I'm fucked

D

daird

Original poster
During a job search, I got a piece of advice: do a google search on yourself. Well, I did, and to my shock and horror, the very first thing that comes up for me is an ugly and stupid social media post. What's worse, there is nothing I can do to delete it. It's there forever. And the worst part is, I don't even hold those beliefs anymore! Please, tell me my job hunt isn't doomed by a half-hour of idiocy years ago.

If you can't change your privacy settings, go back in and edit the post so it says something else.

Can't do either. I lost my login information, and it's a blog comment.

Can't do either. I lost my login information, and it's a blog comment.
It's a long shot, but maybe try and contact the owner of the blog (assuming that this isn't your blog but someone else's) and see if they can delete the comment for you?

Your best option is finding some means of account recovery in order to takedown or edit the post. That or contacting the owner directly to do some grovelling, explain your situation and ask them to remove it.

There's tsings like the EU 'Right To Be Forgotten' laws, but that's a hell of a hassle and may not apply (though your country may have similar laws).