Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Ω Angel Ω, @Impudimp, @Mundane Monster Mentions: N/A​

Comic boy didn't seem to react well to Mayra's concerns. As he stumbled through his response, she realized just what the problem was. She probably intimidated the poor boy. Chuckling a bit to hopefully alleviate some of the awkwardness and hide her uncomfortableness, Mayra rubbed the back of her neck. "Ah, well I'm glad you're okay! I guess I am pretty tall. You could say I'm kind of a... a..." Oh no. Oh God. Why was this happening? "Um... I'm a..." Mayra bit her lip and mumbled under her breath, "Ah, qué es la palabra? No sé..." Of course! Of course just when she needed it she forgot the word! She could remember exactly what word she needed in Spanish. Tallo de frijol. Now if only she could remember what that was in English! Seeing that her stuttering was just dragging things along, she lamely finished, "... a tall plant." She was about to resign herself to awkwardly standing with the smaller boy when someone came to her rescue.

Mayra almost visibly sagged with relief, smiling at the friendly face. The boy was almost as tall as her, which made her feel just a bit better about her giraffe height. He had a very open and friendly demeanor that would hopefully help calm comic boy. "Ah, something like that." She responded, slowly edging herself away from the conversation. "My name's Mayra. It's nice to meet you, Abe." With that, Mayra was about to just go ahead and slip off somewhere else when they were told to check their id's. Grabbing the blank card from her pocket, Mayra saw the purple flower and followed the upperclassman waving them to their homeroom. Pulling her gloves farther up her wrists and adjusting her collar, the frizzy haired girl got ready to face whatever awkwardness the first day of classes brought. Gazing over the group, she found Abe and comic boy also walking in her group. Did this mean they had classes together? That'd be... she wasn't sure what to think. Good? Probably.

Soon enough, they were in front of a classroom. The lack of teacher made it clear that the students were free to mingle and make friends. Sighing, Mayra hoisted her backpack higher up her shoulder and started to try and claim a desk... only to nearly bowl over some poor person she hadn't been looking for. "Ah! Perdón, perdón..." She responded on autopilot, backing up to take in whoever she had almost toppled. A girl stood only a few inches taller than comic boy with blue tipped hair and pretty brown eyes. As soon as the observations struck, Mayra tensed a bit. Oh. Oh no. This girl's cute. This girl's really cute. Mayra rounded on her apologies once again, trying not to make herself look like even more of an idiot than she already did. "Ah, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you like that! I really need to pay better attention. Ah, are you okay? You're not hurt or anything? I really like your hair. It's really pretty." The words slipped out before Mayra could stop them. She flushed, her cheeks burning as she fidgeted. So she had failed at looking less like an idiot. At the very least she knew she wouldn't have to deal with it long. Realizing she should probably introduce herself, Mayra held out a gloved hand. "Um, I'm Mayra. Mayra Ruiz. I'm sorry for nearly plowing you over like that."

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
SAM:

Sam took in a tight breath as Mayra attempted to explain her height. Hearing her rattle off a bit of Spanish only made him feel like more of an inconvenience. Here she was, trying to be friendly on the first day of school, and he couldn't even reciprocate correctly. Seeing the relief cross over Mayra's face as Abe came and picked up some of the conversational slack only caused Sam's shoulders to tense further. Maybe he could just say thanks or something, then get out of there.

But no. Abe had to be just as huge. Once again, Sam had to strain his neck to get a look at the southern boulder with legs. Abs. Abs abs abs. Holy cow, I'm a cricket to this guy. He could actually, physically step on me. I think he'd break a few bones! ...He's got an accent too. That's cool. He thought, his mouth agape. Before he could really get anything out, Mayra left the awkward triangle they all made. Sam reflexively reached out, remembering he never introduced himself, and coughed out a quick, "S-Sam!" before immediately drawing his hand back to his chest and returning his gaze about midway up Abe's body.

"Uh...'m Sam." He began again, giving the cowboy a bit of a shifty elevator-eye. Mayra might have been tall, but at least he could see around her. This guy...well, this guy was this guy. Sam leaned to the left, then to the right, making sure he wasn't being left out of any group travels, before once again looking back to Abe. Reaching up to rub his lip, he was unpleasantly shocked to find his mouth still wide open, so Sam snapped it shut and, yet again, looked down at his shoes.

Okay, so the first time was a bomb. What can I say to this guy. Abe. Abe is short for something, right? How'd you get so strong? N-No, that's assumptive...um, where did you come from? Let's see...

"My name's...wait, n-no, I mean, your name i-is long...erm, long for something? A-And I'm not s-strong, so...wait, that's not-" Sam had to cut himself off mid stream-of-consciousness before he could make the same mistake he did with Mayra. After giving his face a couple of recuperatory slaps, he faced up to Abe yet again and opened his mouth to speak, but the upperclassmen interrupted at that time. Sam took an audible breath of relief, and began walking without even thinking about it, though not without taking one last look at Abe's shoes. Wonder if he's with us... He thought before returning his eyes to the ground.

Aside from bumping into the upperclassman's massive hand during the tour around school, which shocked Sam more than it should have, the trip to class didn't go too bad. Then again, Sam had been thinking to himself the whole way. He could only hope nobody was trying to get his attention. Feeling rude, he took a brief look around to see if he recognized anyone. Mayra was already talking to someone newer. Probably cooler, too... Sam shook the thought away and continued his search. Abe's face was clearly visible in the small crowd too, which brought a bit of a smile to Sam's face. Familiar faces were always good ones. Of course he then realized he was smiling, and, thinking that it might have seemed like an open invitation for someone to talk to him again, ran into the class as fast as possible.

One, two, three...one, two, three... Sam counted out the desks from the front of the class, going column by column, then row by row, until he found his spot: The third seat, just close enough to hear, but just far enough to stay out of trouble. Not too far to seem like an outcast, but not too close to look like a teacher's pet. At least he remembered this bit of self-taught advice from his old school days, so he set his things down, then set himself down, and began to pluck at his nails out of habit. ...I'll need to cut 'em soon. Dang.

Interactions: Mayra - @The Writing Owl , Abe - @Impudimp

Mentions: Will - @Mundane Monster

Last edited:
jz31tIv.png

Interactions: @The Writing Owl
Will gazed at her ID picture with a grin that mirrored the one in the actual photo and quickly shoved the ID in her pocket. She'd only had to use one attempt which was rare because usually she had to do at least five retakes for the best picture. Maybe being at cloud school made her better at selfies. She snickered to herself at her own joke then tuned into what the upperclassmen next to the principal. Digging her ID out of her pocket, she noticed the purple flower appear just as the upperclassmen increased the size of his hand to get their attention. Will's eye's locked on to the limb and a pang of curiosity shot through her. Could he enlarge his whole body? Was he like her dad, who could turn into a giant? Or was he like her, who could only make a giant hand? She wanted to inquire about his powers, but she also wanted to know about the school's layout so she focused on that instead. When the tour was over the student left them at their homeroom and Will completely blanked on asking him about his powers. "Eh, well, maybe next time." She said to herself as she sauntered into the room, trying to decide where she wanted to sit.

Front row seating meant definite teacher attention, which she did not want in the slightest. Back row seating meant she'd be with the distracting loud mouth kids, who were often funny but not good if you actually wanted to hear the lesson. So it looked like mid--Will stumbled forward as someone bumped into her back. At the girl's numerous apologies, Will grinned. "Hey, it's no biggie! I like engaging in human pinball every once in a while! And thanks! I like your freckles." She chirped, smile not wavering from her face. "Nice to meet you Mayra, I'm Wilhelmina, but everyone calls me Will."

[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
~Yuliya Markov~
Mentions: Wilhelmina Washington @Mundane Monster, Cora Kitonobe @IceQueen, Rei Arias @xLarius, Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω
Interactions: @everyone

The warp pad whirred to life, emitting a white beam of light. The beam pulsed once, and a woman materialized into view. After another minute, the light turned off and the woman stepped down from the warp pad, smoothing the creases on her white, flower-printed skirt.

A small scanner beeped, instructions displayed on the screen above telling her to swipe her teacher’s ID.

“Good morning, Ms. Yuliya Markov!” the machine greeted. A panel on the wall slid open, revealed numerous mailboxes with names printed underneath. A box with her name popped out, the flap opening to show a large stack of paper booklets inside.

Yuliya pulled out the stack, wondering why she was getting more than just her usual attendance sheets and weekly newsletter. When she flicked through the stack, she remembered why. The school had given her a stack of student handbooks because, for the first time since she started working at Hercules School, she would have her own homeroom class. And all of them would be freshmen this year.

I’m gonna need some coffee. With the stack tucked under her arm, Yuliya closed her mailbox and headed right for the teachers’ lounge.

The teachers’ lounge was relatively empty; most staff had either gone to their offices to prepare for the first day or wait outside for Savino’s bus to drop off students. Yuliya went straight for the coffee vending machine and bought herself a cup. She sighed with content as she took her first sip.

The hairs on the back of her neck prickled and she turned around to see a man in glasses and a lab coat glowering at her.

“Good morning, Professor Johnston,” Yuliya greeted politely. “Are you ready to take care of the students this year?”

The Professor adjusted his glasses. “The fact you asked such a question suggests you have perceived the notion of dangerous possibilities to come to our students.” He jumped out of his chair and rushed towards the auburn-haired woman, eyes wide. “That’s another ability of your special brain isn’t it!”

Managing to not spill a drop of her coffee, Yuliya maneuvered her way around the school nurse and practically flew to the door, being careful not to stare too long at his sharpened teeth.

“Nope! My brain doesn’t give me that kind of power,” she replied quickly. “I better get going. See you around!”

Once the door closed behind her, Yuliya let out a deep breath. Rhys Johnston not only served as the school nurse, but as a Crux Lab representative. Because of his curious nature and affiliation with one of the most famous super power research labs in the world, Rhys had an insatiable desire to examine anything that comes his way, including the workings of her brain. In fact, ever since she started working on campus, Rhys had bugged her about letting him look at her brain. While she respected the man and all he has done, Yuliya wasn’t keen on the idea of having her brain being poked at. Been there, done that.

Yuliya continued walking, making her way to her office. She placed the student handbooks on her desk, and picked up the attendance sheet. Nine students for her first homeroom class; a small, tight-knit group, almost like a squadron. She went through the list of names, remembering the student files she received a month ago that provided details on the students. Among the nine students, four of them struck out to her the most.

Willhelmina Washington, daughter of a famous superhero couple. Yuliya had never worked with Willhelmina’s parents before her retirement, but has seen them in action. She wasn’t even surprised to see this child attending HSSI; it was common to see the children of established superheroes attending HSSI. She was just shocked to see this girl was going to be in her homeroom. Washington. Her name alone brings about a reputation among those in the profession, a reputation this girl could live up to, or struggle trying.

Rei Arias, the eldest son of the Arias family and current heir to their business. Yuliya remembered the revelation of his powers was a hot topic in the press. Every form of media was all over his story, especially since nobody in the wealthy Arias family was known to have powers. It seemed everyone was trying to examine his abilities came about, picking through the family genealogy to the more distasteful rumors that his family ‘bought’ the powers using their earned resources. In short, Rei was truly the definition of an outlier.

Sam Kulka. Raised at home and schooled at home. Yuliya couldn’t imagine how unnerving it must be for the young boy to suddenly be coming here. Especially after one incident involving him and another kid at a school he previously attended. To make the choice to attend Hercules was the right one. He can learn to control his abilities and Yuliya will help him wherever she can. She only hopes Sam is willing to step up to the opportunity.

And finally, Cora Kitonobe; the details in her file were strange. Her current age is seventeen, making her the oldest of the class; normally, she’d be a junior at this age. The brief summary provided was even stranger: Origins unknown, a habit of sporting spots on her body at random times, and her caretakers did not even provide an ideal home for her. Yuliya’s heart broke at the thought this girl had spent most of her life being examined in a glass tube.

Loud chatter outside her office brought Yuliya back from her reverie. The time on her watch said 8:55am. With a sigh, Yuliya gathered the handbooks and a few other stacks of papers and headed for classroom W52. She said hello to former students of hers and fellow staff members as well. The bell rang and Yuliya entered the classroom, the students of her first ever homeroom already inside. Some chatting with each other, while others chose for a more isolated option.

Yuliya’s stomach twisted as she looked at them all. She reminded herself she was just feeling first day nerves. She had her morning coffee already; she’ll be fine. Putting on her best, brightest smile, she greeted, “Good morning everyone!”

She moved to the front of the classroom, placing the papers and coffee on the desk. She wrote her name on the white board and turned back to the students.

“My name is Yuliya Markov,” she gestured towards the white board, “I’m an English teacher and I will also be your homeroom teacher for your time here. I’d like to welcome you all to Hercules School for Super Powered individuals and I look forward you helping you guys grow into the heroes you can be.

"Alright, now that I’ve told you who I am, why don’t you introduce yourself? Tell me your name and something about you. Can be what your power is, a dream you have, or even a superhero you admire. Also, I’ll be handing out these handbooks for you." She held up one handbook. "They’re basically a list of rules you need to follow, such as curfew time, taking the bus to school is the only way to get here unless you want to be zapped in the sky, or conducting matches in designated fighting grounds or outside the building. On the last page you will see a slip for you to sign. Turn it in to me later; it’s pretty much to let us know you understand the rules we have here at HSSI. Alrighty then, who’s first?”

A young girl was the first to raise her hand. “My name is Philomela Dean and my power is to produce a sonic scream.” Philomela’s voice suddenly echoed through the classroom, causing Yuliya’s coffee mug to bounce a little on her desk.

“Ooh, remind me not to get you angry.” Yuliya handed Philomela a handbook. “Next!”[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Rei Arias
-
There weren't many people in the classroom in the first place which made Rei a bit disappointed. Usually the classroom consisted of 29 students but at this point he felt a bit isolated. Giving a nervous but giddy smile to the woman who introduced herself as, 'Miss Markov'. He wasn't familiar with her name if she had been famous he would've known at least that. Rei laughed at the 'zapped in the sky' remark. It was his dark humor peeking out of it's dark cage. Although on the other hand Rei had imagined a cartoon zap more than a real life person becoming fried. As stupid as he was, he was a bit curious as to what one zap could do to a normal human being.

As 'Phil' introduced herself, letting out a scream which at first startled him. He then covered his mouth, a sparkle in his eyes. Compared to him, the other students in the class seemed amazing as it was. He looked over at Cora with the strange expression still on his face, although he didn't realize it. Rei was still slightly curious as to what her power was, whatever it was he'd find out soon enough. Rei thrusted his hands into the air, tilting dangerously back on his chair. He had taken a seat beside Cora- partially because he didn't interact with anyone else.

"Rei Arias is present ma'am! I enjoy long walks on the beach."

He joked. Well at least he was joking partially. It was true he loved the beach but it was more of running across the beach, splashing his friends with buckets of water. His eyes glazed slightly over as his grin turned into a greedy smile. Perhaps he'd be able to take a plane to California in the summer. He'd call it a 'business' trip. As he received his book he put a sharpie cap in his mouth, half of it sticking out as he returned to tilt forward. Hunching the cover of his book he wrote, 'Property of R3I'. Surprisingly his handwriting was quite neat and tidy. He flashed it over to Cora with a proud grin.

latest

Interactions:
@IceQueen - Cora
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi - Yuliya​

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
jz31tIv.png

Will was surprised when the teacher came in after only a few of them had filtered into class. She'd expected more kids but there weren't and that made her nervous. With less people there was even more chance for everyone to notice that she wasn't that great. Thankfully, no one she'd introduced herself to had made the connection between the 'Wondrous' Washington's and herself. Washington was a common name after all, thank god.

Her homeroom teacher was super pretty, with glossy red hair and a stunning blue. She wasn't what Will had expected for a homeroom teacher. Wonder what her power is. She thought. Probably something cool like controlling angel fire or making force fields.

Tuning back into the teacher's introduction, Will perked up when the woman issued a particular phrase. Heroes we can be, huh? Well it's nice to know she isn't expecting anything off the bat. That mere phrase caused Will to relax for a spell before she realized that even if her teachers didn't expect her to become king shit, her parents definitely did. Stifling a sign, Will listened to the introduction going around.

First there was Philomela who had a sonic scream and effectively displayed her power causing many objects in the classroom to quiver and shake, including Will's hair. She quickly swept it out of the way to stare at her classmate in amazement. That was kick ass!

The next to introduce themselves was the boy from the bus--Rei, who she recalled said he had a 'knack for crashing into stuff'. He didn't display his power unfortunately and opted to introduce himself with a cliche dating app quote that Will couldn't help but snicker at.

And now--It was her turn. "Name's Will, nice to meet you guys!" She chirped and gave them all a big thumbs up with her right hand and as soon as she did, a shadow passed by the windows and Will grinned at what was outside. A gigantic disembodied hand made out of rocks, dirt, litter and various other bits and ends, also giving a thumbs up. "Ta-da!" The glowing markings that usually appeared on her arm when she summoned, slowly faded away and the giant hand came apart, with the rocks and litter falling to the ground.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @IceQueen @Impudimp @Ω Angel Ω @The Writing Owl (Basically everyone in class)

• Love
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius
Cora smiled as she wandered in and seated herself near Rei. He was probably the only person she trusted at the moment. Considering how he acted she thought it best to stick to him and him alone. As the bell rang Cora looked at the teacher who wandered in front of the class. She fell into a silence as the class started, her gaze flittering nervously around the room as the teacher stared them down.

Watching Rei do his introduction, Cora smiled and gave him a thumbs up as he showed her his notebook. She looked up at the teacher and suddenly realized she was being stared down. Shuffling up in her chair, Cora yelped gently as she tripped slightly over her chair. Stumbling, Cora caught herself and sighed, taking a glance at Rei for comfort before looking up at the teacher. "I- uhm.... My name's Cora." She mumbled softly. "I don't really like my powers." She whispered even quieter, shrinking in on herself as she sat back down in a hurry, her cheeks flushed. She shook her head, tugging her hat far over her ears yet again.

SAM:

By the time the teacher stepped in, Sam had his legs pulled up on his seat, and was fidgeting with the collar of his shirt when she began to speak. Ms. Markov... Sam ran over the name in his head, mimicking the pronunciation in practice. Then the introductions began, and though he expected as such in the first day routine, it didn't help Sam relax in the slightest. In fact, the demonstrations of a few powers only put him more on-edge.

First was the sonic scream girl. Sam had already forgotten her name, but his hands didn't leave his ears for a long time after she provided the class a taste of what she could do. Then there was the blond guy, Rei. Despite having the weirdest way of introducing himself thus far, Sam couldn't help but be jealous of the boy's natural composure. It was like first-day jitters didn't even meet the guy. Though, when Rei started showing off his handbook, Sam retracted his initial impression. Of course he's not nervous. He already has a friend.

Will was next to step up. Thanks to Mayra, Sam already had an idea of what to expect. She's probably really cool...easy to talk to. Casual... Sam tugged at his bottom lip as she rounded up his assumptions, putting a bow on top with a demonstration of her power. He dwelt on Will's superior personality for longer than necessary, putting himself far enough into his own head that he didn't even hear Cora's voice. It was only when he looked up and saw her tugging on her hat that Sam knew her introduction had come and gone already.

Following Cora's unheard introduction was silence, the kind that only a classroom full of new faces can bring. Sam fidgeted in place for a moment, fighting between his urge to break the unpleasant quiet and his other urge to avoid inconveniencing anyone who might actually want to introduce themselves. Eventually one side won against the other, and Sam slipped his legs down to the floor, and reached his hand a few inches above his head. He made eye contact with Ms. Markov for a few seconds, then let his gaze drop to his desk, and forced a few deep breaths.

Alright Sam, last shot. Just...just don't screw this up.

"My name's Sam, and I..." Sam pushed through getting his name out, without stuttering, no less. He actually smiled with pride at the fact! The first clean introduction of the day for him was a bigger milestone than he thought it'd be. But then he remembered the other thing, and his smile dropped. "I...I-I...s-sorry, I, um..." The pride of a flawless name-drop fled from Sam's system, and once again he was left floundering. He hadn't given himself time to think beforehand, so now, in the moment, his head was short-circuiting. "I...I'm s-sorry." He finally bailed out, taking a few more breaths to transition to a state of normalcy without panicking too much. Down went his hand, and up went his knees, hiding his face behind the cloth of his jeans. Sam knew he probably seemed melodramatic at this point, but with the day he'd already had, it seemed that was just his fate.

And their ain't anything you can do about fate. That's what ma always said.

Interactions: Ms. Markov (& Class) - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mentions: Philomela, Rei - @xLarius , Mayra - @The Writing Owl , Will - @Mundane Monster , Cora - @IceQueen

~Yuliya Markov~
Mentions: Rei Arias @xLarius, Wilhelmina Washington @Mundane Monster, Cora Kitonobe @IceQueen, Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω
Interactions: Wilhelmina Washington @Mundane Monster, Cora Kitonobe @IceQueen, Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω

The next student to speak introduced himself as Rei Arias with the simple hobby of walking on the beach. A lax hobby when considering the energy Rei displayed in his introduction, but then again, it’s good to have quieter interests. After Rei, Wilhelmina introduced herself, shortening her name to Will. Yuliya made note of the nickname for future reference. A giant shadow loomed over the window where a large hand made of earth floated by. The hand made a thumbs-up sign just like Will’s own hand which was covered in glowing yellow markings.

“Oh that’s really cool,” said Yuliya as the markings on Will’s hand faded with the giant one crumbling to the ground. “Quite a—“her lips curved into a mischievous grin “—handy power you got there.”

Yuliya turned her attention to another blue haired girl wearing a beanie cap. The girl nervously looked at Rei before shooting out of her seat and telling everyone her name and a barely inaudible murmur of her dislike of her powers.

“You don’t—“Yuliya stopped herself from going any further. It was clear the subject of Cora’s powers was a sensitive one. Yuliya remembered an incident on Cora’s file about the middle school she attended. Half of the school was destroyed and many lives were lost as well. For now, Yuliya won’t press on the topic of her powers, though she hoped Cora would eventually accept and embrace them.

“Alright, who’s next?”

Everyone was silent, wondering who would go next. Some of those who had gone were looking around to see who was ready to speak, but no one seemed up for it. Yuliya was ready to point out the next person when someone finally stepped up. He introduced his name as Sam and it seemed like he was ready to give a follow up when he suddenly stuttered uncontrollably, throwing apologies and curling in on himself at his desk. Yuliya approached Sam’s desk, her steps so quiet from her days in the field. Gently, she tapped Sam’s desk.

“It’s okay. Want to try again?” she asked. “How about you tell me about a hobby you have, or do you have a favorite superhero you admire?"

Last edited:
SAM:

Sam had resigned himself to fate, something that had become a long-standing tradition of his anxious self, when Yuliya came and tapped on his desk. The interaction shocked his head to attention, and upon meeting his teacher's gaze, Sam took a sharp breath through his nose. The sides of his mouth twitched, and he gave his lower lip a pinch and tug, thinking of how he wanted to respond.

I'd really rather not say anything... He thought to himself, keeping eye-contact with Yuliya simply because of proximity, but I can't tell her that. So...hobby or hero. Hmm...

"W-Well, miss, uh, M-Markov," Sam began, ruffling his brows together as he tried to reign in his stutters, "I like comics, s-so there are a lot of heroes out there for me to like." He moved from messing with his lip to running his fingers through the curls of his hair, kneading strands between digits as he found them. "R-Really, ma'am, I don't got a lot to s-say on the subject. Most've my reading is fake 'n fiction, so...s-so unless I'm mistaken, you're the f-first bona-fide hero I must've met, a-and I've always sorta admired my ma as a t-teacher, so..."

Sam's voice receded in volume the more he talked, so by the time he reached his point, he was practically inaudible. Whether he noticed or not, his eyes widened and his cheeks flashed red, and once again his face was hidden behind his jeans. Another "s-sorry..." made its way past the fabric, but whatever embarrassed him into that state was relentless. It seemed he wouldn't be coming out of hiding anytime soon.

Gads, you really do gush too much, kid... Sam reprimanded himself mentally, still fiddling with his hair to ease his nerves again.

Interactions: Yuliya - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi Mentions: @Ω Angel Ω, @Mundane Monster, @xLarius, @IceQueen

This interactio n was definitely going a lot better than she had expected. Mayra couldn't help the giddy butterflies starting to run marathons in her stomach. The girl-Will-liked her freckles! That was simultaneously terrifying and amazing all at once. Immediately, Mayra tried to come up with some smooth reply, some way to try and continue the interaction. "Ah thanks! Nice to meet you too. I-" She couldn't really continue as their homeroom teacher arrived and students all around them rushed to get to a seat. Will took her own seat leaving Mayra to try and scramble to hide herself in the back. Once she had found her seat, she settled down as the teacher introduced herself, a Ms. Yuliya Markov. She was going to get ready to just start the arduous process of figuring out syllabi and rules when Ms. Markov decided to turn this into some introduction/ice breaker thing. Great. Her favorite.

Mayra sunk a bit in her seat as she listened to the introductions, jumping as the first girl decided to show off her power of screaming. Really, couldn't she have just not shown off her power? She sighed as she settled in to listen to the other introductions. The blond from the bus introduced himself as Rei and followed with the cheesiest line in all of history. Will followed, showing off a power to make a giant hand out of any nearby material. That was admittedly pretty cool. Mayra couldn't hear the next girl to introduce herself, but recognized her as the poor kid who had run off vomiting after riding the bus. Finally, comic boy-Sam, his name is Sam-managed to introduce himself, though Mayra felt a pang of sympathy as he quickly devolved into sorry's and stuttering. At least Ms. Markov was kind enough to give him a second chance. Mayra smiled at that before realizing she was one of the last few who had yet to introduce themselves. Looking around, the frizzy haired girl resisted the urge to fuss with her gloves as she slowly raised her hand.

"Um, excuse me?" She started, waiting for Markov to turn her attention to her. "Sorry, um, my name is Mayra Ruiz and I have a few questions." She fidgeted in her seat, taking a deep breath before looking straight at Markov with squared shoulders. "How do you get expelled? And how quickly can you get expelled?" Almost immediately after asking the questions, Mayra nearly fell into a panic. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did she ask those questions? Why did she even ask anything?! She should have just gotten her stupid handbook and sat back down! Now she was just drawing attention to herself and everyone was going to wonder if she was stupid and ARGH! Despite her internal freak-out and resumed fidgeting, Mayra kept steady eye contact with Markov and waited patiently for an answer.

Rei Arias
-
After getting approval from his newly appointed friend, he set his notebook down. He scratched his cheek in a sheepish manner hoping that most of his classmates didn't take him seriously. He watched tapping his foot eagarly as Will introduced herself- he was very fortunate she had a short and simple name. His eyes once again sparkled watching the hand glow once more. As his friend stood he gave her a reassuring smile along with a thumbs up. As she sat down in an awkward manner soon enough another was introduced. This person seemed to have absolutely no confidence which surprised Rei. He frowned at the other male, another simple name. 'Sam'. He enjoyed these names and was thankful that most of them were short and sweet. It astounded him that someone could freak out in so little time. Turning his attention for a moment back to his buddy, he tilted his head a bit in curiosity. She tend to avoid personal questions and overall she put down her powers. He was midly confused, he had went ahead and assumed that everyone wanted to be there. Perhaps Cora didn't?

It seemed he had yet to understand the works of the world. Rei addressed the other kid as 'goody two-shoes' for now. On the other hand motherly figure 'Marcove' or something was going to be quite an issue to establish her name. Although it seemed that he was going to see her daily so he'd learn it eventually. He'd have no troubles as long as he didn't have to call for her. Rei had to admit that he would eventually get attached to the teacher, she had already made a pun and it was the first day.

What made him overall surprised was the last introduction. He pondered and played with the thought that he should have waited to bestow the title onto another. Perhaps she was having troubles with someone but whatever the reason it was quite the odd question. He scratched at his cheek, it seemed that other folks seemed to be very nervous around other people. He kept that as a note as to befriend others later. He was just grateful that there weren't any stuck up seeming individuals- Save Will who seemed to be quite the show off. Then again he wasn't one to talk. He mildly recognized her last name from magazines and such but that was from when he was very young. By this time he had forgotten it like every other useless thing he had picked up during his long journey of 'life'.

He madly scribbled down with an expensive looking fountain pen,

"Too bad no one seems to have a rotation ability. We'll see, that would be fun for getting the enemies dizzy."

Rei flashed it to Cora with a playful smile. He soon returned back to his piece of paper drawing a funky looking spaceship. He had never been a fan of drawing. He wrote neatly and could read extremely quickly but art was a negative for him. It always ended up looking like a deformed object.
latest

Interactions:
@IceQueen - Cora​

Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius
Cora was busy burying herself in the complexity of her desk as she tried to avoid looking at anyone. Rei would most certainly pick a new friend after her introduction. Sighing, Cora reached for her bag, grabbing the large cup of water with a handy dandy straw and sipping out of it. The downside to being a fish was she needed water all the time. It sucked a whole bunch.

Sighing, when Cora heard the shuffling of paper and the scribbling of a fountain pen she looked up to see that Rei had scribbled onto the paper. Looking at him she sighed, leaning her head back on the table.

"Yeah, well the girl with the arm could probably spin someone around. Though it looks like she'd rather flex than do anything else." She mumbled in a depressed tone, her eyes fluttering close as she held her water close. "I just wish I could go back to my peanut butter." She said even quieter.

[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
~Yuliya Markov~
Interactions: @everyone
Mentions: Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω, Mayra Ruiz @The Writing Owl

Yuliya gave Sam her full attention as he opened up a little more and nodding when he admitted she was the first recognized hero he met. She didn’t give any more response to that, nor even admitting what her hero alias was; she preferred to put that part of her life behind her as much as possible. To her students and the staff of this school, she is Ms. Markov, an English teacher at Hercules School For Super-powered Individuals. Nothing else.

“No need to apologize, Sam,” Yuliya said. “If your mother is your hero, then by all means, she is a hero.” She handed Sam his copy of the school handbook and returned to the front of the room. The next one to raise their hand was a tall Latino girl wearing a pair of gloves.

Mayra’s question was a bit out of place and odd, but Yuliya didn’t ask why. She raised her hand and held up two fingers.

“There are two surefire ways to get expelled from HSSI. The first one is if you are arriving here by some form of transportation that is not the bus, or not in the company of a staff member. I mentioned it earlier that you will be zapped—yes, zapped—if our sensors detect you moving around in our airspace. Our security team is not only powerful but very vigilant, and that’s not including the teachers here.

“The second way is if you are caught willingly helping a villain; on campus, Aurora City, or anywhere in the world. Expulsion is immediate followed by jail time. Of course, since this country allows anyone fair trial, you will be granted that, but you can be sure you won’t be allowed to come to HSSI anymore.

“Criminal activity is your one-way ticket to leaving this school. This is a school for heroes after all. The only exception to this would be fights.” Yuliya leaned on her desk. “HSSI has a unique policy that allows students to actively engage in matches against one another. Principal Yuristheenis believes such fights are good practice for when you’re in a real fight with a villain and can make for a bonding experience as well. Only conditions are the matches must have a staff member to judge and take place outside the school building. If you open your handbook to the first page, you’ll see a map of the school along with several designated areas for battles.”

Yuliya pulled out one of the books and opened to the desired page, showing the map and pointing to an area just outside the track run labeled ‘Fighting Grounds No. 7.’ “An example,” she said before closing the book.

“I hope that answered your questions, Mayra,” said Yuliya. “It’s nice to meet you and don’t be afraid to ask if you have any other questions. Next?”

The nest one to go was a young boy who eagerly raised his hand. Yuliya pointed to him and he pulled out a sheet of paper from his notebook.

“My name is Il-Seong Jeong and my favorite superhero is the stealthy, mysterious, and elusive—“ he crumpled the paper in his hand and after a few moments, opened his fist to reveal a small paper figurine wearing a paper hooded cape. “Shutter!” The figurine leaped off his hands, running and jumping across everyone’s desk as if it was the easiest thing in the world. “Nobody knows where she came from or who she is, but she’s put away a lot of bad guys, can kick butt and is super cool! Uh oh!”

The paper figure had scaled up the blinds and made a huge leap for Yuliya’s desk until it realized it was on a path straight for her coffee. Yuliya shot out one hand and caught the paper figure before it hit her coffee. Despite having been swiped midair, the figurine still retained its shape with no sign of having been crumpled by Yuliya’s fist. She handed the figurine back to Il-Seong who let it lay flat on his desk.

“Admirable, yes, but also an unlicensed hero,” said Yuliya. “Shutter has operated off the legal radar and continues to do so as a vigilante, but I won’t deny the work she had done for everyone. Major villains have been defeated because of her.” When Il-Seong received his handbook, she turned to the last person in the class. “And you? What’s your name and a little about yourself?”

The girl in question twiddled her thumbs and looked around the room. “My name is Ilea Hart. I can heal from any injury, but it’s not so useful when compared to everyone else’s amazing powers.” She laughed nervously. “Still, I hope all of us can work well together as a class and I look forward to working with you all.”

“Aah, rapid cellular regeneration?” Yuliya asked. Ilea nodded. “You may be surprised at finding out how useful your power can be; it’s up to you to figure it out though. And I too look forward to working with you. With all of you.” She turned to the rest of the class. “Okay, that is all for introductions, everyone! Remember to turn in the signed portion of the handbook before the bell rings, and I believe I’ll be seeing you in class later today.”

After a few minutes, the bell rang to signal the end of Homeroom. The students turned in the requested sheet and proceeded out of the classroom. They all went to their first few classes, following the schedules given to them when they first set foot in the school. Majority of them followed the same activities as homeroom: introductions, followed by an overview of syllabi and what is expected of the class. All of Yuliya’s homeroom students were with her for their English class and she smiled cordially at them when they walked into her room for the second time that day.

Before long, the first half of the day had passed and now it was lunchtime.

Ilea picked up her lunch from the cafeteria, noticing signs posted on doors leading to places where students can have lunch other than the cafeteria itself. One sign pointed to a door leading to the rooftop, while another lead to the school courtyard. She saw Yuliya walk outside to the courtyard, nose buried in a book with a thermos in the other hand.

“Lots of places for us to eat, huh?” she said. Il-Seong nodded and followed after Yuliya while Philomela took a seat in the cafeteria, leaving the rooftop for Ilea. Ilea shook her head in amusement. The weather was perfect today so she had no qualms going up to the rooftop by herself to enjoy her lunch there. [/fieldbox]

jz31tIv.png

Okay, Ms. Markov was officially Will's favorite teacher even though she was the only one the teenager knew of so far. But anyone who dropped puns like that was a keeper in Will's book. As the introductions went round and round, Will found herself getting even more and more excited. Everyone's powers sounded so cool--well at least the ones who demonstrated or explained theirs. Will was a tad worried about freckled cutie though. Why would she want to know about getting expelled? Even if Mayra was a strict rule follower, that was a weird way to announce it. Will also felt her heart go out to Sam, the boy who stammered, stumbled through and fumbled his introduction twice. Will thought it was sweet how he admired his mom--and he called her ma, that was adorable!

After homeroom, the day seemed to fly by. Everything was so new and exciting and honestly, she was having a bit of trouble keeping track of all the information she was receiving. Most of her teachers seemed cool and when she got lost getting to class, most of the upperclassmen were more than happy to guide her back to where she needed to be. She was happy to find that she was in class with most of the same people.

By the time lunch time rolled around, Will had made a decision, that she hoped wouldn't be dashed to pieces. When she got to the cafeteria, she located her targets and waved at them excitedly. "Mayra! Sam! Let's eat lunch together!" She chirped, a grin stretching across her face, as she clutched her tray in her hands.​
@The Writing Owl @Ω Angel Ω

SAM:

Sam's instinctive reaction to Yuliya's words was to cringe in on himself even tighter, trying to forget the words that she was trying to make him proud of. Not like his mother wasn't his hero, but he didn't want that to be the way the class knew him. Things were already looking more familiar by the second. Mama's boy, check...

With Mayra up next to introduce herself, Sam held himself as still as could be. She was the first person to speak to him, after all, and that had a profound effect on what he thought of her. Especially profound, in fact, now that Sam knew Abe wasn't in the same class. He had been in the crowd, he just knew it, but once everyone started flooding into class, the southern giant was nowhere to be seen or heard. Automatically assuming he'd never see Abe again, Sam's focus was eternally dedicated to Mayra now; the one person who might just be willing to be his friend...or at least an acquaintance. Really, just someone for Sam to stick with through what was turning out to be a very unpleasant start of school. It didn't matter, as long as the odds weren't zero. If Sam had to guess, they were at a clean 23% chance of being on a first-name basis in a week, maybe. I could be overshooting though. She's already friends with Will...

But then Mayra spoke up, and Sam let his jaw drop and eyes open wide. Expelled? Why expelled? Why her? Sam thought to himself, as if he had answers to the questions. This only proved how little he knew. The clean 23 dropped straight down to zero, just like the rest, as Sam began imagining the various scenarios that would even bring a question like that up. Is she just trying to figure out what not to do? Maybe she knew someone who used to come here, and they got expelled, and she wants to know why or how? For revenge or something? Is she some kind of delinquent? A detention-hound or something like that? Gads, why'd she have to talk to me first!?

Sam was putting himself into quite the state, but he hid it well, yet again, behind his jeans. Aside from the occasional shiver, Sam stayed his Sam-y self, staying quiet and out of the way as much as possible. As far as he knew, he was already "in" with a bad crowd. Who knew what else was going to happen. Sam sure didn't. However, his expectations were pleasantly shattered. The day drew on after Ms. Markov's class with little in terms of events, and Sam was left to his own devices most of the time. Those devices were limited to getting lost in his own head...and that's about it. Before he knew it, it was lunch time, and he and Mayra were being hailed by cool-girl Will. Sam could only get out a mumbled, "muh?" before following along absentmindedly. Once everyone found their spots, Sam instinctively moved to whatever corner, whatever side, and whatever spot that allowed him to be the most compressed. The edge of a stool, the corner of a wall or step; whatever it was, Sam was there, nibbling on bits of his lunch while trying to not make eye-contact with the girls he had somehow connected with.

And how, again? Sam thought to himself, coming to the uneasy conclusion that this was, in fact, happening to him. Mayra and Will...okay, facts. Mayra's really nice! She talked to me first thing, and tried to help me out...but she's trying to get expelled, and that's really weird and suspicious. If! If she's trying to get expelled! ...then Will. She's cool and stuff. She seems pretty confident with her power...not at all like me. Why am I here again?

Sam couldn't shake the feeling that he didn't belong, so he continued mousing his way through trifles of cafeteria food like a prisoner to the girls in his presence.

Interactions: Mayra - @The Writing Owl , Will - @Mundane Monster

Mentions: Yuliya - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Ω Angel Ω , @Mundane Monster , Mentions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Oh. Welp. There went all of her plans. Mayra nodded along absentmindedly as Ms. Markov tried to reassure her that she could ask any kind of question. She didn't pay attention to the rest of the introductions, more focused on her own thoughts. It seemed she was going to have to stay at HSSI for just a little longer. For the rest of the class, Mayra debated the pros and cons of the two expulsion options. On one hand, she really didn't know what "zapped" truly meant. Did Ms. Markov mean like, lethal "zapped"? If so then that option was certainly out. On the other hand, being a criminal didn't sit well with Mayra at all. It wouldn't really do her well trying to get back to her family and instead being sent to jail. Besides, she wasn't sure she ever could face her family again if she gathered a criminal record after being "sent" to a school for superheroes. She could practically feel her papa and mama's disappointed gaze. She shivered, gathering her things as she decided that that option was clearly off the table... at least until she found a better way to go about it.

The rest of classes seemed to pass by in a blur, Mayra chewing on her new info and trying to formulate some kind plan. She was broken out of this reverie as a voice called her name. She looked up, shocked to see Will inviting her and Sam to go sit and have lunch together. She blinked, almost hesitating before following the bubbly girl. Maybe it would be okay to make some friends while she figured out what to do next. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to learn about a cute girl? And Sam definitely seemed like he needed a friend or two... even if their first interaction had ended up incredibly awkward with Mayra most certainly intimidating the poor boy. Maybe this could be her chance to make up for that. So, Mayra held her tray of most-likely far too bland food and settled herself at whatever table Will had decided to lead their awkward trio to.

At first, everything was quiet. Sam certainly wasn't speaking up, and Will seemed to be giving them a chance to try and start the conversation. Mayra chewed her lip as she tried to figure out how to start some kind of conversation without making a complete fool of herself. Taking a huge bite of her school-provided meal, the frizzy haired girl used the time to try and come up with some kind of good conversation starter. Swallowing, Mayra turned to Sam. "Hey, um, I know we kinda already met earlier, but just again I'm Mayra. You said you liked comics, right? I mean, I know you had been reading one on the bus, but..." Oh God, she was already ruining the conversation. Abort! Abort! She needed to get back on a less disastrous track! Pulling on her gloves, Mayra tried once again. "B-but I was just curious what kind of comics you read? Like what issues and stuff? I'll admit I haven't really read a lot of comics, but I've read whatever they've had in my library and they seem really interesting. A bit over the top, but interesting." The girl hoped that maybe talking about something Sam seemed to like would open him up a bit.

After waiting for a bit for Sam's response, Mayra turned to address Will. "Um, your power is really cool." Oh that sounded awkward. "I mean, that's gotta be kinda useful summoning a giant hand just out of things around you." This was going nowhere. They were at a school for super powers! Of course there's gonna be some use for any kind of power! Mayra wanted to ask more about Will's interests, her hobbies, her personality, but instead shoved another bite of the stupid cafeteria food into her mouth.

jz31tIv.png
Will listened intently to her peer's conversation and tried not to look too intense. So Sam liked comics, huh? That was cool, Will had actually never read many comics because her mom considered them on par with trashy romance novels. Will, when you expose your brain to garbage, you become garbage. She had sneered, flicking a comic off of Will's chosen pile of literature during their trip to the library. Will had pouted for hours but her mom had simply ignored her, repeating that comics weren't going to help in controlling her powers.

Now that she was at school though, she had the opportunity to indulge in stuff like that. She wondered if Sam would let her borrow some of his comics. As Mayra turned to her, Will noticed that throughout the entirety of their interaction, the girl had never said anything about herself aside from giving her name. She didn't even know what her power was. Granted she also didn't know what Sam's power was and those two only knew what her power was cause she'd demonstrated it earlier. Will chalked it up to them being shy. There would be time for them to reveal those things later but for now--"My power's cool I suppose, but no shop talk!" She exclaimed with a grin as she hurriedly devoured a buttered roll.

"Sure, having powers is our main component and the reason why we're all here today, but we're also kids! We should be talking about our hobbies, and junk like that!" She gushed. Wriggling up from her seat, Will planted both hands very carefully on the table top and leaned forward eagerly. "Let's start with what we like, huh? Sam you like comics as Mayra helpfully pointed out! What kind? Mayra! What do you like?" She inquired, then quickly added. "I like nature hikes, haunted houses and video games."
@The Writing Owl @Ω Angel Ω

• Love
Rei Arias
-
Rei immediately perked up, he waved to Cora once before he ran out the door quickly snagging his bag. He scooped up his book to tuck it under his arm, his pen he tucked behind his ear. After class his entire mind was focused on the clock. He had never favored class in general. Rei usually spent the time screwing off or shooting winks to other corners of the room. Unfortunately that was impossible with the status he had at the moment. Rei's interest was slightly involved in developing his power's so he could make his mother proud. Nowadays how he presented himself seemed more important to her. He leaned back in the doorway before he pointed upwards. He chuckled before giving his usual charming smile.

"It's exploring time, my companion."

Cora's attitude concerned him slightly. Perhaps she simply needed a whiff of fresh air to brighten her spirits. As he waited for her to catch up he eagerly bounced in place.

"What elective did you enroll in- Or wait! Even better. What do you do for fun? Maybe we could do something together
I mean 'cause I'm just itching to throw a baseball 'round y'know? I'm kinda rusty though, also if you say reading I'm gonna burst! I mean reading ain't bad- Maybe a picture book would be fine? Er- I mean you can answer both! Both would be super neat...."

He chuckled in an awkward manner,

"Ah shoot. I did it again didn't I? Oh! Did you pack your own lunch or shall we stop by the cafeteria first?
I packed my own food for once! A pudding with cream cheese- I don't know exactly what it is but it look's and sound's delicious."

He said, sounding slightly uncertain. He hesitated before continuing in a more joking manner,

"Maybe we should say "Ey'! To everyone else first? Did you prefer that? I mean it must suck the life out of you keeping up with me. That's what my mother used to say."

latest

Interactions:
@IceQueen - Cora​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius
Cora had a miserable time most of the day. While sitting next to Rei she spent most of her time refilling the large amount of water she had to consume and hating herself for talking to anyone at all. She wanted to go back to her bed. But as class drew to a close Rei waved to her, and she just couldn't say no.

Wandering over towards where Rei was waving to her Cora tugged on her blue hair yet again. Rei seemed excited to go around and do anything really. It wasn't long before she felt like she was being buried in words, her mouth agape as she tried to form anything that resembled a sentence. It wasn't until he had stopped that she could finally take a breath and calm down.

"I, uh, didn't pack food." She said shyly, tugging on her hair. "I don't know what elective I'll go to so I'll probably just follow you. So long as it's not music I'm fine." She mumbled shyly. "I really don't want to talk to everyone else. They'll probably just end up laughing at me, or ignoring me, or I'll end up hurting them." She mumbled, her voice seeming to grow smaller. Just talking about it made her feel like crying. She choked down the feeling and continued.

"I really don't do much when I'm alone. I draw a lot." She mumbled. "I do reading, I have a lot of books. Watch Tv, do crafts." She mumbled. "I'm pretty terrible at all those things but I really don't know what else to do. I mean I was told I'm too dangerous to be around people so....." She mumbled, her voice barely a whisper now. She was almost like a turtle receding into her shell.