1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy, sci-fi, superheroes, action, adventure, combat, science fantasy, supernatural, hurt/comfort, modern fantasy
Inter-Realm Battle Link

Welcome to the tournament of the multiverses! Please check the Lore thread (links at the bottom of this post) for game rules and other important information and join the Discord server for communication with other players.

The Inter-Realm Battle Link, shortened to IRBL, is an extradimensional arena complex where creatures from all other dimensions can join together in low-stakes combat in a competition for championship.

This is an entirely plotless, sandbox-style roleplay geared towards a high player count and relatively low activity. Expect frequent collaboration for combat roleplays and keep an eye on the threads and chat to make sure you don't miss opportunities. The main focus of the game is character interactions and improving writing and consistency through practice without having to worry about a plotline, along with the thrill of combat roleplay, of course. Feel free to plan out character interactions, toss around ideas, put together subplots, whatever! If you're not sure something fits in the setting, just ask me and I'll be happy to help you out.

I've been running this game on Google+ for a little while now, but I learned very quickly how difficult it is to get a roleplay to take off on social media. I still love the concept, however, and am hoping it will do better here where roleplay is the focus.
Although this is my first roleplay as a Game Master, I have been roleplaying for years prior to joining Iwaku and have been writing long before I even knew about roleplaying. With my current roleplays, I have a few developing stories being posted on Wattpad and Archive of Our Own, although my updating speed is admittedly abysmal. My writing accounts can be found linked in my signature. Although I will not jump all over you if you miss a comma or two in your posts, I would like posts to have decent grammar and spelling and advise proofreading of all posts before submission. Accompanying my advanced writing background is a love for detail. You will make me a very happy GM if the description is so detailed that I'm able to "watch" what you're playing in my mind's eye.

I am normally very laid-back, incredibly difficult to irritate and willing to flow with what I'm given. Unfortunately, I'm not always great at phrasing what I'm trying to communicate and can be a bit blunt and unfiltered at times, but rarely will I ever mean offense by something that I say. I am very open to new ideas, so please, feel free to tell me about any you might have! On that note, I love to see and participate in communication between players. If you're ever confused about any part of the roleplay, just ask me! It is practically impossible for me to be annoyed by someone asking for clarification.

Important Links
«Sign-Ups/OOC»
Lore
Character Index
IC
Discord

Last edited:
Hey @Draku69 @jeshem @Mobley Eats I don't mean to pester but I'm still waiting on character CSs from y'all. How's progress on that? I'm hoping to get the IC thread up and running once at least one player has one or more characters posted. I'm also pretty excited to see who you guys submit, especially given that I've already seen hints and things from a couple of them.

Also, if you are planning to participate in this roleplay, please join the Discord server.

Double also, ads are still down but new players are always welcome!

Preferred NDA: The Tall Man
Name: Kameron Wexler
Personality:

The Tall Man is the personification of the saying "Speak softly and be a walking instrument of torture". He first presents himself to his victims as a friendly character, feigning politeness and compassion while regretting what he is or will be doing to his victims. In reality, Kameron is a manipulative, sadistic individual who takes great pride and pleasure in inflicting pain on others. While not completely emotionless, Kameron does display a disconnection or at least a lack of empathy with others. In order to blend in in everyday life, Kameron has been taught to imitate or even fake emotions when interacting with others.

Species: Metahuman
Appearance:
yukio-okumura-blue-exorcist-88.jpg

The Tall Man is 6'7" tall and weighs 182 lbs. likes to make himself presentable while doing his job, usually wearing a black set of suit, vest, and tie with a white shirt. His facial features are usually obscured with his mask but with it off, Kameron puts on friendly, disarming smile. He rarely ever loses this smile even in combat, though it does become more and more malicious as his true, sadistic nature is slowly revealed.

Skills:
  • Master hand-to-hand
  • Master marksman
  • Proficient with melee weapons
  • Stealth
Abilities:
  • Pain tolerance
  • Ambidextrous
Superpowers:
  • Pain inducement
  • Mental attacks
  • Psychic Shielding
Weaknesses:
  • Reliance on suppressants to keep his power under control
  • Can only push his powers so far before they begin to affect himself as well
Weapons/Gear:
  • M17 handgun, 9mm
  • Mk14 Battle Rifle, 7.62×51mm NATO
  • 8.5 cm spring loaded switch blade
  • A white featureless face mask to hide his identity while encouraging his victims to believe him to be some inhuman monster.
  • His suit vest doubles as a ballistic vest
  • His tie doubles as a whip and a garrote
  • Lockpicks

Power Grid
Intelligence: 4/7 — As a metahuman, the Tall Man is naturally superior mentally and physically when compared to a regular human
Strength: 4/7 — Additionally, the Tall Man could be considered a peak metahuman
Speed (Running): 3/7
Speed (Flight): 1/7
Durability: 4/7 — While the Tall Man can be injured, he cannot feel pain
Energy Projection: 1/7
Fighting Ability: 6/7 — Kameron's fighting focuses more on breaking and incapacitating though he would just as gladly go for the kill if given the chance

Extras:
An assassin/integrator created in another metahuman/super powers rp

just_a_slenderman_by_laitz-d5msc06.jpg

Alright, @jeshem upon reviewing your submission, there are a couple changes I'd like you to make.
The major detail is that you seem to have slightly misunderstood how the power grid works. The numbers are not arbitrary but represent a certain range, which is elaborated in the Character Index pinned post. Those ranges would read like this for the ratings you have listed:
Power Grid
Intelligence: 4/7 — gifted
Strength: 4/7 — superhuman: 800 lbs-25 ton range
Speed (Running): 3/7 — superhuman: peak range 700 mph
Speed (Flight): 1/7 — flightless
Durability: 4/7 — regenerative
Energy Projection: 1/7 — none
Fighting Ability: 6/7 — master of several forms of combat

Does that look about right? The details you added made me wonder if his grid should look more like this:
Power Grid
Intelligence: 4/7 — gifted
Strength: 3/7 — peak human
Speed (Running): 3/7 — superhuman: peak range 700 mph
Speed (Flight): 1/7 — flightless
Durability: 2/7 — normal
Energy Projection: 1/7 — none
Fighting Ability: 6/7 — master of several forms of combat

One note in particular: his inability to feel pain could be listed as a detail for Durability but does not warrant a higher value. Please do specify at least what his top speed is (Speed (Running)) if not also the forms of combat that he has mastered (Fighting Ability) and max force capacity (Strength). I would also like you to include the base notes listed with the explanation of the power grid even when you have no specific information to add so that all information can be in one place.

Minor formatting: make sure that only the field name is in bold, not the information itself. It's easier to read.
I also usually prefer real photos or realistic art be used for faceclaims. I have a few that might work with what you're going for if you'd like to look them over.

Reactions: Draku69
Oh also @Mobley Eats I was going to mention but I forgot: for Iron Head's voiceclaim you have the actor but not the character and source, or any kind of reference link for what that sounds like, which makes it difficult to determine what exactly that sounds like. Could you add one or both of those to her CS?

One note in particular: his inability to feel pain could be listed as a detail for Durability but does not warrant a higher value. Please do specify at least what his top speed is (Speed (Running)) if not also the forms of combat that he has mastered (Fighting Ability) and max force capacity (Strength). I would also like you to include the base notes listed with the explanation of the power grid even when you have no specific information to add so that all information can be in one place.
Fair enough. He's supposed to be just plain tougher than a normal human though (in the rp he was in, metahumans were just generally faster, smarter, tougher, etc) so would a 3/7 durability be okay? If not, 2/7 will be fine I suppose.
I suppose he could be considered an enhanced human so for comparison sake, he could probably be compared to somebody like Captain America.

Last edited:
Oh also @Mobley Eats I was going to mention but I forgot: for Iron Head's voiceclaim you have the actor but not the character and source, or any kind of reference link for what that sounds like, which makes it difficult to determine what exactly that sounds like. Could you add one or both of those to her CS?
Can do. I went back and added the specific character from which show (Chicago PD), along with a link that should show how Iron Head sounds, along with her general attitude. Hope that works!

• Thank You
Reactions: Astroblaze
He's supposed to be just plain tougher than a normal human though (in the rp he was in, metahumans were just generally faster, smarter, tougher, etc) so would a 3/7 durability be okay?
Yes, that's fine -- just so long as you're accurately using the ratings, I don't particularly mind what they are.

He's supposed to be just plain tougher than a normal human though (in the rp he was in, metahumans were just generally faster, smarter, tougher, etc) so would a 3/7 durability be okay?
Yes, that's fine -- just so long as you're accurately using the ratings, I don't particularly mind what they are.
Alright, CS is updated. Let me know if I'm still misunderstanding the ratings.

and voice, I need to add a voice. Gimme a sec

Alright, CS is updated. Let me know if I'm still misunderstanding the ratings.
I would prefer that you include a reference link for voice for those unfamiliar with the character used, but that's a minor detail. Tall Man is approved!

I'm keeping up with this one. Just haven't been able to do much rp wise.

Okay so @jeshem @Mobley Eats @Draku69 @Crow @Teddy Zorro are you all still interested in this roleplay? Only a couple of you have submitted characters and none of you have responded since I put up the IC thread a month or so ago. Honestly I've been losing interest in this roleplay myself—I still love the concept but I'm starting to doubt that it can create a roleplay with lasting interest, plus I've realized that I've been expecting characters to respond in ways that might actually be contrary to their personalities (such as being totally okay with being thrown into a place where they are forced to fight anyone and everyone, often to the death)—but if you all are still interested, I will continue to run it for your sakes, and I'm sure I'll find enjoyment for myself in that. Otherwise I'm going to close this down.

Oh dear...well for starters, I want to apologize for my lack of activity in the group. I take full blame for my lack of participation. With a combination of the graduate school application fiasco eating away at my time and life rearing its ugly head, I fell out of step with this RP. Also, I somewhat share the same issue in that I'm struggling to enter my character into the plot while sticking true to her personality/nature. It's with great sadness that I may have to withdraw from this for the time being. If you ever decide to reopen this in the future, let me know!

-Stay beautiful

Oh dear...well for starters, I want to apologize for my lack of activity in the group. I take full blame for my lack of participation. With a combination of the graduate school application fiasco eating away at my time and life rearing its ugly head, I fell out of step with this RP. Also, I somewhat share the same issue in that I'm struggling to enter my character into the plot while sticking true to her personality/nature. It's with great sadness that I may have to withdraw from this for the time being. If you ever decide to reopen this in the future, let me know!

-Stay beautiful
I totally understand the life deal -- stuff's lightening up for me with the nearing end of the semester but it'll get heavy again soon enough, and I have a bunch of other things I'm trying to keep track of, my WIP novels being the major factor I can think of. Don't worry about it :) Good luck in your endeavors!

• Thank You
Reactions: Mobley Eats
This rp is quite reminiscent to one I've joined in the past that I absolutely loved. I've just moved from to Tx to Wisconsin here recently and the laptop I was going to be using had gotten a cell phone dropped onto it. So currently out of commission. But I'm behind on so many of my rps and I don't really see too many people throwing their hats into this pot. So idk tbh.