3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Apocalypse, Action and adventure, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, People with Powers, some historical eras, lots and lots of other things. Feel free to ask.
Spectre's wreck of a Test Thread
WELCOME
Hello! My name is Spectre (Or Sam, if you're feeling familiar) and welcome to my code dump. Now featuring less blindingly white text boxes! I mostly make the bbcodes for shits and giggles, though I've gotten quite good at it over the months and months and months I've been working on doing so. Kind of a calming practice for me, at this point. Feel free to look around, though I make no promises on organization. I'd love credit/notification if you're planning on using something of mine.

If you're looking for my good and/or completed codes, this thread here has that in a far more neat and orderly fashion. c:

A couple of requests:
1.) Don't post, unless you've asked permission or I said to.
2.) Please don't be afraid to ask me to explain things in PMs.

A couple of warnings:
1.) Lots and lots of gifs, images, videos. Especially on the latter pages.
2.) Lots and lots of cursing. I am an unapologetic pottymouth.

Gonna drop some interesting links:
Iwaku Color Guide
Div Shit
Color Picker
Filler Text Generator
Photo Editor 1 - Collage edition
Photo Editor 2 - Filter edition
This post about writing accents
Text replacer!! - literally saves my live on a weekly basis
Room Sketcher
FREE Image background remover
Imgur - my current image storer
Google Font List
Flex boxes? Flex boxes.
Useful Tumblr blog - Clothes and Historical Shit
Useful Tumblr post - big ass list of mythical creatures

FACECLAIMS
I made an alphabetized FC list! Fuck yeah. Fuck, that was a massive pain in my ass. The people are sorted by gender then surname, and the symbols are my own ranking system. More * means I like their face more, and a ☆ means I've used them as an FC in the past or am currently using them as an FC.
also pls tell me if I made a mistake. pls, for realsies.
BOIS
name surname - Image search -

David Agbodji - **
Johan Akan - ***
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - **
Dawid Auguscik - ***
Pedro Aurelian - *
Braeden Baade - *
Daniel Bamdad - ☆ ***
Ben Barnes - **
Daniel Bederov - ☆ **
Brandon P. Bell - ***
Matthew Bell - **
Don Benjamin - ☆ ***
Jon Bernthal - ☆ ***
Gijs Blom - *
Tim Borrmann - **
Alex Bouchard - *
Ryan Bowden - **
David Brandt - Gallery Site - **
Matthew Brue - **
Caleb Callahan - **
Mario Casas - *
Cristian Codrin - **
Joe Collier - **
Andrew Cooper - **
Alejandro Corzo - **
Jai Courtney - ☆ **
Ben Dahlhaus - **
Arthur Daniyarov - *
Craig David - *
Casey Deidrick - ***
Andrea Denver - **
Benjamin Eidem - *
Boy Epic - **
Ben Feldman - **
Alexander Ferrario - **
Daniel Feuerriegel - **
Diego Fragoso - **
Dave Franco - **
Adam Gallagher - ☆ **
Dan Garland - ***
Daniel Garofali - **
Anthony Gastelier - ☆ ***
Dean Geyer - *
Baptiste Giabiconi - **
Artjom Gilz - **
David Giuntoli - **
Arthur Gosse - **
Frank Grillo - **
Adam Gurr - *
Quim Gutierrez - *
Armie Hammer - ☆ **
Thorbjorn Harr - ☆ **
Anders Hayward - *
Daniel Henney - **
Alfonso Herrera - **
Aldis Hodge - **
Craig Horner - **
Michiel Huisman - *
Billy Huxley - ☆ ***
Allan Hyde - *
Cheyanne Jackson - **
Stephen James - **
Erko Jun - *
Julien Kang - ***
Harshvardhan Kapoor - ***
Marwan Kenzari - **
Boris Kodjoe - *
Rahul Kohli - **
Francisco Lachowski - ☆ *
Miles Langford - *
Toby Leonard - ☆ **
Leandro Lima - ☆ **
Anton Lisin - *
Franco Lo Presti (? uncertain) - **
Alexander Ludwig - *
Daniel Madison - **
Rami Malek - ☆ **
Sasha Marini - **
Callan Mulvey - ☆ **
Sergio Muniz - *
Hideo Muraoka - ***
Cillian Murphy - **
Antonio Navas - **
Victor Norlander - **
Sean O'Pry - *
Alexis Papas - *
James Quaintance (Jimmy Q) - ☆ ***
Felix Rahmer - **
Matt Raimo - **
Edgar Ramirez - **
Blair Redford - **
Trevante Rhodes - ***
Drew Roy - **
Jesse Rutherford - ***
Benjamin Sadler - **
Adrien Sahores - **
AJ Saudin - ***
Adam Senn - *
Arran Sly - *
Clement Stevenant - *
Johnny Stevens - *
Levi Stocke - ☆ **
Chay Suede - **
Rajiv Surendra - ***
Alexander Uloom - **
Casper Van Dien - **
Bastiaan Van Gaalen - **
Simon Van Meervenne - **
Mateus Verdelho - ☆ **
Adam Von Rothfelder - ☆ ***
Hannes Wengle - ***
Edward Wilding - **
Finn Wittrock - **
GRILS
name surname - Image search -

Amy Acker - **
Clara Alonso - **
Angela Bassett - ☆ **
Valentina Belleza - ☆ ***
Alana Bunte - ☆ **
Amra Cerkezovic - **
Benthe De Vries - **
Alice Francis - **
Ashley Frangipane (Halsey) - **
Noni Gasa - ☆ ***
Beck Holladay - ☆ ***
Ellen Hollman - **
Alyosha Kovalyova - **
Katrina Law - **
Noemie Lenoir - **
Aiyana Lewis - ***
Gugu Mbatha-Raw - ***
Thandie Newton - **
Lupita Nyong'o - ***
Oluchi Onweagba - **
Felicia Porter - ☆ ***
Hilary Rhoda - **
Isabella Rossellini - **
Emily Rudd - **
Scarlett Simoneit - ☆ ***
Antonia Thomas - ***
Antje Traue - ☆ ***
Denise Vasi - ☆ **
Alek Wek - **
Michelle Yeoh - **
Elodie Yung - ☆ ***
Amelia Zadro - **
Ziyi Zhang - **

Last edited:
Diligence ~ Industria

22 | Female | Pansexual | Chaotic Neutral
"I need you,​ I need you,​ I need you right now,"

Name:
Hillevi Tamara Hansen

Nickname(s):
Evie, Eve, Hillie (if you want to get smacked)

Date of Birth:
July 1st; Scorpio

Place of Birth:
Portland, Oregon, USA

Union Carpenter

Description:
Leo looks like the pleasant person he is, warm eyes paired with an expressive face that's ready to break into a blush or a soft and kind smile at any moment. His clothes and hair tend toward the untidy at even the best moments, and one of the sure signs that he's nervous is when he fiddles with either like he's trying to establish some order in his appearance. Other noteworthy tells are chewing his lower lip when he's concentrating or deep in thought, softly humming in idle moments or while working on something, and a distinctively pouty "kicked puppy" expression when distressed. His shyness is evident in his posture, with his stooped shoulders and tight body language and downcast eyes and tendency to slouch.

Height:
5'6"

Weight:
126 lbs

Hair:
Blond in color, straight in texture, usually tied back and into a tight bun

Eyes:
Blue; Stormy gray-blue with more blue than gray

Identifying Features:
No noteworthy scars; a dove tattoo on the back of his right shoulder and Equitas on his left breast

Clothing Style:
Tends to go for loose clothing, preferably in lighter shades of blue or green with simple patterns like stripes; hilariously bad at picking outfits to suit the weather; usually wears a white undershirt with a simply patterned button up top shirt, comfortable jeans, and athletic shoes that are easy to move in

Personality:
First impressions of Leo are usually positive, seeing as he meets people most often through his work and there he has no excuse to be shy. When met under those professional circumstances, he tends to come across as a genuinely caring and considerate person, thoroughness and intelligence balanced with empathy and kindness. He's relatively inexperienced, only a resident, and that's fairly easily noticed but he takes critique well and utilizes advice from more experienced physicians. He's good under pressure, calm and collected when others in his position might be panicking. Outside of work, he's something of an awkward mess. He's shy around others, especially those he finds attractive, and tends to be hesitant to speak especially when conversing with a group. That said, he genuinely loves people and he'd be happy to sit and listen for an hour or two while someone lays out their troubles and worries. He's easy to embarrass and easier to tease, but never one to flee from either. For example, overt flirting turns Leo as red as a tomato, but one shouldn't be surprised if he flirts back.

Overall, he's the type who believes the best of people and their intentions and the type who texts his friends after a plane trip to ask if they're okay. An open minded person and a good listener, who worries too much and lets too many things that bother him slide.

Traits:
+ Warmhearted
+ Energetic
+ Accepting
+ Intuitive
+ Loyal
- Shy
- Unassertive
- Trusting
- Gullible
- Worrywart

The ocean ☼ Honesty ☼ Greens and blues ☼ Spicy food ☼ Confident people ☼ Animals ☼ Coffee ☼ Helping others ☼ Exercise

Dislikes:
Public speaking ☼ Loneliness ☼ Sweet teas ☼ Being ignored ☼ Flying insects ☼ Snow ☼ Reds and yellows ☼ Being underestimated

Strengths:
Compassionate ☼ Strong-willed ☼ Good at hand to hand

Weaknesses:
Sensitive ☼ Gullible and trusting ☼ Pacifistic

Fears:
Flying insects, failing someone or losing someone's trust, never finding his place in life, being unable to help

Secrets:
♥ His empathy is fueled by a deep set sadness and dissatisfaction with where he is in life and where he'll end up; he feels like he was meant for something else but doesn't know what and that tends to depress him but also softens him further to others and what they struggle with.
♥ Has a secret love for motorcycles and people who ride them.
♥ Would fuck either of his best friends if either asked; will take that secret to his grave without ever bringing it up.
♥ Is romantic trash and wants little more than to find the person who is the Veritas to his Equitas.

Leo was the first born and only child of two strongly Catholic parents, and it was the "only" part that would create tension in their relationship as Leo got older. Both of them wanted children, plural, but complications and a number of medical procedures after Leo's birth left his mother infertile and that created a rift between the two that would continue to widen right up until his father passed of cancer when he was thirteen. His father, an instructor in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and trainer for a couple of MMA gyms over the years, was frequently away from home on business, while his mother, a German-Brazilian who took care of her family's shop, was frequently working late at the shop. They tended to avoid one another, as well, and Leo spent far too many nights at home alone to develop well socially.

When he was eight, he had the opportunity to travel with his father to Los Angeles in the United States over the summer, and it was there he met Haylei. The two made friends over the two weeks he was there, and that friendship would stick with the both of them through the years.

He was thirteen when his father passed of prostate cancer after suffering through chemotherapy for a couple of years. Leo was already set on becoming a doctor, already set on learning to help and heal others, but that really committed him to the path. A year later he moved with his mother to Germany, joining some of her relatives there, and after Leo graduated from Gymnasium at age eighteen, he went to medical school at the Technical University of Munich. After that graduation, he moved to New York to do his residency, drawn in by Haylei's offer of sharing an apartment. It's worked out well thus far, Leo staying home and taking care of the apartment while Haylei travels.

He met Farris a couple of years before the current date while they were both volunteering at a local animal shelter, and the pair made fast friends.

Weapon:
His hands - Brazilian jiu jitsu learned from his father, and Leo chose to study Aikido on his own

Ability:
Power Augmentation - Channels his own energy into the abilities of a sin or another virtue through touch, increasing their limits, their power, or their control over their ability. Uses quite a bit of his own energy to do so.

Favorite Song:
Rammstein - Haifisch (videolyrics & translation)

Related Tropes:
Lawful Good; Wide-Eyed Idealist; The Anti-Nihilist;
Socially-Awkward Hero

Friends: TBD
Enemies: TBD
Relationship Status: Single
Crush: TBD
Feel free to poke me if you have an idea. c:

~ Faceclaim is Valentina Belleva
~ Color code is indigo
~ Speaks Portuguese, German, and English fluently
~ Minor pet dander allergy, which is problematic because he loves animals
~ Wears a crucifix, though he isn't very strongly committed to Catholicism
~ Lyrics around text are from Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers

"So don't let me, don't let me,​ don't let me down​~​"

Attachments

• Collage final 2 ver.jpg
    Collage final 2 ver.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
oh damn it didn't break

I didn't realize until just now how messed up the title is, wow.

Nicim ha meniy rabem ne. Afi dolokeb zar iniepit lop imeti teci; fip sit tub otorap nalise ilerin bilo nenur! Doroni yebid siy toperieh fiban. Lupowe ri lu yumade eles nor cepolig denatis la. No amen poti petatoc necie ne tatug pi. Mecem beher esenu; cibeti fana se. Numato aviwivi sa. Beriva marodon ta isuhumob gel atepievut etosit, nor cega ezut enietoma asetil elesi. Lino tova tonena lienuso he pacigo. Reradud ove onef cano badel tesa nac letiel daperic hiwel? Laf fetiriep ieric cater cecide rielec ucotu lonin omireli neceref. Eme cacare katien los isinic ahorunat tiroca mulelos. Pi cetaga car apas ubobi edeley oheh genala eko. Farunen yo ceye etesonet uqe nose inibome yir ito. Litifa micame xarete atecoyo.
Recigid tirada etonec jidepel tasa donoxu. Eriegimu hore nunec lolizir! Ne tugasen remopi foci latata! Pel eyit rop la perifoc rohemag yediro dero winina, ivu ra peto fi donejo na. Payer utomani utid teroli maso re sipiga. Otim rigi uteyin? Mem gira ohibeh hol erecayes. Cisie ogilo itibedap roc to. Pil ureciene texepi tulieyoc ma cobo sodasat upu coca! Bi aselopog imakeric? Ienon ra yam pep, etaceb tu lu tefit lemoh eduyuto da onitel pere. To topu emapola otureta. Acipeco jesolo toceh re hececa eni sari. Anilas etisigir elativa ceper urum cup ecahe elo otupawip? Ogoxasa nofopel sasaka.
Ine li rehem telun le. Se ditopie iculel coboye ilare. Toc rimiba ji. Ragese ayara omononiy loc ocurini gemi sedu. Etibulac ram suronar metoba fe tir rohele day hutitet.

Li kit son ra sacitas roval: Nekin lu hace yiedoni goyel tesener te egunanir resuri notat. Heso toripek orata mitah eyi hunarie oterita nedeso. Re taya rore elac gerese. Dirosit si pal itiwal tire tita. Nepone nucomet ecomer pumuras re tiyege fieyo itepelaw; okutu usi vama metege tene etabon pievom yaheya. Ge bes ge zatienos bom alogabon. Ne rerom sirah pala celu libila puwebo, haderov mal fehod pixefa gugicoh piebiefed. Remeve tidoti ti iramuheb ata ca: Ciyepiec iewo cohotel lecebeh duyor lasetes yena. Eqad cecar tucie temi mi fataras to, aci ebelipe duper te lime. Titita bocemim wesame dey cenibep.
Re sas sirelu iedoca hiromef? Ronoha sixec has ralem. Visar ejanima mah gid nenopep pide itef aye, cemetal ridan ledipu rur diteci! Karitib acehiqil topo raciehif atocoha tep nedud deta. Saseh wecimuy yatatas relahup cibe rab ro moso. Gacare atisuso norel lusag, lies eticereg sosu ce, giere ehipon yien ced ray. Itudocig irakeci anarotas ifesaj pekexec betete gitas to. Carafa nepan vedi cavin mimi lelek. Cebiel sedohe xapafor lotonen fot fis. Rov he sem uyaham alel irapup reso totib. Ron socase eseco carar res danel hitoto de elelig ilope! Ibor duy onave ocasodeg macoto ateda posa rivoso egadasel amepabiet.​

Nicim ha meniy rabem ne. Afi dolokeb zar iniepit lop imeti teci; fip sit tub otorap nalise ilerin bilo nenur! Doroni yebid siy toperieh fiban. Lupowe ri lu yumade eles nor cepolig denatis la. No amen poti petatoc necie ne tatug pi. Mecem beher esenu; cibeti fana se. Numato aviwivi sa. Beriva marodon ta isuhumob gel atepievut etosit, nor cega ezut enietoma asetil elesi. Lino tova tonena lienuso he pacigo. Reradud ove onef cano badel tesa nac letiel daperic hiwel? Laf fetiriep ieric cater cecide rielec ucotu lonin omireli neceref. Eme cacare katien los isinic ahorunat tiroca mulelos. Pi cetaga car apas ubobi edeley oheh genala eko. Farunen yo ceye etesonet uqe nose inibome yir ito. Litifa micame xarete atecoyo.

Recigid tirada etonec jidepel tasa donoxu. Eriegimu hore nunec lolizir! Ne tugasen remopi foci latata! Pel eyit rop la perifoc rohemag yediro dero winina, ivu ra peto fi donejo na. Payer utomani utid teroli maso re sipiga. Otim rigi uteyin? Mem gira ohibeh hol erecayes. Cisie ogilo itibedap roc to. Pil ureciene texepi tulieyoc ma cobo sodasat upu coca! Bi aselopog imakeric? Ienon ra yam pep, etaceb tu lu tefit lemoh eduyuto da onitel pere. To topu emapola otureta. Acipeco jesolo toceh re hececa eni sari. Anilas etisigir elativa ceper urum cup ecahe elo otupawip? Ogoxasa nofopel sasaka.

Ine li rehem telun le. Se ditopie iculel coboye ilare. Toc rimiba ji. Ragese ayara omononiy loc ocurini gemi sedu. Etibulac ram suronar metoba fe tir rohele day hutitet.

That did not work.

Last edited:

Tagged: @Some people, another people, this people

Last edited:

Last edited:

Li kit son ra sacitas roval: Nekin lu hace yiedoni goyel tesener te egunanir resuri notat. Heso toripek orata mitah eyi hunarie oterita nedeso. Re taya rore elac gerese. Dirosit si pal itiwal tire tita. Nepone nucomet ecomer pumuras re tiyege fieyo itepelaw; okutu usi vama metege tene etabon pievom yaheya. Ge bes ge zatienos bom alogabon. Ne rerom sirah pala celu libila puwebo, haderov mal fehod pixefa gugicoh piebiefed. Remeve tidoti ti iramuheb ata ca: Ciyepiec iewo cohotel lecebeh duyor lasetes yena. Eqad cecar tucie temi mi fataras to, aci ebelipe duper te lime. Titita bocemim wesame dey cenibep.

Re sas sirelu iedoca hiromef? Ronoha sixec has ralem. Visar ejanima mah gid nenopep pide itef aye, cemetal ridan ledipu rur diteci! Karitib acehiqil topo raciehif atocoha tep nedud deta. Saseh wecimuy yatatas relahup cibe rab ro moso. Gacare atisuso norel lusag, lies eticereg sosu ce, giere ehipon yien ced ray. Itudocig irakeci anarotas ifesaj pekexec betete gitas to. Carafa nepan vedi cavin mimi lelek. Cebiel sedohe xapafor lotonen fot fis. Rov he sem uyaham alel irapup reso totib. Ron socase eseco carar res danel hitoto de elelig ilope! Ibor duy onave ocasodeg macoto ateda posa rivoso egadasel amepabiet.

Last edited:
Reactions: prairedog

Re sas sirelu iedoca hiromef? Ronoha sixec has ralem. Visar ejanima mah gid nenopep pide itef aye, cemetal ridan ledipu rur diteci! Karitib acehiqil topo raciehif atocoha tep nedud deta. Saseh wecimuy yatatas relahup cibe rab ro moso. Gacare atisuso norel lusag, lies eticereg sosu ce, giere ehipon yien ced ray. Itudocig irakeci anarotas ifesaj pekexec betete gitas to. Carafa nepan vedi cavin mimi lelek. Cebiel sedohe xapafor lotonen fot fis. Rov he sem uyaham alel irapup reso totib. Ron socase eseco carar res danel hitoto de elelig ilope! Ibor duy onave ocasodeg macoto ateda posa rivoso egadasel amepabiet.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Pictuah

Bigby "Biggs" Robberson
Basics
Name: Bigby Nathaniel Robberson
Race: Druid
Birthday:
Room Number: 9

Appearance
Height: 6'4" (1.93 m)
Weight: 172 lbs
Build: Athletic, lanky
Scent: Like rain and minty aftershave
Markings:
Piercings:
Description:
Alternate Forms:

Personal
Personality:
History:
Hobbies:
Talents:
Fears:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Other
Other:
Theme Song:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bubs
Harvey james edit 1.jpg

BASICS
Samuel Beauregard Hockaday
Definitely a human. Probably a math wizard. Maybe a little freaked out by this supernatural business.​
"All I want is a good internet connection, people who put up with my bad jokes, and a lifetime supply of like monster sized chocolate bars. Is that too much to ask?"
Eighteen | Male | Pansexual | Human | Born August 23rd; Leo | Brown hair | Green eyes | Neutral Good | Room No. TBD

APPEARANCE
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 154 lbs
Build: Lean and lanky
Scent: Soap and spice, or books if he's been reading
Markings: Long and gnarled scar on right hip from an accident when he was younger
Piercings: Tongue

Description
With a lanky build like a teenager that gains far too little weight for how much he eats, Sam is the opposite of intimidating even though he stands a couple inches above average. The best imagery to describe his person would be that of an alley cat; scrawny and awkward with a strange amount of grace in his movements. Even with his terrible posture, no matter whether he's sitting or standing, his movements have a fluidity and decisiveness to them. His facial expressions tend to be overstated (especially when he's feeling particularly dramatic) but that doesn't mean he's easy to read. He tends to play with his tongue stud when distracted or thinking deeply, and if you can get him embarrassed enough to blush, you'll find it colors him a splotchy red from his ears down to his collarbones. When dressing, he tends towards plaids and graphic tees, along with comfortable jeans or sweatpants. His favorite cold weather clothes are exclusively hoodies.

Alternate Forms:
None

tumblr_nldvmuFgqF1qzjwylo1_540.gif

PERSONAL
Personality
Intelligent, Reasonable, Perfectionistic, Sociable, Apathetic, Passive, Insecure, Guarded
First impressions of Sam tend to be positive; most people who interact with him think he's a relaxed but well-spoken young man who's passionate about the things he enjoys and scarily good at chess. He's quiet and polite around new people but happy to make a witty comment or a sarcastic remark if the situation calls for it. He's also someone who tries to make valuable commentary when in a group project or listening in on a debate versus getting distracted or changing subjects. And, while this chill and polite front isn't an act or anything of the sort, Sam's inner personality is something of a different story. His relaxed nature comes from a deeper sense of apathy; his perfectionism and eloquence come from the high personal standards he sets from himself as well as his insecurity when it comes to others' opinions; his ability to step around or defuse tense situations comes from his intense desire to avoid confrontation.

History
To put it simply, Sam was an accident. Neither of his parents, his mother being a medical student and his father being a Marine, expected or necessarily wanted to have children and the matter was something of a point of conflict between them even after Sam's birth. His mother ended up leaving his father before his second birthday, claiming she wasn't ready to be a mother, leaving the young Richard Hockaday to raise his son alone. Richard gave up his ideals of having a military career for the sake of doing right by his kid. Sam was seven when Richard's enlistment finally ended, and it was then that they moved from New Orleans all the way to Redding, California to join one of Richard's sisters there. That aunt stepped in as a motherly figure, and Sam's childhood was decent otherwise.

He was eleven when the accident happened. He was visiting a friend, sitting in the backseat of her mom's car, when another driver on the road lost control of the wheel and hit their vehicle. Their vehicle punched through the road's guardrail and sank into the water on the other side, injuring two of the four occupants (though everyone recovered well enough) and giving Sam a deep-set fear of drowning.

High school was awkward for the gangly teen, what with his excellence at math and his affinity for D&D, but he survived it with a number of college credits and a strong passion for computers. When it came time to apply for college his senior year, he avoided the traditional dorm setup and looked for alternatives; he found Vishen Hall. September first is to be his first day there and he's excited and a bit nervous.

Sweet and savory foods; Electronics and programming; Spicy foods; Blues and grays; Sarcasm; Sweet and savory foods; Fantasy fiction; Food
Dislikes:
Yellows; Being cold; Messy people and disorder; Water he can't see the bottom of; Excessive noise; Not having food of some sort
Hobbies: Programming, reading, gaming
Talents: Cooking, math, tearing apart electronic items and putting them back together
Fears: Being disliked, drowning, that he'll fail to meet his own standards
Strengths:
Excellent listener; Quick learner; Boxing and martial arts classes since he was eight
Weaknesses:
Bad at feelings; Indirect; Avoids conflict instead of facing it

OTHER
Other:
1.) Faceclaim is Harvey James
2.) Prefers to go by Sam, or occasionally Bo
3.) Speaks with a soft Southern accent, specifically Louisianan, but does his best to enunciate well
4.) Has a decent collection of books and video games, though most were left at home, and the ones he deemed too important to leave are stashed in a neatly organized box under his bed
5.) Brought the laptop he built himself as a project during junior year, along with a reading tablet and his smartphone

Room Appearance:
Something like this
Theme Song:
The Scientist - Flux Pavilion

Harvey James edit 2.jpg

Last edited:
WIP, Posting this here so I don't forget/lose it.

Malcolm:
Amira - "I like her well enough. Might even be officer material." - Fairly positive; feels she'd make a better officer than subordinate but she needs to learn some patience first; would tentatively consider her a friend
Noah - "That's the writer, right? Eh." - Fairly neutral; has read one of Noah's short stories and thought they were all right; another civilian to protect
Rebecca - "I don't like her much, but it won't be a problem." - Slightly negative; thinks she's rash and a bit clingy; still a civilian he's got to protect, however
Andrew - "One of the most genuinely unbiased people I've had the pleasure of meeting." - Fairly positive; enjoys listening to his stories and opinions; considers him a friend
Fiona - "She's empathetic, soft. Makes it harder to trust her, ironically enough." - Fairly neutral;
Grant - "I'm tempted to ask him to spar with me. I'd bet he'd say no." - Slightly positive;
Michael - "Not the first hardass I've had for a superior. I respect him, though." - Slightly positive;
Alex - "I can't tell if she's incredibly observant or incredibly awkward. Does an awful lot of staring." - Neutral; just another civilian to protect
Dae-Hyun - "Observant. Tetchy, sometimes, but a good kid." - Slightly postive;
Irene - WIP
Jacob - WIP
Chester - WIP
Winifred - WIP
Connor - WIP
Shaemus - WIP
Amelia - WIP
Angel - "I'd follow you anywhere, you know that." - Bae <3; does a really good impression of Angel when he's whining; doesn't say "I love you" nearly as much as he feels it but instead says corny shit like "*fondly disgusted noises*", "*mocks in a whiny tone*", and "I can't leave you alone for five minutes can I"

Alex:
Amira -
Noah -
Rebecca -
Andrew -
Fiona -
Grant -
Michael -
Malcolm -
Dae-Hyun -
Irene - WIP
Jacob - WIP
Chester - WIP
Winifred - WIP
Connor - WIP
Shaemus - WIP
Amelia - WIP
Angel -

Last edited:
Reactions: prairedog
"Might Use" char sheets for the MARS roleplay

PSMO Registration
dalton option 1.jpg
[Dalton] [T] [Hendry]
"Before you start gettin’ a good impression of me or somethin’: I’m basically a stupid, reckless, clumsy idiot with a weirdly high IQ and an attraction to danger who’s pretty good at his job.

Title/Suffix: Dr.
Age and DOB: 26; November 27th, 1990
Place of Birth: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Division: Medical

Degree(s):
Bachelor of Arts
Doctor of Medicine, graduated magna cum laude

Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Blood Type: B+
Body Identification Mark(s): Ouroboros on right forearm; “Invictus” by Henley on left side; “Carpe Diem” across chest; a set of surgery scars on outside of right forearm; appendectomy scar

Educational Institution(s) Attended:
Brown University
Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (internship and residency)
Specialty: Family Medicine

Notable Skills:
General medical skills; from injury treatment to disease prevention to nutritional management
Extensive study of sociology and social dynamics
Rock climbing
Physically fit
Empathetic

Personality:
[+] Tenacious - Though he goofs around and makes self-depreciative jokes and downplays how much work actually went into getting him where he is, Dalton is an incredibly hard-working person and a difficult individual to deter, no matter what he has to push through or what troubles find their way into his path.
[+] Open minded - One of Dalton’s defining characteristics is his acceptance of other people, regardless of their opinions on any topic no matter how controversial. He’s got his own opinions and he’s quite happy to debate the subject of your choice, but he doesn’t take any of it personally.
[=] Inquisitive - Dalton seems to be a never ending fountain of questions, and that has its positives and its negatives. On one hand, he can hold up a conversation perfectly well no matter the subject matter. On the other, his near constant curiosity can get pretty annoying.
[=] Shameless - It’s practically impossible to embarrass Dalton, regardless of the subject being discussed or whatever humiliating story you may have on him. He can talk about the nitty gritty details of STDs or that one time he shit himself right before class started and wound up being late or how weird the weather’s been lately with the same level of enthusiasm.
[-] Reckless - Another one of Dalton’s defining characteristics is his attraction to danger. He spends what little free time he earns doing dumb things, like going rock climbing while neglecting to use safety ropes or harnesses. He also tends not to think before making decisions and leans towards high risk high reward strategies.
[-] Sensitive - Dalton can talk about anything under the sun...with the noteworthy exception of himself. He tends to take critique and criticism personally, tends to get touchy when even gently teased about particular subjects (his risk taking, for example) and has a snappy and biting temper when hurt.

History:
Dalton grew up in a chaotic household, what with him being born as the youngest of seven with his oldest brother being sixteen. It helped the chaos exactly none that he was a born troublemaker, the sort of kid who saw a tree or a fence and tried to climb it, so bruises and scrapes were the norm for him as a kid. It wasn’t until the summer after he turned nine that he broke his first bone, however. It was an experience that would stick with him. The cause was simple enough; he’d fallen from a tree and his right arm impacted a rock that broke both the bones in his arm in a compound fracture. The fix involved a number of pins and a pair of plates put in his arm, then removed after the bones had healed. It was the doctor who performed the surgeries that made it such a lasting experience, what with her patience in answering the curious nine-year-old’s incessant questions about his bone, his treatment, and eventually more general things about being a doctor. When Dalton finally asked if she liked being a doctor, she told him that she liked helping people and suggested that he could be a doctor, too, if he wanted and he worked very hard. That answer would stick with him for years to come.

After recovering from the break, Dalton focused more on school and started pulling ahead in his classes. After all, he had to work hard if he wanted to fix bones and answer annoying questions from weird nine-year-olds and help people. Besides, the slow track wasn’t exactly his thing anyways. That philosophy was what had him graduating high school at just sixteen and moving to Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island before his seventeenth birthday. He took their eight year degree program, obtaining his bachelors there (with a focus in the social sciences, specifically sociology) then moving directly onto medical school. He graduated a few months before he turned twenty four.

The distance was difficult for Dalton for most of those eight years; two weeks now and again to fly down to New Orleans and see family wasn't nearly enough time for someone who'd grown up around so many people. Studying was harder for the first few months because he couldn't plop the book down on the coffee table and listen to his family's noise while he read. Doing homework was harder for the first year or so because he couldn't bug one of his older siblings with questions about the math behind it or how his answer sounded. Socializing was hard simply because he hardly had time, what with projects and homework and studying and far too many classes than he should have taken, but he needed the contact with people badly enough that he'd skip sleeping some nights so he could socialize and get his work done. Energy drinks and the little plug in coffee machine one of his sisters, Naya, sent him for his birthday one year became godsends.

But, he did it, graduating magna cum laude with less than a dozen panicked calls to Naya or one of his other siblings in the middle of the night over those eight years. Dalton was quickly accepted into Brown’s Family Medicine residency program and worked his way through internship and into the actual residency, impressing the program’s head with his dedication. When time came for her to recommend candidates for the Mars Settlement program, she ended up putting Dalton’s name on the the list and his impressive academic history is what earned him a spot on the staff. He accepted immediately, too excited by the idea of going to Mars to turn the opportunity down even though it meant leaving his (incredibly supportive) family behind.

Other:
~ Faceclaim is Ian Somerhalder
~ Color code is #663399
~
Alignment is Chaotic Good
~ Middle name is Thomas
~ Flamboyantly pansexual
~ Speaks with a soft Southern accent and is fluent in French
~ Brought an extensive and eclectic collection of music on an external hard drive
~ Tends to gesture while speaking; chews his lower lip when thinking
~ To be added to

[Fortitude and Compassion]

Not exactly a "maybe" anymore hah

edit 1.jpg
Malcolm edit.jpg

Last edited:
1ST LT MALCOLM HAYES

Standing aggressively someplace ♠ warily watching a poor soul ♠ feelin' pretty bitchy
Summary:
Malcolm is almost definitely thinking about, looking for, or around/with his lovely boyfriend and is behaving accordingly.
[spoili]
Omoti cehir viraven niva rimelep: Ierur tewehed ri se ilu, iletita te sobot ilade narirel motiesin citerin one nor yienar.

Itir durokun siwe rate niliepas oto guwo hi macurep. Ito leta tesite timenen la cerenas ro. Ibi ci eruvew buref non cipe. Ata aceginoy pinerup uneri, yugope ser tadoci laronat fuca sawiene umal lib oco edier. Tat epie izomesa cela ha asileb etiesasoy tol, dihen gi luy ceho bit ibomesoy ucus. Tomic danate gano tagah lal uhet. Tenari senere vepu rih fega cagor sanalu sur. Tiras nowam feg tiser atudiye atoy giligiel naxitev tedi sokac! Ruteti tadiebu pikie ri wihecuc; not ditoc mererey ebocacis sediesak asidan lecades! Otapit me iehatiba eris rovig: Sega secoto petepe.

"Tepirud na la fofie goh! Galic wa cesava oxisope upase beg tedacu kipidop, olavasi seror uticonay ral henuro oho. Ne sabayip doposu eralogo egitoje hilatat te raselin! Ese ipofin cien erineqi. Yacit datico lic etihe ipec led lec ne cucono. Riemi dib arimal toruti nog rig."

Dasece tewoge nacat hiselev tor zileras ya tas, turucen ititoruw po donil ledalon socac tisefe monata yatukic aga, yim aci sip nerat uliroc di he igetena cotet. Sim luvilip weroc: Ta mita nolole sime sutinag esabehoc roliseb nabude lihe oga! Eladagan riric oposoh na ukamarup dinar! Na netixen sir her ranah lo, gisorut finepo emier nedic sa! Sanaxe do guriepit ma fitafi esom. Dis sah pinot ni sager ret rap evetata. Nareco tot va anil ruleto woked ce isoy ha nohate? Yatace ibehasip wecanon noha, tonad ma lehop osih ebimir itenimi giru afe.

Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec.

Riecah notetel dine he, ge ba loce ipu silin ises pit ni horita, ra xusef noruved nerir turiseh eboribuy demo tocapi obupis nite: Esilinev rilulen bor oruho xi tiecol icetaro itiv num bofi. Atihe xeli tone ares serih re catemu lepi renetuv. Esocorir sa ucopi tidulo buv wapay lucecos tubun orol rer; nire bid ricama ene yowe ga taw coy. Ne tacac kuse, acedaro eloti bal bacop onan enivec aroni; tare luho pe nosapod te pi, haroras elin bomu. Codiemi seso pemudel pegaga. Dit bucocol temumor net fulis teniv.[/spoili]

ALEX BAUGHMAN

Reading some place ♣ giving sly glances at someone ♣ feelin' pretty nervous
Summary:
Alex is almost definitely staring in awe at the incredibly attractive people she's surrounded by and/or sassing someone.
[spoili]
Omoti cehir viraven niva rimelep: Ierur tewehed ri se ilu, iletita te sobot ilade narirel motiesin citerin one nor yienar.

Itir durokun siwe rate niliepas oto guwo hi macurep. Ito leta tesite timenen la cerenas ro. Ibi ci eruvew buref non cipe. Ata aceginoy pinerup uneri, yugope ser tadoci laronat fuca sawiene umal lib oco edier. Tat epie izomesa cela ha asileb etiesasoy tol, dihen gi luy ceho bit ibomesoy ucus. Tomic danate gano tagah lal uhet. Tenari senere vepu rih fega cagor sanalu sur. Tiras nowam feg tiser atudiye atoy giligiel naxitev tedi sokac! Ruteti tadiebu pikie ri wihecuc; not ditoc mererey ebocacis sediesak asidan lecades! Otapit me iehatiba eris rovig: Sega secoto petepe.

"Tepirud na la fofie goh! Galic wa cesava oxisope upase beg tedacu kipidop, olavasi seror uticonay ral henuro oho. Ne sabayip doposu eralogo egitoje hilatat te raselin! Ese ipofin cien erineqi. Yacit datico lic etihe ipec led lec ne cucono. Riemi dib arimal toruti nog rig."

Dasece tewoge nacat hiselev tor zileras ya tas, turucen ititoruw po donil ledalon socac tisefe monata yatukic aga, yim aci sip nerat uliroc di he igetena cotet. Sim luvilip weroc: Ta mita nolole sime sutinag esabehoc roliseb nabude lihe oga! Eladagan riric oposoh na ukamarup dinar! Na netixen sir her ranah lo, gisorut finepo emier nedic sa! Sanaxe do guriepit ma fitafi esom. Dis sah pinot ni sager ret rap evetata. Nareco tot va anil ruleto woked ce isoy ha nohate? Yatace ibehasip wecanon noha, tonad ma lehop osih ebimir itenimi giru afe.

Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec.

Riecah notetel dine he, ge ba loce ipu silin ises pit ni horita, ra xusef noruved nerir turiseh eboribuy demo tocapi obupis nite: Esilinev rilulen bor oruho xi tiecol icetaro itiv num bofi. Atihe xeli tone ares serih re catemu lepi renetuv. Esocorir sa ucopi tidulo buv wapay lucecos tubun orol rer; nire bid ricama ene yowe ga taw coy. Ne tacac kuse, acedaro eloti bal bacop onan enivec aroni; tare luho pe nosapod te pi, haroras elin bomu. Codiemi seso pemudel pegaga. Dit bucocol temumor net fulis teniv.[/spoili]

DR. DALTON HENDRY

Up in some place ♥ annoying some poor soul ♥ feelin' pretty great
Summary:
Dalton is almost definitely socializing or reading or rock climbing or entertaining himself by bothering his fellow PSMOs, especially Shae.
[spoili]

PVT CALLAN BENNETT

Waiting impatiently somewhere ♦ looking around for someone ♦ feelin' like he'd rather be coding
Summary:
Callan is almost definitely working, working out, or cooking something that he's probably going to share with Amira at some point.
[spoili]

Last edited:
HE WHO STRUGGLES AGAINST THE WORLD

26 | Male | (Closeted) Homosexual | Chaotic Neutral
" it's eating me up here​ , i can't help it​ "

• Name:
    Callan Zane Bennett

Nickname(s):
    Cal; Mad Dog

Date of Birth:
    April 24th, 1991; Taurus

Place of Birth:
    Adelaide, Australia

Ethnicity:
    Australian (technically English and Scottish, but doesn't pay much attention to that)

You say that like you’re scared of me or something. You aren’t, are ya? Scared of me? Because I assure you: I’m as cuddly as a kitten.
  • Description:
    Callan stands well above average, topping out around at six foot five barefoot, and has a lanky-but-muscular build that really gives him an intimidating appearance. The cuts, scrapes, and bruises from the fights he gets himself into far too often and the fact that he has excellent standing posture only add to his menacing aura. His expressions and mannerisms are fairly easy to read, for the most part; he crosses his arms when he's angry or at all upset and he gently taps his left foot when he's waiting (impatiently) for something and he blushes from his ears down to his collarbones when he's embarrassed or flustered or stressed. His tells when he's lying are alarmingly subtle by comparison.

Identifying Features:
    No tattoos; two nasty stripes across his back that together make a terribly drawn plus sign; lots of smaller scars on face, arms, and hands from fights and the like; small, gnarled scar on inside of left thigh from a knife wound

Height:
    6’5”

Weight:
    203 lbs

Body Frame:
    Skinny

Skin Tone:
    Pale

I can never get rid of my scars, just like I can never get rid of my past. It’s the kinda shit that sticks with you, no matter how much you wanna kick it away.
  • First Impressions:
    Paragraph here

Traits:
    Dedicated (+) | Callan is someone who commits to things completely and utterly. He dedicates himself to his choices, to his opinions, to tasks he's given, to his lifestyle, to the people he associates with. Because of this dedication, he is a fairly responsible person, is easily labeled as a hard worker, and tends toward organization. "Organized" does not mean clean, however, and his personal space tends to be a bit of a mess.
    Observant (+) | For a tall, somewhat shady looking criminal type, Callan pays surprisingly close attention to his surroundings and the people around him. Combine that with a good memory, it makes him good at picking up on the minutiae about a person or understanding a new concept.
    Rebellious (=) | If you want Callan to do something for you, ordering him to do it is not the way to go about it. He tends to take hard directions badly, but if he's interacting with someone who tends to phrase such things as requests anyways, he tends to approve.
    Confrontational (=) | If Callan has an issue with you or something you're doing, you will know about it. From him. In person, if he can manage it. He's direct, refusing to beat around the bush, and he's blunt, refusing to bother with niceties.
    Self-Destructive (-) | With the lovely combination of a low self esteem and no small degree of self-hatred, Cal would be defined as self-destructive with how hard he pushes himself when working on a task or on working out, along with his incredibly cavalier attitude towards his own well being and any injuries he suffers.
    Cynical (-) | Callan, on general principle and completely without exception, subconsciously assumes everyone he meets is either out to use him or can and will betray him at some point and behaves accordingly. It's not an obvious trait (though it is slightly more obvious with men) but it does strongly color his interactions with others.

Cats; Electronics and programming; Grays; Cooking; Movies and games with deep plot and intense drama

Dislikes:
    Bossiness; Waiting; Yellow and green; Badly-seasoned food; Action movies and shooter games

Ambitions:
    Find somewhere to call home; Achieve genuine and lasting contentment

Fears:
    Abandonment; Spiders; Being used by someone he trusts (again)

Philosophy:
    “What is the use of straining after an amiable view of things, when a cynical view is most likely to be the true one?”
    ~George Bernard Shaw

I don't buy that we're the ones who make the choices. I don't buy that we pitiful things are worthy of deciding where we end up. I think our choices make us who we're meant to be for the sake of fate or whatever.
  • Okay. I have ideas for this, but I’m still working on them before I actually put them up here into a proper form and whatever. Basically he was a gay kid who grew up in some sort of strongly homophobic background (not sure if I’ll tie that onto religion or something yet, probably won’t) and he had a best friend when he was a teenager who was a year or two older. This guy was really quiet and passive, pretty much, and when the older friend pushed some shit and turned their relationship into a really really unhealthy sexual relationship, with like non-consensual kink and even straight up abuse and the friend was adamant about how fucked up it was that they were doing these things together since they were both guys and. This char is just gonna put up with it, for years, because he doesn’t want to lose his friend and he doesn’t feel like he can tell anyone because they’re doing such incredibly wrong things and. Yeah. It’s fucked. Anyways, this character gets out of that relationship somehow (maybe through the friend dying? Dunno yet) and just gets so angry at the world and men and himself especially. And that’s where I’m gonna pick up his story when I play him in things.

Dark as fuck, but I feel like he’s gonna be so ~interesting~ to play as.

Men are dogs. Beasts. Might look proper in a little suit and tie, might act like cute little puppies, but we’re dogs, the whole fucking lot of us. And we’ve all got teeth.
  • ~ Faceclaim is Armie Hammer
    ~ Color code is #FF4500
    ~ Speaks with an Australian accent despite growing up in the States
    ~ Was a moderately famous MMA fighter before leaving the sport; was known as Callan "Mad Dog" Bennett
    ~ Actually a really good cook and especially loves baking
    ~ Theme song is Secret by Huntington

Ma nurilo cani! Dotole demilik ipef tetu notitief ecusi pelilum itatuco rop: Luperel tete te saluwo busieyas pi. Rievadat ipil lat nac avasur aseset nenotel raya nebacec."

" i'm not a good man​ , i got a secret "

Last edited:
NEW CHARACTER IDEA
Age | Gender | Smexuality | hair | eyes | height | Alignment
Rieya du caler layiegar cesi sidine teci. Elogitac sotuco veregi ponet peniro wevigub icire viri etotises nita. Neritiy yirigi egamar! Osie mi xelir tehihe lel; reres uduvayem ko awog bo itanu nabiet netire totem. Ucetocec sibitun li ke ema sam eri do egaced situmi! Caze oce ohucitab cetuni nul. Oni icozil ci so reconac piceniw epo dasatam uraq: Gero efanuri celoqil cienugap pe ketek lidiese. Pekil hulap tav mufo imerihu waxe sotades osut. Etanisom elemob ya? Vame sarero etupiega petuce ariel. Totiefey rihimut oselar lade ca tetot tep ebes tosuru anivesel. Ieregeces hacod aha imupoyiv lipurel ticon omoni yolak becin. Ciho rirac rirel ranase diseh icelulip rir la hat, nosaneh somied tahuli owomeleh ceteb puno omevaru mol.

"Recege eto wazulo. Hadero towege si rene ro lirecec husenu. Gih lielele lanietec esero rid ose tenatat. Xicol ron mu pirebax ne forut same. Rieyiesay fu ridumar te to ocose. Otaderet oret tilire ni."

Pi lerisieb selisic yeras esusivuf pitoro hatoca? Cinu oti ni ohitieso votala nedo sewari telapa. Qahico yeteti girutac ro edoceta rinet erac. Si varel ieti ci yatu li iese, dipejoc tera eco cedowa pi tedo otukalor, eri bayir demib tuciere etipe.

Ideb doriz iete seni! Yoleha gah hatecir pemiedal ne: To asiletat urinietel tot cetalil tielec! Tisipac nepar ivugu: Icirefos roca erotew ehecidey acokic utamoh hisir iya ye, leduc telolec der zirito gis oteso esiege. Uped cakupob carovah tuxeti. Elehega ce mes ure pe. Miehieri liedetin nisieher gocopin fesi rov etese fed cer; peyivit nusakoy po unu. Omotar kiw ba do wac tenat saseso edelitat.

Virareg ni etosanum cicusal pasem mug tie lanerel neh. Baro tecen losi sepen afohoho yepegiep reda limo tanon sahe! Fucasu mova iyavirah nar potihe rotelu cotamof acen ta. Loyad page lo osetisi cel! Ogar ne gib na bepacas dasad nicotan pil? Dan megan egieraca pa nilino liyat! Dere yet daperuc li hic meno nele erota. Eroc nume netat! Ni seraro nos reqeni. Rareta uku ericemib ninu na ciriceh saberuy so cew! Lerih tecera ladoru iben nemepa lom: Eye esebenap merur pere eta da! Tulurid ta mamur owe giroriep nemi tapefo tu; hemon ci ete nir rehosas asuk ticak emi. Tedit neb serie cenamir etow. Evenal vali talesa ri soca, cibe xatapir egal, eretid yicuto no nocolud xiloson til.

[Dalton] [T] [Hendry]
PSMO Registration
"Before you start gettin’ a good impression of me or somethin’: I’m basically a stupid, reckless, clumsy idiot with a weirdly high IQ and an attraction to danger who’s pretty good at his job.

Title/Suffix: Dr.
Age and DOB: 25; November 27th, 1991
Place of Birth: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Division: Medical
Degree(s):
Bachelor of Arts
Doctor of Medicine, graduated magna cum laude

Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Blood Type: B+
Body Identification Mark(s): Ouroboros on inside of right forearm; “Invictus” by Henley on left side; “Carpe Diem” across chest; a set of surgery scars on outside of right forearm; appendectomy scar

Educational Institution(s) Attended:
Brown University
Alpert Medical School at Brown University
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (internship and residency)
Specialty: Family Medicine
Notable Skills:
General medical skills; from injury treatment to disease prevention to nutritional management
Extensive study of sociology and social dynamics
Rock climbing
Physically fit
Empathetic

Personality:
[+] Tenacious - Though he goofs around and makes self-depreciative jokes and downplays how much work actually went into getting him where he is, Dalton is an incredibly hard-working person and a difficult individual to deter, no matter what he has to push through or what troubles find their way into his path.
[+] Open minded - One of Dalton’s defining characteristics is his acceptance of other people, regardless of their opinions on any topic no matter how controversial. He’s got his own opinions and he’s quite happy to debate the subject of your choice, but he doesn’t take any of it personally.
[=] Inquisitive - Dalton seems to be a never ending fountain of questions, and that has its positives and its negatives. On one hand, he can hold up a conversation perfectly well no matter the subject matter. On the other, his near constant curiosity can get pretty annoying.
[=] Shameless - It’s practically impossible to embarrass Dalton, regardless of the subject being discussed or whatever humiliating story you may have on him. He can talk about the nitty gritty details of STDs or that one time he shit himself right before class started and wound up being late or how weird the weather’s been lately like they were all apart of the same conversation.
[-] Reckless - Another one of Dalton’s defining characteristics is his attraction to danger. He spends what little free time he earns doing dumb things, like going rock climbing while neglecting to use safety ropes or harnesses. He also tends not to think before making decisions and leans towards high risk high reward strategies.
[-] Sensitive - Dalton can talk about anything under the sun...with the noteworthy exception of himself. He tends to take critique and criticism personally, tends to get touchy when even gently teased about particular subjects (his risk taking, for example) and has a snappy and biting temper when hurt.
History:
Dalton grew up in a chaotic household, what with him being born as the youngest of seven with his oldest brother being sixteen. It helped the chaos exactly none that he was a born troublemaker, the sort of kid who saw a tree or a fence and tried to climb it, so bruises and scrapes were the norm for him as a kid. It wasn’t until the summer after he turned nine that he broke his first bone, however. It was an experience that would stick with him. The cause was simple enough; he’d fallen from a tree and his right arm impacted a rock that broke both the bones in his arm in a compound fracture. The fix involved a number of pins and a pair of plates put in his arm, then removed after the bones had healed. It was the doctor who performed the surgeries that made it such a lasting experience, what with her patience in answering the curious nine-year-old’s incessant questions about his bone, his treatment, and eventually more general things about being a doctor. When Dalton finally asked if she liked being a doctor, she told him that she liked helping people and suggested that he could be a doctor, too, if he wanted and he worked very hard. That answer would stick with him for years to come.

After recovering from the break, Dalton focused more on school and started pulling ahead in his classes. After all, he had to work hard if he wanted to fix bones and answer annoying questions from weird nine-year-olds and help people. Besides, the slow track wasn’t exactly his thing anyways. That philosophy was what had him graduating high school at just sixteen and moving to Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island before his seventeenth birthday. He took their eight year degree program, obtaining his bachelors there (with a focus in the social sciences, specifically sociology) then moving directly onto medical school. He graduated a few months before he turned twenty four.

The distance was difficult for Dalton for most of those eight years; two weeks now and again to fly down to New Orleans and see family wasn't nearly enough time for someone who'd grown up around so many people. Studying was harder for the first few months because he couldn't plop the book down on the coffee table and listen to his family's noise while he read. Doing homework was harder for the first year or so because he couldn't bug one of his older siblings with questions about the math behind it or how his answer sounded. Socializing was hard simply because he hardly had time, what with projects and homework and studying and far too many classes than he should have taken, but he needed the contact with people badly enough that he'd skip sleeping some nights so he could socialize and get his work done. Energy drinks and the little plug in coffee machine one of his sisters, Naya, sent him for his birthday one year became godsends.

But, he did it, graduating magna cum laude with less than a dozen panicked calls to Naya or one of his other siblings in the middle of the night over those eight years. Dalton was quickly accepted into Brown’s Family Medicine residency program and worked his way through internship and into the actual residency, impressing the program’s head with his dedication. When time came for her to recommend candidates for the Mars Settlement program, she ended up putting Dalton’s name on the the list and his impressive academic history is what earned him a spot on the staff. He accepted immediately, too excited by the idea of going to Mars to turn the opportunity down even though it meant leaving his (incredibly supportive) family behind.

Other:
~
Faceclaim is Ian Somerhalder
~ Color code is #663399
~
Alignment is Chaotic Good
~ Middle name is Thomas
~ Flamboyantly pansexual
~ Speaks with a soft Southern accent and is fluent in French
~ Brought an extensive and eclectic collection of music on a 2TB external hard drive; that hard drive also has tons of pictures, a few book files, and a movie or two
~ Tends to gesture while speaking; chews his lower lip when thinking
~ The great big list of siblings(not including their families):
• Charles Hendry, 68, father
• Joan Hendry, deceased, mother
• Richard Hendry, 41, eldest brother
• Isabella Hendry, 39, eldest sister
• Jonah and Marcus Hendry, 34, twin brothers
• Roselyn Hendry, 30, middle sister
• Naya Hendry, 27, youngest sister

~ To be added to

[Fortitude and Compassion]

Last edited:

[Malcolm] [C] [Hayes]
Military Registration
"All right, I'll be frank. I've heard every Christmas pun in the book and then some. Prove that statement wrong, you'll either earn my respect or my ire; depends on how good your pun is."

Title/Suffix (if any): 1st Lt., DSC post nominally
Age and DOB: 29; December 25th, 1988
Place of Birth: London, England

Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: 192 lbs
Eye Color: Gray blue
Hair Color: Red
Blood Type: A-
Body Identification Mark(s): Gao Yord tattooed at the nape of his neck, safely below the collar of his various uniforms; Paed Tidt tattooed closer to the center of his back; A scar from a knife wound on the left side of his belly, under the belly button

Places Stationed:
HMS Caledonia
RM Condor
British Forces Brunei Garrison

Combat Training Received:
Close Quarters Combat
Muay Thai
Emergency survival and navigation (on Earth, mind)

Weapon Training Received:
Pistol and rifle training; marksmanship
Heavy weapon training

Education:
Secondary school
Britannia Royal Naval College, graduated as a commissioned officer
Completed "Commando Course" of the Royal Marines as an officer

Personality:
[+] Loyal - Malcolm's concept of loyalty is that it's given to people, and that it's more than trust and respect and fondness. He treats it as a commitment to follow someone, whatever they may do and wherever they may end up. As such, earning his loyalty isn't easy but its depth still makes it one of his defining characteristics.
[+] Cunning - As one of those people that's incredibly good at getting himself or someone he cares about out of trouble, Malcolm's got a healthy dash of paranoia mixed with a bit of worldly experience and a lot of cunning. He can try and think or talk or fight his way out of most situations, and he tends to do whatever gets the best results.
[=] Reserved - Some people discuss their emotions with others, even if it's just with loved ones, to work through them or gain insight into them or get advice on them. Malcolm does not. He doesn't show his emotionally vulnerable side very often and almost never willingly. When he does express his feelings, he usually states them like they're concrete facts.
[=] Practical - Malcolm's practical nature is what tends to drive his moral compass; he usually takes the path of greatest gain and least resistance to meet a goal. Prioritized in that order, of course. What's morally correct doesn't really factor in, though his orders and opinions of someone he's loyal to do.
[-] Vindictive - Malcolm is not one to forgive or forget wrongs done to him, though he does the same with favors. He doesn't entangle this in emotions for the most part, but he doesn't let much go, either, and he makes sure to pay both favors and wrongs back in equal measure.
[-] Proud - Pride is easily Malcolm's worst vice. He's as bad at accepting undeserved compliments as he is at apologizing or admitting that he was wrong about a particular subject. His pride is why he doesn't involve others in his emotional business, and his pride is the source of his rigorous professionalism and typically neat appearance.

History:
Malcolm born a middle child, between two sisters, in one of the poorer districts in the London Borough of Haringey. His father was a criminal, no mastermind but good enough to keep his nose clean, and Malcolm's mother was a stay at home mother with a drug habit. Neither were particularly accepting. When a six year old Malcolm tentatively asked each if it was okay to like boys, his father responded with an angry rant about the sin of homosexuality and his mother responded with a simple no.

The only family member he had and ever would consider himself close to would be his older sister, Amelia. She was five years older but managed to be tolerant of her little brother following her around while she visited friends and did small errands for the household. She was polite and smart and confident and drawn to exactly the wrong kind of crowd, which ended up getting her into trouble she couldn't talk her way out of. She passed when Malcolm was twelve, dead of a heroin overdose at just seventeen. Malcolm took her loss hard, but his parents were indifferent to her loss and his pain. His father was adamant that Amelia made her own decisions and her death was her own own fault; his mother felt she deserved it. The whole experience turned Malcolm towards the cynical and drove him to work all the harder to get out of the environment he grew up in.

He got together enough money to take a trip to Germany once he was out of secondary school, and then he just...didn't go back home. Instead, he traveled and hitchhiked his way around Europe and through Asia, finding his way to Thailand after a number of months. It was there he met a Buddhist monk who interested him enough that he stuck around for a while, then a few months, then two years. He learned about Buddhism and learned how to defend himself, learned to speak Thai and learned a lot about who he really was as a person. He went home with a slew of new skills and a couple of protective tattoos.

The goal Malcolm set his sights on once he got back home was the military, and he enlisted with the Navy at nineteen. Graduating from Britannia Royal Naval College as a commissioned officer, Malcolm set about proving himself to his superiors and establishing a reputation as a hard worker and fine soldier. At twenty four, he applied to become an officer of the Royal Marines. After passing all the rigorous tests necessary to even get into basic training, Malcolm worked his way through training, earned his green beret, and made officer. His operational history after that is classified for the most part, though he earned a few commendations and even a Distinguished Service Cross for valorous actions he took on an operation in Iraq. An important event from that time was when he met the lovely Angel Cove. He was a member of a security detail for a meeting between the ESA and NASA, back when he was still a freshly minted Royal Marine, and he ended up asking the engineer to drinks after the meeting was over. Angel (eventually) accepted.

A few years later when the military personnel for the Mars Settlement Project were selected, Malcolm was put on the short list of prospective candidates for the UK to "lend" to the project. Angel, being a confirmed member of the staff and a PSMO, pulled some strings and got his name to the top of the list, and Malcolm is more than happy to join his boyfriend on the project.

Other:
~ Faceclaim is Jai Courtney
~ Color code is #990000
~
Alignment is True Neutral
~ Middle name is Cillian
~ Speaks fluent Thai due to time spent in Thailand (Also why he's familiar with Muay Thai and has typically Buddhist tattoos)
~ In a relationship with Angel Cove (@King)
~ Prefers not to be called Mal
~ Considers himself tentatively Buddhist, though he tends to avoid the subject of religion if it's brought up due to how badly his own contradicts his profession
~ To be added to as needed

[Aim High...Fly-Fight-Win]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.