hi fellow writers! don't blueball my typin' hands!

Aero Blue

he hears his master's voice
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Online Availability
5-11 EST weekdays, anytime weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Superhero, urban fantasy, space opera, crime thriller, supernatural
Hey there, Shizuochan here with a brand new inventi- a few ideas and plot hooks he came up with and would like to share to see if anyone's down to play around with them. I prefer roleplaying through forum exclusively, and am reachable through either Discord (just drop me your user info) or site PMs. I usually prefer to post once every week or two weeks, although would appreciate gushing about RPs in between.

Keep in mind that most of these are just baseline skeletons of ideas and I'm totally down to change them, adding to them, subtracting from them to accommodate interested parties. PM me if you're one of them!

Tentative Idea Name: Grove [Taken]
Genres: Fantasy, post-apocalyptic, adventure

In a desolate, post-apocalyptic world of barren wastelands, scorched earth and near-feral, savage marauders, a group exists seeking to restore the world! The Player Characters are apprentice-Replenishers from the Order of the Sacred Grove, who are capable of wielding magics in order to bend what little plant-matter exists in this ruined world. Our Player Characters are young apprentice-Replenishers set out on a ritual trek throughout the wastelands, tasked to plant trees along their journey to help replenish the land - upon completing their journey, they will become full on Replenishers. Along the way they'll meet various esoteric communities to aid, magical beasts to subdue, and recurring antagonists such as the Cult of the Happily Forsaken, self-deprecating, horrifically depressed sorcerers who tap into the necrotic energies of the dead world!

Vision: childlike adventure, light humor within a darker setting and implications, creative magical action scenes, wondrous adventure, world-building (help me! the Happily Forsaken stuff was just something I added on a whim! Help me add more!)

Tentative Idea Name: C.H.I.M.E.R.A. [Taken]
Genres: Modern/futuristic fantasy, urban fantasy, action, varying degrees of biopunk depending on how we take it.

It is a world of skyscrapers and modern complexes, yet the magical beasts of the world still threaten the people; golems and dragons and great-wolves and leviathans and evil magus wreak havoc upon the people. An innovative and utterly insane initiative is formed: C.H.I.M.E.R.A. Participants (including our Player Characters), both willing and unwilling, are drafted into a program where their human/elf/dwarf genes are spliced with the DNA of the monsters (sometimes 2, 3, 4 of them at a time) of the world to create super-soldiers with obscure magics and strange biologies. They face off against the destructive monsters of the world, evil gang-leader sorcerers, as well as all sorts of organizations that seek to exploit them; devious mages, greedy bio-corporations, Lovecraft-espousing cults, etc.

Vision: creative (almost wacky) character designs, action, world-building, the potential for touching on deeper themes (biopunk, corporations, societal order)

Tentative Idea Name: God Will Never Kill God.
Genres: Urban fantasy, mythological

Generations ago, the Gods convened to decide how to deal with a threat that was beyond even their understanding, that lay outside their realms. During their congregation, a bomb of tremendous power detonated, sundering the Gods and casting their shards of energy into the atmos. Fast forward into the future, and new 'Gods' (labeled as Venerates) have begun rising with pieces of these shards within them, capable of utilizing the powers of their dominion (the god of War! of Thunder! of Blades! of Tits and Wine! of Cheese! of Internet Trolls!) for good, evil, or simply uncontrolled, hapless chaos. Our player-characters are Venerates part of a squad tasked to apprehend or put down Venerates who can't control themselves, or Venerates who simply don't want to.

As time goes on, the threat that the Gods convened to take on generations ago emerges as well, a race of god-killers sent to eliminate the Venerates and establish dominion of the world.

Vision: creative characters, world-building (I have a tentative classification system for the Venerates, subject to change), similar potential for touching on deeper societal themes ala C.H.I.M.E.R.A., outrageous action sequences done with esoteric, godly powers

Tentative Idea Name: The Irredeemables.
Genres: comedy, superhero

The Player-Characters are some of the worst superheroes to have ever participated in the business of cape-work, whether it be because of sheer ineptitude, public folly, or massive collateral damage. Somehow, however, these Irredeemable heroes are hired to form a special corporate sponsored team, to continue doing their 'good work'. Hilarity ensues.

Vision: mostly funny shit, comedy ranging from light to dark, possibly slice-of-life-ish and tapping into character backstories and regular family life

Last edited: