6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Sci-fi Futuristic, Cyberpunk, Victorian, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, time period fantasies, semi-realism, slice of life, organization/agencies, gangs, dystopian, dark, comedy, medieval fantasy

Something something here. Let's us know what is and what is not.

IC
INFO
MISSION
MORE

PROGRESS || LAUNCH DATE JUNE 16TH
100%

Premise: A secret organization that operates all over the world maintains order between the “normal” world and the “supernatural” world by any means necessary. Agents from all over are brought into the Texas facility melting pot to live and work.

Personal Statement: INVICTUS is a supernatural organization roleplay with a multi-point story system that will give characters the necessities to partake in the main story. This is a progression rp, where characters will develop and grow while unveiling the main story conflict through missions and interactions. Each character will be able to shine in at least one of the many story arcs to come, giving them an importance to the end goal. This roleplay will require dedication, even through the slow and tough times. If you’re able to stick through it, hopefully the rewards will be satisfying.

Notice: The roleplay may be a bit slow, but has rather lax posting requirements. However, it is very plot heavy and requires communication between players and the GM. This is also considered a large rp with a large amount of players and larger amount of characters.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rissa

General Mechanics[/hr]

So this section is pretty much a brief introduction of what Invictus is and what to expect. If you want any further details, feel free to ask and/or head over to the [ MORE ] page that could be found on the first post's side buttons.

Overview of Invictus

Invictus is an organization that has existed for a long time now, and similar to many secret organizations, guilds, and orders, it remains in the shadows of common societies so not to create a mass disturbance to the otherwise human populace.

Indeed there are mythical creatures, beasts, extraplanar beings, deities, and people with powers and abilities that hide in plain sight. Some are more blended in with normal society than others, but they exist in and outside of stories. It is up to Invictus to determine whether these beings are hostile or not, and to maintain a balance between them and the unknowing world. Within this duty, Invictus is also responsible for capturing hostiles or deviants, eliminating or exterminating threats, intervening in interpersonal affairs in order to keep peace and balance---as well as other small tasks. All of this is to keep a balance within the world (and various planes of existence).

This does not mean that Invictus is good though. Invictus takes on a grey morality, and has on many occasions had to make calls that were morally questionable. One common questionable tactic is how they acquire new agents. Some come willingly, others are strongarmed into joining. And others are given ultimatums or simply no other options. It is possible to make an agreement to be an outsourced with Invictus, but only if the situations surrounding calls for it.

There are other organizations and groups out there besides Invictus, and even though Invictus can be found at all reaches of the globe, they are not the only supernatural force. Groups such as The Mages Guild, The Order of the Fae (associated with the Seelie Court), The Red Tide, and many more, play major factors within the world, and Invictus is forced to interact with them in various ways. Some are allied, or have agreements. Others, are considered enemies of interest. Regardless, Invictus continues to stay as neutral as possible despite many conflicts involving agents and these various groups.​
Acts, Arcs, and Episodes

Something I will implement in Invictus is the Acts, Arcs, and Episodes system. In other words, the roleplay main story will progress in a series of Acts, however there will be Arcs that will showcase characters and/or explore more about them and the world. And Episodes will be those fun little events that may or may not exactly be important. Each Act will have a few Arcs and Episodes within them. The Arcs will all give bits and pieces that will pull together the main story. I'll lay it out a little bit easier to conceptualize:

Acts - a section of the main story
Arcs - side stories and character developing stories that help direct to main story
Episodes - small silly or random events for just plain fun

These Acts, Arcs and Episodes will all have summaries of them written and posted in the last few posts of this thread. Each summary will give a general guideline of what is going on and what is to come, but once we hit certain milestones within the story, I will update to add more detail. Each Act will be posted upon entering it, and Arcs and Episodes will be listed accordingly.

Active and Active NPC

If you do decide to play multiple characters, but do not feel like posting with them at one time, I am implementing what I call an 'Active NPC' system. In other words, you have your Active Characters (the one you are actively developing and posting with) and Active NPCs (are posting less frequently with and may not be developing). Any Active character can be placed into an Active NPC role and any Active NPC can be taken out to become Active again. All you have to do is let me know what you want to do with them.

This is extremely important, so that I may adjust the story or arcs accordingly. I don't want to have any dead weight being dragged through story arcs if you just don't feel like posting with them at that time. I would rather you post with something you are interested in playing at that time.

That being said, Active NPCs are played on a situational basis (either when directly interacted with or needed for something). Let others know as well, in case they are looking for more interaction than you are willing to play with that particular character at the moment. Active NPCs may not normally go out on missions unless the main story or an arc requires it. Random interactions may be at a minimum until they become an Active character again.​

Last edited:

Rules & Requirements[/hr]

Follow Iwaku's TOS/Be Respecful

I shouldn't have to explain this, so please be courteous to your fellow rpers even if your characters are not. If you have an issue with someone, please contact me and we'll attempt to resolve the issue.

Communication is a MUST!

I know not everyone is good at ooc chatter or does well in discord groups, but communication with me is a REQUIREMENT. This rp is very plot heavy and requires participation from all parties. Can't post this week? Let me know what's going on. Need to take a break? Just tell me. Lost interest? Don't just disappear. Tell me. I'm not going to get upset about it. This is supposed to be fun. But remember, rping is collaborative writing. And thus, it requires a level of communication between participants.

Lax Posting, Dedication Required

I'm not expecting massive posts. Just a minimum of two paragraphs will do. If you want to write more, go right ahead.I know that most people have school, work, obligations, and I'm not going to hold that against you. But if you do join, I do expect there to be a level of dedication-- even through the slow and dry periods of the rp. Got writer's block? Let me know. We'll try and work on a prompt for you to pull you back in. I don't exactly expect a post every day or even every week. But at least try. We do need to have some kind of posting flow.

If your character is caught in a situation with someone else and is stuck there for more than 1 week, you MAY move your character out of that situation to progress the scene.

No Real Pics

No real pictures, no photoshopped real pictures and please no pictures that could be mistaken for a real picture. I want them to look anime, drawn, illustrated, etc. Some CGI images may work, but they may be subjected to debate if they are too realistic.

No Aliens

Because this rp specifically deals with metahumans (people with superpowers), magic, mythological beings and beasts, I am not accepting the addition of aliens. Please be aware that I will be more inclined to accept a character if they happen to have a spin off of a mythological being rather than someone's own made up lore. Keep in mind, characters are accepted on a case by case basis though, and if the character seems appealing enough (has a lot of potential for growth or story progression), then they may be accepted.

No Infectious Beings/Insatiable Hunger

Overall, they are considered to be more harmful to INV instead of helpful, and I will refuse them every time without hesitation.

Multiple Characters Approved!

As long as you can keep up with the characters, I'll allow you to make a new one after 5 IC posts with your previously made character. Every character brought in must have a character sheet and must have been accepted prior to posting.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rissa

Invictus Departments[/hr]

The Invictus Texas Branch has taken on a system similar to it's New York and California counterparts, where the facility is split into different departments that do different tasks. All are agent operative-ran and each department is led by a Supervisor that may also appoint Assistant Supervisors if necessary. Agents are allowed to transfer in and out of departments as well as be laterally promoted between departments. It is not uncommon for departments to work together on tasks as well. However, every department has their own area within the Invictus facility to claim as their base of operations.

Department of Security & Defense

The Invictus Texas Branch is a massive facility, and thus, needs ample amount of protection not only to the facility, but to the hundreds of agents it houses and aids in transfers to other facilities. In doing such, there are a few sub-divisions among the Department of Security & Defense that regulate and maintain order among the organized chaos.

Internal Affairs pose at Invictus' in-house legal force, as well as the problem solvers when issues arise. An Internal Affair agent may be sent out when there is a dispute between agents, or if an agent happens to lose control over themselves or their abilities. They also investigate complaints and deviance from agents within the facility. They are also capable of distributing punishments if not deemed severe enough to take the issue to Upper Management.

Security are in reality, your generic security guards. However, the requirement for becoming a security guard is quite high. Agents must be of good standing, have several superiors' references, and must have a high capability of controlling their abilities. Security must also be strong enough to subdue other agents, and so certain abilities may be more sought after than others. These agents are the ones you see upon entering the base, at every checkpoint, patrol near the shipyards, the hangars, the armories, and also maintain the holding cells and transport any agent that is considered hostile, or are in holding.

The Second Line of Defense (SLD) is consisted of agents from various departments (mainly DoD but can be from others) who are incredibly strong in ability and resolve who are capable of holding the back lines in case shit hits the fan. They are only called upon in emergencies, and may also take leading commands during critical times. They disband when not needed, and come together quarter-annually to discuss matters and make sure things are still running smoothly.

Department of Collections

The Department of Collections is used rather broadly, though the concept of their work remains the same: collect, gather, confiscate and deduce. They usually work closely with other departments, as they are excellent in assisting in missions on many fronts.

The most iconic sub-division of the Collections Department are the Artifact Hunters. When there is a potential case of a rare, sacred or magical artifact about in the world, it is up to these agents to find it, collect it or secure it. This is so that it may not fall into the wrong hands. They usually can be found helping missions that may involve magic.

Both Investigations and Espionage & Infiltration operate not as a single division respectively, but as individuals or small teams of agents that go onto the field when necessary. The Investigations team will generally send out one or two detective agents to collect either clues or evidence relating to a case that may later become a mission, or if a mission calls for solving something that may not be clearly understood. Meanwhile, the Espionage & Infiltration teams may be dispatched during the information gathering stage or during a mission, but will always have a target objective in mind.

The Recruiters probably have one of the most interesting jobs within Invictus, let alone their own department. These agents specifically scope out potential new recruits that are not brought in by special circumstances (through missions or because they may be potential threats). They are like talent agents, and gather information on the potential recruits in order to create a case for recruitment.​
Department Research & Development

The Department of Research & Development is very true to it's name. Filled with inventors, tinkerers, alchemists, scholars and overall people of knowledge, these are the people you go to when you need something knowledge, tech, or other equipment based. The Department of R&D are responsible for things such as maintaining the bestiary compendiums, solve problems using magic or science, as well as handling new or experimental technology and safeholding found artifacts. There is much, much more that they are capable of, and prove to be beneficial in and out of the field.

The Department of R&D is split into two sub-departments that reside in the left wing and right wing respectively on their designated floor. These sub-departments are Science & Technology and Magic & Occult. They tend to cross paths often, however each wing grants them ample amounts of space for maintaining resources as well as holding agent offices, test rooms, containment cells and more.

Medical Department

The Medical Department is pretty self-explanatory. Anything that has to do anything with healing, physical, mental, magical or otherwise, would be done here. The Medical Department is headed by one Supervisor, who oversees all parts of the entire floor it occupies. There are no true sub-divisions within the Medical Department, but they do have various responsibilities on and off the field.

The Field Medics are the ones that are sent out with the other Field Agents just in case there is potential of harm. They are usually fully qualified in healing, but they may also have qualifications in ridding of curses, mending weapons and artifacts, or have spiritual healing capabilities. Generally the field Medics, however, just do patchwork until the unit can get back to the facility.

When an agent is severely injured, they will be sent to the Medical Department floor, also known as the Infirmary, where they will be treated by the Infirmary Staff. These are your serious doctors and healers of stronger caliber. It isn't too often they go out on the field (unless special circumstances). They are the ones that maintain the Infirmary and Medical Bay and see patients no matter how severe-- it could just be a routine checkup to a life or death surgery. They mix both medical science and magic, depending on what is most necessary at the time. They have and continue to work closely with the R&D.

Fieldwork

The Fieldwork department is probably the most expansive and most diverse of all the departments. They fit for every purpose, but may not particularly specialize in anything like the other departments do. They have the largest amount of agents, and all agents that come through Invictus have once been a field agent before they moved onto their respective paths.

Training division is the very first division any agent sees. This is where new recruits are placed for their assessments and 6 months training period. This is also where the supervisors from each department begin to examine the strengths and skills of each agent to potentially take them into their department later on. This division also includes several kinds of teachers, mentors, and agent handlers.

Again, General Work is the most common division, and the one used most broadly. If an agent isn't fitted into a department, then they are more than likely here. Agents may accompany on any kind of mission, so long as they match the star ranking.

Much like the Department of Security & Defense, the Fieldwork department has the First Line of Defense (FLD) which brings together an amount of selected agents to go out onto the field and be the first to handle a threat. Generally they are very strong and quick to subdue their opponents. They are a mixture of various agents from different departments that come together when called upon.​

Last edited:

Invictus Departments[/hr]

Agent Ranks

In Processing - Someone that has just been picked up by Invictus and is in the process of becoming an agent. They may be shown around the facility or they may be kept in a holding cell, depending on the circumstance.

New Recruit - At this rank, a person has been processed as an agent and will undergo a 6 month training process. The training may include: combat, physical and ability assessments; weapon, combat teamwork instruction; and necessary evaluations on important material that may need to be explained (i.e. catching up on how to use tech, or learning about the world around them). New Recruits usually accompany on 0 to 2 star missions, but must always have a superior ranked agent with them at all times.

Rookie Agent - After the 6 month period, agents are automatically promoted to Rookie rank. They may remain this rank up to 2 years. By now, agents should know enough to have the gist of things, but may still be doing specialized training to control abilities or find what their best skills are. Agents are normally assigned partners at this rank and find mentors (though is isn't uncommon for a new recruit to receive a partner or a mentor). Rookie Agents may go on 1 star missions without superior agent supervision.

Junior Agent - Once the 2 years have passed, again an agent is automatically promoted to Junior rank. An agent may stay this rank from anywhere between 3 to 6 years, however can sometimes extend to 8 years if the agent does not pass the required proficiency tests. Junior agents may go on missions ranked 1-3 stars without a superior agent supervision.

Senior Agent - Once an agent passes all the proficiency tests, and has served as a Junior for more than 3 years, they may be promoted to Senior agent. Senior agents are allowed to use their accumulated recreational time more freely, however only if they had gone through the proper process of applying. These agents tend to be more responsible to leading teams or giving instruction to the lower ranks. They may also be teachers, mentors, supervisors, assistant supervisors, missions and agent handlers, etc. Senior agents may go on 1-4 star missions unsupervised.

Veteran Agent - Veteran agent rank is given to anyone that has been an agent with Invictus for more than 15 (human) years. This may be scaled for any agent who ages more slowly. Veteran agents have all the perks and responsibilities of a Senior agent and more. Veteran agents are more commonly picked for SLD and may hold more impactful influence in a discussion. They may supersede an instruction given by a Senior agent (so long as their clearance allows them to). Veteran agents are the only ones to be able to go on 5 star missions unsupervised.​
Clearance Levels

Clearance Level 5
- Special Clearance Supervisor
- Special Clearance Assistant Supervisor
Clearance Level 4
- Special Clearance Missions Handler
- Special Clearance Agent Handler
- Special Clearance New Recruit Trainer
Clearance Level 3 - Average Junior and Senior Level
Clearance Level 2 - Average Junior Level
Clearance Level 1 - Rookie Level
Clearance Level 0 - Captives, Prisoners, Those in Holding, In Processing and New Recruit Only​

Last edited:

F.A.Q.[/hr]

Q: Question Goes Here
A: Annnd Answer goes here​
Q: Question Goes Here
A: Annd Answer goes here​

Last edited:

Act One[/hr]

It has been a week after the last rendition's round of missions. Since then, there have been several transfers and events that have lead up to the Invictus Company Party #276. This is where our cast will currently mingle and meet with their assigned partners. There's music, food, and punch. Lots and lots of punch. Agents will also meet with their corresponding department Supervisors/Assistant Supervisors to discuss more about the department they will be going into (or are already in).

After several pages of IC interaction, certain agents will start to receive messages to meet in corresponding conference rooms to meet with a missions handler for their next mission.​

Arc One: The Air of Nuance[/hr]

To Be Announced​

Episode One[/hr]

To Be Announced​

• Useful
Reactions: The Wanderer