SAM:

And so the interrogation began. Sam had a feeling it was gonna come to this, but he certainly wasn't prepared. It was becoming a trend that he wasn't happy with: Having a clue without having a clue. Slowly, the blond swallowed the bit of bread roll in his mouth, wincing as it scratched down his throat, then set the rest of the roll back on his tray before occupying his fingers with his bottom lip. He gave a glance to Will first, but couldn't withstand her focused gaze, so he moved his eyes to Mayra. It wasn't much better; she looked like she wanted to run away with every word she spoke. Since both sets of eyes felt ready to judge him with all the power of two teenage girls (a power Sam was well acquainted with at one point in time), Sam chose to keep his eyes on his kneecaps, which he began holding very close to his face as he tried to find his words.

"Y-Yeah..." He began after giving his first words a lot of thought, "I l-like comics." Sam pinched and tugged at his lip to keep his focus. It was working, to his credit, as he tried to think of a way to explain what kind of comics he enjoyed most.

Oh yeah! Mom's! I think I still have it in my... Sam's mind got ahead of the conversation, completely missing the fact that Mayra was intentionally avoiding what happened on the bus, and by the time his free hand fished into his satchel and felt the crumpled shreds of paper that had once formed one of his favorite issues, homemade by dear ol' ma herself just for her special boy, Sam remembered everything that had led up to this moment. It played as a convenient recap in his mind; getting on the bus, Mayra sitting next to him, the sudden takeoff, his comic destroying itself before his eyes, the botched ID picture, making a fool of himself in front of all sorts of people that were way cooler than him...

"M-My...my..." He whispered, more to himself than Mayra or Will, but he was too slow on the draw. Mayra had turned her attention to Will, Will gave her response, and that was that. Sam's hand left his satchel and went back to the roll on his tray, hesitating before picking it up and moving it towards his mouth. It was a process, removing his thumb from his lip to make room for the food, but eventually he began to nibble once again. He could feel his face begin to sting with red, and his eyes itch with the formation of tears, but the best he could do was hide it behind three-fourths of a stale and unpleasant roll, and his jeans. Aside from involuntary sniffing, Sam kept silent, and hoped that his captors would just ignore him.

Interactions: Mayra - @The Writing Owl , Will - @Mundane Monster

[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]The students of Ms. Markov's class went their separate ways, breaking into groups or eating by themselves. Philomela noticed from the corner of her eye Wilhelmina calling to Mayra and Sam to sit with her while Rei once again tried to smooth talk Cora. At least some people were reaching out to others. During homeroom introductions, Mel had a feeling some of her fellow students weren't really keen on being at this school. Philomela suddenly remembered the assignments she needed to record in her planner and returned to her meal and papers in front of her.

Just as everyone had settled into their seats for lunch, the double doors burst open. Three boys wearing leather jackets appeared, walking inside the cafeteria, flashing cocky smiles and glares at any nearby students.

The tallest boy stopped, put his hands on his hips and took a deep breath. "Aah, I missed that smell. The smell of fresh meat." The boy's name is Eduardo Pierce, a Junior at HSSI who was known throughout the school as "Scissorhands.". He strut past the tables, a proud look gracing his features. Some kids watched him go, while others, the older ones, ignored him and continued eating their meal. One of Eduardo's friends caught one of the new students staring and swiped his chicken nuggets, cackling at the kid's look of shock as he shared the food with his other goon trailing after Eduardo.

Suddenly, Eduardo stopped. He pointed his chin towards Will, Sam, and Mayra, snickering at the tears spilling down Sam's face. He nodded his head in their direction and approached the trio, the smirk on his face growing wider with every step.

"Wow. You look even more stupid up close," he said to Sam. "And your face too, damn. What, your mom drop you on your nose when you were a kid or something?" He laughed at his own joke. "Hey, Flat Face, since you're over here being a wuss, I don't think you'll mind if I take this—" he pointed at Sam's tray. "I'm hungry and it looks like you won't be eating anytime soon. Give it to somebody who really deserves it." Eduardo's fingers started to elongate, the skin stretching into sharp points and what looked like a shiny gray metal encasing his fingers. It wasn't long before Eduardo pointed metallic claws directly towards Sam's face "Like a real hero from HSSI's Top Ten."[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
SAM:

Sam heard the voice, malicious and cutting, before he saw the face it belonged to. He cringed so hard in reaction that his knuckles turned white as they gripped the roll in his hands. Sam got a good look at Eduardo's face just as he spat the first syllables of "Flat Face," and regretted every moment he dared to lift his eyes from birth 'till then because of it.

"O-O-Ok-Ok-ka-ay-y..." Sam broke into his response to his newest bully's "request" like a jack-hammer, tears drizzling forth for every second his eyes refused to unlock from Eduardo's. He was shivering from the shoulders down, his face had paled, he had chills running up his spine, down his arms, through his thighs, and over everything else he could feel at that point in time. Sam had to scrunch up his face to mitigate the tears, the ringing in his ears, the stuffed up nose, and the sticky, gross taste and feel of his mouth. He was full-on sobbing at this point, but he was too terrified to make the noises that went along with it. But of course that wasn't the end.

When the claws came out, as well as the fact of who he was facing, Sam's blood froze solid. A quiet hiccup of great fear raced from his throat to his heart, and all of a sudden, everything....got a little closer. Silverware on the table dragged about an inch closer to the curly blond crier, his tray moved a bit less than that, and it was more than likely that everyone in the immediate vicinity felt the slight and soft tug of the perplexity of Sam's power, including Eduardo. Especially including Ed's fingers, which were just close enough to dot the tip of Sam's nose with blood. It was like a paper-cut: The farthest thing from a bloodbath, but it stung like a bee, and the crying only made it hurt worse. Sam's pressure peaked.

"Sorry! I'm sorry! I-I'm s-sorry! S-S-Sorry! I-I-I'm sorry! I'm s-so s-s-sorry! S-S-S..." Sam very nearly yelled his string of apologies at the top of his lungs, backing away from the claws at his face until he found himself plummeting from his seat and onto the floor. The drop didn't even draw a reaction from him; Sam just curled into a ball, doing his best to hide. Hide, hide, hide. It had been the first time since getting to school that he simply couldn't think. There was no echo of rational, negative or otherwise, to keep him calm. All he found himself capable of was sobbing on the floor, basic memories and flashbacks rolling through his head like tumbleweeds in a desert. One big desert. School was just one big desert, and Sam, despite trying to tell himself that things would be different, found himself in the same spot as so long ago: Crying on the lunchroom floor.

Interactions: Eduardo - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi, @Mundane Monster, @Ω Angel Ω Mentions: N/A​

Well, at least things seemed to be going a little better. Will took exactly what Mayra had been thinking and straight out asked it, even working to pull Sam into the conversation. Maybe this could be good! "Ah... well... um..." Marya started, trying to think of what all she did for hobbies. She couldn't really say studying... maybe sculpting? Then again, she didn't really do that for fun. What did she do for fun? Well, when she could she went to the library... And she liked to help her mama and papa in the kitchen... Before Mayra could properly respond to Will, Sam had started to reach for his comic from the bus, his face crumpling into tears as he realized exactly what had happened. "Oh no, Sam..." Mayra started, not quite realizing she was talking aloud. This was exactly what she had been trying to avoid as they spoke. Oh God, how was she supposed to deal with a crying child?! She turned to look at Will, hoping for some kind of help or answers.

Biting her lip, Mayra realized there might be one way she could kinda cheer up the small boy next to her. She was going to get in so much trouble for it though. But wasn't that what she wanted? To get in trouble? Well, maybe... Deciding to just go for it, Mayra removed her plates of food from the plastic school tray and took off her gloves. This wouldn't be any kind of comic, but it would do. Taking a deep breath, Mayra put her hands on the tray and grabbed. The stiff plastic practically melted in her fingertips, molding to her masterful hands easily. Mayra pushed and pulled, using the tray almost like tray to create a small superhero figure, vaguely looking like one of the most popular comic book characters. She was about to present her gift to Sam when a new intruder decided to interrupt their lunch.

Mayra wasn't sure she could hate someone as quickly as she did this guy. Immediately establishing himself as some kind of top dog, he decided to pick on the already distressed Sam. She glared, quickly letting go of her little superhero figure so she could properly clench her fist and try to think of some way to get the guy to go away. She was about to snark at the boy when Sam fell off of his seat, sobbing out apologies as the boy's sharp claws scratched his nose. That was the last straw. She tugged a glove on and grabbed her figurine. Handing it to Sam, she settled it into his lap and stood up.

Stepping around Sam and in front of this new bully, Eduardo he had said his name was, Mayra practically puffed out her chest and stood with her head tall. "Hey! Pendejo! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" She crossed her arms, making sure all sight of Sam was blocked by her tall visage. "Some hero you are, picking on others. I'd hate to see your villains if this school's top ten heroes are all such jerks. Why don't you just go steal food from the trash, where you belong? Puto pendejo..." She strengthened her stance, practically staring murder at the boy in front of her.

Rei Arias
(Big brother to the rescue.)
-
Rei's smile flickered, it hurt him to see his new buddy like this. He didn't know exactly what to do in order to make her happy, he would attempt to flaunt his abilities but then he probably would be extremely irritated for the whole day. That was if he couldn't control his 'thunder' or whatever it was. He let out a small chuckle before remarking,
"It's best that we get somethin' to eat then right? Afterwards we can enjoy the light breeze."

On the other hand Rei spent most of his time goofing around anyways, more than eating. When you're on a tight schedule you can't really afford to actually enjoy what you're doing. That's what he enjoyed about the school so far. The adventure, the Adrenalin. That's why he was slightly puzzled at some of the behaviors going around the school. He didn't really think that the kids with special abilities- Well at least some of them would be so closed off. Rei would consider himself lucky if- He took a deep breath before he returned his attention to Cora, "If they can't appreciate a gorgeous, young lady like you I don't know what the world has come to." Now his smile was more of a cocky smirk than anything. "What's wrong with music? Did you learn anything as a kid? I got stuck with the violin until my parents finally realized that I was bribing the tutor to sneak off to baseball practice instead. It's just not my tune." He said before chuckling,

"Tune." Rei had no objections to her taking the same elective but he was mildly concerned that she didn't have the same interests and hence would surrender herself to boredom simply because he was the first friend she had- Or at least that's what it seemed like. At first he was tempted to take foreign languages but then he realized he was sick of French as it were. It was more likely than not he'd be surrendering himself to a snooze-fest. It was tempting to pick study hall but he was probably going with Home Ec. It wouldn't do to die of food poisoning. Besides who couldn't fall in love with a guy who could cook? Perhaps that was his true goal.

"I'm going with Home Ec. It wouldn't do to poison myself before I get the chance to charm a fair maiden." Rei chirped. He titled his head at his friend before he patted her hair hopefully soothing before he continued bouncing down the hallway. "If you can make friends with picky, vagabond Rei then you'll be fine. After all you have a whole year to ponder your thoughts with your fellow peers." He commented. Rei hadn't really considered seeing the same people in and out. He began to feel a poking in his heart as he quickly brushed it away, charming smile still imprinted on his face.

"It's best you take art then right? Then you can make super duper good drawings, become famous, and then you can VIP me into areas. I'm just joking by the way, it's only things that you feel comfortable with. You should do things you adore before you get old and wrinkly. My philosophy is as long as you have fun you can die young! Don't follow it to a T. I don't recommend it." Rei jested before running a hand through his hair. He subconsciously rubbed his earring before for a moment wrinkling up his nose. "Besides the world runs on time, and that only." He commented before yawning. His eyes seemed to sparkle at the comment that she was 'dangerous'

"It's good that you can use those abilities to save people now, huh? Besides, you get to be with the mighty Rei. As life goes on perhaps you'll find a partner in the crime industry so to say." Rei shrugged. He was looking forward to the life ahead of him.. Maybe he'd use a baseball bat as a weapon. Rei still couldn't get a handle on his abilities, as much as his mother protested there wasn't anything he could do about it to make her happy. He remembered the article that had been written about him as he shivered. As soon as they got the letter his mother tried to convince him not to go, that day... He once again halted his thoughts, something he had gotten used to when he was a kid. "If any trouble comes your way I'll back ya up. That's what friends are for."

That's what Rei's thoughts were on the matter and it seemed he was quite firm on it. His loyalties were not to be questioned.
As they walked into the cafeteria he tilted his head to the ruckus that was occurring with one of the classmates... Sam perhaps? Or was he Will? Or wasn't Will a girl? As usual it seems he was in tears because of someone else... An upperclassman? He was tempted to charge over there but... A different glint appeared in his eyes if anyone could tell.... It was more... Sinister perhaps?

He was curious as to the ways that the person could be dispo- dealt with. Besides it wouldn't be rational for a total stranger to charge up especially when such strong friends accompanied him. For another day. On the other hand he other side of him was screaming with brotherly instincts, he bit his lip. Wasn't there a policy on no weapons? He dug out his phone and snapped a picture before he tucked it back into his pocket. He patted Cora once on the head before he shoved his hands into his pockets with a bittersweet smile on his face. The other male was about his size as he tilted his head.

"Do you have a problem with my classmate? It looks like you've got people riled up over here." He commented taking one glance at Mayra. "I'm pretty sure violence unprovoked is against school policy and I'm pretty sure we all have eyes." He said in a purely joking manner although it sounded more sarcastic. "It'd be such a shame to see a hero in training bullying a newly established student- One that was an innocent citizen in tears. It'd also be a shame to see your career plummet before you can even get out there. I'm simply saying, right bud? Especially a shame if a picture were to get out of you pointing a weapon that's supposed to be protecting the public. The media would get a crack out of that." He scratched his cheek, "One second thought don't take it from me. Have at it! I'd love to see that." Rei commented clasping his hands together, still with his optimistic smile on his face.
latest

Interactions:
@IceQueen - Cora
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi - Eduardo
@The Writing Owl - Mayra​

• Love
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius

Cora felt bad for imposing herself on Rei. He seemed to be trying to cheer her up in any way possible, though with how dwindling her thoughts were it was hard to keep herself focused on the good in the situation. She was very desperate to go home and avoid having to talk about her powers. That of course would get her in tons of trouble and probably a government facility.

Looking at Rei Cora started to fiddle with her hair absentmindedly. "Music tends to trigger my abilities, and I'd probably end up ruining everyone's day every time I sing." She mumbled, tugging on her hat. It seemed to be a nervous habit, that and tugging on her earrings.

When Rei mentioned not poisoning Cora she giggled. "I doubt it. You probably wouldn't poison me unless you tried. I eat lots of seafood. I've built up a tolerance." She said with a small smile. "Though it would be nice to be able to cook a little bit. I'm afraid I'm terribly clumsy in the kitchen as well, but then again, maybe I should go to art...." She mumbled, picking at her lip. She was still very embarrassed.

Before Cora had a chance to ask Rei what he thought she should do she noticed a crying coming off from the distance. Apparently someone had decided to pick on one of the kids from her class. While Rei valiantly wandered up to the bully and confronted him with kindness, Cora snuck around the back to where the kid, she vaguely remembered his name being Sam, and tried to comfort him.

"P-Please don't cry." She stuttered quietly, looking at him. "You're not the only one who feels very out of place here." She added, her hair still draping over her eye. "Here." She managed, digging a pack of tissues out of her bag and handing them over. "You can use as many as you want. Sorry, I'm not very good at cheering people up." She added, tugging her hair away from her eyes. "Don't listen to him though. He's just hiding his other lacking areas with his attitude."

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Eduardo's sneer grew bigger with every stutter coming out of the blond kid's mouth. Too easy, he thought to himself, watching more tears run down the boy's cheeks. Eduardo couldn't help but laugh at the idea of this kid fighting against criminals. What is he going to do? Cry at them to go to jail? He's gonna be an embarrassment to HSSI when he goes into the field.

Eduardo felt a tug on his fingers tips and before he could stop himself, his finger poke the skin on Sam's nose and drew blood. It was a tiny drop, no more than a pin prick, but it was enough to break the kid even more. He started spouting apologies, tumbling out of his seat and to the floor. As Sam hid under the desk, Eduardo examined his hand. He could hear the murmur of his friends behind him, one of them mentioning the spoon had moved on its own. He definitely wasn't imagining things if it was Sam's powers that made him 'accidentally' injure the boy.

"Hey what's the big idea?" Eduardo growled. "What the hell are you trying to pull by doing that?"

"Hey! Pendejo! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

Eduardo turned to the voice as one of the girls sitting with Sam stepped in front of him. She was tall, standing four inches taller than him, but Eduardo didn't let that affect him. She was lanky with little muscle definition to her so it probably only her height she had on him and nothing else.

"Watch your language, Pinche puta. You have no idea who you are talking to." He returned her glare with his own. If she thinks she's smart to use those kinds of names on him, then she's got another thing coming. Especially if she thinks she can do it to one of this year's Top Ten. No way in hell are you gonna get away with it, coño

Then another freshman appeared, blond hair kept out of his eyes with a pair of bobby pins in the shape of an X. He was also here to come to the aid of the kid cowering under the table, commenting something about a tainted record if some picture of Eduardo were to circulate.

"That's why I got him." Eduardo pointed his thumb at one of his friends. Said friend smirked, eyes flashing a very light blue. Rei's phone vibrated and a split second later so did the bully's phone. He unlocked his screen and showed the group the photo Rei had taken of Eduardo pointing his claws at Sam's face. "Can't make a case if you don't have evidence right?

"Besides, all I'm doing is asking for some food to eat? Is that so wrong?" Eduardo shrugged, walking around Mayra and Rei as if he were about to leave, before spinning around and slamming his metal-encased hands on the table right above Sam's head. There was a new face under the table with him, handing him some tissues to wipe his face. Eduardo ignored her, eyes trained on Sam and Sam alone. "But apparently Flat Face here has a few dirty tricks up his sleeve. Ain't that right, Afro?"[/fieldbox]

• Love

WI5knNB.png

Will felt terrible when Sam started crying. She thought that she'd been being friendly! Shed never dealt with someone so delicate before though, so maybe her personality was just too intimidating for him? She made a mental note to come off in a muted way next time--well she'd try, she wasn't quite good at being not boisterous and excitable. She liked Sam though, and she wanted to be his friend, so she would try her hardest. And hey! Maybe after being friends for awhile, Sam would come into himself. Will couldn't see how someone could be jittery all their life and figured that it was a matter of first day butterflies. He'd probably calm down eventually.

But still, that took care of the future but what about the present? Will and tears did not mesh. She wasn't good with displays of emotion, public or private. She felt like a complete douche, but Will ducked her head, hoping Mayra would do the comforting. But before the other girl could even get out more than "Oh no, Sam.", an older student stalked up to them and began picking on Sam. Will stared at the guy--Eduardo-- in disbelief. He was one of HSSI's Top Ten? Him? Will was disappointed to know that HSSI even had assholes like him. She could tell right off the bat that this guy was more villain than hero, or worse, he was a hero for the glory and not the people, aka, a huge douchebag.

Will watched as Mayra got in the bully's face and read him the riot act. Will found herself mesmerized by the other girl's boldness and protective stance. She was awesome. Pure awesome.

Soon though, Mayra was joined by the guy from the bus--Rei who took a more blue collar route and threatened Eduardo and his minions with evidence from his phone. Will admired him too, she wouldn't have thought to do that, she was more of a 'let's square up' kinda girl. But threatening the guy was genius. Suddenly, Eduardo's minion #1 used some type of tech power to effectively remove Rei's blackmail.

Aw crap...Will thought. She'd hoped the guy would get scared off by the combined efforts of Mayra and Rei, but it seemed he was in for the long haul. Guess he's top ten for a reason. But that doesn't mean he get's to be a complete asshat. Will thought, and when Eduardo slammed his hands on the table, Will shot up and grabbed her half eaten bread roll and threw it right into the guy's face.

"You want some food? HERE YOU GO!!" She yelled, grabbing another roll and holding it like a quarterback with a football. "Still hungry, Douchardo? Cause I got more!" In hindsight she shouldn't have thrown the first 'punch' but he shouldn't have tried to pick on her friend.

SAM:

Sam felt like he was choking on his soul, and that wasn't even half of the problem. All of a sudden his ears were burning with the sounds of others. Lots of others. Classmates, witnesses, fresh eyes, fresh opinions, threats, violence, chaos...forget saying sorry, Sam was going catatonic. Eduardo's brief response to his power "hiccup" barely registered to the fear-laden boy. His cheeks were puffed up with an involuntary red, his eyes were streaming tears at an alarming rate, his breathing was about as uneven as his grandpa's lemon-lot junker engine, and his fingers were jittering like a bee on coffee. It took a minute or two for him to start sorting things out one by one, working himself back to a grounded, though no less tearful, state of being.

First was Mayra. She stuck a plastic something-or-other in his hands. Sam remembered his fingers running over it in an attempt to ground himself, but it wasn't until he let himself look down to the figure that he connected the dots. Mayra. Gloves. Cafeteria Tray. Statue. Comic Hero. Sam recognized the statue as Green Leaf, one of the few comics his mom hadn't worked on, but one that Sam had taken a major liking to regardless. The costume was from his Christmas edition issue, and the curly blond would later find himself marveling over the details. For now, though, there was more to run through.

The funny guy from class, Rei, had stepped up moments after Mayra. He was being passive-agressive about everything, and that stuck with Sam more than he expected it to. Ma always said, "A farmer's boy always gotta be blunt!" ...I guess he ain't a farmer's boy... He thought, reaching a jittery finger up to his lip before deciding against it. He could think later, especially since Eduardo tanked Rei's plan right before everyone's eyes.

The blue-haired girl had followed Rei into the fray, at least from what Sam could remember. They had been friendly in the classroom, so at least that much was clicking. She handed him some tissues and said a few encouraging words, but the latter of those was muffled by all sorts of background noise, Sam's crying, and what could've been the beginning stages of an ear infection for all the blond knew; just a bunch of bad things getting worse, at least from Sam's point of view. Regardless, from her expression, Sam got the gist of blue-haired girl's comments, and took the tissues with an inaudible thank-you, stuffing them in his face more to hide behind them than clean himself up.

Then Eduardo was there again, and there was just this...this huge, metalic BANG!...and the progress...all that sweet, sweet progress, simply fell into a pit and burned under the definitive bully's cataclysmic gaze. Food. He just wants food. Give him food! Just give him the food! Sam bid himself to speak, even under the circumstances. Anything to get away from whatever this situation was supposed to be.

"T-T-Take it! P-Pl-Please, t-take it a-and...and..." Sam choked on his words intentionally, knowing that if he followed up with "and go away," he'd likely regret it. Slowly and painfully, the curly-haired boy did his best to stretch his arm back towards the table, fighting every instinct telling him to remain curled in the tightest ball he could muster. It was a visible struggle as he shook against himself, clearly looking for the remainder of his food so he could present it to Ed with the best of intentions, but then another announced...or rather, re-announced, her presence by tossing one of the cafeteria's many stale bread rolls straight into Eduardo's jaw. With how close he had leaned, Sam heard the sharp slap of the shell-like crust with bitter clarity. Yet again by instinct, Sam recoiled back into himself like the butt of a hunting rifle into a shoulder after the day's first shot. He coughed at the jolt it gave him, but otherwise found himself at a loss for noise. Outside of his whimpers and heavy breaths, Sam made little more sound as he waited for some kind of resolution. Though, a resolution to what, specifically, was something he was still unsure of. The number of options seemed to grow by the second.

Interactions: Cora - @IceQueen , Eduardo - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mentions: All Present - @The Writing Owl , @xLarius , @Mundane Monster , @IceQueen , @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

• Bucket of Rainbows
Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi Mentions: @Ω Angel Ω, @Cosmic Medley, @IceQueen, @xLarius

Mayra appreciated the blond boy's help as he sauntered over and offered some back up. She gave him a nod of appreciation, making a note to ask for his name proper later. She recognized him from her class at least. Unfortunately for their little group, Ed seemed far too stubborn. Mayra bristled at the insults, getting ready to retort when the idiot decided he needed to get right in Sam's face. A blue haired girl had tried to get close to Sam so at least the kid had a bit of extra moral support as Ed decided to be an even bigger pendejo than he already was. It seemed she'd have to step in once again when a bread roll hit Ed's face.

Turning, Mayra saw Will standing up with another bread roll ready to be thrown. She even quipped at Ed as if she were some comic superhero, ready to save the day. The whole thing made Mayra want to laugh. Man, she thought, Will is so cute... Even though she wanted to leave it at that, Mayra knew that they needed to physically get Ed away from Sam before some kind of fight broke out. Steeling herself, she pulled on her second glove and slipped toward Ed.

She shoved the bully away from Sam, moving her position to once again stand in between Ed and Sam. "Didn't your mama ever tell you to work for what you want?" She quipped, glaring at the boy in front of her. "Or was she too busy too give a stupid cabrón like you her time?"

• Love
[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, ten"]Eduardo felt the impact of the stale bread roll right in between his eyes. He glared at the culprit, the other girl sitting with Sam whose ends of her braided hair were dyed blue. The next person to come in was that tall one from before, having gathered the courage to push him away. This lamp pole had the nerve to push him, a Top Ten, away as if it was nothing.

"You're really starting to piss me off," he growled at Mayra, speaking to her in Spanish. He stepped closer to Mayra, fists clenched. "You and your little damn freshmen posse."

"And whatever it is you're fighting about, this cafeteria isn't the place for it." An arm placed itself right between them. Eduardo took a step back, eyes still trained on Mayra. The owner of the arm stared at the two of them, stuffing his other hand in the pocket of his lab coat. Rhys was grateful to have stepped in just in time. He had heard the soft thud of the boy hiding under the table when he entered the cafeteria then rushed over when he heard Eduardo's hands bang the table.

"Alright, you two have a choice: walk away or we take this outside," he said.

"Outside," Eduardo replied immediately. "And it's gonna be against her." He nodded his chin at Mayra.

The school nurse nodded, though his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. The first fight of the year already and it's only the first day. "Then I will act as judge of this match. Go to the courtyard and you'll find Fighting Grounds Number 3. Both of you will have your chance to have at it over there."

Eduardo turned around and led the way to the designated area. Rhys purposely put himself between the upperclassman and Mayra, keeping a close eye on the two in case any of them let their anger get the best of them. Students followed after, many chatting animatedly about this year's first match. Ms. Markov's class followed as well and was soon joined by Il-Seong whose curiosity grew as soon as he saw the emerging crowd and Ilea who had rushed down from her place on the roof to join her class.

"Why is Mayra being led onto the fighting ring? Is she in trouble?" Ilea asked her fellow classmates, her brow creasing in worry.[/fieldbox]

Rei Arias
-
After his phone buzzed, he narrowed his eyes. He didn't like the fact that a student could creep into his phone. It wasn't like he had anything to hide. Just a couple of pictures of his mother and a couple texts that he'd never say out loud. All he had to say was break up over text hurt much more then it would if she had done it face to face. He bit his lip, he really had to get a geek tech to install some kind of virus sometime. Then again if that was an ability he didn't want any harm coming to that person. As the other's started ganging up, things escalated very quickly. Even though the evidence had been deleted it was nice to see other's who stood up for what was right. Although he was clenching his fists and wearing his charming smile despite what was occurring. He wanted to laugh at the statement, 'freshmen posse' but it seemed that it wasn't the appropriate time. He pondered what made this male so powerful that no one had done anything before. Leaving it simply to freshmen.

It seemed that there was a fight that was going to happen, unsteady words were being passed. Rei let out some sort of relieved sigh. If his mother were to get word that he was participating in a battle caused by his own emotions- Man he would never hear the end of it.

"Why is Mayra being led onto the fighting ring? Is she in trouble?" He heard a voice inquire. He ruffled his hair slightly disarrayed. He hadn't the darnest sense of what her name was. He spoke up, "Mmmn. Not exactly. Depends what you mean by trouble. Trouble by authority standards no, perhaps by battle standards? I haven't really seen her in play so I wouldn't know." Rei commented before scratching his cheek. The blonde was tempted to watch but he was starving, originally he had come down so Cora could be fed and now there was a battle... He knew that in a school location they couldn't get too hurt but he knew that by going he was able to gather data and such. Rei shoved his hands in his pockets and glanced at the main source of the commotion. 'Sam'. It seemed that Cora was comforting the poor guy. 'The weak get eaten and leave the strong to make up for it. That's how the earth stays balanced.' He remembered the pale skin and the look in his eyes it just- Rei shook his head before narrowing his eyes. The blonde would see this incident through... After all he hated business left unfinished.

latest

Interactions:
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi - Ilea

WI5knNB.png

Oh crap, it was going down.

And a part of Will was happy she wasn't apart of that because if her parents found out they would tear her up. She could just imagine her dad descending upon Hercules like a titan and snatching her up to be yelled at by both him and her mother. So on one hand, Will was happy she wasn't about to get in a fight on the first day. But on the other hand--Mayra. She didn't want her friend to square up with Douchardo. Who knew what the prick would do? Sure there was a teacher around but so far Hercules didn't seem too on top of controlling their students. What kind of school let altercations get that far anyway?

Will began to follow the rest of the crowd to the 'arena', but stopped when a niggling in her brain made her think that she forgot something. Her mouth formed an 'O' and she pointed her finger to the sky as if to say 'Eureka!'

Returning to the lunch table, she grabbed the rest of her food--a milk carton and a bag of veggie chips-- before crouching down so that she was eye level with her second reason for hanging back. "Sam! And..." She tapped a finger to her chin for a moment. "Cora!" She chirped at the two who were still huddled beneath the table. "Let's go see the fight! Mayra's fighting for you and we need to cheer her on!" She said with a grin, holding her hand out to Sam. She didn't really know what to say to Cora as the girl seemed to prefer Rei--and now Sam. Maybe she only preferred male company?

Not waiting for Sam to actually take her hand and just assuming he would, Will cast a smile Cora's way. "You coming? I think Rei went ahead." She glanced around as she said that and caught a glimpse of the blonde in question near the cafeteria doors. "Ah! Actually he's right there."

Interactions: @IceQueen @Ω Angel Ω
Mentioned: Mayra (@The Writing Owl ) , Eduardo (@Yuuki_Tatsunohi ) and Rei @xLarius

Mayra Ruiz & Yuliya Markov
Collab between @The Writing Owl & @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Interactions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi Mentions: @Ω Angel Ω

Mayra frowned as Ed decided he just couldn't leave them alone. At the very least she was getting to him as he switched completely to Spanish to respond to her. "Hey, you're the one who started-" She couldn't get another word out as an arm moved in between them. She turned to see a new adult (a doctor? a professor? who was this guy?) giving them two options to try and settle this. Finally! Now the guy could just go away and they could go back to lunch and-

"Outside. And it's gonna be against her." Mayra blinked, looking between Ed and the adult. Oh. Well. This was... this was allowed. Ms. Markov had said that fights with a judge were allowed. The frizzy haired girl followed the man and her opponent, torn. She clenched her gloved fist, watching Ed swagger ahead. Really, Ed deserved this. He deserved to get punched in his stupid face. However, Sam was probably still crying on the floor, and this was probably gonna make her miss the rest of lunch and maybe part of her first class. Though she didn't really want to go to class. But she probably should... and she really wanted to check on Sam. Before she knew it, they were standing in front of some kind of arena.

Yuliya had settled herself onto one the branches of the large oak tree planted in the middle of the courtyard. Several students had also taken a spot in the tree as well, but Yuliya was the highest among them. She turned the pages of the book she was reading, enjoying her lunch and the pleasant warmth of the afternoon. She had just finished the part where the main character of her book had his first recurring nightmare when she heard many voices all at once. A crowd had formed, a majority of them coming from the cafeteria and quickly joined by many from the surrounding areas. Everyone in the tree with Yuliya grew excited as well and jumped down from the oak tree to check out what was going on. Yuliya preferred to stay in her spot to finish reading as she had just gotten to the good part, but she did stand up to get a better look out of curiosity.

Everyone had gathered around Fighting Grounds 3. She saw Eduardo Pierce step up followed by Rhys Johnston and right after Rhys was,

"Mayra?"

No doubt that was Mayra Ruiz stepping into the ring opposite of Eduardo. Yuliya closed her book and packed her remaining lunch before jumping down from the branches of the tree with little effort. She jogged towards the fighting ring, making her way through the crowd and towards Rhys.

"Rhys, what's going on here?" she asked.

"Some students are going to fight against each other and I'm going to act as judge," he said bluntly. Rhys then turned to Mayra. "Can I get your name and grade please?"

She cautiously stepped onto the platform when someone else decided to insert themselves into the situation. Mayra turned to see her homeroom teacher run up to talk to the adult, Rhys. Blinking, she nearly missed the man's question. "Oh! Uh, Mayra Ruiz, Freshman." She debated whether she should speak more, tell Ms. Markov the whole situation. She guessed that would have to wait until after the fight. For now, she'd just have to focus on beating some sense into this pendejo.

"I figured that," she said, following Rhys to the judge's stand once he got Mayra's name. What she really wanted to know was why it was a freshman, especially one from her homeroom, going up against one of this year's Top Ten. Such a matchup wasn't unheard of, and it's not like it wasn't allowed. But in her two years of teaching, Yuliya has never seen a freshman go against an upperclassman. "Let me help out."

"Why? I'm judge of this."

"I'll be back up, in case things get too heated. Besides—" Yuliya turned back to the fighting ring "—one of them is from my homeroom."

"Fine, do whatever." He climbed onto the judge's stand and called for attention. "This is a one on one match between Junior Eduardo Pierce and Freshmen Mayra Ruiz. If you are knocked out of the ring or unable to battle, you lose. Use of powers and fighting techniques is permitted. Begin!"

She walked over to her side of the platform (or at least what she assumed was her side) and adjusted her gloves. As Rhys started to give the go ahead, Mayra shivered and felt a wave of horror rush over her like a wave. Oh. Oh no. She didn't know how to fight. She didn't know how to fight. How did she get in this situation? How did she even get into this stupid school? Sure, she knew how to throw a mean hook, but actually fighting with powers? She'd never used her powers like that before! How was she supposed to fight back against someone who was in the top ten of this stupid school? She was dead. She was dead and her parents were going to sob over her corpse.

She couldn't let that fear show. Straightening her posture and pulling back her shoulders, Mayra opened her arms. "Well, let's go then! You wanna fight? Fight me! Like a real man!"

Before the school nurse had declared the match start, Eduardo took some time to examine his opponent, obtain some details about her as he had done so in many of his previous matches. Obviously she was tall, but she had covered herself in clothing. Even her hands were gloved. So perhaps her powers lie in her skin just like his own, yet there must be another reason why she was clothed this much. Unable to control her abilities most likely. He'll have to be cautious to make sure she doesn't let even a portion of her skin touch him. No visible weapons on hand or anything she would need to channel her powers. She was a freshman and clearly inexperienced given how she practically asked him to land a punch instead of taking a stance herself.

He decided he would use that inexperience to his advantage, and show this stupid chica who she was dealing with.

Eduardo took a fighting stance, fingers rolled into tight fists. He rushed at Mayra, aiming one fist at her stomach followed by a swift kick to her side. He jumped back, bouncing on the balls of his feet as the crowd started cheering around them.

Eduardo resumed his fighting stance, dark metal spots forming on his knuckles. "You're not even gonna make this fight worth it."

She was in way over her head. Mayra managed to block the hit to her stomach, but was quickly shoved to the ground by the kick. She gasped, coughing as she clutched at her side. This was way different from the regular street fights of her childhood. This was calculated, planned, and definitely a lot more lethal. Struggling to her knees, the frizzy haired girl tried to regain her bearings. For a moment, the idea of just forfeiting crossed her mind. She could avoid this whole mess and throw in the towel. Sam's crying face crossed her mind. No, she couldn't give up. If she just gave up, then this pendejo would just start bullying Sam again and think he could walk all over everyone's life without any consequences.

Standing up, Mayra tried to come up with a plan. Giving up was out. But Ed had a huge advantage over her. She wasn't going to be able to beat him on strength alone. She bit her lip, trying to remember what the guy had said. First one unable to battle or knocked out of the ring loses... Okay. So she didn't have to necessarily beat him... just push him out of the ring. She could do that. Straightening to her full height, she threw out a smirk before responding to Ed's jab, "You're just scared that I'm going to beat you!"

With that, she ran full force at the boy. Vaguely she tried to remember the few lessons her papa had taught her about fighting. "You're tall, mija." He had said, keeping a firm grip on her shoulder. "Use that to your advantage. If someone tries to hurt you, fight back with all you've got!" With a steady hand, she planted a foot on the ground and threw a punch. Afterwards she ducked and grabbed Ed's middle, attempting to try and push him out of the ring. She gritted her teeth as she tried to just get him out of the stupid ring. If she could just push him out then this would all be over and she could go check up on poor Sam.

He dodged her fist and was ready to follow up with one of his own when she grabbed his torso and began pushing him back. He realized then her intention to push him out of the ring as opposed to knocking him out. Surely she had figured that she wouldn't be able to take him down and so opted to go with the other way of winning this match. Too bad Eduardo wasn't going to let her win that easily.

With metal encasing his entire hand, Eduardo repeatedly pounded her shoulder blade with his fist. His feet managed to find purchase on the ground, allowing him to put enough distance between him and Mayra. With his claws digging through her clothes and into her skin, he used her momentum to throw her off her feet and onto the ground.

"I'm not scared of you, coño," he replied to her in English. "Since you hang out with the blubbering mess like Flat Face." He laughed, raising a fist. "Let this be a lesson that this place isn't for weaklings like him, or like you."

Mayra grit her teeth, trying to just power through the hits to get this over with. She gasped when claws dug into her skin. She landed on the ground, coughing and grasping at her bleeding shoulder as Ed started to speak once again. She was about to ignore him when he let that one word slip. She froze. Oh. So he was going to take it that far. She started to shake as he decided to drag Sam into his taunts. Ed wasn't going to get in trouble for this. He wasn't going to get in trouble for any of it. He was just going to keep going on his way, torturing innocent freshman like Sam and calling them names. He was never gonna learn his lesson unless...

Standing up, Mayra let go of her shoulder and ripped off one of her gloves. "What?" She started, continuing to speak in Spanish. "Too scared of the consequences to say coño in English? You're gonna eat your words. Don't come crying to me when your friends leave a weak dick like you after this!" She ripped off her other glove, throwing the pair off of the stage. Fine. If Ed wanted her to fight, then she was going to fight.

Eduardo took one step back as she got to her feet, a newfound fury in her features. She removed one glove, mocking him for switching to English. She removed her other glove and the crowd cheered louder, some fellow classmates becoming noticeably more invested in the fight now that this girl was taking things seriously. The two teachers were paying more attention now as well; Rhys adjusted his glasses to see what Mayra can do.

As he threw his next punch, Mayra grabbed his fists and dug her fingers into the metal encasing his skin. Painstakingly, Mayra peeled the metal from Ed's skin. His skin bloomed red and raw as Mayra tossed the metal aside. She jumped away and grabbed at the ground. The floor of the stage melted under her fingers, bending around them as she scoped a chunk up as if it were clay. Before the chunk could fully bend and meld around her hand, Mayra threw it at Ed. She scooped up more of the arena's floor, turning the fight almost into a deadlier version of a snowball fight.

Eduardo swung, aiming his fist at her stomach. She caught it and somehow he was able to feel her nails digging through—through—his metal armor. He pulled back, watching as the metal was easily peeled off and left behind shiny raw flesh. He clutched his hand, falling to his knees as blood dripped from his knuckles. Something hard hit his side, and it was only then he realized Mayra was picking up handfuls of solid rock and flinging it at him. One more rock hit him again before he rolled out of the way, crossing his metal arms in an X shape in front of his head.

He held his defense, letting the pain on his knuckles subside. He was right to deduce her powers lay in her skin and this has got to be one of the reasons why she needs to wear gloves. She was like those characters from one of his favorite tv shows who could shape the earth to whatever they want. He can't do anything if he stays this far away, but if he got too close then she will just rip off his armor like an orange peel. He needed to act now, do something that would distract her long enough for him to take her down before she got that chance.

"You'll be the one crying after I beat you!" Eduardo grit his teeth, all the skin on his body tingling as it changed from tan to a shiny black. Even the wound on his fist was covered in metal, just thinner compared to the rest of his body. He stood up, pulling his arms back to reveal a face completely covered in metal. Eduardo's teeth had sharpened to fine points, giving him a demonic like appearance. He blocked one more flying rock, grabbing the smaller, broken chunks and hurling them back at Mayra before ramming his shoulder into her body.

Mayra scoffed as Eduardo tried to comment back, using his power to cover himself in the same black metal he had been using earlier. So this was the true extent of his power. She noticed that the metal covering his knuckles was thinner than the rest. Maybe he couldn't recover areas to the same thickness after they had been torn off? She threw one last rock when Ed decided to return the favor. She brought her arms to her face, wincing as the broken pieces of rock tore through her clothes. The shards cut across her body, leaving nothing serious but definitely making Mayra bleed more than she wanted. She lowered her arms only to be rammed into.

Mayra gasped, choking as she grabbed onto Ed desperately. She was nearly pushed off of the ring. Her grip managed to save her as instead she flipped over the boy in front of her. She ripped a large chunk of the metal off of his back, leaving his back bare while she started to mold the metal in her hands. She held onto an end, focusing solely on the metal as it twisted and formed to her mind's desire. It fluctuated and molded until a shiny metal bat was formed, weighing heavy in her hands. Good. She could use this.

Changing up her strategy, Mayra started to swing. She aimed for Ed's back. If the metal had been thinner around his hands where she had pulled it off, then maybe it would be just as thin on his back where she had torn more off. Using Ed's metal against him, Mayra swung her bat with as much force as she could muster.

Eduardo was so close to getting her out of the ring, ignoring the pain in his shoulder as the metal ripped itself off his skin at her fingertips. Then Mayra was behind him, his back on fire as she shaped the metal into what looked like a bat. He felt something warm dribble down his back, vaguely imagining a red blood mixing with whatever metal was left on his skin. Despite the intense pain, he stood up, refusing to be beaten here by this coño. Gritting his teeth through the pain, Eduardo sharpened his claws, swinging his arm around and aiming right at her face.

A hand grabbed Mayra's wrists, diverting the tall girl in another direction and using her momentum to steer her into the ground. Another hand grabbed Eduardo's, performing the same action of driving him into the ground and away from Mayra.

"Darn. I would have liked to see Hydrangea in action here," said Rhys, clicking his tongue in disappointment.

"This match is over. It's a draw," Yuliya declared over the protests of the other students. It was apparent these two were going to go all out on each other; Mayra's skill in creating a makeshift weapon as well as Eduardo's reaction to an oncoming threat could very well mean one of them would die. Yuliya didn't really voice her opinion on her boss' odd policy to allow fights, but she was sure death was not part of it. Rhys signaled he approved the decision, jumping down from the judge's stand to check on Eduardo and Mayra. Yuliya twisted Mayra's wrist enough to make her release the bat and kicked it away where it rolled to a stop just in front of Ilea. The brown haired girl stared at it for a long moment before picking it up.

"Let me finish this bitch." Eduardo got to his feet, rushing at Mayra and Yuliya with claws bared. Yuliya barely dodged, his thumb grazing against her cheek. She punched him once in the stomach then proceeded to flip him over her shoulder and face down to the ground, twisting his arm behind his back and one hand pressing his face into the dirt.

"I said this. Match. Is. Over," she reiterated, a drop of blood falling from the cut on her cheek. Yuliya released Eduardo, taking a step back as Rhys appeared at his side. The Junior student glared at Yuliya, be she remained unfazed. Yuliya turned to Rhys. "You help out Pierce and I'll tend to Ruiz." The school nurse gave her a look to which she quickly added, "I know first aid. If I find anything serious on her, I'll let you know."

Rhys nodded and addressed the crowd. "The rest of you get to class now. Or else you will be written up and receive detention. I can be there and do some . . . experimentation on your powers." He smiled gleefully, exposing his sharpened teeth. Yuliya gave him a look, reflexively stepping between him and Mayra. The disappointed—and frightened—crowd dispersed, including Yuliya's homeroom class. Rhys led Eduardo towards his office, occasionally quickening his pace to catch up with the fuming teenager

"Come on. Let's get you some bandages for those cuts," she said to Mayra, steering her towards the school building.

• Love
SAM:

Movement. Lots of movement.

Students were picking themselves up from chairs and tables, grabbing food to go, chatting, talking, murmuring...lots of movement. Sam saw it all as visual white noise. Ahead of the crowd was Mayra, Eduardo, and the staff mediator between them, and for the longest time, Sam simply watched on, waiting for the noise to trickle out of the cafeteria like sand down an hourglass. After all the antagonizing, bickering, and growling, a fading din of whispers seemed too peaceful of a transition. Regardless, it helped Sam stop crying. It also helped him make up his mind. Once everyone inevitably left him behind, he could just go to his next class. The solution was simple, and brought a relaxed smile to his face. Finally...something easy!

Sam recalled Cora hovering nearby, and his smile grew slightly. She was quiet company, and despite her height, she looked a bit older than him. Older usually meant stronger, so maybe if she decided to not attend the fight with him, he could have a safety buddy nearby while he calmed down! It was all a maybe, but it was doing wonders for the small, curly-headed blond. Proper color returned to his face, his tears were drying up nicely, and he was only barely hiccuping his breaths. It wasn't perfect, but it was enough of a recovery that, when Will backtracked from the crowd to offer a change in his plan, it didn't phase him nearly as much as it would have a few seconds before.

Mayra...she's fighting on my behalf, and that sucks, but they're going to a fighting ring, and there's a judge! That means it's controlled! Sam thought, focusing on Will's outstretched hand as a catalyst for clarity of mind. Plus, we're all supposed to be heroes, so that would make this something straight out of a comic! Maybe I'll get to see something cool so I can tell ma about it later... Finding enough justification to attend the fight wasn't hard, and Sam, after finishing his thoughts, picked himself up and walked off while Will focused on Cora. His face had returned to its neutral, mopey expression, but at least he wasn't crying anymore. At the very least, he didn't have a reason not to look forward to the school-sanctioned fight.

So he thought.

Sam eventually found himself outside, set snuggly within the circle of folks eager to see the bout commence. He wasn't so eager after catching another glimpse of Eduardo. What happened only a few minutes before already felt like a lifetime ago, but seeing Ed's face was like watching the whole scenario again through a looking-glass. It sent violent shivers up Sam's spine, and it occurred to him right then that he'd never get over it.

Then there was Mayra, standing around like a... What did she say? 'Tall plant'? ...and an angry one at that. More yelling before the actual fight only set Sam further on edge as he realized, very quickly, that maybe he was wrong in choosing to attend the match rather than having it relayed to him some other time, or no other time. Either-or. Of course, when he finally came to that conclusion, the crowd was too thick. He had a cozy front-row seat to all the action at this point, and there was no getting away. Sam saw this conclusive fate and felt his chest instinctively constrict with unease. As the fight began, he decided to try and look at things from a comic-book perspective to make the experience easier on him. Mayra Ruiz, the teenage material-molder, fighting against Eduardo, the huge, jerk-faced, metallic, meanie. Sam made sure to leave himself out of the story. Just knowing he was the insignificant civilian in this scenario made him nauseous. Then Eduardo made first contact, and Sam found something else to be nauseous about.

With a sickening thud, Mayra sank back, and Sam covered his mouth in absolute horror. He thought he had gotten the worst of it back in the cafeteria, what with the yelling and intimidation and whatnot. That wasn't true at all. That looked...and sounded like it hurt. Sam was thrust out of his wishful comic-esque thinking, and into the cold, unfeeling, unflinching hands of reality, and they didn't hesitate to wrap tight around his neck, choking his hope out of him. There was no comic-sans accompaniment, no flashy colors, no visual effects or foley, no cool costumes, no flying around or toughing through blows... Sam tried to back up, to express some interest in getting as far away from this unhealthy dose of real life to the crowd pushing at his back, but nothing came of it. His eyes only opened further in fear as he was forced to watch the two students punch, kick, grab, spit, and snarl desperately at each other. Then Mayra took off her gloves, and the last of the scales of fantasy fell from Sam's eyes.

Sam watched closer than he should have as Mayra peeled away Eduardo's metallic covering from his hand. He remembered how he used to peel away dead skin from his feet after a long day of chores on the farm. He remembered digging too deep at one point, scraping away one layer more than necessary. He remembered how it never bled, but it looked redder than usual, and it stung like crazy. He never tried to peel away dead skin after that, because the simple act of it reminded him of that stinging sensation...this was like that reminder, only a billion times worse. Ed's skin wasn't just red, it was practically gone, leaving raw, bloody flesh in its place. Bloody, as in real blood. Sam couldn't remember the last time he saw it like that. He got a nosebleed last year, and he was used to seeing his pa walk in the house with all sorts of goofy-looking scratches around his ankles. Some of those bled, but not like this. Not like Mayra, and not like Ed.

It only got worse as the fight drew on, and Sam unwillingly became numb in order to cope with the excess of violence. He never thought of himself as cushy. He lived on a farm, for pete's sake! He'd seen plenty of nature documentaries for homeschool, and knew what hard work looked like. He was a fair bit stronger than he appeared with the chores he had to do at home, and he was familiar enough with bullies to think he had semi-thick skin for his age...but Sam never felt a more unrelenting feeling of absolute worthlessness wash over him than now. There was a definitive difference between him and the two fighters bleeding before him. A difference in clout; in knowing what it takes to make it in the real world; in being strong. And here he was, watching from the sidelines because he couldn't even talk in the face of adversity.

All of a sudden, the battle was over. It was declared as a draw, but Sam saw it differently. They're the winners...I'm the loser. He stood in place for a moment as the crowd dispersed at the judge's command, then began to walk to Mayra. Sam didn't know why his body was doing what it was, but he went along with it. Of course he started crying again, but he couldn't feel the sting in his nose or cheeks as the tears bubbled over. It seemed he was just used to it at this point. Regardless, he stepped in front of Mayra and Ms. Markov as they moved towards the school, as if he wanted to interject with a word or two. His body moved on its own, though, and Sam was left to stare at the two before him like an idiot.

Maybe I should thank her. Maybe I should apologize. Maybe I should say everything was my fault. Should I be insistent about it? Nice? Mean? Should I...give her a hug, or something? Handshake? I could just walk with them and make sure she gets better. Maybe I could find her some food. We kinda just skipped most of lunch, after all. Should I talk about Ed? "Oh yeah, he was a total jerk, right?" Small talk? Is that a good idea? I should definitely thank her though. Should I say it in Spanish? Or English? What if I get the word wrong? Would that be disrespectful? Would she be mad at me? Would she laugh at me? I'd probably look like the biggest loser on the planet if I screwed that up. What if Spanish isn't her first language? What if I'm just getting it wrong and it isn't Spanish at all! I barely know it anyways, so maybe I should just stick to English. Or nothing. I could just say nothing at all. But it'd be rude not to not say nothing...

"I..." Sam began after contesting with himself for a solid minute, not registering anything outside of his own personal conflict. Before he could speak further, he looked up and recognized exactly where he was: In front of people that were better than him. His mouth clammed up, and with tears still shimmying down his face, Sam booked it back to the main building, arriving at his next class late. He found it in himself to apologize to the teacher, but his heart wasn't in it. Sam was just tired now. The day was too long to be real.

Interactions: Will - @Cosmic Penguin , Mayra - @The Writing Owl , Yuliya - @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Mentions: Cora - @IceQueen , Eduardo & Rhys

Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @The Writing Owl
Cora didn't want to watch this fight. She absolutely didn't but there was no way she was getting out of it now. Looking at Will, who scarcely remembered her name, Cora wandered forward timidly, her legs shaking as she got outside. By then the fight had already really started, something Cora couldn't bare to watch. There was too much noise, too much violence. If she didn't watch it she'd blow the whole arena away.

The fight was called over fairly quickly but the bully didn't want to stop there. Cora's gaze was on the woman defending Sam. She didn't know how to help in this situation or if she'd get written up for detention but it was easier than letting her homeroom teacher waste time walking her around.

"Uhm, Mayra is it?" Cora asked timidly, wandering up next to the teacher and her fallen companion. "I can take her to the first aid office Ms Yuliya. I know quite a bit of first aid." She mumbled, her gaze determined. Cora, trying to be helpful despite her shaking limbs, grabbed Mayra's arm gently and looked at her. "What class do you have next, I can walk you there." She said, offering a kind smile as she looked at the woman who fought for someone else on the first day.

~Yuliya Markov~
Mentions: Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω,
Interactions: Mayra Ruiz @The Writing Owl, Cora Kitonobe @IceQueen
Yuliya stepped off the fighting grounds when a person approached them. She recognized it was Sam and realized how horrible he looked. His eyes were bloodshot, nose red, and she could make out dried tear trails on his cheeks. He looked like he wanted to say something, but suddenly turned around and headed back to the school with fresh tears. Yuliya watched him go, concern etched on her features. She was about to ask Mayra when Cora appeared and offered to help.

"Thank you, Cora. But I got her." Yuliya smiled at the bespectacled girl. She paused for a moment, then added, "Actually, I can allow you to take Mayra to her next class when I done here. I know Eduardo Pierce's friends might try to pick a fight to get back after what happened today, so it'll be better if Mayra had some company on the way." She gestured towards the school, leading the way. "Come on. I'll write you both hall passes afterwards."

Reactions: MIIDD

WI5knNB.png

As the crowd began to disperse, Will was quickly informed that she needed to head to Home Economics. Home Ec! How in the world was she supposed to focus on--on sewing, and baking or whatever economics symbolized! She had just seen the fight of her life! The fight of the ages! A bigger fight than when King Fu and Phyte Nyte had gone toe to toe to discern who was the best fist fighting hero! It could be that this fight was so awesome because Will actually knew one of the combatants and had been cheering like a maniac throughout the battle--but she just couldn't calm down! She wanted to go to the nurses office with Mayra but she'd been too far away to intercept her, Cora and Ms. Markov. Speaking of Ms. Markov--Will was glad that the homeroom teacher had been around. The teen didn't trust the other teacher and didn't like how he mediated (or what was the word when you don't really do shit) the fight. He rubbed Will the wrong way and she hoped the rest of the teachers weren't like that creep.

As she strode through the halls towards her elective, Will's mind was racing. Even if there hadn't been a definite winner, Mayra was the winner in Will's eyes and every winner deserved a prize. The teenager totally wasn't biased in this decision because Mayra was hot. Yup. Nope. She was totally clear headed. Anyway--What could she even get for her? A ribbon? Lame. A trophy? Impersonal. She pushed these thoughts to the side as she entered the Home Ec classroom and cringed. She hadn't signed up for Home Ec because she was interested in it, but because that was something her mother would have liked her to do. Her mom loved everything that would improve Will's control and apparently cooking and sewing or whatever, would do just that.

The class was quite large to accommodate the few desks in the front near the chalkboard and the rows of tables in the back, complete with ovens and sewing machines. There were aprons on hooks on the far right wall, and there was a little station that looked like an open bathroom sans the toilet. In case of an accident, I suppose? She thought as she chose a seat, the teacher wasn't in the classroom yet as far as Will could see so, so far it was just her and a couple of other students. As she and the other students settled into their seats, a girl with bright pink hair all but cartwheeled up to the teacher's desk. Will cocked her head to the side as the student began to scribble on the chalkboard. When the pink haired girl finished, she spun on her heel and fixed the other students with a million dollar smile.

"Hello, everyone! Welcome to Home Economics! I'm Mrs. Flintley! You may have seen me around--Or thought you had." She grinned mischievously. Will was surprised that this girl--err woman was their teacher, even though she looked so young.

"I know that today is you guys' first day and you guys had some interesting...Entertainment during lunch--But! I'd be a poor teacher if I let you have a day off before you've even started, wouldn't I?" Mrs. Flintley chirped and began to rummage in the massive closet at the front of the class. She began pulling out bunches upon bunches of yarn, as well as the utensils to handle them. She turned back to the class with an even wider smile. Will wondered if the expression was stuck on the woman's face after being used too many times.

"Today we're going to knit! I would love it, if you could knit a full scarf--But!" Why did she keep saying 'but' like that? Will pondered. "It's you're first day, so try to make at least a square. I'll demonstrate and then let you guys have a go at it! Oh! Pair up after the demonstration! It's easier to do your best when you're surrounded by friends!" She then went on to set up for the demonstration, leaving Will to survey the room.

Surrounded by friends, hm? I didn't even get a chance to really make any--And neither Sam or Mayra are even in here. She thought as she looked for a partner.

Mentioned: Yuliya, Rhys, Cora & Mayra
Interactions: Anyone in Home Ec

Last edited:
Rei Arias
-
It was like if his life flashed before his eyes.

He told himself he would stick through what he started-
Well. He had to look at how far that got him.

After getting shoved and pushed by the crowd he found himself watching the fight from a good view- Too perfect. He sat and attempted to flirt with the cutie beside him. She had long black hair and her eyes seemed to flash a few colors before it settled with a dull gray. The girl didn't find him amusing- Although Rei eventually got a number, as soon as he finished something turned his attention back to the battle. Although Mayra seemed to be younger- That didn't mean she was any inexperienced from the way she moved. Then again he could be overestimating her. Rei focused on every single movement, everything else turning to white noise. It made him squirm in his seat- To watch something gruesome but yet to be fixed to it. He took out a pen, beginning to scribble letters on his arm until it seemed that his whole wrist was covered in black ink. Something stopped him though.

He slipped a mint into his mouth as he went down the quiet halls. Most folks were occupied with the fight. He nervously fiddled with his watch as he took a deep breath. Black ink was smudged all over his arm as he attempted to brush off the small droplets of water- or sweat. Whatever it was he didn't like it. He perked up as he heard a lot of bustling noise- The fight was over from the sound of it. Rei took a deep breath before briskly dashing down the hallway, his shoes making a nice squeaking noise as he stopped. He slipped into the Home Ec room with a smile plastered on his face. Smile, forget, repeat.

At the bell rung he covered his mouth- covering up a sheepish grin. Rei had forgotten to check in with Cora, he wondered if she watched the battle. Then his thoughts wandered elsewhere, he wondered if he should attempt at texting the lady first. It seemed that girls loved to play hard to play- He wasn't sure of testing girls with powers that could completely obliterate him though. He let out a sigh as he turned his attention back to the teacher of Home Ec. A grin snapped on his face as he straightened up. He could already tell that the year would be put off to a running start if he could be taught by energetic teachers everyday of his life. He cracked his knuckles before the teacher announced something about partners. Something about yarn fascinated him. Perhaps it was because of the variety of colors or the sentiment put into them. Maybe his brother would appreciate a scarf or two.

He scooted out of his chair before approaching the familiar person, he should remember this name. Short, simple, sweet, bold. He ruffled his hair unknowingly tainting it with the gray of water mixed with ink.

"Wiiiiiiill!"

Rei said throwing his hands up in the air before walking up to the individual.

"Mind being my gravity in this spacious place? I know she said after but it's muuuuuuch more convenient this way. Eh? Or did you have another person in mind? 'Don't mind either way although I may be a bit disappointed."

Rei asked, after every word his sentence seemed to be growing quicker and quicker. As he took a deep breath before Will even had a chance to answer he begun again,

"Ehhh? Unless you forgot who I am? That kinda makes me sad but I suppose I don't pop out... Do I? I don't think so, but then again I don't think. Oops!"

He said before laughing sheepishly,

"How 'bout it?"

latest

Interactions:
"Will Washington" @Cosmic Penguin

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: IceQueen
~Yuliya Markov and Mayra Ruiz~
Collab between @Yuuki_Tatsunohi and @The Writing Owl
Interactions: @The Writing Owl, @IceQueen
Mentions: Cora Kitonobe @IceQueen, Sam Kulka @Ω Angel Ω, Will Washington @Cosmic Penguin

Yuliya led Mayra to her office with little trouble and Cora in tow. Yuliya managed to lead her students through less occupied stairways and halls, leaving little chance for them to get stopped and deal with many questions. She opened the door, revealing a small office space with a large shelf against the wall crammed with books that have clearly been read many times. There were more books stacked together on the side, some stacks even carrying a coffee mug or two.

The fight ended in a flurry of movements for Mayra. One moment she was aiming to bash Ed's head in and the next she was on the ground, her bat with handprints in the handle rolling toward another student and Ms. Markov declaring the fight a draw. Her world was a swirl of people and words as Ms. Markov steered her toward the school building, finally arriving at a small office filled with books and looking a lot less pristine than the rest of the school. Mayra relaxed at the homely vibe, being reminded of the libraries back home with the book surrounding them.

"Sorry for all the books. You can sit down in that purple chair though," Yuliya said, pointing to the said chair. "Let me get my first aid kit and patch up the cut from Pierce and then I'll help you." She moved behind her desk, rummaging through the drawers in search of the first aid supplies. "That was pretty neat what you did over there with the ground. I can't do that, but that's a smart idea to try and overwhelm your opponent."

She pulled out the first aid kit with a triumphant smile. Yuliya laid out the kit on the table, quickly cleaning her cheek of the dried blood and applying a band-aid. Pulling out a mirror, she looked at her reflection for a minute, pursing her lips; the tan adhesive looked awkward just being on her face. Maybe a little touchup with makeup will help hide it, or she can bank on word getting around of what she did at today's fight to justify having a band-aid in the middle of her face. Better Yuliya play it safe and put on some makeup. She pulled her chair to Mayra's side.

Ms. Markov's voice broke Mayra out of her little reverie, bringing her back to the reality of the situation. She stiffly shuffled over and sat herself in the chair, about to grab it to scoot it closer to the desk when she remembered. Wait... I don't have my gloves on. Immediately, Mayra pulled her hand in close to her stomach, not wanting to accidentally touch anything and ruin it. She blinked as Ms. Markov complimented her use of her powers. But... She had... "But I basically almost destroyed the platform." Mayra blurted, watching as her homeroom teacher look at a cut on her cheek. "I mean, thank you for the compliment and everything, but now there's probably a bunch of holes in school property and..." She trailed off as Ms. Markov pulled up a chair and sat by Mayra's side.

"No worries. Those fighting rings get torn up all the time, considering the student body," she said to reassure Mayra the fighting ring was nothing to worry about. "Alright, hold out your arm please." She held up a few rubbing alcohol pads. "It's going to sting, unfortunately, but it'll be quick. Then you can be on your way to class."

Looking between her teacher and her arms, Mayra bit her lip. She could see the dark red splotches around the cuts, emphasizing the tears in her shirt and the bloody results. She almost wanted to reach up to her shoulder where Ed's claws had left bloody punctures in her turtleneck. Welp. Guess she could never wear this shirt again. Taking a deep breath, she looked up at her teacher and fidgeted. "Um, Ms. Markov? You wouldn't happen to have a pair of gloves I could wear? I just... I don't want to start... ruining things like..." She looked back down at her arms and flashes of Ed's bloody fist came back in her mind's eye. "... I really hurt him... didn't I?" A sense of panic started to swell in her chest.

"I... I didn't want to actually make him bleed!" Mayra exclaimed, voice defensive as she curled her hands toward her stomach. "I just-he was going to hurt Sam! And he was being such a dick to everyone and he was just being such a huge bully and I didn't even want to fight him! I just wanted him to leave us alone and help protect Sam! I wasn't even going to use my powers but then he called me coño and I couldn't just let that slide and the next thing I knew he was bleeding and I tore a whole chunk of his metal off his back and I was going to hit him because I just wanted to make him hurt and pay for what a horrible person he was being!" Mayra could feel tears welling up and curled a bit further into herself. What would her parents think of her now?

Yuliya paused, letting the tall girl speak. So this whole thing was caused by Eduardo. That will need to be reported, especially since it was started by one of this year's Top Ten. He won't lose his title, unfortunately, but she can hope he begins to truly understand the meaning of being a Top Ten and a potential hero after having a word with multiple staff members. When she noticed tears forming in Mayra's eyes, she grabbed a bunch of tissues from her desk and handed them to Mayra.

"Hey, hey. It's okay," She began. Yuliya waited a few seconds before rummaging through her belongings to look for a pair of gloves. "In a fight, you do what you can to take down your opponent, and that includes using your powers. You were only doing what you need to do." She frowned when she found a small handkerchief between the covers of one of her books, removing it and setting it on her desk before resuming her search. "I was more worried about you since you were going up against a Top Ten. He's not number one, but still."

Mayra took the tissues gratefully, sniffling as she wiped away any trace of tears and listened to her teacher speak. She could feel herself relax a bit as Yuliya reassured her that her actions were warranted. It still didn't ease her worries of having gone too far, but Mayra would take it. If anything, maybe this would help her find a way to get out of this crazy school. Unbidden, Will's smile and Sam's nervous face flashed in her mind's eye, but she quickly waved those thoughts away. They'd be just fine. It was only the first day, after all. No need to get attached to anyone.

"Eduardo will be fine. Our nurse is one of the best nurses for this school and is very much prepared for these kinds of things. And besides, standing up to a bully, whether it be to protect yourself or someone, is a very admirable thing to do." From behind a stack of books, she pulled out a pair of dusty winter gloves. "Well, you can borrow these if you want. Unfortunately, these are all I have with me at the moment, so I hope this will be alright." She set the gloves on her desk and resumed her spot next to Mayra. "But let's get those wounds fixed up before you put them on, okay? You wouldn't want to walk around bleeding."

Seeing the winter gloves, Mayra could feel the rest of her tension slide away. It wasn't perfect, far from it, but at least she'd have some kind of safety blanket to get her through the rest of the day. As Yuliya once again asked for her arms, Mayra hesitated for a moment before finally presenting her arms. "J-just... be careful." Mayra cringed at how scared she sounded. It was just a few cuts! She knew she was going to be fine, but if Ms. Markov touched her skin... she wasn't sure how that would go. In the meantime, she held her breath and tried not to react to the burning sensation of disinfectant cleaning her cuts.

Mayra could feel her silent awkwardness crawling up her back. She should probably say something. She had a million and one questions after all. What would happen to Eduardo? Would he be properly punished? How did one even get accepted to a school like this? Mayra knew how she wound up here, but she didn't know anything about anyone else. Was Ms. Markov a superhero? Sure, Mayra didn't know much about the real life superheroes of America, but it still would've been nice to know. Were others being forced to come here as well? Questions with no answers crowded her head as Mayra tried not to fidget.

Yuliya took Mayra's outstretched arms and began cleaning the wounds. She gently wiped away any dirt and dried blood, quickly placing a bandage on the wounds. Yuliya noted some of the more severe wounds were on her shoulders; large punctures in her skin Yuliya figured where from Eduardo's claws. She took extra care when cleaning those areas, making sure to apply extra gauze on the wounds to absorb the bleeding. When finished, Yuliya rechecked her work for any missed areas or faulty bandages and straightened up.

Mayra let out a breath as Ms. Markov finished wrapping up her arms, making sure to take care of her shoulders as well. She stood up, rolling her shoulders a bit and wincing at the stab of pain and stiffness of the bandages. Definitely not what she expected of her first day at this hero school, but at least Mayra had gotten her first "fight" out of the way. Now she just had to survive the rest of what this school threw at her before she could finally go home.

"There you go, all finished,"
she said. Yuliya put away all her first aid supplies and stored the kit back in the drawers of her desk. "You should be good to go. Those wounds on your shoulder are deeper than other areas, so be careful not to strain yourself today or else those bandages might fall off and you'll start bleeding again." She quickly glanced at the clock on her door then added, "Looks like class has already long since started, so I'll write a hall pass for both you and Cora." Yuliya rummaged through her drawers once again, pulling out an orange pad with the school's logo at the top and writing out two hall passes for Cora and Mayra. "Here you go and don't forget the gloves too." She slid the hall pass and the borrowed pair of gloves to the girl and then opened the door to give Cora's pass when another girl suddenly appeared.

"Ilea Hart," Yuliya said.

"H-hello, Ms. Markov," Ilea said softly. She was carrying the black bat Mayra made out of Eduardo's metal during their match. She looked at Yuliya then the bat, her cheeks turning red when she realized what her sudden appearance with the weapon implied. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to skip class or anything. Especially not with this thing either!" She fumbled with the bat, almost dropping it.

"Here. Give it to me." Yuliya took the bat from the fumbling girl, casually leaning on the makeshift weapon. "But I have to ask, why are you here instead of in class?"

Ilea turned an even darker shade of red and stared at a nearby stack of books. "I was, um, well, I wanted to see if Mayra was okay." She looked past Yuliya, turning her attention to Mayra. "I watched your fight, and you were really cool up there. I don't know why you two were fighting, but I heard he was one of the school's elite and seeing you up there against him, I was scared for you. But you fought really hard against him and you have a really strong power too!" She smiled shyly at Mayra. "You were amazing, Mayra. Really amazing."

Ilea shook her head, turning back to Yuliya. "I'm sorry Ms. Markov, I should have gone to class instead. I just . . . wanted to see if Mayra is okay."

Taking the gloves gratefully, Mayra thanked her teacher as she got ready to head back to classes. She had Art next, a thankfully normal class to offset the whole craziness of the fight. She'd be late, but at least she had someone else to walk with her to class. Just as she was about to go thank Cora for staying to try and walk her back to class, Ms. Markov opened the door to a vaguely familiar girl. Mayra was immediately drawn to the sight of her bat, the metal shining menacingly and her handprints still forever dented into the handle. Had the girl-Ilea, Ms. Markov said her name was Ilea-picked it up after the whole fight?

She got her answer as Ilea went off about how amazing Mayra had been, singing her praises. Mayra felt her face heat up at the shorter girl's proclamations. She... she had wanted to make sure she was okay? "Ah... I mean... I was just trying to help out Sam... but-thanks." Mayra stumbled over her words as she tried to wrap her head around the fact that this girl-who didn't even know her!-was concerned over her and thought she was cool! She rubbed her bandaged arm. How was she supposed to deal with this? Luckily, Ms. Markov took the opportunity to usher the girls out of her office and towards their next class.

Yuliya sighed, but there was a small smile on her lips. "Well, that is nice of you to check on your fellow classmate. I'll write you a pass, but next time--which I do hope doesn't happen anytime soon--" Yuliya gave Mayra a warning look "--please go to class right after a fight." She handed Ilea a written hall pass for her to use then let both girls step out of her office. "Know what class you guys have next?"

"Art," Ilea replied.

Yuliya nodded. "Nice. Alright, all of you head to class and hand those slips to the teacher. Mayra, if you need new bandages, please come and see either me or the school nurse. We don't want you bleeding any more than you already have."

"See you guys tomorrow!"
Yuliya waved, watching them go then closing her office door.

Mayra grabbed her pass and nodded to Ms. Markov. "Yes ma'am. I promise, I won't get into anymore fights anytime soon!" She waved a goodbye before turning to Cora and Ilea. "Thank you guys both for waiting for me. You both really didn't have to." Fidgeting, Mayra glanced between them before hesitantly starting to walk down the hallway. "Well, I guess we should get going to art!" With that, Mayra hoped she could leave behind the stupid fight and just make it through the rest of her day.

Ilea nodded, catching up to the tall girl as she began walking to the class.

"See you guys tomorrow!" Yuliya waved, watching them go then closing her office door.

• Love