2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, in February of 2017 there was a ridiculous fundraiser that did extremely well. One of the fun prizes for that fundraiser was that I would write a book-sized story with Iwaku people as the character inspiration, with anyone who donated $10 or more getting a guaranteed major role in said story. The first chapter (and previously posted prologue) can now be found in the thread linked in huge text below!

This thread will be for discussion of anything related to the story. You can ask me questions and propose theories and whatnot, but I can't promise I'll answer anything because I don't want to give spoilers. You'll find a list of the characters and which members of Iwaku they are based on in the first post of the story thread under the table of contents, so if you ask who a character is supposed to be I might have to throttle you for being silly. :D

As of April 25th, there's also a Discord server for chatting about Götterdämmerung! Click the link to join, read the rules, and have fun talking about how great I am. 8D

Last edited:
Kitti's thoughts so far:
Please stop touching the Kitti. That is all. Thank you.

Kaga is now a magical apprentice. :jump:

Let's hope I don't go the Mickey Mouse route and screw it all up by short-sightedly giving sentience to a broom.

Oh, I forgot to mention this, @Jorick, but I approve of Allie's skull-cracking.

Kitti's thoughts so far:
Please stop touching the Kitti. That is all. Thank you.
I like the irony in that she doesn't want to be touched, yet everyone's telling her that she needs a hug, which requires touching.
C37vcKCVMAAqDvC.png

what's the truth, kitti?

We sayin, there's ONE. CERTAIN. PERSON. Who needs to keep his damn hands off THANKS. We shall all hug-protect the Kitti.

We sayin, there's ONE. CERTAIN. PERSON. Who needs to keep his damn hands off THANKS. We shall all hug-protect the Kitti.
Aye o_o

Kitti must be protected from ickiness.

*sends out a shield of green*

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Joan
Only one, you say? I suppose that means that you have no qualms with me approaching her then? Heheheheheh....

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jorick
Hi there, long time no update. The short version is I had extremely ambitious goals for the next chapter, then I decided for the sake of flow and organization I probably shouldn't do a ~40k word chapter and should instead chop it into two and release them in the same time... but then I got sick and was totally out of it for most of July. Initially I intended to make you guys all wait until both chapters 7 and 8 were done before putting out anything new, but after the excessive wait caused by sickness and such I decided to go ahead and throw out 7 right now since I just finished it. This change of plans means those three donating folks who were left to be introduced are still going to be waiting rather than being in this next chapter as planned. Sorry folks, you're all absolutely without a doubt showing up in chapter 8! If the promise somehow manages to fall through a second time, I think you'll be within your legal rights to gut me or something.

Anyway, here's a link to the gargantuan chapter 7. It's a little over 4k words longer than the previous longest chapter. Enjoy.

Oh, and there was only one new character introduced in this chapter: @Joan! I needed a person for some things and you're the only one hanging out in the Discord server who isn't in the story or assured a spot via donation, so I figured why the heck not throw you in. 8D

Love the story so far! Always love a good battle. Also the way pahn gets her revenge/justice on the lady of chaos was great. Cant wait for more!

(Is hoping a certain ghost gets some facetime butthatsjustmebeingselfish)

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Greenie
Irony is that I said Joan should have a role in the story on the original poll thingy. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Thank You
Reactions: Joan and Greenie
Okay, it took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too damn long, but Chapter 8 is up. I hope, but cannot promise, that 9 will get done quicker than this one. XD

Chapter 8 can be read here. Fun fact: it's slightly larger than the previous chapter, making it the largest yet. That may or may not have something to do with the long time it took to write. Enjoy.

Oh, and I finally got the characters for all the people who donated $10 or more to the February Fundraiser introduced in the story, plus one extra new character as well. Below is the list of new characters from this chapter.

Rissa - @rissa
Apple - @Applo
The turtle (trust me, you'll know what I mean once you read) - @Turtle Knight
Rose - @Rosedrachen

Oh hey, I was right, I got this one done much quicker than Chapter 8. If I keep on this pace I can finish by the end of the year. :o

Chapter 9 - Waiting For The World To End can be read here. The fun fact for this chapter is that the conversation in the second to last scene is something I've been looking forward to writing since before I started on the first chapter. It was something I've had rolling around in my mind since shortly after writing the prologue, so it's nice to finally get it out of there so it'll stop harassing me to be written.

No new characters this time! Instead I'll leave you with almost useless teasers in the form of the names of the final two chapters to come.

Chapter 10 - The Twilight of the Gods
Chapter 11 - Judgment Day

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
oh no! It's almost over!
;-;

Oh hey, I did it in under a month again, neato.

There was a minor change in plans. I was aaaaaaalmost done with Chapter 10, but then it was huge and had horrible pacing (even worse than the norm thus far, which says a lot). I decided to chop it in half because there was a fantastic end point pretty much right in the middle.

Basically what that means is there's one chapter done right now, the newly named Chapter 10 - Dead Men, and then once I finish the rest tomorrow or over the weekend you'll get Chapter 11 - The Twilight of the Gods. Final chapter, now 12, is still named Judgment Day because reasons. Same shenanigans and nonsense that was always planned, just chopped up into smaller bits. Enjoy.

Oh yeah, and no new characters. There will probably not be any more new characters at all for the rest of the story.

And here's the completed other half of what was going to be one chapter: Chapter 11 - The Twilight of the Gods

Would've been a monstrosity of over 30k words if I hadn't split them. The final chapter could easily get that big, and I will not be splitting it no matter how bloated the fucker gets. Barring severe illness or something, I will definitely be done before the end of the year. Hopefully before the end of November, but no promises. 8D

IT IS DONE!

Chapter 12 - Judgment Day is posted. There's also an epilogue after it, because I'm a masochist and just couldn't help pushing to write even more stuff I guess. What's 4k more words on top of everything else, right?

In total, including the extras, Götterdämmerung is 233,683 words long. That's at least two novels worth of words. I'm both impressed and disgusted with myself for going so far with this. At least the donators got their money's worth, hahaha.

Thanks everyone who donated to make it happen, and thanks as well to those who've been reading along and keeping the hype train rolling that kept me motivated to write. Feel free to lavish me with praise for my work in this thread. Or wherever. I'll take it where I can get it. 8D