Hercules School For Super-powered Individuals (OOC)

Yuuki_Tatsunohi

勇気 竜火
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Magical Realism, Slice-of-life, AU, Post-apocalyptic, mythology, time travel, fandom, romance, slow burns. Well, basically anything except for what is stated in the "Don't Like" section
[warning]No longer accepting characters! Sorry![/warning]

IC

[tab=Premise]

• beautiful-city-lights-pretty-Favim.com-515050.jpg
    Aurora City, Oregon

School-floating.jpg
    Hercules School for Superpowered Individuals
    The sky, base city is Aurora City

ucsd-dorms.jpg
    Hercules Dormitories
    Aurora City

full_exteriorp40322_00_n63_printmedium.jpg
    Crux Labs
    Aurora City​

• Everyday. These classes will be everyday and are in the first half of the day followed by lunch at 1.
    • English with Ms. Markov
    • Math
    • Physics
    • History
    The next few classes are on the assigned days only, and are in the latter half of the day with the exception of homeroom. Homeroom is in the morning, for the first half hour.

Mondays
    • Homeroom with Ms. Markov
    • Elective
    Tuesdays
    • Gym with Shen Yan
    • Elective
    Wednesdays
    • Gym with Shen Yan
    • One on One ability training
    Thursdays
    • Basic martial arts and fighting technique development
    Fridays
    • Simulation training with Shen Yan
    Electives are for you to pick. Currently offered electives are
    • Music
    • Art
    • Foreign Languages
    • Computer sciences/technology studies
    • Home Economics
    • Study hall
    Note: everybody will have Yuliya and Shen's class together. I'll allow the other subject times to be at your own choosing as long as they follow the basic format above. If it's better for everyone to have all their classes together, let me know and we can do that.

Another Note: Except for those classes with teachers already named, you are free to fill in the space with your own teachers. Do know once a teacher has been named, they will become universal to all the characters' classes. So for example if Will has math with X then Abraham will also have math with X and so on. This is because I do not have any plans for those teachers in those positions. Okay, well a little bit of laziness too :p but mostly because I don't really have anything planned for those other teachers.

• Blackwater penitentiary

1. ALL IWAKU RULES APPLY. YOU WILL BE REPORTED IF YOU BREAK THEM.
    2. @IceQueen and I will be GMs. Our word is final.
    3. Absolutely no one liners. Give us something juicy to read! A minimum of two (2) paragraphs for your IC posts, no less, but you are more than welcome to write bigger ones. :)
    4. There will be no posting order in the roleplay. Post at anytime you want as long as your post follows rule number 3
    5. With that said, please provide one IC post once every month. If that is not possible, let us know ahead of time, otherwise your character will be left behind and possibly kicked from the roleplay.
    6. In the event that your character is going to be having a conversation with another character, collaborate with the other player. This is to prevent spamming, players losing track of the thread due to massive amount of notifications, and a smoother flow in the IC.
    7. If doing a collab, notify us in the OOC so we know what's up!
    8. NO SMUT.
    9. No godmodding, no metagaming. Obvious standard.
    10. Have a thought? A scene? An idea? A villain for everyone to fight? Tell us! I highly, highly, encourage you to share some of your ideas or any plot candies you might have for the roleplay. We may not be able to get to it right away, but I can assure you we will keep your idea in mind :)
    11. NPCs are there to help you. Make use of them as long as they do not do anything that is major or changes the direction of the story. We the GMs will be using them for that.
    12. However, do not use NPCs as your sole source of interaction. Try to interact with other players.
    13. Tag the person whom you are interacting with. That way anyone will know that said post would pertain to them.
    14. Write in third person. Not first, not second, third.
    15. Be civil to one another. Fights in the IC will be allowed (encouraged even) but not in the OOC. @IceQueen or I will jump in and stop that.
    16. And last but not least: Have fun!

• In order to avoid potential characters from becoming overpowered, there will be a list of banned powers. Characters cannot have these powers as they are basically game changers, very difficult to work with, and can pretty much ruin the roleplay. They are as follows:
    • Telekinesis
    • Telepathy
    • Precognition
    • Omnipotence
    • Omnipresence
    • Time-related powers
    • Probability manipulation

• [Insert picture here]

Name:

Alias/hero name:

Role: (Student or teacher)

Age (between the ages of 15-17 if a student):

Height:

Sexual Orientation:

Powers and abilities:

Abnormal features

Body Type:

Hobbies:

Dislikes:

Personality:

Bio:​

~*Credit to original premise of this rp belongs to @OddlyEverAfter and the original thread found here*~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IceQueen
I will respond to the IC by this weekend!

• Thank You
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Hey, I miss you guys. If my post with Sam is too neutral-grounded, please let me know so I can plan some neeto interactions. Otherwise, are we all doing okay? O-o

Hey, I miss you guys. If my post with Sam is too neutral-grounded, please let me know so I can plan some neeto interactions. Otherwise, are we all doing okay? O-o
So far, i think your post is okay. It's up to somebody else now to come in and approach Sam for conversation.

Although, it has been a little slow here hasn't it? ^^; Well, I myself have been kinda in a hectic week so in part the inactivity was also me. But, I have some free time, so I made something for everyone: A Discord server! :D :D *cricket sounds* Anyways, yes, I did make one for chatting purposes and general OOC stuff. Here's the link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Please make sure your username is the same as your Iwaku username when you click the invite. This is just so everyone knows who you are. After a while, you may change it to whatever you wish. The Discord server also serves in part as the OOC, so if there is any rule breaking, you will be reported and I will kick you out of the roleplay. Also, to anybody reading this who is not a part of this roleplay, do not click the link. I will ban you :)

I'll be over in the Discord server for a while. Hope to see you guys there! :D

So far, i think your post is okay. It's up to somebody else now to come in and approach Sam for conversation.

Although, it has been a little slow here hasn't it? ^^; Well, I myself have been kinda in a hectic week so in part the inactivity was also me. But, I have some free time, so I made something for everyone: A Discord server! :D :D *cricket sounds* Anyways, yes, I did make one for chatting purposes and general OOC stuff. Here's the link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Please make sure your username is the same as your Iwaku username when you click the invite. This is just so everyone knows who you are. After a while, you may change it to whatever you wish. The Discord server also serves in part as the OOC, so if there is any rule breaking, you will be reported and I will kick you out of the roleplay. Also, to anybody reading this who is not a part of this roleplay, do not click the link. I will ban you :)

I'll be over in the Discord server for a while. Hope to see you guys there! :D

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't meant to hold anyone up!
Also that discord link doesn't take me anywhere, unless I'm already in the chat and never noticed O.o

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't meant to hold anyone up!
Also that discord link doesn't take me anywhere, unless I'm already in the chat and never noticed O.o
Uh oh that's not good D: It seems to be working fine for me. Did you click on the link in the sticky post or the invite in my last post?

Also @everyone else, are you guys encountering the same problem as well when you try to click the invite link?

Uh oh that's not good D: It seems to be working fine for me. Did you click on the link in the sticky post or the invite in my last post?

Also @everyone else, are you guys encountering the same problem as well when you try to click the invite link?
I clicked on both. :O Why don't you invite from within Discord? My username is the same on here.

EDIT: Nevermind, the sticky post is broken but the link in your last post works now!

Hello everyone! Due to some unexpected circumstances, the next GM post will not be posted on the 27th as planned. So I am extending the deadline to this Friday, September 29th. Hope to see posts from you soon! Oh and join our Discord! OuO

• Useful
Reactions: xLarius
Your invite expired XD

Posting tomorrow! Still some time to make any last minute posts!

And it's up! WHOOOOOO

To those mentioned in the post: The reason why your characters in particular were mentioned was because their bios had certain events and aspects that, in the HSSI world, would be knowledge known to more than just those close to your characters, especially if characters would become possible heroes. Included are governments, the school, and sometimes reporters. So, Will and Rei are basically children of celebrities, Sam had an incident during his childhood that did bring up the attention of officials to be aware he had powers, and the government had interfered with Cora's parents due to investigations that proved incidents of child neglect. Of course, the entire world does not know about Sam or Cora like they might with Will and Rei. Keep those differences in mind as such a difference in status can make for a nice little plot point :)

With that said, to those who were not mentioned: don't feel bad! Your character bios are still great! In fact, your characters can play out like somebody who came from nowhere and became a great super hero.Your choice in how it goes, but you do have those possibilities open for you since your characters dont have a huge record already lol.

Also, I should mention this, but none of your characters should know Hydrangea is Yuliya. It's possible they heard of Hydrangea, but since she was once a CIA agent, secrets are a big thing there. So to them, Hydrangea does NOT equal Yuliya.

You'll start seeing me write interaction posts of Yuliya a little more frequently than my GM posts depending on who interacts with her and how that interaction comes about. The next GM post is tentatively scheduled for the 14th of October! Possible to be changed depending on any amount of activity that goes on here

• Love
Changed Yuliya's dialogue colors, didn't realize her purple was the same as Will's XD

And bam! It's up! Whew that took longer than expected. Alright, like I said before in an ooc post here, I'm going to let you guys decide how you want your schedules set up for your charries as well as any electives you want them to take. You can find a list of the classes in the second post in the OOC thread. A few things to remember, electives take place after lunch and your physical education classes don't start until the next day in the IC. Just for the sake of convenience, school started a week after Labor Day or something LOL

And so I have returned!! YAASSSS
flail.gif

Reminder that the next GM post will come in on the 4th! Get any last posts in before then! :D :D

boy-anime-rock-punk-442368.jpg
Role:
Student

Ability
Dermal Armor

Personality Traits:
Leaderly
Systematic
Arrogant
Haughty

[HSSI's Top Ten]
Hercules School for Superpowered Individuals has a special title called the Top Ten. The Top Ten is comprised of the school's ten most powerful, highest achieving students of that year. Every school year has it's Top Ten, chosen based on grades and scores from the previous year. The scores are divided by the following:
  • Regular classes 10%
  • Electives 5%
  • 1x1 training 25%
  • Martial Arts 10%
  • Simulation 50%
Simulation training plays a big part in scores since the class measures a student's power and competence in the field. For a school for heroes training new heroes, it is important for the school and the world to know who will be its best defenders.

The Top Ten functions as a ranking system with 1 being the strongest. The titles provide insight as to who could potentially be top dog heroes as well as bringing attention to students for recruiting colleges and superhero teams. Often they represent the school during special events that request for HSSI to attend or host. In special cases, they will even be asked to participate in missions with established heroes if the danger level is at a level deemed safe enough for them to participate.

Because the Top Ten are chosen based on performance during the previous year, only grades 10-12 are allowed into the Top Ten*. Since the Top Ten are decided every year, if Freshmen want to become part of the Top Ten, they must excel in their subjects to be considered for a spot. Scores do NOT roll over, but some members are able to hold their title for more than one year, even moving up in the ranks.

This year's current Top Ten are as follows**:
  1. ⋆⋆⋆
  2. ⋆⋆⋆
  3. ⋆⋆⋆
  4. ⋆⋆⋆
  5. ⋆⋆⋆
  6. ⋆⋆⋆
  7. ⋆⋆⋆
  8. Eduardo Pierce, Dermal Armor
  9. ⋆⋆⋆
  10. ⋆⋆⋆
*Do not Expect any of you to pull a Harry Potter and become a Top Ten when your characters are all Freshmen
** Technicall I have drafted the rest of the Top Ten and will reveal them as we move along in the plot. HOWEVER, if you do have an idea for a member of the Top Ten, let me know and I can put them on the list ahead of time :)

ad2e62f674653d8228ce5e2b830f912f.jpg
Role:
Teacher

Ability:
Fairy Wing Manifestation with the ability to fly and spread a dust that causes hallucinations

Personality traits:
Bubbly
Cheerful
Passive-aggressive
Can't take a hint

Character credit belongs to @Cosmic Penguin

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Kizamicover-7276.jpg

Role:
Prison inmate (?)

Ability:
None

Personality traits:
Intelligent
Resolute
Vengeful
Unstable

rita.jpg
Role:
Art Teacher

Ability:
Living Art:
Anything Rita draws can come to life off of the page. While it is extremely versatile, it also is weak as any contact with liquids or blades will destroy the art as soon as it comes into contact with it. It will also crumble after a few good hits.

Personality traits:
Patient
Focused
Stern
Skeptic

Character credit belongs to @The Writing Owl

Last edited:
Craw.jpg
Role:
Teacher (study hall)

Ability:
Sight-to-Sound
If he can see someone or something, he can hear any sound it makes. This works through cameras, recordings, security footage, etc., so it served him well in intelligence gathering in the past. He can't hear thoughts, his power is only distorted if he can't see the whole of who he looks at (so distance and video distortion do nothing against him, although for some intense distances he has to use binoculars), and since his power feeds sound directly into his head, it doesn't matter which eye he uses to look at someone, and covering his ears does nothing.

Personality traits
witty
relaxed
uninterested
rude

Character credit belongs to @Ω Angel Ω

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster