appear.

Reactions: Rebornfan120
-Putting my interest here-

Reactions: happymech99
Hah, nice. Already got one person? Honestly didn't expect to get anyone interested until at least tomorrow or so.

Not complaining though.

@Jessica2477 Welcome aboard!

Cool, a RWBY rp! Interested, and I assume our characters will be taking place as the shunned hunters?

@EmperorsChosen
That will be completely up to you what your character wishes to be honestly. You can be a shunned hunter/huntress, or a member of authority from Atlas.

Sounds interesting! I’ll keep an eye out, if you choose to go ahead with this.

@Shiki
Awesome. Thank you for your interest, if enough people become interested I will start to make a bit more progress onto making the threads for it.

Mark me interested.

@Karyra
Awesome! Welcome aboard and thank you for the interest!

-

If one more person joins I shall start to work on making the actual threads.

@MYTH*
Awesome! Welcome aboard and thank you for the interest!

--
Hoping to get one more person, but either way. I shall start the progression of making the thread sometime today.
Curious but does anyone believe making an ooc thread or making a discord channel would be better for out of character chat?

I have some interest. Which is possibly odd, as I don't really know a lot about RWBY, so if there's a pretty large expectation on fan knowledge, I may not work very well. Not that I don't do research of some sort to not be a complete idiot.

As for my two cents, discord can be better for general chatting, but a thread is better for collecting important information and announcements in a format that's easily accessed. So there's some argument for both. Personally, I tend not to be active in many discord channels, so I'd prefer a thread.

@R-9 Pilot
There wont be a need for a whole lot of knowledge for the show to be apart of the roleplay due to it being taking place in a somewhat alternate universe with very few actual canon characters but everyone will be only playing as oc. I will be making a lore thread anyway just to point out some bits of pieces of information for those who dont know some things while some other stuff can either be researched or asked and i can help answer to the best of my ability.

The lore section will consist of what a huntsman and huntress is, what semblance is, grimm, the different regions, weapons and dust along with a few other things.

I'd say keep general announcements and plot related things to a thread, or have them delegated to a specific discord sub-server. My activity in discord ooc's varies, but it does usually keep people talking better than a thread does, which tends to keep RP's lasting a bit longer. I can do either, up to the preference of others.

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
That lore section sounds like a solid thing, all right. It's probably also useful for pointing out how the setting is different from the presentation in the show. Web series? Whatever we should call it.

I do have a couple character ideas at least.

@happydeath I've had people start up interest checks and after 20 people stated interest, didn't do or say anything for a month, you're good lol. I'll get on the character making.

• Haha
@EmperorsChosen
Yeahh..i know that feeling. I was worried about that happening.

So for those of you who do not know much about RWBY, I have added the lore section. Here ya go. Read up on it if you'd like to know more.

Link Here

Reactions: EmperorsChosen