GAIA: Superpowered Fantasy Epic RP

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster

The World of Gaia

4b063fba0708d7e006cd04bbcc6916f1.jpg

There was a time when Gaia was unified under one civilization. A time past in the days of the gods and the virgin lifekind. In its existence, the birth of many great men, and beasts, and accomplishments alike. Since the beginning of causality, the Hexlords have ruled and oversaw Gaia with a willed compassion. Otherwise known as the Six Gods of Creation, they were sole beings in the realm before the dawn of man and beast were conceived. They created all we know, and the way of life we have come to know in this day and age. Our ancestors greeted them with a humility and love that could not be broken. Life... life was good. The realm was at unconditional peace. Until all that light became unbalanced, and it was given its first siege of darkness. The Hexlords had created another entity of divine essence, one to charge over the affairs of the mortalkind and not have them falter from peace. But this entity became tainted and fascinated by the whims of mortals. It began to feed off of their life essence as opposed to protecting and sanctifying it. Through its corruption, came the assimilation of the soul. Where once great Kings, Warriors, and Pioneers once roamed, they became tarnished into Tyrants, Murderers, Adulterers, and Destroyers. Mortals began to pray to The Entity as opposed to the Six, and for those who were corrupted into sin, The Six saw that they were under control of forces greater than them. A force The Six created. So it was with the unbridled power of The Six that a huge boom was cast across the sky, parting the earth in a hard wave of energy that seized The Entity and banished it to a realm unknown and incomprehensible to mortalkind. It vowed in wrath that one moment in eternity it would arise again and seek to bring levity to the realms. Life celebrated the saviors from above in the cosmos... but The Six would see something detrimental. All life on Gaia continued to be flawed, man and beast fighting for dominion over the other, lust filled the lands in dark matrimony, and the power of greed and anger lead to the destruction of nature and even life itself. The mortals were broken. So The Six realized their pure and perfect thing had been stolen by their creation. The Entity had already taken what was most precious. In one fair moment in time, The Hexlords vanished to the heavens, never to directly interfere with mortalkind again. As the sin and folly of man and beast continued, regimes and dynasties lead to the Impartment, the separation of Gaia into 5 distinct provinces: Stonehaven, Oaktown, Waterwick, Millcastle, and Fairgate. All ruled by different regimes and dynasties. All vying for absolution.

But something was coming to Gaia, something dark. Something potent and powerful, and once it hit, the entire history and life as known on the planet will be changed forever. An event known as The Catalyst was being foretold by elders and followers of the Ancient ways. No one knew what it was exactly, and no one believed it. But in every myth, there is truth. And this truth was about to come to light, or more aptly... darkness. The rise of a new universe was coming. And in it, those that would become extraordinary.

What they would choose to do, was their destiny.

This is a non-conventional superpower RP with a high fantasy twist to it. Think Skyrim but in an original, and superpowered universe. The lore will be further expanded on in the extra pages I create, but I just wanted to set up a general premise to see if it'd be enough to grab the interest of people who might want to RP something like this. I will have human based races like mankind, elven, etc and there will also be the possibility of orcs and like beasts. People are free to create origin stories from their characters how they see fit, for instance one powered character could have gained abilities from The Catalyst event, while another character could have innate powers from being demi-god (<- strict rules for these types of characters). The ability to adapt in open possibilities for the universe will be available as well (Example: If someone is to get Technology based powers the character could create guns and vehicles in a world of swords and horses). Which leads to the other twist: anyone interested in the RP will have their abilities based on a power they would LIKE to have, mixed with a random power. The ability selection process will be unique, in that you select an ability you'd want/prefer, I randomize an ability, and from there the two abilities will be mixed for your characters' superpower. I do this to eliminate the risk of people being OP or godmod worthy with powers while compromising with them to at least give them an aspect of their desired power. ( *Note that getting one power could have many applications that grants other abilities and secondary powers as well, like THIS!! )

(Your preferred power + Random Power = Your True Power)

EXAMPLE:

(You said 'Electrokinesis' + I randomized and got Sky Control = Weather Manipulation / Lightning Manipulation

• Sometimes mixes can provide more than one choice. I use this process to prevent people from being too OP while offering a related balance to their power. Keeps things fresh and exciting!
full
I will not take special requests for specific or pre-thought powers.

If you have any questions about races, lore, or anything like that feel free to ask! If this gets enough interest I'll work on the Lore page and have it up rather quickly. Alright, if interested then feel free to drop a post! :]

* IF YOU'RE NOT A LONG TERM COMMIT, AND DON'T VALUE PLOT AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, TURN BACK NOW. *

POWER TIER SYSTEM FOR CATEGORIZING POWER LEVELS OF CHARACTERS HERE.

• Love
Reactions: Justin and Majem
I like this

I really like the semi-randomized power system!

This looks fun. Got a room for one more?

Acceptable races?

This is right up my alley, I'll keep an eye out for this for sure!

Hey~hey~!!

Interested. The current superhero with fantasy races RP I'm in is dead x,x!!

But anyways... Regular rundown!

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is there dice/stats use?
~Are the RPers in a traditional 2-sided 'Group vs. Baddies' or is it more like 'Free Roam and Multi-Sided Conflicts'?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Im interested in this if its still active.

Hmm...dunno if this is still potentially happening but I'm super interested if it is.