Just Super (Apps)

My apologies for taking so long. I have this odd obsession to make trying to make certain that my character doesn't fall (too much) out of tone. I am hoping that this is the spot where we post the applications of our characters and that it will be an enjoyable read.

[spoili]

• Full Name
    Emily Jennifer Kennedy

Alter Ego Name
    'Shockwave'

Nicknames
    'Kenny', 'Emmy'.

Birthday (Month and Day)
    February 2nd.

Occupation
    Bounty Hunter

Role
    Vigilante.

• Faceclaim
    First image, by Kuvshinov-Ilya
    Second image,- Source-

Height
    5'6 (1.72m)

Weight
    154 Pounds (68/69 Kilograms)

Description
    Emily's is from nature a redhead. Her hair reaches down to her shoulder, the tips just barely moving past it. Her skin complexion is slightly pale which might betray her Irish-heritage. Her eyes are somewhat dark-greenish. Due to her job, she has an athletic body that likely comes with her job as regular training. Emily's voice is a little bit raspy, almost as it if is betraying that she enjoys the occasional cigarette or alcoholic beverage.

Alter Ego Appearance

Mask | Costume
    The 'costume', as far as one could determine that Emily has a costume, has clear signs of her work. Wearing some minimal protection, such as shin as forearm protection, the rest of Emily's equipment is mainly pouches and meant to serve to store small items
    The jacket is made of leather but has no special property. Neither does anything else on her costume have a special property. Emily does usually equip in this fashion but sometimes resorts to switch things up - such as packing less to not attract too much attention to herself.
    This outfit is further complemented by a dark grey scarf that hides her lower features as a hoodie that can be pulled up.

• Personality:
    Calm and friendly is usually the two terms that people think off when needing to describe Emily's personality. She is hard to anger, save it for several topics that are too close to home. With her experience in being a bounty hunter, she has also shown to be quick on judging others. Being the person that prefers to stand back and observe a situation and then act on it, has saved her from a lot of trouble. But underneath this polite and cool-headed demeanour is a certain anger and frustration. One that Emily rather tries to avoid but isn't always able to.

Rock music| Dogs and cats | Cloudy overcast | Sweet-flavoured drinks and food | Alcohol and cigarettes

Dislikes:
    Rudeness | The treatment meta-humans receive | Surprises| Cows and sheep| Extremists |

Hobbies:
    Observing | Lounging| Training |

Fears:
    Becoming a criminal/ Giving into her anger | | Diseases | Drugs |

Goal(s):
    Find a place within the world | Not being a danger to others |

• Backstory:
    Emily's story started twenty-four years ago. She was born to the loving pair: Dean and Jennifer Kennedy. Her father worked as a police officer while her mother taught at a primary school. A pair that worked in and for the community yet never being in the spotlight. Just two normal human beings that would wake up in the morning, get ready for work and then try to tackle what the day threw at them. Their lives would change with Jennifer becoming pregnant and nine months later giving birth to Emily.

Emily wasn't like her parents. She was born a meta-human, bringing in a lot of changes for the Kennedy family. Despite their best interests, Emily's parents weren't able to always shield their daughter from the treatment that meta-humans receive. All of this would be worse as Emily's parents tried to apply NegaEVO, hoping that it would be of some use. Hopefully, giving Emily a chance for a normal life. More medicines were applied but eventually, Emily's parent's desperation turned into sad acceptance. Though they did it out of love, it would be the major cause of the rift between Emily and her parents. Receiving training and trying to cope with her nature, Emily didn't want to just fit into society.

Unsure of her place and position, she tried to sign up for a number of jobs. Only to settle for a course to educate herself into becoming a bounty hunter. Not some spectacular chasing, shooting as fighting defendants as one might think it is. Simply investigating and arresting defendants. However, now and then she delves into the more illegal procedure. Attempting to use her powers to bring down 'wrong-do'ers'. Something that gives her some satisfaction, providing an outlet for her frustration and desire for more rights for those who share the same troubled fate as her.

• Family:

Jennifer Kennedy and Dean Kennedy
    Strained | Distant | Still caring |

'Emily's relationship with her parents is quite strained. There is some uneasiness between them. Even while there has never been an actual case of abuse or anger it is clear the Emily carries some scars from what she had to go through. Her parents think and feel that Emily stepping away from them is because what they tried to help her. The real reason why is different, from Emily's perspective. Knowing what she is, she tries to give her parents a semblance of a normal life by not playing a huge part in their lives. Something that hasn't yet worked or given neither Emily or her parents any true satisfaction.'

(Hopefully more characters incoming.)

• Main Power:
    Smoke Manipulation
    Techniques:
    • Smokescreen: A very straightforward technique. Emily claps her hands and creates a smoke explosion. The smoke will expand and blind those inside the screen, as well preventing those from outside to view what is going on inside the smokescreen.
    • Smoke-Phasing: By snapping her fingers and focusing for a few seconds, Emily can turn herself into smoke. This is something she has mastered to the level that she can partially as fully turn into smoke. Usually for actions that require a more delicate approach or allowing her to manoeuvre through an opening that would else be too small for her.
    • Hot Smoke: By heating up the smoke, Emily is able to create a smaller screen that is a bit more troublesome. With the smoke being heaten up, it can become ignited into an incendiary result, as smoke is fuel and hot smoke overhead results in thermal insult (due to radiant heat transfer) and potential for ignition. This particular technique requires more preparation than her other techniques.
    • Smothering Screen: Making the smoke denser and thus harder to breathe, Emily can try to maker her victim/victims have a harder time to fight back.
    • Heat: To generate smoke, Emily can heat her own body temperature to double the normal human's body temperature. This heat is usually done in scenarios where Emily needs to go through some strong cold or try to heat up her smoke - which is made of another property that can become combustible at the temperature of 60 °C / 140 °F.

Weaknesses:
    The most direct weakness that Emily's ability have is anything that can distort or can generate a strong gust, thus blowing her smoke away. Rendering most of her abilities useless. This isn't only the most obvious such as wind but also water tends to work very well to drive smoke away.
    When she also makes herself fully or partially intangible with her 'Smoke-Phasing', Emily will start to feel light in the head. This means that she can't keep it up for prolonged situations. Last but not least is that she can be frozen when morphing herself into smoke. For she can't generate more heat when using her 'Smoke-Phasing'.

[/spoili]

Last edited:
@Firemind
Alex is fanatastic! The only thing I did notice is that I think you referene him as "Oli" in your powers. Not sure who Oli is! If you don't mind, can you give me the name of the faceclaim you're using and, we're ready to go!

@Oetje
Please follow the rules in regards to posting apps. I will not read/see your profile until you have followed directions.

EDIT: Oh crap! There's another app! Gonna get to that right now!

Reactions: Firemind
@Mocha Kitty
There's small things I'm going to nitpick in the profile. 1) Ireland would have screening for the gene at this point and 2) it doesn't make sense that she would be a medic in the police (since that position doesn't exist in general). But, overall, I like her powers and the fact that her life got shaken up because of anti-metahuman nonsense. Please, change up her backstory to meet what I've stated and let me know when you made the fixes!

Reactions: Mocha Kitty
Oli was a previous name for the character, and the face claim is Lon'qu from Fire Emblem Awakening. I'll fix the blunder in a moment.

Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
No worries! And, I'll update the thread in the bit with your character's roster image and all that jazz!

• Thank You
Finally done with my criminal. I present you Fianna "Banshee" Chambers

and sorry if the coding is too simple. Its hard to do coding using my phone >_<

Last edited:
@Oetje - This is what he is looking for.

In order to submit a character, copy/paste over the list of information I require for the thread and post them up in a separate thread like "Character Showcase" or "Testing."

To save you the heartbreak, I thought I would include this.

Oh, thanks. I will get to work right away. I read the rules but couldn't anything like that before. Many thanks.

No worries Oetje. I mostly commented because your character looks pretty fun ;)

• Useful
Reactions: Oetje
@DANAsaur
One thing: I would like it more that Joshua had no idea what he was getting into more so than knowing that it had to do with "reducing the effects of the EVOGene." I feel like it'd be more impactful and, of course, it'd make sense if it's a bit "hush hush" if the goverment is doing that extreme testing (compared to shitty not FDA approved "Snake Oil" like the "negaGEne" mentioned in the beginning). Outside of that, she's gucci!
@Oetje
Yeah... please ask questions if there's something you don't understand. I am a stickler to the rules. But, I like Emily! She's in!

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Oetje and DANAsaur
@DANAsaur
One thing: I would like it more that Joshua had no idea what he was getting into more so than knowing that it had to do with "reducing the effects of the EVOGene." I feel like it'd be more impactful and, of course, it'd make sense if it's a bit "hush hush" if the goverment is doing that extreme testing (compared to shitty not FDA approved "Snake Oil" like the "negaGEne" mentioned in the beginning). Outside of that, she's gucci

Done editing my CS (=✪ᆽ✪=)