Ilvermorny, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Story.

Ales Ross
Direct Interactions: Morri ( @OppositeInverse ), Thomas ( @Polaris North )

-x-

Ales waved goodbye as Clare left, watching as Morri put her vial by Katalina. She wasn't insulted or hurt by it. There were some that refused to take potions out of principle and others (like herself) that only took them from certain people. "I've been better," she replied honestly. "Nothing was really personal to me until..." Her voice trailed off as she pushed back the memories of what happened at the Snakewood Tree. "At least I had something to take my mind off of it," she finished, nodding to her potions.

A genuine smile appeared when Thomas did, moving to stand next to her. It was a relief to be around someone she was friends with and not totally surrounded by not-quite-strangers. Sure, she knew the faces around her well enough. She couldn't say they were friends though. "Calming draughts, you caught me making it earlier." A quick unzip of her bag allowed her to show him the contents. "I've got one for you and one for your baking. Just a few drops though, same as usual. I think this batch might be a little stronger than normal." A normal batch would not have been quite so effective so quickly with such a small dose, after all, she thought to herself. A small vial was pressed into his hand

Her attention was drawn back to the main group when Morri questioned what had happened in the Hall. Ales herself was curious, of course, and now would be a good time to catch up. What DJ told them spooked her. She shivered and moved closer to Thomas during the description of the darkness, her grip tightening on her bag. "I won't stay if you go back to the dorms," she whispered to Thomas, trying to keep her voice low. "But I don't want to leave them here either."

Reactions: OppositeInverse
ebf61d9d759c0f69d5243adddaa6cff0.png

Interactions: DJ, Felix, Morri, Kat, Ales
Mentions: @Kurogane86 @OppositeInverse @MelodicInferno @Angelic Fusion @InkaDinkaDoo

"Ah, so that was what it was." Thomas recalled. That was the session he had interrupted earlier. He was then given two vials - one for his personal use and one for when he bakes. He appreciated how she makes sure to make an extra vial for when he bakes, so he frequently gets two of them. He gave her an appreciative smile. "Thanks Ales, I think the young ones need it." Now he knew what his new batch would be. Since he's going to save up on the potion, since he didn't want to bother Ales any more, he'd probably make small cookies again. And he probably needed to restrict how many they actually eat - or an overdose might be his next problem.

He pocketed the serum and then looked at the second vial. The one for his personal use. "It'll help tonight, that's for sure." He admitted meekly to her as he played with the vial, watching the liquid inside as it swirled. He usually didn't want to drink potions to make him feel better when it came to emotions - anxiety and whatnot - but he might actually need to use it this time if he wanted to sleep. Or at least, sleep without having to actually tire his emotions out. "Just a few drops yeah? Fewer than before... I'll keep it in my mind." He continued with a nod as he pocketed vial.

DJ started his story. He gave DJ an encouraging nod whenever he turned to him. When he went on to describe the darkness that had enveloped the room, Thomas couldn't help but add. "Even if we couldn't enter the room, we could already feel the negativity bearing down on us..." He clenched his hands. "Sabrina relaying the story at the same time wasn't helping." He then began to rub his knuckles, a sign that he was nervous and was trying to calm himself down. His breath was shallow even.

He then coughed once and then wiped his hands on his pants. "It... It might actually not have been something... something, uh... physical." Thomas pointed out, looking at DJ and then to the two. "But... yeah... yeah, I think it's best if someone actually watched over. If anything, with this knowledge, maybe it can help. You know?" He continued. He was worried that DJ was right - that whatever it was that attacked Ria - perhaps it was old ghosts, a prophecy or if it was actually physical - might attack Morri and Kat too.

He then heard Felix step up. Ales, however, told him in a hushed voice that she would leave if he was going to leave, but she felt that she shouldn't leave either. Thomas gave her a small smile. "I was going to say the same thing." He admitted. He then gave Morri and Kat a glance before looking back at Ales. "I think... I'll stay." He replied in the same hushed voice. Thomas placed a hand over the Pukwudgie crest on his robe, closing his fist on it. He took a deep breath and then looked at the others, letting his arms hang on his side.

"Okay, so it's pretty much decided that we'll stay." Thomas said out loud, finding some confidence and some ease for now. "But... do you really think that the Nurse would let us stay? I'm pretty much the assistant nurse and I'm still not allowed to stay past curfew." He pointed out, looking at the clock. It was nearing curfew. They were going to get kicked out any time now. He remembered the time when the nurse told him to go when Ria was there. He didn't want that to happen again now. But could they really convince the Nurse to let them stay?

He then had an idea. It was a bad idea, but an idea nonetheless. Thomas then went closer to them and began to speak in a hushed voice, so even if the Nurse would come back, she wouldn't hear him. "She would have to go to sleep eventually right? We could sneak back in." Thomas hated breaking the rules... but if it was for his friends, he'd do it in a heartbeat.
[/hr]

[fieldbox="Morri ‘Lil’ Skopos, gray, dashed, 10"]

-> ALL'A YOUS!!!

Morri looks down at Kat's goofy but humbling comment, giving her a nod of assurance that she was right there by her side through it all. But, looking back at DJ, she could see the seriousness in his eyes, the dude had experienced something other than just the tragic event of that morning. Morri could swear for a moment it was almost as if he had the same look Ria had on her face, but maybe it was all in her head. He warned her that Thomas and he had some pretty heavy stuff to talk about, but Morri's will never budged, her ice eyes stayed locked in for the impactful news. And when he mentioned another truth behind Ria, Morri's interest skyrocketed. And then he released it. Everything, how Sabrina snuck them into Thunderbird Tower to see the room, covered in Magic Tape, but even still they felt the bearing of an oppression. How Sabrina zoned out telling them about it, effectively taking them as if they were there too. Just hearing it from DJ and Thomas sent a chill up her spine, her heart raced a bit. The rumors were true. Ria really off the deep end that night, and the influence of The Headmaster means he experienced it to. Why it is that he's okay? Morri deduced it had to be his uncanny magical potency, one is not a Headmaster in the magic community for mere politics like the no-maj world.

When even the almighty and cocky DJ said it made even he feel inferior and weak, she melted. How powerful could this... thing? Person? Force? ...be? And then her heart dropped when he mentioned the possibility of whatever it was, could be coming for the dynamic duo next. Morri looks at Kat, seeing her emotional turmoil over it. She could only imagine what the empath was feeling at the moment, and then she sees the faces of Ales, and Books, and finally back to Thomas and DJ. For a split second they would have the luxury of seeing Morri vulnerable, a quick look of fear. And just like the wind, it vanished. Her eyes grew cold and her gaze drew sharp.

"Good."

She clenched her fists and rose from the bed as the Nurse finished cleaning sheets on other beds and tidying up the infirmary for the night. "I want whatever happened to come. I welcome it. So I can show it what real magic looks like as the light fades from his, her, or its eyes." DJ then mentioned hanging out for the time being so that he could try and protect the two, Morri's brows raising with surprise. Protect? If Ria Pocomtuc and Sabrina Andrews combined with Headmaster Fontaine and Head Portina could't stop this thing...how could they? Books shoots fingers and concurs with Danny, and after a brief convo, Ales and Thomas seemingly agree as well. Morri shakes her head in disbelief, trying to keep her voice down.

"Hey, this isn't The Goonies... no! No way are you getting in trouble or risking anymore disorder for me. It's fine. We'll be okay."

And then Thomas...Thomas Holleyway of all people makes a suggestion that sends Morri's mouth gaping wide open. The boy actually suggested sneaking back in the infirmary. Morri scoffs out a quiet chuckle, looking the Puk up and down as if she'd watched another man blossom from out of Thomas like a cocoon. "Thomas...! Did you of all people really just say that?" She then pucks her lip out and gives a slight nod of respect. "Kudos for having some balls, but guys--"

Nope, whatever rebuke she was going to give was now tarnished as Nurse Chambers comes up and slides the curtain back fully, hands on her hips looking at the teens. "You know tha' drill... I hate ta do it but with everything that's going on right now we need things in order, peace. Everyone but Kat and Morri needs to leave, I promise you can come back first thing in tha mornin'. Deal? Morri, you can hang out with Kat but when 11PM hits your hiney better be in your bed. Glad to see yurr up and responsive, you had me worried there for a minute."

Morri nods in silence as she watched her friends clear out of the infirmary, wondering if they were actually going to follow through with the plan or adhere to Nurse Chambers' words. Morri watched them with worried eyes, her conflicting thoughts very apparent in her stare and expression. She just didn't want them to get in trouble for her or Kat. Ria was dead, nothing could change that. Sabrina sent the school into disarray, she's doing what she wants, Chambers was right Ilvermorny needs order right now, but...what if DJ was right? What if whatever happened to Ria that nights comes for them in the middle of night? Would Morri and Kat really be ready? Morri just figured she had to make it to tomorrow, when MACUSA would be on campus. They'd for sure have the campus on high security as they look into the matter, then she wouldn't have to worry as much. She also had her NEWT exams tomorrow, so she really didn't want to be up all night waiting for someone or something that may never come. How could one do school after a day like today? Nurse Chambers brews up a cup of something and sets it beside Morri's bed, and then Kat's.

"Here ya go, some fresh powdered moonstone, unicorn horn, and porcupine quills with a mix of hellebore syrup. Drink it before you go to bed and yes it's mandatory. I better not get back in here and see it anything more then empty." Morri nods as Nurse Chambers headed off to her quarters for the night. It was just Morri and Kat... for now at least. Morri really didn't wish for the others to sneak back, but if it was her, wouldn't she do the same?

Morri sits at the foot of Kat's bed, and blows upward pushing a strand of hair out of her line of sight. "What. A. Damn. Day."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Katalina Romanov, #BB81F5"]
Mentions:
@OppositeInverse @Nim @Polaris North @InkaDinkaDoo @MelodicInferno @Kurogane86

Terror, everyone was worried. But, amongst the fear stood out solidarity. Watching the group talk Kat kept mostly to herself. She didn't need to speak, she judged through listening and feeling. They were being genuine, as they would have been. So, why would she need to speak? Tearing up some she wiped her eyes and forced herself outward rather than inward. The emotions connecting others to the event that started it all was easier than her own connection to it. Feeling through others was always easier than a direct exposure.

Her heart swelled and she began to cry. "Even though you are all so scared you all would rather face death than see others suffer." Looking to them all tears continued to fall down her face "It isn't often I feel good like that.". She felt embarrassed, sure she was prone to emotional episodes but she didn't like to cry. But, of all times this should have been the exception. Her heart swirled and through the resolve of those around her exhaled and smiled a little.

Looking to Thomas Kat smiled "Of course he would. He wouldn't feel any other way right now." Kat said staring at him. Her purple eyes not their normal distant nature but watered over. "You all seem like-" Kat herself was cut off as the nurse entered. Waiting for her to leave she looked at the assembled group. "Please, do not come back because of us." Kat asked not reaching out to tell if they were going to or not. "Im not going to read your emotions this time. Follow your heart, hasn't let me down yet... despite all this." Kat said with a moment of strength that even surprised her.

----
With everyone gone and the Nurse handing her a potion Kat takes the potion and watches Morri intently. She knew Morri expected her to just dump it. Tilting her head she seemed to almost be taunting Morri into doing something before Kat smirked and downed the potion with obvious distaste. "Tastes like dirt... not good dirt either." She mumbled out. Still bolstered by her friends resolve she watched Morri at the end of her bed and wondered if she should do anything.

Blowing air at Morri Kat tried to make the complicated woman relax. Carefully sitting with her side against Morri's back Kat let her head rest against the back of Morri's shoulder. "Its okay to be afraid, anxious... scared. Im terrified, I really am but you are here. We have each other right now, but more than that. We have others willing to risk punishment to make sure we are okay." Kat continued on before sighing "Theres so much I wish I could say. To you... to others but, with all this it just... I hope tomorrow is a new day, it always is." Kat said before parting with her friend.

Letting go she went under her own covers and laid her head against her pillow. She wasn't going to sleep that night. She knew this, there was far to much to consider. But, tomorrow held so much for them all. Squeezing her eyes tight she tried to force herself into sleep. Sadly, it wasn't ever easy let alone on a day like this... days like these. Wishing she could shut off her mind she tossed and turned a few times before finally turning over onto her back and staring up towards the ceiling.

Turning over once move she began to tear small strips off the sheets on her bed. Continuing this action through the night she had effectively ripped and torn apart her bed sheets and cover sheet. The strips all of which were varying in length but were all the same width. All of them were different shapes, some small some large but all were different in some way shape or form. The dozens and dozens of tattered rags were simply animals covering her bed. It was obvious she didn't sleep or was still not asleep.

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
DJ

DJ smiled when Booker, Thomas and Ales agreed to stay. "You guys are awesome, with this much fire power whatever this is has no chance." DJ was about to go into a rant when a problem was brought up. "come on like nobody here has snuck out before. there are ways to make it past everyone." Suddenly Thomas came up with a suggestion which blew everyone away. "woah, Thomas has officially become a bad boy. Shield your eyes ladies or you'll start to fall for him." DJ laughed when Morri then Kat expressed their wishes for them to stay away. "yeah right." DJ refuted. "you guys really want us to stand back and not even try to help our friends when they are in trouble?" You guys didn't see it but." he looked at Thomas. "Sabrina. Her face it was. It was like she was more upset at herself for not being able to do anything."

DJ looked at the two. "We aren't gonna let that happen. no mat." DJ was cut off mid sentence by familiar footsteps. It was time for them to head out, visiting hours were officially over. DJ shot a look to the girls, his usual cocky i'm gonna do what I want look. He smiled at Chambers as he headed out of the room first. He stopped by the side of the door signaling everyone to hang back. He waited till they are all together and had them follow him as he walked he spoke softly just loud enough for the others to hear him.

"ok so it's agreed right. were gonna come back as soon as Chambers is asleep right? DJ saw some first years round the corner he stopped and signaled the rest to keep quiet. Once they were alone again he started up again. "ok so this is the plan. we sneak out and meet in the hallway to the infirmary, we can hide out in the storage room until we all arrive." He looked around and faced the group. "I'm glad you guys all spoke up and said you're with me on this. I promise i'll do my best to keep you all safe, as the unofficial best Duelist at this school i'll risk it all for you guys." a cocky smile appeared on DJ's face. "i'm getting amped up for this, i'm gonna blow away whatever this darkness is."

• Love

-> Kat
~>> All the Sneakies

After Kat's crying spell, Morri became internally exhausted. It was a rough day, Kat's face was a bit puffy from crying, and yet the girl still looked stunning, her purple eyes producing some rather unique tears. She seemed to appreciate and support the idea of them sneaking back in, in which Morri appreciated it all the same, but opposed the idea. The Monitors (Prefects) would certainly be patrolling the halls with increased security, and them getting past 24 Monitors was going to be tough. A part of Morri wished they would just go to sleep in their rooms and wake up for NEWT exams tomorrow, but Morri saw the look on DJ's face. They boy was stubborn. This case was one of the few times she actually liked it, a light smile caught her face.

Kat drunk the Peace serum and teased Kat, saying it tasted like dirt and blew in her face. Morri chuckles, but then zones out thinking about all her emotions of today, like a mind reader Kat scoots up and slides herself behind Morri, as she feels a head of hair press down on her shoulder. Kat knew what she was feeling. All the hurt, the guilt, the loss. But that they have each other, and for seemingly the first time, they have others too. Morri was friends with a ton of people at IV, but to call someone a best friend and close mate? That was only reserved to Kat. Morri didn't allow herself to let people in and Kat knew the reason why. Kat slides back into her bed and rests her head on the pillow, finally giving Morri some peace. She looks over at Kat.

"You can always tell me anything Katty. You know that. Get some rest. Night, I love you."

Morri then drags herself to her bed, the cup of peace potion on the stand. She approaches a silver tray with a wand on it. Her wand. She had forgotten about it all day today, and upon seeing it she felt sick. She placed the tray off the bed and onto the floor, she didn't...couldn't even look at it. She slides into the covers and buries her head in the pillows. She turned towards the door and looked at it, a gleam of moonlight bouncing off. And then she turned to the night sky with lost eyes. What did Ria and the others see? What did they feel? Her eyes get heavy as she starts to drift, faintly hearing Kat toss and turn. She didn't know if she was going to awaken with everyone snuck in, all she could do was focus on the bit of peace she had left....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animated_fire_by_nevit.gif

A seemingly endless void of fire. Miles upon miles of flames. There was no one else there. Only Morri. She alone stood in the fire, and upon achieving lucid awareness, she jumps and screams at the fire, but it did not burn her. She waved her hands in the fire, and experienced no pain. She knew it was a dream, but never in her 16 years has it ever been so clear...so real. She walks along the fire, calling out to anyone. Anything. Her voice echoes infinite times over. She walks as her school robes start to catch on fire, again no pain being done to her. Her robes disintegrate and she is naked now walking in the fire, that felt more like pressured air at this point. She looks down at her hands, balling them into fists.

"Is this real..."

Morri.

A voice called out to her mind. She turned in every direction searching for it.

Morri.

She hyperfocused on one direction, walking adamant towards it as her body begin to sweat aggressively. The path of fire seemed to bend to her will, as she walked for what seemed like an eternity. And upon the end of eternity's destination. A figure. It stood tall, bold, a robed or dark figure Morri couldn't quite make out...who was he...or it? A shroud of darkness covered the head area. Morri approached, as a view of Earth was repeatedly being destroyed over and over again in a time loop. Morri's voice echoes to infinity.

tumblr_mevqrcPzmv1qc3ju8o2_500.gif

"Who are you...?"

You're not ready yet.

"What? What is this? What does this mean?"

You are not ready for what comes. In time...

Morri had her wits about her, as clear as if she was in the real world, everything was so vivid and robust. She stepped towards the figure, fists balled.

"...Did you kill Ria?"

See.

At that instant, a flash overcame Morri. Her entire view was obstructed by flashes of images now. A man with grey hair and dark robes falling into the deep mist of Mt. Greylock, followed by a booming thunder sound that resembles a turbine churning, The sky rumbling with clouds moving rapidly as they turn dark, and finally... it was of herself. She was in a dark area, everything was so dim... and her eyes, they were pitch black. Morri screams as the rush of images overload her brain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sleep]

In the quiet of night, Morri sleeps in her bed in the infirmary. The starts well lit and the moonlight shining through. But suddenly, her body began to become warm. Too warm. Her skin becomes glazed with perspiration, as her hair starts to become drenched. Rather quickly beads of sweat begin to spread all over her body, streaming down her skin and dampening the sheets. Drips of sweat begin to drop from her finger tips. Her breathing was as calm and peaceful as can be, but her eyes. They were darting back and forth as they were still closed. She begin to tremble slightly, as her body temperature burns through whatever potions and composure she's had all day. And for a split second, the eyes stopped. She was at calm once more.

And then a deep gasp.

Morri shoots up from her sleep, the first two seconds not knowing where she was nor who was around her. She wasn't sure if her friends has snuck back in at this point, but she knew it was well into the middle of the night. Without hesitation Morri leaps from her bed like a werewolf and zips into the infirmary bathroom, practically lunging at the mirror and seemingly clawing at the skin around her eyes to make sure they weren't pitch black. Staring back at her were her normal icey eyes, though a bit dilated. She sighed in relief as she then felt damp all over. She looked down at herself to see her clothes were drenched in sweat. And then the wave of what happened finally hit her. She began to hold her head with a grimace on her face.

"What the hell. What the hell....what the hell...what the hell..."

Realizing the fear and panic she'd probably incite, she shut the bathroom door and locked it, before returning a calm tone and demeanor. "I'm okay. Promise. I.. I just uh, had a bad dream."

Bullshit. Dreams don't make people sweat profusely and feel like they lived through an apocalypse. Morri slides down the wall and wraps herself up in the fetal position, trying to process even more of what just happened. The girl was pulling all stops to keep it together. She whispered to herself. "What was that.. it was just a dream Morri. It's okay. Nurse Chambers said it's common in shock and trauma patients, but I'm not in shock. I'm fine. I am Morri Lillith Skopos. I will not be weakened by a dream or fear of a nightmare. Get it together girl..." She then takes a deep breath, before heading to the door, opening it to whomever awaited, at least Kat she knew for sure.

"Hi."

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Kurogane86

Mentions:
@OppositeInverse @Nim @Polaris North @InkaDinkaDoo @MelodicInferno @Kurogane86

Eyes snapping upwards, Kat felt it the moment it began. Although tired, her inability to sleep proved once more to be purposeful. Stuck for a moment Kat didn't know what was happening. The surge from Morri scared her, but it could only be a nightmare. Letting it go she returned to her anxiety filled crafts until she felt the cold in the room. But, before she could stand up to try and wake her friend Morri was up and Kat felt everything slam her at once.

Morri bolted across the infirmary faster than Kat could catch her. Running after her Kat felt her wounds rip the second she burst from her own bunk. The creatures she had made in the night suddenly burst as Kat's entire focus was shattered. Running into the door of the bathroom just as Morri closed it she bounced off and groaned. Putting her hands on the door Kat tried to open it. "Morri, please..." Kat said thinking of simply unlocking the door using magc.

But, she stopped in her tracks. Some things despite her want to hold Morri... were not to be crossed. Kat didn't have bounadries... but some people had some that they dont always talk about. Not wanting to burst in, she slid down with her back against the door. Not willing to move she began to bring the ripped pieces of cloth over to her. Bleeding, she wrapped herself up using her art before sitting there. She felt Morri's every emotion, she needed to understand and it was killing her internally.

Closing her eyes she focused towards Morri. Drifting from those around her it wasn't until the door suddenly opened that she fell backwards and stared up at Morri. "Hi." Kat said not wanting to press the woman. Standing up she quickly embraced the woman. "I wont press... Its okay." Kat said to her. "You aren't alone, there is no death, you are alive and I am real." the Amethyst eyed woman professed to Morri.

Squeezing her lightly Kat made sure the woman had every way to ground herself to reality that Kat could give her. Taking Morri's hands she brought them to Stardust. "I love you to, I wont let anything happen to you. I am so glad I stayed awake... So glad." Kat said not letting go. "You aren't going anywhere for awhile. Unless... you want to. You know I wont stop you. Just... I felt it... some of what you were so terrified of." Kissing her forehead Kat struggled internally but she held firm. "You wont ever have to worry, I swear on my family I will make sure you stay safe." Kat whispered to her before breaking away and putting her hands on Morri's shoulders.

"You don't need to worry alone. You know I will always worry with you. You don't need to tell me why, you dont need to tell me when, just know you aren't ever alone even in the darkest of places." Kat said thinking on her mother "My mother said that even in the darkest of times light is always present. My own family is the perfect example. We were all killed because of ideological differences... but look, here I am. Holding you, talking about how no matter how dark it may seem, light will show eventually. If I need to be that, I will shine brighter than Orion or the North Star." Kat finished. Emotionally spent she tried to give her a reassuring smile. "I mean that."

Kat felt exhausted, her mind was reeling and she finally let herself feel herself once more. Pain, fuck did that hurt... she hadn't moved and she went from crawl to run. She didn't know what the others would think. She hoped Thomas was here, she hope they all were here. She needed help... Morri needed more help that Kat could give her. She was to tired to keep up her facade. Tattered ribbons of cloth began their slow movement towards Kat. The beauty of her art was gone, only practical applications remained. She was hurt, she needed them more than she needed to be amused. "Im really tired." Kat said sliding down against one of the bathroom walls. "This just needs to fuck off so I can sleep." Kat continued on showing her disdain for the entire scenario for the first time.
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kurogane86
Felix J. Booker
Mentions: Erryone'

At Thomas' suggestion to sneak back in, Felix looked at him with something akin to pride, letting out a warm laugh. Clapping Thomas roughly on the back, he'd tousle his hair while grinning. "Looks like I'll finally have someone to talk to in detention before the night's up!" At the sound of footsteps his face quickly changed, displaying an innocent smile. "Sup, Ms.Chambers.", he'd say at her arrival, giving her a sheepish smile. It seemed it was time for them to go.

Shooting Kat and Morri a peace sign, he made his way out with the rest of everyone else as they were booted from the infirmary, all the while shooting kisses at the nurse. Outside the door, he looked to see DJ signalling them to hang back. Holding his hands behind his head, he stood by and listened as DJ laid out the plan -- sneak back here when Chambers was definitely asleep, and wait in the storage closet until everyone was together. Pretty simple.

After a short pause, Felix raised a brow as DJ turned to face them. After vowing to keep them safe, and calling himself the best duelist in the school, he let out a laugh dripping with sarcasm. "Haha . . . Best duelist . . . man where do you come up with this stuff."

With their plan made, and nothing else to say their impromptu huddle session was over. Leaving first, he waved to the others over his shoulder as he made his way back to Wampus tower. "Later nerds. See y'all tonight."

Some time later . . .

Felix lay in his bed, eyes staring up at the dimly lit ceiling, hearing the light snoring of just about everyone in the tower. Something in his gut told him it was time to go. Carefully getting out of bed, he pulled out his wand and aimed it at himself as he softly spoke out a charm, "Quietus Pedibus." Tapping his foot on the stone floor, he found his footsteps were muffled -- as he expected. With a grin he made his way out of the tower and into the halls of the school, keeping close to the walls as he carefully kept an eye out for any prowling teachers. When he reached the infirmary he found he was the first to arrive. Looking around for anyone else, he eyed the storage closet with contempt.

I could be waiting there a while before any of the others actually show up, especially if they chicken'd out or got caught . . .

He sighed, thinking of how boring the wait would be -- him sitting there, in the dark, with nothing but his own thoughts. "Yeah, bump that.", he muttered to himself before silently striding up to the infirmary door. He quietly turned the knob, taking a peek inside before sliding into the room to see a rather emotional scene between Kat and Morri. "I love you too, I wont let anything happen to you --"

He awkwardly shuffled his feet, unsure of what he'd just walked in on. Somehow managing to go unnoticed by the two, he struggled to find the right words to say in that situation, his brain seemingly malfunctioning. "Uhhhh . . . heyyyy . . . guyssss." He coughed softly into his hand, looking anywhere but at their faces as the scene began to replay itself in his head. He felt the corners of his mouth begin to perk up as he struggled to not say the most immature thing on his mind and ruin what was probably a very emotional moment for them both -- needless to say he failed.

"So uh, you guys kiss often? Or is that just like a thing friends do?"
His shoulders jerked slightly as he fought back laughter, snickering as he spoke. "I - I'm just asking. Cus' I don't really kiss my best friend -- I mean I don't even have a best friend or any friends really. But if I did, I guess maybe it'd be totally alright to kiss them, right? Is that weird?" Aware that he was rambling, and probably being just a little bit rude he bit his lip to stop the flow of words that would have continued to pour out.

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider

Mentions: @Kurogane86 @OppositeInverse @MelodicInferno @Angelic Fusion @InkaDinkaDoo

It was understandable that Morri was surprised that he, of everyone in there, suggest to sneak in. Even Thomas was surprised by what he felt right now, but he knew that it was right. He knew that maybe it was just his emotions clouding his better judgement of following the rules, and sometimes it had landed him in trouble, but he knows that he would still follow it anyway. That was just how it works. How he works. Kat told Morri that Thomas wouldn't have felt any other way than this - and she was right. When it came to emotions, she always was. Or at least, she got it right most of the time. "For a friend..." He then gave them both a weak smile. "Anything."

The Nurse came around and told them that they should go. Thomas nodded at her before looking back at the two girls. "First thing in the morning." He confirmed. He then left with the others. He then stayed to listen as DJ explained that they should meet up there. He couldn't help but smile when Felix joked about DJ's apparent arrogance. However, he did hide it under his hand and faked a cough.

Thomas nodded and the left with Ales and walked back to the Pukwudgie dorm. "See you later Ales. I think I know how to slip by undetected." He knew that he should probably get going with her. He then headed into his room. He bid his roommates goodnight and then covered himself up.

[Later]
Thomas rose up from his bed and looked around. His roommates were dead asleep. Getting out of bed, he silently opened his trunk and then whipped out a cloak. It was no Cloak of Invisibility, but he tried his absolute best to actually make something invisible. Thomas spent a good time of his summer knitting this, and then charming it with every stroke. Slinging it over his shoulder, he then sneaked out of his room and towards the Commons. Once Ales arrived, he raised the cloak and gave her a meek smile. He wasn't as good with Charms as he is with Transfiguration, but it should help.

He then wrapped the both of them under the cloak and then started to leave. True, the prefects were here and there but they managed to slip by without a problem. Thomas did his best to avoid teachers, because they had sharper eyes than the student prefects. He arrived at the infirmary after Felix and just in time to hear his awkward reaction to the both of them. He took off the cloak so that the others could see them. There was a light blush on his face because of Felix's reaction to the emotional scene before them.

"I... don't think..." Thomas started, stumbling over his words and found himself too embarrassed for Felix to even try to say what he wanted to say. Oh man, he didn't like second hand embarrassment. It was one of thing if he did it on himself, but when it's someone else, he found it more difficult to reign in. Thomas scratched his cheek, looking away from the guy. He then began wiping his hands on the side of his pants. "Um... Felix..." He then tapped his shoulder but then felt a hitch on his throat so he just shook his head slightly to try and convey the fact that maybe it wasn't like that. Maybe it was. But. Still.

After that, he looked over at Kat and Morri. Thomas doesn't know how to approach any of that. Had it been any other people, anyone other than these two who were so close that you would think they'd known each other all their life, he would probably be able to say something to console them. But he was at loss for words - not out of nervousness or the embarrassment that overcame him earlier - but because he didn't know what to say to Morri. It was just a repeat of earlier, when he was taking care of the both of them. But, upon seeing Kat's injuries open, he let out a sigh as he approached the two of them slowly. He hated to ruin a moment like that, but he couldn't leave those wounds alone.

"I'm sorry, but may I?" He asked, letting the distance between him and the two women. He knew better than to overstep boundaries. Once he received their permission, he took out his wand and then went on to remove the bandages and applied new bandages over her wounds. As soon as he finished, he scurried back to the others.

He wondered what exactly Morri went through. She looked panicked and dazed. Was it a nightmare? Was it... something like what Ria went through? He felt his heart clench at the thought and worry flood him. He wanted to ask. Really, he did. But that would be beyond insensitive would't it be? So he stayed silent, hoping that someone else would be brave enough to say anything.
[/hr]

Ales Ross
Direct Interactions: Thomas ( @Polaris North )

-x-
She had a small smile even through Morri trying to talk them out of coming back to the Infirmary and DJ's big talk, something she was coming to realize was common with him. (How did Radley even manage to deal with him in the common room all the time?) Her decision had been made; there was no going back. For her, at least. Ales blinked in surprise at Thomas' words, then grinned and gave him an encouraging nudge for daring to break the rules. At that moment, Nurse Chambers bustled in and shooed the group away. She went without a complaint, already planning the best way for her to return later.

Although reluctant to delay her return to the common room, Ales stayed behind to hear DJ's words. There wasn't really a true plan that he spoke, only an outline, and claiming to be the best duelist? She knew she wasn't the greatest duelist, but still. Those were bold words that she hoped he wouldn't have to back up any time soon. Even Felix made a joke about his claim. Oh well, not her problem right now. She and Thomas both made their way back to the Pukwudgie common room. "See you, Thomas!" She waved a quick goodbye and retreated to her dorm.

-x-
It was beyond easy to sneak out of her dorm room. Half the girls snored and the other half (including herself) had strong charms around their beds to prevent the snores from disturbing them. She slipped into a clean uniform and shoes. A silencing charm was quickly applied to the shoes after she started walking and noticed the sound. Thankfully, Thomas was waiting for her in the common room with something that was similar to an Invisibility Cloak. Ales joined him under it and applied the charm to his shoes, the two of them slipping past Monitors with relative ease.

Unfortunately, they seemed to arrive at the Infirmary in the middle of a rather... emotionally charged scene, awkwardly interrupted by Felix and then Thomas' attempts to convey something. Ales smothered a laugh into her hand at how neither boy seemed to know how to respond to the situation. She grew serious when the looks on Morri and Kat's faces and the blood from Kat's wounds registered. "What happened?" she asked, cautiously joining Thomas by the two.

Daniel "DJ" Johnson

The group parted ways and went to their rooms. DJ was sure to not give anything away. He entered the common roon and started talking the younger years up about how great of a duelist he was. Eventually it was time for bed, DJ was first to bed. The others continue to talk while in bed, gossiping about what's happening around the school and what happened to Ria. "That's enough go to bed." Said the stern prefect.

Later

Everyone was fast asleep. The boys room was full of those that snored so walking through it was like walking through a bear den. DJ walked over to where Felix slept only to see he was already gone. "Couldn't wait for me huh?" He whispered. DJ got his clothes and went down stairs where he crept out the door and into the hall way.

Once DJ was in the hallway he took care to avoid everyone, including magical portraits, teachers, the night watchmen, Everyone. He finally arrived at the empty classroom that they had agreed upon before hand. He waited for the others to show up but 5 mins, then 10. He got frustrated then heared a muffled skirmish sound coming from the hall. He drew his wand and opened the door slightly. He saw the others run past him and straight into the sick bay.

"What's the use of making a plan if no one's gonna stick to it?" He said annoyed. He followed them only to find the girls crying on the floor, Thomas applying first aid, and the rest looking on in concern. DJ jumped into action, he drew his wand and looked around the room. "Lumos" He searched the entire room but didn't see anything. He looked at the window, he figured someone might be able to get in from there. As he reached for the handle a cold shiver ran down his spine, he gripped the handle, wand at the ready.

He pushed open the window to see nothing. Just the night sky, and a cold breeze. DJ shut the window and returned to the group. "nox" the light went out. "What happened?" He asked. "Did someone attack you?"

-> @Angelic Fusion @Polaris North @Kurogane86 @InkaDinkaDoo @MelodicInferno

[fieldbox=Morri ‘Lil’ Skopos, gray, dashed, 10"]

Morri's state seemed to have faltered under the company of Kat, and slowly realizing via gradual awareness that the Rat Pack of wizards and witches has actually came back to her honor. Why? She'd never truly know other than the superficial layer of a sense of duty and loyalty from the teens. She was by all means grateful, yet something within her purred at a greater emotion. In that moment Morri wondered if Ria felt the same tug. She could feel the thick and heavy air of anxiety and worry in the room. Morri was in another dimension of thought, but with Kat bringing her hands to Stardust, she began to regain some semblance of cognizance. Morri blinked back into reality, only when Katalina's lips met Morri's forehead did her pupils condense back to focus, slightly shaking her head to the gesture. Her mild fear and contemplation was now replaced by curiosity and skepticism. Morri had spent countless summers with Kat, she knew the Duchess and her Russian ways were relatively more diverse in cultural activity. That added to the fact that Kat was a deep empath made it clear why Kat offered a sweet gesture. It was what she interpreted as a need for Morri in the moment. But having her hands on Stardust, she could also feel the cord of vibration to Kat's source of emotional power. There was something else there. Morri could see the fatigue on Kat, but her words stuck with her as she only reassured Morri on her thinking of Katalina's motives. How she will always be the star, to shine bright to those that need it. Even after the past few days... through emotional and psychological trauma... Kat still kept her faith. It was inspiring.

"Even in the darkest of times light is always present...." Morri couldn't help but repeat it. It stuck, it had weight to it. Kat slides down the wall as her bandages rip yet A-FUCKING-GAIN, making the once distraught Morri now a bit more pestered that no one has gotten any rest. This was getting to be ridiculous. Morri almost seemed to switch like a robot, as she went from taken by surprise, to an adamant amazon warrior. Her ice eyes lock onto Kat. "I'm fine, thank you. It's time to sleep. This oppressive and wallowing shit stops tonight."

Morri then hears the witty banter of Books, rambling on to make a totally girl bestie moment into something completely different and awkward. But in that moment Felix had done something Morri hasn't done all day. Along with Ales, After Books bites his lip, Morri's lips curl into a nice, genuine smile. A chuckle releases after as she shrugs to his thinking, almost as if to ward the dark nightmare and mood that seemed to grip the infirmary. She kept replaying it over and over. Who was that figure? So much fire and destruction. Thomas tended to Kat's wounds, Morri seeing the worried look on his face. She nodded to him in an indifferent yet warm manner. She was trying to get her shit together. The left side of her brain starts to ring as she hold her head, the headache starting to resonate clearly. Ales asks what happened as Captain Ilvermorny aka DJ scours the infirmary ready to fight off the non-existent and dark imaginary oppressor. But, if Morri was being honest, DJ's chivalry and protectiveness made her feel a bit warmer. She'd never tell his egotistical ass that, but still. He checks the room, moving to the window and opening it with a nervous reflex, probably thinking about the fact that Thunderbird tower also looked out the window in fear nights ago. His light blankets the dark room until he relinquishes it, a frantic demeanor pacing up to Morri.

"Guys..." She was about to say she was fine. Like she always does. Everyone respects and knows Morri to be some strong and perhaps intimidating girl, but she felt like it was because she was so aloof and mysterious, she always had people wanting more. That made them come closer to Morri. Like the Serpent she is. But now, she couldn't be cold. She was already emotionally frigid. As soon as the word fine would leave her lips her friends would immediately call bullshit. She knew, they knew, especially Kat. Not even as an empath, as the only soul in the school that knows past the layer Morri shows to everyone else. She's already past that wall. Morri says something she's never said in her 6 years at Ilvermorny.

"Guys... I'm fi-- ....I'm scared."

Her bare feet drag against the smooth stone floor, as she plops back on her bed silent but stoic. Almost like she's wearing the fear like armor.

"I think I just had a nightmare. That's all. Before you say anything, I know. Nightmares don't usually cause hyper-perspiration or somniac episodes. But think about what we've seen... Ria.... it was probably just my subconscious' way of vividly ...and very explicitly coping with her death. You know? Look, don't worry about me and I mean that in the utmost non-stubborn sense. Katty, you deserve rest. Hear me? YOU took the fall literally for trying to save Ria's life... if anything I need to be taking care of you. So relax. And as much as I was against you guys coming back, I'm glad you did. Thank you."

She finally relents and leans back into her sheets. "And cherish this moment. I don't open up like this to everyone. Nurse Chambers will be here first thing in the morning...well it is morning but she'll be here in some hours. You guys better have your stories straight. Because officially... Kat and I slept through the night. When the prefects and teachers do their rounds to here, you won't be able to smooth talk." Morri sees that Thomas came with some sort of invisibility apparatus, nodding her head at it. "I don't know how many people can fit in that thing, but you might want to have it on standby."

She wanted to help them develop a story or a plan to remain hidden through the night from prefects and teachers, because she knew from the worry on their faces they weren't going to leave. But, the dread of the day started to kick in. Morri's eyes start to get heavy, all her friends in the infirmary with her. She wondered where Clare was as well, probably looking up anything to do with Ria or what could've attacked the Thunderbird Tower no doubt. Morri's voice gets raspy and groggy as she delegates final assignments to her... I guess she could finally say they were real friends. After what they went through and seen together, they're bonded for life regardless. "Thomas, could you and Ales please look after Kat and her bandages? If she attempts to get up again Ales make like a tranquilizer potion from thin air or something..." She was starting to talk insensible, the fatigue taking her mind over. Or maybe it was something else. She didn't care anymore. "Booksss.. could you look out for patrolling prefects orrr teachers? If Sasha catches you guys she'll gladly throw you under the bus for a nickel and a Ryan Gosling posterrrrr."

And then, she finally looks at DJ, her somewhat sleepy and slurred words momentarily vanish as she speaks clear and direct. She looks right into DJ's eyes. "Danny, just... I want you to know it's okay to be vulnerable. Even Clark Kent needed Jimmy Olsen to remind him he's entitled to be human for once." And almost instantly, Morri under the influence of sleep deprivation and the potion made by Nurse Chambers went right back to sluggish words and a calm somewhat loony demeanor that no one had ever really seen on Morri. "Hah, except I'm nahwt yurr Jimmy Olsen... I'm Sleepie Olsen. Ar Dieyannah, hah...Lowess..."

She was out like a light. This time no nightmares, but the all surrounding void was still there. NEWT reviews were coming up, and energy was going to mean everything as the school would have to balance mid-terms along with the presence of MACUSA on campus. Imagine the strain of that, now add the fact you just seen a beloved student drop from the highest point in Massachusetts and die to the resume. To have only stress would be more like ice cream at this point.

Among the night sky over the school and Mt. Greylock, the sky almost seemed... transcending among the darkness. To all who would look, would surely feel a twinge of feeling. Like they were looking at something else other than the sky.

[/fieldbox]

Mentions:
@OppositeInverse @Polaris North @InkaDinkaDoo @MelodicInferno @Kurogane86

Looking up at Morri Kat couldn't help but smile. Despite all her fear and anxiety, she still stood adamantly against that overpowering might of fear and dread. "As for what happened.." Azalia spoke her voice heavy with exhaustion "Im accident prone." She spoke with it being a half truth. She hadn't intended to re-open her wounds but ended up doing so anyway. Luckily, Thomas came to her aid. Nodding to him he came closer and she let him move her around as she needed. The weight of her mind seemed to heavy to move, yet she found herself standing. Taking her time she got to her feet and nearly stumbled back to the ground. "Wow, I feel like I have a sack of bricks attached to every point of my body." she grumbled out balancing herself against a wall.

"Its okay to be scared." Kat said again as Morri spoke. Everyone experienced fear, but despite the overwhelming feeling, she still stood. Moving past Morri she gave her a small nudge "You may be scared... we all may be scared but look where we are all standing. Still here despite it all. So, are we scared.. I am, but I always am... it makes me who I am... human." Kat spoke tapping the side of her head. Soon though it was replaced by a sharp feeling of pain. She needed to stop moving, despite everything she finally found herself coming to the conclusion she bet her friends wished she did earlier, she needed to rest.

Sliding onto the edge of her bed she didn't lay down yet. She watched the others intently, they came despite the possibility of... literally anything. "Im not moving until morning, I promise." Kat said to them all, but tried to reassure Morri that she wouldn't. Sadly, she wasn't sure how much sleep she would get. However, the second she let her head hit the pillow she felt her body relinquish almost all sense of reality. Her mind swam like she was cast into the ocean, yet instead of being terrified of open water she embraced the warmth. She felt everyone's apprehension, but soon even that began to dissipate.

Before Morri had even asked for them to watch over her, she had begun to fall asleep. Curling up on her bed she began to wrap herself in her blankets. Before long her movements ceased and she blocked out all external stimulation. Focusing inward, she was far to tired to begin freaking out as she expected. Exhaustion claimed her and she passed out entirely. Despite that, she felt her mind begin to change, dreams switching from blank canvas to the tree she found herself replaying what had occured. Despite the feeling of dread she was stuck asleep, her body to tired to wake herself from the nightmare.

The following morning was going to be interesting no matter what occurs that night. Questions would come... they would come for her she knew this but wished they wouldn't. What questions would they ask? Would they blame her for what happened..? Would they seek a scapegoat or tackle the problem head on? What did her parents think about all this? Did they even know what happened to her. It didn't matter, the answers would come in the morning as everything new always did. [/fieldbox]​

Danny "DJ" Johnson

DJ stood watch by the door as Morri continued to assure them all that she was fine. They all knew her to be a rough and tumble kind of girl but this was different, she was clearly shaken, her eyes were puffy from crying and she was shivering. DJ said nothing knowing that if she needed to put up that façade that he should let her, this wasn't the time to call his friend out. He smiled when she finally said that she was scarred. "That's what were here for Kid. You'll be able to sleep soundly knowing this group is watching over you two." he looked over at Kat giving her a wink letting her know she was included.

When Morri tried to explain what was happening DJ could remember the feeling he had when him and Thomas went to Ria's old room. It was that suffocating feeling, he wondered if that was what she was feeling. He listened to her trying to explain this whole thing rationally but the more events happened the more this thing didn't seem normal at all and considering broom races and magic was their idea was normal that's saying something. DJ heard Kat announce how exhausted she was and tell Morri it was fine to be scarred that's what makes us human. "True Kat. hopefully the nightmares are done for now. so you two should go to bed and let us deal with being lookouts.

As Morri fought her sleep she started listing off orders for everyone. DJ smiled as she did, "even after all this she can still boss us around" He said nudging Brooks. Before she passed out she told DJ that it was fine to be vulnerable, and made a superman reference. He chuckled then walked over to his sleepy friend, he moved her hair from her face and helped pull the covers up. "yeah, that's why i'm a Batman fan Alfred never said anything weird like that. and yes you are my Alfred. now go to sleep you're starting to talk nonsense." With that both Morri and Kat were out.

DJ turned to the others. "We need to keep an eye on them. I can't imagine what they are going through but they need us now. so lets go ahead and get this place locked down." He looked at Thomas and Ales and nodded at them as if signifying that they continue to work on Kat's wounds. "Brooks I need you to watch the door and peer out every once in a while to keep look out." he took in a deep breath as he looked at the window, he suddenly got a lump in his throat. "i'll...i'll watch the window. Whatever this is seems to like coming in from windows." He gripped his wand tightly as he walked over to the window. It was like he was walking into the darkness, he felt his legs getting heavier as he made his way to the window. "Lumos" his wand lit up, he checked the window to make sure it was locked and took up a position right in front of the window. "Ok, i'm ready." He said as he raised his wand, "Nox" plunging his side of the room in complete darkness.

• Love

Thomas was unsure how many times he had to reapply a healing charm and these bandages. As Kat said, she was quite 'accident prone', but this was going beyond expectations. But, oh well, she was mostly doing it because of her friend - because she was worried. He can't fault her for that. No one can. Though he could see that Morri was getting exasperated by this development as Kat injured herself once more because of the circumstances. A small smile crept its way to his face. They cared for each other so much, it was sweet. He then turned to Kat and then said, "Well, yeah, I hope you at least try not to open those wounds again and again." He wasn't fond of reprimanding people, but he felt like he needed to say something now.

He then looked at Morri as she opened up to them. That she admitted that she was scared, but told them not to worry as it was only a nightmare. After what had happened, Thomas understood that nightmares would become prevalent among those who were there to see Ria's death. Thomas was pretty much afraid of what would transpire in his mind if he fell asleep. Thomas gave her an encouraging smile, but Kat and DJ said everything that needed to be said. He then said, "I wake up very early. The staff knows that, since I spend most of it in the kitchen." He first said. "They did say first thing in the morning, as you said, it's technically that time. I can just say that after I woke up, I bumped into Ales and convinced her to accompany me to the infirmary to see if you two needed anything." Thomas at least had some reason to be up earlier than Nurse Chambers. Even the staff knew that. Thomas was a very... restless soul after all. He then looked at DJ and Felix. "I can cover for Ales, but not you guys." He admitted. He would definitely need the help of a Potions expert like Ales, but why would he drag people from the Dueling Club from another House for an infirmary visit?

Morri and Kat headed for their beds and the former started to give them orders. He nodded at Morri and then turned to Kat when she said that she wasn't going to move until morning. Kat fell asleep pretty easily and Morri's speech was getting more and more slurred until she finished and then promptly embraced sleep. DJ then repeated the orders, looking both at him and Ales to continue to work on Kat's wounds. "As long as she doesn't move, she'll be fine." He reassured DJ. Nurse Chambers already made her drink some potions for her wounds, added on top of healing spells and proper first aid. She should be up and going by tomorrow.

Thomas then sat down on one of the chairs where he could watch both Kat and Morri just in case they woke up from another nightmare. There was NEWTs review tomorrow wasn't there? Hm, well, he's not too worried. He could work around tomorrow with minimal amount of sleep. Taking naps here and there wasn't something that was too out of the ordinary after all. Besides, his body refused to go to sleep in fear of the nightmares as well.

Well, coffee would get him through the day. Maybe three cups should do it.
[/hr]

Last edited:
Ales Ross
Direct Interactions: Morri ( @OppositeInverse ), DJ ( @Kurogane86 ), Thomas ( @Polaris North ), Felix ( @InkaDinkaDoo )

-x-
DJ seemed to be the last to arrive with no sign of Clare joining them. He searched the room before looking out the window. Ales watched him with worry before her gaze snapped back to Morri at her admission. The mention of a nightmare made her grow cold, standing up straighter and throwing anxious glances around herself. Most Infirmary or hospital-grade potions had a trace of Dreamless Sleep in them so that the patient wouldn't wake up as bones regrew or memories assaulted them. Thinking back, she couldn't remember Nurse Chambers listing any ingredients commonly found in Dreamless Sleep... Still, after all that had happened, they should have been given something. None of what they were given would have reacted with a bit of the potion. Nightmares had to have been expected, and a nightmare as strong as that, after everything that's happened in the school, made her worry.

She tuned back in to the conversation around her when Morri asked her and Thomas to look over Kat. "Maybe not out of thin air," she said, amused, "but I'll see what I can do if it comes to that." Though it looks like it won't come to that, Ales thought. Kat was already dead to the world, deep in her sleep. At least the potion that the girls had taken seemed to be taking hold. Morri's voice trailed off and slurred even as she stubbornly kept talking.

DJ once again took the chance to try to lead them, nodding to herself and Thomas before asking Felix to watch the door. Thomas moved to take a chair to act as a guard, but Ales moved to join DJ at the window. She looked up at the moon, fighting a shiver at how dark it was, especially the clouds that drifted in and out of view. Retreating, she started to pace. "By tomorrow, I expect we'll be missing a few students," she said quietly. "I can guarantee at least one person has told their parents all of what's happened. From there, several parents will know. If the papers don't mention it I wouldn't be surprised. No Headmaster wants something like this to reach the general public." Her pacing stopped as she turned to face the others, eyes shining as she found herself unable to keep her mind off of the past few days. "I don't want anyone else to die, or get hurt."

Ales sat down at Thomas' feet, leaning against his legs. She wasn't really friends with anyone else in the room. Honestly, she would have backed out of this and acted like nothing was happening if Thomas wasn't here as well. "Morri's not the only one who's scared," she whispered. She crossed her legs and leaned forward, resting her elbows on her legs and burying her face in her hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( My promotion hours are fixed now so I'm back for time!!! That first orientation week was brutal sorriezzz

had to re read the posts to get back into the feel and tone of things haha))

Kat @Angelic Fusion
DJ @Kurogane86
Books @InkaDinkaDoo
Thomas @Polaris North
Ales @MelodicInferno

"Morri....."

Morri's ice blue eyes snap open, as a rush of sunlight burrows into her retina. She propels herself upward and feels a zest of energy in her, Nurse Chambers' potion must've done something, coupled with Ales' expertise. She wipes her eyes, her sheets coming off her to reveal a slight breeze to her bare arms and feet. She stretches and sees all of her company still among her. They'd all made it through the night. She looks over to Kat, who was still in the same sleeping position she was in when she laid down. She'd kept her promise. Morri smiles a bit. The smile that fades as she remembers her dream... nightmare... reality? It was so vivid and just... so real. Morri Skopos was back. The stoic, heroic, and willful female stood from her bed almost like a beacon, and uttered some powerful words that would set the tone for the future.

"I'm hungry. I want food."

Nurse Chambers then enters with some freshly cleaned and pressed Horned Serpent robes, delivering one by Morri's bedside, and another by Kat's. She almost glares at Morri, as if she knew some fuckery happened the night before that went against protocol, but yet and still she remained vigilant looking at the young student. She then smiles and pours her some nice warm tea, and then doing the same for Katalina. "How'd you girls sleep? And get your robes on, time to get back to it." Morri nods slightly before replying a soft and brittle response. "Good, and okay." Morri slips on her robes, sort of losing the attention of her surroundings. She wasn't sure who among them was still with her. But other than Kat, she could honestly say maybe Thomas was her other friend. But after last night, seeing all of them forge together for emotional and magical sanctity, Morri would have an unspoken respect for them, she would officially claim them as friends. She heads to the bathroom and equips her robes (far left), almost like Clark Kent donning his costume. She looks in the mirror again, checking her eyes this time as she did before. Those horrible all black eyes plagued her mind like an infectious disease. She walks out, adjusting the tights under her skirt and buttoning up her vest. She looks outside the infirmary to see the normal bustle of student life scouring the halls. Things were getting back to normal. Waves of students and faces looked inside the infirmary at the recovered witnesses.

Chambers: "It's not about putting it behind you, it's about carrying it with you without it weighing you down."

Nurse Chambers then gives a respectful nod to Morri, clearly seeing the mild concern on her face. "Now all of you get out of my infirmary, and I pray to God you don't have to come back for the rest of your days here." Morri walks over to Kat's bed, nodding to Thomas and Ales as she stares into her best friend's eyes. She also peers down at Stardust, and decides to let the girl keep it throughout the day. "Ready?" She says in a confident yet open ended manner. She then turns to the rest of the lot, and almost as if she had to muster every ounce of strength to breach past her wall of seclusion, she finally manages to push out the three little words. "Thank you guys." She then grabs her wand and pockets it by her side, making her way out into the flood of crowd around her.

A horn could be heard, as students from all around stopped to gain its source of production. It came from the pass leading up to the summit of Mt. Greylock where Ilvermorny resided. Students in the vicinity stopped to look at the scene as Headmaster Fontaine stands alone in the middle of the pass, looking forward out into the pastures of Massachusetts below. Until that view begin to fluctuate and become shrouded by bending of time and space. Apparition, a very powerful user. The space unravels as a sharp snap can be heard and the sudden appearance of a woman stands in front of Fontaine. She was tall, laden with physical tone and prominent features. She and Fontaine exchanged looks for a brief second. Rapid snaps follow as men in formal suits accompanied the woman. MACUSA had arrived to Ilvermorny. The woman stares at Fontaine for a second, and then walks up to his face, before placing a hand on his shoulder and wrapping him in a huge hug.

ChastityWilkinson.jpg

Woman: "Agilbert... come here you. As soon as I heard I absolutely had to take this assignment. How you holding up old man?"

The woman was Chasity Wilkinson, the descendant of Charity Wilkinson, a powerful American witch in the Salem days and one of the two survivors of the original twelve Aurors in the country, and was also the third President of the Magical Congress of the United States of America. Obviously the connection can be made to Theodard Fontaine, The Headmaster's foretather who was the other original survivor of the original twelve. Their families have been loyal companions since the days of magic in America to begin with. It was no different here. Not only did The Fontaine's and Wilkinson's have history of companionship, Agilbert personally trained and taught Chastity herself when she was but a wee lass in school. More of a daughter to him than anything. Her potency as a witch even at that time rivaled Agilbert's, causing her the great reputation she has today in the wizard community. If Chastity Wilkinson was involved, you'd best believe the case was as good as solved. That was actually a rhyme etched in the walls of MACUSA's headquarters in New York. Students begin to clamor and gawk at the sight, the equivalent of No-Maj's being star struck when seeing a celebrity in person. They were going to lead an investigation into Ria's death, all Morri cared about looking at the woman was that justice was a step closer to being served.

And that whatever is happening to Ilvermorny, will be stopped.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
Mentions:
@OppositeInverse @Polaris North @InkaDinkaDoo @MelodicInferno @Kurogane86

Having slept Katalina was woken up by the noise of movement in the infirmary. Rubbing her eyes she tried to get her bearing set as to where she was. While appearing to sleep soundly she was plagued with recurring thoughts on what had occured not long ago. Deciding that while time to get up, she didn't want to. Turning over in her bed she grumbled and put a pillow on her face. If there was one time you'd have to deal with a grumpy Kat, it was first thing in the morning. Finally turning once more she pulled the pillow off her face and let out a groan.

"Im tired."

Responding to Morri's comment in her own way she showed that she was in fact going to be rather difficult. But, after everything she believed that she had earned the right to be difficult. Hearing the nurses voice she looked over as she rubbed her eyes again. Keeping them closed she was having a hard time adjusting to the light of the room. "I feel like I was pounced on by a wampus." Kat chided out. Drinking some of the tea it definitely helped to get her moving at least somewhat faster. Finally sitting up somewhat she showed that she was at least trying to get moving.

Shuffling and the noise of Morri got her attention. Watching her come out of the bathroom she thought about going in next but decided to watch her. Smiling she smirked at her but decided she wasn't ready to move yet. Luckily, there was one person who could make that decision invalid and inject their own into her. Watching Morri approached and lean over her Kat stared back. Searching Morri's eyes she couldn't bring herself to say anything. When asked if she was ready Kat could only nod slightly. Getting up and embracing Morri quickly Kat felt energized. The woman had a way with her, and her with Morri.

Grabbing her robes off the table she walked into the bathroom and got changed. Taking a long look at herself she looked slightly tired. Taking a deep breath she held Stardust in her hand for a moment before watching it in the mirror. They were so alike, it was startling. Letting go she realized she was starting to daydream. Slipping out of the bathroom she wasn't one for long capes, which was lucky as it would have caught and ripped off her.

Walking past Morri she turned around and began to walk backwards. "Now I need to ask if you are ready." Kat spoke before turning with them and walking out. The morning was already going well. Looking over at Morri she nudged the woman. "Someone's coming." She spoke "The nurse was excited... and concerned. Not in a bad way. Like anticipation, oh the joy of anticipation. You look nice by the way." Kat chided out. Having slept at least decent enough she seemed full of energy, perhaps a bit much. While Morri was used to her hyperactive bouts, she wasn't sure how well the others would take it. At this point she was all go and little wait. But, perhaps that is what they needed. [/fieldbox]​

DJ

DJ continued to watch the window as everyone took their positions. He stood there wand drawn ready for anything to show up, he repeated the spell in his mind ready to send it flying as soon as it was needed. Ales joined him for a few mins but she must have scarred herself since she took off a few moments later. She started to pace back and forth whispering to herself, then she proclaimed to everyone that she didn't want anyone to die. Dj Spoke his eyes still on the window. "no one's dying. we'll watch out for these two tonight and then from now on we'll keep an eye on eachother. Nothing can mess with us if we combine our strength." DJ hoped that helped even though he didn't take his eyes off of the window to check. Everyone else seemed to settle into their roles for the night.

Dj watched the window and every now and again he would feel a shiver run up and down his spine. he kept thinking of something bursting through the window and he would have to blow it away, or get devoured by it. He would shake off his doubt and face the window, waiting, waiting for something to happen. He would recall that feeling from the room, the darkness. It was overwhelming as if he was being held underwater. He moved around trying to keep himself awake looking at the clock on the wall wishing it would hurry up and hit 6am already.

As soon as daylight hit, Adam was hit with a rush of relief. He dropped his arm and put his wand away. he face the other wizards in training and spoke. "OK, we need to get back to our dorms like now, Nurse Chambers will be up soon. Once you get some sleep and cleaned up lets all meet back here. It would be better for these two to wake up to our gorgeous faces instead of that grumpy nurses." With That Adam excused himself and headed to the door his eyes felt heavy and he just really wanted to go to sleep, he turned back to check up on the girls and noticed how peaceful they looked. "yeah it was worth it."

DJ made it back to his dorm room and into his bed. he fell asleep almost immediately and had a dream about being stuck in a window. He woke up later by the shaking of the prefects. "come on Johnson get up already." DJ glared at him and then remembered he couldn't say anything about last night. "fine, i'm up damn it." He quickly showered and got dressed. He went down stairs to grab a quick bite to eat and headed straight to the infirmary. He walked in to see the nurse handing out clothes. "oh, looks like I made it just in time." Nurse chambers shot him a harsh look then ushered Morri to the changing room. Dj walked over to free seat near Kat and smiled. "so you snore. just thought I should tell you." he said jokingly trying to lift the mood of the room.

A while later there was a big scene outside as a special guest arrived. DJ looked on with the group and wondered if she would be enough to handle whatever the darkness was. She looked strong, she had a feeling to her like she didn't fear anything. She reminded him of him in a way, his hand slightly hovered over his wand as a smile crept across his face. "I wonder if she would accept a duel challenge from me." he said to anyone that was close enough to hear him.

Thomas looked at Ales as she leaned against his legs. Placing a hand on top of his friend's head and patted it as he usually does, he crouched down so that he was closer and could whisper back. He removed his hand from the top of her head and opened his mouth to speak. There was a sudden hitch in his voice, before he could answer. He knew that breaking down this momentary facade - this one time that his brain decided that being the Mom Friend was more important than being a blubbering idiot - would result to him breaking down. But it was alright. "I know." He said and closed his eyes, a few tears falling down and he quickly wiped it away.. "I'm scared too." He continued - and his voice was shaking. He was shaking. But he had a duty right now.

The night passed without event. Thomas had his eyes on Kat and Morri the whole time - unlike the others who were actually watching the outside like hawks just in case something comes... or more realistically, someone. If they were caught... well, he just couldn't think about it and he'd rather not to. As the hours ticked by, he slid off the chair and then sat himself beside Ales and letting her lean on him. He felt a bit better to feel someone physically relying on him. It had a sort of calming effect on him that even Ales's potion wouldn't give him. There were some minutes that he fell asleep because of tiredness and the lack of activity. Those minutes felt like forever as the dream recounted everything that had happened - and more. It wasn't a premonition - but a past long forgotten. Whispers of his uselessness coming back to him, eating away at the strong resolve he had built up for reality.

Thomas had woken up with a jolt, evidenced by his body stiffening. He hoped no one was looking as he took in a deep breath. He was back in the present. He was a student in Ilvermorny, and he was not useless... right? Letting out a ragged breath, he buried his face in his hands for a moment to get himself back and then looked back at the two he was supposed to be looking after. At least he wasn't feeling sleepy anymore. He wasn't even sure what it would feel like if he were to sleep again. Thomas was not keen on finding out. However, he did instinctively move closer to Ales, as he tried to find comfort in the presence of his small friend.

As sunlight broke through the blinds, DJ told them that it was time they head back to the dorms. "Yeah, okay." He said, having recovered from the shock from earlier. Helping Ales up, he looked at them with a smile on his face. "At least nothing happened huh?" He then bid them farewell and then headed back to the Pukwudgie dorm with Ales. Instead of heading back into his room, he stayed at the Common Room and then practically flops onto one of the many sofas littered throughout. He had brought his own little cloak of invisibility with him when they snuck in. He looked at Ales and then waved at her. "I'm gonna take a nap here. I won't take... long. See you tomorrow morning 'Les." He said drowsily, while bringing his face up from the sofa and then slammed it back. "Gff Nigh." He said through the pillow that was now muffling his voice.

The nap had been nice - free from the nightmares that plagued him earlier. The infirmary seemed to give him bad memories. Well, he wouldn't doubt it. Wake time came all too quickly as he felt someone poke his side - a second year who seemed to have woken up just too early. She smiled at him, glad that he woke up quickly and that she was able to help. Thomas played with her for a while by showing her some basic magic spells that doesn't harm anyone. She marveled at it and asked if he could teach her. Thomas told her that he could if she joins the Transfiguration Club once she was older. The two bonded for the minutes they were together and Thomas figured that he should go back, but was sure to clean himself up first. Though most of it was just because he was waiting for Ales to come down.

When she came, he would depart towards the Infimrary to see DJ there along with Nurse Chambers. He bounded up to her and noticed her holding a tray of breakfast. "Aw, I wanted to cook something for them." He said with a small pout. Peeking in, he waved at Morri and Kat. "Glad to see you two are up." Thomas was relieved that the two of them seemed more normal. Well, he was still more than happy to listen to them if they wanted to. They should know that by now. But he didn't seem to have any need there anymore so he left.

After a while, they had a little visitor in the form of the MACUSA member Chasity Wilkinson. She's heard of her, and he was pretty much amazed by her. But there was nothing much to do about that. He did wonder what they would do to investigate. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to interrogate him. It was one thing to talk with students he at least sees everyday, adult investigators were another thing entirely. He didn't want to clam up and get all suspicious just because he can't get over this kind of... anxiety.
[/hr]

• Love