1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Those of you who have been keeping up with the announcements of late probably have an idea about what I'm going to tell you about but for everyone, including those who are new, this is the official word:

Iwaku is going to be undergoing a software update in the near future. With the fundraiser money that you donated to the cause, Iwaku is going to be moving to Xenforo 2.0 and the site will need to be down for the update process. This should fix a handful of wicked imps in the system that cause weird errors (and probably unearth more but we'll see about that when we come to it) and is also going to affect the addons. When the site returns from the update, we'll put together a new announcement regarding the status of addons and other details about changes with the new software.

For now, the most important information is:

Iwaku will be down for maintenance on September 2, 2018

You should expect the site to be down the entire day with some potential bleed-over into Monday the 3rd if necessary (Diana needs sleep too!).​

The Iwaku Discord will be running while the maintenance is underway and there will be some fun activities to help you pass the time. A few new channels will be added to help offset the expected swell in numbers of active chatters on Discord. Please read the rules and be courteous to the staff volunteers who will be trying to answer questions and find fun things to do.

We do not anticipate anything to be lost during the update. There will be warnings about the site going down for the maintenance as the event approaches. Heed these warnings to ensure that you're not midway through typing up a post when it goes down and all should be well!

If you have any questions regarding the update, let us know so that we can make sure that the process is as easy to understand (and nonintimidating) as possible.

GAMES
PLUG DJ
WEIRD VOICE CHAT SHENANIGANS

IM READY

Here comes withdraw...

Reactions: Phantom General
Aaaaaah!!! I hope I will be able to join all the shenanigans. 8DDD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
September second huh? Day after my b-day, but i got work to hold me over that day and hopefully discord as well as i try to use it more.

I'm ready for yelling and Cards Against Humanity

1) you don't go on this site
2) you can't speak
3) worst card czar

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

jk i hope you have fun too

I have so far spent $ 412.17 of Fundraiser money renewing modifications and purchasing necessary replacement modifications in preparation for update day(s). Ç◇Ç

ARE YOU READY, IWAKU? I AM REALLY EXCITED! (⊙◇◉)

I hope we can get some awesome add-ons and replacements for the future of Iwaku! I am so excited for next month!

Soon
12am Sunday morning, CST

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru and Joan
*stays up until 1 am est on the dot*

For Chrome users who want to keep Iwaku pages open during the down-time! (So you can read the BITE entries or your IC thread, whatever.)

This page lets you selectively toggle the discard feature for your open tabs. Tabs are discarded when they haven't been touched for a while, freeing up memory, but forcing the page to refresh when you next select it. Auto-discard is on by default.

i've never used the feature myself but trust me anyways

EDIT: @Shizuochan informed me the link doesn't work. Just copy-paste this: chrome://discards/

Last edited:
SIPPING MY COFFEE GETTING READY TO ACCIDENTALLY DESTROY IWAKU 3 TIMES DURING THE UPDATE. ⊙◇⊙

SIPPING MY COFFEE GETTING READY TO ACCIDENTALLY DESTROY IWAKU 3 TIMES DURING THE UPDATE. ⊙◇⊙
*watches how Jared laughs at you while sensually pats the backup server*
"Fucking saw this coming, Diana..." *sips coffee*