rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
.THE MUSE

VOLUME Ixxxxxx
A simplistic guide on finding roleplay images.

Links:

Please respect the wishes of the artist's whose images you use and when possible, provide credit.

HOW TO FIND MUSE WORTHY RP IMAGES - FACE CLAIMS, AESTHETICS, LANDSCAPES, AND MORE!

Whether you're searching for real images, realistic artwork, anime, or any combination thereof, it can be tough finding what you want. Luckily, the internet is a wealthy trove of knowledge and inspiration, just waiting to be explored. To the left are thirteen quick links to get you started on the road to RP happiness. Before I depart, however, and let you get lost in the beauty of digital art and photography, I want to talk about three things I've come to learn over the years.​

ONE. ____- W.W.H.?
  • What are you looking for? Why? How can you simplify your search?
Getting down to the nitty gritty of what you truly want is the essence of W.W.H. Ask yourself those three questions - first - and then foray into the deep abyss that is the internet. Simplicity is everything, at least when it comes to searching, and knowing exactly what you're looking for helps curb the time invested.

TWO. ____- CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING
  • The success or failure of your search almost always comes down to how you word it.
Now that you know what you're looking for - not only do you want to simplify the heck out of it, but you want to make sure you're using the right words. Instead of crimson try red, instead of blue try azure. Looking for a RL FC? Got any specific wants? Green eyes you say? Red hair? Try "models with green eyes" or "actresses with red hair" or "aliens with big boobs". Remember, if one thing doesn't work, try another.

THREE. __- DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF GOOGLE
  • "Search Google for..." is one of the most useful tools that I use.
With a simple right click the world is at your fingertips. Well, not entirely, but this search function can sometimes make you feel like it is! Ever found a FC that you liked, but it just wasn't it? 'Search Google for Image' is great at finding similar-looking images that could potentially be exactly what you want.

Last edited: