Hercules School For Super-powered Individuals (OOC)

Yuuki_Tatsunohi

勇気 竜火
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Magical Realism, Slice-of-life, AU, Post-apocalyptic, mythology, time travel, fandom, romance, slow burns. Well, basically anything except for what is stated in the "Don't Like" section
[warning]No longer accepting characters! Sorry![/warning]

IC

[tab=Premise]

• beautiful-city-lights-pretty-Favim.com-515050.jpg
    Aurora City, Oregon

School-floating.jpg
    Hercules School for Superpowered Individuals
    The sky, base city is Aurora City

ucsd-dorms.jpg
    Hercules Dormitories
    Aurora City

full_exteriorp40322_00_n63_printmedium.jpg
    Crux Labs
    Aurora City​

• Everyday. These classes will be everyday and are in the first half of the day followed by lunch at 1.
    • English with Ms. Markov
    • Math
    • Physics
    • History
    The next few classes are on the assigned days only, and are in the latter half of the day with the exception of homeroom. Homeroom is in the morning, for the first half hour.

Mondays
    • Homeroom with Ms. Markov
    • Elective
    Tuesdays
    • Gym with Shen Yan
    • Elective
    Wednesdays
    • Gym with Shen Yan
    • One on One ability training
    Thursdays
    • Basic martial arts and fighting technique development
    Fridays
    • Simulation training with Shen Yan
    Electives are for you to pick. Currently offered electives are
    • Music
    • Art
    • Foreign Languages
    • Computer sciences/technology studies
    • Home Economics
    • Study hall
    Note: everybody will have Yuliya and Shen's class together. I'll allow the other subject times to be at your own choosing as long as they follow the basic format above. If it's better for everyone to have all their classes together, let me know and we can do that.

Another Note: Except for those classes with teachers already named, you are free to fill in the space with your own teachers. Do know once a teacher has been named, they will become universal to all the characters' classes. So for example if Will has math with X then Abraham will also have math with X and so on. This is because I do not have any plans for those teachers in those positions. Okay, well a little bit of laziness too :p but mostly because I don't really have anything planned for those other teachers.

• Blackwater penitentiary

1. ALL IWAKU RULES APPLY. YOU WILL BE REPORTED IF YOU BREAK THEM.
    2. @IceQueen and I will be GMs. Our word is final.
    3. Absolutely no one liners. Give us something juicy to read! A minimum of two (2) paragraphs for your IC posts, no less, but you are more than welcome to write bigger ones. :)
    4. There will be no posting order in the roleplay. Post at anytime you want as long as your post follows rule number 3
    5. With that said, please provide one IC post once every month. If that is not possible, let us know ahead of time, otherwise your character will be left behind and possibly kicked from the roleplay.
    6. In the event that your character is going to be having a conversation with another character, collaborate with the other player. This is to prevent spamming, players losing track of the thread due to massive amount of notifications, and a smoother flow in the IC.
    7. If doing a collab, notify us in the OOC so we know what's up!
    8. NO SMUT.
    9. No godmodding, no metagaming. Obvious standard.
    10. Have a thought? A scene? An idea? A villain for everyone to fight? Tell us! I highly, highly, encourage you to share some of your ideas or any plot candies you might have for the roleplay. We may not be able to get to it right away, but I can assure you we will keep your idea in mind :)
    11. NPCs are there to help you. Make use of them as long as they do not do anything that is major or changes the direction of the story. We the GMs will be using them for that.
    12. However, do not use NPCs as your sole source of interaction. Try to interact with other players.
    13. Tag the person whom you are interacting with. That way anyone will know that said post would pertain to them.
    14. Write in third person. Not first, not second, third.
    15. Be civil to one another. Fights in the IC will be allowed (encouraged even) but not in the OOC. @IceQueen or I will jump in and stop that.
    16. And last but not least: Have fun!

• In order to avoid potential characters from becoming overpowered, there will be a list of banned powers. Characters cannot have these powers as they are basically game changers, very difficult to work with, and can pretty much ruin the roleplay. They are as follows:
    • Telekinesis
    • Telepathy
    • Precognition
    • Omnipotence
    • Omnipresence
    • Time-related powers
    • Probability manipulation

• [Insert picture here]

Name:

Alias/hero name:

Role: (Student or teacher)

Age (between the ages of 15-17 if a student):

Height:

Sexual Orientation:

Powers and abilities:

Abnormal features

Body Type:

Hobbies:

Dislikes:

Personality:

Bio:​

~*Credit to original premise of this rp belongs to @OddlyEverAfter and the original thread found here*~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Totally just thought of this now but @IceQueen, Crux Labs may be of interest to you when exploring ideas for plot stuff for Cora. Of course, They would be of interest to anyone who wants to give it a try as well since they research how to enhance superpowers in the field along with the origin of them, but since Cora is not human (right?), Crux Labs would very much want to find out more about her. Plus her backstory as well can bring up any underlying issues she might have.

If anyone has any ideas about them or other stuff you like to see in the RP, I'd love to hear them! :D
Sounds good to me!

• Love
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Just a friendly reminder to collaborate if there is going to be a back and forth conversation! ^_^

Sounds good to me!
Woot!

I wonder, for Cora's 'adoptive' parents, would they have been associated with Crux Labs or another Laboratory company? Either option would bring about some interesting conflicts :O

Reactions: xLarius
Just a friendly reminder to collaborate if there is going to be a back and forth conversation! ^_^

Woot!

I wonder, for Cora's 'adoptive' parents, would they have been associated with Crux Labs or another Laboratory company? Either option would bring about some interesting conflicts :O
I would say they were probably from a different company and I have an idea on that. Pm me

I apologize if this were brought up before, I'm assuming the schedules are the same? Or are there certain classes for particular types of powers, along with their interest in what type of work they'd like to focus on?

Ooooh Will is onto something!

sneaky little asian face.jpg

Question for you @Mundane Monster! I was looking through Will's profile and it looks like her parents are already heroes at this point. Would they be established and famous heroes with a bit of a family reputation going on?

I apologize if this were brought up before, I'm assuming the schedules are the same? Or are there certain classes for particular types of powers, along with their interest in what type of work they'd like to focus on?
I think we are all in the same homeroom therefore we all have the same schedule

I just re read over the posted schedule. All the classes are the same except for electives which is where the student can choose. I don't know if it's a per day basis or it resides over the entirety of a single semester but it appears we all have the same core classes.

• Thank You
I just re read over the posted schedule. All the classes are the same except for electives which is where the student can choose. I don't know if it's a per day basis or it resides over the entirety of a single semester but it appears we all have the same core classes.
@xLarius Entirety of a semester. So say your character chose to have Art on Mondays, for the rest of the semester you will have Art on Mondays.

I will have those schedules edited into the second post of this thread now that I have some free time :)

As for this question:
Or are there certain classes for particular types of powers, along with their interest in what type of work they'd like to focus on?
Given the sheer amount of possible powers that walk through the school doors, there are no classes for particular power types. Everyone has power training together with the exception of One on One Ability training in which your character would have individual training to control their powers. Basically, your characters would practice using their powers on various equipment and obstacles. Does that make sense? Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions! I'd love to answer them!

And I also have a question for you @xLarius Since Rei is from a rich family who runs a business, what influences do they have? As in what business do they run, especially in a superhero world?

• Useful
Yo! In case anyone thinks about bringing up the second pic chance with sad-boy Sam, I've already made an edit to one of my posts to handle it. Just a PSA. :)

Ooooh Will is onto something!

View attachment 144996

Question for you @Mundane Monster! I was looking through Will's profile and it looks like her parents are already heroes at this point. Would they be established and famous heroes with a bit of a family reputation going on?

:D Yay!

And yes they're relatively well known, not like Iron Man level well known, more like...Falcon.

:D Yay!

And yes they're relatively well known, not like Iron Man level well known, more like...Falcon.
I assume they work together in hero work and are they part of an established team? Also is hero work a full time job for them or a side job? I get the feeling will's mom is like a magic show performer

Another reminder that the next GM post will be this Saturday the 9th! Finish interactions and post by then!

@Impudimp since Abe was kinda skipped, I reccomend interacting with @Mundane Monster's character, Will, as she has no one to interact with at the time being.

Got it! I'll get on it tonight! Kinda of been hectic around these parts preparing for hurricanes and what not.
:O Whoa, stay safe!

Hey, is it alright if I ask what the plan for the next GM post is? I wanna know if I should hold off and use it as a transition for Sam, or if I should keep responding in the current scene.

Hey, is it alright if I ask what the plan for the next GM post is? I wanna know if I should hold off and use it as a transition for Sam, or if I should keep responding in the current scene.
The next GM post was supposed to be yesterday, but due to things that suddenly popped up, I was away from iwaku. Sorry about that, everyone! ^^; I'm working on it now and you can use it as a transition for Sam, Angel.

• Thank You
Reactions: MIIDD
@Mundane Monster Not gonna lie, I was scrolling through the IC posts and when I saw your icon, I yelled "ALL MIGHT IS HERE!!"

I'm going to give another round of interaction for you guys. I'm very very happy to see interactions and friendships forming so keep it up! :D The next GM post will be posted around the 26th or 27th of September. I know that is a few days later than the norm of two weeks, but I will be handling some personal stuff on the 22nd. I'll also have Yuliya's formally introduced at that time as well! Can't wait to see your posts!

Whoops! Thanks, I'm terrible with names. XP Consider it fixed!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Kizamicover-7276.jpg

"I've always wondered what sound a flower would make when you rip their petals out playing the game 'She loves me. She loves me not.'"
Who is this man? Why does he look yandere? :0 :0